Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Bermuda Birthday Blues

• Start Topic

Not buying Monica's story and overacted dramatics. Why dont we see the supposed text message? She gave it away with the foreshadowing at breakfast. 

I wish someone would ask who's watching her kids. #grifters

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, snarts said:

Not buying Monica's story and overacted dramatics. Why dont we see the supposed text message? She gave it away with the foreshadowing at breakfast. 

She was also supposed to see the family before  jet-skiing. She specifically told them to hang out in the beach this morning because she was seeing her family, and later they would go jet-skiing. Unless they already pushed it off and then outright canceled? They also haven’t seen her in 30 years, so does she really know them? I would assume it’s a scam. Long-lost relative showing up with a camera crew?! Slam the door on them.

• Like 16
  • Applause 2

Monica does not know for sure Mommy Dearest was behind the cancellation of her family visit. She said it ‘sounded like something she would do.’

And no Monica, it’s not cool or sex shaming by asking a mother (Heather) about her daughters sex life. I’m glad Heather took her head off.  

• Like 18
  • Applause 5
26 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

She was also supposed to see the family before  jet-skiing. She specifically told them to hang out in the beach this morning because she was seeing her family, and later they would go jet-skiing. Unless they already pushed it off and then outright canceled? They also haven’t seen her in 30 years, so does she really know them? I would assume it’s a scam. Long-lost relative showing up with a camera crew?! Slam the door on them.

I also wonder why she didn't see her family in 30 years 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, ZettaK said:

And yes, for those who wondered: gigantic shield sunglasses are a trend. By Tom Ford, Versace, etc.

Angie's had Gucci symbols in the glass - I googled while watching, and while most Gucci sunglasses are in the $250-$400 range, those were @$700.  And the ugliest!

1 hour ago, snarts said:

Yeah I smelled a rat there too.

1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

And no Monica, it’s not cool or sex shaming by asking a mother (Heather) about her daughters sex life. I’m glad Heather took her head off.  

Maybe she thought it was okay because Heather told her daughter, on camera, to get drunk and have sex at college!

50 minutes ago, Steph J said:

Is there a more dangerous combination of words than "We should play a game"?

KMF went okay - and Whitney won with the right answer! 😄

• Like 4

Did Monica's family find out that they would be filmed by Bravo and decided not to meet her on camera?

Monica is overly dramatic all the time to get attention (and be filmed more) to remain a HW. She did it in Palm Springs, Angie's Easter party, Meredith's jewerly presentation, Bermuda. It seems as if she came prepared to play the game. She did all the right things: associated herself with an OG HW (Meredith), created drama (even with her own mother), and fought with an OG, and new, weaker HW (Lisa, Angie) to create drama. 

Meredith lied about talking to Monica about Angie. She gossips viciously about people she doesn't like. She also claimed the women are jealous of her! Why? Some of them have legitimate, successful businesses (Lisa, Heather, Angie), Heather even has a best selling book, they own their houses (Heather who bought a new house, Angie who built a new one, Whitney), they are all on a reality show, something they all coveted because they pursued it. Meredith's businesses are in hibernation, and she doesn't even own a house anywhere.

I wouldn't discuss my daughter's sex life on tv either.

• Like 15
  • Applause 2

Although the one thing I DON’T think Monica’s lying about is what an a-hole her mom is, there’s not much that comes out of her mouth that can be believed.  She and Meredith certainly have that in common.   

I’m sure we’ll never know why the family really declined the opportunity to meet with her.  I’m sure a new drama awaits next week, no telling which housewives she’ll be with or against.  It’s a crap shoot, at this point.  

Edited by CallmeCray
  • Like 8

When Monica was having a breakdown after learning her family didn't want to see her (or more like they didn't want to be filmed is my guess and her mother enlightened them that there would be cameras at the visit), I had a flashback of when Jenn wanted the women on her side after being horrible, she would cry, say everyone is against her, etc...I think I know where Monica learned that behavior.

Meredith lied when Monica said they talked about Angie and the Greek Mafia aka The Feta Gang, lol. Meredith should know we have receipts on film.  Also, if you think someone is in any sort of Mafia then why would you start trouble with them, as Tony Soprano showed us, you do not mess with the Mafia. 

Side note, my son got a second puppy, a little girl Hunt Terrier and named her Meadow, he really loves The Sopranos...I doubt anyone will be naming their puppy Angie k. just saying, lol.

11 hours ago, ZettaK said:

And yes, for those who wondered: gigantic shield sunglasses are a trend. By Tom Ford, Versace, etc.

Even Gucci makes mistakes, tm The Countess.

• Like 3
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Right? Why was she sobbing uncontrollably over people she didn't know? And what made her think her mother was behind it? Maybe Bravo contacted them to give them a heads-up on the arrival of the filming crew and they backed out, or maybe they were put off by Monica's last minute schedule shuffling.

• Like 13
Just now, SweetieDarling said:

Was it a fashion faux-pas or did Lisa and Angie plan to wear their matching Versace outfits to go jet-skiing?

Why are housewives obsessed with wearing designer names all over themselves? imo, it makes them look thirsty and ridiculous

Clearly they do not know about the, "quiet luxury," trend, (not having designer logos screaming from every item you wear), I have been following that trend for my entire life, my luxury barely whispers, lol.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

I now believe Monica and her mom have a whole game going here. Her mom is prob shit but I think they are in on this together. Dies Monica even have family in Bermuda? It seems so shady.

Monica saying she was sex shamed was fucking stupid. Heather doesn’t have to discuss her daughters sex life especially or her own. Everyone is a grown woman they have all had sex who cares.

Shut up Whitney. Fix your bad makeup too. Her apology was fake I say.

Meredith shut up.

I am liking Lisa snapping about Meredith because it is so obvious what Meredith is doing and Lisa cracks me up.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Marley said:

I now believe Monica and her mom have a whole game going here. Her mom is prob shit but I think they are in on this together. Dies Monica even have family in Bermuda? It seems so shady.

This needs to be a question at the reunion. I need Lisa's 6 lawyers, cybersecurity team and whatever other resources she has to get to the bottom of this

• Like 4
  • LOL 16

Was Monica producing any tears or just doing the patented Housewives ‘pat at the corner of your eyes and gravel your voice’ move?

She’s too focus pulling for me. I’m sure her Mom is a narcissistic nightmare, and that sucks, but….. I honestly Don’t Care.  

No more childhood trauma and parents on these shows, please. It’s BORING. 

Bermuda was gorgeous. And loved Lisa calling Meredith on the carpet. That’s all I got because it’s turned into the Monica and her Trauma show. 

• Like 13
  • Love 1

I am a Monica fan, but even I was questioning this narrative about the family. The whole thing felt staged to me. The running off the bus in tears, the hysterics, the blaming the mother. Monica doesn't know why they declined, my guess is they didn't want the cameras.

Monica's mother not showing up for therapy was very on brand for her however. I am sure she will be coming out with an excuse very soon.

Meredith has lost her touch with the shit-stirring, she has tried the same trick one too many times.

Heather's take about being the only single woman there was strange. What is with the sex hang up she has now? I am not talking about the daughter, because that was inappropriate, but she was always so sex positive I thought.

• Like 11
14 hours ago, Steph J said:

Whitney deadpanning 'we shouldn't play games' or something like that had me rolling.  And I usually don't find her that amusing.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10

Monica crying over people she couldn't be bothered to visit in 20+ years of adulthood (no names, just generic family references). Please! Bermuda is a 2.5 hour flight from NY. The only once in a lifetime opportunity lost was getting it on camera.

Not discussing your child's sex life is reasonable (and not sex shaming). Calling your teenage daughter/bff/nanny to unload your emotions and share your granny sabotage suspicions....selfish crap mom moment.

I'm glad the women found the Greek Mafia crap as ridiculous as I did. Mer does her usual deny, lie, fly routine. She gonna need a tub and an IV stat!

• Like 7
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, J80134 said:

Not discussing your child's sex life is reasonable (and not sex shaming). Calling your teenage daughter/bff/nanny to unload your emotions and share your granny sabotage suspicions....selfish crap mom moment.

This. In no way should your children have to provide that kind of emotional support. You could tell her daughter was well versed in how to respond to Mom's victim behavior. She had those 'build Mom up' responses down pat.  She might be an 'old soul,' but she's your daughter, not your therapist or adult friend you vent to.

And 'sex shamed?' Thirsty Bitch, please.

• Like 12
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Alright get the pitchforks out for me cause I'm just gonna say it .... A woman that brags about fucking her brother in law on a national television shows family decided NOT to see her but its HER moms fault? cause she isnt Shady as fuck on her own? ...There is 100% a reason they didn't see her and i don't believe for a min that it was her MOM that made them make this decision

Yeah she lost me when she was crying about noone wanted her and included the in-laws in that group - honey, there's a reason!

I think Meredith chose "greek mafia" as her rumor because by the time it got around to Angie and she brought it up it would sound so totally ridiculous 😄  I also think the editors are as done with the Marks family as I am 😄

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

Lol what made me laugh too was Meredith claiming jealousy. Like of what? Your creepy gross husband that is prob an arrangement between the two of them at this point. Or your scintillating podcast or their probably house of cards finances lol. She’s so delusional.

• Like 10
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Clearly they do not know about the, "quiet luxury," trend, (not having designer logos screaming from every item you wear), I have been following that trend for my entire life, my luxury barely whispers, lol.

I hear ya - my Target luxury can’t even muster up a low hum, I’d even take a white noise effect, at this point.

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

This. In no way should your children have to provide that kind of emotional support. You could tell her daughter was well versed in how to respond to Mom's victim behavior. She had those 'build Mom up' responses down pat.  She might be an 'old soul,' but she's your daughter, not your therapist or adult friend you vent to.

And 'sex shamed?' Thirsty Bitch, please.

This was disturbing to watch, and the fact that her daughter is an “old soul” is likely not unrelated to what looks to be like a case of parentification.   It’s never a kid’s job to console and provide counsel to their parent, and it’s obvious that this is their pattern.  Sweet, smart young lady, but she still needs her mom to be a mom TO HER, not the other way around.  Monica is immature on many levels and not playing with a full deck.  She really needs to grow up.

• Like 7
  • Applause 9

Quick question regarding MOANica ... didnt she came ON the show saying she knew everyone’s secrets because of Jen? girl you can try to deflect and cry and say other people "sent" you the information but when you came on STATING you already knew these secrets because of your FRIEND JEN.. baby girl the "friend" is YOU the call is coming from INSIDE the house

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 5
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, princelina said:

Yeah she lost me when she was crying about noone wanted her and included the in-laws in that group - honey, there's a reason!

This! I can maybe kind of buy Linda meddling in the Bermuda relatives or them deciding they didn't want be on camera, but when she was crying about how her in-laws wanted nothing to do with her, I was like girl. You had an affair with their daughter's husband! Hopefully they don't ignore their granddaughters but I don't blame them for wanting nothing to do with Monica.

I was fully on Heather's side regarding her daughter's sex life. I'm glad that she drew that line and is respecting her daughter's privacy. 

I love that Lisa immediately realized that the whole instagram DM thing came from Meredith. I also liked that she went to comfort Monica. She was also drinking a diet Coke during breakfast. A good episode for Miss Barlow.

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, MaggieG said:

This! I can maybe kind of buy Linda meddling in the Bermuda relatives or them deciding they didn't want be on camera, but when she was crying about how her in-laws wanted nothing to do with her, I was like girl. You had an affair with their daughter's husband! Hopefully they don't ignore their granddaughters but I don't blame them for wanting nothing to do with Monica.

I was fully on Heather's side regarding her daughter's sex life. I'm glad that she drew that line and is respecting her daughter's privacy. 

I love that Lisa immediately realized that the whole instagram DM thing came from Meredith. I also liked that she went to comfort Monica. She was also drinking a diet Coke during breakfast. A good episode for Miss Barlow.

Her joke about how she gets her Jazz tickets was pretty hilarious too lol.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
23 hours ago, Jack Terrier said:

An activated Baby Gorgeous! 

Heather is being a dead fish about sex. 

So if someone doesn’t want details of their sex life shared on national TV, they are being unreasonable?  

• Like 13
  • Applause 4

I'm still trying to figure out why LINDA thought she should be on a HW trip.  Is she a RHOSLC?

NOPE!

This whole mother/daughter screwed up relationship business is about to get on my last nerve.  Let's grow up people. Stop this stoopid shit.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

If it wasn't  for Monica,they'd have nothing  to talk about. She's  sort of taken over. I don't  know if her mother had anything  to do with the family not seeing  Monica, will we ever find out? The mother  is an odd one, and I can imagine  she'd  be jealous  of a trip to Bermuda.

Meredith  sipping tea,  wearing  a lot of makeup. 

I'm glad Heather didn't  talk about her daughters  sex life, she probably  doesn't  know anyway. 

Previews look good.

• Like 5

Speaking as someone who has difficulty distinguishing between faces and often relies on hair color or clothing to tell people apart, this show is becoming very difficult to watch.

• Like 4
23 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Those sunglasses brought me back to circa 1985, when Swatch Sunglasses were all the rage in my neck of the woods, sadly I could only afford the "knockoffs" sold on the corner in NYC

image.png.a7fb25e9c0bb12598f3e1ef78dd73af6.png

so, in retrospect, i wonder if Brooksie was making a fashion statement by wearing his ski goggles to drive, or if he was mocking the women 

• LOL 7
On 12/12/2023 at 9:36 PM, Steph J said:

Not in Real Housewives land.  "Let's meet just to clear the air so we can move on" is another dangerous sentence.

SLC has become my favorite Housewives series now that Potomac is mostly about off-camera backstage drama. I'm just afraid it's going to turn into The Monica Show.

• Like 6

Just when I thought I had gotten used to Whitney’s fillings and dillings with theengs, she pronounces the word “spirit” as “spit”??

”In the spit of being honest…”

GIRL. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 9