Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: The Most Brynnteresting Girl in the Room

• Start Topic

I am liking the women (other than Jessel) and am finding this more like the old-style RHONYC where we see their houses and families, and it's not all about the next trip abroad (although I expect that is to come).

I was moved by Brynn talking about her grandma, and completely understood that the grandma wouldn't have any clue about the need for her granddaughter to go to a salon for black women until her co-worker mentioned it. I can see why she has developed such a hard shell around her.

I like Erin, but Jenna is my favourite. She doesn't even pretend these women are her friends. I think she's the coolest housewife we've ever had.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3

I'm continuing to watch mainly because I'm intrigued by Jenna. I love her awkwardness, and her willingness to admit her awkwardness. Since she has such a fab closet, I wish she would switch up her outfits a bit. Nothing wrong with dress shirts and pants, but I'm a bit tired of staring at her bony sternum. I don't mind Erin either, but her immensely privileged life is quite a contrast to some of the other women.

I'm sorry for the rough childhood that Brynn had, but I still don't care for her - in fact I find her attention seeking annoying as all get out. If she weren't "on" all the time, she would be easier to tolerate. I don't care for Sai either, but her husband seems like a nice guy and her daughter is adorable.

I have to say I was kind of surprised and impressed that Ubah had come up with her own line of condiments, and that it appears to be doing well. That was not on my bingo card for her.

Jessel is just straight-up awful, and I'm glad her husband isn't a milquetoast and stuck to his guns when calling her out. Her whole interaction with Erin at the dinner regarding the memorial Erin attended was indeed bizarre. I admit I'm kind of watching for her too, because she's really terrible and totally oblivious about it which is fascinating.

I guess I'm probably in for the long haul now!

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

I'm with Sai r.e. the shashuka for breakfast. I'm maybe down for it later in the day, but I am not a fan of tomatoes and - for breakfast? Yuck, no thank you. Please note that I will also eat pretty much anything put in front of me, including escargot, reindeer stew, putrefied shark, and haggis, but for some reason I am drawing a line at that many tomatoes in the shashuka.

Erin's father is SO odd-looking to me, but WOW did he and her mother teach her well. She's remarkably accomplished. I was cracking up at the sticky hands on the ceiling because I've been there. Those things and that kinetic sand shit are from hell.

What does Brynn do for work? The internet says "a freelance marketing communications consultant," but I honestly don't know what that means. 😂 I can relate to her hair story as my family is whiter than a hospital wall, but my grandbaby is half Black. She's much darker than Brynn and no one would question she's biracial, but her hair is in between a 3A and a 3B (which is a wonderful primer for me, someone who's never styled anything but wavy hair!). I'm also raising her due to my daughter's addiction issues, so I'm grateful for the experience. And it's so awesome not to have to wash her hair constantly like I did with my own kids! ❤️❤️

Wait wait - Sai is having a friendsgiving but didn't know what was being served at her own house? Was that scripted? Holy shit, my palms almost started sweating thinking about asking a chef about what's being served at my dinner. Then the caterer popping food in her mouth and then handling MORE food without washing her hands (she had gloves on but still - change them?). 😳

Sai's daughter was right - Ubah did look like a bumblebee at friendsgiving. Jessel's sweater would have worked with fine with jeans, but with that skirt? Her tetas also looked awful in it. Also, WTF kind of table layout was that? It looked like someone went to an empty lot in between buildings in NYC and pulled up some weeds and just tossed them on the table.

Jessel's sex life, or lack thereof, needs to stay in her bedroom. If we want to hear about another postpartum woman talking about not having sex, we'll ask you, OK? I could not give less of a shit if she gets her cobwebs cleaned out or not. She needs to remove the stick from her ass first, followed by a personality transplant. Then maybe we'll actually care.

Jenna, honey, I love you. But "I totally shared it but I didn't want to stir the pot"? That's not a great formula for being on this show ... OR IS IT? 😳😂💡

• Like 4
  • Applause 1