Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Guilt Trip

• Start Topic

Maybe. I've thought of this re: Brandi. She started out popular, but then turned so vile and hated, to which the producers seem to have a deaf ear. So I thought - do they disregard the negative (cuz every HW has their detractors), and go by popularity indexes like NYT best sellers ? Same with Teresa - does her popularity with her books, all the food and hair companies, appearances, etc... override everything else? I know she's the star of the show, but events have taken a sharp left turn, and Bravo seems not to have noticed.

I actually think that a lot of Teresa fans are the ones not watching. This is based strictly on personal experience among some of my friends (I have several casual friends that love Teresa more than life) who haven't watched a single episode this year. They cannot bear to watch her downfall. I get this because since I don't like her, one of the only reasons I am still watching this shit-storm is so that I can see her downfall.

I also think this is a reason Bravo made a mistake in cleaning house so drastically. Much of Teresa's allure did come from the fact that many people felt like she was treated poorly by everyone else. I think that many of her fans would have stuck with the show if the hated Caroline, Jac and Kathy would have been on, so that they could continue to scream about how mistreated poor Teresa was by the rest of the gang. Without them, there is no one to kick Teresa around and her attractiveness is diminished. She is now only a victim of her own foolishness, and that is no fun for a Teresa fan to watch. 

• Love 2

I don't think Bravo puts that much thought into things.  I think they go with what will create the most chatter, regardless of who becomes the villain or victim of the story, and without really considering what the attitude of the audience is, though that probably dictates airtime.  A tweet is a tweet, right?  It's not analyzed for content, it just has to exist.  They just need us saying something and using the right hashtag.

That said, I think they do try to control things with casting, and this season I think they were left with the poor-Teresa storyline (so far) because Melissa came back to the show a different person (she even sounds different to me).  Without her leading an anti-Teresa charge, I think it's natural for people to coalesce around Teresa as the last remaining original HW (I don't count Dina because she's ride-or-die Teresa).  I suppose Amber/Jim could have done it, and Jim seemed ready to go that route, but Amber is fundamentally unstable, imho, and hasn't followed through.

So I think that's why we're getting this kind of Teresa tale- they just picked the wrong people to film with her.  Absent arguments, the best way to go for chatter is probably weeping children and the pearl-clutching drama of the trial and guilty pleas.  I find it irritating, but I'm still talking about it so...I guess they win.  I do wish they had cast someone else in place of Amber/The Twins, though.  They needed someone semi-famous, I think, with enough power to re-stack the deck far as cast alliances are concerned, but without a lot of reality tv savvy.  JMHO of course.

(You can tell I have a lot of work to do since I'm analyzing the HW shows...that's how my brain de-stresses/procrastinates).

I actually think that a lot of Teresa fans are the ones not watching. This is based strictly on personal experience among some of my friends (I have several casual friends that love Teresa more than life) who haven't watched a single episode this year. They cannot bear to watch her downfall. I get this because since I don't like her, one of the only reasons I am still watching this shit-storm is so that I can see her downfall.

I never thought of this. What an interesting point. And it makes sense. Even here, there's a poster who's gone MIA, and I know she's a huge Teresa fan/defender from her days on TWOP. I didn't make the connection to viewers and the show., but again, it. makes. sense.!

• Love 1

I don't think Bravo puts that much thought into things.  I think they go with what will create the most chatter, regardless of who becomes the villain or victim of the story, and without really considering what the attitude of the audience is, though that probably dictates airtime.  A tweet is a tweet, right?  It's not analyzed for content, it just has to exist.  They just need us saying something and using the right hashtag.

I get what you're saying - chatter is chatter, tweets are tweets. But that's really treating the audience like sheep. Some of us might be, but I think most of us aren't, and most importantly - ALL of us are TAXPAYERS! And Joe and Teresa engaged in massive tax fraud, and flaunted their fake wealth on every episode. How is that ok with the audience? Maybe it truly is for some - they like who they like, and they just don't care about "that mess." And then, there's the rest of us.

• Love 2

Amber's weepfests are so whatthefuck. There was also a scene where she's in the car talking to Melissa, and she gets choked up talking about the weather. So bizarre.

Speaking of Dina's house, WTF is up with all her statues and other stuff of "eastern religions". It looks like a combo Pier One and a flea market.

I feel sorry for whoever has to dust that parade of crap.

The Guidice kids have grown up in a materialistic environmment but we don't know if they, the kids, embrace cheating and stealing.

Well, Milania took somebody else's money that she found in the laundry, and was taught to hide it in her bosom, so junior troll is on her way.

• Love 5

If she's awaiting sentencing, how can Teresa leave the state?

Teresa commented somewhere last Spring that they were allowed to travel -they probably are granted permission by the court to travel for "work".  Now someone above mentioned massive tax fraud - how much do they owe in taxes?  I know the mortgage fraud was millions - is that also taxable income? Lol taxed on ill-gotten gains.  It will be interesting to see what the pre-sentence report will say.  it will have to say something good for them to think that Teresa will not be getting jail time - something like she or they have paid back a lot of their debt or have scheduled a payment plan for the rest based upon her earnings from RHNJ.  

I bet that was her Fabulicious sauce or whatever food products she was marketing last year on the stove.

In retrospect, I believe that Bravo is responsible for the Tre and Juicy and "4 poor daughters" edit, so while Tre may be  spinning a woe is me agenda, what we see on the TV is the result of editing of a huge amount of film. Bravo could have easily edited the film to make Tre look worse than she does, and left out the pity party. This is Bravo decision, most likely predicated on the assumption that Tre has a large fanbase that is pulling for her.  It has mostly backfired, based on Bravo now backpeddling and adding in characters and scenes after the fact. 

Well, Milania took somebody else's money that she found in the laundry, and was taught to hide it in her bosom, so junior troll is on her way.

Wasn't that the littlest one, Audriana? IIRC, Tre was doing the family's laundry, Audriana found Tre's cash and Tre told her to put it in her bosom. Either way, I don't consider it theft if Tre was right there and told her to keep the money and put it in her bosom. It was supposed to be a lighthearted, funny scene not an example of one of the kids "stealing", lol.

• Love 2

And people that dance too closely to the the boundaries of legality seem to always characterize the government and law enforcement as the bad guys.

And people that dance too closely to the boundaries of legality usually hang out with like minded people. 

• Love 2

For all the "poor me", they never say they didn't do it. Even last season, they never said they didn't do it. Instead, Teresa said last season that she didn't even understand the charges against them, because she can't understand all that lawyer speak or whatever. And no one else on the show ever says they didn't do it either. The closest they got was Rosie saying she doesn't understand any of it because she can't even balance her own checkbook.

When is the sentencing anyway? And who is going to buy that tacky, marble-filled house?

I love how Amber says she's not going to stir the shit about the twins' mother sleeping with one of their husbands, but she says it in front of a camera on national television. Way to be discreet, Amber. I'm sure that won't come up during the reunion special or anything.

Bobby is a cheater. I would bet a million dollars in mortgage fraud that Bobby is a player and a cheater.

• Love 3

I kind of wish we had a season without Jim first because I think Bobby could be a treasure trove of snark.  I do think he is playing that twin just to be on the show.  But Jim has hijacked the season, and rightly so because he brings so much just being himself.  One talking head of Jim's is like a whole month of Dina scenes.

But he is overshadowing a little the snarkability of the others.  It's too much at once with him.  And now the twitter. Oy.

Jeez Louise Jacqueline!  Step away from the filler or the mortadella because whatever the hell is going on with her cheeks is out of control.  Love that her consolation is done by text.  Great way to bring her back.  So she can text Teresa and cry about it from home.   Great filler scene.

• Love 3

Wasn't that the littlest one, Audriana? IIRC, Tre was doing the family's laundry, Audriana found Tre's cash and Tre told her to put it in her bosom. Either way, I don't consider it theft if Tre was right there and told her to keep the money and put it in her bosom. It was supposed to be a lighthearted, funny scene not an example of one of the kids "stealing", lol.

I didn't think that was a big deal, either...we actually used to do this as kids--spare change in the couch was always found money (especially after my aunts and uncles had visited...).  And, putting the money in her bosom may have been something either Milania or Audriana had seen her grandmothers do - my grandmothers did that, and my mother still does it on occasion.    :-)

• Love 1

TMZ is reporting that Theresa and Joe have listed their house for sale at $3.9 million. 

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/08/real-housewives-teresa-joe-giudice-sell-new-jersey-mansion-prison/

Somehow, I don't think they will get full asking price!

ETA:  Looks like their house down the shore has also been listed for sale:

http://www.trulia.com/property/1090913617-49-Sylvia-Ln-Manahawkin-NJ-08050#photo-18

Edited by njbchlover

How unPC is it to note that Jac looks like a cariacature of an Asian-American, circa 1950's?

Chris--I love ya, but in addition to skipping mortgage payments to pay for Nicholas and his treatments, you clearly also used the money so that Jac could inject her weight in with fillers.

I remember first season I thought Jac was pretty in her curvy, made-up way. Now she makes Teresa's Dorito-hued, leathery textured visage seem like the "natural look,"

• Love 5

I also think this is a reason Bravo made a mistake in cleaning house so drastically. Much of Teresa's allure did come from the fact that many people felt like she was treated poorly by everyone else. I think that many of her fans would have stuck with the show if the hated Caroline, Jac and Kathy would have been on, so that they could continue to scream about how mistreated poor Teresa was by the rest of the gang. Without them, there is no one to kick Teresa around and her attractiveness is diminished. She is now only a victim of her own foolishness, and that is no fun for a Teresa fan to watch.

While I was not a fan of Caroline, Jac or Kathy, it was a mistake to let them go.  3 new HW's at one time is alot - there are only two people the viewing audience is vested in - Teresa and Melissa.  Dina, maybe, but she's been gone for a while so I would question how many people are vested in her. 

Had they stayed, I doubt there would be the Teresa antagonism we saw previously simply because of the indictments.   None of them would kick her (hard) when she was down, so I think the show would have had a totally different feel.

If the show survives this season, it will be interesting to see what happens next season if Teresa is sentenced to prison.  I don't think Amber will be back.   So...Jac and maybe bring Kathy back with twins and Melissa.    Might work but not sure where that will leave Dina.

Juicy Joe makes me sick. All of a sudden he is a loving husband and wonderful father. He and Tre, sticking together to the end. Bleeeecccchhhh! Lets not forget the Joe of yesteryear that was constantly yelling at Teresa, treating her like crap, drinking way too much, always in a bad mood, not having time for his kids and ripping off everyone he could get his hands on. And I still can't wrap my head around all the love between the Gorga's and the Guidice's. This was one of the most vicious hate fests in RH history, things were said and done that could never be forgotten, in fact a whole season was predicated on it,  but somehow we are expected to believe they are getting along so great that Melissa goes to spend a Friday night with Teresa at her house to drink wine and watch the Godfather. Bullshit!! So tired of BRAVO treating the viewers as if we have amnesia.

• Love 1

And I still can't wrap my head around all the love between the Gorga's and the Guidice's. This was one of the most vicious hate fests in RH history, things were said and done that could never be forgotten, in fact a whole season was predicated on it,  but somehow we are expected to believe they are getting along so great that Melissa goes to spend a Friday night with Teresa at her house to drink wine and watch the Godfather. Bullshit!! So tired of BRAVO treating the viewers as if we have amnesia.

I think the Gorgas were up the creek without a storyline.  They couldn't still hate on Tre and Juicy with them facing prisontime.  So now the love-fest which just doesn't ring true.

The only thing that has been consistent over the seasons is that Teresa hasn't told any of the HWs her deal with the charges - not Caroline, not Jac and now not Melissa.  None of them really know what is going on.  

• Love 1
Wasn't that the littlest one, Audriana?

It was, my bad. Just switch the names.

And, putting the money in her bosom may have been something either Milania or Audriana had seen her grandmothers do - my grandmothers did that, and my mother still does it on occasion.

Teresa showed the kid how to do it.

I think the Gorgas were up the creek without a storyline.  They couldn't still hate on Tre and Juicy with them facing prisontime.  So now the love-fest which just doesn't ring true.

The only thing that has been consistent over the seasons is that Teresa hasn't told any of the HWs her deal with the charges - not Caroline, not Jac and now not Melissa.  None of them really know what is going on.  

I never bought the storyline that the Gorga's and Giudice's hated each other with such venom. Never. Do I think there was some anger and jealousy there? Oh yea. I always believed that going into S3, Teresa didn't want her story to be about the bankruptcy or her financial problems, so she ramped up this drama with her family. She wanted to keep folks away from what was really going on in her life, so she created this whole narrative about how horrible these people were for coming on "her" show to "take her down". It either wasn't true that she was such a family person, who loved her brother more than life itself, or it wasn't true that she couldn't find a way to exist with him. To me it always seemed like they really loved each other.  It was interesting when she and Melissa were having their little party while watching The Godfather.  Teresa said something about how they were back to acting like that use to act with each other, before all of the drama started. If they had really been close enough to snuggle in bed and drink wine together, all of the other stuff was just BS. 

For all the "poor me", they never say they didn't do it. Even last season, they never said they didn't do it. Instead, Teresa said last season that she didn't even understand the charges against them, because she can't understand all that lawyer speak or whatever.

I'm not sure about Teresa, but Joe has definitely said they didn't do anything on camera numerous times. But always in a sly way: "We know who we are....We haven't done anything..." He also claimed innocence in the bankruptcy dealings; even worse, he chided his business partner when Joe forged his signature. And don't get me started on Joe's drunk driving arrest. He has consistently claimed his innocence at every turn of that case.

• Love 2

I agree that Amber is a drama queen but I found something so wrong with Gia's reaction of laughing at her so wrong.  But then Gia was crying after Melissa called.  This show is so 'f' uped this season. 

Teresa continues on the pity tour and we have endure the continued focus on Gia.  The show has gone down the tubes. 

I didn't find anything wrong with Gia laughing at Butterface, the bawling idiot deserved to be laughed at., hell I was laughing at her.  God what a piece of work.

• Love 3

I was very confused when they first showed her. I asked myself, "Did they cast an Asian American woman on the show this season?"

Jacq's face now reminds me of a yakuza back tattoo of an umpteenth century geisha. You know, the ones with exaggerated features of tiny eyes and mouth and a very long head .

Why is she back Bravo? This is just more of RHoNJ I'm going to have to fast forward through because I won't even watch it live anymore due to Butterface and THE CANCER.

• Love 7

You might have a point…but I like her and I still watch because of her (and hers, to an extent). But I also think that the show has become boring and formulaic for people, Teresa fans or not--and Sunday nights are notorious for DVR conflict (which reminds me, speaking of Sunday-night shows and also tax evasion--I completely forgot to watch Boardwalk Empire).

Teresa showed the kid how to do it.

I think the other poster's point was less about who taught her and more that the bosom gesture says nothing nefarious of a toddler's (or anyone else's) hypothetically criminal tendencies.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1

Giselle- you're viciously funny (South Park fan too?). You've given Bosawks a run for his/her money.

I'm curious too if Teresa's fans aren't watching since they know it ain't ending well. They should buy more products at least (she needs the money). I'm willing to do my share. Anybody else up for ordering Fabellini on-line as the alcohol for sentencing?

• Love 1

Giselle- you're viciously funny (South Park fan too?). You've given Bosawks a run for his/her money.

I'm curious too if Teresa's fans aren't watching since they know it ain't ending well. They should buy more products at least (she needs the money). I'm willing to do my share. Anybody else up for ordering Fabellini on-line as the alcohol for sentencing?

Sure. Just like I bought Skinny Girl for Bethany's divorce.

Ironically I owe my vicious sense of humor to Fabellini. Edited by bosawks
  • Love 2

I think the other poster's point was less about who taught her and more that the bosom gesture says nothing nefarious of a toddler's (or anyone else's) hypothetically criminal tendencies.

I understood the poster's point just fine, but thanks.

Sorry, but this "bitch" ain't buying anything that'll put a dime in the Giudices' crooked pockets or their children's bosoms.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 4

jaync - normally I wouldn't either but think I'll make an exception this time. Added bonus - apparently Fabellini did wonders for bosawks. If I only knew.

But I certainly wouldn't call you a bitch for taking the moral high ground. I'm only referring to us bitches who don't mind putting some spare (very spare) change in the Giudice's pocket for our own amusement. We're the ones already plotting out our trip to Hell.

• Love 1

Ironically I owe my vicious sense of humor to Fabellini.

And Bosawks reminds us she's still wearing the crown.

P.S. Sorry, but add me to the list of folks that doesn't want to contribute to the Save Teresa Fund. In fact, I might just buy Melissa's book or order a dozen cannolis from Kathie just to spite her. Can I spike them?

• Love 3

And Bosawks reminds us she's still wearing the crown.

P.S. Sorry, but add me to the list of folks that doesn't want to contribute to the Save Teresa Fund. In fact, I might just buy Melissa's book or order a dozen cannolis from Kathie just to spite her. Can I spike them?

I love the idea of celebrating with Kathy's cannolis.  Can we still order them? Teresa has always been so fucking jealous of Kathy and her baking abilities, that I am sure she would be pissed as hell to know that folks were cheering on her sentencing with one of her desserts.  I will wash them down with a good bottle of wine. 

• Love 2

I love the idea of celebrating with Kathy's cannolis. Can we still order them? Teresa has always been so fucking jealous of Kathy and her baking abilities, that I am sure she would be pissed as hell to know that folks were cheering on her sentencing with one of her desserts. I will wash them down with a good bottle of wine.

Yes! I'm seriously considering this. If anyone else is, here's the link:

Ok, I can't seem to figure out how to include a link. Sorry! But just go to:

Kathywakiledesserts.com

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 1

Why the fuck is Melissa wearing a beret indoors? I don't understand these Jersey women and their hat obsession.

Amber needs a better acting coach. Her crying was way over the top.

Right on.  These bitches with their uncalled-for over-accessorizing indoors is killin' me.

OK. Dina's daughter in another life died of cancer and is currently Dina's mother. Now we know how it turns out when breast cancer is treated with a vasectomy. Your stuck as a Manzo forever.

Dina... Please stop being so fucking coo-coo... and also SUPER boring.

• Love 2
I had thought they might be going to Atlantic City this episode. They began talking about the Florida trip, which will be a couples trip, but I haven't heard any mention of the AC "girls" trip. I thought usually the girls trip was done before the couples trip, which normally takes place at the end of the season, doesn't it? If all of the drama goes down in Florida that appears is going to, I can't imagine how TPTB will convincingly splice together scenes to make it appear that the cast is civil with each other again. Not to mention it would be an anticlimax. I would think they would want to lead in to the reunion with all of that unresolved drama intact.

From what I read, I don't think AC is ever going to be shown. The Blind Item about the trip alluded to it's all on the cutting room floor because a ho'wife (Amber), revealed she uses certain sex toys (strap on) on her husband (wee Jim). And that the Ho'husband threatened to sue for defamation of character, and that's why there are photos of the trip, but no video. 

By Jim's own tweets, he denies being the husband in question, but did say they scrapped the AC trip "because it was boring."  Sure, ok, Jim. 

Edited by diorella78
  • Love 2

I love the idea of celebrating with Kathy's cannolis.  Can we still order them? Teresa has always been so fucking jealous of Kathy and her baking abilities, that I am sure she would be pissed as hell to know that folks were cheering on her sentencing with one of her desserts.  I will wash them down with a good bottle of wine. 

This. I'm getting the damned Fabellini and the pastries. The money from the wine isn't going into Teresa's pocket- the government is going to get it! So screw you, Teresa!  And of course Kathy's cannolis just to spite Teresa? Well, that's just a bonus.

Excuse me while I go bedazzle my handbasket to hell.  

Dina... Please stop being so fucking coo-coo... and also SUPER boring.

You know, that in and of itself is somewhat of a feat....being "coo-coo for cocoa puffs" insane and yet a complete snoozefest. 

I not putting  money in any housewife's pocket! I'll make my own damn "FRESH" cannoli from scratch and head to Total Wine for the vino.

Quote:

Speaking of Dina's house, WTF is up with all her statues and other stuff of "eastern religions". It looks like a combo Pier One and a flea market.

I feel sorry for whoever has to dust that parade of crap.

Any one up for a new decorating series featuring Dina and Shannon from RHoOC!

..............grinning like and idiot while running away and hiding.

Edited by Giselle
I not putting  money in any housewife's pocket!

I must admit I've purchased and enjoyed several Ho'wife products. I've given Bedroom Kandi as gifts and brought Fabellini to bachelorette parties. I've tried the Ramona pinot, and a few years ago, I regularly drank the various Skinny brand cocktails. The only thing I don't buy is the music. It's all so terrible. I came close to buying 'Money Can't Buy You Class' because that 90s electro-pop vibe would fit in with my treadmill dance mix.

I love the idea of celebrating with Kathy's cannolis.  Can we still order them?

If not, you can always buy Kathy's new cookbook that she was promoting on WWHL. (Funny that the sideline cousins have been guests twice this season, but the supposed "star" of the show hasn't shown up once.)

• Love 2
This. I'm getting the damned Fabellini and the pastries. The money from the wine isn't going into Teresa's pocket- the government is going to get it! So screw you, Teresa!  And of course Kathy's cannolis just to spite Teresa? Well, that's just a bonus.

Prepare for a... unique taste not unlike carbonated children's Robitussin. I can't speak of the cannolis but I assume they taste like any other of the bazillions you can buy in NJ.

• Love 1