Type keyword(s) to search

Watch What Happens Live: RHoNY Suck Up to Andy

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I didn't realize it was not part of the episode - half asleep. But not too sleepy to notice that LuAnn was stoned out of her gourd. Not a good look.

Allergy antihistamine??  Kidding.

• LOL 2
On 5/7/2021 at 7:47 PM, Hangin Out said:

Allergy antihistamine??  Kidding.

Later this season: Lu “fixes” her allergy to alcohol by following each tequila shot with a Benadryl chaser!

• LOL 6
On 5/6/2021 at 7:18 PM, LemonSoda said:

I don’t like that they tacked it on to the episode time so my DVR records it with the episode. It’s forced, I hate that. 

I noticed that they’ve been doing that with RHONJ for a while now. So irritating. Not interested in artificially boosting Andy’s ratings.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

I noticed that they’ve been doing that with RHONJ for a while now. So irritating. Not interested in artificially boosting Andy’s ratings.

I’m curious if that’s why they did it. It’s annoying. 

• Love 1
On 5/10/2021 at 4:08 AM, MrsWitter said:

Later this season: Lu “fixes” her allergy to alcohol by following each tequila shot with a Benadryl chaser!

Which Bethenny immediately takes Lu's idea and brands as a Bethadryl chaser and sells it for 80 gazillion dollars!

• LOL 10
9 hours ago, divsc said:

Which Bethenny immediately takes Lu's idea and brands as a Bethadryl chaser and sells it for 80 gazillion dollars!

Perfect! Because Bethenny can market it from her personal experience too:

“Have you ever been at a dinner party with a group of girlfriends and not been exactly sure what’s in the food? Were you too busy “discussing” tough topics to check with the chef?  OOPSIE! Turns out you just ate fish, which you’re deathly allergic to! Just grab a Bethadryl chaser and force it down your craw before your throat closes off! You’ll be back to fighting with your friends in no time!”

Also in development and coming soon: the calorie-free Bethipen for those more urgent situations where the craw has already closed up.

• LOL 12

I don’t know .. maybe it’s me, but after the last two episodes, WWHL comes on automatically.  To me, Andy had a different look to him.  It looked like embarrasment to me.  Maybe he realized the show went too far and the viewers didn’t like them?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

I don’t know .. maybe it’s me, but after the last two episodes, WWHL comes on automatically.  To me, Andy had a different look to him.  It looked like embarrasment to me.  Maybe he realized the show went too far and the viewers didn’t like them?

Maybe because no one is watching his show so he tacks it on to end of the episodes hoping for more viewers,

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
18 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

I feel we might see some changes in the Real Housewife sphere in the not-so-distant-future for a few reasons.

Ratings have gone down for all Bravo shows. Personally, I feel the pandemic has something to do with it. Too much of a good thing, as they say. People are burned out and ready for something different. 

I also read somewhere that Andy said something like if something ever happened to his job, he still has his radio gig. It was if he was trying to tell us something.

Finally, wasn't the Real Housewives franchise recently sold? Not all of Bravo, but whatever part that owns RH....NBC maybe? That's gotta make all involved a bit nervous.

Also, I came across the following blurb from a Wikipedia page when trying to find links for the above (unsuccessfully....but I swear I read 'em!).  Interesting:

"Future

On December 2, 2016, Cohen spoke on the future of the franchise, saying if there were to be a new installment to the franchise that it could be set in Nashville, Tennessee. Cohen also stated that an All Star edition would serve as an end-goal for the franchise when ratings begin to drop. He added that it would likely feature eight housewives with "big personalities" from each series on an island together."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Real_Housewives

Could the island show that just filmed be the beginning of the end?

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 7
5 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Maybe because no one is watching his show so he tacks it on to end of the episodes hoping for more viewers,

I can tell you this.  I have been watching seasons 2-6 on Peacock with full attention.  I have not watched the last 2 current episodes yet and I don’t know if I will.  They are saved in my queue, but if I ever get to them (after reading comments here and elsewhere), it will be while I’m doing housework or something.  I’m literally watching Harry Dubin and Sonja “break up” as we speak and it is SO MUCH BETTER than anything Leah or Eboni can bring to the show.

• Love 14
On 5/10/2021 at 9:33 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

My kid said when you watch it live, it records the ratings, but not if you record it on the DVR.  So, that’s what I do .. record it.

9 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I can tell you this.  I have been watching seasons 2-6 on Peacock with full attention.  I have not watched the last 2 current episodes yet and I don’t know if I will.  They are saved in my queue, but if I ever get to them (after reading comments here and elsewhere), it will be while I’m doing housework or something.  I’m literally watching Harry Dubin and Sonja “break up” as we speak and it is SO MUCH BETTER than anything Leah or Eboni can bring to the show.

Yep.  Jersey seemed unchanged because they had the men on, went to the ocean, etc.  All N.Y. had were wineries and two houses.   Also, LuAnn sneaking drinks.  She is struggling.  Looks like anyhow.  I had my first outing in a restaurant yesterday after over a year.  Had a big Bloody Mary too.  Boy, was that good, as I don’t usually drink.

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, Jextella said:

I feel we might see some changes in the Real Housewife sphere in the not-so-distant-future for a few reasons.

Rathings have gone down for all Bravo shows. Personally, I feel the pandemic has something to do with that. Too much of a good thing, as they say. People are burned out and ready for something different. 

I also read somewhere that Andy said something like if something every happened to his job, he still has his radio gig. It was if he was trying to tell us something.

Finally, wasn't the Real Housewives franchise recently sold? Not all of Bravo, but whatever part that owns RH....NBC maybe? That's gotta make all involved a bit nervous.

Also, I came across the following blurb from a Wikipedia page when trying to find links (unsuccessfully....but I swear I read 'em!).  Interesting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Real_Housewives

Could the island show that just filmed be the beginning of the end?

Well, that’s interesting.  It seems like there is not much effort in the shows anymore ..like they are just coasting.    P.S.  I just read an article in my weekly t.v. Guide that said tv shows will be changing .. they will be going to streaming, whichever one we pick .. Peacock, Hulu, etc.  They said tv will become very confusing for people.  

Edited by Hangin Out
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

My kid said when you watch it live, it records the ratings, but not if you record it on the DVR.  So, that’s what I do .. record it.

Yep.  Jersey seemed unchanged because they had the men on, went to the ocean, etc.  All N.Y. had were wineries and two houses.   Also, LuAnn sneaking drinks.  She is struggling.  Looks like anyhow.  I had my first outing in a restaurant yesterday after over a year.  Had a big Bloody Mary too.  Boy, was that good, as I don’t usually drink.

My understanding is that they do track DVR recordings, along with live viewings and On Demand downloads. It includes day of and several days after. That’s why my viewings are delayed for a bit, unless I want to help support shows I actually do like (like Family Karma!).

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 6/11/2021 at 9:34 AM, Hangin Out said:

Well, that’s interesting.  It seems like there is not much effort in the shows anymore ..like they are just coasting.    P.S.  I just read an article in my weekly t.v. Guide that said tv shows will be changing .. they will be going to streaming, whichever one we pick .. Peacock, Hulu, etc.  They said tv will become very confusing for people.  

It already is, for me. Or at least it's very expensive!  Agreed that the future of tv will be interesting. Much like the music biz, I suppose. Lots of big names are selling their archives now because the'll never be able to earn money off them the way they did before streaming.

On 6/11/2021 at 9:45 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

My understanding is that they do track DVR recordings, along with live viewings and On Demand downloads. It includes day of and several days after. That’s why my viewings are delayed for a bit, unless I want to help support shows I actually do like (like Family Karma!).

This is my understanding as well.I also think airing decisions don't just have to do with ratings anymore. Now-a-days, I believe social media following are incorporated.  RH's have big numbers and they are essentially free advertising for networks, etc.  And, online arguments drive the drama.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Jextella said:

It already is, for me. Or at least it's very expensive!  Agreed that the future of tv will be interesting. Much like the music biz, I suppose. Lots of big names or selling their archives now because the'll never be able to earn money off them the way they did before streaming.

This is my understanding as well.I also think airing decisions don't just have to do with ratings anymore. Now-a-days, I believe social media following are incorporated.  RH's have big numbers and they are essentially free advertising for networks, etc.  And, online arguments drive the drama.

I think companies are spending too much time making decisions based upon Social Media vs. actual market research. Relying on social media narrows your audience. Social media is so polarizing and many people feel they do not have the freedom to express and opinion while others feel free to post whatever they want.

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Dorinda on WWHL is dropping big hints that she wants backo RHNY and Andy is acting receptive. Wonder if she'll be back next year. I bet she will. 

I saw that and mentioned it on Dorinda's thread.  I particularly noticed both she and Andy called her absence from this season a "pause" rather than a termination/fired.  

• Love 5
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Erin’s dress is really cool.

She is much more likable on WWHL. She completely owns messing up with Jenna and business class.

It's most probably because of the criticism online since the last two episodes aired. She didn't have a problem acting like this months ago. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5
On 9/18/2023 at 1:02 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Erin’s dress is really cool.

She is much more likable on WWHL. She completely owns messing up with Jenna and business class.

The dress was by Tom Ford.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I think Jenna was being extremely diplomatic on WWHL. When Andy asked her, “Does it bother you when Brynn flirts with you?” Jenna replied, “Have you seen her?”

She also deemed all but one Real Housewives outfit/dress: Fashion or Trash, Hun? “Fashion.” Trust me, there was a LOT of Trash.

• Like 3