Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Icing on the Cake

• Start Topic

After finding out Tammy's been robbed, Misty and Amanda visit to break the news in person; while Chris pushes ahead toward his surgery goal, Amy has a setback and is rushed to the ER; with her sisters by her side, Tammy faces the results of her weigh in.

Original air date 2023.07.07

When was this filmed?  

Does the family know how Tammy acts in therapy?  

Amy refuses to a avoid certain foods since her surgery.  Please.  

I’m glad Tammy has met her goal.  I hope she’s a good surgery candidate.  

So, who took Tammy’s belongings out if her house?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I am HORRIFIED by Gage’s filthy feet 😱

The latest episode hasn't aired yet in my neck of the woods but I can't wait to see Gage's feet! 😂 They're probably not as dirty as Amy's! 

I don't need a "spoiler alert" warning for the baby's dirty feet....Im already laughing. 😊 Amy is a mother with no sense on how to be a good mom. TIE THE TUBES AMY! She's gross.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1

Despite my dislike for Tammy, I couldn't help but tear up during the last scene that she had with her sisters. As much as I don't like Tammy, I think that something happened in her childhood that accounts for the way that she has treated the psychiatrist. That doesn't excuse her behavior, but she seems to have a lot of mental health issues. That being said, I was incredibly surprised by how well she handled the news about being robbed.  Initially, I thought that her sisters were wrong to tell her any bad news, because it ccould have set her back, but she handled the entire thing like a mature adult.

Am I a bad person for predicting that Amy was suffering from indigestion? It seemed incredibly obvious. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Shouldn't Amanda and Misty have called the police from the residence and stayed there until they came?  I don't understand coming upon a burglary and then leaving the site to go to the police station to report it.  So I'm assuming the police came and took fingerprints since Amanda said they're investigating it.

I'm thinking the whole thing was possibly a re-enactment.  The show's camera crew would know better than to enter a crime scene.  Plus, the sisters were remarkably calm about the whole thing.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 12
  • Useful 3
4 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Shouldn't Amanda and Misty have called the police from the residence and stayed there until they came?  I don't understand coming upon a burglary and then leaving the site to go to the police station to report it.  So I'm assuming the police came and took fingerprints since Amanda said they're investigating it.

I'm thinking the whole thing was possibly a reinactment.  The show's camera crew would know better than to enter a crime scene.  Plus, the sisters were remarkably calm about the whole thing.

Something sounds fishy about that. they took the sinks & Tammy's clothing? come on!

Sounds like the place got condemned and all her stuff was set outside or maybe one of her drinking buddies cleaned her out. 

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
21 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm thinking the whole thing was possibly a reinactment.  The show's camera crew would know better than to enter a crime scene.  Plus, the sisters were remarkably calm about the whole thing.

It was definitely a reeanactment. 

Based on the area where Tammy lived, I can definitely see people coming in to steal anything that is not nailed down. 

• Like 8
47 minutes ago, xls said:

Something sounds fishy about that. they took the sinks & Tammy's clothing? come on!

You heard of the saying, "everything but the kitchen sink"?  I about died when they said someone actually stole the kitchen sink!  I mean, who does that?! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 7
  • LOL 5
51 minutes ago, xls said:

Sounds like the place got condemned and all her stuff was set outside or maybe one of her drinking buddies cleaned her out. 

I think those shady guys would be prime suspects, but I’m sure that the duplex is kind of a local landmark due to the show and it was public knowledge that Amy had moved out and Tammy was at rehab so the place was vacant. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, xls said:

16 minutes ago, swankie said:

You heard of the saying, "everything but the kitchen sink"?  I about died when they said someone actually stole the kitchen sink!  I mean, who does that?! 🤣🤣🤣

I know, who steals sinks? And what are they going to do with clothing that only fits a 700 pound woman? They got the washer/dryer too, what a weird robbery.

• Like 9

So happy for Tammy that she actually did so well and exceeded the weight loss goal by 15 pounds!  You can tell she went through a lot of bad stuff as a child because she doesn't even really know how to act when she is happy.  I hope she can finally find some way to heal.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
11 hours ago, xls said:

maybe one of her drinking buddies cleaned her out. 

Exactly what I thought.  But why take her clothes.

Amy is SO TIRED.  So why have a second kid?  She has 1 child and no job.  I worked with women who had 2 or 3 kids and a full time job and their kids were clean and raised to turn into responsible adults.  Amy is such a hypocrite and really should not be commenting on Tammy's struggles at all.

I really did feel for Tammy when her sisters left.  Tammy can be infuriating but I think she is smart and loving but has been terribly hurt.  If she would give this therapist (or one she can trust) a chance, she could heal. She is young enough to build a good life for herself.

I think the real difference between Amy and Tammy is this.  Tammy is aware she has issues but has, until now, been unable to deal with them. Amy, on the other hand, has not a clue.  She only wanted to lose weight to breed. There is no self-awareness there whatsoever.

Chris, I think, is going to make it!  Good for him!!!

Edited by Kid
  • Like 13
  • Love 4

I feel for Tammy in some ways, but I grew up with someone who you never knew what mood you’d get. Either they were super fun & happy, or really angry and mean. And you never knew what you were getting. It’s exhausting and frustrating, and just really sucks.  I’d avoid her like the plague in real life.

Chris is doing great and his enthusiasm is contagious. More happy people, please lol

• Like 14

I wondered if the landlord sent Tammy notice to vacate and she didn’t.  Maybe, she never saw it and no one was by there to notice.  And, maybe they weren’t paying rent, so the landlord cleared it all out to clean or renovate.  The landlord might have stored her things.  Of course, if that’s the case, maybe they’ll reveal it later.  Thieves wouldn’t have need of hair clips, used clothes and dishes. Tammy seemed too calm for it to be genuine to me.  

I do have compassion for Tammy, but her personality runs deep.  She is a self destructive person who resists care.  Taking her home would bring them the same result they’ve always gotten.  I think the family gets it.  If they let their heart rule over their head, they’ll regret it.  I bet they let Tammy stay in rehab until she can take care of herself, perhaps  with help from professionals in her home, as needed, but not dependent on the family.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 9

Seeing the pvc plastic pipe all over the front porch leads me to believe that probably copper pipe was stolen out of the house and that the landlord was there to replace with the pvc pipe.  People steal copper pipe all the time from vacant or in this case perceived vacant houses.

On another note I can't stand Amy.

• Like 11
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, GaT said:

I know, who steals sinks? And what are they going to do with clothing that only fits a 700 pound woman? They got the washer/dryer too, what a weird robbery.

The sink thing didn’t seem weird to me. In abandoned homes people often come in and strip out the copper piping and the toilets- you can sell those to people who work construction/doing remodels. Plumbing has value and sinks aren’t cheap. I do believe it was a reenactment, but I can also believe Tammy was robbed. 

Several years ago before my mom got an alarm on her car, someone stole my sister’s adult diapers- if people will steal that, I can believe they stole Tammy’s clothes. 

13 minutes ago, mytmo said:

Seeing the pvc plastic pipe all over the front porch leads me to believe that probably copper pipe was stolen out of the house and that the landlord was there to replace with the pvc pipe.  People steal copper pipe all the time from vacant or in this case perceived vacant houses.

On another note I can't stand Amy.

Yup I thought that too. 

1 hour ago, Kid said:

Exactly what I thought.  But why take her clothes.

Thieves will steal anything not nailed down. When you steal something, anything you make is a profit. Also they probably just took the dresser, didn’t care what was inside of it because they knew they could sell that. 

• Like 7

Tammy's change in behavior and the weight loss were very dramatic from previous episodes. It strikes me as behavior changes that can occur when the proper combination and dosages of meds are finally figured out. Sometimes it's a matter of just getting that right. I think that's a positive start for her and hopefully will give her that boost she needs to straighten out her life.

• Like 8

I wonder if they stopped paying Tammy's rent, and she was evicted.   After seeing the hideous condition of the house, I bet the owner had it gutted, and remodeled to rent out again.   

Amy is so lazy, that baby should have some kind of shoes on too.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Every time Michael appears on my screen, I’m convinced that he’s something Mike Judge has drawn in haste.

Amy thinks eating the way she does is cute. I was disgusted when she thought her bypass “might be leaking.” Leaking pizza grease and funion crumbs most likely. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 12

Amy decided, for her own convenience, that it was time to potty train a toddler who’s shown no interest in potty training. So the best solution? Let him run around the living room naked and tell him to use the potty. That plan can’t fail! Keep the black light out of the living room  

With the new baby on the way, I wonder if Amy knows the concept of regression. 

Gage may be in diapers for years, despite how smart he may be. 

• Like 13
2 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

So the best solution?

Don't forget that she sat on the toilet and said she was making "tinkles." Amy thinks he's brilliant, but my impression is he's just an average little boy who's not even two years old yet. Training is a long way off especially with another baby on the way. 

• Like 12
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

That may have been a producer-driven scene.  Maybe nothing much was happening in the home to film and with a whole film crew waiting around, someone probably said, "Hey, why don't you discuss your plans for toilet training?"

Wouldn’t put it past the producers. Amy’s not all that interesting so I could see them needing to invent things. 

Edited by DropTheSoap
Embarrassing typo.
  • Like 5
16 hours ago, BellaBabe2022 said:

As much as I don't like Tammy, I think that something happened in her childhood that accounts for the way that she has treated the psychiatrist. 

Yes! There is definitely a very deep issue with Tammy that makes her so angry, defensive and might be the reason for her apathy and defiance.

She can't hide the obvious, that something psychologically has happened to her in her younger years that makes her the person she is today. 

She appears to want to let it out, but can't. It's very sad. 

• Like 10

I mean, my mom had all four of us out of diapers by 2 and we never had toileting issues but we were also spaced out by four years in between each child and I think that made a huge difference. And I don’t think disposable diapers came along until my brother (#4) was born. 

Honestly I was impressed Amy even had a potty chair. Now if only she could put some socks or even baby Crocs on Gage, we’d be in business. 

• Like 4

It was sad when Tammy had to say bye to her sisters.  I felt it in my heart...lol. You could tell that's the real Tammy,  so lonely and sad.    She didn't have the mean,  ugly,  contemptuous face on.   It's just a wall she puts up to hide the pain.  I really hope she gets the surgery soon.   She needs a lot of emotional healing. 

• Like 8
23 hours ago, BellaBabe2022 said:

Am I a bad person for predicting that Amy was suffering from indigestion? It seemed incredibly obvious.

Just like the time when she thought she was dying, but really she just ate too much Chinese food. You’d think she would remember that. 🤨

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 6

I kind of love Chris.  Tammy is not making strides on her weight loss.  She’s not “back on track”.  I wish I felt more empathy for her than I do. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Like 3
17 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wondered if the landlord sent Tammy notice to vacate and she didn’t.  Maybe, she never saw it and no one was by there to notice.  And, maybe they weren’t paying rent, so the landlord cleared it all out to clean or renovate.  The landlord might have stored her things.  Of course, if that’s the case, maybe they’ll reveal it later.  Thieves wouldn’t have need of hair clips, used clothes and dishes. Tammy seemed too calm for it to be genuine to me.  

The sisters said Amy was paying Tammy's rent while she was in rehab. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, magemaud said:

Wow, Amanda sure has some big boys. In the family scene of the obstacle course, EVERY person was obese except for one son. 

Those twins of hers are the spitting image of their aunt Amy.  I lol'd when I first saw them.  🤣

• Like 1

I hate to admit it but I did a chuckle when they said Tammy needed a bitch-orcist.  

This is all incredibly manipulative and producer-driven, yet I still watch.  It would make me very happy to see Tammy do well.

• Like 6
20 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

That may have been a producer-driven scene.  Maybe nothing much was happening in the home to film and with a whole film crew waiting around, someone probably said, "Hey, why don't you discuss your plans for toilet training?"

Yes, maybe because Tammy refused to cooperate with the Baby Name video so the crew had to come up with Plan B to film 

On 2/8/2023 at 10:17 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wonder if they stopped paying Tammy's rent, and she was evicted.   After seeing the hideous condition of the house, I bet the owner had it gutted, and remodeled to rent out again.   

Amy is so lazy, that baby should have some kind of shoes on too.  

I thought Amanda said that Amy had been paying her rent.

• Like 1

I'm skeptical of Amy actually paying Tammy's rent.     It could also be that since Amy moved, and Tammy was gone for months, that landlord wanted to remodel, told Tammy and Amy to move stuff out for a few months, and they didn't.   So, everything was emptied out for the remodel.    it's hard to know what the real situation is. 

That house needed an exterminator, and to be completely gutted.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 8
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It could also be that since Amy moved, and Tammy was gone for months, that landlord wanted to remodel, told Tammy and Amy to move stuff out for a few months, and they didn't.   So,

That makes more sense. Because who the hell steals a nasty used kitchen sink. Anything is possible but THAT is not probable.

• Like 1
On 2/7/2023 at 11:48 PM, Gemma Violet said:

came?  I don't understand coming upon a burglary and then leaving the site to go to the police station to report it.

I don’t understand calling a burglary a robbery countless times.  

On 2/8/2023 at 12:49 AM, swankie said:

But they found her sofa too foul to take.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
On 2/8/2023 at 10:43 AM, magemaud said:

Wow, Amanda sure has some big boys. In the family scene of the obstacle course, EVERY person was obese except for one son. 

Yeah those nephews should be running the course too.  And the one with the Flock of Seagulls haircut was tragic.

14 hours ago, cynicat said:

I hate to admit it but I did a chuckle when they said Tammy needed a bitch-orcist.  

This is all incredibly manipulative and producer-driven, yet I still watch.  It would make me very happy to see Tammy do well.

Yeah my sense of humor must be degrading from watching this show but I laughed when Amy said that.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

He also makes money doing Cameos, if you can believe that! He’s so quiet and monosyllabic, I can’t imagine him making any kind of greeting worth paying for. 

Plus, I'd think if someone wanted a Cameo from a character on this show, they'd pick Amy or Tammy, not one of the supporting players. 😄  I'm gonna take a guess and say he charges no more than $10 each.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • LOL 2
12 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Plus, I'd think if someone wanted a Cameo from a character on this show, they'd pick Amy or Tammy, not one of the supporting players. 😄  I'm gonna take a guess and say he charges no more than $10 each.

Apparently he's stopped doing them but before they were $ 5 each. He has 14 five star reviews and some sound clips of him mumbling birthday wishes. Tammy and Amy are also "temporarily unavailable." Amanda, Chris and Misty also do them, but I'd rather save up $ 75 to get a video from Dr. Proctor. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Apparently he's stopped doing them but before they were $ 5 each. He has 14 five star reviews and some sound clips of him mumbling birthday wishes. Tammy and Amy are also "temporarily unavailable." Amanda, Chris and Misty also do them, but I'd rather save up $ 75 to get a video from Dr. Proctor. 

You can get Proctor to say “I’m disappointed in you” for any friend or family member who deserves it.

• LOL 11
36 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

You can get Proctor to say “I’m disappointed in you” for any friend or family member who deserves it.

I want him to say, "Magemaud, you're perfect just the way you are, so have that extra slice of birthday cake!" 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14
58 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

And don’t forget the adorable smirk. That’ll cost you extra though.