Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: White Lies and Black Eyes

• Start Topic

On 12/22/2022 at 8:10 AM, Chatty Cake said:

After all the previews and build up to her black eye, that’s all they could come up with?  
What was the stuff with Lisa and crowd funding? Is Meredith saying she’s poor? 

They must be desperate for storyline. Digging up Lisa's crowd-funding for her son's line is not a big deal. It opens Jack up to investors. And everyone seems in agreement that Heather should have just implied she stumbled, instead of saying she didn't want to get someone in trouble. Puhleeese... 

• Like 4
On 12/23/2022 at 8:51 AM, JenE4 said:

Every other episode I was willing to give Heather the benefit of the doubt on that one because I don’t necessarily remember every conversation I have, either. But now we have Heather straight-up telling us this is her go-to coping mechanism: deny and pretend it didn’t happen.

I agree.  I used to think Heather was just the one who didn't want to offend anyone and kind of played both sides to stay good with all the women; this episode proved otherwise. I rewatched it today and was appalled at her changing her tune every time she was on camera re: her black eye. "WE know what happened;" "I don't know what happened;" "I don't want to talk about it." Which one is it, Heather? 

I'm sure that it was one or two things: she was shitfaced drunk (which we know) and fell in her room (I did the same thing once after getting home from a vacation but I was sober- it was dark and I tripped over the suitcase on the floor)- very possible because she was not in familiar surroundings. OR there was a lot of stupid horsing around (REALLY stupid; who half-naked wrestles with their friends while trashing a vacation property and getting plastered? Are they 15 years old?) and someone elbowed her. I've gotten scratches like the ones on her arm from just having an itchy spot. Purely fabricated, IMO.

That said, this franchise (and probably most of the Housewives at this point)  has become so ridiculous it's barely watchable. I did watch RHONJ and in the beginning it was kind of fun and the women were more real and relatable. I'm sorry, but going go-karting in 6-inch heels and flowing organza, having costume parties every night of the week (and bossing around the "help" before eventually wrecking everything in sight) is no more "REAL" than watching The Little Mermaid. I can just imagine the producers and directors: "THROW HER SHOES IN THE WATER! SCREAM LOUDER! PUSH HER!!!" while they oblige happily all to get their faces on TV and make a few bucks. And the fact that everything seems to happen while they are soaked in alcohol (which seems to be all day, every day) is just irritating.  Anyone noticed that they never really compIiment one another unless it's about their clothing? ("OMG... you look BEAUTIFUL!!!!) I will also add that these women don't live in Salt Lake City; they are mostly in the Park City area which is full of people who are rich, want to be rich, and/or want to be seen. We know a lot of these women aren't as rich as they would like you to believe. And stop it already with the music that all sounds like angels humming and the pan-shots of the temples of SLC as if they are really living as Utahns do. It's ridiculous. (I live here... haha)

How about a Real Housewives show with women who aren't mentally ill alcoholics?

• Like 7
On 12/31/2022 at 9:02 PM, KateHearts said:

I agree.  I used to think Heather was just the one who didn't want to offend anyone and kind of played both sides to stay good with all the women; this episode proved otherwise. I rewatched it today and was appalled at her changing her tune every time she was on camera re: her black eye. "WE know what happened;" "I don't know what happened;" "I don't want to talk about it." Which one is it, Heather? 

I'm sure that it was one or two things: she was shitfaced drunk (which we know) and fell in her room (I did the same thing once after getting home from a vacation but I was sober- it was dark and I tripped over the suitcase on the floor)- very possible because she was not in familiar surroundings. OR there was a lot of stupid horsing around (REALLY stupid; who half-naked wrestles with their friends while trashing a vacation property and getting plastered? Are they 15 years old?) and someone elbowed her. I've gotten scratches like the ones on her arm from just having an itchy spot. Purely fabricated, IMO.

That said, this franchise (and probably most of the Housewives at this point)  has become so ridiculous it's barely watchable. I did watch RHONJ and in the beginning it was kind of fun and the women were more real and relatable. I'm sorry, but going go-karting in 6-inch heels and flowing organza, having costume parties every night of the week (and bossing around the "help" before eventually wrecking everything in sight) is no more "REAL" than watching The Little Mermaid. I can just imagine the producers and directors: "THROW HER SHOES IN THE WATER! SCREAM LOUDER! PUSH HER!!!" while they oblige happily all to get their faces on TV and make a few bucks. And the fact that everything seems to happen while they are soaked in alcohol (which seems to be all day, every day) is just irritating.  Anyone noticed that they never really compIiment one another unless it's about their clothing? ("OMG... you look BEAUTIFUL!!!!) I will also add that these women don't live in Salt Lake City; they are mostly in the Park City area which is full of people who are rich, want to be rich, and/or want to be seen. We know a lot of these women aren't as rich as they would like you to believe. And stop it already with the music that all sounds like angels humming and the pan-shots of the temples of SLC as if they are really living as Utahns do. It's ridiculous. (I live here... haha)

I agree with everything, except for production told Jen to throw Angie K's shoes in the ocean. That was all Jen, who was angry Angie upstaged her by planning the trip, getting the best bedroom, and trying to become a HW (she should be a sidekick only).

• Like 2
On 12/31/2022 at 7:02 PM, KateHearts said:

Actually only Meredith lives in Park City. The rest live down in the valley. The house that Jen used to rent was up in Promontory which is sort of a suburb of Park City but it’s quite a dive. I’m not sure where Meredith’s latest house is but the last one was in upper Deer Valley. 

im a park city local and unfortunately not rich 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
46 minutes ago, Vipbrj said:

im a park city local and unfortunately not rich 

My brother learned to ski in Park City back in the day (and in the small world we live in his instructor was once married to an owner of a very large local bakery in Baltimore), I don't remember the name of the resort but his photos were beeeaaauuutiful!