Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: Business Classy

• Start Topic

On 9/4/2023 at 11:11 PM, Pi237 said:

I’d much rather keep getting bags of free products vs everyone being expected to sit through repeated long winded presentations of the tequila you’re selling like Kathy Hilton on Beverly Hills kept doing. 

Jenna’s got snob tendencies, but she was very chill about those ladies going through her closet and wearing her clothes. She didn’t act obnoxious about only being served caviar at Erin’s. And she may have called the room she was left with ‘charming,’ but she didn’t seem to throw a shrill fit over being stuck in the lower level. So, her brand of snobbery doesn’t seem to bother me as much as the others. 

They were gleeful when assigning Jenna the smallest room.  I was happy it didn't seem to bother her. 

• Like 15

Let's not forget that Jenna gave Erin a very lovely blanket or sweater type gift that was like $500 and Erin put it aside like she was handed a dirty napkin.

Maybe none of these ladies understand how to receive a gift with any grace at all. They all exist on transactional relationships so they don't understand a gift given in good faith.

Poor Jenna, I feel like she has shared a ton and I don't even know what Brynn does all day. Sai is just awful and the less said of Erin the better.

Since when do the housewives take pride in flying coach? I thought this was an aspirational show? I don't fly coach unless I have absolutely no other choice and I refuse to feel bad about it so Jenna needs to nut up and tell those cackling hags to fuck right off.

Edited by Arynm
I don't fly coach either so there!
  • Like 9
  • Applause 5

Although the behavior of some of the women of other HW franchises is horrible, abusive, you name it, far worse than what it seems to be in this version, the NY women attacked Jenna. I wonder if they know something more than we know, or if they resent her because she might be treated differently by production (as the most well-known of the cast), or they think she doesn't want to associate with them too closely (that's why the comments about not opening up, and traveling separately). But from what we saw she shared details about her personal life even if they were painful (a recent breakup, her appearance issues). She is also older than the rest (nineteen years older than the youngest), could it be a factor? They don't think they have too much in common with her? She seems to be polite normally, and not complain about everything like they are. 

I don't doubt Jenna receives a lot more money from Bravo than the rest of the cast (as again, the most well-known), and this might have caused issues.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3

Wow. The cackling hags took it to a whole new level of cruelty! Before I add my 2 cents, I want to give a special shout out to @Keywestclubkid! Damn! You are on fire!

standing ovation GIF

After weeks of being the target, Erin could not wait to find someone else to throw under the bus and make the new group scapegoat. I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole butternut squash soup ploy was a cover to get info to later use against her.

As for what Jenna has shared, I think we need to separate what we know from her talking heads vs what she has said directly to the ladies. She’s extremely forthcoming in her producer interviews. She started to explain to Erin about her genetic disorder and why she wanted to tan. But the way she leaned in and whispered about the business class did sort of make it seem like that was the “real” reason from that isolated conversation. The viewers at home saw the photos of Jenna’s mouth and got the full details, so we know how hard Jenna is working to cover up what she feels is her aesthetic concerns. I really don’t think the ladies know the extent to which she’s covering up her skin or the missing teeth or that the slicked back pony is covering bald spots. She started to tell Erin but then sort of brushed it off that I don’t need to point out every spot that’s “wrong” with me. By the time she did try to tell the other ladies, it was too late because from their POV they “knew” she was coming up with random excuses by adding in the dog and a few other minor details and they knew “the truth” that she’s too fancy to fly with them just like she was too fancy to stay at Erin’s…seemingly overlooking that all of them have been complaining about silly shit that they are too fancy to deal with. 

So apparently what Jenna needs to have a Jennukah (or whatever holiday she wants to mash her name with) where everyone can just circle around her and listen to her sob story about her traumatic genetic disorder. The problem is that she’s kind of meek and even if she starts saying something she tends to just wave herself off and say that doesn’t matter and changes where she’s going mid-sentence. So she does end up coming off evasive to them.

I’m actually having a hard time seeing how she’s some big time CEO since she’s not a confident communicator. However, she’s much more open and direct in her talking heads. Didn’t she say her mom has Asperger’s? I’m seeing some traits with her, too. I think she’s probably great when it’s all business, but the idea of interacting with friends—and especially frenemies—she’s at an utter loss on how to conduct herself.

I think if we fast forwarded through the talking heads and only based opinion on what the ladies have seen I might have a better understanding of their opinion of her. It pains me to say that though because they were outrageously cruel!! 

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Wow. The cackling hags took it to a whole new level of cruelty! Before I add my 2 cents, I want to give a special shout out to @Keywestclubkid! Damn! You are on fire!

standing ovation GIF

After weeks of being the target, Erin could not wait to find someone else to throw under the bus and make the new group scapegoat. I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole butternut squash soup ploy was a cover to get info to later use against her.

As for what Jenna has shared, I think we need to separate what we know from her talking heads vs what she has said directly to the ladies. She’s extremely forthcoming in her producer interviews. She started to explain to Erin about her genetic disorder and why she wanted to tan. But the way she leaned in and whispered about the business class did sort of make it seem like that was the “real” reason from that isolated conversation. The viewers at home saw the photos of Jenna’s mouth and got the full details, so we know how hard Jenna is working to cover up what she feels is her aesthetic concerns. I really don’t think the ladies know the extent to which she’s covering up her skin or the missing teeth or that the slicked back pony is covering bald spots. She started to tell Erin but then sort of brushed it off that I don’t need to point out every spot that’s “wrong” with me. By the time she did try to tell the other ladies, it was too late because from their POV they “knew” she was coming up with random excuses by adding in the dog and a few other minor details and they knew “the truth” that she’s too fancy to fly with them just like she was too fancy to stay at Erin’s…seemingly overlooking that all of them have been complaining about silly shit that they are too fancy to deal with. 

So apparently what Jenna needs to have a Jennukah (or whatever holiday she wants to mash her name with) where everyone can just circle around her and listen to her sob story about her traumatic genetic disorder. The problem is that she’s kind of meek and even if she starts saying something she tends to just wave herself off and say that doesn’t matter and changes where she’s going mid-sentence. So she does end up coming off evasive to them.

I’m actually having a hard time seeing how she’s some big time CEO since she’s not a confident communicator. However, she’s much more open and direct in her talking heads. Didn’t she say her mom has Asperger’s? I’m seeing some traits with her, too. I think she’s probably great when it’s all business, but the idea of interacting with friends—and especially frenemies—she’s at an utter loss on how to conduct herself.

I think if we fast forwarded through the talking heads and only based opinion on what the ladies have seen I might have a better understanding of their opinion of her. It pains me to say that though because they were outrageously cruel!! 

*blush* you guys are way to nice …and I do see what you are saying .. yes she is giving the girl’s information but we seem to be getting a little bit more and it’s more streamlined in her confessionals 

• Like 5

I don't think Jenna was treated differently than any other pile on in this franchise. The difference is people like her so objectively want to (hypothetically) nuture her.  She's not loud and confrontational so anything they say will look like bullying. 

I think we should gift her a scholarship to Leaks Parks and Dillard School on how to read a bitch. 

So next time Nosey Perez, Not Iman, Great value Mandy Moore, KaERIN and that cold bowl of soup with the British accent gets going, she can let them all know they got the wrong one on the right day. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 10
On 9/5/2023 at 7:07 AM, inandout said:

The best, most memorable HW's who have lasted, are those who are messy, chaotic, who lack self-awareness - who are pretentious and Flawed - but who can bring the fun and crazy.

Jenna is too perfect. She can do no wrong.  Makes for a BORING HW.

Just wait….this season is the perfect setup for them to change the edit in upcoming seasons.

I’m enjoying Jenna.  I covet her glasses and wardrobe (that has buttons), but everyone’s assholery comes out sooner or later.  It’s just not her time yet.

Also, I tried to find Stylish to see how good the good edit is because you know quirky can turn toxic real fast in a work setting, but I can’t find it anymore.  If you’ve got god daughters and assistants willing to don coveralls and decorate your tree and just be around, you ain’t meek.

Edited by For Cereals
  • Like 2

None of these women are friends. They are SO JEALOUS of one another that they can’t even disguise their harpy, cackling tendencies. Jenna is the one person who is the exception (probably because she is actually the most successful/stylish/wealthy/gracious) and the other hags take every opportunity to try to attack her because of it.

Erin is no friend. What a total disingenuous B! Jenna opens up to you about a genetic disorder that has made her feel uncomfortable for her entire life and she focuses instead on a side note?! Erin thinks that someone leaving her recommitment event without saying bye is the rudest thing ever?!! NO I’ll tell you what’s rude…. Making light of a genetic disease and then cattily trying to throw that person under the bus UNFORGIVEABLE.

Seems like the worst thing I’m the world that Jenna has done is to give her friends gifts. What a coven of ungrateful hags. They are all so self-obsessed and miserable that they can’t even appreciate a kind gesture. Just because someone gives you a gift that they collaborated on does not mean that they require you to advertise it for them. NEWS FLASH: Not only is Jenna Lyons a million times more famous than any of those wannabes but I’m sure her REAL FRIENDS are also a million times more famous than these idiots. If she needed promotion, I’m sure they would be much more effective. These girls have an entirely delusional idea of their own importance and reach. I had never heard of any of them except Jenna , prior to this show… now I know why. 

Edited by Dramamama
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ladle said:

I find it refreshing that these women are beautiful but they aren't accompanied by glam squads and that they are wearing stylish yet normal/casual clothing at the resort. 

That'll probably change. We have no idea what they (especially Sai) packed.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Boofish said:

that cold bowl of soup with the British accent

How can I ever watch Jessel again and not think of this descriptor? Amazing. 

5 hours ago, For Cereals said:

Just wait….this season is the perfect setup for them to change the edit in upcoming seasons.

100%. I like Jenna too, but this move is Housewives 101. I found Bethenny really likable in her first season too. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Dramamama said:

None of these women are friends. They are SO JEALOUS of one another that they can’t even disguise their harpy, cackling tendencies. Jenna is the one person who is the exception (probably because she is actually the most successful/stylish/wealthy/gracious) and the other hags take every opportunity to try to attack her because of it.

Erin is no friend. What a total disingenuous B! Jenna opens up to you about a genetic disorder that has made her feel uncomfortable for her entire life and she focuses instead on a side note?! Erin thinks that someone leaving her recommitment event without saying bye is the rudest thing ever?!! NO I’ll tell you what’s rude…. Making light of a genetic disease and then cattily trying to throw that person under the bus UNFORGIVEABLE.

Seems like the worst thing I’m the world that Jenna has done is to give her friends gifts. What a coven of ungrateful hags. They are all so self-obsessed and miserable that they can’t even appreciate a kind gesture. Just because someone gives you a gift that they collaborated on does not mean that they require you to advertise it for them. NEWS FLASH: Not only is Jenna Lyons a million times more famous than any of those wannabes but I’m sure her REAL FRIENDS are also a million times more famous than these idiots. If she needed promotion, I’m sure they would be much more effective. These girls have an entirely delusional idea of their own importance and reach. I had never heard of any of them except Jenna , prior to this show… now I know why. 

I don’t remember that Erin said anything about Jenna’s auto immune issues. I think she only spoke about the business class ticket. I don’t think that any of the women were aware that Jenna had a whole different contract. They are slowly figuring it out and are not happy. Erin stuck with the others was a trigger. For some of the others, the tree decoration was it. Bravo needed Jenna and contracted differently. Every episode from this one in, I predict we will see some sort of pushback from the lesser lights.

• Like 2

Okay, unpopular opinion I guess...so, start sharpening your pitchforks.... but.....I don't think these women are that terrible, by RHW standards. 

Maybe it's just the New Yorker in me, but -- while, yes, these women are caustic, direct, and sarcastic, I don't think they're taking any of this too seriously. They seem to be just leaning into their roles and having fun. Overall, the conflicts and accusations are pretty low-stakes (e.g. Erin doesn't have food at events, Jenna is too self-promotional, etc.). 

Even the way they approached Jenna.... I agree with the poster above who said they likely don't have a full understanding of what's going on with her genetic disorder, and that Jenna seems to be much more forthcoming in her talking heads than she is with the women. In her conversation with Erin, she did seem to be brushing off the issue with her skin and suggesting that she was "really" leaving early to be in first class. Erin was a jerk for the way she relayed the conversation to the women, but, let's be honest: it's on tape. We all would have seen it whether Erin had said anything or not. And, Jenna is the one who relayed Jessel's "cackling h" remark to Erin, so it's not like Jenna is some saint who doesn't engage in the gossip herself. 

I can completely understand how filming a show like this might be nightmarish for someone who is an introvert, socially awkward, and possibly neurodivergent. 110% But.... it can be true that Jenna wrongly comes off as aloof and snobby when she's not and also that maybe (yes, get out your pitchforks!) she also is a little bit snobby (not for her flight preferences, but for assuming that folks have viewed multiple photos of her on red carpets, for instance.) And I say this as someone who actually really likes Jenna! She is fallible, as they all are.

But what are they accusing her of, really? She gives away too many branded products? She's a diva for wanting to fly first class? (I don't agree with them about that, by the way.) Like, none of this is that deep. And I'm 100% sure that if Jenna just owned it and said "Yep, I wanted to fly first class because it's comfy!" they'd just laugh about it, drop it, and move on.

Maybe this is a low bar, but they're not going after each other's children, marriages, finances, accusing each other of stealing houses, etc. Again, the stakes are low, and I'm enjoying that about the show.

Everyone else seems to hate this reboot and these women, so I will sit at my table for 1 and sip my (non-Ramona) pinot grigio.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Bravo was DETERMINED to get Jenna and Arielle Charnas. Arielle's husband is a dick and she has had a few controversial decisions. I think her stock would have plummeted so she was smart to say no.

I had heard of SAI only because my daughter is in the content creation space. Now my kid is not on their level but I follow all the gworls. I really loved Sai on Instagram and YouTube but Bravo Sai is losing me quickly. 

I still like this refresh and I'm glad to be back in NY. At least this fake outrage is not taking over the entire trip. They all cackled and moved on.

Also everything @ladle said. Scoot over, I'll join you. 

Edited by Boofish
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

These women are definitely jealous of Jenna’s place in the cast and preferential treatment.

I would have preferred a mix of younger moms (Erin/Sai/Jessel) and 50’s women like Jenna. Wish Jenna had a peer/true friend in the cast! This mix is stupid-she stands alone too obviously.

I like the old school formula (Luann, Bethenny, Ramona, Carole, etc) when everyone wasn’t trying to be a social media star, as someone above wrote. It’s never “real” at all anymore. I am closer to Jenna’s age so I like the age range of 40-60’s best. More interesting somehow. 

Bryn is curious. How did she and her brother turn out so successful with that terrible background?? They could inspire with their journey so I hope she shares it. I too would like to know how she has so much money, and who encouraged her to go to Purdue? The grandmother? That is quite a big deal. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, Sage47 said:

These women are definitely jealous of Jenna’s place in the cast and preferential treatment.

I would have preferred a mix of younger moms (Erin/Sai/Jessel) and 50’s women like Jenna. Wish Jenna had a peer/true friend in the cast! This mix is stupid-she stands alone too obviously.

I like the old school formula (Luann, Bethenny, Ramona, Carole, etc) when everyone wasn’t trying to be a social media star, as someone above wrote. It’s never “real” at all anymore. I am closer to Jenna’s age so I like the age range of 40-60’s best. More interesting somehow. 

Bryn is curious. How did she and her brother turn out so successful with that terrible background?? They could inspire with their journey so I hope she shares it. I too would like to know how she has so much money, and who encouraged her to go to Purdue? The grandmother? That is quite a big deal. 

I would like to see more about Brynn, but I'm not sure how well-off she is. She doesn't even own her apartment, she rents it, and she is 37. 

• Like 3

A couple of small words from Erin completely turned everything around: "I don't fly coach" sounds way worse than how she COULD have worded that: Jenna didn't want to fly coach. If she would have put it like that, everybody would have been like well, I don't blame her who really does want to fly coach. Phrasing it like "I don't fly coach", that really made it Jenna look bad.

Edited by Aim123
Thought of more things
  • Like 4