Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: Business Classy

• Start Topic

Saint Jenna has been put on a pedestal and getting the "she can do no wrong" edit.   While the others are slammed as villains for speaking their mind, instead of bowing to her greatness, lol.

I find Jenna pretty boring as a HW.  She doesn't bring that much to the show.  This cast isn't even that difficult.  Can you imagine if she had to go against the women of OG RHONY.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
5 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

For speaking their mind that was a str8 up pile on that was vicious that wasn’t speaking their mind that was Bully behavior with Erin as the smiling Regina George standing in the hall has all hell breaks lose around her 

You must be new to HW.  This was actually nothing - compared to what we've seen with other shows in the franchise. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
23 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

That was nothing? That was nasty telling a woman that her skin condition doesn’t matter? You want us to cry for you being abandoned but you are gonna tell someone else their life long struggle isn’t an excuse? Nothing about that scene should be normalized people don’t treat people like that that’s not normal .. it’s not ok in real day to day life and it’s definitely not ok on a “reality” show .. 

But where was the defense for Jessel when she opened up about not having sex - and she was mocked for it.  Where was the sensitivity that she was a new mother, who went through IVF, which is not easy.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

As an introvert and seeing Jenna on screen...I can understand why people are uncomfortable around us..because we are awkward and can't read a room...and Jenna does give off a better than everyone else vibe.  She, like myself, isn't able to hide it so sadly she becomes a target for others.

She didn't want to do the show but Andy kept wanting her to do the show.  Since he's a mean person..we know why he was so intent having her on the show.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

I don’t usually watch this because my initial reaction to the first couple of shows was that I don’t like these women.  Watched it tonight and my first impression was on target.  Except for Jenna, these are horrible women.

• Like 15
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2

What a horribly, sad disease Jenna has. All those operations  on her teeth, the scars on her body. I totally  would  have gone a few days earlier to tan. I always  get a spray tan, because  my legs are scarred. Traveling  coach, yuck. It's cramped.  I'd  fly first class if I could, oh yeah. I suppose  this will be a thing all of the vacation. Jenna I'd willingly  take the gifts you offered,  what ungrateful  women. Donate it, if you don't like it.Sheesh.

Jessel, you get to go away, then so can your husband, you're not special, nag nag nag.

• Like 20
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, inandout said:

But where was the defense for Jessel when she opened up about not having sex - and she was mocked for it.  Where was the sensitivity that she was a new mother, who went through IVF, which is not easy.

Personally too me, no one was "mocking" Jessel .......

comparing a genetic disorder that this woman has had to deal with her WHOLE life that physically scars her with patches of skin miscolored and actually scarred skin and having no eyelashes (and was probably made fun of her entire life which leads to emotional scares itself) being told ITS NOT a real issue to Jessal not having time because of kids to be able to fuck her husband for a year is apple and oranges 

Jessel wants to have sex with her husband and can but they haven't been able to sync up to actually do it and they accepted that and no one mocked her IVF journey NOT one of those girls .. did they say not having sex that long was ODD YES, but they actually rallied around her and said let’s get you laid by your husband they didn't tell her how shit she was to her face or that she wasn't a real wife for not having sex with him or basically grinding her into the ground…

Jenna gets told her condition isn’t a valid excuse and mocked and dragged and told she’s a bad person  told she isn’t a real friend basically and talked about mercilessly behind her back about how odd and weird she is and her gifts are her being “fake” .. you can’t defend that mean girl behavior it’s not even on the same level … they were hyping each other up at that table to attack her before she got there saying they don’t care about her etc etc when she came in …..that was a level of nasty that those woman should have grown out of 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 16
  • Applause 8

Why didn't Jenna just get a spray tan in NY? One of her excuses was because a friend got a new puppy?

Jenna walking thru Rockefeller Plaza telling him how she revitalized the retail business in that area made me wonder how and why her? Certainly there must have been a committee of sorts, she made it sound like she just lured in retailers because of her wanting them to...sounded a little braggy.

I get Jenna has anxieties about a girls trip, the last one did not go well for her (she needed a comfort zone so she went to her own house for a night) and now she is in Anguilla so getting there two days prior to the others makes her feel settled in, tan and ready to deal with the others and tells them all about her insecurities about her body and she gets no empathy, I hope she brought gifts.

How does Brynn pay her bills?

Jessel's husband said he has to use an airline ticket or lose it, so he picks the furthest away place for three days but travels two days to get there and two to fly home?  Jessel questions everything about that except for why he has a ticket he has to use up but she does not, what kind of traveling is he doing without her on a regular basis?

Erin just showed her true colors, I hope Jenna learns from this and won't share anything else with her.

Maybe if we are lucky this trip will be Scary Island 2.0!

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

The gift bags Jenna gave them had other items in them that she’s not involved in, right?  Who cares if she thinks you might advertise for her? If you don’t want to, just take the gifts, say thanks, and Don’t post about it.

-“I get Paid to do that!”  I still can’t believe that’s a job that pays enough to live as she does. Im not impressed with Sai’s style or personality at all. I’m surprised she’s so popular online. 

Jenna is a bit of column A and B. She’s insecure and awkward being in this group of, in her eyes, ‘perfect skin and bodies and teeth’,’ but she’s also a bit uppity about wanting all the comforts her money affords her.  I can’t really blame her for that. She just tells too many details, so it comes off insincere. She does that nervous talking thing, where she says too much, too fast. I think it’s mostly her social awkwardness coupled with wanting what she wants and not expecting to compromise. 

but really, they’re All snobs-that room they all made fun of? There was nothing wrong with it except it didn’t have a huge bathroom attached to it. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

How does Brynn pay her bills?

Did we ever figure out what she does for work/money? She made it sound like she grew up in poverty, but there was no pulling-herself-up-by-the-boot-straps explanation of how she got to where she is financially. Is she Bethenny 2.0, with men paying for her rent and lifestyle?

• Like 12
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
Just now, SweetieDarling said:

Did we ever figure out what she does for work/money? She made it sound like she grew up in poverty, but there was no pulling-herself-up-by-the-boot-straps explanation of how she got to where she is financially. Is she Bethenny 2.0, with men paying for her rent and lifestyle?

we haven't seen any other side to Brynn other then flirting ... like telling Jenna she needs to be more open when we haven't even seen anything real about brynns life is just weird .. your parents abandoned you and you flirt non stop that's all we know .. what do you do for work where do you live how do you interact and make all that happen? crickets

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why didn't Jenna just get a spray tan in NY?

Some people are concerned with the chemicals in spray tans. And, on some (Brynn included) spray tans alone make one look incredibly orange. 

None of them were at all affected by Jenna flying down two days early. They used it as a reason to gossip & pick on her. It was like watching middle schoolers in action.

Am I only one linking Jessel's lack of matrimonial sex and her husband's urgent desire to go by himself to Vietnam? Hmmm. 

Edited by snarts
  • Like 18
  • LOL 4

I am not going to go too hard on Erin for spilling the business class story for several reasons:

1. Jenna has not stepped up to defend Erin when Brynn tries to score a point against Erin.

2. Erin was someone who was going to be stuck in coach.

3. The story was not told in private. Lights and cameras were there recording. Even if Erin had not told the story the others would see it televised, most likely before the reunion and Erin would have to explain why she had kept this quiet. Erin is trying to become part of the group,

There seems to be some effort to marginalize both Jenna and Erin. Jealousy? Brynn’s comment about the skin condition being a cop-out was disgusting. Brynn is slimy snd an ignoramus.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

OK then. No one here has bestowed a “do no wrong” saint status on Jenna; they’ve just said that the others are dicks. And what means nothing is your comparison—previous people’s worse behavior doesn’t automatically negate these assholes’ actions.

And haha, no—KWCK is not “new to HW” (as if that’s a character flaw) and makes some of the most insightful and observant posts in these forums. 

Sai is such a douchebag. I am not sure why she bugs me the most of all of them. And her outfit on WWHL was stupid—and I don’t even mean the avant garde crazy “cage” of it all; it was the ordinary bike shorts under it that didn’t work. 

that was incredibly sweet of you to say 

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Erin is a mean girl OMFG ... she leaves out she was laughing and was wanting to fly with Jenna .... she says Jenna  doesnt know how to be in a girl friend group then proceeds to throw her under the bus I guess to show her what a great bonding experience it is being in a girl friend group ... ugh she can kick rocks 

And Brynn she was telling you about her skin condition and pigment and scar problem and you told her it wasn't an excuse cause YOU didn't see anything wrong with her .... GIRL you dont look at her body like she does you dont see what she doesnt want you to see ... YOU are a pile of shit for that 

Production:  Erin, you shall be the backstabbing Tamara of the group.  You will get extra screen time.

Erin:  I hear and obey.   Or I’m just an asshole.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 13
6 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

we haven't seen any other side to Brynn other then flirting ... like telling Jenna she needs to be more open when we haven't even seen anything real about brynns life is just weird .. your parents abandoned you and you flirt non stop that's all we know .. what do you do for work where do you live how do you interact and make all that happen? crickets

I’m a little confused on which episodes I have watched but the one where it was her birthday or something and she wore the backless dress and every time a new housewife walked in she turned so they could see her back. It was very strange it’s like she wanted them to say something, but no one really did if I remember correctly. Sometimes I’m not watching as closely as I should. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

And haha, no—KWCK is not “new to HW”

How many of us would LOVE be on one of the commentary shows for these things where we sit on the couch w KWCK and observe/comment on scenes.

It would be a blast!

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
6 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I’m a little confused on which episodes I have watched but the one where it was her birthday or something and she wore the backless dress and every time a new housewife walked in she turned so they could see her back. It was very strange it’s like she wanted them to say something, but no one really did if I remember correctly. Sometimes I’m not watching as closely as I should. 

yea that was Brynnsgiving 

• LOL 1

Watching now.  I understand Jenna's concerns with showing so much skin.  I too have a genetic disorder, and, even when people aren't trying to be mean, they say things that can cut pretty deep when they notice the differences.  I also have very good hearing so I hear the comments even when people think they won't be heard.

Remember when Bravo would fly them 1st class?  It was part of showing off opulence.  This time they flew coach.  I somehow enjoyed that.

Erin did change the story when she shared with the women.  She made it sound like Jenna only flew down early so she could fly first class.  In reality, 1) she wanted to get more sun before the rest of the group came, 2) she could get more comfortable with the location, and 3) she's 6' tall and wanted to fly 1st or business class.  Do absolutely none of them understand that her saying that she would be wearing a burqa was a joke? 

Erin is deflecting from herself by getting the women to focus on Jenna. 

Jenna did not handle the confrontation well.  At the same time, none of the women seem to want to understand that she does feel uncomfortable in her skin and that, while it is unhealthy, she compares herself to these younger women who do not have skin issues (at least that she is aware of; we don't know if they do). 

Too many of these women seem to have studied the show and know what it takes for them to get airtime.  So they are willing to make little things into major issues and trash talk over nothing.  

Also, the whole Jenna doesn't share is specious.  She has told them about her genetic disorder. She has stated multiple times that she is self-conscious about it. I forget which real housewife made the comment of, "What do I have to do? Open a vein?"  That's what this feels like.  Does she need to have a complete meltdown to be "open" and "honest"?

• Like 16
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:
5 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Too many of these women seem to have studied the show and know what it takes for them to get airtime

This made me notice the incredibly beautiful model Ubah(?) more so because she was not piling on like an asshole. I think she realizes she doesn’t need to or maybe it was edited out for now who knows but she stood out in the non-piling on. And in a good way.

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

This made me notice the incredibly beautiful model Ubah(?) more so because she was not piling on like an asshole. I think she realizes she doesn’t need to or maybe it was edited out for now who knows but she stood out in the non-piling on. And in a good way.

Ubah trashed Jenna. I forget her exact words, but it was something like "screw Jenna." Her back was to camera, and it was only one sentence, but she did participate in the pile on. 

What did Brynn say to her brother? I tuned that entire segment out.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Erin is a pot stirrer, by warping the story Jenna told her. She emphasized the business class, and minimized the skin disorder and how deeply Jenna is affected by this. She hinted that Jenna didn't want to fly down WITH the other ladies, as though she was above them. I called Abe a pot stirrer last week, with the Brynn flirting situation. Now we see how they make the perfect couple.

Was I the only one who found it bizarre, when their son peed his pants? It's obvious he's done this before, probably not fully potty trained or can't help himself when he's excited. So why wasn't he in pull-ups? - it not like the audience is going to see it. The bizarre part was their reaction - like they've didn't know they had a kid and have never seen him pee.

Pavit's desire to be away for 3 days in Vietnam. A non stop flight each way is 17 hours. So, he'd be up in the air for 34 of the 72 hours he has as a getaway.

So my conclusion is: Pavit wants to rendezvous with someone and Jessel can't call him - because he will be inaccessible for 34 of those hours in the air. Where is he really going to be on those 3 days? Who is he hooking up with? I think on some level, Jessel knows - hence offering to pay for a hotel - so she can bug the shit out of him.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I figured she was some sort of courtesan a wanna be Holly Golightly. I have no idea what her job actually is.

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
3 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

Production:  Erin, you shall be the backstabbing Tamara of the group.  You will get extra screen time.

Erin:  I hear and obey.   Or I’m just an asshole.  

Well I’m sure she learned all her reality tv skill from her boss Fredrick, so we should not expect any less. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

So I finally watched the episode.. and I have some thoughts that will probably be unpopular on this board LOL

1) This show is called Real Housewives of New York City not the vacationing Real Housewives.  I wish more of the city was seen and there was maybe just one vacation near the end of the season like in the old days of the franchise.

2) I was hearing about a pile up in past posts.. and what I saw wasn't a pile up at all.  Shannon Beador, Lisa Vanderpump, Denise Richards etc.. they were ganged up on... but Jenna was not in this episode in my opinion.

3) I like the Jenna solo scene with her brother... as well as Brynn's solo scene with her brother... plus the brief vignettes of Jessel and hubby and Erin and hubby.   More of this please (and I seem to prefer watching the flashback scenes that are shown that we haven't seen vs the actual scene we're seeing in person.

4) Erin repeated the coach comment to the group... no different then Jenna repeating Jessel's comment to Erin or repeating Erin's comment to Sai.  This is housewife 101.

5) Brynn is 100 % on the money about Jenna in terms of the baby voice, using her condition for sympathy, etc... probably because Brynn does the same thing... and Jenna does come off as elitist.. just as much as Jessel does yet she gets a pass by viewers.  Double standard at work..imho.

I like Jenna.. but I'm not drinking the kool aid and will call out her shady behavior just as much as the other women.

Lastly, we were deprived of Ubah for 2 episodes due to her having Covid.. can we please get another solo scene of Ubah without the other women because I feel we've not gotten as much time with her and she seems fun.

• Like 7