Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Chapter Twenty One - The Pirate

• Start Topic

Din to Carson Teva:  The entire covert will have to relocate.

Me:  Oh no, not relocation from the murder beach-desert where nothing grows and the only fun is paintball fights.  How sad.

I finally have to conclude that the pacing of this season is atrocious.  I think I noticed that the time stamp said over 14 minutes into a 38-ish minute episode before Din (or Bo, as second lead) even appeared onscreen.  

Din needs some kind of arc or character development or something.  Like, the Armorer reasonably concludes that after the battle at Navarro, the Mandalorians have some hope, and she reasonably goes to Bo about it (although I had a very hard time believing she just relented on the helmet rule after ostracizing Din so thoroughly),  But even with her approaching Bo, Din is the one with the impressive friend network, leadership potential and dark saber that has gotten them to where they are now, so shouldn’t he be in the mix?

The season also seems weirdly … campy?  cheap?  Like the space pirates in appearance and dialogue remind me of some kind of 90s Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers villains, and Greef takes “the townspeople” out into the flats when it looks like there are just a couple dozen of them, and the battle in town wasn’t very suspenseful, and … I don’t know.  I feel like the season is really losing me.

Edited by Peace 47
  • Like 15
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Nacos for Rufus said:

Zeb!!! The rest of the episode was great, but ZEB!!!

Yeah they never said the name but same voice actor and same look. Which I have to admit looked pretty good. 

Damn R5 is a snitch.

Also great to see Tim Meadows in Star Wars. 

So.we get confirmation that Gideon is out there somewhere. So was he behind the attack on Bo and her home? Also now who rescued him? Are we going to find out that it was one of those sects of Mandalorians that Bo is going to be visiting or are they being framed? Could this be a reason why there were no Mandalorian characters in the sequel series?

I know that some may complain that Bo is being pushed too far but I almost feel there is something not right about this by the Armorer. I just have a feeling she is using Bo. There is just something manipulative to me about the Armorer here. I think she knows that Bo is someone that can rally those other Mandalorians but also may be willing to do some dubious things to reach her goals. I think the Armorer knows that Din has certain moral boundaries that he won’t cross while Bo is more flexible.

So Elia seems to be well placed. Just happened to be around to make arguments against helping Navarro though they were reasonable arguments. 

I think the pacing of this season may feel off because it doesn’t seem possible to get a main story going and resolved in such a short time. However I almost think with them saying they already have season 4 written/planned out that this season is almost a part 1 or set up that gets resolved in the next season. Or i could be wrong and everything gets wrapped up neatly in the next 3 episodes. 

• Like 7

I thought that this episode was really good.  We all were commenting last week that the covert needs to move, and now they've moved!  How is that not a good thing?  They made friends and saved the Anzellans Nevarro in the process.  

4 hours ago, Peace 47 said:

Din needs some kind of arc or character development or something.  Like, the Armorer reasonably concludes that after the battle at Navarro, the Mandalorians have some hope, and she reasonably goes to Bo about it (although I had a very hard time believing she just relented on the helmet rule after ostracizing Din so thoroughly),  But even with her approaching Bo, Din is the one with the impressive friend network, leadership potential and dark saber that has gotten them to where they are now, so shouldn’t he be in the mix?

I agree that Din should help.  We didn't see Bo leave yet, so maybe Din and Grogu will jump in and help her.  Do we think the Armorer is relaxing on the helmet rule, maybe because the mythosaur is real and not a legend?  The Armorer is now rethinking all of her beliefs?  If Din goes with Bo, she should tell him that he can remove his helmet too, to make peace with others and try to unite the sects.

So Bo's old team kidnapped Moff Gideon?  Or as mentioned, are they being set up?  I don't know why they would, but stranger things have happened.

Paz also confirmed what I think the real rule is - showing their faces.  "But she is showing her face" or whatever he said exactly.  They live(d) in secrecy; they didn't want anyone to know where to find them and they never want anyone to see their faces to identify them.  The helmets are just their way of doing so.  When Din changed into the stormtrooper helmet without anyone else seeing him, that alone didn't break the code.  

• Like 7
6 hours ago, Nacos for Rufus said:

ZEB!!! 

3 hours ago, paigow said:

Zeb supposedly resettled with surviving Lasats post-Endor... so him joining The New Republic Rangers is unlikely...

I think they only said that he took Kallus to see the new Lasat planet. Not that he stayed there. 

I agree somewhat with the comments about Din not having much of a story this season- however, I like the character development that we have been getting for Bo.  It’s almost like this season she’s “The Mandalorian.”  For one thing, Pedro’s busy- so having a different lead actor who can actually be there to carry a lot of the story is a good thing.  I think her getting the Armorer’s blessing to be their “face” is a positive as well- I think it will be beneficial having her to interact with Karga, Teva, or whoever else they run into (I assume her old crew might be at the top of the list).  Otherwise, it’s interesting that Teva found Beskar in the shuttle debris- that certainly could mean that some Mandalorians were involved in the attack.  But, Gideon was in charge of Mandalore- maybe the Beskar was on him?  Or was it planted there to frame the Mandalorians by the Imperials?  Or, if it was a group of Mandos - were they there to free him, or take him for their own purposes?

3 hours ago, paigow said:

Zeb supposedly resettled with surviving Lasats post-Endor... so him joining The New Republic Rangers is unlikely...

Well, Steve Blum is credited as Zeb in the episode, so it’s definitely him.  Looking at his wiki page, it looks like he actually did join the Rebellion at some point, and the trip to Lira San is framed as kind of being for Kallus’ sake- to show him that he didn’t wipe out the Lasats like he thought.  I assume they’re having him show up here to build hype for Ahsoka- I don’t see any reason why he can’t be a Ranger, and still tight with the Ghost crew.  Wouldn’t it make sense for at least some of the Ahsoka show to be about getting the gang back together?  Regardless, he looked great- excellent job translating the cartoon design into photo realistic CGI.

Edited by Chyromaniac
  • Like 6
5 hours ago, paigow said:

Why would Zeb join the Rangers instead of Sabine & Ahsoka?

Ezra was his bro...

Because it’s been years and, as far as we know, they don’t actually know where Ezra is. It doesn’t mean Zeb’s not still in contact with them and helping them. 

2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I agree that Din should help.  We didn't see Bo leave yet, so maybe Din and Grogu will jump in and help her.  Do we think the Armorer is relaxing on the helmet rule, maybe because the mythosaur is real and not a legend?  The Armorer is now rethinking all of her beliefs?  If Din goes with Bo, she should tell him that he can remove his helmet too, to make peace with others and try to unite the sects.

Bo getting to take off her helmet gave me hope that the Armorer will one day make wearing the helmet an individual choice. 

What a fun episode! The battle on Nevarro was great, and I just loved watching the Armorer go all John Wick on those pirates.

Carson Teva is good people. He sees what's coming; I was so glad when he told Elia, "Your kind didn't see the light; you were captured." Also, when Din told him the covert would have to relocate, my response was "Thank God!"

Continuing to love the glimpses we're getting about the New Republic and its failures. And Elia is totally working to undermine the New Republic on Moff Gideon's orders, right?

• Like 14
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I thought that this episode was really good.  We all were commenting last week that the covert needs to move, and now they've moved!  How is that not a good thing?  They made friends and saved the Anzellans Nevarro in the process.

I think that is a good thing.  I don’t want to be a hater of such a charming show, and I was having fun with the season, until this week, my patience wore a little thin.  It’s just that S1 was about Din, a closed off, traumatized survivor of a childhood horror, getting more and more attached to a special, traumatized child.  S2 set up a crisis where every task Din accomplished (for his creed, for his sense of obligation to Grogu) in each individual episode got him one step closer to the most painful thing to him:  separating from this kid that he really had grown to love.  And I think S3 is kind of missing the personal arc that fits within the larger story.  I’m fine if it’s Bo’s arc this season, but episode 2 had some really promising conversations about how she sees herself and her culture, and not a lot since.

• Like 12

Never thought I'd see a live-action Lasat - and then the voice! *squeeeeee* Zeb!!!

Well, I'm glad the covert moved to a place with considerable less risk of monster-mauling. And it was great to see Mandalorians in action, I always love those dropship scenes (despite suffering from vertigo) and we even got to see some rare Armorer fight scenes. I'm intrigued by her switch from cult-thinking to strategic thinking. Seems OOC but I guess Bo's claim to have seen the Mythosaur had her more rattled than she let on. On a simple viewing level I'm glad we get back to seeing Katee Sackhoff's face and on a narrative level I'm glad the question of all the remaining Mandalorians is finally getting addressed. I am however still not sure about Paz Vizsla's loyalties. It will be interesting to see how that whole 'both ways walking side by side' thing will work out. It's also interesting that so far Din's ownership of the Darksaber has been a non-issue. I suspect that will change soon.

I really like how this season is branching out into the wider story. We got to see Coruscant again complete with Elia Kane doing her villaining and how the New Republic is already failing. Plus we now we have confirmation that Moff Gideon is on the loose again.

Is the story switching from Din/Grogu to Bo? I think the switch fits into the broader narratives of Mandalorian exile and the fall of the New Republic. For the time being I'm okay with that since the wolf & cub plot of the first seasons got a bit repetitive. I trust TPTB that they will get back to the show's OTP. 

And on a sidenote: I'm glad pirate radioactive-lettuce-head got up in flames. I hated the design, it just looked cheap.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Like 7
1 hour ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Bo getting to take off her helmet gave me hope that the Armorer will one day make wearing the helmet an individual choice.

I think the Armorer is trying to figure things out with all that's happened in the last few episodes. Going back to Navarro now as heroes and having freedom to live "in the sun" made her rethink about their ways. Like she said about the forge, it's still the same just as their people are the same.

I'm not crazy about the religious aspect but the parallels are there. There have been theories about the similarlty between the Mandalorians and Judaism especially. The covert is an orthodox tribe and the Armorer is now practical enough to see that they should be reunited with other tribes.

1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

Is the story switching from Din/Grogu to Bo? I think the switch fits into the broader narratives of Mandalorian exile and the fall of the New Republic. For the time being I'm okay with that since the wolf & cup plot of the first seasons got a bit repetitive. I trust TPTB that they will get back to the show's OTP.

I don't think Bo Katan's story mutually excludes Din/Grogu since the culture has united them all. If Din wasn't a foundling, he likely wouldn't have rescued and made Grogu one at great expense. I wasn't an avid watcher of the animated shows, but they laid the ground work to this one including Bo Katan's journey. Similarly, this show would not work as well if they didn't have someone like Katee Sackhooff in the role. I liked S1 and S2 but I'm really liking the serialized journey of the Mandalorians coming out of exile.

I'm not into the Empire and Republic politics and rooting for these Mandalorians as a whole is more appealing.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

And Din will wear his helmet based on Pedro Pascal's filming availability. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 15

Was not expecting the Zeb cameo!  Still hesitated on thinking that was him at first, but once I heard Steve Blum's voice, I knew that it was true!  Definitely curious to see them inserting more of the Rebels gang into the live action universe of Star Wars.

Great seeing Carson Teva again, although part of me wonders if the initial draft would have involved Cara Dune until, well, everything that happened with all of that.  I like that his character is someone who sees that the New Republic is letting almost everything the Rebel Alliance accomplished slip through their fingers and the Empire is slowly, but surely growing again.  I think the scene with the Colonel (Tim Meadows!) highlighted that the New Republic isn't exactly as flat-out ruthless or evil as the Empire was, but they are being weighed down by bureaucracy and having a tight leash on some things but almost being too lax on other ones that will all spell trouble down the road.

Also, his involvement at least leads to the Mandalorians finally relocating, which I'm sure is a bummer because who wouldn't want to continue staying inside a cave next to Death Lake, right?!

So, the pirates from the premiere decide to act their revenge on Greef and Nevarro, and invade the city (oh, and destroying a lot of it because pirates are going to pirate!)  But he is able to get the word out to Teva, who is then able to get a hold of Din.  Of course, Din wasn't going to just leave his buddy in a lurch (plus, what would his son think?!), but thanks to how he and Bo-Katan had help the rest like they did, the other Mandalorians agreed to help out and we got some good old-fashioned Star Wars butt kicking!  Blasters!  Dog fights in the skies!  More blasters!  Jetpacks!  The Armorer beating the shit out of pirates with her wrench!  I wouldn't want it any other way!

And now it looks like the Mandalorians have a new home, as Greef is basically giving them all the land he initially promised Din.  This should work out for everyone: the Mandalorians now officially have a place and Nevarro will likely have protection once the shit goes down again.  But it's apparently just the beginning, as The Armorer now wants to bring every Mandalorian back and asked Bo-Katan to do it since she has "walked both paths."  Even allowed her to take off the helmet again.  Maybe even Din will be allowed to again once Pedro Pascal is able to do more than just voice work.

Of course, Moff Gideon likely escaped and is on the lamb.  No way they were going to get rid of a perfectly used Giancarlo Esposito that easily!

I kind of agree that Din himself seems to have taken a bit of a backseat this season, but I don't mind yet.  Considering everything he's been through, I kind of love that he's just like "Whatever!  I got my son back and got a new ship.  Lets just see what we can get into next and let everyone else plan it out!" so far.  But I can see that changing the more the season progresses.

• Like 9

Forgot to mention this earlier, but that was a well executed babyface turn promo from Paz Vizsla.  It’s also amusing that the Armorer’s hammer functions as a “talking stick” during Mandalorian troop meetings.

• Like 11
On 3/29/2023 at 10:32 AM, Athena said:

I don't think Bo Katan's story mutually excludes Din/Grogu since the culture has united them all.

I agree. Din is such a firm believer and was so isolated from the greater Mandalorian culture you really need a character like Bo to further his arc. The other Mandalorians in his sect are too like-minded and the non-Mandalorians don’t have the understanding of the culture. Exposing him to Bo and others who view “the way” differently is the best way of getting him to re-evaluate his own beliefs. 

On 3/29/2023 at 1:37 PM, Chyromaniac said:

It’s also amusing that the Armorer’s hammer functions as a “talking stick” during Mandalorian troop meetings.

I loved that and I also loved her using it to attack some pirates. Having a talking stick/tool/weapon is just so Mandalorian. 

That was Zeb! That's awesome. No wonder he looked better than the other species. I'm guessing he'll be on Ahsoka's show. 

I guess Bo is the Mandalorian this season. So the armorer did believe her. Also the armorer probably had to give some leeway on the helmet rule so Bo can recruit. If she showed up to her former group refusing to remove her helmet, they would laugh and turn her away. She has to be able to convince them. And maybe they can be a little more lax on the helmet rule at least around each other. 

Did Greef really not think the Pirates would be back? He let one go. At least he was smarter this time and has a Mandalorian home base with him now. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Athena said:

I think the Armorer is trying to figure things out with all that's happened in the last few episodes. Going back to Navarro now as heroes and having freedom to live "in the sun" made her rethink about their ways. 

Are we now going to see a bunch of Mandos running around in tank tops and shorts with their helmets on?

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

I thought the Armorer suggested that Mandalorians should put aside dogmatic differences and work together. Not sure how feasible that is in the long turn but for now the prophecy seems to trump her disdain for those outside the Creed. From my understanding Bo Katan is sent on a mission of recruiting not proselytizing.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I really like how this season is branching out into the wider story. We got to see Coruscant again complete with Elia Kane doing her villaining and how the New Republic is already failing. Plus we now we have confirmation that Moff Gideon is on the loose again.

Agreed! This is one of my favorite things about this season. Particularly in this episode, I loved that Greef Karga, after saying Nevarro didn't want to bow down to another far-off bureaucracy, was forced to ask the New Republic for help. That, plus Capt. Teva seeing the remants of the Empire gathering, has me really intrigued. 

I loved how Vane was like "Peace out" when it became clear Gorian Shard's pirates were losing to the Mandalorians 😅

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Like 4

I am slowly adjusting to this show being more of an ensemble show now. And for this season at least Bo Katan is more of a character with an actual arc than Din right now and we only have 3 episodes left.  I like Katee Sackhoff very much and Bo has really grown on me this season, if not for that this development would really bother me.  As long as Grogu remains on the show I'll stick with the show anyways.  I hope we will get to see Din without the helmet at least once this season. With this episode there seems to  seems to be more of a chance now for that to happen.

This has been a strange season.

Edited by magdalene
  • Like 8
14 hours ago, Nacos for Rufus said:

I didn't realize that was Zeb, I know it was the same race and sounded like him but, had no idea it was supposed to actually be him.

I enjoyed this episode,  I do like the world building and I guess Grand Moff Gideon coming back for Grogu is going to be the Se finale/S4 story arc.

I'm not sure what to make of the pacing. I was shocked when the Armorer just back tracked on The Creed so abruptly.  I actually thought the ending (until we saw Bo's face) was Bo telling the Armorer about the Dark Saber.

• Like 2

Sigh. After a couple of very good eps, this week and last week are back to meh.

- Carl Weathers finishes talking to the pirate at the start (said pirates note he will "shoot first"), stands pensively looking out his window, walks back into his office and finally, after the pirate starts firing on the city, THEN he says "we must get the people to safety!" Way to act with urgency, Carl Weathers.

- I really don't see why various "events" involving tie fighters, pirates and former members of the Empire need to be connected in any way other than the planet is an independent world with no security and various factions are taking advantage of that. There is not enough there for any character to think there is something coordinated happening, aside from narrative convenience.

- "I gotta help the guy?" That was jarringly informal for Din.

- So the Mandalorian leader dude Paz decides this is a just cause because ... Din and Boka saved his son? That seems irrelevant, and pretty shallow. If they hadn't saved his son, he would have said no? THAT is the way? Ugh.

- The Mandalorian teams turned into Seal Team 6 pretty quick. I can't get a read on their culture, it is wildly inconsistent. So much of the time they are exhaustingly formal in their dialogue and interactions, and then they drop into basically real life American or, as in this ep, military cadence.

- Mighty convenient that the pirate ship chases Din/Boka all over and then somehow ends up ... right above the town.

- More broadly, it is a friggin planet, and who controls the entire planet is decided by a handful of people in one city? That seems ... unlikely.

- I hope it is a "HUGE tract of land" for the Mandalorians.

And just as I expected, the whole "never remove your helmet" thing was a convenience. Do it when it works for you, stop when it doesn't. That doesn't say a lot for The Way.

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Ottis said:

Way to act with urgency, Carl Weathers.

This goes all the way back to Rocky 1...

Faithful & Loyal Corner Man: [Watching TV News - Balboa punching beef] Hey Champ! This guy means business

Creed: [Reviewing contracts - Ignoring TV] So do I

• Like 3

I got a little misty eyed when Greef said "You may not have a home planet anymore but you will always have a home."

Bo is gonna unite the Mandalorians.  Which is good because creepy spy chick lady is plotting.  Although really just popping in to the colonel's office and no one suspects a thing?  The New Republic is clueless.  Princess Leia is so disappointed in ya'all.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Ottis said:

- I really don't see why various "events" involving tie fighters, pirates and former members of the Empire need to be connected in any way other than the planet is an independent world with no security and various factions are taking advantage of that. There is not enough there for any character to think there is something coordinated happening, aside from narrative convenience.

But Teva knows that old Imperial outposts and labs are still being used.  Moff Gideon never made it to trial.  He sees that everything is way too coordinated for everybody to be acting independently.  He like Leia is somebody who's raising the alarm that the Empire is regrouping, but is being ignored.

And it's definitely a frame job on the Mandalorians for Gideon's break out.  The real perps get the New Republic to dedicate resources to fight the Mandalorians.  That does damage to 2 enemies.

Great episode.

• Like 6

I know I need to just embrace the suspension of disbelief, but I just find it so hard. "Attention Rebels! One city on this planet is under attack by pirates, and if you don't help us, we won't be able to stop them and the entire planet will fall!!!!🙄

Really cool to see live-action Zeb, though.

The reveal of Moff Gideon's escape and the possible Mandalorian connection reminds me of a scene from the old GI Joe comics when Fred VII killed Cobra Commander. As he was contemplating replacing him, he noted "The great thing about this armor is that it could be anyone inside." Could we get a last minute reveal that one of our Mando ensemble is actually Gideon in disguise? 

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Mind Blown 4
22 hours ago, Peace 47 said:

Me:  Oh no, not relocation from the murder beach-desert where nothing grows and the only fun is paintball fights.  How sad.

Was I the only one who was genuinely concerned for Capt. Teva's ship when he walked away from it?

We've seen an attack from the water, an attack from the air -- I was expecting some giant land creature to come roaring along and to gobble up the X-wing like an Imperial yellow travel biscuit! (Way tastier than the red ones!)

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
7 hours ago, Ottis said:

More broadly, it is a friggin planet, and who controls the entire planet is decided by a handful of people in one city? That seems ... unlikely.

4 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

I know I need to just embrace the suspension of disbelief, but I just find it so hard. "Attention Rebels! One city on this planet is under attack by pirates, and if you don't help us, we won't be able to stop them and the entire planet will fall!!!!🙄

I don't remember if it was ever specifically mentioned, but I was under the impression that it is the only city on the planet where (almost) the entire population of the planet lives. So if you control the city you control the planet.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

Could we get a last minute reveal that one of our Mando ensemble is actually Gideon in disguise? 

Gus Gideon is too much of a narcissist to keep a helmet on... 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
6 hours ago, tkc said:

Was I the only one who was genuinely concerned for Capt. Teva's ship when he walked away from it?

I kept waiting for him to be blown up in space while investigating the Gideon transport ship.

Edited by Good Queen Jane
  • Like 8

First of all, I love that the Mandalorians use the Armorer’s hammer as the talking stick during their meetings. Even when your exiled living in caves, you have to have some order! They're still Mandalorians after all. The big fight scene with all of the Mandalorians vs the space pirates was a ton of fun, its been ages since we got to see them all out in full force. I could watch the Armorer beating up bad guys with her hammer all day long. So now does this mean that the sect is going to lighten up a bit? Now that they're trying to bring the entire Mando diaspora together, does that mean they can stop being so harsh about The Way? At least now they have an excuse to leave the murder beach, where they cant go outside for three seconds before being eaten by the local wild life. 

I continue to be impressed by how much the actors can go with just body language, like when Paz suddenly started taking a stand on behalf of Din, you can see the surprise of both Bo and Din just looking at how their body language changes suddenly. 

Fun seeing Tim Meadows in Star Wars as well as seeing Carson Teva again. While the New Republic is certainly an improvement on The Empire, you can already see it making all of the same mistakes that the Old Republic made, which led to the Empire in the first place and it seems will lead to the First Order. They are still bogged down in bureaucracy, still dealing with internal issues between departments, still ignoring important things while spending too much time on minor things, still engaging in sketchy science and ignoring the problems of the outer rim, its not only similar to the New Republic, but also to the Empire that we saw in Andor. Carson going to Tim Meadows to ask for help with a possible conspiracy only to be casually rebuffed played out very similarly to Dedra Meero going to her boss to tell him that she suspects that several seemingly unrelated incidents seem to be a part of a greater rebel threat and being ignored. I have no idea if all of this stuff is connected, but its clear that bad things are happening and while people like Carson are catching it, way too many people in power are ignoring it. 

Zeb! Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time...

Its been an interesting season, less focus on Din and his sweet baby boy but on the greater world of the New Republic. We haven't gotten a lot on this era of Star Wars and I like exploring it. I hope that we get some good Din stuff, especially now that his sect are coming into the light, but I like that they are expanding the world more.

• Like 5
On 3/29/2023 at 11:34 AM, Gillian Rosh said:

What a fun episode! The battle on Nevarro was great, and I just loved watching the Armorer go all John Wick on those pirates.

Hammer and tongs are some nasty weapons! (Also, I loved that the hammer served as the "speaking stick" when the Mandalorians were having a group discussion.)

• Like 3
On 3/29/2023 at 10:32 AM, Athena said:

I don't think Bo Katan's story mutually excludes Din/Grogu since the culture has united them all. If Din wasn't a foundling, he likely wouldn't have rescued and made Grogu one at great expense. I wasn't an avid watcher of the animated shows, but they laid the ground work to this one including Bo Katan's journey. Similarly, this show would not work as well if they didn't have someone like Katee Sackhooff in the role. I liked S1 and S2 but I'm really liking the serialized journey of the Mandalorians coming out of exile.

I'm not into the Empire and Republic politics and rooting for these Mandalorians as a whole is more appealing.

Completely agree. I do miss seeing Din Djarin and Grogru being the main story, but I think joining their story to the overall story with the Mandalorians is a natural conclusion, and I don't think it just comes down to what Bo Katan does - Din still has the dark saber and Grogru fits in there as a Mandalorian/Jedi as well. I think between the bathing redemption, the mythosaur sighting, and what Bo has done since joining them (as well has her family legacy), I can see why the Armorer pegged her as the leader instead of Din Djarin or even Paz . She is the natural choice. I did wonder if it was some kind of test when the Armorer told her to take off her helmet - like, are you punking her??? I like how she hesitated like she was thinking the same thing.......

Although I loved Andor, I am not loving the focus on the Rise of the First Order here. Like hey Dave and Jon, I'm sorry your other show got derailed, but this show is not a political thriller. It's like they liked the positive response to Andor, and decided to make this one more like that......

• Like 1

Zeb was a main character in Star Wars Rebels - other characters from the series have already been cast to appear in Ahsoka. But a lot of folks did not believe that Zeb would make an appearance in live-action tv due to his looks. Hence the excitement. I doubt that he will make a regular in Ahsoka as he's all CGI but it's still neat to see him around.

• Useful 2
16 hours ago, paulvdb said:

I don't remember if it was ever specifically mentioned, but I was under the impression that it is the only city on the planet where (almost) the entire population of the planet lives. So if you control the city you control the planet.

You could be right I suppose, in which case I can certainly see why it would be such a low priority for the New Republic to bother with. After all, who really cares about an utterly insignificant little blue green planet with apparently about two dozen people in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of some remote galaxy? Might as well just drive a hyperspace bypass through it and be done with the whole thing.

• LOL 3
14 minutes ago, Cthulhudrew said:

After all, who really cares about an utterly insignificant little blue green planet with apparently about two dozen people in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of some remote galaxy?

This guy⬇️

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

He! The two dozen people were indeed hilarious. I've read somewhere that that's due to constraints of the Volume stage. Not sure why they could not add a couple more folks in post or however you call it. Maybe Zeb and the dog fights ate up the budget.

• Like 3
  • Love 1