Type keyword(s) to search

Milestone Moments: All The Celebrity Vitals

• Start Topic

I wasn’t that familiar with Lightfoot’s history, but just read that he had some substantial health issues years ago, but continued to work.  And, that his band stayed with him for 45 years!  I really liked this song.  It’s not really meant for kids, but I recall being outside with friends, hearing this song on the radio and knowing every word!   It’s supposedly written about Cathy Smith, who later was famous due to connection with John Belushi. 😳

• Like 9
(edited)
10 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

A milestone of a different sort; Aerosmith announces farewell tour.

I’d really like to attend.  The tickets go on sale this Friday for my city.  Im trying to decide if I will invest the money.  Good seats will probably be pretty hefty.  ………….update.  I can’t get the ticket master prices yet, but other ticket sites indicate the seats will start at $296.  Lol. I found one ticket broker listing row 5 for $5666. EACH Lol. 🤣 I’ve paid a lot for tickets to see Robert Plant, but come on?  The Black Crowes will also appear!  I might consider a cheap seat at this event. Idk.  I’ve seen them once, but not Aerosmith.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
On 5/4/2023 at 7:25 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I’d really like to attend.  The tickets go on sale this Friday for my city.  Im trying to decide if I will invest the money.  Good seats will probably be pretty hefty.  ………….update.  I can’t get the ticket master prices yet, but other ticket sites indicate the seats will start at $296.  Lol. I found one ticket broker listing row 5 for $5666. EACH Lol. 🤣 I’ve paid a lot for tickets to see Robert Plant, but come on?  The Black Crowes will also appear!  I might consider a cheap seat at this event. Idk.  I’ve seen them once, but not Aerosmith.   

I saw Aerosmith in 1975 at Cleveland Municipal Stadium.  Toys in the Attic had just been released.  They were the opening act for the World Series of Rock, a stadium concert series featuring the top acts at the time.  There were about half a dozen other acts, Rod Stewart was the headliner.  I remember virtually nothing about their part of the proceedings.

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I saw Aerosmith in 1975 at Cleveland Municipal Stadium.  Toys in the Attic had just been released.  They were the opening act for the World Series of Rock, a stadium concert series featuring the top acts at the time.  There were about half a dozen other acts, Rod Stewart was the headliner.  I remember virtually nothing about their part of the proceedings.

My friend went online and was able to get a ticket.  She got a VIP ticket, but not the VIP Meet and Greet.  So, she’ll get in early and get some free food, no photo with Steven and Joe. Lol. She’s close to the stage though, not in the pit. Pit was sold out.  She only paid $600.!  

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
4 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Mr. Minnow sure called it right back then but I'm sure he couldn't have imagined how much television programming would regress by this point. Too bad he got blown off.

On a lighter note, evidently Sherwood Schwartz got inspired to christen the boat that would strand the castaways on Gilligan's Island the man's surname!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

First-time moms less than half his age get shamed for having "geriatric" pregnancies. 

Don't worry! I'll be happy to shame Mr. DeNiro for this one!

A kid at 79?! What was he (and the child's as-yet-anonymous mother) THINKING?!

His career hasn't been in the stratosphere for a while and I hope whoever this child's mother is has worked out some kind of trust fund to ensure this child gets supported at least to adulthood even though the odds are somewhat stacked against Mr. DeNiro to even get to see the child's kindergarten graduation ceremony!

Well, what's done is done and I just hope all three somehow are healthy and happy even though the DNA donors don't seem to have thought this through beyond getting into record book. 

OK, boo me! But someone had to say the above!

• Like 9
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

First-time moms less than half his age get shamed for having "geriatric" pregnancies. 

In this case, it's because the father is not likely to be involved in the kid's life the same way a younger parent would be!  It's one thing to be a grandparent at 79, but a parent of a new baby?  Hope she gets good child support from DeNiro's estate.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Soap actress Jackie Zeman, known for her role as Luke’s sister, Bobbie Spencer, on General Hospital has died at 70. Damn. I haven’t watched in about 15 years but old-school GH was my ish and Jackie was a hell of an actress in her day. So sad. I loved Bobbie Spencer. RIP Jackie and thanks for bringing her to life for all these years. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 19

Dolph Lundgren has been battling cancer for the last 8 years.

“[The doctor] kind of started talking about all these different tumors, like, in the lung and the stomach and the spine, outside the kidneys. He started saying these things like, ‘You should probably take a break and spend more time with your family,’ and so forth.”

Lundgren continued, “I asked him, ‘How long do you think I’ve got left?’ I think he said two or three years, but I could tell in his voice that he probably thought it was less.”...

“Then I did scans every six months, then you do it every year and it was fine, you know, for five years,” Lundgren said. “In 2020, I was back in Sweden and had some kind of acid reflux or… I didn’t know what it was. So I did an MRI and they found there were a few more tumors around the area.”

Six more tumors were discovered by doctors, leading to Lundgren beginning systemic therapy and treatment that mirrored how lung cancer is handled...

“2022 was basically watching these medications do their thing,” Lundgren summed up. “Finally things had shrunk to about 90 percent. Now I’m in the process of taking out the remaining scar tissue in those tumors…The prognosis is that, hopefully, when they take these out, there’s no cancer activity and the medication that I’m taking is going to suppress everything else.”

Also he's 65 and engaged to a 25 year old. Remember when he was dating Grace Jones?

• Like 1
  • Sad 10
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

Soap actress Jackie Zeman, known for her role as Luke’s sister, Bobbie Spencer, on General Hospital has died at 70. Damn. I haven’t watched in about 15 years but old-school GH was my ish and Jackie was a hell of an actress in her day. So sad. I loved Bobbie Spencer. RIP Jackie and thanks for bringing her to life for all these years. 

WHAT! I never watched GH but during the prime years of soaps, there was a general knowledge of characters and the actors who played them. Therefore, I was aware of Bobbie Spencer and knew she was played by Jackie Zeman. Another huge loss for the soap opera world. R.I.P. Ms. Zeman.

• Sad 3
(edited)

Damn the Jackie Zeman news hit hard.   I saw GH trending on Twitter for a couple of days and I was all "WHY???"   So I clicked.   Saw why.   Started crying.  I was a die hard GH fan during the 70s and early 80s.   Jackie Zeman OWNED that role.  She was also apparently a genuinely wonderful person.   70 is far too damn young for a light like that to go out.

Edited by merylinkid
  • Like 5
  • Sad 5

Someone linked to the "not Barbara Jean's heart'  scenes on Twitter, and I cried too. I was either too young or just not interested to have watched it back then,  although GH was my mom and grandma's jam. So sad, especially since someone else posted a picture of Zeman and Sonya Eddy, who died back in December, together behind the scenes.

• Sad 4
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, I really do pray Jamie has a full recovery, but now the question is what’s going on.  People who have heart transplants don’t stay in the hospital as long as he has been hospitalized.  It’s a real mystery.  Do his friends even know what happened to him?  

https://people.com/movies/jamie-foxxs-friends-ask-fans-to-pray-for-actor-as-he-remains-in-hospital/

I've read that he may have had a stroke. So he may not be in the same hospital he started off in. He could be in a continuing care one that also has rehab or if he is in the same hospital it may have an in-house version of that. I know one hospital where I am decided to make room for the continuing care one that they referred people all the time which was across the street.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

So Jamie Foxx's daughter just reported that her dad has been out of the hospital for weeks, played pickleball yesterday, and is recuperating.  She blamed the media for going wild on the story.  Well, Jamie's daughter -- people are concerned because of no news, making it seem like he was still hospitalized -- it would have quieted everyone's concerns if a small update had been provided.  Jamie is a public figure and very beloved by many so the interest and worries during the silence are understandable.

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
59 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

So Jamie Foxx's daughter just reported that her dad has been out of the hospital for weeks, played pickleball yesterday, and is recuperating.  She blamed the media for going wild on the story.  Well, Jamie's daughter -- people are concerned because of no news, making it seem like he was still hospitalized -- it would have quieted everyone's concerns if a small update had been provided.  Jamie is a public figure and very beloved by many so the interest and worries during the silence are understandable.

Hmm….so, I guess his friends who were asking for more prayers weren’t aware of the situation.  Weird.

• Like 7
(edited)
16 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Hmm….so, I guess his friends who were asking for more prayers weren’t aware of the situation.  Weird.

Either that or his friends were in on acting like he was still in the hospital so the paps wouldn't be watching his home while he was recovering. Maybe since he's doing so much better and speculation hasn't really settled he and his people decided it was time to finally give an update.

In the comments so far in response to this TVLine article someone is wondering if anything really happened at all. If he was treated quickly enough and it wasn't a major one there's a chance it really could have been a stroke.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, MerBearHou said:

Well, Jamie's daughter -- people are concerned because of no news, making it seem like he was still hospitalized -- it would have quieted everyone's concerns if a small update had been provided.  Jamie is a public figure and very beloved by many so the interest and worries during the silence are understandable.

They did do an update about a week ago, though.  It was from Jamie himself and it sounded very positive. 

It sounds like whatever happened... "the small medical complication" the family wouldn't have even made it public in the first place if it hadn't happened on a film set. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

I mean, I’m glad he’s okay and I respect his privacy…but couldn’t the6 have jus5 said this weeks ago?

It seems really weird to me.  I’m done hearing about Jamie at this point.   

• Like 10

I'm so sad about Jackie Zeman. Bobbie was one of my favorite characters when I watched GH. She was such a really great character. I still remember her sitting with Elizabeth when they thought Lucky was dead. I was never a Luke fan but I liked his and Bobbie's relationship. RIP Bobbie. 

• Like 7
6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm so sad about Jackie Zeman. Bobbie was one of my favorite characters when I watched GH. She was such a really great character. I still remember her sitting with Elizabeth when they thought Lucky was dead. I was never a Luke fan but I liked his and Bobbie's relationship. RIP Bobbie. 

I watched GH from back in the early days when student nurse Bobbie Spencer was constantly plotting to steal clueless law student Scottie Baldwin from his OTL, sweet Laura Webber.  She was a classic soap villainess, the kind you love to hate.  Of course, her brother, Luke, came to town a couple years later and the whole show was turned on its head forever.

The 80's had some incredible storylines for Bobbie, too.  She delivered baby BJ who was named after her; only to later become BJ's stepmom when she married Dr. Tony Jones after the death of BJ's mom, Tania.  Bobbie and Tony had some incredible scenes together during the famous 'BJ's heart' storyline which was soap opera plotting and performance at the very highest levels.

After all that, Bobbie's teenage daughter, Carly, who she surrendered for adoption back when she was just 16, sneaked into Port Charles and stole Bobbie's husband away in another classic plotline  Alas, Carly eventually married Sonny Corinthos and ate the show.

Anyway, Jackie Zeman played a pivotal role in many of the most memorable stories on General Hospital and her character was responsible for the introduction of several other major characters onto the show including Luke Spencer and Carly Corinthos.

RIP, Jackie.

• Like 11
On 5/9/2023 at 7:02 PM, Blergh said:

A kid at 79?! What was he (and the child's as-yet-anonymous mother) THINKING

I wonder if I’m the only one who heard this news & pinged back to When Harry Met Sally…

Sally [crying over the news that her ex is engaged, and freaking out about her future]:  “And it’s not the same for men!  Charlie Chaplin had babies when he was 72!”

Harry: “Yeah, but he was too old to pick ‘em up.”

• Like 1
  • LOL 21

Well, I know I said I was done with Foxx updates, but wanted to add one more inconsistent report.  After Foxx friends ask the public for their prayers for Jamie, his daughter reacts by downplaying it and saying Foxx had been been out of the hospital for weeks and was doing fine playing pickle ball.  Like, no big deal.  So, NOW, there’s this report.  His daughter might should  let Jamie’s hired representatives handle info release.  I’m not sure what’s wrong with her.  

https://www.tmz.com/2023/05/15/jamie-foxx-medical-complication-physical-rehabilitation-chicago-family-visit/

• Like 1
  • Useful 6
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well, I know I said I was done with Foxx updates, but wanted to add one more inconsistent report.  After Foxx friends ask the public for their prayers for Jamie, his daughter reacts by downplaying it and saying Foxx had been been out of the hospital for weeks and was doing fine playing pickle ball.  Like, no big deal.  So, NOW, there’s this report.  His daughter might should  let Jamie’s hired representatives handle info release.  I’m not sure what’s wrong with her.  

https://www.tmz.com/2023/05/15/jamie-foxx-medical-complication-physical-rehabilitation-chicago-family-visit/

I watched the first few minutes of TMZ live earlier and it does sound like he had a stroke. That would make sense because a lot of times, that just happens to someone and many times there's no warning or early signs at all. At least that's how it's been with people I know.

• Like 7
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

My opinion is whoever was in charge of releasing information regarding Fox's condition has handled it poorly.  Everyone has the right to privacy but not disclosing any information regarding whatever happened to him has only added to the interest in what happened to him. 

• Like 7
(edited)

While I think in retrospect it would have been better had Jamie Foxx and/or his family had just bitten the proverbial bullet and fessed up what his debilitating condition instead of acting mysterious about it, it was his/their call and we the public  aren't entitled to know every picayunish health detail of all the celebs.

OTOH, had it been a literal life/death issue, I can somewhat see the outrage as that gets close to the line of legal perjury.

Put it this way:both Charlie Chaplin and the music icon Prince would have prematurely born and malformed sons by their first wives who each died within a very short time- yet both the performers  would somewhat obscure the circumstances (Prince going so far as to fake to Miss Winfrey that there had been no problems- with the interview taking place in a room looking like a nursery that would never be used). Yet the general public by and large didn't seem to balk or withhold their patronage despite literal life and death deceptions having taken place!

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I think they could have just said he was home recovering after a medical issue and that he and his family would like their privacy right now. It would have respected his privacy and not released additional information about his condition (which I agree does sound like a stroke) but also probably quelled a lot of the confusion since it had already been stated he was in the hospital.

I don't blame him for not wanting more details released, though. A few years ago, I had a relative who was hospitalized after a serious car crash that killed her husband. It was touch and go whether or not she was going to survive--though she did pull through--but after a graphic, detailed update about all of the stuff going on with her internally, I basically told my brother that if I was ever hospitalized like that, nobody needed to know the logistics of how my innards were functioning. Tell them I'm recovering, tell them I'm critical or stable or whatever, but no detailed information about what my body is or isn't doing. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1