Type keyword(s) to search

Warm Fuzzies And Wackadoodles: All The Good Or Strange News To Share

• Start Topic

Let me get this right. Someone's mother died, possibly fairly recently. They then put some of the ashes into a plastic baggie, proceed to go to a Pink concert, and throw it onto the stage?

What was the intention? Was the mother a Pink fan? What did they think would happen? Pink would hold a funeral?

People are very strange.

• Like 13
  • Mind Blown 6

On June 30,1951 24-year-old William Daniels of Brooklyn, NY married 22-year-old Bonnie Bartlett in her hometown of Moline, Illinois.

Happy 72nd Anniversary to William Daniels and Bonnie Bartlett!

• Like 7
  • Love 14
On 6/27/2023 at 5:03 PM, supposebly said:

Let me get this right. Someone's mother died, possibly fairly recently. They then put some of the ashes into a plastic baggie, proceed to go to a Pink concert, and throw it onto the stage?

What was the intention? Was the mother a Pink fan? What did they think would happen? Pink would hold a funeral?

People are very strange.

I guess after someone bit Norman Reedus at a convention, all bets were off? I dunno.

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

In further weird news:

Of note: Britney is 5'4''. Victor is 7'5''. Even if she grabbed him like he says she did, his security person shouldn't have struck her when shrugging her off was a much more valid option.

Since Miss Spears is two feet shorter than Mr. Wembanyana, how did she reach his back? I guess it must been the extreme lower back or she found an apple box  with its own built-in steps to stand on!

Seriously, that seems to be literally  evident overkill on the part of that security team! What did they think someone  that much shorter could do with a mere tap- topple him like a Jenga stack?! Why not just have verbally told her to knock it off instead of striking her?

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Blergh said:

What did they think someone  that much shorter could do with a mere tap- topple him like a Jenga stack?!

Stab him like that crazy guy did to Monica Seles?   Players have bodyguards for a reason.   They have been threatened and harmed by overzealous "fans" or people mad because his team beat "their" team.   As a celeb herself, Ms. Spears should have known this.   She should have known to not touch him and done something else to get his attention.   Should the bodyguard have SLAPPED her in the face, when a mere getting between her and his protectee would have been enough?  No.   But Ms. Spears is not innocent here either.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1

Officers who responded to the incident reportedly reviewed security camera footage that showed Smith pushing away Spears' hand and that it was her own hand that struck her face, not Smith's.

Wembanyama said. "I didn’t see what happened because I was walking straight and didn’t stop. That person grabbed me from behind — not on my shoulder, she grabbed me from behind. 

Incident involving Britney Spears, NBA's Victor Wembanyama prompts battery probe

From reading the article it doesn't put Britney or her husband in the best light. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

The only reason she's getting an investigation is because she's Britney.   

Even if it was the security guard and not her own arm that made contact (and it looks like it was her arm), any contact with her face appears incendetal. He raises his arm to go behind the player's back and knock away her arm.

And who is screaming "and that's America for you..fuck you all?"

• Like 6

I said this to a friend, Britney is a celeb, she's probably had a crazed fan or two.   She should know you don't breach the bodyguard perimeter.    

Looking at the video it looks she hits herself in the face, looks a little bewildered then keeps going.   So yeah, a whole lotta nothing to get attention.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The only reason she's getting an investigation is because she's Britney.   

Even if it was the security guard and not her own arm that made contact (and it looks like it was her arm), any contact with her face appears incendetal. He raises his arm to go behind the player's back and knock away her arm.

I agree. Britney’s statement paints a completely different picture than what happened. He’s walking in front of her and reaches out to block what he thinks is a random person going to touch the celebrity he is paid to protect. If his attempt to clear a potential issue happened to hit her face it was just a byproduct of their heights, Britney being way too close and how she approached him. 

That she tried to make it a criminal issue reflects really poorly on her, in my opinion. The police have said that the video showed the bodyguards movement caused Britney to hit herself. 

8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

According to Page Six it was Britney using a British accent. 🤷‍♀️

Edited to add: Britney has responded to the video and it was her screaming. She says it was better than “hitting him back”. 

There is something radically wrong with Britney. Not just for approaching the space of another celebrity trying to tap him, but what's with the stupid British accent?!  No wonder the bodyguard didn't immediately recognize her!  He did exactly what he's supposed to do (and paid to do). She, of all people, should have known better.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

There is something radically wrong with Britney. Not just for approaching the space of another celebrity trying to tap him, but what's with the stupid British accent?!  No wonder the bodyguard didn't immediately recognize her!  He did exactly what he's supposed to do (and paid to do). She, of all people, should have known better.

A lifetime of being abused and exploited will do that to a person. She's not right in the head, I get that. But she's been so mistreated by everyone around her that it's probably made her quite resistant to getting any sort of help.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
16 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

9 hours ago, Dani said:

Edited to add: Britney has responded to the video and it was her screaming. She says it was better than “hitting him back”. 

Queen Latifah Wow GIF by Bounce

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Police: Spears struck self in Wembanyama interaction; no charges

The police report has been released and Britney’s own security had a very different take on what happened than she does. 

However, a member of Spears' security team described the physical interaction as the pop star having her hand pushed off Wembanyama, describing the move as a standard response by security.

7 hours ago, Anduin said:

A lifetime of being abused and exploited will do that to a person. She's not right in the head, I get that. But she's been so mistreated by everyone around her that it's probably made her quite resistant to getting any sort of help.

This is my dilemma with Britney. What was done to her was so wrong and it makes sense that she is extremely resistant to anyone pushing her to get help. I feel for her but since getting her voice back she uses it to deliberately weaponize her fan base. 

Her statements on the issue have been so dramatic and inflammatory. Describing it as a traumatic event where she was backhanded and almost knocked to the ground and saying she stands with all victims of abuse. Demanding an apology from Victor and trying to paint the security guy as out of control. Despite the fact that part of her team told the police the security guy came up to her and apologized after it happened. Apparently they left it on good terms and then she turns around and files a police report. 

It really is sad, but I think she really is so broken that there is no way she can fix herself, and if she is incapable of getting help, it really is a tragedy but she also is starting to feel like a ticking time bomb and things are only going to get worse for her and anyone around her.

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

Dennis Rodman gets giant tattoo of current girlfriend on his face

The NBA legend hit up 'Black Ink Crew's Van Johnson on Thursday, getting tattooed at the artist's home. Dennis shared video of the new tattoo on social media.

As for anyone who thinks the ink is fake, Johnson tells TMZ Sports it's "really real," saying the job took a little over an hour to finish.

This is not even the wackiest thing he's ever done. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5

Lady Gaga Won’t Have to Pay $500K Reward to Woman Who Conspired to Steal Her Dogs

A suit brought against Lady Gaga in relation to the 2021 theft of her two purebred French bulldogs, Koji and Gustav, has been thrown out before reaching trial, according to TMZ. Jennifer McBride will not be awarded the $500,000 reward she was seeking for returning the dogs…which she helped steal in the first place. Funny how that works out.

• Like 15
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

Wow, the gall of the woman to sue Lady Gaga for a theft she took part in.

It takes a special kind of nerve that's for sure!  It's like someone who has killed his parents pleading for mercy because he's an orphan!

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

Wow, the gall of the woman to sue Lady Gaga for a theft she took part in.

I called this whole sequence of events the moment Lady Gaga announced the huge "no questions asked" reward:  I knew it was going to be successful in getting her dogs back, as an accessory would return the dogs, but I also knew said accessory would then sue for not getting the reward (a suit which would eventually be dismissed).

• Like 8
19 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I knew it was going to be successful in getting her dogs back, as an accessory would return the dogs, but I also knew said accessory would then sue for not getting the reward (a suit which would eventually be dismissed).

You have more faith in humanity (and the law) than I do because I wasn't sure it would be dismissed. I am very relieved and glad it was though. 

• Like 6
8 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

You have more faith in humanity (and the law) than I do because I wasn't sure it would be dismissed. I am very relieved and glad it was though. 

I'm surprised the lawsuit got as far as it did. Isn't it against the law to profit from your own crime? Usually its for book or movie deals but this should count too.

• Like 6
19 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm surprised the lawsuit got as far as it did. Isn't it against the law to profit from your own crime?

That’s why it was thrown out. 

'Barbie' makes a billion and breaks another record for female filmmakers

Greta Gerwig should be feeling closer to fine these days. In just three weeks in theatres, "Barbie" is set to sail past US$1 billion in global ticket sales, breaking a record for female directors that was previously held by Patty Jenkins, who helmed "Wonder Woman."

"Barbie," which Gerwig directed and co-wrote, added another $53 million from 4,178 North American locations this weekend according to studio estimates on Sunday. The Margot Robbie-led and produced film has been comfortably seated in first place for three weeks and it's hardly finished yet. Warner Bros. said the film will cross $1 billion before the end of the day.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 6

In the latest update on what's probably the wackiest of wacky PR stunts: Elon Musk wants "charity" rumble with Mark Zuckerberg live-streamed on Twitter X; Zuckerberg suggests date but "not holding his breath." Lord what fools these mortals be.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/digital/elon-musk-mark-zuckerberg-cage-match-live-stream-date-1235557475/

https://deadline.com/2023/08/mark-zuckerberg-takes-jabs-elon-musk-ready-today-to-fight-prediction-who-will-win-1235456169/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/musk-wants-to-livestream-his-cage-fight-with-zuckerberg-on-x

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Fire 3
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

In the latest update on what's probably the wackiest of wacky PR stunts: Elon Musk wants "charity" rumble with Mark Zuckerberg live-streamed on Twitter X; Zuckerberg suggests date but "not holding his breath." Lord what fools these mortals be.

What's the point? Yeah, they're talking about raising money for charity, but there are easier ways than punching each other in the face. It won't prove that one's social media platform is objectively better than the other's, won't make their dicks grow any bigger. Even as someone who likes watching fighting, I'm not into freakshows or train wrecks. They both come off as petty and stupid.

• Like 6
  • Applause 7
2 hours ago, Anduin said:

What's the point? Yeah, they're talking about raising money for charity, but there are easier ways than punching each other in the face. It won't prove that one's social media platform is objectively better than the other's, won't make their dicks grow any bigger. Even as someone who likes watching fighting, I'm not into freakshows or train wrecks. They both come off as petty and stupid.

Yeah, but em being a punching bag seems like a really nice thought. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/digital/elon-musk-mark-zuckerberg-cage-match-live-stream-date-1235557475/

https://deadline.com/2023/08/mark-zuckerberg-takes-jabs-elon-musk-ready-today-to-fight-prediction-who-will-win-1235456169/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/musk-wants-to-livestream-his-cage-fight-with-zuckerberg-on-x

Let them fight. I wish all of those macho types would just go somewhere away and beat each other (with appropriate safety for the environment if they want to use any weapons) and leave the rest of the world alone (and I mean it for everyone from domestic abusers to bloodthirsty politicians).

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
21 hours ago, Anduin said:

Someone on twitter (I refuse to change the name) said something along the lines of "How about instead of fighting for charity you both act like mature adults and run your companies properly."   So you aren't the only one who feels this way.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

Let them fight. I wish all of those macho types would just go somewhere away and beat each other (with appropriate safety for the environment if they want to use any weapons) and leave the rest of the world alone (and I mean it for everyone from domestic abusers to bloodthirsty politicians).

I say let them do a no-holds-barred cage match.  No need for appropriate safety for these two dicks.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

Let's call the whole thing off. 

Stating “I think we can all agree Elon isn’t serious" and “it's time to move on", Mark Zuckerberg declares the "charity cage match" against Elon Musk is no more.

https://deadline.com/2023/08/mark-zuckerberg-throwing-in-towel-on-elon-musk-cage-match-1235497671/

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/14/tech/zuckerberg-musk-cage-fight-move-on-hnk-intl/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/14/tech/zuckerberg-musk-cage-fight-move-on-hnk-intl/index.html

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
29 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Let's call the whole thing off. 

Stating “I think we can all agree Elon isn’t serious" and it's time to move on", Mark Zuckerberg declares the "charity cage match" against Elon Musk is no more.

https://deadline.com/2023/08/mark-zuckerberg-throwing-in-towel-on-elon-musk-cage-match-1235497671/

Shocker!

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
7 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Stating “I think we can all agree Elon isn’t serious" and “it's time to move on", Mark Zuckerberg declares the "charity cage match" against Elon Musk is no more.

Oh, gee, darn, whatever am I going to do with my time now? Oh, right, same thing I would have done if it had happened, not watch it. lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 12