Type keyword(s) to search

Warm Fuzzies And Wackadoodles: All The Good Or Strange News To Share

• Start Topic

Have some entertainment-related great news to share?  Or maybe just something....odd?  Here is where it goes!

Please remember that discussions topics need to be about the entertainment industry or those who work in it.  News about celebrity relatives (if the relatives themselves are not celebrities) is not allowed. 

Please do not discuss athletes or Royals, as they have their own threads in different forums.

As with other threads in threads in this forum, all Primetimer guidelines apply here.  You may familiarize yourself with those guidelines here.

Any questions can be directed to the forum moderators:

@AgentRXS @aquarian1 @OtterMommy

Inauguration thread post. 

Taylor Swift's cat is worth more money than you.

In a new report by All About Cats, the 33-year-old music sensation’s cat “Olivia Benson” is ranked as the world’s third richest cat.

She’s worth a reported $97 MILLION....

“Olivia has found success outside of the world of Instagram influencing,” the report reads. “The Scottish fold earned her fortune starring alongside her owner in several music videos, has crafted her own merchandise line, and has had cameos in many big-budget ads.” Some of those commercials were for significant companies such as Diet Coke, AT&T and DirectTV.

Fans may also recognize Olivia from appearing in various Swift music videos for hit songs like “Me!” and “Blank Space.”

• Mind Blown 6
  • LOL 1

Ben Affleck worked the Dunkin' Donuts drive thru for a day, filming a commercial.  Reports from people who saw him there say that he appeared to be having a great time.  Based on the pictures I've seen, his smile seems genuine.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I played Eeny, meeny, miny, moe when trying to decide which thread to post this in.

I'd say this puts it firmly in the "Hell, yeah!" category:

Is there a common thread that ties her roles together? “It’s rage,” she says. “I was so angry at the shit that goes down – the white male privilege crap.” Disgust laces each word. “Somebody sent me an interview that I did 35 years ago. Everything I said in that, about equal pay, protecting women’s rights and health, I am still saying today, so one can get discouraged.”

and

But speaking up earned her a reputation for being difficult. Is there any truth to it? “Being decisive, knowing what I want, is too much of a male characteristic, so therefore I must be difficult,” she says. “Listen, if you talk to anyone who’s actually worked with me, you’ll never hear that.”

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

Thanks for expanding on the content of her interview @Bastet. I haven't been feeling well so didn't think out my reasoning for sharing it as well as I normally would. I love the sections you decided to quote. She's always seemed like a badass to me in a good way in that she's always spoken up for women and didn't change even after being labeled as "difficult".

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Not sure if this is the eight place for this but a video of Anne Hathaway getting her groove on at a Valentino party is making the rounds:

It took long enough for all the people that crapped on her back in 2012 to come to their senses and realize she never did anything to deserve it.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 13
3 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

It took long enough for all the people that crapped on her back in 2012 to come to their senses and realize she never did anything to deserve it.

I never understood all the hate she got. I've always loved Anne Hathaway. She just seems cool and fun to me. 

• Like 18
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

I never understood all the hate she got. I've always loved Anne Hathaway. She just seems cool and fun to me. 

I agree.   It was like someone decided she would be a celeb to hate on and then everyone did.  I have found her to be very down to earth and charming in interviews.

• Like 14

I always liked Hathaway too. I will confess to having been a bit baffled by all the Oscar buzz about her in Les Mis. I had friends who hyped her part like it was the greatest thing they'd ever watched, and when I finally watched it, I was like "Is that it?" That being said, I never blamed Hathaway or thought it was an excuse for the internet to be so shitty to her. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Not sure if this is the eight place for this but a video of Anne Hathaway getting her groove on at a Valentino party is making the rounds:

It’s that constant cycle the happens with female celebrities when the very traits that make them seem refreshingly genuine and fun gets them labeled as a disingenuous try hard. 

Anne Hathaway’s love-hate-redemption publicity cycle is a familiar (and sexist) one

I wonder how long it will be before they turn on Zendaya. It seems frustratingly inevitable. 

2 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I agree.   It was like someone decided she would be a celeb to hate on and then everyone did.  I have found her to be very down to earth and charming in interviews.

I agree. I love her. 

I’ m posting this here, for lack of a better option.  I’m not saying it’s whacky, nor am I disappointed.  I am concerned for Jay’s judgment.  The burn injuries, now broken bones…..I know he justifies both, but….idk.  He may need some intervention before he ends up in really bad shape or worse.  He vows he’ll keep riding his motorcycle.  The joke doesn’t bother me.  Jay seems to have more problems than poor judgment in jokes.  

https://people.com/tv/jay-leno-joke-about-his-motorcycle-crash-jeremy-renner-twitter/

I also read that his car show was cancelled.  

• Mind Blown 1
38 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I am concerned for Jay’s judgment.

I don't think his judgement has much to do with this accident. Someone strung a wire across a lot and didn't put any flags on it.  Anyone turning into that lot would have had an accident.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ m posting this here, for lack of a better option.  I’m not saying it’s whacky, nor am I disappointed.  I am concerned for Jay’s judgment.  The burn injuries, now broken bones…..I know he justifies both, but….idk.  He may need some intervention before he ends up in really bad shape or worse.  He vows he’ll keep riding his motorcycle.  The joke doesn’t bother me.  Jay seems to have more problems than poor judgment in jokes.  

https://people.com/tv/jay-leno-joke-about-his-motorcycle-crash-jeremy-renner-twitter/

I also read that his car show was cancelled.  

I, generally, find motorcycles scary but neither accident happened due to his poor judgement while riding a motorcycle. The burns happened when he was working on a very rare steam car. I don’t know enough to say if that was a freak accident or poor judgement on his part. The motorcycle accident happened because he was trying to be cautious and stop when he became concerned it might not be safe to continue riding. 

It seems that’s the way Jay reported the motorcycle accident happened.  I guess I’m skeptical.  I’ll see if it’s been confirmed.  

On the burn incident….Jay had done a video talking about how the potential for explosion was so great that you had to work on that auto outside(I’ve seen it. Trying to find link)…this was before he got burned.  So, to me that is poor judgment.  It was reported the fire occurred in a garage, not outside.  

https://pagesix.com/2022/12/13/jay-lenos-face-caught-on-fire-during-car-garage-explosion/

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It seems that’s the way Jay reported the motorcycle accident happened.  I guess I’m skeptical.  I’ll see if it’s been confirmed.  

On the burn incident….Jay had done a video talking about how the potential for explosion was so great that you had to work on that auto outside(I’ve seen it. Trying to find link)…this was before he got burned.  So, to me that is poor judgment.  It was reported the fire occurred in a garage, not outside.  

https://pagesix.com/2022/12/13/jay-lenos-face-caught-on-fire-during-car-garage-explosion/

I guess I just don’t see why he would bother to lie or, if he was going to lie, why he wouldn’t come up with a better lie. He doesn’t seem to care what people think and he is the one who released the story. I’m inclined to believe what he said. 

I’m not saying he is displaying good judgement. I just don’t think these two incidents are evidence of anything other than him having a dangerous hobby. Otherwise, they are pretty unrelated much unrelated. Completely different circumstances, locations and vehicle types. 

52 minutes ago, Dani said:

I guess I just don’t see why he would bother to lie or, if he was going to lie, why he wouldn’t come up with a better lie. He doesn’t seem to care what people think and he is the one who released the story. I’m inclined to believe what he said. 

I’m not saying he is displaying good judgement. I just don’t think these two incidents are evidence of anything other than him having a dangerous hobby. Otherwise, they are pretty unrelated much unrelated. Completely different circumstances, locations and vehicle types. 

It could be that he has a couple of dangerous hobbies, but with advancing age and multiple serious accidents, poor judgment comes to mind. I suspect I may be more sensitive to that as an adult child who helps care for senior parents.  Their aging peers also seem to be having problems with things that arouse caution and concern.  Repeated injuries are often red flags.  Jay is only 72…… seniors are not always reliable reporters of fact.  Jay didn’t want to go to the hospital after his burn injury…..that is also concerning.  Though he claims it was to spare his wife.   I hope he’s ok and perhaps he’s fine.  Harrison Ford is still piloting after multiple accidents…..hmmmm….

https://www.wideopencountry.com/rare-harrison-ford-airplane/#:~:text=Harrison Ford was injured in,land at the golf course.

• Like 3

Ehh, its not poor judgment as much as dangerous hobbies.   Now at his age is riding motorycles more dangerous?   Possibly.   Just like driving a car, your reaction times slow.  You also break easier so you have to be more careful.   But if he were slowing down when the motorcyle accident happened, that's the nature of motorcycles.   They are designed to balance on two wheels at speed.   If you are not at speed, they are harder to balance.   If the road is uneven where you are slowing, they are even harder to balance.    

Hubby rides motorcycles.   He broke his leg in 2019 when he was parking the bike.   Off camber.   Bike tipped over on him, his leg got entangled somehow so he couldn't pull it free.   Busted in 4 places.   He has a rod with a serial number in it now, which means the body can be identified (DAMMIT).   He also did not want me to call an ambulance.   He said "They will charge us."   I looked at  him and said "And how are you going to get to the hospital then?   This is why we have insurance."   So shock will make you say stupid stuff you might not ordinarily say.   

So Jay might not have poor judgment.   It might just be these two accidents that happened close together.   

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

So Jay might not have poor judgment.   It might just be these two accidents that happened close together.   

Or  they aren't accidents and someone is trying to kill him. 

You Got It Ok GIF

• Wink 4
  • LOL 8
8 hours ago, Zella said:

It's clearly Letterman or Conan. 

episode 8 GIF

12 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Hubby rides motorcycles.   He broke his leg in 2019 when he was parking the bike.   Off camber.   Bike tipped over on him, his leg got entangled somehow so he couldn't pull it free.   Busted in 4 places.   He has a rod with a serial number in it now, which means the body can be identified (DAMMIT).   He also did not want me to call an ambulance.   He said "They will charge us."   I looked at  him and said "And how are you going to get to the hospital then?   This is why we have insurance."   So shock will make you say stupid stuff you might not ordinarily say.   

I know someone who broke his leg the same way, rode home and was driven to the hospital. There are so many people in my family with those kinds of hobbies and that mindset I don’t find anything that happened to Leno unusual. I’m just glad the ones I know don’t have the money or time to indulge their hobbies in the way Leno does. 

10 minutes ago, Dani said:

I know I shouldn’t be surprised that the person stupid enough to fall for the reward is also stupid enough to sue but somehow I still am. 

That was how I felt when I first saw the headline for the article I posted.

• Like 5
16 hours ago, Dani said:

I know I shouldn’t be surprised that the person stupid enough to fall for the reward is also stupid enough to sue but somehow I still am. 

I'm not; as soon as I saw Lady Gaga's "no questions asked" offer back when the dogs were first missing, I knew exactly how this was going to play out -- an accomplice was going to turn in the dogs, get caught, and then turn around and sue for the reward. 

• Sad 6
5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Sure, this idiot can have the $500,000.   Then Lady Gaga and Ryan Fischer can sue her for $10 million for pain and suffering and intentional infliction of emotional distress.   They will settle for $500,000.   

Nope. She doesn’t even deserve to just break even. Lady Gaga countersues, Ryan Fischer sues and we all get to watch a judge react to her stupidity. 

This dipshit is still on probation for her involvement. 

7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

It's not like he skipped the flight or demoted himself from first class to coach, he just swapped seats.  Passengers do that all the time (if for no other reason than you don't want the person next to you constantly shouting to their companion), especially when it's a parent and little kid.  So it's nice, but a headline?  Then again, with people losing their damn minds on airplanes these days, never mind -- we need all the reminders not everyone has lost all shreds of kindness we can get.

• Like 17
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

So it's nice, but a headline?  Then again, with people losing their damn minds on airplanes these days, never mind -- we need all the reminders not everyone has lost all shreds of kindness we can get.

It is pretty sad when a simple act of human decency makes headlines because it has become a rarity. Even rarer is the media telling a story of someone doing something nice. Usually they love to only publish horrible acts so it seems like humanity is completely doomed. So more headlines about people letting others cut in line when they only have one item at the checkout, and swapping seats so families can sit together, helping little old ladies across the street, come on media, bring it!

• Like 5

I know very little about Dave Grohl, but it seems like every time I come across a story about him, it's something positive like that.  I just did a quick internet search on him, and found numerous articles referring to him as the nicest guy in rock -- which he humbly denied, saying he knows plenty of musicians who are even more kind and generous. 

Here's one:

18 Reasons Why Dave Grohl is the Nicest Guy In Rock

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11

New bacteria so deadly to fungi it's named after Keanu Reeves.

The newly discovered natural product group of keanumycins in bacteria works effectively against the plant pest Botrytis cinerea, which triggers gray mold rot and causes immense harvest losses every year. But the active ingredient also inhibits fungi that are dangerous to humans, such as Candida albicans. According to previous studies, it is harmless to plant and human cells....

Together with colleagues at the Bio Pilot Plant of the Leibniz-HKI, the researchers succeeded in isolating one of the keanumycins and conducting further tests. "The lipopeptides kill so efficiently that we named them after Keanu Reeves because he, too, is extremely deadly in his roles," Götze explains with a wink.

He's cool with it. In his own, Keanu Reeves way. 

When asked about these “keanumycins” in an “Ask Me Anything” thread on Reddit, which Reeves used to promote his latest entry in the “John Wick” film franchise, the soft-spoken movie star shared nothing but praise — and a cheeky suggestion of his own.

“They should’ve called it John Wick…but that’s pretty cool…and surreal for me,” said Reeves wrote in the thread. “But thanks, scientist people! Good luck, and thank you for helping us.”

• Like 10
On 3/26/2023 at 8:33 PM, janie jones said:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mychalthompson/nathan-lane-robin-williams-lgbtq-support

Nathan Lane was out in his personal life when The Birdcage came out, but wasn't ready to be out to the world, which Robin Williams knew. The Buzzfeed article includes a link to their appearance on Oprah's show at the time, when Williams "protected" him from coming out before he was prepared to by distracting everyone for a minute while Lane gathered his thoughts to answer one of Oprah's questions. What I think is really sweet (and what I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't seen the clip without first reading Lane's explanation) is that while he's cracking jokes, Robin Williams looks over at Nathan Lane two or three times, until Lane gives him a very tiny nod. Williams gives another tiny nod back and then stops joking so Lane can answer the question. So kind, and so adept.

Oh Robin, how I miss you. 😭😭😭😭

• Like 14
  • Love 3

To see this man not only alive, but walking and talking, is enough of a miracle that I'm putting this here in the Good New thread.

Jeremy Renner interview with Diane Sawyer coming soon.  The ad alone is shocking:

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Like 17
2 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

To see this man not only alive, but walking and talking, is enough of a miracle that I'm putting this here in the Good New thread.

Wow.  I'm not familiar with him, so I hadn't paid any attention beyond the headlines -- hearing the extent of his injuries, it is indeed impressive the medical team has been able to do so much for him.  I hadn't heard the part about his nephew, either.  I'll have to watch the interview to fill myself in on all this.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2