Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: White Lies and Black Eyes

• Start Topic

While the ladies are still in San Diego, Calif., a dark cloud looms above as the group tries to get answers about Heather's black eye; Lisa learns that Meredith has been spreading rumors about her businesses.

Airdate: 12.21.2022

Once again, MORE salty things have happened in the offseason.  Until they are mentioned in an episode, do not discuss them in the episode threads.  Spoilery conversations about particular housewives should happen in their individual threads or the media thread.

My educated guess is that Heather got that black eye when the drunk ho’s were grinding on each other, one of their massive boob implants got in the eye and the dagger-like nails they wear scratched up her back and arm. They were all so drunk, Heather included, that’s why no one remembers anything. 

• Like 15
  • LOL 1

So, Heather is implying (more than implying) that somebody hit her, but she doesn't want to say who. Why not? Is she covering for Jen, or she wants to let us think it was Whitney? 

The room had security cameras because the house is rented as an AirBnB, and we saw Jen, Meredith, and Angie K. with her.

Also, the Goddess theme is recycled from the RHs of Atlanta in Greece.

And Greeks don't use "opa" as every other word.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

So they are suppose to be dressed as goddesses and Heather came as a Cyclops. 
I think she knows how she got that black eye too, it was probably Jen. 

Basically she confirmed it with if someone comes with a secret knock line.. no one else but those two would have a “secret” knock 

• Like 5

I’m just not getting the same impression as others that Heather is being coy. In the TH where the producer is questioning her, she is visibly angry. It just makes me think production stepped in and, at least at this point, is keeping Heather from revealing what happened.  That would make production the coy ones by questioning her on camera about a topic she’s not allowed to talk about.  I don’t know why, but I’m strongly getting that feeling. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

I'm getting the feeling that it was drunken shenanigans that caused it, Heather may or may not remember how it happened but was not assaulted, and now they're trying to turn it into a "suspenseful storyline" but it's so weak that it's just annoying us.

As far as I could tell, they were all drunk, the normal ones hung out for a while and went to bed while the others were still carousing at 5 am.  We saw the knock and Heather answer the door, and it was the others coming in (so Heather could strip for them?). Are we to believe that one of the normal, sleeping drunks set her alarm for 6 am, did another knock at Heather's door, she hadn't passed out yet and answered it and got punched in the eye and scratched on the arm for her trouble, then staggered back to bed and woke up to this mystery?  She said to the ladies, and to the producer in her TH, that she didn't know what happened.  Then she told the TH producer at the end of the episode that she never said she didn't know what happened, she just said she wasn't talking about it.  Yes you did say that, dumbass!  You said it several times, then you also hinted it was Whitney.  Asshole.

The fact that she had an "evil eye" eyepatch that matched the ladies' evil eye necklaces says "planned storyline" to me.

Can you imagine going on a trip with your friends and being told that you need to pack a Marilyn Monroe dress AND a Greek goddess outfit? 🙄. I like that Lisa just wears what she wants and announces that she's Helen of Troy 😄. And congratulations to the gruesome Meredith Marks - when they're not "themed dressed" she has the ugliest outfits of everyone on a trip that includes Jen Shah!  I guess she's still being styled by her foul son.  I still hate them the most but Heather's getting close.  Again - in a cast that includes Jen Shah!

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I’m just not getting the same impression as others that Heather is being coy. In the TH where the producer is questioning her, she is visibly angry. It just makes me think production stepped in and, at least at this point, is keeping Heather from revealing what happened.  That would make production the coy ones by questioning her on camera about a topic she’s not allowed to talk about.  I don’t know why, but I’m strongly getting that feeling. 

Maybe so…🧐

I’m just damn tired of it being dragged out. I feel like im back in RHOBH with the never ending story line of….Lucy Lucy Apple Juicy! 

We’ve got a gold mine of a storyline with that con woman Jen and this is borrrinnnggg 🙃

Edited by Jack Terrier
Typo!
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
5 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I don't know how production could get away with restricting Heather from talking about something (say through a legal proceeding) but then bring it up to her on camera. Like, you can't bind someone with an NDA and then turn around and publicly say, "Hey do you want to tell everyone about what happened on X date [being the date of the incident necessitating the NDA]" without nullifying it completely.

And I imagine that if what happened to Heather was something that would require production to cover its ass by stopping her from talking about it, then we wouldn't be seeing any of this trip because it could all be potential evidence in a legal proceeding against production.

On another note, I'm really not feeling Angie at all. From doubting how Lisa could have so much wealth on display if she's broke (hello? have you met Jen?), to taking the long and winding rhetorical road to making a dig in her confessional (even Ramona Singer gets to the point quicker), I'm just finding her annoying rather than annoying and entertaining.

• Like 13

I don't doubt a line with Angie K's evil eye merchandise will be coming out soon!

The security cameras of the house had everything recorded, so I'm sure Bravo knows what happened. 

Meredith said on a segment from BravoCon which aired on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live recently, not in real time, that there is video (which she posted on either IG, or Twitter, and was shown on that segment) with Lisa's rant about her, and that it was not private. There was a Bravo producer in the room who could be seen in a mirror from an open door.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Meredith said on a segment from BravoCon which aired on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live recently, not in real time, that there is video (which she posted on either on IG, or Twitter, and was shown on that segment) with Lisa's rant about her, and that it was not private. There was a Bravo producer in the room who could be seen in a mirror from an open door.

Well Meredith, no one believes Lisa thought it was private.  Just like no one believes you aren't the one bringing up all this shit about her for revenge.  Lisa at least made it look like a "rant" but you, Meredith, are a terrible actress, a terrible liar, and terrible at setting up a subtle revenge.  Maybe it's those pills Lisa "accidentally" mentioned you take? 🤣😂🤣

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

I saw on the SEC papers shown on tv that the company name was Jack Henry Spirits LLC. That's not the Vida Tequila company, is it? I didn't check. Lisa said the SEC filing is for a new company she just created, and crowdfunding is used for new companies. So this fits Lisa's narrative, not what Meredith claims, that Lisa is trying to get funding for her decade old Vida company because she has no money.

And another dinner/event was ruined.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4

The whole black eye reveal scene stank of canned ham to me. And Heather trying to be all cagey is suspicious.  I’d have a hard time believing that anyone actually punched her in a fit of rage. Maybe accidentally? Maybe Jen? I don’t know. 

The whole show makes me feel like I got sucked into watching a straight-to-video movie. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 6

OMG!  Heather was all over the place when talking about her black eye.  She doesn't know what happened; she does know what happened, but wants someone else to say it first; she doesn't want to talk about it... on and on...   They keep showing Jen with a guilty look on her face.  Of course that could be for a number of reasons.  😉

• Like 15
  • LOL 3

At the very end, when Heather was being questioned by a producer, in a TH, the producer said something about who Heather is trying to protect/cover for and she said, "myself." 

Which matches my general assumption about it- that it was during the drunken antics. 

Maybe Heather is embarrassed about all that? 

But it was still super lame of her to spend the whole day implying that something nefarious happened. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 1

They are playing games, all of them. This show has gone from my favorite to I forget it's on.

The black eye is weird in that just her eyelid is bruised.  I  had a similar issue when my husband's elbow met my eye while we were both sleeping. Of course I cheerfully told everyone that he punched me in the eye, but I'm fun like that.

• Like 1
  • LOL 16

I have decided that the women are very sloppy if they don't have to pick up after themselves, they have access to pizza deliveries, they can actually do their jobs hungover, glam teams show up out of nowhere, never dress appropriately for the task at hand and somehow passed some ordinance that a charcuterie board at least once during every episode.

Somehow Jen happened to have an eye patch and was able to bedazzle it for Heather? Really? I think she walked in to those branches in her room and scratched her arm and got poked in the eye, I do not believe it was a nefarious act or

The Go Cars are a lot of fun, my husband and I did it in San Francisco a number of years ago, it has a GPS guided tour of whatever city you are in, they made routes that could handle certain hills so you really have to stick to the tour or push your car up a hill, at the top of some of them the GPS says "Whew, you made it!"  Whitney could not find reverse because there is no reverse on those cars.  

Everyone at the Goddess dinner dresses on theme but one, as usual.  I noticed an absence of blazers this season, just clothes that give the blazer vibe.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

If Heather Really didn't want to talk about it, she'd just say, 'omg I'm such a moron, I was too drunk and fell into something' and then stfu about it. But she Loves the attention, so she can't help herself.

If someone really punched her in a fight, she'd just say so. I think what others have said-there was half naked rough wrestling going on, and Heather got elbowed or such. But because it probably happened during a make out or boobie smash, she's too embarrassed to say. She takes a risk though, acting like it was an assault, especially if it was Jen, cuz if she gets accused,she'll throw Heather right under the bus, spill it all, and then back up and drive over her again by making it sound even worse. The way she said, We need a cover story-not, I need a cover story, tells me they both know what happened-rough sexy shenanigans

• Like 11

This whole Who Gave Heather a Black Eye drama has no stakes because it won't shift the dynamics at all because all these women already hate each other.

The back and forth about whether it was a tirade or a rant would have, on another more entertaining season, be a hilarious Housewives argument but seemed so dumb here.

Edited by BloggerAloud
  • Like 13
  • Applause 1

So Heather can smash her boobs against plate glass, but she can't admit that she took an elbow to her eye?  Because that's what would make her look bad?

I used to really enjoy the "Bad Weather" combo.  But it seems that unless Whitney is fulfilling the "fun friend" slot, Heather doesn't want her.

Whitney has to "behave" and be on "fun girl" behavior for Heather to be friends.  As soon as Whitney brings anything real, authentic, or bad/sad, Heather's gots to get outta there.  Great friend, Heather.

Whitney does herself no favors, mind you.  Cries about her childhood (seriously sad), cries about her husband losing his job (also awful), but then continues to put her twerking self on display.  Girl, show some growth.  Get thee to a great therapist, stat.

• Like 13
  • Love 2

I had an eye like Heather's once - I was playing softball and ran into the first baseman - my face hit the hard part of his chest.  People told me not to blow my nose or it would swell up like crazy, and later I did blow my nose and could feel it blow up!  So this tells me that drunken Heather could have walked into a wall, although I bet it was another woman's elbow, and could have been reasonably okay at the time if she was too drunk to really feel it, and then blown her nose later and had it swell up.  Acting like "something happened" - she's just so full of crap she stinks.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

The ice cream cones the ladies were eating while roller-skating looked disgusting & it was rude of them to just leave them lying out there to melt in the sun for "someone else" to clean up.🤮

Edited by Saph
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3

I can barely understand most of the arguments on this show, but is there any substance to Lisa's theory that Meredith is tossing out the go-fund me stuff because she is trying to get back at Lisa for her rant/tirade?   I thought it sort of makes sense.... but is Meredith really THAT angry about it still?? 

• Like 7

So wait.... We're never going to know officially what happened to her eye?!!! This is insane. I'm done with this show. So very weird.

Also I have face blindness with Angie Dark-Haired. Every time I see her, I'm like "wait, who is that? Oh yeah... Angie." 

Edited by sandwoman
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2

The tirant (rant+tirade=tirant), is old news, everyone knows it is so last year but when you don't have a story line you have to dig up bones.  

I wish we could see more of Meredith's jewelry business and her boutique, it is odd it hardly gets mentioned.  I am relieved that we have been Brooks Marks free, no sweatsuit fashion shows at all.

Has everyone gotten their auto delivery set up of Lone Wolf hair products? It is called Lone Wolf or was it Wolf Boy Hair Care? 

We don't hear a peep about Wild Rose Body Crap either, you know the brand that wiped out her family's savings. Where'd it go? 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
19 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Lol at Lisa chattering on about herself instead of grilling Heather during the go-kart ride. And lol at Heather for calling it

lol Heather reminded me of myself at work. I'm a private person and have some intrusive coworkers, sometimes might be harassment with what they ask. I have this one coworker who will go on and on about himself, kids, and grandkids. I don't know if he's socially awkward or just doesn't care to ask the rest of us about our lives, but sometimes I like that the leaves me alone about mine. Just wish he'd be quiet sometimes so I could work, but I digress. 

18 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Meredith is so full of shit.. I don’t care but you keep her name in your mouth… ugh

Heather I don’t wanna talk about it but let me keep alluding to it ALL the time but I don’t wanna talk about it stop asking me but did you see my eye? 

I have a confession guys. Please don't judge me too much.

Sometimes I listen to Teddi Mellencamp's podcast.

Teddi compared Heather to Lisa Vanderpump. She thinks they're both messy but want to come off as beyond the show. I didn't really notice similarities, but they do both have this "Let's talk about it, but not talk about it" thing in common, at least right now. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2
12 hours ago, swankie said:

Heather is acting like a big goofy idiot.  I can't stand any of these women on this show.  They're making me miss Mary. 

I heard on the street (ok, it was a podcast) that Miss Mary just might be coming back 🤞🏻

• Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

lol Heather reminded me of myself at work. I'm a private person and have some intrusive coworkers, sometimes might be harassment with what they ask. I have this one coworker who will go on and on about himself, kids, and grandkids. I don't know if he's socially awkward or just doesn't care to ask the rest of us about our lives, but sometimes I like that the leaves me alone about mine. Just wish he'd be quiet sometimes so I could work, but I digress. 

I have a confession guys. Please don't judge me too much.

Sometimes I listen to Teddi Mellencamp's podcast.

Teddi compared Heather to Lisa Vanderpump. She thinks they're both messy but want to come off as beyond the show. I didn't really notice similarities, but they do both have this "Let's talk about it, but not talk about it" thing in common, at least right now. 

Heather I’m sorry doesn’t have the how to say this “presence” or smooziness that vanderpump has … that likability and humor that kinda gives her grace in doing things .. Heathers true personality is really coming out this season and it’s YIKES..... she got by on kooky and fun for a bit then that wore off and we see this nasty pecking order side of her .. telling others not to speak out and to know their place insinuating that someone "hit" her ... she is just super gross this season 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Has everyone gotten their auto delivery set up of Lone Wolf hair products? It is called Lone Wolf or was it Wolf Boy Hair Care? 

We don't hear a peep about Wild Rose Body Crap either, you know the brand that wiped out her family's savings. Where'd it go? 

It is, inexplicably, called Fresh Wolf.  But, I like yours better-  Wolf Boy!

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

This franchise used to be a lot of fun to watch but now it is completely boring.

All of the Angies and the Danna? are boring. And whichever Angie threw the party, needs to take a seat because she wanted to be on the show and so was willing to spend $15,000 or whatever in order to make it happen.

The problem with Lisa and Meredith is that they realistically should never be spending any amount of time with each other. In real life, if one's friend actually spewed that tirade or rant, that would be it. You don't spew such vile stuff unless you truly harbor very hostile feelings for a person. I don't particularly care for Meredith but I am not sure what else you can do when someone has shown such utter hatred and contempt for you other than to be a bit passive aggressive.

Whatever is happening to Whitney and Heather is completely confusing because nothing that happened on screen warrants Whitney's needing a "break" in the friendship. Not that I think that Heather is not annoying or is blameless, but whatever is creating this happened off camera and isn't even being discussed on camera so it just appears like another random unpleasant housewives relationship.

I think that knowing what Jen ultimately chose to do really colors the whole season. I mean no one with a quarter of a brain thought she was innocent but somehow it is worse listening to her self pity and her claims of innocence and being framed etc. At least last season some of the housewives attempted to actually understand and pass judgment. Whitney gave that very succinct explanation of how you market and monetize internet leads. But this crew is acting as if Jen is the victim - instead of treating her as a criminal who deserves harsh judgment they are treating her as if she is going to have to get a medical operation next month - i.e. poor thing is going to go through hard times through no fault of her own. 

And of course it goes without saying that watching Jen's excess and the money she is still spending on glam just makes it unpleasant. You don't get those hairstyles and nails (for starters) without spending lots of money to have them done for you. And while her hired help isn't on camera as a story line, no one can possibly clean a house in even the most cursory manner with talons on their fingers. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, ZettaK said:

So, Heather is implying (more than implying) that somebody hit her, but she doesn't want to say who

I could be wayyyyy off, but I find Heather to appear sexually aggressive, so I assumed she went farther than usual with Jen so she clocked her.

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, amarante said:

This franchise used to be a lot of fun to watch but now it is completely borieast last season some of the housewives attempted to actually understand and pass judgment. Whitney gave that very succinct explanation of how you market and monetize internet leads.

I still don't fully understand Jen's crime. A year ago I read she was caught selling people's contact information, yet every site one signs up to, shares contact information unless specified elsewhere. This isnt new, its been done as long as theres been telephones. I still get calls trying to fraud me out of personal info. How does this equal 15 years? Surely shes done something more egregious than that to warrant 15 years?

2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

YIKES..... she got by on kooky and fun for a bit then that wore off and we see this nasty pecking order side of her .. telling others not to speak out and to know their place insinuating that someone "hit" her ... she is just super gross this season 

It's interesting u say this because I picked up a minor, but shady, judgment. When Lisa said she was Hera, Heather launched into "Zeus cheated on Hera all the time, she was a jilted wife." Talk about victim blaming, even in mythology.

• Like 1

Bravo needs to put this show out of its misery and reinstate Miami, stat.

The black eye was nothing. If someone punched Heather, we would have heard about it long before it aired.

Likely, Heather bumped her eye in the rough play with Jen.

Super nasty of Heather to even let the viewers speculate it was Whitney.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Meredith's jewelry business and her boutique, it is odd it hardly gets mentioned.

I think that's because it existed before the show, and therefore Bravo wasn't able to negotiate profit-sharing. Bravo gets a cut of proceeds from some other housewives products that are featured on the show.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4