Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: A Romantic Getaway and a Germanic Meat-Based Diet; S06.E22: A Tornado, a 10-Hour Flight and a Darn Fine Ring

• Start Topic

Mandy surprises Georgie with a spa weekend and Sheldon prepares for his summer in Germany.

Sheldon and Mary head to Germany while the rest of the Cooper family braves a tornado that is heading straight for Medford.

Season finale. Airdate: May 18, 2023

...get more tin foil. "You're not makin' a hat, are you?"

lol at how impressed Tanya looked when George said Missy stole his truck.

-God doesn't care about grammar.
-You're not gonna be on a ten hour flight with God.

It drives me crazy when people on TV are driving and looking at everything but the road in front of them.

Did not expect to cry but Missy after the tornado got me...

• Like 15
  • Love 1
(edited)

Wow on the latter half of the finale

I hadn’t read the plot of the finale so I didn’t know about the tornado

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 4

Good call by the director to have Iain Armitage look sincerely concerned for Missy when he apologized to her. 
I don't recall ever seeing such an emotional look on "Sheldon" before, which made it very effective.

I lived in tornado country off and on for 30-odd years, so I was familiar with the recommendation to get out of the car and lay in a ditch, but it never occurred to me that the ditch would (of course) be filled with water. Muddy water. 
I was wondering if the truck would be unscathed and Missy would think it was dumb they had laid in the ditch. I'm glad they didn't do that.

So. 
Are we taking bets on whether or not the pastor finds the box of Raisin Bran?
And, if he does, will Meemaw be obligated to tithe the church out of the box?

• Like 14

Besides being chronically immature, what is Mandy's problem? If I could give Georgie a bit of advice, it would be, "Don't walk away from this relationship. Run! And take the baby." This woman is the epitome of an unstable self-centered brat. Poke sleeping dogs much? At least Missy is mature enough to recognize and profit from her epiphany in a ditch.

The Summer hiatus question:  will everyone staying at the Cooper house put a damper on any shenanigans between George and Brenda?

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

It drives me crazy when people on TV are driving and looking at everything but the road in front of them.

George seems to be one of those who has to be looking directly at whoever he's talking to, even while driving. Maybe eye contact is supposed to be an act of courtesy. It may not be distracting to him, but it is to us viewers.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Bobbin said:

At least Missy is mature enough to recognize and profit from her epiphany in a ditch.

Except that we know from Sheldon's voice over that she still snuck out more than 30 times over the summer, so... not sure if the epiphany lasted.

This finale had a lot of funny lines, as well as a lot of really serious content. I really liked it. 

Sheldon can be obnoxious, but I really give him credit for learning the language and trying to prepare himself to eat the food. We know how much he hates change andhow fussy he is about food! I also liked seeing him and the scientist on the plane getting along-- it bothers me that they always show his mentors resenting him. It's nice that he was actually getting a good reception for once. And that was a good bit of acting when he was telling Missy he had been sincerely worried about her. I really felt the catch in his throat and the naked honesty of it. And frankly-- she was smoking, and she had stolen the truck once already, it's not like he didn't have any reason to actuallybe worried.

• Like 22

I loved both episodes of the finale.

George Sr. and Missy in the ditch was such an emotional moment. Poor MeeMaw losing her house. I wonder if Mary will end up flying home? 

I agree that Georgie might want to rethink this engagement. Tying yourself to a woman whose life decisions are based on what spites her mother isn't a good idea. 

• Like 19
  • Applause 1

So have we definitely deviated from BBT canon? (again?) Wasn’t it his own house that was demolished by the  tornado, not Meemaw’s?

22 minutes ago, Bobbin said:

will everyone staying at the Cooper house put a damper on any shenanigans between George and Brenda?

There’s always the chicken coop 🤢

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
36 minutes ago, possibilities said:

And that was a good bit of acting when he was telling Missy he had been sincerely worried about her. I really felt the catch in his throat and the naked honesty of it.

The Sheldon character is so one-dimesional, it's easy to forget what a talented actor Iain is. Early on, he and Raegan were part of an ensemble network promo as their natural selves, laughing, and I didn't even recognize him.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

Except that we know from Sheldon's voice over that she still snuck out more than 30 times over the summer, so... not sure if the epiphany lasted.

I agree, but I'm not sure how he would have found that out-unless Missy told him about it when they grew up.

1 hour ago, possibilities said:

And frankly-- she was smoking, and she had stolen the truck once already, it's not like he didn't have any reason to actually be worried.

I thought he would remind Missy how worried she had been about Paige, so that at least she would understand why he was concerned about her.

• Like 10
2 hours ago, kay1864 said:

So have we definitely deviated from BBT canon? (again?) Wasn’t it his own house that was demolished by the  tornado, not Meemaw’s?

I think it was a different tornado a year or two later. 

1 hour ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I thought he would remind Missy how worried she had been about Paige, so that at least she would understand why he was concerned about her.

I agree. Sheldon did it because he cared about her and was worried about her, and wants to protect her. He loves his sister, even if he doesn't understand her at all. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I applaud the writers who knew what George and Missy should do in the event of a tornado.  Too often you see people huddled in their cars under overpasses, which is one of the worst things to do.  I also appreciate the realism regarding the tornado itself — the capriciousness of its nature and how it just spun up — unlike in other shows where they seemed to have hours to find a safe place.

But yeah, George lying on top of Missy in the ditch and her tearful epiphany really got me.  And for once, I didn’t dislike Pastor Jeff.  I do hope Brenda and Billy are okay.

• Like 16
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Browncoat said:

I applaud the writers who knew what George and Missy should do in the event of a tornado.  Too often you see people huddled in their cars under overpasses, which is one of the worst things to do.  I also appreciate the realism regarding the tornado itself — the capriciousness of its nature and how it just spun up — unlike in other shows where they seemed to have hours to find a safe place.

But yeah, George lying on top of Missy in the ditch and her tearful epiphany really got me.  And for once, I didn’t dislike Pastor Jeff.  I do hope Brenda and Billy are okay.

One guilty culprit of this was the tornado episode of Desperate Housewives: the warning came in the morning, the tornado in the evening.  Some residents boarded up windows in the interim.  The kindest explanation is the writers don’t know the difference between a hurricane and a tornado.

But this entire season leaned heavily on the drama; there wasn’t enough comedy.  Baby CeeCee has the most beautiful eyes!

• Like 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, nora1992 said:

The kindest explanation is the writers don’t know the difference between a hurricane and a tornado.

In their defense, I live in tornado alley and there are times where the meteorologists know days in advance that the weather is shaping up to be really bad, so we kind of have a heads up on it.  Also, the sky just looks different when this kind of weather is rolling in.   This happened in April of 2011 during the Super Outbreak.  The experts were predicting severe weather, but of course couldn't know days ahead exactly where it would occur but had a pretty good idea it would happen.  About half of our state was under constant tornado watch or warning for most of that day, with many tornadoes ending up touching down and doing major damage.   I didn't watch Desperate Housewives, so I don't know if this explanation fits that episode.  

It was nice seeing Sheldon show genuine emotion to Missy.  We knew he was sincere in trying to protect her.  I do hope she gets a better attitude after this!!  I hated seeing Connie's house destroyed.  So sad for her.  

ETA:  We don't board up windows for tornadoes, just hurricanes!!

Edited by Chit Chat
  • Like 6

If Connie doesn't start laundering her money through her cash intensive no inventory business I am going to lose it! Or at the very least buy a big safe. Even gun safe wouldn't draw too much attention and would be more secure than a box of Raisin Bran. She is maybe the dumbest criminal out there.

Also, time for Georgie to start getting paid more. Connie is just sitting on stacks of cash and Georgie is still living in a garage? And needs a salary advance to pay for a ring. He should be asking for a bigger cut.

Missy's pain and then her revelation at the end were done so well. I knew they weren't going to die but I was still scared for them. I'm not surprised Missy still snuck out of the house. Being grounded for the summer is a long time to not go out. I do hope she stopped smoking at least.

• Like 21
  • Applause 3
(edited)

That was a really good way to end the season.  Enough humor to balance out the drama and aggravation.

Tying yourself to a woman whose life decisions are based on what spites her mother isn't a good idea. 

This is such a great statement about Mandy & her maturity level. 

I'm in Hurricane AND Tornado country, and have had to ditch the car for a ravine during an active tornado warning, so I know that terrifying feeling.  You think "If a tornado can pick up my car, it can pick up ME too".  Then boom, it's gone.  Sometimes it takes all the rain with it.  Crazy stuff. 

Of course Missy bounces back to her spunky, snarky self.  When Sheldon gets back she'll still torture him, but will have forgiven him. 

And maybe the close quarters in the Cooper house later on forces George to find some "peace" outside.  Plus, do we know for certain that Brenda is the blonde that George cheats with? Was that firmly established somewhere?  Not just speculation and previous encounters?

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 9
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree that Georgie might want to rethink this engagement. Tying yourself to a woman whose life decisions are based on what spites her mother isn't a good idea. 

Initially, when Mandy said they should get married, I was telling her "Don't do it, he's a sweet kid but he's still a kid.", but by the time they were at her mother's house, it was Georgie I was advising to not get married.

The whole ditch scene with George and Missy was fantastic.  And scary.

1 minute ago, SnapHappy said:

Plus, do we know for certain that Brenda is the blonde that George cheats with? Was that firmly established somewhere?  Not just speculation and previous encounters?

No, we don't.  It's just speculation based on their night at the bar before George had the heart attack.

• Like 8
10 hours ago, kay1864 said:

I think we have an example of what older Georgie was talking about on BBT:  that Sheldon didn't realize everything that was going on because everyone else thought he couldn't take it.  He's going to Germany and won't care about what's happening at home because he's so self centered.

The sets and props people must have had a ball knocking down Connie's house!

And I noticed Sheldon's "Be a lamb" to get someone to do something has made it to YS.

• Like 8
(edited)

I'm such a dunce, I didn't realize there were two episodes, so I watched the second without understanding about the proposal.  I thought I must have missed something or the writers were just skipping over something.  Now I have to go back and watch the first episode.  The tornado scene was really stark.  I loved when the flight attendant gave Mary a gin and tonic--and she just chugged the gin.

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1

Missy has turned into an annoying brat this season and only cares when serious matters come up. Reminds me of me at that age 🤣.

When Sheldon knocked on Missy's door but not 3 times, it reminded me of the upcoming event that caused it and.....not soon please.

• Like 8
42 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

I think we have an example of what older Georgie was talking about on BBT:  that Sheldon didn't realize everything that was going on because everyone else thought he couldn't take it.  He's going to Germany and won't care about what's happening at home because he's so self centered.

Sheldon isn't an idiot and even the worst interpretation of his personality would suggest he knows the difference between his Meemaw's house and his house. The place where all his stuff is. The stuff just last week he cared about too much to part with. The place where he lives and expects to return to in a few months with nothing untouched because he's that anal. His computer and trains are there. He knows the difference. Not to mention that he would know what house got hit when he returns home and his house is the exact same while Connie's house is not. 

So either this show isn't actually connected to TBBT or there's another tornado coming. I will never be convinced that Sheldon got objective facts wrong. Subjective things like George being a drunk (because to Sheldon any drinking is too much drinking) sure, but I am certain he can tell the difference between two different houses.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, HyeChaps said:

The first sight of Connie’s demolished house took my breath away. 

Bravo to the crew that made that demolished house look so real.  And what a mess to clean up.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, possibilities said:

And that was a good bit of acting when he was telling Missy he had been sincerely worried about her. I really felt the catch in his throat and the naked honesty of it. And frankly-- she was smoking, and she had stolen the truck once already, it's not like he didn't have any reason to actually be worried.

It reminded me of the scene on BBT when he says to Penny, "please don't hurt my friend" (of course, in true Sheldon style, he does it by sneaking into her bedroom late at night and scaring the crap out of her).

10 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

I think it was a different tornado a year or two later. 

Guess it depends on whether they changed the timeline or he goes to Germany again at 15. I noticed on the plane they had him make a joke about 'visiting [a] professor' so I'm thinking this is a bit of a revision of what we knew about his trip to Germany from BBT (when Penny asks if he was studying abroad, he responds with "visiting professor"; I mentioned this in a previous thread and someone said maybe he meant he was visiting someone who was a professor...perhaps that person was right (though I doubt that was the original intention back then)).

6 hours ago, nora1992 said:

One guilty culprit of this was the tornado episode of Desperate Housewives: the warning came in the morning, the tornado in the evening.  Some residents boarded up windows in the interim.  The kindest explanation is the writers don’t know the difference between a hurricane and a tornado.

Or the difference between a watch and a warning? A watch I can understand earlier in the day, but a warning means a tornado is potentially imminent. (I'm in central NJ; not exactly tornado country, but we had a warning several weeks ago, and I closed the bedroom doors and shut myself in the bathroom (my only interior room with a door, aside from my closet), with my laptop and phone, since I live on the second floor. When I first got the alert, the sky outside my window looked mostly clear, but when I looked toward my right it was cloudy and within a few minutes it was getting very dark outside. It was positively ominous. Thankfully nothing happened but some really heavy rain (possibly hail, from the sound of it) and thunder, and my power didn't even go out.)

3 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

The first sight of Connie’s demolished house took my breath away. 

Her reaction to seeing it, right after saying that Mary's house looked okay, had me saying "oh, no...."

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 3
15 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Did not expect to cry but Missy after the tornado got me...

I felt sorry for Raegan having to do a scene like that just a few months after she and her mother were in a terrible car accident.

I sympathized with Missy, even though she was being terrible. Every dime in that household goes to Sheldon. If I were her I'd be thinking, would there be any money for me if I did get into college? George doesn't work in the summer; what are he and Missy even living on, with Mary gone?

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

I lived through a devastating tornado in Huntsville, AL back in November 1989. The show did an excellent job showing how they just pop up and how random their devastation can be. 

I was about 40 miles south of you when that one hit.  That one tore up a lot of homes and commercial buildings.  I was in Huntsville in 2011 when all hell was breaking loose with the outbreak of tornadoes.  I never had to jump in a ditch like George and Missy, and although they tell us to do that, it would still be difficult to lay out there in the open like that, but they didn't have many options.  I've heard the experts say that if an F5 is coming at you, you pretty much have to be underground to survive that. 

Poor Connie.  She loses her house and her Raisin Bran!  Maybe she'll get a built-in safe when they build her a new home (assuming she rebuilds), and not risk her money by putting it in cereal boxes.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
(edited)

I'm glad even Paster Jeff knows this is not the time to preach against gambling, and illegal gambling at that. Maybe this will be the thing that heals Mary and his friendship which gets Mary involved in religion again. I can't imagine the church members, even with their judgmental attitudes, not helping Connie and others with damaged houses. And now Georgie and Mandi are "doing the right thing" by getting married (we know from BBT that Georgie got married at 19). 

Edited by Snow Apple
  • Like 6
20 minutes ago, Chit Chat said:

I was about 40 miles south of you when that one hit.  That one tore up a lot of homes and commercial buildings.  I was in Huntsville in 2011 when all hell was breaking loose with the outbreak of tornadoes.  I never had to jump in a ditch like George and Missy, and although they tell us to do that, it would still be difficult to lay out there in the open like that, but they didn't have many options.  I've heard the experts say that if an F5 is coming at you, you pretty much have to be underground to survive that. 

Poor Connie.  She loses her house and her Raisin Bran!  Maybe she'll get a built-in safe when they build her a new home (assuming she rebuilds), and not risk her money by putting it in cereal boxes.  

We were sent home from work early because of the weather. I found out they were still having church (and a dinner I had already paid for) so I opened the door to leave. The sky had a black top layer and a bright layer underneath with a big black funnel cloud coming from it. Then I heard it. It sounded just like a train. I laid on the floor across the door jambs until it quieted down.  Everything on Airport Road was destroyed. 21 people ended up dying. 

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 3
9 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

I can't imagine the church members, even with their judgmental attitudes, not helping Connie and others with damaged houses

People tend to put those things aside when there's been some calamity or death.  It's sad that it takes a disaster to do that, but hopefully Mary's church family will step up and offer some help - or at least bake a few casseroles!

• Like 7
34 minutes ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

George doesn't work in the summer; what are he and Missy even living on, with Mary gone?

12 month school district employees can opt to get paid over 12 months instead of just during the school year.

• Like 7
  • Useful 4
2 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

I laid on the floor across the door jambs until it quieted down.  Everything on Airport Road was destroyed. 21 people ended up dying. 

I'm glad you were okay.  Many years after that I worked for a man whose office is near Airport Road (it was all rebuilt by then), but I saw pictures of the devastation.  I had a friend who was in the area but headed back south before the tornado hit. IIRC, she said the sky had a greenish color an hour or so before.  Most people in areas of tornadoes have a sixth sense when it comes to storms, i.e. the feel of the weather and how the sky looks, long before the worst happens. Also, the farm animals start acting anxious.  Always pay attention to what the animals do!!  I've always said that if I see animals walking side by side up I-65, I'm going to follow them!! 

I was very happy that Pastor Jeff came through for Connie.  Sometimes the writers make him too much of a caricature.  It was nice to see him acting in the capacity of what a lot of pastors do best - helping their flock.  

• Like 4
2 hours ago, vibeology said:

So either this show isn't actually connected to TBBT or there's another tornado coming. I will never be convinced that Sheldon got objective facts wrong. Subjective things like George being a drunk (because to Sheldon any drinking is too much drinking) sure, but I am certain he can tell the difference between two different houses.

I think it's a second tornado.    

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

Missy has turned into an annoying brat this season and only cares when serious matters come up. Reminds me of me at that age 

Yeah, she's definitely become a teenage girl.  I don't find her annoying, but I recognize her attitude.

1 hour ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

George doesn't work in the summer

Some teachers are paid year-round.  Maybe he's one of them.  And a football coach probably has to go back to work before school actually starts.

• Like 6
(edited)

Never keep your money in the house.

They saved the two best episodes of the season for last - these ones had some good laughs and honest emotion. I loved the flight attendant experiencing Sheldon and then handing Mary a drink - which she readily accepts.

I stand with the WGA but hopefully new seasons of this and Ghosts won't be delayed too long - Iain will be even taller by the time they resume filming.

Edited by januaryman
  • Like 11
4 hours ago, ams1001 said:

It reminded me of the scene on BBT when he says to Penny, "please don't hurt my friend" (of course, in true Sheldon style, he does it by sneaking into her bedroom late at night and scaring the crap out of her).

Guess it depends on whether they changed the timeline or he goes to Germany again at 15. I noticed on the plane they had him make a joke about 'visiting [a] professor' so I'm thinking this is a bit of a revision of what we knew about his trip to Germany from BBT (when Penny asks if he was studying abroad, he responds with "visiting professor"; I mentioned this in a previous thread and someone said maybe he meant he was visiting someone who was a professor...perhaps that person was right (though I doubt that was the original intention back then)).

That BBT scene actually brought tears to my eyes.   And when he told Amy he loved her for the first time.  Damn show. 

With these writers though, it could show next season that Sheldon ended up taking over for that very visiting professor and in fact, becoming a "visiting professor" of sorts.   

We just never know what they'll do to close those BBT loops they never knew they'd have to deal with.  I can't imagine the spreadsheets they have to use to manage all these plot intersections between the 2 shows.  *LOL*

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
(edited)

That was a great pair of episodes, a great mix of laughs and drama. Seeing Meemaw's house totaled like that really took my breath away, that was a great job by the production staff. The show really nailed how fast tornados can happen and how much damage they can do in a short amount of time. Missy crying and apologizing to George and George laying on her in the ditch really got me, kudos to the show for making me actually scared for them even knowing that they would be fine. 

Sheldon might be Sheldon, but I think we got some more nuance to him here. He really was worried about Missy when he told on her, and not for no reason, he sounded more emotional than he has in ages when he was talking to her on the walkie talkie and really tried to reach out to her, and for as silly as it got, it is nice that he's putting so much effort into getting ready for Germany, learning about the food and language. Sheldon is so picky and so in love with routine, it really does show how excited he is that he's trying new things. I was also glad that the scientist that Sheldon met on the plane actually did seem to like talking to him and that their conversation went well. I know that Sheldon is annoying, but it is rather sad how many adults in his field just cant stand being around him. 

Good on Pastor Jeff for stepping up during the tornado and for doing the right thing not reporting Meemaw. Maybe this leads to him making things right with Mary.

Loved the flight attendant giving Mary a gin and tonic after talking to Sheldon for three seconds, and that Mary knocked back the gin right away.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 15

I really thought they were going to use this tornado as a reason to get Sheldon's house up on cinder blocks, but it wasn't harmed.  

I also thought that as the camera pulled away, we would see the box of Raisin Bran in the tree.  I'm actually surprised Pastor Jeff decided to keep his mouth shut, they've been writing him as a villain lately. 

Funny thing, we have been discussing lately about how you're supposed to go lay in a ditch if a tornado is approaching.  We've been pointing out water filled ditches while driving this spring.  And George and Missy end up in one.  I guess it was good that they showed their car turned on its side, or it might have seemed like all for nothing.

• Like 2

Guessing Mandy and Georgie will agree to return the ring and give Meemaw the money.
Maybe they'll get a cubic zirconia (they were very popular in the '90s) or maybe they'll postpone marriage until they can afford to live in their own home — which might turn into postponing indefinitely. Whatever happens, I can't imagine Georgie ever becoming an absent father.  

Would it be correct to say it is ironic that the town is hit by a tornado right after Mandy interviews for the local weather person position? 

9 hours ago, vibeology said:

If Connie doesn't start laundering her money through her cash intensive no inventory business I am going to lose it!

This post👆mentioning Connie laundering her gambling profits reminded me of  @Sarah 103's post last week:

On 5/13/2023 at 10:50 PM, Sarah 103 said:

I want to apologize for the incredibly bad pun that I about to make, but there really isn't a good way around it. It would be really easy to launder some of the profits of the gambling money with the laundromat's finances, because there's no inventory to keep track of. Without constant monitoring, there's no real way to prove how much legitimate business they did in a day or a week. The video store is harder to do that with because there is a direct record of inventory and transactions. 

And now I'm *really* wondering why the writers didn't make a single money laundering joke all season. 
Maybe they're saving it for Pastor Jeff next season??

1 hour ago, rmontro said:

I'm actually surprised Pastor Jeff decided to keep his mouth shut, they've been writing him as a villain lately. 

I always thought Pastor Jeff was just bowing to the elders and the tithers. Maybe now he'll grow a spine — with a brain attached.
However, I'm not sure what his stance would be on illegal gambling for Teddy Bears that's more or less sanctioned by the local police. Isn't his wife a cop? Sounds awfully complicated for a B plot.

• Like 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Loved the flight attendant giving Mary a gin and tonic after talking to Sheldon for three seconds, and that Mary knocked back the gin right away.

I'm reminded of the scene on BBT after Penny has delivered Amy's parents to the apartment the night before the wedding.  Leonard comes up behind her and fills the glass she holds out without even seeming to be aware that he's there.  So much of the comedy on both these shows is the little visuals.

Edited by Bethany
  • Like 7
On 5/18/2023 at 6:09 PM, Spartan Girl said:

I did feel for Sheldon when Missy gave back the walk-in talkie. He was trying to do the right thing and was worried about her.

Missy telling Sheldon she hated him absolutely crushed me. I understand why she resents him. Sheldon gets more attention, resources and opportunities. He isn't always sensitive or appreciative. In this instance however, he absolutely did the right thing. Missy is making a lot of bad and dangerous choices. Attending college parties, stealing George's truck, running away, sneaking out, smoking, drinking, etc. Missy has more street smarts than her brother, but she's been raised in enough of a bubble to naively think bad things won't happen. Sheldon's black-and-white view of life and rules can be annoying, but was necessary in this case. 

• Like 12
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Missy telling Sheldon she hated him absolutely crushed me. I understand why she resents him. Sheldon gets more attention, resources and opportunities. He isn't always sensitive or appreciative. In this instance however, he absolutely did the right thing. Missy is making a lot of bad and dangerous choices. Attending college parties, stealing George's truck, running away, sneaking out, smoking, drinking, etc. Missy has more street smarts than her brother, but she's been raised in enough of a bubble to naively think bad things won't happen. Sheldon's black-and-white view of life and rules can be annoying, but was necessary in this case. 

Yes, but Sheldon reporting Missy's arguably dangerous misadventures to their parents only ever results in them grounding her, which does nothing to correct her behavior. Couldn't George and Mary ever have at least one Leave It To Beaver type heart-to-heart conversation with her? Remember in the first season when George was coaching Missy to play softball? We saw a little of that George with the tornado, but no talk about her future goals.

• Like 9

Sheldon was more likable than Missy this week. You see how their relationship has been falling apart all season, but I think this is the point where it really died and never recovered, and he was really trying. It's sad. He was even being unselfish, because she convinced him that if he exposed her behavior it might endanger his trip to Germany.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

At this point a small wedding for Georgie and Mandy would make a lot of sense. She has no job to contribute to pay for the wedding so wanting a big wedding is being very selfish on her part. 

After the wreck of Connie home, I like how George offered Mandy and the baby Sheldons room while he was away for the summer. Then invited Connie to stay, the question would be where would she sleep. I doubt George would give up his room and sleep on the sofa giving her his and Mary's room. Also Dell did not seam to eager to offer up his place in such of an emergency like that.

My question how did George and Missy get home, their car was on it side due to the force of the tornado. 

George and Mary discussing who was going to Germany with Sheldon. George had more travelling experience, would give Sheldon tough love and prepare him better for the real world.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Kaycee said:

George and Mary discussing who was going to Germany with Sheldon. George had more travelling experience, would give Sheldon tough love and prepare him better for the real world.

True, but then Mary and Missy might have perished in the tornado?
That wouldn't fit the tone of this show, even though it has become rather bleak.

• Like 2