Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: A Celebration of Life

• Start Topic

Was Dorit trying to say that because of the PTSD from the “robbery,” even a surprise that PK planned with love and good intentions is triggering for her? I could understand her initially panicking and wondering who would look after the children, but she wants us to believe that surprising her caught her off guard, and it was triggering to not have access to her favorite Beverly Beach bronzer? Did that make her feel powerless? And the surprise set her off, but the fact that he didn’t spring for the Presidential Suite exacerbated the anxiety?

• Applause 8
  • LOL 16
(edited)

“One of the things that I fell in love with with PK is I could annoy him as much as I annoy everybody else, but he wouldn’t then avoid me for as long as everybody else did.”

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 18
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Sutton’s mother was a therapist, but didn’t want to discuss with Sutton her father’s suicide?

My husband's father was a psychiatrist, script writing, Freudian or Jungian not sure but he did a number on his kids so I believe Sutton's mother couldn't deal with something so close to home and handled it in the worst way ever...you know, the shoemakers kid sort of thing.

• Like 12
  • Sad 10
  • Useful 3

If anyone watches the after show, Anne Marie said that Kyle had told her Sutton had an eating disorder and that is why she was questioning her. So AM is burning Kyle for this; she won’t be around for long.

I think this event was a NAMI fundraiser that Kyle hijacked and turned into a Celebration of Life for the show. That is the only reason I can think of why a respected charity would have a step and repeat - because it was actually a fundraiser. Also, Kyle what you had on was totally inappropriate for anything except going out to a club. You are in your fifties; you don’t have to look old but you ain’t young.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
33 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I have never heard of a celebration of life more than a year after the person died but that doesn't make it strange. What made it strange to me was that It looked like a fancy cocktail party with a little known country singer mumbling and moaning a very inappropriate song like she had rocks in her mouth.  It looked like Kyle did this to give her girlfriend national TV exposure. Kyle and some of the women were dressed like they were headed back to the Magic Mike show. 

Annemarie is Kyle's new attack dog.  Kyle wants Sutton gone and it is clear to me that she has schooled Annemarie how to pick at Sutton. Kyle wants the gnat back on the show. 

I’ve seen brief obits where a person has died months prior and a gathering is later planned, usually at a venue that’s not somber. Not impressed with Wade at all, an emo country-western singer. If you’ve ever watched Parks & Rec, she’s doing a very bad April Ludgate impression — I can’t stand people who act too cool for school all the time. That’s why Kyle looks so damn stupid chasing her.

28 minutes ago, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

If anyone watches the after show, Anne Marie said that Kyle had told her Sutton had an eating disorder and that is why she was questioning her. So AM is burning Kyle for this; she won’t be around for long.

I think this event was a NAMI fundraiser that Kyle hijacked and turned into a Celebration of Life for the show. That is the only reason I can think of why a respected charity would have a step and repeat - because it was actually a fundraiser. Also, Kyle what you had on was totally inappropriate for anything except going out to a club. You are in your fifties; you don’t have to look old but you ain’t young.

Fuck. Kyle. Crystal now has every right to just up and walk away from this, as does Sutton. Using ED as a weapon? Fuck that.

Just one more Bravo show that needs housecleaning. It wasn’t enough to stop at Rinna.

5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Sutton’s mother was a therapist, but didn’t want to discuss with Sutton her father’s suicide?

It’s not recommended practice for therapists to counsel relatives, plus Sutton and her mom were processing the same tragedy…not much help in that for anybody.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 9
  • Applause 3

Getting back to Dorit…has any progress been made on the robbery? I couldn’t help but think that maybe the reason why PK was being so dickish is because he doesn’t want his wife to keep bringing it up. Move on, nothing to see here, get over it.

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

That scissor kick demo was cringey.  

Apparently, Morgan what's-her-name's song was about sex on the floor, which I only gathered from reading these posts, as I couldn't understand a word she sang.  I have perfect hearing (recently audiologist checked), yet she mumbles her words and sings like Marlon Brando in The Godfather.

How many therapists do house calls?  Such an obvious setup. 

If I hear "bubba" one more time, I'll hurl.

That is all!

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
22 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

A lot of men love a "bubbly" woman. I don't expect Dorit to be as bubbly as she once was after dealing with trauma, having kids, and maybe having more responsibilities than she when she first met PK. She does sound like she's high maintenance though. 

I imagine Dorit was very bubbly when she met PK, when he had millions in the bank.  Once that was lost or gambled away… less bubbles.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Annemarie is Kyle's new attack dog.  Kyle wants Sutton gone and it is clear to me that she has schooled Annemarie how to pick at Sutton. Kyle wants the gnat back on the show.

This! I think Kyle knows this show is circling the drain and needs a reboot. So she’s trying to control the narrative. Gotta Scandoval it up somehow (because for some reason all reality tv producers think that kind of a story line is fascinating).

Problem is Annemarie sucks. And Teddi will just be the nail in the coffin for this show for sure. And Kyle worries the 3 fan faves (Sutton and gang) might take over like the gals on OC. Give it up Kyle. 

Edited by hottesthw
  • Like 12
14 hours ago, ww92 said:

The Kyle/Mo thing is suddenly making way more sense to me. Kyle spent her whole life adapting herself to what he wanted, raising  kids, working to further his career. He got his start in real estate thanks to her and her Hilton & Hyland connection,  he was able  to start The Agency thanks to her fame on RHOBH and her social connections. The "tell" was when she said in her TH  that  she wants to be with  someone who appreciates her. I do think  that Lorene's suicide was a massive wake up call for Kyle and really made her reevaluate her entire life and Kyle is PISSED. She's taking that anger out on anyone and everyone. I do feel for her, it's clear that Lorene's death hit her hard, she's struggling in her marriage, Mo doesn't seem to care much about putting in any effort to save it,  which pisses Kyle off even more. But, none of that seems to have made Kyle introspective and reevaluate how she treats others or how she got to be the way she is. So she remains a mean girl at heart.

I don't know if it's romantic but Kyle is infatuated with  Morgan. Did Morgan have it in her contract that she'd only sing her own songs? About doing someone on the  kitchen  floor? At a Celebration of Life? Why is Kyle so hell bent on making Morgan happen? More  importantly,  what  is Morgan getting from this relationship?

I wonder if Annemarie got her CRNA so she wouldn't have to deal with patients who are awake? I'm sure she did regular nursing first. Can you imagine her as your bedside  nurse, telling you that whatever you're in the hospital for isn't real or some crap? As a nurse Annemarie is not licensed to diagnose anyone. But not only does she continually try to do that to Sutton but now she's saying she's surveyed doctors, other nurses, etc. and they've all  concluded that a "small esophagus" doesn't exist? And even if Sutton was totally making that  up and had some kind of eating or mental disorder, wouldn't a health care professional try and talk to her in private to encourage her to get professional help? How does it  help a person for a healthcare professional to make fun of them publicly about whatever they have going on? And she's doing it at a memorial service for someone who committed  suicide?? I cannot stand her. Literally.

The 1st line had me howling!  Isn't there some sort of code about not haranguing someone about their medical issues if 1) they aren't your patient and 2) you aren't a Dr and 3) the person has indicated they don't want your opinion?  If I were her supervisor I would have some words with her.  

I think universal hatred of Annmarie could bring world peace.  JOKE!

• Like 5
  • LOL 11
12 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I didn’t realize that Kyle is 55. She better hurry up and have all the floor sex she wants while she can still get up off the floor. Not to mention scissoring. Good knees don’t last forever.

So can we connect Kyle's recent love of cowboy hats/boots/Kemo Sabe to Morgan?  Man, she is like my friend who when she dated a Grateful Dead fan, she was a Deadhead.  When she dated a hard rocker, she was a metal chick.  

6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Should we try to analyze “Always appreciate your husband”?

Do you have any theories?  Enquiring minds and all that!

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I have never heard of a celebration of life more than a year after the person died but that doesn't make it strange. What made it strange to me was that It looked like a fancy cocktail party with a little known country singer mumbling and moaning a very inappropriate song like she had rocks in her mouth.  It looked like Kyle did this to give her girlfriend national TV exposure. Kyle and some of the women were dressed like they were headed back to the Magic Mike show. 

When I watched the aftershow, Annemarie said she mentioned the Sutton eating disorder thing because Kyle had talked about it.  She totes threw Kyle under the bus.

2 hours ago, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

Just posted this!  Should have read further!

2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I’ve seen brief obits where a person has died months prior and a gathering is later planned, usually at a venue that’s not somber. Not impressed with Wade at all, an emo country-western singer. If you’ve ever watched Parks & Rec, she’s doing a very bad April Ludgate impression — I can’t stand people who act too cool for school all the time. That’s why Kyle looks so damn stupid chasing her.

Fuck. Kyle. Crystal now has every right to just up and walk away from this, as does Sutton. Using ED as a weapon? Fuck that.

Just one more Bravo show that needs housecleaning. It wasn’t enough to stop at Rinna.

It’s not recommended practice for therapists to counsel relatives, plus Sutton and her mom were processing the same tragedy…not much help in that for anybody.

And didn't Kyle try to tell us when they were in France that she had an eating disorder?  Huh.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

When I watched the aftershow, Annemarie said she mentioned the Sutton eating disorder thing because Kyle had talked about it.  She totes threw Kyle under the bus.

Maybe Kyle was the other "nurse" that Annemarie consulted

article-2547747-1B0A784400000578-209_634

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 18
10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

What’s going on with the veins in Kyle’s forehead, when she’s lying on her couch before Crystal arrives?

Those Botox-suppressed frown lines gotta go somewhere!  😀

My WTF??? moment in this episode came when Kyle merrily confessed that she buys something every day.  I mean, so do I, but my purchases are generally things like a pack of gum, a dozen eggs, a quart of milk, a few gallons of gas.  Nothing you'd need a 2,000 square-foot closet for.

I see nothing but calculation in Morgan Wade's eyes when she looks at Kyle.  Like, How far can this beayatch take me on the Road to Fame?  And I don't like her voice at all!  Very nasal & I don't hear any evidence of range.

I have been warming up to PK a bit recently.  True, he's kind of boorish, but his "high maintenance" takedown of Dorit was right on target. What does he do on all those London trips anyway?

• Like 18
  • Applause 5
8 minutes ago, Maximona said:

I have been warming up to PK a bit recently.  True, he's kind of boorish, but his "high maintenance" takedown of Dorit was right on target. What does he do on all those London trips anyway?

In the PK talking heads where he has noticeably lost weight I can finally see, other than his wallet, how Dorit could have been attracted to him. He’s not bad looking with the weight off. 

The New York Times article linked here several pages ago goes into detail about how stressed out and triggered Morgan Wade was by being in the spotlight thanks to her association with Kyle. Kyle has referenced it in other articles also. Yet, Morgan still associates with Kyle. This leads me to believe there IS some kind of true relationship there; whether platonic or romantic. She/ her singing career is getting a TON of notice she would not have ever gotten on her own though, so…. she may have deemed all that was worth the anxiety of being around Kyle. 
Two way street - Kyle is also getting a TON more press and notice than she would normally get. 

• Like 9
19 minutes ago, Maximona said:

The same thing Harry Hamlin does in Canada:  Get away from his all-suffering wife.

Harry Hamlin puts an entire country in between himself and god-awful Rinna; PK puts an ocean.  PK for the win.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 22
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

What the hell is this? Her five minutes of being an extra on ER?

32 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

The same thing Harry Hamlin does in Canada:  Get away from his all-suffering wife.

Harry Hamlin puts an entire country in between himself and god-awful Rinna; PK puts an ocean.  PK for the win.

But Harry also stays in a pup tent. No way would Rinna tolerate that.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • LOL 7

I agree with all the comments made on Annemarie. To quote Garcelle: "why do you care?" Kyle has made a few comments about Sutton not eating so I'm not shocked that Kyle said to AM that Sutton has an ED and that's where she got it from. 

Loved Garcelle batting away an invisible gnat in response to Teddy. Loved that Teddy got 5 seconds of screen-time. 

The Ojai trip looked fun.

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
(edited)
On 1/10/2024 at 8:21 PM, JenE4 said:

So many heavy handed comments about Kyle and Morgan, topped with Kyle beaming at her and recording her singing the song she obviously wrote for her…which was kind of an odd choice to honor your dead, platonic friend. Morgan really had no other options in her repertoire than the lesbian May-December anthem?

And Kyle was feeding her!

PK may actually care less about this marriage than I do.

It pains me to say this, but I was actually leaning towards PK's side in the scene with the therapist. It isn't all about Dorit's PTSD. She does talk a lot and can be irritating. I think PK is traveling all the time to be away from her. The clock is ticking on this marriage. 

Mauricio seems to be obsessed with opening more offices all over the world. 

More opportunities to meet his next sidepiece. 

Garcelle was reading my mind when she asked Annemarie why she cares about Sutton's esophagus

Ditto. Please tell me Annemarie is one and done. She's as obnoxious as she is clueless. Have no interest in watching her. 

I didn't miss Erika at all this episode. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

So weird, then, that she never ever said anything at all about eating disorders on the show at all. Like she never gave a hint of a suggestion that Sutton had an eating disorder that she was figuring out based on the way she talked about her esophogus! 

• Like 4
On 1/11/2024 at 7:18 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

My number one irritant on this and other HW's shows is they HW complain their husband is always off working, well how else are you able to live that life of luxury if he is sitting around the house? You want a mansion, nannies, designer duds and vacations someone is going to have to work hard for all that.

I want to know how PK keeps Dorit in the lifestyle she has become accustomed to, there is no way he is earning the amount of money to keep that machine going on his agent fee from Boy George.  

Yep! Kyle even admitted she buys something every day, and I'm sure whatever it is, it's not cheap. 

No way is PK making big bucks just representing Boy George. Something doesn't smell right. 

On 1/11/2024 at 7:14 AM, RoseAllDay said:

I don’t know how long her and Mo’s problems have been brewing, but she is in a full-on, potentially destructive midlife crisis made worse by the suicide.

All she needs is a sports car and 25 year-old. Oh wait... 

On 1/11/2024 at 8:12 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I looked at the event as Lorene's family had a celebration of life without (or with) Kyle in real life with no cameras, Kyle wanted to do something on camera since she had talked about her friend so much, the step and repeat struck me odd too and the fact that there was no talk of raising money for who ever sponsored the step and repeat.

Obviously Kyle did not go over plans or ask her friend's mother about the event, this was all about Kyle and getting camera time for herself and Morgan, I think Lorene's mom knows what Kyle is all about but was a good sport about it.

I thought it was in poor taste. Kyle seemed to be making it all about herself, which is nothing new. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

And Kyle was feeding her!

It pains me to say this, but I was actually leaning towards PK's side in the scene with the therapist. It isn't all about Dorit's PTSD. She does talk a lot and can be irritating. I think PK is traveling all the time to be away from her. The clock is ticking on this marriage. 

More opportunities to meet his next sidepiece. 

Ditto. Please tell me Annemarie is one and done. She's as obnoxious and she is clueless. Have no interest in watching her. 

I didn't miss Erika at all this episode. 

Or given all the side-eye this robbery caused, could it be her constantly talking about it is making him wish she wouldn’t? (I posted something similar earlier but may not have been clear as to what I was driving at.)

But yeah, constantly self-absorbed people who have to be the center of attention get to be too much after awhile, especially if they get nervous seeing their place on the show possibly at risk due to her bestie queen bee palling around with someone else.

How Dorit could not have gotten the message that PK couldn’t care less shows how clueless she is. Did he recoil when she climbed on top of him? Couldn’t see, because her Gucci’d ass was in the way.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
13 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Dorit can bore people in several languages.

Wasn't Crystal the one who snarked that Dorit was speaking in her language and will probably talk for seven hours? Or was that Sutton?

11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

This is what trips me up too.

10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

This made me wonder if Lorene was having marriage trouble.

Not that this caused her suicide, but was part of why she was depressed.

I thought it was interesting that Lorene said that to Kyle when she was alive.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

Wow. I wasn't expecting her to say this, and it makes the whole situation look much worse.

• Like 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

What made it strange to me was that It looked like a fancy cocktail party with a little known country singer mumbling and moaning a very inappropriate song like she had rocks in her mouth.  It looked like Kyle did this to give her girlfriend national TV exposure. Kyle and some of the women were dressed like they were headed back to the Magic Mike show. 

Thank you for saying what I was thinking as I watched this scene. If Morgan was on The Voice, they'd probably tell her she needs to work on her enunciation. It's the trend now with many female singers--garble your words and sound breathy and sexy. It irritates me. 

5 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

couldn't understand a word she sang.  I have perfect hearing (recently audiologist checked), yet she mumbles her words and sings like Marlon Brando in The Godfather.

Yes! I looked her up on YouTube. She sounds like this in other songs too. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

But how can AM have brought up an eating disorder because Kyle had mentioned it first, when AM said she never even said the words eating disorder?

14 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Dorit can bore people in several languages.

She’s a melatonin pill of the world. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

Wasn't Crystal the one who snarked that Dorit was speaking in her language and will probably talk for seven hours? Or was that Sutton?

This is what trips me up too.

This made me wonder if Lorene was having marriage trouble.

Not that this caused her suicide, but was part of why she was depressed.

I thought it was interesting that Lorene said that to Kyle when she was alive.

Or it could be that Kyle is exaggerating this to make it all about Kyle. I thought that sounded funny, too, that those would be the last words Kyle would remember.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I still can’t help looking at this pic. The kid, 🤣. At first I thought it was a young Portia.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
3 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

I still can’t help looking at this pic. The kid, 🤣. At first I thought it was a young Portia.

I thought it was Portia too and wondered what the heck was going on. Lol

• Like 1
6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I imagine Dorit was very bubbly when she met PK, when he had millions in the bank.  Once that was lost or gambled away… less bubbles.

And more lemons....as in, three - squeezed, carcasses removed.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 9
4 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

What the hell is this? Her five minutes of being an extra on ER?

Shows how well she is aging:  Kyle had a recurring role for several seasons on ER as Nurse Dori 25 years ago!

12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I thought it was “Always appreciate your marriage” which is kind of the same thing but also more.

• Like 7
17 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

The scissoring was totally  unnecessary,  was Kyle showing  off ? Whatever, she's obviously  morphing  into Morgan Wade, and doing all the things a man does when he's with a younger woman. 

I also thought Sutton was horrified by publicly simulating sex acts? She was laughing it up. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

I just watched and, wow, AM is awful.  Not only blaming Kyle, but acting like she's there to educate the other woman about how Sutton must be lying because she, as a "medical professional," has declared there is no such condition of which Sutton speaks of.  And then not really taking ownership--which she claims she always does--of a. saying Sutton has an ED (she put that on Crystal) and b. bringing it up at an memorial/fundraiser for suicide prevention (blamed Garcelle for telling Sutton she was running her mouth).  

Can she leave now?  

• Like 9
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I also thought Sutton was horrified by publicly simulating sex acts? She was laughing it up. 

Actually,  she said, no I don't  like that. Her and I had the same thought, not necessary. 

• Like 6
20 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I'm sorry for your loss, GG. ♥️♥️♥️

Thank you for sharing your story of profound grief. I've never dealt with suicide in my own family, but I can't imagine how much the "What ifs?" weigh on the survivors. Sutton addressed that issue on the show. She's the person Kyle should talk to about how to work through the grief (outside of therapy). Garcelle holding Sutton's hand made me get emotional.

Hopefully this is a place where you are able to have a laugh or two.

I laugh out loud whenever I read these posts.

I'd like to know the same. We know they went back to film additional scenes, but there are moments where the ones shown seem out of order.

I do too Surrealist!!  One thing I do EVERY SINGLE DAY is to find something to get a big old bellylaugh out of.  This forum always delivers!

• Like 4
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Please tell me Annemarie is one and done. She's as obnoxious and she is clueless.

Note to Annemarie:  It's not called a "small" esophagus.  One can develop a stricture/narrowing of the esophagus.  It's pretty common.  It's not necessarily from an eating disorder either. 

Maybe she doesn't see this in her part of the medical profession, but I seriously doubt that she couldn't Google an intelligent answer on esophageal issues, or meet up with a gastroenterologist, he/she would be happy to explain it.  

• Like 6
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Maybe it's just Erika and her porn by the elderly audition at the Vegas show.  But it was nice to see all the women looking relaxed and enjoying the day, especially Sutton who is all too frequently a target.  

• Like 6
  • Love 4

A lot of memorial services got postponed due to Covid and were held a year later, so that didn't seem too off-base to me.

A close friend of mine has esophagus issues where she has to go once or twice a year to have hers dilated. It's not a pleasant procedure and the patient has to have a twilight anesthetic. But, a few days later, my friend feels fine. Annemarie doesn't know what she's talking about and BTW, get a life and MYOFB!  To me, it seems like Mrs. 8.5 is trying to make her mark in the group as a medical authority and assert some sort of superiority. It's weird. She's not Dr. Nicole or Dr. Tiffany Moon. 

MW is so not into Kyle. 

PK FTW with the therapy session.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1