Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Mormons Get a Bad Rap

• Start Topic

Lisa feels betrayed by Angie and embraced by Heather; Monica and her mom agree to move forward; Meredith opens up about her marriage on her podcast with Seth; Heather hosts a reading for her book and searches for community.

Airdate: 11.14.2023

• Like 1
On 11/13/2023 at 9:36 AM, TexasGal said:

Airdate: 11.14.2024

Lisa feels embraced by Heather who hates her version of Mormonism? She must be desperate for (show) friends.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Pi237 said:

I loved that Seth cried for their podcast and it wasn't recording. Gold!  Who would listen to mush mouth Meredith and her Greasy husband talk about Anything let alone their weirdo marriage? 

And he was so bummed it didn't record! 😂. I had the same thoughts wondering who is the audience for that show? 😖

Anyone who believes Heather actually did a book reading before hundreds of people raise your hand!  Yeah, me neither 😄. As far as their little staged-for-the-show "event", I thought Lisa was game for what was meant to be silliness, and Heather bringing back her "choir" that didn't even sing was reality tv gold as well! Snotty Monica can fuck right off and act like the junior member of the RH crew that she is.

• Like 19
  • Applause 1

A friend  of mine has read Heather's  book, and said it was very different  than she thought  it was going to be. She enjoyed  it.I'm wondering  if Heather has an audio  book, that she narrates. She has a very nice voice.

I don't  understand  Lisa, she has fans that just love her. She's definitely  stopped  botox, because  her forehead  now creases.I think the reason  people  don't  say anything to her, until it's over, is because  she behaves  like a nutjob Something  is missing  in her life right now.jmho.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

Monica is such an immature brat. If you can’t talk to your mom and give her a ride home then get your own vehicle you low credit score having asshole! I notice one of the middle daughters speaks in her moms dumb Kardashian inspired manner. It makes people look stupid not cool. Monica is such trash she makes me root for Lisa Barlow.  
Whitney runs around half naked and acts like trash but Lisa can’t rant and swear in her home because her kids are home? 
Heather must be on a mission to get along with everyone and sell more books because the way she sat there with crazy Marys eyes are popping out and saying she looks inbred while her and her grandpa husbands son is up to no good was crazy. 
Meredith and Seth, the marriage I don’t want to hear anymore about.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 17
  • Applause 4

Mary's wig...it traveled all over her head during her scene with Heather.  Mary's home decor is really alarmingly bad, I mean this woman has the nerve to tell other people how to dress and her home looks like that?  

When Heather was doing her reading my brain flashed on Carrie Bradshaw doing a reading in SATC. Heather did a nice job with her reading.  

Heather does not want to be a practicing Mormon but it seems that the only way you can be Mormon is to practice it because she will never be allowed back in, so how can she consider herself Mormon? It is confusing to me.

Angie K's face never moves, ever.  Her voice is always monotone, is she a robot?

Monica is mentally unwell, how she processes situations with her mother is stunted, she really is mentally a twelve year old, like that was the age where everything changed for her and her brain is unable to think past her twelve year old self.

Fillings, hillings, dillings, etc...make it stop!

Meredith and her husband having a podcast is laughable, like two of the most uninteresting people talking about their most uninteresting marriage, who is listening to them? Will they talk about the vwroumors?

• Like 7
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, bosawks said:

I always kind of enjoy it when Heather’s obtuseness collides with Lisa’s obtuseness and they meet in the middle.

Could you be talking about their conversation about Heather's encounter on a plane with a missionary? It sounded like Heather wanted to save the missionary from Mormonism, and Lisa was all proud mama in a "that polite young man could be my son!" kind of way. Like they were each having their own conversation, thinking the other was validating their points.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
13 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Heather does not want to be a practicing Mormon but it seems that the only way you can be Mormon is to practice it because she will never be allowed back in, so how can she consider herself Mormon? It is confusing to me.

It seems that divorce is a much bigger violation of church doctrine than drinking/selling tequila and wearing strapless dresses to church. It also sounds like Heather is jealous of Lisa being able to be a Mormon in good standing on her own terms, and Heather is not afforded that. Everything she does gets side-eyed by the church and by what used to be her church community. I think she misses being a part of that, and it sounds like once she got divorced they all turned their backs on her.

• Like 15
  • Useful 1
22 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Angie K's face never moves, ever.  Her voice is always monotone, is she a robot?

I'm beginning to wonder that too, especially with how she carefully pronounces each word. BTW, What the hell was going on with her hair at the book event? And that orange cat suit! How do these women walk around in public and not be aware of how ridiculous they look?

• Like 6
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Meredith and her husband having a podcast is laughable, like two of the most uninteresting people talking about their most uninteresting marriage, who is listening to them? Will they talk about the vwroumors?

I have a hard time believing anyone wants to listen to Meredith drone on about anything, let alone her marriage to Seth.

I'm still convinced neither of them are ever sober. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
7 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I'm beginning to wonder that too, especially with how she carefully pronounces each word. BTW, What the hell was going on with her hair at the book event? And that orange cat suit! How do these women walk around in public and not be aware of how ridiculous they look?

Angie looked like a ‘90s R&B girl group member who was moonlighting at Cirque du Soliel. She actually looked in the mirror and said, ah, yes, perfect outfit for an afternoon book reading. Somehow she missed the memo to wear black leather to show they were supporting the “rebel” like everyone else did.

Lisa has really become insufferable this season. Her talking heads of superiority and derision are too much. Does she really think this is going to make people take “her side”? She’s almost as bad as Olivia in Bachelor in Paradise.

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, bosawks said:

I always kind of enjoy it when Heather’s obtuseness collides with Lisa’s obtuseness and they meet in the middle.

Their middle is a line of scrimmage.

Who would listen to mush mouth Meredith and her Greasy husband talk about

They absolutely are trying to get Bravo to give the family their own show.

She's right at home with every talking avatar on every two-bit corporate training video made the past 10 years.

It also sounds like Heather is jealous of Lisa being able to be a Mormon in good standing on her own terms, and Heather is not afforded that.

It's ironic that the real Mormon (who criticized the church) is less accepted than the fake Mormon. Heather was punished after a lifetime of being dutiful, and Lisa swans in with her tequila and strapless dresses and crowns herself Mormon. I imagine these scenarios are common in that community. It was traumatic for Heather, but she has to move on from being the traumatized jerk.

Mary's wig...it traveled all over her head during her scene with Heather. 

Traveling WigMary. (Apologies to the Traveling Wilburys)

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 7
  • LOL 9

In Lisa's talking heads where she is wearing jeans and bold-print top, her bottom half (starting at the waist) doesn't move and looks fake -- like when people stuff jeans full of leaves to make a Halloween scarecrow that sits on the porch.

My only take away from this episode is that none of these women wash the fruit they put on their endless charcuterie boards.

Maybe not. But I wash my stuff before I put it away, so that I don't have to do it every time make a salad or a smoothie or whatever. 

Monica is such an immature brat. If you can’t talk to your mom and give her a ride home then get your own vehicle you low credit score having asshole!

She's an asshole, yes, but if she's paying for the car, it's hers (though I do wonder if she'd need the credit help if she had something that isn't a Range Rover, or whatever it is). As a former low-credit-having asshole (with 2 jobs and student loans and rent to pay), I am grateful that I had help when I needed it (and also glad that I am now in the position to help my low-credit-having asshole boyfriend who has a small business to run and found himself in a similar bad position carwise). Again, Monica's an asshole, but I don't think her dickhole mother deserved a ride home for correcting her own dickhole behavior.

That said, doesn't Monica's mom have her own keys? If not, how does she take the car away from Monica's house in the first place? Does she steal Monica's keys too?

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

It seems that divorce is a much bigger violation of church doctrine than drinking/selling tequila and wearing strapless dresses to church. It also sounds like Heather is jealous of Lisa being able to be a Mormon in good standing on her own terms, and Heather is not afforded that. Everything she does gets side-eyed by the church and by what used to be her church community. I think she misses being a part of that, and it sounds like once she got divorced they all turned their backs on her.

I think that Heather was raised as part of the church elite due to her heritage.  And she has been held to a higher standard for the same reason.  So she lost "more" than a Morman who divorced and no longer follows the "rules".   

• Like 5

Haven't read anything yet but I have a comment.

I am fascinated with people and their stories.  I can find literally anyone interesting.  EXCEPT Meredith Marks and her husband.  Are they even real or are they AI?  Cause I have never seen or listened to (kind of) anyone that is more boring.  Even their family, I give no fucks.  

With that, I cannot remember much of what happened.  Bring on Bermuda!

• Like 3
  • LOL 14
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I noticed when Lisa came to Whitney’s house, Whitney was so exhausted from her party the night before she was still in her green silk pajamas but hair and make up was done and she was all blinged out in jewelry. 🙄

Not too tired to make a charcuterie board.  🙄  I love a meat and cheese board like everyone else but I cannot believe these people have them as often as they do.  Could they latch onto another food trend? They can check out tik tok.

1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

In Lisa's talking heads where she is wearing jeans and bold-print top, her bottom half (starting at the waist) doesn't move and looks fake -- like when people stuff jeans full of leaves to make a Halloween scarecrow that sits on the porch.

Maybe not. But I wash my stuff before I put it away, so that I don't have to do it every time make a salad or a smoothie or whatever. 

She's an asshole, yes, but if she's paying for the car, it's hers (though I do wonder if she'd need the credit help if she had something that isn't a Range Rover, or whatever it is). As a former low-credit-having asshole (with 2 jobs and student loans and rent to pay), I am grateful that I had help when I needed it (and also glad that I am now in the position to help my low-credit-having asshole boyfriend who has a small business to run and found himself in a similar bad position carwise). Again, Monica's an asshole, but I don't think her dickhole mother deserved a ride home for correcting her own dickhole behavior.

That said, doesn't Monica's mom have her own keys? If not, how does she take the car away from Monica's house in the first place? Does she steal Monica's keys too?

The scene with Monica and her mother was so set up it was amazing.  I am surprised they kept in character.  

I too wash all my fruit before putting it away.  :)

• Like 10
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

She's an asshole, yes, but if she's paying for the car, it's hers

Not legally, if it's titled to her Mom. And, according to Mom, she was not making timely payments.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzpbUCZPB4d/?igshid=d2N2MTB0NThzOG5z

Every one of Monica's scenes seem fake, forced & rehearsed.  I don't believe a single word she says. Nor do I believe that she could afford a Range Rover on her own before the Bravo salary & divorce settlement. 

• Like 12
Just now, snarts said:

Not legally, if it's titled to her Mom. And, according to Mom, she was not making timely payments.

Every one of Monica's scenes seem fake, forced & rehearsed.  I don't believe a single word she says. Nor do I believe that she could afford a Range Rover on her own before the Bravo salary & divorce settlement. 

Well there are questions about who has Lisa's ring...

• LOL 15
2 hours ago, snarts said:

I know not legally; I was talking about morally and humanly (and neither of them has the title if it's not paid for). But only a dick like her mother would think think of it that way; it's petty and vindictive and gross. Barring some completely crazy scenario, I would never take my boyfriend's car just because I'm a cosigner for him; I don't even open the bill when it shows up. Monica's mom's behavior is not that of a woman who wants a good relationship with her kid. (And, maybe Monica's not making payments, I don't know; I am basing my opinions only on what is on the show.)

As usual, though, I'll add that I wouldn't be too surprised if the two of them were doing this for the show.  

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 7

Like I say every episode, I still like Monica. She is great TV and I can see she is trying with her kids and her shrew of a mother, but this episode she was terrible.

She needs to shut her mouth sometimes, that display at Heather's reading was gross. I don't see her ass going out of her comfort zone to sing or (try to) rap. I am also going to hope that when the cameras went down, she stopped her mom and drove her home. Unless she lives like 4 doors down, then she can walk. Also, the Mom's outfit that would give Dorit a run for her money was too much. She is getting bolder with her labels, first it was a Tiffany necklace, then a LV scarf now it's a full Burberry ensemble. It is enough lady.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Mary's wig...it traveled all over her head during her scene with Heather.  Mary's home decor is really alarmingly bad, I mean this woman has the nerve to tell other people how to dress and her home looks like that?  

I continue to be baffled that anyone wants to spend any time with Mary. Heather must have been forced by production to go. The absolute hilarity of Mary saying she's not bougie while sitting in those Willy Wonka chairs.

Do you listen to Watch What Crappens? The way they do Angie's voice is hilarious, they do it in a robotic way 😆

I would ever waste my time listening to Mer and Seth's podcast but I did laugh at them having a deep conversation about their marriage and then realizing they weren't recording.

• Like 3
  • LOL 11

I do not think Lisa could talk if they made her put her hands in her pockets (or better yet tied her hands down).  She has those hands and fingers going crazy when she talks.  It really annoys me.  

• LOL 7
9 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I continue to be baffled that anyone wants to spend any time with Mary. Heather must have been forced by production to go. The absolute hilarity of Mary saying she's not bougie while sitting in those Willy Wonka chairs.

Do you listen to Watch What Crappens? The way they do Angie's voice is hilarious, they do it in a robotic way 😆

I would ever waste my time listening to Mer and Seth's podcast but I did laugh at them having a deep conversation about their marriage and then realizing they weren't recording.

It was done to mutually benefit the women since it was going to be aired.

Mary is only a friend this season so she only gets paid if she is actually in an episode. She hates going to any of the events so this was probably a "scene" that was relatively non-objectionable to her.

Heather gets a scene where she is guaranteed to appear in a relatively favorable light because she doesn't take Mary seriously since she knows she is an ill-mannered lunatic.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
13 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I do not think Lisa could talk if they made her put her hands in her pockets (or better yet tied her hands down).  She has those hands and fingers going crazy when she talks.  It really annoys me.  

She's going to take an eye out with those pointy fingers.  

As much as Monica annoys me, Lisa does that middle school thing where she pulls the person in the middle and 'whispers' insults about the other girl. Then, when that girl retaliates, she cries 'OMG why are you so obsessed with me?!'

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Can someone explain Meredith's speech and vocal patterns to me?  There is something that sounds so strange to me about the way she speaks.  Is she faking it? Trying to make some sort of impression with it?  Or is it just the way she speaks naturally? For some reason it doesn't sound natural to my ears, but I'm open to being wrong.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I am a hand talker.  I should try and do it without them.  HA!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

It seems that divorce is a much bigger violation of church doctrine than drinking/selling tequila and wearing strapless dresses to church

I have Mormon in-laws and I was very surprised to find out that divorce is not uncommon among practicing LDS folks. It's not that there's no stigma to it, but you can definitely still be a part of the church and the community post-divorce. But there's a LOT of pressure to remarry to someone within the Church asap.

Heather went through a whole big awakening. She doesn't want to be part of the Church anymore but it's natural to miss belonging to something that was a BIG part of her whole identity and life. And it sounds like she has dealt with friends abandoning her and shunning her children. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
On 11/15/2023 at 5:26 PM, ChristmasJones said:

Can someone explain Meredith's speech and vocal patterns to me?  There is something that sounds so strange to me about the way she speaks.  Is she faking it? Trying to make some sort of impression with it?  Or is it just the way she speaks naturally? For some reason it doesn't sound natural to my ears, but I'm open to being wrong.

Her tone of voice is affected, so yes, I believe she is changing it on purpose. I'm sure she thinks it's more sophisticated. Lisa's is, as well, but not as bad. Whitney, and Monica talk like little girls. Angie speaks in a monotone. I wondered before if she feels uncomfortable being on tv.

The Mormon Church is probably harsh on Heather, and not Lisa because Heather was Mormon royalty unlike Lisa who converted relatively recently. 

Whitney repeated a million times that her kid is in the house, and she doesn't talk like this in front of her kids. That was unnecessary. Lisa agreed (she said "understood") the first time.

And finally we have the scene where Mary discusses calling Heather inbred!

Heather lost a lot of weight. Mary looks thinner too (she was always very thin). Ozempic?

None of the HWs seem to have read Heather’s book, they are aware of the parts about them, but I'm sure they found out about those on the media/social media. The only reason she has a book is because she is on the show. And she now wants to "write" more books.

Lisa didn't say "your own mother doesn't even want you" like Monica claimed, she said "nobody wants to be your mother" after Monica told her she was not her mother (to chastise her).

Whitney has a "brand"?

Meredith's black leather with white lace sleeves jacket is ugly. And the shiny synthetic bodysuit in her confessionals is not too great either. The same goes for Angie'a bodysuit at Heather’s book event. Heather is all about brands this season.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, sandwoman said:

I have Mormon in-laws and I was very surprised to find out that divorce is not uncommon among practicing LDS folks. It's not that there's no stigma to it, but you can definitely still be a part of the church and the community post-divorce. But there's a LOT of pressure to remarry to someone within the Church asap.

Heather went through a whole big awakening. She doesn't want to be part of the Church anymore but it's natural to miss belonging to something that was a BIG part of her whole identity and life. And it sounds like she has dealt with friends abandoning her and shunning her children. 

I think that the Mormon church has an issue with Heather because her family, and her husband's family are Mormon royalty, not because she is divorced, and they hold her to a higher standard. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I am on the fence about Monica. Is she good TV? She's pretty vile, and her horrible mom cannot be her excuse every time. Her behaviors at Heather's book reading were not ok while Lisa was singing. She feels free to be completely disruptive at anyone's event... we have seen it now at Greek Easter, the Prism event of Whitneys, and now Heathers event. Seeing her mom return the vehicle brought out the Jenna Lyons in me. Honey! You do NOT put Burberry pants, and Burberry scarf with a Ralph Lauren jacket. Mixing Label's? The horror.  But seriously, that woman is desperate for camera time. I am sure the "therapy" will be on camera. I am frankly bored by the two of them, it's a level of dysfunction that really shouldn't be televised.  Anyone who locks her kid in the trunk of the car so she can make out with someone (more than once) is beyond the pale of bad moms. 

Salt Lake has the funniest accents of all the Housewives shows. I LOVE Ben and Ron on Watch what Crappens imitating them all. Whitney with the grating baby voice. Angie with the halting stacato voice peppered with OMPAH! Meredith with her slow talk with occasional British lilt to some words. Baby Gorgeous Lisa with her speedy breathy weird chatter. I am just waiting on a "can I touch" and I will be complete. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8