Type keyword(s) to search

Warm Fuzzies And Wackadoodles: All The Good Or Strange News To Share

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Yeah, but part of me is glad that he isn’t around for certain people to attack him or twist his lessons out of proportion.

That is true. I don't think this world allows for a Mr. Rogers type any longer. Someone would try to destroy him for some reason, probably attention since it seems like most everything that anyone does anymore is for attention, to get followers or likes. 

Now give me a thumbs up or I will end you! (totally kidding. I really don't care. While I get a little boost in seeing that someone liked my comment, I get a much bigger boost from eating a Cadbury Egg so I guess what I'm saying is, give me a Cadbury Egg or I will end you! (still kidding, I'm too lazy to end anyone.))

• Like 7
  • LOL 10
6 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Yeah, but part of me is glad that he isn’t around for certain people to attack him or twist his lessons out of proportion.

Sadly, a morning program on a popular station already attacked him back in 2007.  It would probably be even worse today 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 12
  • Angry 4

Happy 97th Birthday and Easter Sunday to William Daniels!

I looked it up and it seems that there won't be another Easter Sunday falling March 31st until 2086 (and I'm not sure either Mr. Daniels nor myself will be around for it)!

He's had a spectacular body of work from having done live radio shows in the 1930's to voicing KITT as recently as 2020!

I hope he and his caregiving spouse of 72 years Bonnie Bartlett along with the rest of their loved ones are having a fun celebration today!

• Like 20
(edited)

Dick Van Dyke Earns Historic Daytime Emmy Nomination at 98

( I think this is the right place for this story!)

Dick Van Dyke has made history with his 2024 Daytime Emmy Award nomination!

On Friday, April 19, the 98-year-old actor became the oldest person to earn a Daytime Emmy nomination with his nod for guest performer in a daytime drama series after starring as Timothy Robicheaux on Days of Our Lives.

Edited by Mona Lisa

This is sad and strange maybe...I'm glad his time on Breaking Bad reignited his career. 

The first thing I ever saw him in was Homicide: Life on the Street.  Looking at IMDB it says he was only in 22 episodes near the end of the show's run. Thinking back it's always seemed like his character started on the show long before that since he played a main character's son.

Before 'Breaking Bad,' Giancarlo Esposito considered arranging his own murder for insurance money

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 4
5 hours ago, Jaded said:

This is sad and strange maybe...I'm glad his time on Breaking Bad reignited his career. 

The first thing I ever saw him in was Homicide: Life on the Street.  Looking at IMDB it says he was only in 22 episodes near the end of the show's run. Thinking back it's always seemed like his character started on the show long before that since he played a main character's son.

Before 'Breaking Bad,' Giancarlo Esposito considered arranging his own murder for insurance money

I heard him in an interview or maybe as a podcast guest a while back, where he explained that his last name is correctly pronounced es-POS-ito.  Never heard it said that way anywhere else.  He's a great actor and fascinating person, and I don't want to dismiss someone's thoughts of possible self-harm, but part of me wonders if he's, how do you say, "messing with us"?