Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Hearts are racing after Crystal's medical emergency, but nurse anesthetist Annemarie comes to the rescue. Dorit opens up to Garcelle, allowing the two to finally move forward. Disappointed in her friends, Erika gets tipsy ahead of dinner but wows the group with her erudite observations at the table. While planning her healing ceremony, Sutton is overwhelmed by old emotions, forcing her to find comfort in an unlikely friend.

Airdate: 01/31/2024

Reminder: Real time events that have happened are spoilers until they occur in episode time.  Please continue to discuss those events in the respective housewife's thread or in the media thread.

• Like 1

Welcome back board.

If I remember right, this was a fun episode of the ladies shopping and having a good time in Spain. I know it wasn’t fun for Crystal getting sick. And I thought the dinner with Erika getting shit faced was funny. Merse is in the purse! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
10 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Welcome back board.

If I remember right, this was a fun episode of the ladies shopping and having a good time in Spain. I know it wasn’t fun for Crystal getting sick. And I thought the dinner with Erika getting shit faced was funny. Merse is in the purse! 

I can't believe it's happening, but I'm enjoying Erika a lot again. She was pretty funny in this episode, and it cracked me up that the drunker she is, the smarter you realize she is. WWC guys talked about it too. Erika comes across as very LA, marrying the much older man, putting a lot into her appearance, etc. But she really doesn't fit the dumb blonde stereotype. Unlike some of the others, she doesn't just listen when there's gossip. She's an inquisitive person, and it shows. 

I was suspicious of her not knowing how to bank myself. I don't know that I believe that, but there are people who don't know how to do very basic things just because they haven't had to, but aren't by any means unintelligent.  

I'm glad Crystal is okay. It is annoying Annemarie said that Crystal put down nurses. She never did, just called out Annemarie for saying she's a doctor. I don't know if Annemarie mislead her or Crystal misheard, but either way, nothing against nurses. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I was suspicious of her not knowing how to bank myself. I don't know that I believe that, but there are people who don't know how to do very basic things just because they haven't had to, but aren't by any means unintelligent.  

m

this episode proved to me that the poor little me im just a little ol singer who didnt know nothing about nothing was a load of shit .. we have heard her say she is smart enough to pass the bar herself and she remembers EVERYONES business like Suttons friends etc etc. shes shrewed ... she knows A LOT more then she is trying to let on cause she knows she would be screwed but her drunk this episode lifted that mask even for a sec... my take is SHE is full of shit 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 11
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Is there some reason that the show has been filming only at a hotel some distance from Barcelona and a village created for the 1929 Exposition?  Were they denied filming in the city itself?  It’s quite large and the architecture is amazing.  Annemarie still sucks.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I don't know why they all thought having Merce's ashes in a baggy was odd. It's how they are returned to the family, albeit in a sealed bag. I don't think Sutton had all of his ashes anyway did she? That bag was fairly small. For some reason, I am thinking she only had some.

• Like 12
27 minutes ago, jinjer said:

How refreshing to get through a housewives dinner without any fighting. Loved Sutton this episode! She has an interesting life with real relationships that she is willing to share. Loved her interaction with Trevor. There is genuine love between them. Sutton was so raw and real with her scene with Kyle, reflection on her relationship with her father, her ex, and Merce. The other HWs just don't give what Sutton does wrt their real lives.  Plus she's rich and lives a fab lifestyle.

Because none of the other women have anything interesting going on in their lives to give.. even Garcelle has withheld aspects of her life back after her debut season.

Try Hard Marie has no bedside manner.  Given we were stuck with Teddi for a couple of years...Im bracing myself for her not to be a half season wonder.

Dorit...is the product of a New England upbringing.  I live in Boston now and going to cities outside Boston in Mass and CT resulted in seeing a lot of Dorits (female and male versions)...it was eye opening.

Lastly... Vyle Kyle is a friend to no one except herself.  In fact, I think she secretly doesn't like nor trust women hence why she pits her female friends against one another and always seems to want to bully/backstab her two sisters.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5

Erika was sloppy drunk.  I don’t care if she knew all the right answers or responses to the chit chat going on.  She just has zero appeal for me.  And she keeps dredging up those earrings and how offended she is her friends didn’t congratulate her on the big ‘win’. Are you kidding me?!? The entire viewing audience is offended by Erika’s attitude toward ill-gotten gains used to buy them.  She just doesn’t see (or doesn’t want to see) that side of the argument. 
Glad Crystal is better and aware of her diagnosis.  In addition to medication and vigilance, I recommend she detach from the mean girl members of the cast.  I do not have hypertension, but I do feel my BP arising when Dorit and Erika open their mouths to spew their megalomaniacal nonsense.  It was good she thanked AM for helping get through a scary situation, but AM is not anyone I’d rely on or confide in.

Garcelle is one of my favorite people in the Bravo-verse.  However, the drooling over the chef and his dad was gross.  I hated in on RHONY when Luann, Sonja and Romona would throw themselves at men, regardless where they were. It is not appropriate for men or women to treat people as objects, even more egregious when the men or women you are harassing is only there to do their job. Stop it.  Garcelle wouldn’t appreciate that behavior toward any of her sons.

• Like 15
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 6

Can someone explain to me how the court said that there was no proof that Girardi used client funds to purchase the earrings?  Didn’t Tom client funds for years to pay for their life style?  Where else did he get the money?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Welcome back board.

Drunk Rainman! 🤣

2 hours ago, jinjer said:

How refreshing to get through a housewives dinner without any fighting. Loved Sutton this episode! She has an interesting life with real relationships that she is willing to share. Loved her interaction with Trevor. There is genuine love between them. Sutton was so raw and real with her scene with Kyle, reflection on her relationship with her father, her ex, and Merce. The other HWs just don't give what Sutton does wrt their real lives.  Plus she's rich and lives a fab lifestyle.

That scene pissed me off. Well Kyle in that scene pissed me off. Sutton apologized for being a bad friend (which I wish she'd never  done, if anyone's been a bad friend it's Kyle) and all  Kyle could say was "it's okay" and pat Sutton the knee?

3 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Annemarie didn't come to the rescue. She repeatedly scared Crystal by suggesting she was going to have a stroke.  I couldn't believe Crystal hugged her afterwards, and everyone praised her actions. 

(Glad the board is back!)

Exactly!

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
(edited)

Thank goodness Nurse Doctor Saint 8.5 was there, otherwise nobody would have known that Crystal could stroke out at any moment. That should raise her to at least an 8.7 in my estimation.

I'm not here for the Erika Redemption Tour (please watch our spinoff special!) She hasn't changed at all based on her irritation at the others' not falling for her "everything has now been resolved in the courts" fib and begging her for forgiveness.

Did idiot drunken savant Erika keep saying "Eriudite?" I'm fairly certain she added an extra syllable there.

Edited by dmeets
  • Like 9
  • Wink 1
2 hours ago, pvandal said:

That bag was fairly small. For some reason, I am thinking she only had some.

That was just a handful.  A normal-sized man's ashes fill up a big urn.  The family probably gave close friends & family a handful so that they could honor him in their own way. 

Maybe Ziploc needs a new ad campaign:  "Ziploc baggies: Whether it be human remains or perishables, we've got you covered!  

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
(edited)
8 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Annemarie didn't come to the rescue. She repeatedly scared Crystal by suggesting she was going to have a stroke.  I couldn't believe Crystal hugged her afterwards, and everyone praised her actions. 

(Glad the board is back!)

I didn’t see 8.5 do anything that required a nurse’s training. She exclaimed about Crystal’s huge veins, told her that she should “lay” down, talked to her in a soothing voice while perhaps patting her arm. All things Dorit’s daughter would have done. But then she also loudly listed the worst-case scenarios to Kyle, while Crystal lay there, eight inches away. 

rewatching:

8.5 did tell Crystal to squeeze her fingers.

But she still had her hand on Crystal when she told Kyle that she didn’t want Crystal to stroke out.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 5
  • Applause 6
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I can't believe it's happening, but I'm enjoying Erika a lot again. She was pretty funny in this episode, and it cracked me up that the drunker she is, the smarter you realize she is. WWC guys talked about it too. Erika comes across as very LA, marrying the much older man, putting a lot into her appearance, etc. But she really doesn't fit the dumb blonde stereotype. Unlike some of the others, she doesn't just listen when there's gossip. She's an inquisitive person, and it shows. 

I'm glad Crystal is okay. It is annoying Annemarie said that Crystal put down nurses. She never did, just called out Annemarie for saying she's a doctor. I don't know if Annemarie mislead her or Crystal misheard, but either way, nothing against nurses. 

Erika has a good memory. I still don’t think she’s smart. If she were smart, she wouldn’t have returned to the RHoBH to discuss Tom.

3 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

Can someone explain to me how the court said that there was no proof that Girardi used client funds to purchase the earrings?  Didn’t Tom client funds for years to pay for their life style?  Where else did he get the money?

This is what I found. Most people respect this podcast.

IMG_5950.thumb.png.3962218384e49909e1fc843720196bb6.png

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
41 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Erika has a good memory. I still don’t think she’s smart. If she were smart, she wouldn’t have returned to the RHoBH to discuss Tom.

Don't get me wrong. Erika makes a lot of dumb moves. She was horrible with how she handled the scandal, but I think she's much more intellectual than people expect her to be. Smart people are still capable of stupid things. People who aren't the brightest can have more common sense. I think Erika would kill Kyle in an IQ test, but Kyle would be better with PR. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I would not be thanking Annemarie profusely for what she did for Crystal (unless there is more to it that we didn't see).  She was probably largely responsible for the increase in blood pressure in the first place, after bringing up things Crystal supposedly said to the ladies.  Crystal was probably stressed from that dinner conversation and then was feeling carsick, which adds a lot of stress when you are stuck in a vehicle.  All that stress and her predisposition for high blood pressure was probably too much for her.  I'm glad Annemarie attempted to help, but she didn't actually do that much for all the ladies to be fawning over her.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I would not be thanking Annemarie profusely for what she did for Crystal (unless there is more to it that we didn't see).

This is what I was thinking, that there had to be more to it that we didn't see because, yeah, what we saw wasn't much.

Honestly I was kind of shocked that none of the women went with Crystal to a hospital in a foreign country!  Shows they aren't really friends.  I don't think I would go out to lunch after one of my "friends" was just hauled away in an ambulance.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

I loved the umbrellas.

I did as well, they looked  so beautiful , against  the blue sky. Erica is definitely  more tolerable  this season,  maybe because  Rinna isn't  around. Now and then her mask slips, and I see last season's  EJ. I know the women  were lusting after the chef and his son, but it was all good fun. I really liked this episode, and it's  been  awhile  since I've enjoyed RHOBH.

I missed this board! 

• Like 6
(edited)

During the “erudite” monologue, was Erika implying that Crystal’s medical scare was payback for judging Erika’s attitude about the earrings? “Reversal of Fortune.”

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Welcome back board.

I agree! This is the sort of thing I love watching on this show (except for Crystal getting sick!).

I was tired of the meanspirited manufactured fighting. I wish they would stay away from that formula.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Honestly I was kind of shocked that none of the women went with Crystal to a hospital in a foreign country! 

IIRC, one of them was going to go, but someone in the background spoke up and said that someone on the production side was going with her.  

• Like 8

8.5 said that she wanted to go to the hospital with Crystal. But they told them that one of the producers would go with Crystal. I think that they are always trying to film as much cattiness and conflict as possible.

• Like 5
16 hours ago, jinjer said:

Yeah well the more we learn about Sutton and the more Sutton gets to showcase this side of her that is waaaaayyyy more interesting than just the  mean girls scapegoat the more I worry that the target on her back will get bigger. Don't get me wrong, I love Sutton so I would love to see more of her being in her element I'm just cringing with anticipation that some of the others especially Kyle will try their best to still turn her fabulous existence into a punchline. They already tried this episode. Kyle with her making light of Suttons connections and pretty impressive socialite living by focusing on the ashes.

Now that Sutton is starting to pull a little bit away from the awkward label and filling out what we know of her with some rather bomb ass truths about her life so that she's more rounded out I fear that the next gripe will be about pretentiousness. I mean they've already thrown it out there already but now that the awkward angle has continuously fallen flat since Suttons been more unapologetic in those instances therefore rendering the others powerless I wonder if the next attack will focus solely on Suttons "misplaced" sense of superiority. UUggghhh. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, dmeets said:

She hasn't changed at all based on her irritation at the others' not falling for her "everything has now been resolved in the courts" fib and begging her for forgiveness.

And the victims still suffer, terribly, without funds to ease that suffering.

Erika is crafty and canny. All the best grifters are. As this season demonstrates, she's learned how to put on her fun-time gal persona for the cameras.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

You guys have to listen to Ronnie imitating Sutton: “. . . just this alimony-collectin’, gala-goin’, vodka-drinkin’, esophagus-closin’, . . .”

I love when they say motherf****r in Sutton's accent. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
15 hours ago, dmeets said:

Did idiot drunken savant Erika keep saying "Eriudite?" I'm fairly certain she added an extra syllable there.

In her defense, she pronounced it correctly. The rest of her behavior is not as defensible.

/ˈer(y)əˌdīt/

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, pvandal said:

I don't know why they all thought having Merce's ashes in a baggy was odd. It's how they are returned to the family, albeit in a sealed bag. I don't think Sutton had all of his ashes anyway did she? That bag was fairly small. For some reason, I am thinking she only had some.

It has to be only some of him.  My 60 lb dogs were way more then that

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Don't get me wrong. Erika makes a lot of dumb moves. She was horrible with how she handled the scandal, but I think she's much more intellectual than people expect her to be. Smart people are still capable of stupid things. People who aren't the brightest can have more common sense. I think Erika would kill Kyle in an IQ test, but Kyle would be better with PR. 

Erika may have some level of intelligence, but she is by no means an intellectual!

• Like 10
3 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

And the victims still suffer, terribly, without funds to ease that suffering.

Erika is crafty and canny. All the best grifters are. As this season demonstrates, she's learned how to put on her fun-time gal persona for the cameras.

I am wondering if the cast knew ahead of time who was coming to that dinner.  Erika could have done her research on the people attending for a couple of reasons.  To not look dumb and to see if they were worth her time getting to know.  Her recitation of the facts was a little too wikipedia.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Lastly... Vyle Kyle is a friend to no one except herself.  In fact, I think she secretly doesn't like nor trust women hence why she pits her female friends against one another and always seems to want to bully/backstab her two sisters.

Bully and backstab is the perfect way to describe the way Kyle treats her sisters. 

It's one thing to have a toxic cycle which they seem to have with each other I will always maintain that Kyles approach and management of that sad routine is so much more malicious, cruel and nasty.

Actually I'm not that broken up about the imperfections in their sister relationship and to be honest I'm pretty over all the "suffering". I don't get this narrative that this sort of thing HAS TO BE  a never ending punishment. I don't understand people who NEED to be affected by EVERYTHING. The amount of stuff that I let roll off my back once I hit the age of 40 is kinda incredible. Not that I've grown just that a switch literally flipped where that whole "life's too short" mantra really and truly feels real. 

Yeah, that simple. And this is coming from a woman who has a crackhead, heroine addict, alcoholic, sister and a mom who had a gambling addiction, alcohol addiction and heroine addiction (herione addiction was finally kicked for good when she got with my father). Lifes too short to play victim, to hold on to things that only make you feel bad and to things you CAN'T control. 

The biggest problem in that sister dynamic is the amount of control they each want to have over each other and to be honest as Kathy and Kim age I think they are less and less concerned over dictating the others actions while Kyle still wants to highlight her sisters shortcomings all the live long day. 

I know Kathy is probably controlling but at the same time I think the issues truly arise when Kyle decides to overstep boundaries that Kathy has implemented. People can have their boundaries without being labelled controlling. Kyle wants to act with no repercussions and this leads to her narrative that she gets mistreated when in reality the harsh treatment she gets is earned recourse. 

At the end of the day I am so tired of their dynamic being presented as something so outrageously unique that Kyle is such a victim. It's called life. Get on with it already. 

I come to these narratives about Kyle because of the way she continuously like to be meanspirited toward her friends and then gaslight any and all situations to read as them being in the wrong. 

She did it to LVP, Sutton, even Camille. I know I'm in the minority but I was on Camille's side season one. 

The way Kyle speaks too and about the "friends" in her life is just such an unpleasant thing to watch. This episode was no different. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, pvandal said:

Sutton definitely only had some.

I think it was odd that Kyle would have her mother's ashes loose in the urn. And for the exact reason she claimed her mother's ashes were under the sink in a bathroom - in case the lid came off and they spilled.

We have partial ashes of both my parents, my step son, my husband's best friend, and full ashes of two of our kitties. ALL ashes are in plastic bags, and then contained in their respective urns/containers.   Kyle would be horrified to know that the partial ashes of my parents (other parts are with my siblings, and spread in places that meant the most to them) for several years lived in a large Friskies cat treat tin. (Though they weren't under a sink, so there is that). When my step son died, we did not like the urns sold at the funeral home so I found a beautiful one online with three wolves howling at the moon. It then occurred to me once I found that you could get gorgeous urns online, to order one for my parents. So they are now resting together in a beautiful gold urn with mother-of-pearl inlay. But honestly, they would have liked the Friskies tin too as they were both big animal lovers. 

This is a long winded way of saying STFU to those cast members giving Sutton a hard time. How one cherishes and deals with the remains of their loved ones is no one else's business. 

• Like 7
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

8.5 said that she wanted to go to the hospital with Crystal. But they told them that one of the producers would go with Crystal. I think that they are always trying to film as much cattiness and conflict as possible.

Maybe production was trying to spare the local E.R. the drama that would've come with the other HWs!  

• Like 3
  • Wink 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Annemarie has no thread, so I'll put this here.
https://www.mdedge.com/internalmedicine/article/267692/business-medicine/physician-fined-25k-over-supervision-dnp-who?ecd=WNL_EVE_240206_mdedge

California, district attorney found she had committed false advertising and fraud by regularly calling herself “Doctor” on social media and with patients.

A group of California DNPs, including Ms. Erny, pushed back against those regulations last year by suing the state, alleging a law restricting the use of the honorific title violates their right to free speech.

For collaborative agreements, California law requires physicians and the NPs they supervise to adhere to specific roles and prescribing privileges as outlined in the written document. Supervising physicians must routinely review the terms of the agreement and the nurse’s performance and skills.

I don't know if Annemarie is directly supervised or not, but calling herself doctor is not free speech IMHO.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
On 2/5/2024 at 5:07 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Dorit...is the product of a New England upbringing.  I live in Boston now and going to cities outside Boston in Mass and CT resulted in seeing a lot of Dorits (female and male versions)...it was eye opening.

I grew up within 10 miles of where Doris is from in Connecticut. She is not typical of the area.

• Like 4
48 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I grew up within 10 miles of where Doris is from in Connecticut. She is not typical of the area.

Howdy neighbor! 🤠 And no… she is not typical of this area.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Yours Truly said:
13 hours ago, politichick said:

Erika may have some level of intelligence, but she is by no means an intellectual!

To be fair, I've never considered Erika an average thinker. She's always shown a deeper understanding of topics, especially that interest her, such as religion. And she's seldom at a loss for words when conversing, no doubt from her early marital days hosting dinners, etc. I've always believed she and Garcelle are probably the brightest in the group.

13 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

10 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

16 hours ago, Schnickelfritz said:

16 hours ago, Schnickelfritz said:
On 2/5/2024 at 8:25 PM, RealHousewife said:

I agree that Erika had a rough season last year, and she seems a lot more relaxed this year. But I still cannot get over the online hate towards her because of something her husband did to clients via his firm, and he scammed them as well.

I'd be feeling very frustrated if I was attacked by strangers who were demanding I hand over a past gift to pay off hubby's debts. I understand that Tom's criminal mess becomes hers because they're married, but I get so angry with people implying she was in on it. Or she needs to apologize on behalf of, or atone for, her husband. Erika didn't commit any crime. And anyone who has watched her and Tom's communication would recognize she was probably in the dark re: anything he was doing financially as he treated her like a child. Seen but not heard.

(And let's not pretend that any money recouped from selling Erika's items are NOT going to any of those victims, but rather to his firm, more lawyers, and the govt.)

• Like 1
On 2/5/2024 at 3:10 PM, RealHousewife said:

THIS. Annemarie kept saying that Crystal was maligning her profession, when she did nothing of the sort, at least not on the show. Crystal SAID that the first time she met Annemarie, Annemarie said she was a doctor. Crystal said absolutely nothing about nurses being less than, or even that Annemarie was less than because she was "just a nurse". Aargh! It was driving me crazy!

Erica was cracking me up at that dinner. She was especially cracking me up when she was walking back to her room after the dinner. She was totally doing the extra careful drunk walk of placing one. foot. in. front. of. the. other. 😂

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

People are angry that Erika declared that she doesn’t give a f- - - about anybody else but herself. 

People are angry that she would rather keep diamond earrings than hand them over so that their cash value could benefit people that Tom Girardi and his law firm defrauded. 

People are angry that she insists that there is no proof that victims did not receive money that they hired TG to litigate for. 

Not everyone believes that she was in on it. But her reaction to learning about it is shocking. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2