Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Kathy got a walk-out?!? Her saying,” I might burn down the house before I leave” was the exact reaction I was expecting from her. That’s probably why he walked her to the car.

5 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Do you have Nancy and April mixed up?

Yeah, I had edited my post once I realized it wasn’t April, but I didn’t know Nancy’s name. Every season there’s always a pair (or more than one pair) that I can’t tell apart.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
On 9/29/2023 at 8:31 AM, LennieBriscoe said:

I found very interesting the Intro showing Gerry’s first love "journey" from high school to ER, you might say. As a widow I found his emotional honesty a plus.

On a shallow note, I liked seeing how Gerry has gone through different "looks" over the years, currently settling on Silver Fox! 

(I also can't help but wonder  what "bacterial infection" his wife contracted that killed her so fast!)

A friend of mine lost her son to a bacterial infection within a week. He was 13 years old and healthy. He had a cold on Monday, she took him to the doctor, he collapsed at home on Wednesday and was medivaced to one of the best children's hospitals in the country,  and died on Friday. I witnessed it and there was nothing that could be done.

• Hugs 3
  • Sad 23

Susan is way too wrinkled and masculine to last.

Kathy proved that men don't like a woman who badmouths another. Plus she has a natural down-turned mouth, not attractive. 

The blonde who knew her Pickleball is way too old-looking for Gerry, like Ruth Gordon old. 

Sandra got a rose, and Gerry explained that it was for her giving up her daughter's  wedding, but he doesn't really mean more than that. He can't, if he believes that family is everything. 

Theresa received the final rose as a warning. Gerry sees the disingenuousness, thanks to Kathy. 

Call me a stone-cold beeyotch, but if Garry cries about his wife one more time....🙄

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
57 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

The blonde who knew her Pickleball is way too old-looking for Gerry, like Ruth Gordon old. 

She's one of those beautiful blondes with delicate skin...just doesn't age well.  Still, she's very pretty.

3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Sondra is missing her daughter’s wedding?!?!!?!  That is insane! I don’t think I would ever forgive my mother if she skipped my wedding to be one of 25 people dating someone on television! Seriously, how can she live with herself?

What if it was daughter's wedding #3?

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

Ok, I just snorted about “Ruth Gordon Old”. Because she was a hoot in Harold and Maude. 

My husband loathes reality TV in general so he usually busies himself doing some DIY project. Tonight as he was walking through to get more sandpaper, Theresa was on screen and he said “what the f*** is wrong with her face?”. And can’t lie, I laughed really hard. 

Buh bye mean Kathy the crypt keeper. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 15
5 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

It looked like Gary was trying to push away a bit from Susan's kissing 

Maybe it was the garlic in her meatballs, lol.

Teresa is scary.  Will she go bezerk when he doesn’t give her a rose?  OMG .. she is obsessed.

• Like 12
  • LOL 1

I quite  like Susan, she doesn't  appear  to keep falling all over him. I liked Leslie , but Theresa drives me bonkers. In her mind, she has them set for life. I didn't  like Cathy, but some of what she said was true. My pick was Joan, but she left.( sigh ) 

• Like 11

If Gerry chooses none:

"While I naturally am very disappointed  in how this journey ended, I am extremely  grateful to all these wonderful women for sharing their lives and hearts with me. They have shown me that it is possible  to find true love more than once in a lifetime, and I will carry that with me as we all move forward."

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Teresa is a tattle tale

yeah and i don't see a lot of difference between her going to Gerry and whining about Kathy and Kathy doing the same to her earlier

and that's at least partly what got Kathy gone, though he may not have been feeling it with her anyway

• Like 5

Well it was satisfying seeing Kathy get cut.   That hand waving down her body as she asked, "How could he give up this?" showed just how deluded she is.  She'll always believe that she would have won if Theresa hadn't messed with her mind. When she was shouting over Theresa to tell her to zip it I got a little scared.

Now it looks like it's going to be a close finish with sexy Leslie facing off pickle ball Ellen. Leslie is 64 and Ellen is 71, just Gerry's age.  Both of them seem truly caught up in this.  Faith of the first-impression-rose is also taking it very seriously.  This all just proves that you're never too old to get your heart broken. The ending might be really sad.

• Like 10
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Fair point. Her daughter would be around my age, so likely at least one marriage already down. I’ll catch you at wedding #4!

• Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

Is it just me thinking a 60 or 61 year old is too young for Gerry?. That’s a 12 or 13 year age gap. I think this is the real reason Joan sent herself home, she realized he’s just too old for her. Im 56 and cannot imagine wanting to get involved with a 68 year old? 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I think Christopher Stanley (the actor) is more handsome than Henry Francis (the character).

For me there are plenty of guys over 70 who stayed schmexy. Christopher Plummer, Martin Landau, Leonard Cohen, Sam Elliott, Jeff Bridges, Jeff Goldblum, Jeremy Irons, to name a few. Three of them are now gone, but that will happen. 

Everyone says Sean Connery but I never liked him because of his statements on hitting women to keep them in line. 

Edited by TVMovieBuff
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1

I'm happy with all the ladies who are left.  Garry got a very nice group of women to get to know.  I have to say, last night it seemed to me at least that (although they still look GREAT), they have aged a lot since the premiere.  I suppose they had glam for the initial meetings.  Now, they've had at least a couple weeks of living in a group setting, away from their normal routines and, if it were ME, they are probably not getting a lot of sleep.  Not to mention, they are no doubt doing their own hair/makeup. 

Adding that I think all the women will have full, robust dating lives after the show.  Some of them haven't dated in a while, and they got a little taste of the excitement of a new possibility, not to mention they will get recognized from their exposure on the show.

Edited by suzeecat
another thought
  • Like 12
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Well it was satisfying seeing Kathy get cut.   That hand waving down her body as she asked, "How could he give up this?" showed just how deluded she is.  She'll always believe that she would have won if Theresa hadn't messed with her mind. When she was shouting over Theresa to tell her to zip it I got a little scared.

Now it looks like it's going to be a close finish with sexy Leslie facing off pickle ball Ellen. Leslie is 64 and Ellen is 71, just Gerry's age.  Both of them seem truly caught up in this.  Faith of the first-impression-rose is also taking it very seriously.  This all just proves that you're never too old to get your heart broken. The ending might be really sad.

i really don't see Ellen as being in the final 3.  too oldish and her professing to love him already may have scared him.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

You know you wrong for this!  I was sitting in an Uber when I read this and almost snarted!

FINALLY, Kathy can take her Mr. Burns ass and Megan dance off my screen!  In her convo with Theresa, if she had expressed her insecurities this way last week, she might have still been in the running.  I knew she was toast when, as she was talking to Gerry his eyes hooded over at the end of their talk.

I don’t get the ‘Theresa is a tattletale’….outside of looking like a busted up Melissa Gilbert, I truly believe her heart is in the right place.  And she made a good point of how everyone else that’s had a one-on-one with Gerry discusses their date with the other girls, so why is she enemy #1 when she does it?

I just don’t like Leslie, I don’t feel she’s there to become Mrs. Turner….I think Gerry knows it too and likely just wants to shimmy-sham her while he has the chance to.

Regarding Sondra….break this down for me like I’m six, how is her missing her daughter’s wedding different from Joan leaving due to her daughter’s post-partum depression?  I still feel that someone in Joan’s family could have been with the daughter, giving Joan a chance to be with Gerry.

I think Ellen is a sweetheart, albeit a bit cocky during the pickleball tournament.  I see her, Faith and unfortunately Leslie as the final three.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, TVMovieBuff said:

For me there are plenty of guys over 70 who stayed schmexy. Christopher Plummer, Martin Landau, Leonard Cohen, Sam Elliott, Jeff Bridges, Jeff Goldblum, Jeremy Irons, to name a few. Three of them are now gone, but that will happen. 

Everyone says Sean Connery but I never liked him because of his statements on hitting women to keep them in line. 

He was still pretty fine looking.  

I always found Max von Sydow really attractive in his old age. And Christopher Plummer! Woo hoo! 

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
20 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I think Ellen is a sweetheart, albeit a bit cocky during the pickleball tournament.  I see her, Faith and unfortunately Leslie as the final three.

Spoiler

Just ignore this.

Edited by libgirl2
10 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

This is what I was wondering.  I'm hoping that her daughter is middle aged and that this wedding is her second and taking place at a courthouse.  If her daughter is only in her mid-thirties and this is her first marriage and it's the fancy ceremony with the big reception, then that's pretty f-ed up of Sondra (Sandra?) to miss it.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
26 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

think Ellen is a sweetheart, albeit a bit cocky during the pickleball tournament.  I see her, Faith and unfortunately Leslie as the final three.

Hmmm .. I don’t know about that.  Maybe this will be the first time he picks no one.  I think he’s comparing all of them to his wife.  I’m trying to find out if and who he picked in the end.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

He was still pretty fine looking.  

I always found Max von Sydow really attractive in his old age. And Christopher Plummer! Woo hoo! 

I also think Harrison Ford is still good looking & I think he 's in his 80s

• Like 9
19 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Hmmm .. I don’t know about that.  Maybe this will be the first time he picks no one.  I think he’s comparing all of them to his wife.  I’m trying to find out if and who he picked in the end.

I have read a rumor about the final 3, but as it is just a rumor, I take it with a grain of salt. 

If anyone wants to know, message me. Or I can put it on here as a spoiler. 

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I have read a rumor about the final 3, but as it is just a rumor, I take it with a grain of salt. 

If anyone wants to know, message me. Or I can put it on here as a spoiler. 

I've read a spoiler about the final two, but yeah, I don't know if it's legit.  If you google 'who are the final two on the golden bachelor,' it'll come up.  It's someone named Reality Steve who says it.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I've read a spoiler about the final two, but yeah, I don't know if it's legit.  If you google 'who are the final two on the golden bachelor,' it'll come up.  It's someone named Reality Steve who says it.

Its hard to know for sure. I have read rumors on other shows before and they were way off. 

• Like 3

I don't know how it happened, but somehow Susan became my favorite of all the ladies.  I don't for a second think he will pick her in the end, but she is just so fun and nice and genuine.  I want to be her friend. I'm shocked.  

• Like 16
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
Just now, NaughtyKitty said:

I don't know how it happened, but somehow Susan became my favorite of all the ladies.  I don't for a second think he will pick her in the end, but she is just so fun and nice and genuine.  I want to be her friend. I'm shocked.  

She does seem fun. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

If my mom went on a dating show, I don't know if I would be pissed or just find it hilarious. I lean towards pissed, but maybe this is a low key second marriage and its really not a big deal, I have no clue. But either way, I would find it significantly less charming than Gerry did. 

I'm good with Kathy getting cut, she probably got a walk out because he really was concerned that she would try to burn the house down. She seems like a lot, I don't think that's the kind of woman Gerry is looking for, he seems to want someone a little softer and more low key, a pickleball partner. 

My parents have really gotten into pickleball lately, as have a lot of their friends, so I was really amused by that being the athletic challenge. At least these ladies don't have to change into fetish stripper outfits to play sports like most of the girls and guys do on the main show. 

That Never Have I Ever game got spicy real fast! I also thought that the end of episode bit where April set off the smoke alarm with her cleansing incense was funny, its nice to see people in this franchise actually having fun.

Its really too bad Joan left, I really liked her and thought she and Gerry matched well, but leaving seemed like the right call for her. I bet she wouldn't have missed her daughters wedding!

• Like 11
5 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

She was wryly joking. I liked her better in this episode because she showed a sense of humor a few times.

• Like 10
6 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Fair point. Her daughter would be around my age, so likely at least one marriage already down. I’ll catch you at wedding #4!

it looked like a super casual wedding, no big reception or anything.

and we dont know how many times her daughter has been married, etc-it sounds sooo bad to ekip your kids wedding but we doont know the whole story.

I love sandra.

• Like 9

I was shocked and wondered if I heard right at at the skipping the wedding. I think they should have added a bit more to explanation. If it was not first and she had family already, it would have put it in more context but still it's your daughter's wedding and you choose a tv reality show? 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, NaughtyKitty said:

Totally agree! I thought she looked fab with the pompadour hair and hot pink jumpsuit at the rose ceremony! She is my new favorite since Edith left. She gives off "normal" vibes".

I have zero problem with Teresa tattling to Gerry after that conversation with Kathy, especially since Kathy went to Gerry blubbering over the "daggers" last week. Tit for tat, but I'm feeling like Gerry is not into all this drama - he's given Teresa the last rose two ceremonies in a row, like he's really debating if it's worth keeping her.....

I would have sent Sandra home for missing her daughter's wedding - that speaks more about her wrong priorities than anything else. Family first over a silly tv show!

I think Ellen and Leslie are the top two right now.

• Like 11

Here's my take on this show, there are two separate scenarios happening simultaneously.  One is for filming - each is given their "role", whether it be mean girl, victim, sexy siren, sweet/innocent, etc.  Gerry is in on this as well and understands that when the cameras a rolling, it's all an act.  Then, there's what we don't see, what isn't filmed.  That's when Gerry actually gets to know the ladies real persona. 

And, Susan has a million dollar smile!  She could do toothpaste commercials!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
9 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Here's my take on this show, there are two separate scenarios happening simultaneously.  One is for filming - each is given their "role", whether it be mean girl, victim, sexy siren, sweet/innocent, etc.  Gerry is in on this as well and understands that when the cameras a rolling, it's all an act.  Then, there's what we don't see, what isn't filmed.  That's when Gerry actually gets to know the ladies real persona. 

I'm sure there is a whole lot we don't see. I think some of it translates to screen though. 

• Like 7
47 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

The producers definitely try to edit the ladies into different roles—and convince them to go say/do things. And I’m sure there’s time in the house for the ladies that isn’t filmed. But Gerry would not have any time with the women and it not be filmed. The only exception is the “fantasy suite” dates, overnights with the final 3 contestants (presuming they do that on this series, as with the Bachelor/ette shows). Granted, we’re seeing only a snippet of the footage—hours distilled into minutes. But there’s no chance Gerry is seeing the “real” ladies without cameras around. if Gerry’s there with them, so is the full crew w/ cameras.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Regarding Sondra….break this down for me like I’m six, how is her missing her daughter’s wedding different from Joan leaving due to her daughter’s post-partum depression?  I still feel that someone in Joan’s family could have been with the daughter, giving Joan a chance to be with Gerry.

GREAT POINT, BooBoo.  And how are WE to know that wedding was her first...or even the second?

4 hours ago, Ilovepie said:
6 hours ago, NaughtyKitty said:

Totally agree! I thought she looked fab with the pompadour hair and hot pink jumpsuit at the rose ceremony! She is my new favorite since Edith left. She gives off "normal" vibes".

When he mentioned his late wive's very outgoing personality, I looked for photos.  Seeing Susan and noticing her personality, I thought he might pick her.

• Like 8
5 hours ago, Artsda said:

I was shocked and wondered if I heard right at at the skipping the wedding. I think they should have added a bit more to explanation. If it was not first and she had family already, it would have put it in more context but still it's your daughter's wedding and you choose a tv reality show? 

I read somewhere this show was 2 or 3 years in the making because of COVID, so there were lots of things that got screwed up, like a wedding and a birth where the ladies were supposed to be there instead of on the show.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, NaughtyKitty said:

Me too, she has been a favourite of mine from the beginning, great sense of humour, down to earth and fun.  

• Like 5

There are two reasons I can think of as to why Sandra would miss her daughter's wedding.  (1) This is her daughter's second or third marriage. (2) She doesn't like the guy and has voiced her opinion, but her daughter married him anyway.  Otherwise, she is dead wrong for that.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 10/19/2023 at 5:33 PM, Armchair Critic said:

Sandra is missing her daughter’s wedding for this?

Maybe it's  a vow renewal  or her daughter might be on her 2nd or 3rd wedding and it's not a big deal.  Her  daughter  could  be 40+.

Still I too thought it was an odd choice or they'd let her leave the mansion for a day or two to attend the wedding.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
33 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

There are two reasons I can think of as to why Sandra would miss her daughter's wedding.  (1) This is her daughter's second or third marriage. (2) She doesn't like the guy and has voiced her opinion, but her daughter married him anyway.  Otherwise, she is dead wrong for that.  

Or...... maybe they have been living together for years and the wedding was not an event, who knows or cares, her daughter didn't seem upset on the FaceTime phone call. 

• Like 8