Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E12: Let Me See Your Peacock!

• Start Topic

The remaining all-stars must create show-stopping red-carpet menswear looks that fully embrace the trend toward the flamboyant; Emmy Award-winning actor Colman Domingo joins the judges to help determine whose look will be in and whose will be "fowl."

On 8/22/2023 at 3:16 PM, chitowngirl said:

The remaining all-stars must create show-stopping red-carpet menswear looks that fully embrace the trend toward the flamboyant…

So, this will be Project Runway’s first half-day challenge, right?

• LOL 8

Brittany just tried to compliment her, asking how does that triple crown feel? And she acted all insulted, “? What? It’s not a triple crown.” Then snotted in voiceover ‘I’m not here to win challenges, I’m here to win it all” or something like that 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Brittany has the perfect model for her look.  

All the models for this challenge are slight in build. They make them design for real life female models, plus-size/curvy. They should have some real life male models who are also real life, short, beer bellies. How interesting would that be? 

• Like 11
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4

Was Tim Gunn in the design studio as much as Christian is (at least so it seems in this episode)?  And are he and Prajje just joking with one another?  I though Prajje was a little “impertinent” to Christian.  (I know that’s an old-fashioned word, but I can’t think of another right  now!) 😬

Edit:  maybe “disrespectful/sassy” is better 

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 17
24 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Brittany took the peacock look literally. And where are the plus size models? 
I’m getting Jim Carrey in The Mask from Bishme’s look. 

I was getting a really well dressed pimp. I think it was the hat.

The Mask is a better description.

I liked it though sans hat.

• Like 22

What do I know.  I liked Prajje’s and it seemed very “peacock” to me!  I thought his artwork was cool.  Anyhow, I liked it better than Bishme’s mint green ensemble (although his model was hot!).

• Like 7

Again with the boring Rami look (to me), again with bias seaming, in fabric choices that appear cheap. Perhaps they don't photograph well, but isn't that important? 

The model looks like he's at a gay Casper The Movie casting call.

And of course, the judges are gushing. <face spraining eyeroll>

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 8

Bishme's hat just skirts the Huggy Bear 1970's pimp look, but I will forgive the color for the rest of the suit. I did like the suit design.

I loved Brittney's and Rami's looks.

Pradje did so well in his season with street wear. He seems out of his element and he needed to be nicer to Christian.

I's starting to understand the dislike of Elaine. She just fawns over the guest judges. My DEAR friend. When I see him, all I see is the evil guy from FTWD.

Laurence deserved the auf, not Pradje, but eh.

• Like 19
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Pi237 said:

Brittany just tried to compliment her, asking how does that triple crown feel? And she acted all insulted, “? What? It’s not a triple crown.” Then snotted in voiceover ‘I’m not here to win challenges, I’m here to win it all” or something like that 

Damn, that's  cold!

Thank you for filling me in.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Thumper said:

The guest judge is handsome and I liked his comments.  Now I have to look him up, as I’ve never heard of him!  ☺️

He has an extensive career.  I first saw him in Fear the Walking Dead. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

These judges (eye roll). Top three: the Mummy, The Mask and a clown. 
I’m glad Rami won though. I thought peacocking was color, I’m wrong apparently.

Bottom Two: I didn’t think Prajje was that bad except for the ugly turtle neck. I thought he’d get to stay over Laurence. 

I agree Laurence wasn’t good. A kilt with a bullet proof vest. Weird. 

I’m also glad Brandon called out the ladies for gushing about the models bodies. Male judges would not get away with talking about female models like that. 

• Like 13

Bishme, there is some 70's blaxploitation film that's calling, they want their costume back.

Elaine has been wearing kinda thin on me.  If there's another season I hope they swap her out.  She's been a bit much lately.

I like Rami, happy that he won one and I'm interested to see him in a final.  

• Like 17

I really liked Bishme's vest.  The vest was cool. The hat and train thing not so much.  It worked with the ball cap and veil from a couple of weeks ago because the fabric was light and flowy.  This just looked like it was heavy and made him look like a pimp.   Prajee's looked like a matador met a ringmaster but I think he was done in by too many recent stints in the bottom.  Laurance...kilt...been there done that but to then pair it with a pair of shiny loafers, yuck.  Brittany loves to "borrow" ideas. Just because she sewed it well doesn't mean it wasn't someone else's design in the first place.  She should have been in the bottom for that alone. I liked Rami's and could easily see it being worn by either sex

• Like 11

For some reason it tickled me that Brandon was SO confused by a blue kilt.  Can kilts not be blue?  Do they have to be plaid?  What is the problem exactly?

Bishme went too costume with the hat/cowl thing.  I don’t know how peacock-y Rami’s was but I obviously just love him so I’m so happy he got a win.  I thought Brittany was going to get dinged for that bow but nope.  

• Like 14

I can totally see Rami’s a wedding wear for men or red carpet for Tilda Swinton. I can see the idea that it could have been more fitted, but I liked it as is. I would have liked it better with a ginormous brooch.

Huggy Bear was exactly what Bishme did. Put that outfit in a Starsky and Hutch remake. Laurence’s out fit was somehow ugly, weird and dull. Prajje’ s turtleneck was a fashion crime. Brittany would have done better to have used some of her topstitching in the blouse to make it unique.

• Like 17
5 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

I liked the cut of the vest on Bishmes. and I actually liked the copper shirt lol

Rami?? Ok I give up 

I guess there was an idea there for a very different take on a tuxedo. That said, I thought I heard Brandon or somebody pointing out fit issues?

They just don't want to give Brittany a win. I know she's had one. I really wish they judged the looks without knowing who the designer behind each one was. They clearly play favorites and consider other designs they've done in the past when deciding who wins and who goes home.

So many weeks their faces and their remarks convey they're quite impressed with Brittany's look. The guest judge enthusiastically stated how much he'd love to wear it... then nothing. Just like last week.

12 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

’m getting Jim Carrey in The Mask from Bishme’s look. 

Me too. Hated the color...and so much of it! Looking at the vest I thought he can really sew though!

Prajje's was horrendous. At last he's gone. Go patent your incredibly original  cross over neckline.

• Like 9
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 3
Just now, SHERMDOG said:

I'm not in the popular vote her but I really like Britney..her sewing is incredible!! And she's very humble. Remi is good, but dang. Can he not venture out a tad from pleating and draping. Bishme's was great technically but ..why the hat...silly.

Lawrence's was not impressive I didn't think. Prajei(sp) blech..and he's catty and can't seem to focus on HIS outfit

Totally agree with everything you said. 

• Like 7

Anddddd!! Britney getting "schooled" on doing something she did b4?? Ugh...Remi!??? How many damn pleats does he have to do b4 it's repetitive!! 

And his,pleating tonite was not very good. Which they touched upon but still. 

Ah well....it's time for me to go nitey nite.

The right person went home

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

In the workroom, Brittney's model had a look like, great, now she's adding a bow to this clown outfit. He walked it well, but I don't think it was his favorite outfit. He seemed quite happy to get positive feedback on the runway.  

I liked Rami's but it would have looked better in a model with a darker skin tone.  Given his model. some color would have been nice.  Although the runway lighting was more flattering than the workroom.  

Prajje's was a hot mess.  The way he placed his painting accented how poorly the pants fit across the hips.  Was he going for that unflattering, double darts look that adds a high pooch?  The turtleneck was hideous too.  

With Bishme's, all I could think is

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

That is a color choice. Not one I would make, but it's a choice.

Finally, Laurence, um, yeah, there's that.  

• Like 12
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

Bishme's hat just skirts the Huggy Bear 1970's pimp look, but I will forgive the color for the rest of the suit. I did like the suit design.

I loved Brittney's and Rami's looks.

Pradje did so well in his season with street wear. He seems out of his element and he needed to be nicer to Christian.

I's starting to understand the dislike of Elaine. She just fawns over the guest judges. My DEAR friend. When I see him, all I see is the evil guy from FTWD.

Laurence deserved the auf, not Pradje, but eh.

yeah, i think pradje's look would have been better minus the under shirt, just with his bare chest exposed 

and laurence should have gone home instead of him.... it's like she was bored and didn't even bother trying but knew they were going to keep her based on prior looks

i liked bishme's, the fit was great and i think he should have had the model walk out with the hat on and then whip it off in a peacocky way

i like rami but that was boring and the tailoring was bad

i thought brittany's was ridiculous and awful............. and my thought was that peacock was supposed to feel masculine in non-masculine styles. to me, hers looked like a guy wearing his sister's clothes and just silly

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
8 hours ago, Aerobicidal said:

Things we’ve learned this season: thongs are outerwear, cone bras are back, hoo-ha zippers are necessary, clothing that’s impossible to walk in is fierce, and now androgynous menswear has never existed ever before in the entire history of clothing.

“Don’t rip your butt out.” If I had a buffalo nickel for every time I heard that phrase . . .

Nice to see Brittany is wearing an outfit from the Forever 21 x FLDS church collection for the runway.

Brittany’s look had the most stunning bow tie I’ve seen on TV since this:

EdT76J8UcAAxyF7.jpg.594b87e85f6625e1c4d780e3671bbf41.jpg

"Laurence, your body-hugging leather faux bulletproof vest that no one who spends less than fifteen hours a week in a gym would wear, with no shirt underneath, with exposed upper groin area and maxi-kilt, was too reserved."

Stop trying to make "peacock" into a verb! Brittany will win this season before that could happen! 

The winner and loser actually made sense, which I assume will never happen again, but if it does, I fully plan to peacock.

"Peacock" is legit also a verb:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/peacock

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, DEL901 said:

No one want to talk about Lawrence not getting the memo about peacocking….

Seriously, an unadorned black bullet proof vest and a mono colour skirt and pant set.  Seriously?

AND she had $200 more to spend!!

• Like 11
  • Applause 3

Too bad it wasn't a double elimination but I had a feeling this was probably Pradje's week.  And his outfit was so bad.  But I am also so over Laurence.  She does beautiful leather work but that outfit was horrendous.  A bulletproof vest and a pleated kilt with fabric that looked cheap to me.  It had nothing to do with peacocking.  NOTHING!  I know they look at past work but I miss the days when no matter how much of a frontrunner you are, a terrible week meant you are going home.

And I'm a big fan of Rami.  I loved his look.  Granted his model's skin tones didn't help but I thought the concept was beautiful.  I've seen Brittni's look before and I'm sorry I all I got was pimp vibes from Bishme's look.  Agree with whoever called him Huggy Bear.  Spot on. 

At the end of the day, I have no confidence at all in this judging panel so they are going to do whatever they want.  I'm just going to enjoy it as long as I can.  Christian is so much fun.

• Like 19