Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: The Most Brynnteresting Girl in the Room

• Start Topic

Of all of the above, really looking forward to the Jessel/Pavit conversation and dynamic between the two. 

It's always hard to tell what's REALLY going on in a marriage, but from all indications so far, one can speculate that Pavit is living a dog's life. And by that I don't mean the life of an overindulged pampered lap dog, but rather, the life of an abused, barely fed, & blamed for everything, dog.  

Tonight might show us whether he's really annoying (especially to Jessel who seems annoyed with & dismissive of him), or rather, that he's the  guy practically wearing a "kick me" sign on his back (with Jessel happy to comply.)  Growing a spine or needing a kick in the butt.  Can't wait.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Wow!  It's almost like Brynn is reading this board.   To the person that said her hair looks like doll's hair and isn't attached to her head...here you go!  She showed her hair being washed and straightened.  I really wasn't aware she was biracial until this episode.  She's spending a ton on her hair if she goes to the hairdresser every week!

She reminds me of Jurnee Smollett circa Eve's Bayou.

jurnee.jpg

Edited by swankie
Added a thought.
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

Brynn’s a lot, that’s for sure.  I did feel sad for her regarding what she and her siblings have been through.  That said, I have WWHL on right now and at only a few minutes in, I want to turn the volume off.  Not sure I’ll be able to endure a whole season without FFing through Brynn-heavy scenes.  

Jessel’s a b.  I feel for her hub on several levels.

I do like Ubah - I find her to be funny,  for the most part - and I think she’s pretty authentic.  I found the scene in which she was emotional about her mom to be pretty endearing.  

I need to rewatch the episode, I missed a lot of it.  Still like Jenna and Erin the most, tonight I thought Sai was pretty sweet with Brynn, even though I’m sure the Brynnsgiving was just a producer-driven filming opportunity, more than anything.  

• Like 16

I think Brynn's hair is lovely, especially  curly, maybe when she's older, she'll realise just how beautiful it is. What she went through  as a child, brings things to the surface as an adult. I want to hug her and throttle  her at the same time. ( joking  about throttling)

I like Jenna, but she looked like she couldn't  be bothered  to dress for the meal, what was around her waist. I expect  what she wore, was very expensive though. 

I like Sai's husband , very down to earth, and I liked Jessel's husband  as well.

I love shakshuka, Erin's looked good enough to eat! I don't  know how I feel  about the show, they've  loosened  up, at least that's  my take, I'll  stay with it, for now.

• Like 9

I like Jenna and Erin very much. I like the way Jenna dresses the way she’d dress if there were no cameras. She is intelligent, charismatic, lovably self-conscious and interesting. 

Erin is sensible, reasonable, relatable, inspiring. She accomplished so much by the age of 25. She becomes more beautiful as she ages. Erin’s reaction to Jessel’s small talk with regard to Erin’s grandmother’s funeral was exactly how I would have reacted. 

Jessel should not have become a mother. 

• Like 19

I wonder if they deliberately cast Jessel because they know every TV show needs a villain.

Was Jenna trying to redeem Jessel by shopping for a gift for Erin with Jessel?

It’s really difficult for me to support anyone who discusses their children as if they were a nuisance. 

• Like 14

I'm really surprised at how so much personal information is being revealed so quickly.  The story of Brynn's childhood was heart breaking.  She seems to really be struggling with her past.  I felt like telling her that even though "the people who were supposed to love her couldn't," she proves she didn't need them by making it to where she is today.  I hope she has lots of people around her that genuinely love her. Everyone's family is different and love doesn't have to come from the same place for everyone.   

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

To me, it seems like Jenna and Erin are only on the show to promote themselves.  The rest are pretentious snobs who are not likable or fun.  Scenes of the City is the only thing of interest.  A very disappointing show so far.  I gave it a shot.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

didnt get to watch this last night so catching up with it now... just a couple thoughts 12min in

I guess shitty parents that kinda abandon you is more normal then i thought

Jessel was beyond rude leaving .. why not just walk up to Erin and punch her in the face and call her shit with that fucking attitude

• Like 8
  • Hugs 3

I am actually not minding Brynn that much ... Jessel on the other hand GOOD GOD...Basically did you have a super awesome time at your dead grandmothers funereal? then going oh that's unfortunate and just turning and walking away ... GIRL

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 17
  • Mind Blown 4

Jessel’s concern about the “right” schools for her children reminded me a little of Alex in the original RHONYC.  I wasn’t hearing clearly, but I took her  funeral conversation with Erin as her being awkward and not knowing what to say.  That can happen.  

I like Brynn’s hair too!  I do feel bad for her life,  being abandoned by her parents.  That’s a lot to stuff down — hope she has been able to talk through it.  

it’s interesting to see how this show evolves. 

• Like 12
8 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Jessel’s concern about the “right” schools for her children reminded me a little of Alex in the original RHONYC.  I wasn’t hearing clearly, but I took her  funeral conversation with Erin as her being awkward and not knowing what to say.  That can happen.  

I like Brynn’s hair too!  I do feel bad for her life,  being abandoned by her parents.  That’s a lot to stuff down — hope she has been able to talk through it.  

I think she just comes across so unauthentic and the turning and walking away at the end was just WOW .. when Jenna lyons who is socially awkward herself thinks what she did was weird there's something wrong LOL 

• Like 22
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, realityplease said:

Actually, it seems that Pavit - no fool - has Jessel's number. 

I think you’re right - and I hope so, for his sake.  

I love that he’s practical and down to Earth, I can’t stand that status-y, social climber shit by which she’s obviously motivated.  Gotta wonder how they made it this far or if they’ll make it through the raising of the kids with such differing priorities.  I suspect he has more influence than she’d Iike to admit.   That would only benefit her, if she were smart…listen to your sensible, wise hubby, woman -you’re fortunate to have even landed him, from the perspective of THIS nobody!

• Like 15

Jenna responding in her talking head about why she shared "cackling hags" with (paraphrasing) "I don't know, I shouldn't have." was simultaneously so refreshing and so side eye inducing I got dizzy.  It would be amazing if she really meant it but I find it hard to believe she doesn't understand the value of a good shit stir on these shows. 

• Like 16
  • Wink 2

Erin has led a charmed life. Such a juxtaposition to Brynn's. 

Speaking of Brynn. This is the third episode we had to hear about her shitty childhood. Enough already. She is starving for attention. Every time someone walked in to the "Brynnsgiving" she immediately turned around with her little dance so they could see the super low back on her dress and how good she looked. She would be exhausting to have as a friend. 

Interesting how Jessel said that Pavit was not interested in or initiated sex, either. He's not that in to her. 

All in all, when these women are together they are extremely boring. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

I simultaneously feel for Brynn and am tired of her.  I am sorry she had a terrible childhood. At the same time, I don't understand the desire to open that wound on a reality show again and again.  I know it's early in this cast's run, so the focus is on getting to know them.  It's just a bit much for me. Also, regardless of her background, I'm not sure she's the most interesting person in the room even if she's there alone. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Erin has led a charmed life. Such a juxtaposition to Brynn's. 

Speaking of Brynn. This is the third episode we had to hear about her shitty childhood. Enough already. She is starving for attention. Every time someone walked in to the "Brynnsgiving" she immediately turned around with her little dance so they could see the super low back on her dress and how good she looked. She would be exhausting to have as a friend. 

Interesting how Jessel said that Pavit was not interested in or initiated sex, either. He's not that in to her. 

All in all, when these women are together they are extremely boring. 

It was so odd how Brynn greeted each howife as they arrived, by backing towards them, apparently to show off the back of the outfit. There was something sticking out of the top of the bottom scoop, which I think Sai tucked in. Then in another shot, I think when Jenna arrived, you could see the outfit reflected in the mirror, and it looked like Brynn was wearing a loaded diaper. It was not nearly as hot of a look as she seemed to think it was. 

Love Jessel's husband, who seems much more down to earth than she is (same goes for Sai and Sai's husband). Twice Jessel accused Pavel of calling her a bitch, which he didn't. What a bitch.

I had to laugh at Erin saying that due to her job, she has little tolerance for B.S. Yet she signed up for a show that is known to have a lot of B.S.(no matter which franchise). I call B.S. on her statement. I am still enjoying Erin though. 

Jenna is still my fav, but I do think she goes a bit too much out of her way to dress down. I understand finding pants more comfortable than dresses (I do too) but would it hurt to put on a nice top, rather than faded denim? It was for a special occasion (Brynnsgiving aside). Also wasn't Jenna the one who had a dress code at the party she threw at her home? Just seems like she is trying too hard to not look like she is trying too hard. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 13

Didn't Sai and Jenna also have terrible childhoods?Sai grew up dirt poor and Jenna had a mother who was cold and had mental health issues of her own.  I don't get why all the focus on Brynn. Because she's single, no kids and said her family sucks? I thought she said she had 2 sisters. 

• Like 8
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Brynn's background is in PR.  She knows that putting out the "terrible childhood" narrative - will get her the sympathetic edit.  And we now see viewers saying how wrong they were about her, etc.

IMO, someone having a tough childhood, doesn't entitled them to a free pass.  And that doesn't mean I am supporting abuse.  But the fact that she keeps randomly bringing it up - makes it look very performative - and staged.

Edited by escape
  • Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Erin at her job, Brynn at the salon, and Ubah talking about her mother...these are scenes I've been eagerly awaiting for.  It explains why Erin is take charge, why Brynn is starving for attention, and we finally got to know something about Ubah.

A few people that live in NYC say the public schools aren't good so I get why Jessel is all about the private school.  And I agree with Jenna that Jessel means well..but doesn't know how she comes across.  Her hubby was trying to nicely point that out and she wasn't hearing it.

Sai's husband is a keeper..and I feel so bad that Sai and Brynn aren't as close now..since they seem close here.

Jenna...in with the pot stirring...I approve.

• Like 13
22 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

.....A few people that live in NYC say the public schools aren't good so I get why Jessel is all about the private school.  ...

I didn't get the impression that Jessel was focusing on the quality of learning or education  but instead she was worried about status, connections and networking for social climbing.  It's a typical NY thing. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

It was so odd how Brynn greeted each howife as they arrived, by backing towards them, apparently to show off the back of the outfit. There was something sticking out of the top of the bottom scoop, which I think Sai tucked in.

This was SO WEIRD!!!!  I went back and re-watched it after reading your comment. It was like an animal in heat sticking their ass in the other animal's face. That's very crass, but she was not being subtle at all, and she did it to everyone. I've never seen someone do that before.  

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

It was so odd how Brynn greeted each howife as they arrived, by backing towards them, apparently to show off the back of the outfit. There was something sticking out of the top of the bottom scoop, which I think Sai tucked in. Then in another shot, I think when Jenna arrived, you could see the outfit reflected in the mirror, and it looked like Brynn was wearing a loaded diaper. It was not nearly as hot of a look as she seemed to think it was. 

I think that was her microphone pack.  They all have to wear them and sometimes their outfits make it hard to conceal them. That's what it looked like to me anyway.

Edited by swankie
Added a word.
  • Like 11
10 hours ago, swankie said:

I think that was her microphone pack.  They all have to wear them and sometimes their outfits make it hard to conceal them. That's what it looked like to me anyway.

I thought the microphone pack might be what was sticking out that Sai tucked in earlier. The clip I am referring to is actually when Erin arrived (not Jenna as I posted earlier). It is at the 50.21 mark. Her entire bum is lumpy and bumpy, I don't think the pack would cause that. Or if it did, she definitely chose the wrong outfit. Obviously they all wear the packs when they are filming, but I have never seen one that is the size of someone's entire azz. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • LOL 4
9 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

I didn't get the impression that Jessel was focusing on the quality of learning or education  but instead she was worried about status, connections and networking for social climbing.  It's a typical NY thing. 

Exactly. She wants her kids to be able to establish influential connections. It happens with colleges, as well, so parents fight, and spend a lot of money for their kids to be admitted to prestigious colleges.

• Like 5
15 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Love Jessel's husband, who seems much more down to earth than she is (same goes for Sai and Sai's husband). Twice Jessel accused Pavel of calling her a bitch, which he didn't. What a bitch.

I had to laugh at Erin saying that due to her job, she has little tolerance for B.S. Yet she signed up for a show that is known to have a lot of B.S.(no matter which franchise). I call B.S. on her statement. I am still enjoying Erin though. 

Jenna is still my fav, but I do think she goes a bit too much out of her way to dress down. I understand finding pants more comfortable than dresses (I do too) but would it hurt to put on a nice top, rather than faded denim? It was for a special occasion (Brynnsgiving aside). Also wasn't Jenna the one who had a dress code at the party she threw at her home? Just seems like she is trying to hard to not look like she is trying too hard. 

Agree about Jenna. I was very confused by what she wore to Sai’s house. I thought she looked like Lou Diamond Phillips in Stand and Deliver. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

All of the women complaining and practically running out of Erin's house. I'll ask again ladies, where are your Hamptons homes?

I love Jenna and her accidental shit stirring lol

Sai is still rubbing me the wrong way but I do like her husband

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

I am sorry that Brynn had a bad childhood and that does inform her adult behavior, BUT it doesn't excuse it. You can't swing a yardstick without hitting someone who had a shitty childhood; there are at least two others on this same show. Brynn has landed very well on her feet so I cannot feel too sorry for her.

Non-related - If anyone from Primetimer powers to be is reading this, PLEASE do something about all the ads. Even on my laptop it has become almost impossible to read and post on the forums and with mobile devices? Forget about it!

• Like 5
  • Applause 12

I'm still liking the show! I think on the whole the women are pretty quick-witted and entertaining. I don't think I would like them all as people if I met them in real life, but that's true of virtually all of the RHW. I love that Jenna doesn't feel like she belongs on this show at all and that the person emerging as the "villain" (Jessel) is not someone who seems to be intentionally crafting that narrative for herself. And I actually like hearing their back stories because they're all new to us at this point. It's not like it's season one million and we're hearing about Ramona's abusive dad and Bethenny's raised-by-wolves childhood and JP Morgan for the umteenth time. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

I am sorry that Brynn had a bad childhood and that does inform her adult behavior, BUT it doesn't excuse it. You can't swing a yardstick without hitting someone who had a shitty childhood; there are at least two others on this same show. Brynn has landed very well on her feet so I cannot feel too sorry for her.

Non-related - If anyone from Primetimer powers to be is reading this, PLEASE do something about all the ads. Even on my laptop it has become almost impossible to read and post on the forums and with mobile devices? Forget about it!

I ended up switching to a different browser at someone else’s recommendation on these forums.  I’m using DuckDuck Go just for Primetimer.  It’s so much better,  Had the same issues as you.  The pages just kept reloading over and over and over ….    Reported it in an email but got no response.

Another person recommended Opera as a browser and said it works well too. 

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 8/7/2023 at 12:07 PM, Thumper said:

Jessel’s concern about the “right” schools for her children reminded me a little of Alex in the original RHONYC.  

To a certain group of people in New York, status is everything.

On 8/7/2023 at 3:22 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I simultaneously feel for Brynn and am tired of her.  I am sorry she had a terrible childhood. At the same time, I don't understand the desire to open that wound on a reality show again and again.  

This! At times I like her. The salon scene was good. At the Brynnsgiving  she was too much.

I might be in the minority but this group is growing on me. I know I say this weekly, I’d love to see them get together with the OGs. 

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I might be in the minority but this group is growing on me. I know I say this weekly, I’d love to see them get together with the OGs. 

I'm going to stick with it for awhile but I'm not completely on board yet.  I'm  okay so far with Erin and Jenna but the others veer toward turning me off. I have a real problem with people who make a big deal about their humble beginnings but then go on to act as though they cannot subsist on anything other than rarified air.  

This crew wouldn't have fit in well with the core OG's although I think some of the past cast like Jules would have been a better match here.  Even Eboni.  

On 8/7/2023 at 4:08 PM, escape said:

Brynn's background is in PR.  She knows that putting out the "terrible childhood" narrative - will get her the sympathetic edit.  And we now see viewers saying how wrong they were about her, etc.

IMO, someone having a tough childhood, doesn't entitled them to a free pass.  And that doesn't mean I am supporting abuse.  But the fact that she keeps randomly bringing it up - makes it look very performative - and staged.

That's how it is coming across to me also.  Not sure if that is all her or production or both.  Regardless of her background the person being filmed now is annoying and seems in constant need of attention. I have to wonder how how many of her cast mates would actually have a relationship with her if not for this show.  

• Like 8
On 8/9/2023 at 7:25 PM, ichbin said:

I'm going to stick with it for awhile but I'm not completely on board yet.  I'm  okay so far with Erin and Jenna but the others veer toward turning me off. I have a real problem with people who make a big deal about their humble beginnings but then go on to act as though they cannot subsist on anything other than rarified air.  

This crew wouldn't have fit in well with the core OG's although I think some of the past cast like Jules would have been a better match here.  Even Eboni.  

That's how it is coming across to me also.  Not sure if that is all her or production or both.  Regardless of her background the person being filmed now is annoying and seems in constant need of attention. I have to wonder how how many of her cast mates would actually have a relationship with her if not for this show.  

It might be that production directed her toward the story, but the show is new, and the HWs are supposed to introduce themselves. Brynn might be seeking attention now because she didn't receive enough when she was younger. 

The women shouldn't be so annoyed they had to spend a couple of days at the boring in the fall Hamptons. Erin's house was nice, and the restaurants they went to were not exactly empty. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, ZettaK said:

It might be that production directed her toward the story, but the show is new, and the HWs are supposed to introduce themselves. Brynn might be seeking attention now because she didn't receive enough when she was younger. 

The women shouldn't be so annoyed they had to spend a couple of days at the boring in the fall Hamptons. Erin's house was nice, and the restaurants they went to were not exactly empty. 

Not only that, but they were paid to be there.

• Like 7
On 8/6/2023 at 9:58 PM, goofygirl said:

Is it just me or is Brynn annoying as hell??

She’s annoying as hell.  And just gross.

On 8/7/2023 at 2:55 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Erin is sensible, reasonable, relatable, inspiring. She accomplished so much by the age of 25. She becomes more beautiful as she ages. Erin’s reaction to Jessel’s small talk with regard to Erin’s grandmother’s funeral was exactly how I would have reacted. 

Erin is accomplished but she had family money and connections.  That helps, a lot.  You still have to do the work, but she was born on 3rd base.

On 8/7/2023 at 11:07 AM, Thumper said:

This show sucks.  “Interesting” is not a word I would use.  Boring and try-hard, that’s what this is.

Ubah and her “we are just a crazy group of girls!”  Really?  When is that?  Erin laughing hysterically at Brynn saying she needs Plan B.. I don’t know why that’s so funny.  Deserves a snicker, maybe.  

I feel embarrassed for all of them.  Mostly Brynn who doesn’t know good attention from bad attention.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 8
  • Love 1