Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: Business Classy

• Start Topic

I long for the day when I need to face the consequences of flying business class.

19 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I wonder if the woman who, when she was a young girl, said, while standing behind Jenna, at Knott’s Berry Farm, “Eww. Look at her skin” recognizes herself.

I wonder if Erin has an alibi for that day.....

• Fire 1
  • LOL 19

The women (Ubah, Erin, Jessel, Brynn) allegedly have money. So I would be pissed at Sai for lying about only coach being available.

What's even worse, they could all have flown First Class to St. Maarten and then hop the 25 minute ferry to Anguilla

OR

They could all have flown First Class to Miami, and then chartered a flight direct to Anguilla.

I was disappointed we didn't get our weekly Food-Gate.

Had I been there, I would have said what's up with serving fucking tacos, Sai? Anguilla is Caribbean - where's the fried fish, oxtail, plantains?

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

2) I was hearing about a pile up in past posts.. and what I saw wasn't a pile up at all.  Shannon Beador, Lisa Vanderpump, Denise Richards etc.. they were ganged up on... but Jenna was not in this episode in my opinion.

3) I like the Jenna solo scene with her brother... as well as Brynn's solo scene with her brother... plus the brief vignettes of Jessel and hubby and Erin and hubby.   More of this please (and I seem to prefer watching the flashback scenes that are shown that we haven't seen vs the actual scene we're seeing in person.

4) Erin repeated the coach comment to the group... no different then Jenna repeating Jessel's comment to Erin or repeating Erin's comment to Sai.  This is housewife 101.

5) Brynn is 100 % on the money about Jenna in terms of the baby voice, using her condition for sympathy, etc... probably because Brynn does the same thing... and Jenna does come off as elitist.. just as much as Jessel does yet she gets a pass by viewers.  Double standard at work..imho.

I like Jenna.. but I'm not drinking the kool aid and will call out her shady behavior just as much as the other women.

The resentment between the other women and Jenna has been building.  She has ditched them before.  It comes off as if her only purpose on the show is to pimp her products.  And I can see where the others would be annoyed that they are being used as marketers.  Jenna posting on IG what she gave them - is tacky.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, inandout said:

The resentment between the other women and Jenna has been building.  She has ditched them before.  It comes off as if her only purpose on the show is to pimp her products.  And I can see where the others would be annoyed that they are being used as marketers.  Jenna posting on IG what she gave them - is tacky.

But Sia making a whole career out of doing the exact same thing isn’t?

it literally is branding tho and started waaaaay back with Bethany.. that’s what these ladies do … the difference is she is just giving these girls these things FOR free she isn’t asking or telling them to post about it .. but they ALL brand .. they wouldn’t be on this show if they didn’t want to expand their brand (whatever that might be) to a wider audience 

and you know darn well Sia promised to pimp the hell out of that property and to get it coverage on a national tv show 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 8
11 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But Sai is hanging out with the other women, revealing things about her past, and is upfront for the most part about her job being an influencer.  I think it's shady as all out.. but at least she owns it.

Jenna, on the other hand, isn't being upfront and being kind of shady. 

1 minute ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

But Sai is hanging out with the other women, revealing things about her past, and is upfront for the most part about her job being an influencer.  I think it's shady as all out.. but at least she owns it.

Jenna, on the other hand, isn't being upfront and being kind of shady. 

What has Jenna not revealed?? I mean when she’s not being told what she’s telling them doesn’t matter? 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4

I’d much rather keep getting bags of free products vs everyone being expected to sit through repeated long winded presentations of the tequila you’re selling like Kathy Hilton on Beverly Hills kept doing. 

Jenna’s got snob tendencies, but she was very chill about those ladies going through her closet and wearing her clothes. She didn’t act obnoxious about only being served caviar at Erin’s. And she may have called the room she was left with ‘charming,’ but she didn’t seem to throw a shrill fit over being stuck in the lower level. So, her brand of snobbery doesn’t seem to bother me as much as the others. 

• Like 20
  • Love 4

I've watched every episode and given this show far more though than it deserves.

My takeaway so far is that these women are all assholes (as are most people who would choose to be on one of these shows this many years into it).

Erin is by far the biggest asshole and the least trustworthy. She is not a victim of editing. She just sucks.

Editing does control much of what we see, and though I like Jenna best of these women so far, I do not buy that she is as innocent as she plays it (see: manipulative baby voice and the fact that she is part of this franchise).

As for giftgate, lord help me, I checked out Jenna's insta and they were in fact lovely gift bags with many nice items, but at least two were direct collabs and I do not buy for a second that she had nothing to gain from the other items. She *may* have forgotten what was in the bags because I'm sure that after she packed the first one for the camera, the multitude of other bags were packed by an assistant/niece/godchild/child/friend.

I think that Jenna tends to be careful about what she says/reveals to these harpies, and may have said more than she should have to Erin based on being medicated and Erin *seeming* nice. Or, it was a planned storyline.

I know I'm supposed to, but I still don't hate Brynn.

I think there are some other people on the show.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

it literally is branding tho and started waaaaay back with Bethany.. that’s what these ladies do … the difference is she is just giving these girls these things FOR free she isn’t asking or telling them to post about it .. but they ALL brand .. they wouldn’t be on this show if they didn’t want to expand their brand (whatever that might be) to a wider audience 

and you know darn well Sia promised to pimp the hell out of that property and to get it coverage on a national tv show 

This proves my point - that there is a double standard when it comes to Jenna.  She's been elevated to sainthood where she can do no wrong.  BORING. 

Because viewers have always complained when there is an over abundance of product promotion by HWs.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I don't see a point being proven. I don't care about Jenna and I certainly don't think she's a "saint" (who here even said that?). I see people on the show being weirdo petty dicks to her though. And I see people here calling that out -- which is not synonymous with saying "Jenna is a saint." 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 17
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, inandout said:

This proves my point - that there is a double standard when it comes to Jenna.  She's been elevated to sainthood where she can do no wrong.  BORING. 

Because viewers have always complained when there is an over abundance of product promotion by HWs.

there is no saint hood .. Jenna didnt ask them to do anything .. thats the point Sia is asking to be paid ... Jenna is just giving gifts shes NOT telling them hey post this .... if they do they do ....

these girls are the one putting the ulterior motive on it ... NOTHING has been shown that even hints thats what Jenna was doing

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 10
  • Applause 2
10 hours ago, Pi237 said:

I’d much rather keep getting bags of free products vs everyone being expected to sit through repeated long winded presentations of the tequila you’re selling like Kathy Hilton on Beverly Hills kept doing. 

Jenna’s got snob tendencies, but she was very chill about those ladies going through her closet and wearing her clothes. She didn’t act obnoxious about only being served caviar at Erin’s. And she may have called the room she was left with ‘charming,’ but she didn’t seem to throw a shrill fit over being stuck in the lower level. So, her brand of snobbery doesn’t seem to bother me as much as the others. 

The best, most memorable HW's who have lasted, are those who are messy, chaotic, who lack self-awareness - who are pretentious and Flawed - but who can bring the fun and crazy.

Jenna is too perfect. She can do no wrong.  Makes for a BORING HW.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
Just now, inandout said:

The best, most memorable HW's who have lasted, are those who are messy, chaotic, who lack self-awareness - who are pretentious and Flawed - but who can bring the fun and crazy.

Jenna is too perfect. She can do no wrong.  Makes for a BORING HW.

No one is saying Jenna is perfect .... shes being attacked and we are responding to what we are shown ....

Shes being told she doesn't open up when she has opened up the most on this show with her past her health issues her work her life ... then gets crapped on with oh dont try to make excuses .....  what else can she do?

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

there is no saint hood .. Jenna didnt ask them to do anything .. thats the point Sia is asking to be paid ... Jenna is just giving gifts shes NOT telling them hey post this .... if they do they do ....

these girls are the one putting the ulterior motive on it ... NOTHING has been shown that even hints thats what Jenna was doing

Jenna can do no wrong.  Everyone is ALWAYS at fault.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

This whole batch is boring* (and not to belabor this, but I see only one person here saying that Jenna can do no wrong). Also, just as examples, I thought that if she left Erin's house without saying goodbye, that was kind of douchey. I also wondered why she wouldn't just say that she wanted to fly first class by herself (because, please, like the others wouldn't understand that kind of thing). And I kind of semi-side-eyed when she referred to decorating the Xmas tree with her kid an "event" (I mean, semantically, it is an event, and who really cares, but why not just say so?). Still, though, whatever, who even cares? These things don't erase the fact that the others are assholes to her. 

*I personally also think it's boring if everyone is "chaotic." And "best," "most memorable," and whatever superlatives are opinions, not facts. They vary.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Finally sat and watched a full episode (almost). So we’re making fun of peoples genetic disorders now? Cool move Bravo. After making us endure all the wokeness and canceling after the Leah and Ebony seasons I thought we were better than that. Guess not. 

• Like 14
2 minutes ago, inandout said:

I think it's more an issue of the others being bigger assholes than Jenna; she seems better by comparison. imo. So far, IIRC, the most offensive thing she's done is trying to leave Erin's Hamptons house without telling anyone, which, yes, is rude, but, imo, not as bad as Jessel's incessant whining, Sai and her food issues, Brynn flirtiing with the "groom" and "father of the bride" at a vow ceremony, and Erin's shit stirring. She's one of the lesser evils in the group (so far)

It's fairly obvious that Bravo does not listen to or care about the viewers and what we want and don't want on these shows.  Viewers complained about Bethenny and her gratuitous product placement, so what do they do? Replace the entire cast with influencers.  

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I find the most popular housewives get boring for me because they're always derailing conversations by being the Loudest, the Angriest, etc. I know that's reality tv's bread and butter, but when its all drama, all the time..I tend to tune out because its almost stressful to me. But I realize, of course, I'm in the minority. And an hour of good manners and 'you're so pretty! You're my bestie' would bore me to tears, as well. Guess Im never happy. lol But I prefer someone who is mostly polite to someone working super hard to create a following. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Jenna is the most New York to me. She’s had the good career, has the apartment, the closet and the shoes. She’s not a saint but she seems to be making an effort.  I’ll take a gift box of collab goodies! As far as sharing, she’s shared quite a bit. 
I find her relatable as the thought of going on an overnight trip with a group of women horrifies me. At a former workplace, years ago I was a temp. The entire workplace had to go to a retreat and everyone had to share rooms. I was elated that the temps weren’t invited. What an awful thing to do to people. 
I admit I don’t believe in or follow influencers. I find it irritating that Sai and Brynn don’t have real jobs yet shit on Jenna for promoting some products. 
Jessel was too calm about Pavit announcing his Vietnam break from his family. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

UGH, what a disappointment.  Other than Jenna, I just think they’re all assholes at this point - selfish and egotistical.  

I realized something more “big picture”, though…

NONE of these shows will ever be the same since RH franchises became a SHILL MILL and those shilling opportunities became an even bigger draw for potential cast members than the paycheck and benefits to their thirsty egos.  

Authenticity is out the window, and even moreso is any potential for genuine friendships, which was what most of us loved the most about the early years.  

The ONLY reason any part of me wants to watch this show anymore is to see the city - and we’re not even getting much of that.  

Edited by CallmeCray
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:
I find her relatable as the thought of going on an overnight trip with a group of women horrifies me. At a former workplace, years ago I was a temp. The entire workplace had to go to a retreat and everyone had to share a room. I was elated that the temps weren’t invited. What an awful thing to do to people. 

I agree!! Especially when you’re older, or have health challenges..you’re not wanting to romp around in pretty lingerie— on tv yet!  You want to wash your face off, put that hair up, get your comfy pjs with the holes in them, etc Not have a camera and drunk , screechy women in your room lol 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

What has Jenna not revealed?? I mean when she’s not being told what she’s telling them doesn’t matter? 

It does seem really odd that she's accused of not opening up etc. in an ep where she talks all about a lifelong condition that includes dirty-looking skin, bald spots and that painful looking gruesome photo of her teeth.

It just seemed like they were working hard to create more of a story than there was. Like, fine if you roll your eyes at her giving gifts that were collabs, but her explanation for why she came down 2 days early wasn't half as strange as it was being made out to be. It wasn't several excuses, none of which added up. She just listed several things (some more minor than others) that interfered with her doing the tanning time earlier. Since there's plenty of evidence for the skin condition and she did tan and did have a brutal dental appointment...what's the secret she's supposed to be hiding? 

• Like 13
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

It does seem really odd that she's accused of not opening up etc. in an ep where she talks all about a lifelong condition that includes dirty-looking skin, bald spots and that painful looking gruesome photo of her teeth.

It just seemed like they were working hard to create more of a story than there was. Like, fine if you roll your eyes at her giving gifts that were collabs, but her explanation for why she came down 2 days early wasn't half as strange as it was being made out to be. It wasn't several excuses, none of which added up. She just listed several things (some more minor than others) that interfered with her doing the tanning time earlier. Since there's plenty of evidence for the skin condition and she did tan and did have a brutal dental appointment...what's the secret she's supposed to be hiding? 

I feel like these girls want her to be fake and do a information dumb all at once like they should hand her a questionnaire so they ALL get the information .. im like thats not how friendships work there is a natural flow esp with some one like Jenna where they get comfortable around you and naturally tell you things (like shes been doing) .... these women want ammunition to use against you they dont wanna know cause they are interested they want to know in case they can find a weak spot to attack you with 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I feel like these girls want her to be fake and do a information dumb all at once like they should hand her a questionnaire so they ALL get the information .. im like thats not how friendships work there is a natural flow esp with some one like Jenna where they get comfortable around you and naturally tell you things (like shes been doing) .... these women want ammunition to use against you they dont wanna know cause they are interested they want to know in case they can find a weak spot to attack you with 

Also it seemed like pushing when she didn't have a bad reaction to the bedroom she was given (since she hadn't yet seen the others to know they'd given her the smallest/least fancy one) so tried to suggest that she was calling it "charming" as code for "a dump."

I mean, maybe she didn't like the room, but she didn't throw a tantrum so you can't really get her on anything for that.

• Like 17
  • Love 2

I really wish that after Jenna arrived at the house, she had informed the ladies that she was actually staying at the hotel. That would have been priceless.

Like many others, Jenna is the only reason I am watching now. She has certainly shared as much of her life as others have. And in the case of some of the others, their stories change. At Brynnsgiving, Brynn shared that she has siblings that she has nothing to do with. But this episode, we see her with her brother, who she says she sees every Christmas in LA. And have we ever seen Brynn work? When she said in one TH an episode or two ago that she would have no problem going through a man's pockets (or maybe it was wallet, can't remember) it certainly gave me an image of what she might do. She has done nothing since then to erase that image. Still waiting......

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Okay here is my take... I like Jenna. I don't like the other girls. But to me, Jenna is using her skin condition as an excuse, when she really just did not want to fly coach. Period. Talking about her skin condition will always get her sympathy/ a pass ---and anyone who wouldn't sympathize with that would be seen as insensitive. And mind you, I'm sure it does deserve sympathy. But she really did not want to fly coach, she had her assistant look up another flight, and that was that. She was being disingenuous and a little shady, and the other girls sniffed that out. 

Edited by Aim123
Thought of more things
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 9/4/2023 at 3:08 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Ubah trashed Jenna. I forget her exact words, but it was something like "screw Jenna." Her back was to camera, and it was only one sentence, but she did participate in the pile on. 

What did Brynn say to her brother? I tuned that entire segment out.

She also said, "Jenna can suck my dick." How charming.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 8
20 hours ago, ichbin said:

She hits me that way too and I totally agree about that outfit. On the one hand she is quick to broadcast her humble beginnings but on the other she seems to be a terrible snob regarding anything not currently considered to be prestige. She has yet to show me anything even slightly resembling an interesting personality.

I wrote during the Hamptons episode that I wouldn't vibe with Sai in real life. Sai is new money and it shows. To slightly paraphrase Fran Leibowitz, "[she's] a poor person's idea of a rich person." The gaudy unflattering outfits, bringing her own toilet paper to Erin's, packing an entire closet's worth of clothes for a 3 day trip, etc. 

Luann also came from humble beginnings, although I don't think she was poor, and she went overboard with the pretension once she married well and moved into influential circles, but at least Lu leaned into The Countess and had fun with it. Sai, to use New York slang, is deadass (serious) with her pretentiousness. 

On 9/5/2023 at 10:28 AM, SweetieDarling said:

I think it's more an issue of the others being bigger assholes than Jenna; she seems better by comparison. imo. So far, IIRC, the most offensive thing she's done is trying to leave Erin's Hamptons house without telling anyone, which, yes, is rude, but, imo, not as bad as Jessel's incessant whining, Sai and her food issues, Brynn flirtiing with the "groom" and "father of the bride" at a vow ceremony, and Erin's shit stirring. She's one of the lesser evils in the group (so far)

I agree. I like Jenna, and she's the only face I recognized anyway. She's the least asshole-y one out of the bunch. Ubah is in a close second, but she didn't come across well in this episode. While I'm sure the collaboration items are lovely, I can see why the gifts veer slightly towards tacky because they're probably products that she has lying around her apartment, so she isn't putting much thought into gifting them. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

These women (except Jenna) are all cackling hags.

So Sai wants Jenna to pay her to post her products, but we haven't heard Jenna ask anyone to post about it on social media. She's literally just giving them stuff.

I defended Erin during the beginning of the season but she was horrible this episode.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
On 9/5/2023 at 10:15 AM, TattleTeeny said:

This whole batch is boring* (and not to belabor this, but I see only one person here saying that Jenna can do no wrong). Also, just as examples, I thought that if she left Erin's house without saying goodbye, that was kind of douchey. I also wondered why she wouldn't just say that she wanted to fly first class by herself (because, please, like the others wouldn't understand that kind of thing). And I kind of semi-side-eyed when she referred to decorating the Xmas tree with her kid an "event" (I mean, semantically, it is an event, and who really cares, but why not just say so?). Still, though, whatever, who even cares? These things don't erase the fact that the others are assholes to her. 

*I personally also think it's boring if everyone is "chaotic." And "best," "most memorable," and whatever superlatives are opinions, not facts. They vary.

They really are just horribly boring. Even worse, they don't make me laugh. RHONY has historically been one of the funnier franchises, but these women are almost entirely humorless. Such a bummer. Jenna is at least interesting, but Jessel probably comes the closest to making me actually laugh. She's ridiculous in a way that I can almost appreciate. 

• Like 5

Sometimes Jessel's face when she is being ridiculous makes me think that she not only knows what she's doing, but that she thinks it's funny to do. It's sort of like an almost starting to laugh face as if she's thinking "let's see what happens if..." Of couse, I have no baseline details to use as a...well, a baseline, but if that's the case, I like her. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 9/3/2023 at 10:51 PM, For Cereals said:

I’ve not seen this yet at all.  She’s never pulled an “I’m up here and you’re down here.” I’ve seen the others be rude (Sai) and haughty (Jessel).  

That was really shitty of Erin.  Of course she twisted Jenna’s words all out of context.  Also, coach sucks especially if you’re tall.  Seems like they would all be understanding about that and they all have the means.  So what if it’s a girls’ trip.  I don’t need to see you every moment.

And I’m tired of the complaints about the collabs.  Please give me free shit.  Sai, you make a living from free shit.  And. What. Does. Brynn. Even. Do?

Jenna seems like at least she has manners and I love her style (home and clothing).  Of all of them, she has the most interesting story and has been kind to everyone and seems vulnerable.  Erin/Sai/Brynn seem to be the most petty.  For an influencer, Sai has horrid fashion a lot of the time.  Who is she influencing?  I want to try Ubah's sauces but WAY to much $$.  3 for $60.  No thanks.  It will eventually end up at Big Lots.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
On 9/4/2023 at 5:37 AM, Pi237 said:

The gift bags Jenna gave them had other items in them that she’s not involved in, right?  Who cares if she thinks you might advertise for her? If you don’t want to, just take the gifts, say thanks, and Don’t post about it.

-“I get Paid to do that!”  I still can’t believe that’s a job that pays enough to live as she does. Im not impressed with Sai’s style or personality at all. I’m surprised she’s so popular online. 

Jenna is a bit of column A and B. She’s insecure and awkward being in this group of, in her eyes, ‘perfect skin and bodies and teeth’,’ but she’s also a bit uppity about wanting all the comforts her money affords her.  I can’t really blame her for that. She just tells too many details, so it comes off insincere. She does that nervous talking thing, where she says too much, too fast. I think it’s mostly her social awkwardness coupled with wanting what she wants and not expecting to compromise. 

but really, they’re All snobs-that room they all made fun of? There was nothing wrong with it except it didn’t have a huge bathroom attached to it. 

She is 55 and I think it's less about being uppity and more already having paid dues and wanting to be comfortable and all that entails.  I am turning 55 Monday and I am not up for anything where I am uncomfortable, literally or figuratively.   

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I defended Erin during the beginning of the season but she was horrible this episode.

Same here, she started the season as a favorite but she is not ending the season that way.

6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

You mean like the penis museum where Aviva had a party for her creepy father?

Well, it’s been a rough couple of days and I had too much wine, so if Aviva’s creepy dad shows up in my dreams, I am blaming you….😛😳

• Wink 2
  • LOL 10
On 9/3/2023 at 10:53 PM, inandout said:

Saint Jenna has been put on a pedestal and getting the "she can do no wrong" edit.   While the others are slammed as villains for speaking their mind, instead of bowing to her greatness, lol.

I find Jenna pretty boring as a HW.  She doesn't bring that much to the show.  This cast isn't even that difficult.  Can you imagine if she had to go against the women of OG RHONY.

I just don’t get their beef. Especially about not sharing. I feel I know her best out of them all. 
we know, and so do they, that she:

was outed by a tabloid

has a health condition that has led to scarring, no eyelashes, teeth surgery, etc

had a rough relationship with her mother 

actual name is Judith and her brother called her Jenna-talia (Sai blabbed this)

just had a breakup and her ex didn’t like her being on tv

So she’s shared deeply personal and sometimes traumatic stories. But they still bleat on about her not sharing. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I really don't understand why Jenna's brother called her "Jennatalia" if her name wasn't already Jenna. 

I can speak authoritatively as one who has one, brothers suck 😀

• LOL 13
41 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I really don't understand why Jenna's brother called her "Jennatalia" if her name wasn't already Jenna. 

I think he was simply calling her "genitalia" as a teen age boy burn.  and then it stuck to Jenna.  I have brothers and a son, its on brand for them 

• Like 2