Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Diary of a Deckie

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

Like a phony crew who feign surprise at a firing overdue, these comments are in the order of the episode scenes broadcast.

There was far more screen time of Captain Queeg justifying the firing of Camille when all we need is a few scenes of Camille sewing the seeds of her own destruction.

Fraser and Alissa were completely fake about how they “didn’t expect” Camille to be fired.  Ross runs away from Camille when she confronts him – well done, asshole!  At least own your opinions!  What else would you possibly expect?

“Camille’s out!” – finally.

Captain Queeg (to Captain Lee) – “You look great!”  What a liar.  Don’t pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining.  Captain Lee looked tired and trying to recover.  Instead of platitudes, how about something like “Hang in there – get well soon – trying to keep things together here.”

Tony – telling Ben you’re “here for him” isn’t the same as Ben canoodling with Camille.  Maybe you can grunt something for him.

Ben (about Alissa and her role with Camille) – “You’re in my bad books for the rest of eternity.”  How perceptive!

Alissa is now playing the victim – “Everything’s about me, everyone’s talking about me. (whine/cry)”  You wish.  Let’s see who she sets her sights on next.

Rachel seems to getting sandbagged by these “around the world” dinner courses.  She’s set up to fail given the amount time to plate/serve/etc.  Aww, food to spicy?  Or it wouldn’t be spicy enough.  Fake drama.

Yes, Captain Queeg, how many times do you have to hear the story of you being a former drunk?  What is it, 3 times so far this year?

Personally, I think the tasting menu is pretty cool.  There is a lost art of conversation, etc. at table so it seems like an eternity between courses, when in reality, if one is actually enjoying the company of one’s dinner guests, it’s all in aid of a great experience.

So now there’s a “battle of antlers” between Captain Queeg and a neighbouring yacht that claims space based on where they were the day before. 

What will happen next week?  Will Queeg’s crew and the other come to blows?  Will Rachel cook herself out of the tasting menu?  Will Alissa set her sights on another crew member?  Stay tuned, if you can keep the bullseye off you.

Edited by Tanukisan
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Bye Camille! Stay klassy!  You have a great future ahead of you…as someone’s SugarBaby or making some cash with your OnlyFans page. You will be able to afford plenty of that “Voove Clicko” champagne soon, Sweetie.

I have no prior knowledge of Captain Sandy on her franchise, but I have to say I really like how she is running this boat.  She gives constructive criticism, sage advice and sets her expectations pretty clearly.  Sandy definitely maintains a hands on approach to making sure tasks get done, even if it means doing it herself. And I LOOOVED her handling of the snooty Captain on the other yacht! “You’re so concerned about wind, YOU haul anchor and skedaddle to a “safer”spot.” It’s a pretty big fucking ocean, dude.

Yes, Camille was lazy and thought she was a guest, not an employee.  However, watching Alissa and Fraser and Haley “working” this charter proves that Camille wasn’t the only weak link on board.  Alissa has been a toxic presence since Day 1. She really should get some therapy and address her Daddy Disappointment issues. Fraser is very good with guests, but he is a terrible manager.  Haley hasn’t had much screen time, but she complains a lot. As gross as Ross is, he has a great, hard working crew. Katie is kicking butt.  Ben knows what he’s doing on deck. Even Tony is a good worker in between his grunting and sleeping hours.

I think Rachel has burnt out.  She’s very talented, but maybe her fine dining yacht chef days are done.  She will be very successful as a chef, but not under the pressure of being on a reality show with producer-driven shenanigans.  Enough with the “tasting menus” !  Most of the guests on these charters would probably prefer amazingly prepared tacos or chicken parm!  They may have money to rent a (heavily discounted) chartered yacht, but most of them seem to have either plebeian pallets or pretentious ones.

Edited by BusyOctober
Spelling
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

I actually enjoyed this episode. Camille never really bothered me, I'm loving Alissa feeling guilty though. Camille's "I'm getting fired eyes" were a hoot. They were like 50 cent pieces...LOL. A tasting menu is not fast food...it's supposed to be slow. Still can't figure out Rachel. She seems so unfulfilled. Maybe she just wants Lee back. The pepper thing threw me. You get one group of dipshit guests that want food so spicy it sends your tastebuds into shock and then you think all guests want overly spicy food? Every charter group is a reset. She has to know that. I loved how she shut Camille down by saying she can go to the next manager now. "That will be all dear."  BWAHAHAAAAH 🤣

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Tanukisan said:

Yes, Captain Queeg, how many times do you have to hear the story of you being a former drunk?  What is it, 3 times so far this year?

Yes. And add all of the other years we heard about it. She really thinks she's an anomaly: female yacht captain, former alcoholic, excellent micro manager. superior skills at managing the chefs, great teeth (veneers?) Her tough time dealing with other Captains who are men. Fuck off Sandy.

I hope Capt. Lee returns asap. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I've really come to dislike Alyssa.  Totally BS ing Mama.  Cry me a river.

Now she has to pick up the slack.  haha  We'll see if she jumps on the new stew.

Fraser and her acting like they didn't know when Camille told  is kinda sleazy.

Tony is hilarious "at least I'll get some sleep"

I couldn't understand most of what Lee said.  Nice touch by Sandy to let him know.  Not a bad pep talk either.

Ben seems more heartbroken than I expected.  Ross is still useless.  Katie needs to drop him like a hot rock.

Don't twerk Fraser.  Things seem smooth now.  Time will tell.

Guests seem pretty mellow.

Not a Dr. so not sure how serious Hayley's condition is.  Medic doesn't seem too concerned.

So Rachel saved the super spicy for people who don't like it.  Oops!  I think she has the toughest job on the boat.  Breakfast, lunch AND dinner.  Trying to accommodate all the various tastes.  That's a very long day.  Not sure she could make it go faster.  It's not McDonald's.  LOL.  Sorry Sandy, they wanted this "tasting menu" which always take a long time. They should just start earlier.  Lunch at 2:30?

These picnics are silly.  Eat aboard noonish, then go to the beach.

Who parked their boat too close to the other?  Wreck potential!!!  Darn!

• Like 8

That little fiasco with the anchoring got me thinking. Anchoring etiquette usually gives priority to the vessel that was there first. I'm not sure which vessel that was. That said, it's asking a lot to expect the St. David to move just because the other captain thinks there "might" be wind and because he wants to let out more chain. Then there is the conversation between Sandy and the other boat. The conversation seemed fake. I'll bet it was staged so Sandy could win over the big mean boys club skipper.

Edited by aqusdealer
  • Like 6
3 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

Personally, I think the tasting menu is pretty cool.  There is a lost art of conversation, etc. at table so it seems like an eternity between courses, when in reality, if one is actually enjoying the company of one’s dinner guests, it’s all in aid of a great experience.

May I quote this because I can't upvote enough. Yes, you enjoy conversation if you're with people you like.

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
25 minutes ago, nokat said:

When Camille said "this is debauchery" I lost it.

Yeah it was her way of saying her getting fired was BS.

Debauchery was her banging Ben on the top bunk with Tony below.

First the producers come up with these stupid preference sheets with 8-course around the world meals and picnic the next day.

Then Rachel gets flak for not cranking out the food fast enough?  If they guests really had to eat a lot and often, or at least the pregnant one did, why not just stay on board and keep asking for in-between meal snacks or mini meals?

Instead they play along for the picnic on the beach and complain the food isn't right there when they arrive on the beach.  Of course they made sure the cameras were set up first so the wife could say she's hungry and then the husband could complain that she needs food and then you have the crew radioing each other.

Oh no, someone is going hungry!

The primary was prodded to twist the knife, saying they should have poured the hot miso soup and then the very next morning, less than 24 hours after coming on board, he demands to know if the interior is shorthanded.  Like how would he know?  Do the guests even understand there are two separate teams of workers, though they obviously have the all the crew help out during dinner service?

He didn't come up with those comments on his own.

Imogen the "I have a unique name" guest with her unusual laugh that she did repeatedly, then listening to her AirPods at dinner and then skipping out the final courses to dance by herself.

Where do they get these people?

• Like 10

I didn't think the dinner service was that long with how many tastings they had.   I agree that people don't know how to have dinner conversations anymore.   It's a bit of a lost art.   Put your phones down and talk.

I loved Sandy in this episode.   Her management style, her call to Lee and her my d is bigger standoff with the other captain was entertaining to me.   Carry on, Sandy.  

I would rather watch Ben cry then hump.  

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

Rachel and the eight course tasting dinner, these guests asked for it, they know there is one chef on the boat, they know each course is labor intensive for the plating, each course has to be cooked minutes before plating, how long did they think it would take?  I also noticed that Rachel has not done family style service at all, (we have seen lesser Below Deck chefs do that a lot), maybe Rachel should do the next few meals family style, no waiting.

I understand Sandy not wanting to move the boat, the other boat came along after St. David had been anchored there so it is on them to move to another spot. Good for her standing firm, bad for her in her other management skills, why wasn't Fraser present when she fired Camille? Isn't the head of department usually present when one of their own is getting sacked or coached?

Shouldn't Sandy have told Capt. Lee that she was going to fire Camille prior to her doing it? 

• Like 8

When Camille said "this is debauchery" I lost it.

I don't think that word means what she thinks it means.

If she was genuinely surprised to be fired it's because producers were probably telling her she was doing great and that the audience was going to love her.

I thought Rachel handled Camille's confrontation really well. Fraser and Ross, not so much. 

Did I hear right, that Sandy requested another deck stew? Like that wasn't the root of the problem in the first place?

Did I hear right again, Ross and the deck crew were saying what a huge help Camille was? Are they high?

Rachel and the eight course tasting dinner, these guests asked for it, they know there is one chef on the boat, they know each course is labor intensive for the plating, each course has to be cooked minutes before plating, how long did they think it would take?

Did the guests specifically request an eight course tasting meal or did they just request an "around the world" tasting meal without specifying how many courses? The latter is what Sandy made it sound like after the fact. I'd have to go back and watch, which I have no intention of doing. But if the guests do in fact request multi-course tasting meals, then someone needs to tell them "just to be clear, you will be sitting there for over two hours. Do you still want that?" This has happened twice now and it's making Rachel look incompetent rather than the guests impatient. I don't remember "time elapsed" captions on previous seasons.

• Like 7

Bye, Camille!  Happy twerking elsewhere.  

I was almost waiting for her to scream about "the lies!  the lies!" after mangling "debauchery" and running off to people she thought actually liked her in an attempt to get them to commiserate with her. 

Rachel was a total boss in dealing with her.  Exactly how every person on the boat should have dealt with her.  

I agree with @aghstthat so much of the "drama" we're seeing is producer manipulation.  Based on the upcoming scenes, the new "deck/stew" is going to be someone that Ben actually knows and someone he's been exchanging nude selfies with.  Suuuuuure.  And don't be so quick to think that now you'll get sleep, Tony, because apparently Ben is going to be humping the new deck stew . . . just in time for Camille to return.  Suuuuuure.  Although it will be entertaining if Camille goes Fatal Attraction on Ben.

I do feel for Fraser.  As someone posted above (apologies, I cannot remember who and I'm too lazy to scroll), he's great with the charter guests but not as good as chief stew with the crew.  I think he's very sensitive and he was being very genuine about not wanting to crush someone's spirit.  I hope Alissa doesn't prove to be a problem with or without Camille and I hope the new deck stew will not turn about to be Camille 2.0.  

Question:  so that white furry coat Camille wore on her way out, did a previous charter guest borrow that from her or did she lift it from him?    

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I don't think that word means what she thinks it means.

I'm sure it wasn't what she meant. It did give me a giggle. A nod to the movie. (The Princess Bride).

Edited by nokat
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
32 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Question:  so that white furry coat Camille wore on her way out, did a previous charter guest borrow that from her or did she lift it from him?

Camille looked like the self absorbed twatwaffle as she came in as.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, nokat said:

I'm sure it wasn't what she meant. It did give me a giggle. A nod to the movie. (The Princess Bride).

I wanted so badly to get a meme of Andre the Giant saying that!

1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

Rachel was a total boss in dealing with her.  Exactly how every person on the boat should have dealt with her.  

I honestly do not remember Rachel having an issue with Camille, did I just block it out or was there some sort of confrontation between them?

• Like 2

I for one will miss Camille. She was a prefect reality TV character and, if this episode was any indication, her presence will be missed. Who thinks Alyssa was crying because she realized that even with Camille gone, Ben still isn't interested in her? Then the previews show her flirting with Ross yet again.

Speaking of Ross, he dated kooky Elizabeth, the crystal chick with the UTIs who got fired on S8? Explains a lot.

13 hours ago, aghst said:

The primary was prodded to twist the knife, saying they should have poured the hot miso soup and then the very next morning, less than 24 hours after coming on board, he demands to know if the interior is shorthanded.  Like how would he know?  Do the guests even understand there are two separate teams of workers, though they obviously have the all the crew help out during dinner service?

So much this. There was a similar instance on BD Adventure where a guest out of the blue asked one of the crew who they were interested in hooking up with. Just screams of producer intervention which is becoming increasingly more obvious.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I wanted so badly to get a meme of Andre the Giant saying that!

I honestly do not remember Rachel having an issue with Camille, did I just block it out or was there some sort of confrontation between them?

No, Camille did. She went to Rachel with her tone to get validation that no, not every department head had a problem with her, only to be shocked to find out that Rachel DID have a problem, she just chose to handle it in a manner that's nearer to 'professional' than "get shitfaced and blow up your colleague in front of others and in public." Rachel didn't have time to make a big deal out of Camille's uselessness, and very likely addressed whatever her concerns were with Fraser (Camille's manager, Rachel's peer). I was delighted by the way Rachel handled Camille in this last moment, she wasn't an asshole about it, but she was clear. Good for her and what a turnaround by someone who two seasons ago was an absolute nightmare. Seems like she's dropped the stereotypical chef "tortured genius' rol and just likes to let her talent shine. This boat isn't doing her any favors. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Did I hear right, that Sandy requested another deck stew? Like that wasn't the root of the problem in the first place?

Did I hear right again, Ross and the deck crew were saying what a huge help Camille was? Are they high?

Did the guests specifically request an eight course tasting meal or did they just request an "around the world" tasting meal without specifying how many courses? The latter is what Sandy made it sound like after the fact. I'd have to go back and watch, which I have no intention of doing. But if the guests do in fact request multi-course tasting meals, then someone needs to tell them "just to be clear, you will be sitting there for over two hours. Do you still want that?" This has happened twice now and it's making Rachel look incompetent rather than the guests impatient. I don't remember "time elapsed" captions on previous seasons.

I had the very same thoughts.  Maybe Sandy thought she had better hire a "deck stew" in the event that Lee comes back.  They will have same crew configuration.  But, it did seem to be a problem, mainly because Ross and Fraser didn't plan a schedule.

The deck crew must have short memories.  Less than a week ago, they were saying she was not needed on deck.

Letting the guests know about the length of the tasting menus is a good idea....production would probably not like it!

2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

She mentioned that it belonged to the charter guest Peng (?- the one with the birthday photos of himself all over the boat).  I'm assuming he gave it to her.

• Like 1

There was that beach picnic where Camille said "I'm not on service, I'm helping the deck crew" and Rachel had to point out to her that everyone was on service at a beach picnic. Then when Rachel got back to the boat she reported the incident to Fraser. Also, it was Rachel who told Fraser that Camille had been drinking the whole day while they were supposed to be working.

Who thinks Alyssa was crying because she realized that even with Camille gone, Ben still isn't interested in her?

{raises hand} Camille has made a play for both Ben and Ross. I definitely think part of her issue with Camille was that Ben chose her over Alissa. Now she realizes that Ben - and probably the rest of the deck crew - holds her responsible for Camille being fired. Which - to be fair - she really isn't. But she's probably upset she's blown her chance with Ben and/or Ross.

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

Personally, I think the tasting menu is pretty cool.  There is a lost art of conversation, etc. at table so it seems like an eternity between courses, when in reality, if one is actually enjoying the company of one’s dinner guests

Damn that is  ^^^ spot on. Most of these "wealthy" guests can only be "entertained" by excessive booze, dumb ass theme parties and their belief that they are better than everyone else.

And then there's Bravo's production team. A village of a-holes.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, nokat said:

I guess I am dull, but I wouldn't want to be drunk the entire time, and would enjoy the food.

In the "old" days, luxury liners and other ships that made ocean crossings before the advent of air travel had actual libraries on board -- rooms with real books and places to read.  That's where I'd be -- in the reading lounge -- and not objecting to an accompanying cocktail or glass of bubbles.  For medicinal purposes, you understand.  (:

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Absolutely 100% fake. 

My theory is that it was the production yacht the behind the scenes stay in.

Some of the tasting menu could have been pre made ahead. The empananas and the dumplings could be pre assembled and cooked at the last minute. That would have sped things up.  To me, the tasting menu kind of looked like a bunch of appetizers.  I know that's the point, but serve more than one thing at once. It didn't seem like a large amount of food in total.   I would get bored.  But then, I get bored eating a large salad. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I feel like she misinterpreted when Sandy said “I listen to my department heads.” 
I heard it like she meant whoever is the head of a given department. Camille heard something like “ALL of my department heads” and confronted them all. Now they will probably all think that they were thrown under the bus by Sandy during the firing and feel resentful and untrusting of her which will cause more drama.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

In the "old" days, luxury liners and other ships that made ocean crossings before the advent of air travel had actual libraries on board -- rooms with real books and places to read.  That's where I'd be -- in the reading lounge -- and not objecting to an accompanying cocktail or glass of bubbles.  For medicinal purposes, you understand.  (:

I watch old movies and think this is how you travel.

• Like 4
17 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I understand Sandy not wanting to move the boat, the other boat came along after St. David had been anchored there so it is on them to move to another spot. Good for her standing firm, bad for her in her other management skills.

The other boat was there first, which is why it asked St. David to move.  But I agree with others who said this was staged.  I’m pretty sure the captain of the other boat would have to give permission to Bravo to include his conversation, and with Sandy basically telling him to f*ck off, why would he?  Totally staged. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Instead of coming down on Rachel and instead of requesting a deck stew, why doesn’t Sandy ask Rachel what kind of help she needs? Perhaps she could get a sous chef or assistant. The woman is cooking for these assholes all day, it doesn’t seem like a reach to get her some help.

My poor sweet Fraser is not good with conflict. His instinct was to comfort Camille instead of telling her to get on with it and get going. He may be too sensitive but he was dealt a shitty hand with not one, but two whiny assholes working for him. Then there’s Haley who seems like a good worker but looks dirty. I know that’s not fair but she does. 

Sandy definitely should have called Lee before the firing of Camille.

I laughed when Ben dumped what looked like three 12 packs of water bottles into asshole Alissa’s arms. Take that you cock blocker! The guy was a bit much with the crying and reminiscing. I’m happy for Tony and his peace and quiet. 

• Like 8

n the "old" days, luxury liners and other ships that made ocean crossings before the advent of air travel had actual libraries on board -- rooms with real books and places to read. 

It wasn't actually that long ago. I have travelled quite a bit by ship and recall the days when there was ship's stationary and even a mailbox in the reading room. Of course, the letters were mailed from the next port so sometimes the traveller arrived before the letter. . Within recent memory several of the Holland America ships had libraries. BUT, if you want to experience the largest library at sea as well as floor to ceiling windows and leather chairs and couches try the Queen Mary 2.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
On 1/23/2023 at 6:14 PM, Tanukisan said:

Sandy: "Starter, entree, dessert"
Me: that's a standard meal, not a tasting menu.  A tasting menu is 7 or more small bites.  Dumbass.

On 1/23/2023 at 10:15 PM, aghst said:

Rachel gets flak for not cranking out the food fast enough?  If they guests really had to eat a lot and often, or at least the pregnant one did, why not just stay on board and keep asking for in-between meal snacks or mini meals?

When Sandy started to go after Rachel, I was like :Hell, no.  You leave my girl alone.

On 1/24/2023 at 11:41 AM, Uncle JUICE said:

Seems like she's dropped the stereotypical chef "tortured genius' rol and just likes to let her talent shine. 

But she is "fueled by caffeine and hate" though.  (I love Rachael sooooo much!)

9 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Instead of coming down on Rachel and instead of requesting a deck stew, why doesn’t Sandy ask Rachel what kind of help she needs? Perhaps she could get a sous chef or assistant. The woman is cooking for these assholes all day, it doesn’t seem like a reach to get her some help.

At the start of this season, Rachal said that the kitchen and pantry are now on two separate floors.  Having someone fetch and carry for her seems like a good idea.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Sandy definitely should have called Lee before the firing of Camille.

AND Sandy should have asked the Rachel and Fraser what sort of help did they need before requesting another generic deck stew.  If they ever would hire a sous chef it could be another way the producers could drum up drama in the kitchen. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

Ben wailing the whole episode that his fellow exhibitionist lover has to leave the boat was overkill.  I loved the shade Ross threw-  He's in a long term relationship of two weeks!  Ben, next time, be a better judge of character.  Don't hook up with the laziest, most argumentative crew member.  

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

AND Sandy should have asked the Rachel and Fraser what sort of help did they need before requesting another generic deck stew. 

Seems like typical, stupid, producer driven drama. All of the BD franchises have become so predictable.

It's time for Bravo to step it up or put a fork in it. In ALL of it. From the repetitive sex/hook ups, the injuries to crew members, the women fighting with each other, the guests drunk and disrespectful. 

Show me more of the beautiful scenery and culture of the places they are fortunate enough to experience. I won't ever get that chance so Bravo needs to get back to "reality". 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Like 3

I have to agree with the posters upthread, the whole crisis with the other boat was producer driven.  It gave Sandy yet another chance to explain how hard it is to be a female captain.  She stated the other male captain had to mansplain why he wanted them to move.  Seemed normal to me regardless if the captain was male or female.  What was the other captain supposed to do? "Um yes please move your boat.  I am sure I need not give you any explanation unless you are a woman".  WTH? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
9 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Show me more of the beautiful scenery and culture of the places they are fortunate enough to experience. I won't ever get that chance so Bravo needs to get back to "reality". 

But what do they really experience? The guests pay a small fortune for stupid/juvenile parties or ugly picnics on some generic beaches. We can sometimes have a glimpse of some of the scenery, when the guest do some water sports but mostly when they are drunk or behave badly. The only experience we really get is the dining one.
And all this for only 2 days. And all this with cameras in their faces.
I really wonder if they do pay for the whole trip or they only give the Tip and production covers the rest.

I really don't know how close to a real yacht charter the BD experience is. 
And of course we  probably do not even want to know what in some cases the real-non-tv guests might actually demand or how they behave. Or real charters are just eventless and guest just spend their time on board to relax.

In any case, Bravo has decided that all we need is cheap sex drama with mostly idiot crew members included.
As I have already wrote, with Rachel possibly gone next season I am out of BD.

SPOILERS FROM "LATER IN THE SEASON" preview

Spoiler

Camille will be back, not on the boat it seems, but she joins Ben when they all go out after a charter. And Captain Lee seems to return, although in the clip I saw he doesn't seem much healthier than when he left...

• Like 3
11 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Ben, next time, be a better judge of character.  Don't hook up with the laziest, most argumentative crew member.  

Character is rarely a prerequisite for a hookup.  Cute-ish and willing is all that's needed.  Still, the crying was pathetic.

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Zaffy said:

But what do they really experience? The guests pay a small fortune for stupid/juvenile parties or ugly picnics on some generic beaches. We can sometimes have a glimpse of some of the scenery, when the guest do some water sports but mostly when they are drunk or behave badly. The only experience we really get is the dining one.
And all this for only 2 days. And all this with cameras in their faces.
I really wonder if they do pay for the whole trip or they only give the Tip and production covers the rest.

SPOILERS FROM "LATER IN THE SEASON" preview

Hide contents

Camille will be back, not on the boat it seems, but she joins Ben when they all go out after a charter. And Captain Lee seems to return, although in the clip I saw he doesn't seem much healthier than when he left...

The guests book the trip to start with & are then asked if they would like to be filmed & have the trip paid for as recompense. No doubt most of them then play up for the cameras.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3