Type keyword(s) to search

Kate Plus 8 - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I see John is still exploiting his children for money and attention. He's only marginally better than Kate.

I agree and that’s an extremely low bar.  All 8 of those kids got royally screwed in the parental selection process.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I don't see how Jon makes money off this. He was muzzled for ten years while Kate could say whatever she wanted. It's his turn to talk. 

Yeah, I don’t think Dr. Oz pays guests, and Jon wasn’t hawking a book, so I don’t think he made any $$. Hopefully, he asked Colin if it was Ok to talk about him. I do feel a little squeamish about it, but maybe Colin wants his side of the story out there. After all, his mother did publicly say he was sent away for behavioral issues— so it wasn’t a secret.

• Love 10

I still look forward to the day the first gosselin tell-all arrives on the shelves and we learn how truly ghastly it was to grow up with khate as a mom. I’m betting it’ll be Collin or Hannah. I think the twins are a lost cause and I’m not sure about the other 4 who still have to live in her clutches

• Love 15
7 hours ago, overtherainbow said:

I still look forward to the day the first gosselin tell-all arrives on the shelves and we learn how truly ghastly it was to grow up with khate as a mom. I’m betting it’ll be Collin or Hannah. I think the twins are a lost cause and I’m not sure about the other 4 who still have to live in her clutches

I hope Jon or one of the children write a book to counteract the nonsense Kate had in her books.

• Love 7
On 11/20/2019 at 5:22 PM, babyhouseman said:

I don't see how Jon makes money off this. He was muzzled for ten years while Kate could say whatever she wanted. It's his turn to talk. 

I agree. I watched the Dr Oz interview on YouTube. Jon admitted his own character flaws and how tempting the money was, but I believe Jon actually wants the best for Collin and Hannah. He wants to correct his mistakes. Kate thinks everything she did was perfect. 

It’s very telling that Hannah as the “favorite” thought life was better with Jon. I can believe Collin had mental health issues and maybe needed additional help, but Kate sent him away so she wouldn’t have to deal with him NOT because it was the “best thing” for him and she had no other choice. 

We are going to get a tell-all book one day. 

• Love 12

I can't wait for this tell all either! I think Jon just wants his kids to be like any teenager. I hope he watched Kate's dating show with his beautiful girlfriend and laughed his ass off.  She is truly the worst! 

• Love 9

Has anyone else been seeing Collin's face in the sponsored content area at the bottom of various sites? Along with "this food causes belly fat" and all that. Ugh poor kid.

Jon didn't last too long on his not talking about the kids anymore statement lol. But I'm guessing Dr. Oz came to him to discuss it. Unfortunately for Collin, he is somewhat famous whether he likes it or not and probably gets bombarded with questions about the situation. Maybe it's better to be open about it since it's already too far gone, I dunno.

Article on Daily Mail about how Kate has lost a court case to John. She owes him $1500 in legal fees and another $25k. This all stems from Kate allowing TLC to film the kids in October for her new dating show, even though John had a court order prohibiting it. Kate is held in contempt.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Article on Daily Mail about how Kate has lost a court case to John. She owes him $1500 in legal fees and another $25k. This all stems from Kate allowing TLC to film the kids in October for her new dating show, even though John had a court order prohibiting it. Kate is held in contempt.

I’ll bet she’s fit to be tied and taking her anger out on the kids.  Bless their hearts.

• Love 7

The photo and brief IG video of Collin and Jon getting a Christmas tree.....I don't know, it choked me up.  Collin seems so happy and just a regular kid.  He definitely has a great relationship with Jon as well as Colleen and her family.  We might have a happy ending for him.  Jon said he's in the Junior ROTC which he loves and provides the structure he needs as a boy with ADHD.

• Love 13

I guess this is where Jon is getting the money for the fancy vacation and the Eagles tickets. Jon and Kate are two peas in a very sick famewhore pod. He's no better than she is. He is taking her money, but I'm guessing he is not helping Cara or Mady with college expenses. And if I remember correctly, Jon didn't pay a dime of child support for years. And I still recall when Jon was on Couples Therapy with his last girlfriend, and he got in trouble for masturbating under a blanket on camera. Father of the Year. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I guess this is where Jon is getting the money for the fancy vacation and the Eagles tickets. Jon and Kate are two peas in a very sick famewhore pod. He's no better than she is. He is taking her money, but I'm guessing he is not helping Cara or Mady with college expenses. And if I remember correctly, Jon didn't pay a dime of child support for years. And I still recall when Jon was on Couples Therapy with his last girlfriend, and he got in trouble for masturbating under a blanket on camera. Father of the Year. 

There is no money yet, according to the article.  Kate has been ordered to pay but nothing yet.  As for Cara and Mady, the money earned from the series and other events were supposedly put into a trust that would include college, so neither Jon or Kate are probably paying out of their own pocket.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I was overjoyed about the court case.   Kate has had her way for YEARS.   She thinks Rules don't apply to her and just bulldozes her way through.    Jon might be objecting to filming just to get back at Kate, but the end result is the kids who are still minors aren't living in front of the cameras anymore.   I'll take that.

Yes, he uses his instagram to post about the kids.   Yes, he went on tv to talk about the kids.   But those are discrete bits.   It's not their whole lives out there.    

He didn't pay child support for years because Kate held out on total control.   If he had access and some say in the kids, he would have been paying child support.   That whole "no support in exchange I get the kids" was on Kate.

He's not perfect.   He could have fought more.   But he is still a better parent than Kate  - who would sell out every single child for a buck and then send them away when they weren't appropriately grateful for her giving birth to them.

• Love 21

The timelines are interesting.  The $1,500 fee was for Jon's attorney reimbursement because Kate defied the court order to keep the kids off TV.  It has been paid off in May.  I question if she and/or TLC paid the fine because both were equally culpable in allowing unpermitted kids on air.  She allegedly also owes Jon $25,000 in legal fees for an earlier court case that has not been paid.  Either way, $1,500 and $25,000 are small potatoes when it comes to how much money this franchise has earned.  For TLC to get away with this with only a $1,500 fine directed towards Kate is completely outrageous.

The next few months and year will be interesting.  I think TLC is finished with Kate.  It's become a hazardous situation because they work with so many kids and this kind of intense scrutiny about their work situations is not something any entertainment wants.  With the PA DOL ruling, we will almost certainly never see the underage kids on TV again until they turn 18.  Kate could do a show with the twins or by herself but is there any interest?

I do agree with Jon that she's addicted to the spotlight but that's not just her, I think.  Reality TV intensifies the need.  Jon is the same.  How she and Jon responds will be interesting.  Since Jon has done everything to keep the kids off TV, that's good but it's certainly not the last we've seen of him on TV and that's not good.  However, the way he's fought for his son has been heroic. 

• Love 4
On 1/3/2020 at 3:59 PM, babyhouseman said:

Radar is reporting Kate said in court TLC terminated her. I hope this is true.

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2020/01/tlc-terminate-relationship-kate-gosselin-found-in-contempt-by-judge-court-jon/

Even if they did, I doubt this is the end of things with TLC and Kate. It sounds like a marketing campaign to make them look like they give a care about the permits when it’s clear they didn’t at the time of filming. And a nice hook for their next special with her whenever that comes around.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Radar is reporting Kate said in court TLC terminated her. I hope this is true.

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2020/01/tlc-terminate-relationship-kate-gosselin-found-in-contempt-by-judge-court-jon/

People on social media keep acting like this is some huge victory for Jon over Kate. In reality, the show was already 99.99% dead. The kids are too old. They're not cute, and the college episode was boring as hell. Plus, Kate is awkward on camera. She was only entertaining when she was yelling at Jon or had a number of adorable small children surrounding her. She has no future in television, completely apart from the divorce issues and the situation with the kids.

And for all Jon's talk about protecting his kids, I would bet money that he got paid for the Dr. Oz interview, where he said his kids are immature and have to be "re-parented", and continued to publicly bash their mother. And since Jon is such a social media fan, can he post how much child support he has actually paid for his 8 kids over the years? How much is he contributing to Maddy and Cara's college expenses? He seems to have plenty of money for Eagles tickets and expensive vacations.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Kellyee said:

And for all Jon's talk about protecting his kids, I would bet money that he got paid for the Dr. Oz interview, where he said his kids are immature and have to be "re-parented", and continued to publicly bash their mother.

A friend of mine works for Harpo and says that guests for the most part aren't paid, but that's especially true for an "information" show like Dr. Oz.  Jon might have been given an appearance fee since he's a public personality but not an actual SAG performer, but those are quite small.  Since the show is taped in New York, probably the best he did was a free trip to Manhattan with a hotel room.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
On 1/7/2020 at 9:35 AM, Kellyee said:

People on social media keep acting like this is some huge victory for Jon over Kate. In reality, the show was already 99.99% dead. The kids are too old. They're not cute, and the college episode was boring as hell. Plus, Kate is awkward on camera. She was only entertaining when she was yelling at Jon or had a number of adorable small children surrounding her. She has no future in television, completely apart from the divorce issues and the situation with the kids.

And for all Jon's talk about protecting his kids, I would bet money that he got paid for the Dr. Oz interview, where he said his kids are immature and have to be "re-parented", and continued to publicly bash their mother. And since Jon is such a social media fan, can he post how much child support he has actually paid for his 8 kids over the years? How much is he contributing to Maddy and Cara's college expenses? He seems to have plenty of money for Eagles tickets and expensive vacations.

I agree with you about the kids being too old at this point. At the same time, the kids were a lot of the reason people tuned into the show. I wonder if Kate might try to do what Jim Bob Duggar (another TLC "talent") did with his kids: pitch the idea of a spin-off featuring the oldest kids with Kate behind the scenes as some kind of producer or something? 

• Love 2

I agree with you about the kids being too old at this point. At the same time, the kids were a lot of the reason people tuned into the show. I wonder if Kate might try to do what Jim Bob Duggar (another TLC "talent") did with his kids: pitch the idea of a spin-off featuring the oldest kids with Kate behind the scenes as some kind of producer or something? 

The Duggar kids married young and immediately started producing more cute babies for people to look at. And even with that, Counting On seems horribly boring to me. Watching Maddy Gosselin go to class and roll her eyes at everything and everyone holds no appeal for me.

Plus, Jim  Bob Duggar is smart. He knows how to manipulate a situation. Kate never seemed all that intelligent. Jim Bob has side businesses and was even in government for a time. Kate has done nothing but birth out 6 kids at once.

I might be persuaded to watch an hour of Jon Gosselin being a "DJ", just for the opportunity to laugh my ass off. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

The Duggar kids married young and immediately started producing more cute babies for people to look at. And even with that, Counting On seems horribly boring to me. Watching Maddy Gosselin go to class and roll her eyes at everything and everyone holds no appeal for me.

Plus, Jim  Bob Duggar is smart. He knows how to manipulate a situation. Kate never seemed all that intelligent. Jim Bob has side businesses and was even in government for a time. Kate has done nothing but birth out 6 kids at once.

I might be persuaded to watch an hour of Jon Gosselin being a "DJ", just for the opportunity to laugh my ass off. 

As Reality TV goes, if you watched an hour, for whatever reason, they got you.  Laugh your ass off.  They took your money and time.

Edited by gingerormaryann
  • Love 3
On 1/7/2020 at 9:35 AM, Kellyee said:

PREACH! I'm hardly a Kate fan and Jon may be more pleasant to be around (if one had to be around either of them)/the lesser of two evils, but he can miss me with this on-going fame-whoring, too. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 8
On 1/28/2020 at 11:32 AM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

PREACH! I'm hardly a Kate fan and Jon may be more pleasant to be around (if one had to be around either of them)/the lesser of two evils, but he can miss me with this on-going fame-whoring, too. 

I get this.   But the courts have a choice between the two parents the kids have, not the two parents you wish they had.   This is basically a choice between the parent who smokes mj and the parent who does meth.   Neither is great for the kids to be around.   

Since they have to be with one of them, I would rather it be Jon.   The bashing of their mother is not great, but let's be realistic, these kids are old enough to know the truth for themselves.   It's not like Jon is telling lies about her.

• Love 12

I will forgive Jon every stupid, assholish, selfish, childish thing he has done for ONE reason.

He rescued Collin and is trying to give that kid a chance at a happy life with family and love. 

Kate has alienated Collin not only from herself, but from the other kids as well.  She sent him away for, IMO, was normal troubled child behavior.  She is selfish and, again IMO, has succeeded in parental alienation regarding Jon and the other kids.  Nothing Jon did was worth his kids turning against him except that Kate made it so. 

• Love 23

He rescued Collin and is trying to give that kid a chance at a happy life with family and love. 

For Collin's sake I want this to be true. But Jon's history as a father is lousy, and he can't blame it all on Kate. He dropped the ball a long time ago.

And his continual pandering to the media is horrible. He needs to withdraw those children and their issues from the spotlight, settle down and get a real job. He's wasted a lot of career time bouncing around and he will have to play catch up. I don't think he has the maturity to do it. We'll see.

• Love 8

I just realized something -- PA has a pretty restrictive stay at home order.   Which means Kate is stuck at home with all her little angels (except the 2 Jon has), trying to homeschool them and keep order.   Of course, she is a nurse, but do you think she is going back to work and deal with actual sick people at this time?   Where SHE might get infected?   It is to laugh.   Nope she is cooped up with all those kids.    Bwahahahahahahahaha.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Considering the size of the mansion Kate bought, and all of the acres of land, I think it's going just fine for her.  I'm sure not getting her hair done every day is a burden, but I'm sure everything else is just like always for her.   

• Love 1

TLC is having all the personalities as part of a PSA for corona virus, social isolation and it’s been running all Sunday night. Everyone in it but no Kate. I’m sure she hates that. 😜

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Kate, you're still a heinous witch. How many birthdays did Collin spend in a drugged out stupor in an institution?

At least Jon is honest about not seeing some of his kids.

• Love 13
On 5/10/2020 at 9:36 PM, lb60 said:

Kate, you're still a heinous witch. How many birthdays did Collin spend in a drugged out stupor in an institution?

At least Jon is honest about not seeing some of his kids.

And Jon at least mentions them all by name, rather than the "hershey kisses" Kate did (what they were called because they were born in Hershey Medical Center)--she objectifies her kids, imo.

• Love 9
On 7/5/2020 at 7:56 AM, ginger90 said:

Looks like they’re having fun at the Jersey shore, but is that Kate at the bar behind them😀😛?

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, Adiba said:

Looks like they’re having fun at the Jersey shore, but is that Kate at the bar behind them😀😛?

If it were Kate, Steve would be with her, and she'd have a bikini on to show off the "girls". 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

For all Jon's whining about the pandemic and how Kate should be working as a nurse to help out, Jon is running around the Jersey Shore, where COVID cases have been increasing at a rapid pace, with no mask and lots of various people, plus his two kids. Kate is awful, but Jon is a famewhore asshole who can't get enough public attention. I have heard from many people how bad the social distancing is on the boardwalks and in the outdoor restaurants at the shore. Jon's not all that concerned about the pandemic.

• Love 6

Collin burned Kate good with this Mother's Day message to Jon's girlfriend.  He totally left out Kate:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8706575/Collin-Gosselin-doing-better-leaving-boarding-school-dad-Jon.html#comments

Collin's negative feelings toward his mother were put on display (by omission) in a Mother's Day post in which he praised his father's girlfriend Colleen for being an 'awesome mother figure' and one of his 'best friends,' while not even mentioning his own mother.

Click on link above for full post.

• Love 5
On 9/19/2019 at 3:46 PM, Rescue Mama said:

I believe every word Jon says.  What's weird to me though is that she abused Hannah. She never tried to hide that Hannah was her favorite.  I guess she didn't take Kate's crap like the other kids did. 

I wouldn't put it past Kate to have told them "you want to be poor?" If you choose Jon, you will be poor.  I understand Mady staying with Kate - but not Cara. I think she was influenced by Mady to stay. I hope when they both mature a bit, they hear Jon out.  Same for the others.

• Love 4

Collin accused Jon of physical abuse. It sounds like it was one specific incident last month. There was an investigation but it doesn’t sound like Jon will face charges. 

Eta: The people.com article is apparently an exclusive interview with Kate about the situation. The other articles I saw mostly quoted from the People article. 

https://people.com/tv/kate-gosselin-son-collin-gosselin-accuses-dad-jon-gosselin-physical-abuse-investigation/

Edited by EVS
2 hours ago, EVS said:

Collin accused Jon of physical abuse. It sounds like it was one specific incident last month. There was an investigation but it doesn’t sound like Jon will face charges. 

Eta: The people.com article is apparently an exclusive interview with Kate about the situation. The other articles I saw mostly quoted from the People article. 

https://people.com/tv/kate-gosselin-son-collin-gosselin-accuses-dad-jon-gosselin-physical-abuse-investigation/

1 hour ago, justduckey said:

This is a surprising turn of events. I had higher hopes for Jon as the decent parent.

Yes, I am very sad and shocked. Collin seemed so happy with Jon.  I'm always going to think Jon is the better parent than Kate and personally believe that she has abused the kids before.  So she is just happily jumping on this and trying to turn it to her favor.  If this is true, I hate both of them and feel very bad and sad for these poor kids. 

• Love 2

I was really shocked and bummed to see this. I had high hopes that Collin and Hannah were thriving in their new blended family, especially with their stepmother Colleen. Although if I have learned just one thing out of life, it is that NO ONE knows what really goes on behind closed doors.

• Love 6

Honestly I believe Hannah is staying strong until she turns 18 and can do her own thing. I think Jon is probably the lesser of two evils. I wonder if this will affect her living situation. Maybe Collin is in emergency foster care until the investigation clears? Just an awful situation. 

• Love 3

People, of course. Kate Coyne loves Kate Gosselin more than Kate Gosselin loves herself.

• Love 3