Type keyword(s) to search

S48.E13: Woody Harrelson / Jack White

• Start Topic

This is apparently Woody's fifth time as host. I know they have done the Five Timers Club a lot in recent years (last year with John Mulaney and Paul Rudd. Plus Conan!). And of course the Club regulars (for lack of a better phrase) like Steve Martin, Hanks, Candice Bergen, etc can't come out every time. But still since Woody started hosting in the 80s, I hope he gets a salute. 

Edited by vb68
  • Like 6

I knew Chloe would play the jury forewoman but I was kind of hoping they wouldn't do her. Yes, her interviews were weird and in very questionable judgement, but she just seems to be an ordinary person who mistakenly went into the spotlight. And I thinking calling her "horse girl" was a cheap shot. I wondered if the audience was uncomfortable with it too, because they were very quiet.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
32 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

I wondered if the audience was uncomfortable with it too, because they were very quiet.

They may have been quiet because they couldn't understand some of what she was saying.  I had to put the closed-captioning on during the latter part of her bit.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

This is....... okay.

My favourite part so far has been Heidi Gardner as Gina Bianchi.  I'm sure that millions if not billions of women can totally relate to having a mother like that.

This was a big letdown after Pedro Pascal.  I know everyone went crazy for Lisa from Temecula but in all honesty I thought PP's episode was great from start to end.

I am genuinely a fan of Woody's and thought he would be a good host.  After a 2 week break (?) that is a letdown for sure.  And then two people hosting next time that I do not know about or care about at all.  Sigh.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 14

Cold Open: YKW visiting East Palestine (not a good name!) practically wrote itself. Was not expecting a Scott Pilgrim namedrop, especially from Trump. It got pretty awkward.

Monologue: I don't believe that Woody Harrelson was sober here at all. This was less of a monologue, more of a ramble. This is gonna be a long 90 minutes.

Prison Visit: Don't quite know what to make of this one. It was hard to hear understand everyone talking over each other. Kenan's delivery on "someone's math ain't mathing" was the highlight of the sketch.

Please Don't Destroy: Finally, a funny one. The other two guys have a secret family without Ben.

Slingshot: “Guy passing out on the Slingshot” happens often enough for a whole lotta YouTube videos. 

I feel like it could've gone on a little bit longer, because Kenan blurting out secrets in between fainting didn't make much of an impact.

Submarine: Dumb name? That was fun, but Woody never breaking his cadence was the best part. "ASDAFAJACKAL" got the biggest laugh of the night so far.

Cologuard: Oh finally, they're taking on this weird ad. It's a colon cancer screening tool. That's a box. That you poop in. And send in the mail. Oh my god, was that great. Loved the ending where the boxes weren't sentient. And Dismukes was watching.

Jack White 1: Hey, they gave a 5 Times jacket to Paul Simon, Jack White definitely deserves one. This was a great song. Although I wish there was a flashing light warning here.

WU: The audience kinda sucked tonight, but Colin and Che live for crowds like this. "What Did They Even Do Wrong?" was totally a Joke Swap moment. 

The Hippo: Was not expecting to see Woody Harrelson in a fat suit here, but what a weird visual.

Two Men Speak in The Most Beautiful Gym in The World: Woody and Bowen being weird? Why was this so late in the show? This was great. "This gym is so classy, it should be called James" and "a big piano, sir" just slayed me. The literal gym rat was great, too.

Goodnights: Loved the Eugene Lee and Richard Belzer tributes. And we finally got that 5 Timers jacket...to Jack White! And Also Scarlett Johanson was on hand to give one to Woody.

Well, this was certainly...an episode. Next week, an athlete hosts. Yay...

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

I love Jack White.

I also loved Please Don't Destroy, the fabulous gym sketch and the Cologuard commercial.  And, of course, the 2 (ugh...2) in memoriam bumper cards.  Otherwise...eh.  

Mr. ebk was wondering why Scarlett didn't show up more often.  I don't wonder at all... 

• Like 5

that was an ok episode, not great but there have been many that were far worse. Loved the running "5 timer jacket" joke and the Hippo/whale sketch. Did they do WU joke swap early? cause that was great.

edit: and the cologuard sketch was great too

Edited by MrWhyt
  • Like 4
14 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Cologuard: Oh finally, they're taking on this weird ad. It's a colon cancer screening tool. That's a box. That you poop in. And send in the mail. Oh my god, was that great. Loved the ending where the boxes weren't sentient. And Dismukes was watching.

You know, having Kenan as a UPS man that's too interested in what's going on wasn't necessary . . . but he nailed it. Also, I think talking boxes urging you to dook in them would be effective to get someone off drugs.

14 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Next week, an athlete hosts. Yay...

Given his interviews, I think Travis Kelce will bring the enthusiasm if nothing else. And it's funny that the music act's first name is same as his last, but it's spelled differently. For anyone interested, Deadspin ranked NFL players hosting SNL. Obviously, Peyton Manning is at the top.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 3

Yeah, I thought the whole episode was just alright. Nothing really stood out. I guess the takedown of what my dad not so warmly dismisses as "the poop box" . I would had switched out any sketch for an actual 5 Timers Club  sketch. The monologue in particular was disappointing. We all know Woody likes pot. The most interesting thing to me was trying to decide if Woody himself was a little ticked based on his intro to Jack white's first song. That didn't seem scripted to me, but I could be wrong. Glad he did get a jacket at the end.

10 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I knew Chloe would play the jury forewoman but I was kind of hoping they wouldn't do her. Yes, her interviews were weird and in very questionable judgement, but she just seems to be an ordinary person who mistakenly went into the spotlight.

I guess I'm the exact opposite. I thought the impression was half-hearted at best. If you are going to do her, really go for it. 

Also, Heidi's bit on Update was a total miss for me because it was the exact same voice she uses for the Boxer's girlfriend. I was waiting for Colin to say, "Angel, is that you?".

Edited by vb68
  • Like 8
32 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Two Men Speak in The Most Beautiful Gym in The World: Woody and Bowen being weird? Why was this so late in the show? This was great. "This gym is so classy, it should be called James" and "a big piano, sir" just slayed me. The literal gym rat was great, too.

Yeah, my main takeaway from this episode is that 'Two Men Speak in the Most Beautiful Gym in the World' needs to be a recurring sketch with Bowen! As long as it's a host that works well with him.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, JeanJean said:

I knew Chloe would play the jury forewoman but I was kind of hoping they wouldn't do her. Yes, her interviews were weird and in very questionable judgement, but she just seems to be an ordinary person who mistakenly went into the spotlight. And I thinking calling her "horse girl" was a cheap shot. I wondered if the audience was uncomfortable with it too, because they were very quiet.

I Saw The Picture OF That Woman On That Jury And I Said Out Loud I Think Chloe Will Play Her ! She Looked More Like Chloe And She Did NOT Look Like Heidi OR Sarah ! ! Some People On The Internet Do Not Think That Woman On The Jury Is Doing Any Thing Wrong ! I STILL Wonder IF She Is Putting The Case In Jeopardy Though ! You Might Be Right About That Remark ! I Think They Were Joking Even Though She Does Look Like That, But, That Is A Little Offensive And Might Hurt Her Feelings ! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

This is....... okay.

My favourite part so far has been Heidi Gardner as Gina Bianchi.  I'm sure that millions if not billions of women can totally relate to having a mother like that.

This was a big letdown after Pedro Pascal.  I know everyone went crazy for Lisa from Temecula but in all honesty I thought PP's episode was great from start to end.

I am genuinely a fan of Woody's and thought he would be a good host.  After a 2 week break (?) that is a letdown for sure.  And then two people hosting next time that I do not know about or care about at all.  Sigh.

Pablo DID Have A Great Show, But, I Thought This Was A Pretty Good Show ! ! A Couple OF Times, I Laughed ! I Thought The Stake Out Made Me Laugh And I Usually Do Not Like These Kids ! I Think I Laughed Maybe In The Prison Skit ! Actually, I Did Not Care About Week End Update ! I Think I Liked Week End Update The Least ! By The Way, I Liked Jack White's Second Song Much Better Than His first Song ! I  Did not Like Jack White's First Song ! 

10 minutes ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

I tuned him out when he started spouting his thinly veiled antivax "plot."

Yeah.  He tried to be covert by using ramble but it was pretty overt, IMO.    And after the monologue and the cold open*, I chose to only watch on DVR so I could fast forward things I didn't like or didn't get good reviews here, which was most of the skits. 

*JAJ's Trump might be a good impression but I've never laughed at it. 

Do Not Destroy was funny.  As was the Colegard commercial. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 8
1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

Cold Open: YKW visiting East Palestine (not a good name!) practically wrote itself. Was not expecting a Scott Pilgrim namedrop, especially from Trump. It got pretty awkward.

Monologue: I don't believe that Woody Harrelson was sober here at all. This was less of a monologue, more of a ramble. This is gonna be a long 90 minutes.

Prison Visit: Don't quite know what to make of this one. It was hard to hear understand everyone talking over each other. Kenan's delivery on "someone's math ain't mathing" was the highlight of the sketch.

Please Don't Destroy: Finally, a funny one. The other two guys have a secret family without Ben.

Slingshot: “Guy passing out on the Slingshot” happens often enough for a whole lotta YouTube videos. 

I feel like it could've gone on a little bit longer, because Kenan blurting out secrets in between fainting didn't make much of an impact.

Submarine: Dumb name? That was fun, but Woody never breaking his cadence was the best part. "ASDAFAJACKAL" got the biggest laugh of the night so far.

Jack White 1: Hey, they gave a 5 Times jacket to Paul Simon, Jack White definitely deserves one. This was a great song. Although I wish there was a flashing light warning here.

WU: The audience kinda sucked tonight, but Colin and Che live for crowds like this. "What Did They Even Do Wrong?" was totally a Joke Swap moment. 

The Hippo: Was not expecting to see Woody Harrelson in a fat suit here, but what a weird visual.

Goodnights: Loved the Eugene Lee and Richard Belzer tributes. And we finally got that 5 Timers jacket...to Jack White! And Also Scarlett Johanson was on hand to give one to Woody.

Well, this was certainly...an episode. Next week, an athlete hosts. Yay...

Well Galileo, IT Sounded Like You Thought The Episode Was Mixed ! Would You Believe That I Did NOT Notice The Word JACKAL ! I Thought They Would Have Talked More About The 6996 ! I Don't Think You Should Compare Jack White To Paul Simon ! Only Paul McCartney OR Maybe The Rolling Stones Should Be Compared To Paul Simon ! ! ! I Did NOT Like That First Song ! I Liked The Second Song Much Better ! ! I DID Think OF The Joke Swap About Then in Update ! I Think Maybe They Wanted People To Stay The Entire Time For The End And That Is Why They Did The Gym Sketch Near The End ! I Enjoyed The Covid Tests, But, I Thought He Should Go Inside ! Do You Notice How They Always Have Weird Dos? The Man Was Looking In The Window On The Christmas Episode OR Maybe Thanks Giving Episode And Then, IT Was The Angle That Was The Weird Do ! Now, They Have A Man Undressing Out Side And Both Times, IT Was Heidi That Noticed These Weird Dos ! ! 

17 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

JAJ's Trump might be a good impression but I've never laughed at it. 

The whole sketch was a little too on the nose for an event like that for me to enjoy it.

I definitely tuned the rambling monologue out once I realized Woody talking was the whole thing. 

• Like 4

I didn't even catch the COVID or vax talk because I just wasn't paying attention. I find Woody Harrelson to be pleasant enough whenever I see him on TV, but I haven't watched any of his movies in a very long time. He's not someone who leaves me rapt with anticipation. He was going on and on and on in the monologue (7 minutes, as it turned out), and somewhere around the time he went into great detail about his pot habit to the point of letting everyone meet his dealer (somewhere John Belushi was probably cheering), I faded out. 

I would venture to guess that far more people know about his comments because of sites like Rolling Stone that have become clickbait farms than they would have otherwise. But they get a lot of profit while feigning outrage, so...good for them???

I think one of the problems I am having with the show of late is I just feel like I have already seen everything I need to see of the people who keep getting airtime. If you aren't interested in them you aren't going to be interested in the night. This isn't new for SNL, but some long-running cast members are better than others at finding fresh work. As @vb68 said above, I immediately thought Heidi was just doing her Angel voice. I had to go back and rewatch this later, and it still did absolutely nothing for me. Bowen's wordplay with Woody at the end went on and on, I don't think Woody was the right choice for a partner, and those wordplay sketches were better done by cast members like Kristen Wiig (in her first few seasons, before she just started making faces all the time). Kenan's had a wonderful run, but I'm at the point now where if there's a long sketch that exists just so he can make funny faces, and absolutely nothing else is going on, like the amusement park sketch, I'm just not interested anymore. I enjoyed the PDD short, but I just kept thinking I've seen them do all this before, or I've seen other people do this before. You can't expect originality, there are only so many ideas, but there's just something so samey about PDD to where even when I like it I forget it almost immediately. 

I thought the Cologuard sketch was well-made, beyond being too long, but there's some talk about whether or not it was based on a Youtube video (the video is very crude so I don't know if it should be linked, but the Youtube channel is called Zebra Corner and the video is called If Commercials Were Real Life - Cologuard), so I'm not going to praise it now.

The sub sketch and the Hippo sketches were very well-acted by the cast and Woody and had some good lines, but weren't particularly good in of themselves. At least the former did try to use most of the cast, unlike the rest of the night. The latter had a real copout of an ending which suggested someone panicking at the last minute over even the mildest parody.

Maybe one of the problems is the older I get the less people I know. JAJ did a good job on Update but I had no idea who the hell he was playing. Chloe did not do a good job in the cold open, but I'm not sure what she could have done playing someone most of the studio audience clearly had no history with, and on top of that, just a bad, pointless sketch. Presumably someone decided Trump's visit to East Palestine, Ohio was so crazy, it wrote itself...and did not bother to write an actual sketch, or good lines. One of the worst cold opens this season.

Overall, I think the only parts of this episode I would want to see again are the whole runner of Woody asking where his 5-timer robe was, and the jokes from Jost and Che. 

I really hope this is the final season for some of these people...although I feel like I say that every season so maybe it's more about how they are (over)used if they stay on long enough. Unless they are like Punkie, who is seemingly lucky to get in the building. 

Cut sketch:

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Like 8

Ego was really good in the prison sketch. 

JAJ does a great Trump, but it's so real it's not funny.  I never like the cold opens anyway.

Lots of weak points in this show.  I totally tuned out on the submarine and the basketball news guy.

The WU joke swaps were funny. 

• Like 4

That was … terrible. Was the prison skit and slingshot even supposed to be funny? What was the joke? That people lie while in prison, and some people pass out on thrill rides? Isn’t that just … reality?

The submarine skit was a bit better but badly thought out. They should have built up to the fact a poll was used to name the sub and then slowly revealed each name, as the captain and crew realized what each name meant they were called.

The Cologuard skit made no sense, given the test. The boxes should have wanted to unleash on Woody, to get the sample, not the other way around.

Nothing against Jack White, but that kind of music gets on my nerves. Jaggedly shouting with no melody.

Only made it to WU so far. 

Update: The Bill Walton and NJ mom WU guest impressions were bad. If you’re going to do a guest character, they have to be either absurdly funny or cleverly poking fun at actual people. Those characters were just realistic portrayals of a real guy and an annoying stereotype.

The Hippo was just sad.

The nice gym skit had a few laughs, and some silliness that got sillier as it went. I liked it.

Edited by Ottis
  • Like 1

I didn’t enjoy Woody’s performance in most sketches. He seemed a little lost, especially  during that monologue. After the sub sketch, when they showed the cast members running off to get ready for whatever was next, it looked like someone physically took Woody’s and had to lead him where he needed to go. I thought he did fine in the pre-filmed bits, though.

That wasn’t the “official” WU joke swap, was it? Don’t they usually announce it and do several each? I did enjoy WU, except for the guests.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, SHD said:

it looked like someone physically took Woody’s and had to lead him where he needed to go.

i've seen that before with other hosts, they have their own "wrangler" to lead them to where they have to go for costume/hair/etc between sketches. The next thing we saw woody in after that was the whale sketch so it would have required quite a bit to get him into the fat suit/make up.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

You know, having Kenan as a UPS man that's too interested in what's going on wasn't necessary . . . but he nailed it.

I wish the writers wouldn't rely so much on someone watching and commenting in sketches. Like you said, the UPS man wasn't necessary, esp since they have the neighbors watching at the end. 

26 minutes ago, Ottis said:

The submarine skit was a bit better but badly thought out. They should have built up to the fact a poll was used to name the sub and then slowly revealed each name, as the captain and crew realized what each name meant they were called.

My problem was that I couldn't always understand what they were saying, or rather, yelling, esp as a group. But I do think your idea is funnier. However, then they wouldn't have had the "comedy" of everyone yelling.

I agree with others that this show was underwhelming.

I actually always enjoy JAJ's Trump impression. He's so good at it. My favorite line in this CO was right after he talked about Rhianna he immediately said, "But your train exploded." As far as the jury foreperson, I was kinda uncomfortable with the show making fun of this woman. I admit I haven't seen any video of her, just a photo and article with quotes from her, so I don't know how accurate the impression was. What was the thing she said twice? It seemed very random. (Sorry, I can't remember exactly what it was.)

The monologue. Oy. I was confused. Was it supposed to be a shaggy dog story, i.e., long-winded and not terribly funny? Also, when he first referenced something happening the Sunday after he last hosted, what was he talking about? The audience seemed to know, so I assume I'm either out of the loop or just forgot whatever it was. And I didn't realize he was an anti-vaxxer, so when he talked about the movie plot (a real movie plot?) I was kind of shocked.

The prison sketch was ok, really only because of Ego.

I liked the please don't destroy video. That was well-done.

I also liked the Slingshot sketch. I thought Kenan passing out and flopping around was amusing.

I wasn't sure if the Cologuard commercial was based on a real thing, but reading here I learned that it was. I had heard something about a new kind of colon cancer screening test, but I didn't know it was this. This was a good one.

MTG as Cocaine Bear was perfect. I know who Bill Walton is from way back, but I have no knowledge of him in present day. That whole segment was not at all funny. A couple of jokes I did like were Michael Che's new segment "What Did They Even Do Wrong?" and the line that the worst roads are the ones that go into NJ.

I thought The Hippo sketch was pretty good. "I have something called triabetes," and "I wasn't included in your original friend count!?!" were good lines. 

I loved a lot of the lines in The Most Beautiful Gym in the World. Or should we say, the Most Beautiful James.

"She sounds beautiful."
"Well she looks ugly."

"Are you going to wipe the machine?"
"Why? Did it doo-doo?"

All in all, not a great show. 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

I didn't even catch the COVID or vax talk because I just wasn't paying attention. I find Woody Harrelson to be pleasant enough whenever I see him on TV, but I haven't watched any of his movies in a very long time. He's not someone who leaves me rapt with anticipation. He was going on and on and on in the monologue (7 minutes, as it turned out), and somewhere around the time he went into great detail about his pot habit to the point of letting everyone meet his dealer (somewhere John Belushi was probably cheering), I faded out. 

This is much better worded summary of what I was trying to express. Once it was obvious he was going into a long, rambling pot story, I thought "oh jeez" and checked out.

With regard to the prison sketch, honestly if they wanted to do something like that, why wasn't he playing Alex Murdaugh? That would have given it some relevance.

The ironic thing about the cut sketch above is that Woody singing to the Adele tune was better than anything else he did all night. 

Edited by vb68
  • Like 3
13 minutes ago, SHD said:

it looked like someone physically took Woody’s and had to lead him where he needed to go.

That's the official handler, and that's her job to get him from place to place. I think her name is Donna. Jimmy Fallon occasionally mentions her when he's trying to put upcoming hosts at ease or telling stories.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, TheOtherOne said:

Godammit Woody. You just had to get high before the monologue…

I did crack up that it took so long for them to give him the jacket.

3 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

JAJ does a great Trump, but it's so real it's not funny.

That's not a new problem.  SNL has had some accurate impressions (JAJ's Trump, Jay Pharoah's Obama, Hammond's Trump) that often have trouble getting the laughs that some more exaggerated portrayals (Ferrell's W Bush, Carvey's Bush) could reliably get. Of course, they've also had some really lousy impressions (Armisen's Obama) that also failed to get the laughs.

• Like 4

It made me very happy to see Ego with her arm around Punkie during the goodnights. 

10 hours ago, vb68 said:

Also, Heidi's bit on Update was a total miss for me because it was the exact same voice she uses for the Boxer's girlfriend. I was waiting for Colin to say, "Angel, is that you?".

I was thinking at least it wasn't as bad as Aunt Pat but I was frustrated with the writing. The little stories about her son taking her food and her money while she ignored her daughters' objections made the point! She didn't need to also announce at the end of each that she loved her son and belittled her daughters.   

57 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

As far as the jury foreperson, I was kinda uncomfortable with the show making fun of this woman.

It felt like Chloe doing an impersonation of Kristen Wiig's Sue who can't handle surprises. I was also uncomfortable with making fun of the real woman. I wasn't sure which way to interpret it but I think it is funnier if Trump is wrong about her being on his side so I am going with that.

5 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

I thought the Cologuard sketch was well-made, beyond being too long

I was torn here because people can be so weird about poop and about 10% of my brain was worried about this putting people off testing for colon cancer. I did like the bumper that showed the puppetry of the boxes.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, vb68 said:

That's the official handler, and that's her job to get him from place to place. I think her name is Donna. Jimmy Fallon occasionally mentions her when he's trying to put upcoming hosts at ease or telling stories.

I’ve seen other handlers after the sketches end and have seen them pointing the way or waving someone along but I’d never noticed one physically leading someone by the hand. That was the part that stood out to me. But maybe that’s also common and I’ve just not noticed it before.

Totally thought the Cologuard sketch was real. So real that I whacked my better half and yelled, "OMG, they used a BALL in the cartoon colon! WTH is WITH Madison Ave.'s obsession with scat? I know sex sells, but graphic and gross poop commercials? God help us all." Then my better half pointed out the logo. Oh. Well, that was the one sketch that brought a smile to my face, so well done, show. 

Like others have pointed out, I couldn't understand what the sailors were yelling, so that sketch may have been funny, but I'll never know.

Just lurve opening my SNL viewing with an anti vaxxer whose monologue is basically repeated exclamations of how much he loves pot. Maybe if I were at the party and drunk or something, I might have tolerated him, but at home and sober? Nope.

Never been a fan of PDD, but they sometimes are mildly amusing and have a lot of energy. This one, though...cringed so hard my back hurt.

And, to top it off, the show insisted on bringing back yet ANOTHER renamed, recycled version of Angel on WU. Show, please stop trying to make this happen. It's so awful and grating. Gardner is never going to be able to replace Strong's OTT, loud and goofy characters, no matter how much she bellows or affects a vague Joisey accent. Really just makes me want to shut the show off and go find Kathy Anne and Jeannine Pirro on YouTube. 

I try to have low or no expectations when I watch SNL because I know it's gone very vanilla and safe and I mainly just hope for a few smiles, but when an ep is so bad I'm either dozing off or getting p*ssed well....I'm just glad to have this board as an outlet for my armchair critic, Monday morning quarterbacking b*tching and moaning.  ;)

• Like 5
2 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I actually always enjoy JAJ's Trump impression. He's so good at it. My favorite line in this CO was right after he talked about Rhianna he immediately said, "But your train exploded." As far as the jury foreperson, I was kinda uncomfortable with the show making fun of this woman. I admit I haven't seen any video of her, just a photo and article with quotes from her, so I don't know how accurate the impression was. What was the thing she said twice? It seemed very random. (Sorry, I can't remember exactly what it was.)

Woody said he last hosted Thanksgiving 2019.  COVID started right after that in December.

2 hours ago, peeayebee said:

The monologue. Oy. I was confused. Was it supposed to be a shaggy dog story, i.e., long-winded and not terribly funny? Also, when he first referenced something happening the Sunday after he last hosted, what was he talking about? The audience seemed to know, so I assume I'm either out of the loop or just forgot whatever it was. And I didn't realize he was an anti-vaxxer, so when he talked about the movie plot (a real movie plot?) I was kind of shocked.

JAJ's Trump is the best.  The jury foreman has been interviewed on TV - I can only assume that the impression was based off of that.

The monologue was definitely supposed to be a shaggy dog story with the implication that he was extending it so they could show up with the 5 timers jacket.  The part about the Sunday after he last hosted was funny - the show is always on Saturday so of course the next day is Sunday.

I actually walked out on the Cologuard commercial thinking that it was a real commercial. Oh well....

The Ohio River = Fenty beauty water. (Image my surprise to learn there is a skin serum called Fenty Skin Fat Water. SNL left an easy joke on the table.)

So was SNL insinuating that goofy lead juror in GA was paid off to nullify the trial?

Bowen and the Borzois would make great band name. I wonder if those were actually his beautiful dogs in the opening credits?

Wait, PDD's Ben Marshall might be the father of Carla Jean's baby. He's tall and he has red hair.

Travis Kelce is hosting next week. Good thing he's hot AF because I predict the cue cards will be a challenge for him. Unlike the Philadelphia Eagles defensive line. 😏

I did not have "anthropomorphic scat fetish used in product placement skit" on my bingo card for this SNL episode.

Do the people running the Academy Awards really think viewers will tune in to see if someone gets slapped again this year? If so maybe they shouldn't have publicized their new crisis team.

High doses of Vitamin C to end a pregnancy. Hmm, perhaps the tablets are supposed to be inserted instead of swallowed. <i keed, i keed>

Koons ain't safe in Florida.

Pretty sure the Gina Bianchi bit in WU was inspired by a reddit post by one of the daighters.

Scarlett Johansson is a five-timer? Low bar. 😒

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 5

I loved Chloe's impersonation of that jury forewoman.  I'm just sorry that the bit didn't go on longer. That woman knew exactly what she was doing giving those interviews because she wanted to be on tv.  When I watched her interviews, my first thought was, "My God, they picked her as the foreperson?  That was the best they could do?"  So, I think she deserved to be mocked and she's an embarrassment to the judicial system.  

• Like 7
26 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I loved Chloe's impersonation of that jury forewoman.  I'm just sorry that the bit didn't go on longer. That woman knew exactly what she was doing giving those interviews because she wanted to be on tv.  When I watched her interviews, my first thought was, "My God, they picked her as the foreperson?  That was the best they could do?"  So, I think she deserved to be mocked and she's an embarrassment to the judicial system.  

Yeah I was under impression she's been courting the media entirely by choice and I was wondering why everyone feels so bad for her!  Isn't she trying to be a media darling?  Which is totally inappropriate given her position?

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yeah I was under impression she's been courting the media entirely by choice and I was wondering why everyone feels so bad for her!  Isn't she trying to be a media darling?  Which is totally inappropriate given her position?

I think the jury foreman is chosen at the start and people don't know each other yet.  Of course she went into it willingly but I feel it ended up a kind of deer-in-the-headlights situation. She's already been subjected to a ton of social media abuse - I wish SNL had left her alone.  Plus, Choe didn't add anything to it - it was like parodying a parody.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Jody said:

I Saw The Picture OF That Woman On That Jury And I Said Out Loud I Think Chloe Will Play Her ! She Looked More Like Chloe And She Did NOT Look Like Heidi OR Sarah ! ! Some People On The Internet Do Not Think That Woman On The Jury Is Doing Any Thing Wrong ! I STILL Wonder IF She Is Putting The Case In Jeopardy Though ! You Might Be Right About That Remark ! I Think They Were Joking Even Though She Does Look Like That, But, That Is A Little Offensive And Might Hurt Her Feelings ! 

1. No, she is not putting and has not put anything in jeopardy. 

2. Isn't it an effort to capitalize every word?

• Like 6
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

I think the jury foreman is chosen at the start and people don't know each other yet.  Of course she went into it willingly but I feel it ended up a kind of deer-in-the-headlights situation. She's already been subjected to a ton of social media abuse - I wish SNL had left her alone.  Plus, Choe didn't add anything to it - it was like parodying a parody.

Is she forced to speak to the media?  I don't think social media abuse is okay at all, but why is she giving so many interviews?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 4