Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: White Lies and Black Eyes

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Chalby said:

I could be wayyyyy off, but I find Heather to appear sexually aggressive, so I assumed she went farther than usual with Jen so she clocked her.

Or the other way around and Jen was sexually agressive.

Why did only the driver wear helmets in the go carts. That didn't make sense at all. But, little about these women make sense.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Chalby said:

t's interesting u say this because I picked up a minor, but shady, judgment. When Lisa said she was Hera, Heather launched into "Zeus cheated on Hera all the time, she was a jilted wife." Talk about victim blaming, even in mythology.

It was kind of Hera's thing that Zeus would cheat on her, then she would destroy the women he cheated with and their kids. Not a girl's girl.

I know they are forced by being on the show together to endure each other's company, but it takes a lot of nerve for Lisa to act exasperated that Meredith can't let that rant go as if she accidentally dented her car.. I don't justify revenge, but I'd take that ire to the grave.

Edited by kassa
  • Like 6
11 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Maybe we'll get the scoop at the reunion! 😉

Yep, just like we got the full confession about Meredith's chest plate last year.

On 12/22/2022 at 6:35 AM, ZettaK said:

Meredith, ignoring your father's death is on the same level of affront to canceling a makeup artist?

But seriously, who does that?!?

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I can barely understand most of the arguments on this show, but is there any substance to Lisa's theory that Meredith is tossing out the go-fund me stuff because she is trying to get back at Lisa for her rant/tirade?   I thought it sort of makes sense.... but is Meredith really THAT angry about it still?? 

I think one of the problems is that this season picked up far too close to the filming of last season. If I remember correctly, Meredith didn't even know of the mic stuff until watching the final episodes right before the filming of the reunion and they picked up very shortly thereafter to follow Jen so this is all feeling like an extension of season 2 instead of a new season.

• Like 7
8 hours ago, kassa said:

I know they are forced by being on the show together to endure each other's company, but it takes a lot of nerve for Lisa to act exasperated that Meredith can't let that rant go as if she accidentally dented her car.. I don't justify revenge, but I'd take that ire to the grave.

I think it’s more Meredith is being a hypocrite .. she is dangling the I forgive you we can move on in front of Lisa but that’s not what she’s doing .. it’s the I don’t talk about you I’m not spreading rumors it’s YOU that is keeping us from being friends again when she is in fact doing exactly what Lisa did on the hot mic but calculated and on purpose.. she is no better then Lisa but is trying to have this moral high ground that she just doesn’t have 

• Like 14
  • Applause 3

I like how Heather is well versed in Greek Mythology.

10 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Why did only the driver wear helmets in the go carts. That didn't make sense at all. But, little about these women make sense.

I noticed that too, they clearly did not want to mess up their hair since glam can get cancelled why risk it, lol.

So we are getting zero info from Jen Shah-Bankman-Fried's legal troubles during the filming of this season but we do get to see her boobs, I wish we didn't.

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think it’s more Meredith is being a hypocrite .. she is dangling the I forgive you we can move on in front of Lisa but that’s not what she’s doing .. it’s the I don’t talk about you I’m not spreading rumors it’s YOU that is keeping us from being friends again when she is in fact doing exactly what Lisa did on the hot mic but calculated and on purpose.. she is no better then Lisa but is trying to have this moral high ground that she just doesn’t have 

As I wrote upthread, I think that this is because normally you would not have anything to do with a friend who actually revealed what they thought of you as Lisa did. 

Lisa was speaking the truth in terms of her actual feelings about Meredith. They were actually friends for many years or at least Meredith thought so. It would be horrifying if I discovered that a friend actually thought that of me.

I don't know how you "forgive" that and move on because it isn't a behavior or a thoughtless action - it is essentially revealing that a person hates you.

So instead of behaving normally which is to have nothing to do with the person, Meredith is forced to interact with this person on numerous occasions because this person is her co-worker. Of course she hasn't forgiven her - but she has to state that for the purposes of the show. 

And as others have posted, season three started showing relatively soon after the Reunion because they wanted to make sure they had Jen Shah. As I recall Meredith actually heard the hot mic rant/tirade the day before the reunion.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, amarante said:

As I wrote upthread, I think that this is because normally you would not have anything to do with a friend who actually revealed what they thought of you as Lisa did. 

Lisa was speaking the truth in terms of her actual feelings about Meredith. They were actually friends for many years or at least Meredith thought so. It would be horrifying if I discovered that a friend actually thought that of me.

I don't know how you "forgive" that and move on because it isn't a behavior or a thoughtless action - it is essentially revealing that a person hates you.

So instead of behaving normally which is to have nothing to do with the person, Meredith is forced to interact with this person on numerous occasions because this person is her co-worker. Of course she hasn't forgiven her - but she has to state that for the purposes of the show. 

And as others have posted, season three started showing relatively soon after the Reunion because they wanted to make sure they had Jen Shah. As I recall Meredith actually heard the hot mic rant/tirade the day before the reunion.

I get what you are saying 100% but then she needs to NOT lie about what she is doing she needs to say I have a issue and I am NOT over it.. she is telling Lisa we can move forward and we can move on but her actions dont reflect that is all I am saying 

there is a difference in not having anything to do with someone and doing what Meredith is doing.. you are ignoring her intentionally going after Lisa and her husband and lying about it like WHAT I would never do that .. its on tape ... you can work with someone and take the higher ground and actually NOT attack them whenever they arnt around and do what you say you are doing or you could do what Meredith IS doing and lying and plotting and taking digs and saying OH THATS NOT ME I dont talk about you at all ... The difference is honesty and intent ..

Meredith is doing this ON purpose (and she could be justified or not) and she is LYING and trying to play innocent which makes it NO better then Lisa and her hot mic only worse because it wasn't ONE instance its OVER and OVER to anyone that will hear it 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 3
  • Applause 5

It is obviously Jen involved in Heather getting the black eye the way she said “we” need to create a cover story, and Jen is the only person not shown shocked and appalled and questioning what happened throughout the day. (Exception Lisa talking about her wardrobe while on the go-carts while everyone else was speculating—but she was at least appropriately shocked and confused at other times.) Heather has also stated that she’s protecting someone—and the little aside of “myself” at the end doesn’t cut it. But she is 100% making it seem like it was an attack or fight because if it was just “I got bonked in the eye when we were drunk and wrestling around and acting stupid” that’s entirely plausible and blameless. The fact that she needs a different cover story than just saying that makes absolutely no sense unless there really was some type of physical altercation. Because everyone saw you acting drunk and stupid and wrestling around, so there’s no secret or anyone to protect there.

But all that being said, now I finally understand Whitney’s perspective on Heather and why she’s just had enough of this completely pretending that a fight/problem/conversation just flat-out didn’t happen. Every other episode I was willing to give Heather the benefit of the doubt on that one because I don’t necessarily remember every conversation I have, either. But now we have Heather straight-up telling us this is her go-to coping mechanism: deny and pretend it didn’t happen. No wonder why Whitney feels like Heather gaslights her by ignoring reality and telling her that something they experienced together didn’t happen.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

Maybe the cover story that Heather & Jen want to create is that there is more to the two of them than friendship, and things got....shall we say....a little rough.  

That actually explains the nature of their whole relationship:  this cycle of on-again, off-again, Jen can treat Heather however she wants to, and Heather will always take her back.  Jen apologizes, and rinse/repeat.  It's more like a bad romantic relationship than a friendship.

That is just a theory.  I know nothing.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

If someone had attacked Heather, production would force her to tell and cover it forever. Instead, we have the off-camera producer pretend to grill Heather, when in fact the two of them are collaborating to build drama. I think it was a wayward elbow, doorknob, something simple and obvious.

Heather is so fucking smug and coy, sitting there in her delusions about her popularity. Did anyone notice the back of her head when she answered the door to Jen? Basically she rolls out of bed and then just sticks the extensions on. Also, haven't they all had enough time to grow their hair and skip the extensions? My hairdresser says hair grows an average of six inches a year. For all their popularity, many extensions signal lack of basic good grooming. Heather doesn't always look clean.

Have to laugh at the hapless Lisa, referring to "one little rant," followed by her essentially calling Meredith a pill-popper. She has zero control over her mouth and emotions. I did like her pale blue outfit for the mythology dinner.

Again most of their clothing appears to come from one source (go-cart outfits). Is Bravo forcing them to wear these hideous, inappropriate outfits? Good gawd, what was that coral fringed travesty that Meredith wore? She used to be elegant.

ETA: Crowd funding isn't necessarily a bad thing and shouldn't be confused with raising funds for a charitable cause (e.g., someone's house burns down). At one time there were pro-business websites providing a platform for businesses to crowd-fund new initiatives. Lisa and John may be trying to avoid spending their business or personal funds or getting a business loan from a bank. The public is free to decide whether to participate. Meredith, that fount of all business knowledge, appears to be trying to imply that Lisa is broke. Or cheap.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, amarante said:

It's possible that this may be a personality thing. Some people "vent" and say things they don't mean in the heat of the moment. Are there people in this world who don't do that? (serious question!)

But, having said that, the most interesting thing about the hot mic incident to me is that she said it not realizing it would be recorded. It's hard to believe that someone who's been on a reality show for a few years wouldn't know about hot mics, so perhaps she didn't do it consciously, but subconsciously. It came across to me as an extremely passive aggressive move --she wanted to expose Meredith for the phony she (lisa) thinks she is, or she wanted to punish her for something.

I feel for Meredith having heard that, it must have been very hurtful, but man, that was good tv. It was up there with first season Survivor final tribal council. 

-------

I think Heather has a very narrow band of likeability. When she's the dumpy, dorky underdog, she's likeable. Anything outside that, I don't know. And as a bossy, behind the scenes manipulator? Definitely not.

And Teddi Mellancamp can keep LVP's name out of her mouth. Pitooey.

Edited by Jel
  • Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Jel said:

It's possible that this may be a personality thing. Some people "vent" and say things they don't mean in the heat of the moment. Are there people in this world who don't do that? (serious question!)

But, having said that, the most interesting thing about the hot mic incident to me is that she said it not realizing it would be recorded. It's hard to believe that someone who's been on a reality show for a few years wouldn't know about hot mics, so perhaps she didn't do it consciously, but subconsciously. It came across to me as an extremely passive aggressive move --she wanted to expose Meredith for the phony she (lisa) thinks she is, or she wanted to punish her for something.

I feel for Meredith having heard that, it must have been very hurtful, but man, that was good tv. It was up there with first season Survivor final tribal council. 

Honestly I don't think these kinds of rants/tirades happen unless the person actually thinks those things. 

It is like the excuse when people are drunk and make racist comments. To me it's not an excuse, it is just that in the moment you revealed your true self. I don't think racist thoughts so I am certain that even if I weren't in full control of my faculties - drunk, stones or even just enraged, I wouldn't be spouting racist sentiments. 

Whatever the reason Lisa had the hot mic moment, I think it revealed Lisa's true feelings about Meredith which would cause anyone to break off the relationship and be hurt beyond belief that someone you thought was a friend of many years actually felt that way.

I am not a fan of Meredith so I am not necessarily defending her but she is forced to interact with someone that under normal circumstances no one would. If they weren't on a reality show, they would have no further contact and Meredith would bitch and vent and whatever. Yeah it's not a great look but I can't call her a hypocrite for accepting an apology and actually not forgiving. Because in real life what Lisa did was beyond apology - a friendship just can't come back from that kind of exposed vitriol

• Like 7
22 minutes ago, amarante said:

Honestly I don't think these kinds of rants/tirades happen unless the person actually thinks those things. 

Have you never been in a fight with someone and said something in the moment? Especially someone you have known for a while like family and you say things ..... yes we all think things but we dont say everything we think ... And when mad you say things to vent it ... I am not excusing what she said but we ALL have said things in the heat of the moment ALL of us 

Meredith on the other hand has thought out what she wants to say and do .... its not spontaneous its CALCULATED .. she knows what she is doing she knows she is trying to take down Lisa and her husband and their children its on purpose 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 8
  • Applause 4

1 hour ago, amarante said:

It is like the excuse when people are drunk and make racist comments. To me it's not an excuse, it is just that in the moment you revealed your true self. I don't think racist thoughts so I am certain that even if I weren't in full control of my faculties - drunk, stones or even just enraged, I wouldn't be spouting racist sentiments. 

Whatever the reason Lisa had the hot mic moment, I think it revealed Lisa's true feelings about Meredith which would cause anyone to break off the relationship and be hurt beyond belief that someone you thought was a friend of many years actually felt that way.

I am not a fan of Meredith so I am not necessarily defending her but she is forced to interact with someone that under normal circumstances no one would. If they weren't on a reality show, they would have no further contact and Meredith would bitch and vent and whatever. Yeah it's not a great look but I can't call her a hypocrite for accepting an apology and actually not forgiving. Because in real life what Lisa did was beyond apology - a friendship just can't come back from that kind of exposed vitriol

While I definitely agree with your example that undercover racists reveal their racism when drunk, I see this as a different situation because Lisa and Meredith have a personal relationship and a bunch of history. I think in a personal relationship there are many other things that factor in, like past hurts, betrayals, perceived slights and other things that may have been swept under the rug over the years.  Meredith seems very entitled to me, and she strikes me as someone who is "never wrong". I find people like that are hard to have direct conversations with as it's never their fault and you end up being "the asshole" for "misunderstanding" or even bringing it up. That is a fertile ground for resentment.

I also think that Meredith does come across as unforgiving, and her "forgiveness" seems more like virtue signaling than an actual attempt to forgive Lisa. I take your point about Lisa's rant being a deal breaker, and I can understand why someone would feel that way. If someone said that stuff about me (and I heard it --important part!) I'd probably have a hard time continuing the friendship. So I think Meredith would be well within her rights to find it unforgivable and say so, and really that would be preferable to her insincere "let's move forward'"s, imo.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Have you never been in a fight with someone and said something in the moment? Especially someone you have known for a while like family and you say things ..... yes we all think things but we dont say everything we think ... And when mad you say things to vent it ... I am not excusing what she said but we ALL have said things in the heat of the moment ALL of us 

Love my sister, but I’ve had several rants about her over the years. I didn’t have a mike and I live 5 states away.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I think that's because it existed before the show, and therefore Bravo wasn't able to negotiate profit-sharing. Bravo gets a cut of proceeds from some other housewives products that are featured on the show.

I had been thinking the same thing about Meredith’s jewelry line and I think you just answered the question.

I’m really a researcher at heart (my occupation is unfortunately mainly math, with research thrown in). She apparently is actually a pretty successful jewelry designer (take a look at her website) and they never mention it. Ever…

But then on RHBH they had no problem promoting Mauricio (he should be paying Bravo a cut of Agency profits) and even the ultimate sleazebag - Tom Girardi.

• Like 4
21 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I think that's because it existed before the show, and therefore Bravo wasn't able to negotiate profit-sharing. Bravo gets a cut of proceeds from some other housewives products that are featured on the show.

2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Love me sister, but I’ve had several rants about her over the years. I didn’t have a mike and I live 5 states away.

Absofuckinglutely. Is that a word?

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
7 hours ago, JenE4 said:

It is obviously Jen involved in Heather getting the black eye the way she said “we” need to create a cover story, and Jen is the only person not shown shocked and appalled and questioning what happened throughout the day. (Exception Lisa talking about her wardrobe while on the go-carts while everyone else was speculating—but she was at least appropriately shocked and confused at other times.) Heather has also stated that she’s protecting someone—and the little aside of “myself” at the end doesn’t cut it.

Haha maybe she's protecting herself because she's afraid Jen would kick her ass if she told the truth! 😂

Seriously though - even if they had a knock-down, drag-out fight and ended up making up and making out - all the "cover story" they would need after the previous night was "drunken shenanigans".  That's just more of Heather trying to make a storyline out of nothing.  The one thing I was wondering is that if she doesn't remember what happened, and she keeps saying someone else has to say first - is she hoping someone will tell her what happened?  She's an idiot 😄

• Like 6
20 hours ago, Glama said:

Yep, just like we got the full confession about Meredith's chest plate last year.

But seriously, who does that?!?

Maybe Heather COLLIDED with Meredith's chest plate. 😅

Edited by Saph
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 14

I’m pretty convinced that Jen and heather had some sort of sexual relations and the black eye resulted from that. Like why, when heather showed Jen the scratches on her arm, did Jen immediately ask “do you have scratches on your back too?” 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 6
11 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Maybe the cover story that Heather & Jen want to create is that there is more to the two of them than friendship, and things got....shall we say....a little rough.  

That actually explains the nature of their whole relationship:  this cycle of on-again, off-again, Jen can treat Heather however she wants to, and Heather will always take her back.  Jen apologizes, and rinse/repeat.  It's more like a bad romantic relationship than a friendship.

That is just a theory.  I know nothing.  

1 hour ago, Vipbrj said:

I’m pretty convinced that Jen and heather had some sort of sexual relations and the black eye resulted from that. Like why, when heather showed Jen the scratches on her arm, did Jen immediately ask “do you have scratches on your back too?” 

I quoted myself above, because I said the exact same thing.

A romantic, sexual relationship between Heather & Jen explains the push-pull, emotional rollercoaster that their relationship has.  

I think something "happened", and it got a little rough.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

I had been thinking the same thing about Meredith’s jewelry line and I think you just answered the question.

I’m really a researcher at heart (my occupation is unfortunately mainly math, with research thrown in). She apparently is actually a pretty successful jewelry designer (take a look at her website) and they never mention it. Ever…

But then on RHBH they had no problem promoting Mauricio (he should be paying Bravo a cut of Agency profits) and even the ultimate sleazebag - Tom Girardi.

Meredith's jewelry business was mentioned before on the show. We saw a photo shoot for a jewelry line last year (I think it was last year). She also accused one of Jen's assistants of stealing a bag from her boutique, security camera footage was shown, and Meredith somewhat elaborated about what the boutique sells. Bravo prefers to promote businesses which were created during the show, so it can profit from them because it receives a percentage. Bethenny Frankel promoted her business heavily (which was created just before the RHNYC started, and she negotiated specifically so Bravo wouldn't get a percentage), and it was shown because it was her storyline. Mauricio's real estate agency was founded after the RHBH started, and I don't think Tom Gerardi's business was promoted- it was mentioned he was an attorney on the show like it happens with other husbands' professions. Almost every husband or boyfriend on every RH show has storylines about their profession. As for Meredith, it's possible she doesn't really promote her jewelry because otherwise she might have to compensate Bravo.

Heather is showing her real personality. She told Angie K and Whitney to know their place (like Jen did with Angie K, as well), and she is demeaning and arrogant. Pretending somebody hit her (and by her tone of voice meaning deliberately) is appalling.

Lisa's pale blue outfit looked like Chanel to me. 

Bravo forces the HWs to wear specific clothes the last few years, especially in the reunions. There is even a color scheme.

Successful business people try to have others investing in their companies instead of them personally financing them, or borrowing.

Meredith didn't forgive Lisa, and I think her issue is that the rant was on tv for everybody to see. 

• Like 5
20 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Meredith on the other hand has thought out what she wants to say and do .... its not spontaneous its CALCULATED .. she knows what she is doing she knows she is trying to take down Lisa and her husband and their children its on purpose 

This is a good point. I know I say things when I’m pissed off, some of them terrible. To hear a rant about yourself multiple times would be infuriating. I do get where Meredith is coming from. She heard her so called friend say nasty things and wants to get back at her. I get her being calculated about it, she wants revenge. She wants to humiliate Lisa. But it looks petty and nothings really sticking. I never thought Lisa’s tequila was talking the world by storm nor her Boy Wolf crap so Merediths insults aren’t anything new. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 6
23 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Yeah, but how many of us do it with the knowledge there are cameras and/or microphones on us with the potential for our words to be broadcast on television to  strangers far and wide?

• Applause 1
18 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Yeah, but how many of us do it with the knowledge there are cameras and/or microphones on us with the potential for our words to be broadcast on television to  strangers far and wide?

When you are in that fight you arnt aware of what’s surrounding you tho .. when you are seriously fighting with someone to the point you just say whatever is coming to your head your not thinking am I mic”d up or about the people standing around you your thinking THIS DUMB beep your adrenaline is going etc etc 

again I’m not excusing what she said … I am saying what she did and what Mardeth Is doing are two totally different things 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 5

Meredith missed the big opportunity to take the highest road ever.

What Lisa said, hot-miked, and the way she said it, is unforgivable, and a friendship-ending moment.

All Meredith had to do was to say nothing.  Nothing about Lisa's SEC filing, nothing about Lisa and some guy for Utah Jazz tickets, nothing about Lisa and her ways of getting loans.  Nothing.

Meredith is making herself look just as bad here.

• Like 14
  • Love 2

This is a transcript of Meredith's rant/tirade. I can truthfully say that I have never said or felt this about anyone who was a friend or even a relative. If I found out that someone I considered to be a friend, had said these things, they would be out of my life completely. 

I don't know what their interactions were in the more than decade long friendship they had. Obviously friends can be annoying but if these go beyond normal stuff, they are out of my life. I wouldn't retain them as a "close" friend and then erupt because of years of frustration.

Meredith is forced to be around her co-worker who she found out felt these things and was willing to spew them in a situation where she knew or should have known they would become public. These aren't just minor kvetches about annoyances but are horrendous libelous statements. 

Yes what Meredith is doing is petty but the "rules" of housewives pretty much require her to state that she "forgives" or is willing to "move on" because there can't be a show if two of the cast members literally would not be in the same room with the other. Her choice is to quit or to play the cards she was dealt.

On a petty note I believe it is SHE and her family and not her and her family. A pet peeve along with the more common him and me 

Meredith can go fuck herself, I’m done with her. Cause I’m not a fucking whore and I don’t cheat on my husband. Her and her dumb fucking family that poses. Why don’t you own a house? Oh wait you can’t, cause your husband changes jobs every five minutes. Meredith is a piece of fucking shit. I had your back and I’m offended by that. Fuck you. That fucking piece of shit garbage whore. I fucking hate her. She’s a whore. She fucked half of New York. She can go fuck herself.

Edited by amarante
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1

No one is saying what Lisa said was ok .. but you are trying to excuse Meredith’s behavior has ok while vilifying Lisa .. again Meredith has every right to be mad HOWEVER she told lisa she forgave her and they could move forward.. why do this attack? She’s coming across as no better then and kinda worse 

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

again I’m not excusing what she said … I am saying what she did and what Mardeth Is doing are two totally different things

No argument.  

The only individuals I would extend any grace to on this rapidly plummeting franchise are some of the children.  

• Like 3

At this point, the only thing I am really interested in is the state of Meredith’s family finances—-seriously, why do they move so much and why does every house they live in look like it’s staged for an open house?

I find her husband a little creepy. Just a vibe.  But then again, how bad can a dude with FIVE THOUSAND EMPLOYEES!!! really be, amirite? 😏

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, Jel said:

why does every house they live in look like it’s staged for an open house?

I have a theory, they either have a ton of stuff in storage or they are minimalists or they have a small condo somewhere in town and I guess it is easier to film in a house that has a bit of privacy, no neighbors to complain about all the traffic at all hours of the day and night.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
17 hours ago, Jel said:

At this point, the only thing I am really interested in is the state of Meredith’s family finances—-seriously, why do they move so much and why does every house they live in look like it’s staged for an open house?

I find her husband a little creepy. Just a vibe.  But then again, how bad can a dude with FIVE THOUSAND EMPLOYEES!!! really be, amirite? 😏

It’s like they are in rental or something it’s odd having NOTHING on a wall and no personal items around 

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Jel said:

They can’t own a house cause her husband changes jobs every five minutes.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
On 12/24/2022 at 4:59 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I have a theory, they either have a ton of stuff in storage or they are minimalists or they have a small condo somewhere in town and I guess it is easier to film in a house that has a bit of privacy, no neighbors to complain about all the traffic at all hours of the day and night.

I think you've got it.  I've read that there are a number of housewives who rent out a place specifically for filming.  I understand the advantages of this, but the viewers want to see their real homes and as much "reality" as possible.

• Like 1
On 12/24/2022 at 6:59 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Interesting theory.  This could actually explain why, when Meredith's sister (? cousin?) was at the house, she made this awful looking "snack" of bean salad, and opened her refrigerator to reveal shelves upon shelves of every type of beverage imaginable.  This could be a "stage house", and the only food available was a can of beans, and the drinks are for show runners & staff.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
On 12/23/2022 at 9:03 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

I get what you are saying 100% but then she needs to NOT lie about what she is doing she needs to say I have a issue and I am NOT over it.. she is telling Lisa we can move forward and we can move on but her actions dont reflect that is all I am saying 

there is a difference in not having anything to do with someone and doing what Meredith is doing.. you are ignoring her intentionally going after Lisa and her husband and lying about it like WHAT I would never do that .. its on tape ... you can work with someone and take the higher ground and actually NOT attack them whenever they arnt around and do what you say you are doing or you could do what Meredith IS doing and lying and plotting and taking digs and saying OH THATS NOT ME I dont talk about you at all ... The difference is honesty and intent ..

Meredith is doing this ON purpose (and she could be justified or not) and she is LYING and trying to play innocent which makes it NO better then Lisa and her hot mic only worse because it wasn't ONE instance its OVER and OVER to anyone that will hear it 

I agree Meredith should do the 'not engaging' mode with Lisa until she can get to a place where she can have a surface friendship/co working relationship with her.

Sort of like on OC how Shannon was upset with Vicki for most of season 11 before resuming a surface friendship until the bus bombshell...which resulted in a more separate season 12 where the women filmed less together.

I think in normal situations, there would be a longer break between filming to allow the women some breathing room from one another.  And I think that might have helped the Meredith/Lisa conflict since Meredith seems more an introvert and could have used the downtime to digest the hot mic moment, work through the emotions, and come to a cordial place.

• Like 2
On 12/24/2022 at 5:18 PM, Jel said:

Yeah where did those employees come from?  In season 1 he HAD to move to the midwest for work, and now he has 5000 employees?🙄

• LOL 1

Seth Marks has been Chief Merchandising Officer for Channel Control Merchants which seems to operate various outlets which move merchandise from other suppliers and stores.

It's a fairly high level position and he has an extensive background in these kinds of mass retail operations. 

I guess he could have 5000 employees indirectly in this kind of position but they wouldn't be direct reports as most corporations have various intermediaries who report up the chain of command.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, amarante said:

Seth Marks has been Chief Merchandising Officer for Channel Control Merchants which seems to operate various outlets which move merchandise from other suppliers and stores.

It's a fairly high level position and he has an extensive background in these kinds of mass retail operations. 

I guess he could have 5000 employees indirectly in this kind of position but they wouldn't be direct reports as most corporations have various intermediaries who report up the chain of command.

For me, I think you should own the company to refer to them as your employees. Channel Control Merchants may have 5,000 employees (although Zoom Info places that number below 2,400 people), but not Seth. He may manage or lead a team. But I'd be shocked if 5000 people reported up through merchandising .

And I'd go a step further. Much like Whitney's husband, Justin, who lost his job for sexy painting on the show, Seth could lose his job for a toe on the taint, repeatedly ogling Whitney's breasts, or being on a trashy reality show. He wouldn't lose his job for Lisa's rant/tirade.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 12
2 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

For me, I think you should own the company to refer to them as your employees.

Exactly… the company could replace him .. it’s not like he goes down the entire company goes with him it’s they fire him hire someone else and this 4K employees just work under someone else 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

It's sad that Meredith and Lisa, like so many other individuals on reality shows don't quit after terrible things are said about them by their best friends, gossip sites, on social media, etc., on top of their relationship getting destroyed. Fame is more important. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, ZettaK said:

It's sad that Meredith and Lisa, like so many other individuals on reality shows don't quit after terrible things are said about them by their best friends, gossip sites, on social media, etc., on top of their realtionship getting destroyed. Fame is more important. 

I don't get this either. 

I understand that they've signed contracts for this season, but they will appear again....and again.  Because their fame, their IG clout, the money they make is more important.

Why would anyone do this?

IRL, if you heard a friend say these things about you, you'd never speak to them again, and you'd be very careful in social circles to skirt by them.  But on these shows, these women go on....and on....and on.

All for what?  Mental health is more important than a few likes.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

IRL, if you heard a friend say these things about you, you'd never speak to them again, and you'd be very careful in social circles to skirt by them.  But on these shows, these women go on....and on....and on.

It's got to be exhausting.  I'm 55 and I don't think I've ever had a conversation with a friend about "being accountable" or "moving past this" 😄

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
16 minutes ago, princelina said:

It's got to be exhausting.  I'm 55 and I don't think I've ever had a conversation with a friend about "being accountable" or "moving past this" 😄

I have had that conversation with a co-worker, multiple times, and it is exhausting.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
26 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I have had that conversation with a co-worker, multiple times, and it is exhausting.

Yeah I guess the difference with these ladies is that they are just coworkers, while we are expected to believe that they are friends.  I know that Meredith and Lisa claimed to be friends coming in, but I'll bet their relationship was more "frenemies" all along!

• Like 3
On 12/27/2022 at 4:54 PM, princelina said:

I just respond with:

"Oh look! The ponies are by the pool!"

And then I walk away.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 10