Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E14: Which Wife is Next?

Ms.Lulu
  • Start Topic

I feel like Kody should be calling his kids to find out what his kids are doing for the holidays. 

I'm thinking he doesn't have their numbers...

Robyn as the donky going round and round, used as an example of what a good communicator she is???  I'd think that someone going in circles would be an example of a bad communicator, but what do I know?  🤷‍♀️

At least he made sure we knew that his comparing his wife to an ass was meant as a compliment.

I didn't have the ability to rewind and rewatch anything, so please jump in and correct me if I missed something. But did Meri not say that she was about to address the fact that Kodi has been treating her the same way that he is accusing Christine of treating him? Cut to commercial. Back to the show. And then... *insert balloon deflating* Nothing?

YES! YES! What did she say? I don't think they ever came back to her.

I would rather be at a Janelle/Christine/and their kids holiday than a holiday at the Precious Moments mansion. Also, Logan's wife Michelle looks like she is good at planning holiday festivities and such (judging from photos). I wish she would invite me to their get togethers. 

Agreed! Or at least come to my house, decorate and prepare the food.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

And what was the reference to "alcoholic families" he used twice? What was the "donkey turning the wheel" analogy, which, apparently is a "compliment to Robyn" because it means she is helping the family to get to the root of their issues?

Sounded to me like he was calling Robyn an ass who walks around in a circle turning a wheel. The alcoholic families reference might be a dig at Janelle and Christine's kids who like to have a beer or a drink. Didn't Kody at one time claim to be a teetotaler?

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
Just now, 65mickey said:

Sounded to me like he was calling Robyn an ass who walks around in a circle turning a wheel. The alcoholic families reference might be a dig at Janelle and Christine's kids who like to have a beer or a drink. Didn't Kody at one time claim to be a teetotaler?

It was his long winded way of saying that he didn't want to gather for Christmas and all pretend like nothing had happened - like how alcoholic families get drunk and fight and then the next day don't remember that they fought (or know that they fought but sit around pretending like it didn't happen). It wasn't the greatest analogy.

• Like 11
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Oh and Kody going through Janelle's apartment saying it was so small and other petty comments made me want to punch him in the face. Not everyone can live in a mansion Kody. It does not matter anyway since he probably isn't there much anyway.

He is still angry that Janelle didn't buy Christine's house but even if she did, he would have found reasons that it wasn't up to his standards. What he should be thinking about is "gee, if I'm committed to making these marriages work, I'll suffer the inconvenience of restricted bedside table space on the one night a week I stay with Janelle.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, juicyfruit said:

I didn't have the ability to rewind and rewatch anything, so please jump in and correct me if I missed something. But did Meri not say that she was about to address the fact that Kodi has been treating her the same way that he is accusing Christine of treating him? Cut to commercial. Back to the show. And then... *insert balloon deflating* Nothing?

They briefly came back to Meri after the commercial break. She basically said it’s frustrating because what Kody is complaining  Christine did to him - is what he did to Meri. Specifically, that Kody wanted Christine to work on their relationship but Christine didn’t want to. Meri wanted Kody to work on their relationship but Kody didn’t want to.  It was a brief, but pointed, moment.

• Like 14
  • Love 10
Just now, Cancun said:

They briefly came back to Meri after the commercial break. She basically said it’s frustrating because what Kody is complaining  Christine did to him - is what he did to Meri. Specifically, that Kody wanted Christine to work on their relationship but Christine didn’t want to. Meri wanted Kody to work on their relationship but Kody didn’t want to.  It was a brief, but pointed, moment.

Right. If someone could point that hypocrisy out to Kody for his explanation, I'd be most appreciative.

Also, I really wish at some point Janelle would have stood up and said "we have had two in person conversations and I am still the only wife who does not have a permanent place to live. We as a family need to figure out how we are going to get me into a house on the property by XX date." That is an immediate and pressing need that the family is ignoring, so lets unleash some of the power of sister wives working together to get Jenelle into a home...

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

From Janelle’s description of the holiday logistics and the vacation rental they secured, it sounded they would have the rental for several weeks.

If I didn’t know Meri (and her fussiness about her home), I would wonder if Meri was renting them all her huge home in Flag while she holes up at Lizzie’s B & B.

Nothing says family like charging them to stay at your home…

Edited by Cancun
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Well Robyn and Kody's jig is up. They are stuck with each other. They'll now spend their marriage gaslighting each other because there is no one else left.

Why does Janelle still love Kody?

Why is Cardboard Meri still there?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I love how Kody keeps raging about all the "sacrifices" he's made for these women.  Seriously?  What sacrifices?  Everything has been his way all the time.  I think this is just more delusional reframing he's done over the years to "justify" being married to so many women.  It was a sacrifice, like he was really only interested in monogamy but his faith made him seek out plural marriage.  Yeah, right, sure.  It was really the other way around.  This guy had testosterone to spare when he was young.  He was more likely spinning it in his mind that plural marriage was what God wanted of him rather than fess up to himself that it gave him a convenient moral justification to "have his cake and eat it too" and fed his massive ego to be "king" of his own little harem.

And I also don't think it's any coincidence that as he went into his 50's he didn't have the patience or motivation to juggle so many women at one time.  As his testosterone levels fell, so did his interest in women, so he was more than satisified with one that he chose for more than just sex and procreation.  Meanwhile the others just became a nuisance and responsibility, maybe even a "noose" around his neck, so he started to ignore them and their children more and gave them the message that they were not wanted.  And maybe THAT is what he's ranting on about as the "sacrifices" he's made.  The sacrifices he's talking about involve not cutting the rest of them loose completely even though he was more than satisfied with just Robyn.  And all of his talk about the Covid rules stuff was just a smokescreen to hide what he was really doing, which was in effect cutting the rest of them loose without having to take ownership of it.  What a selfish asshole!  This is no surprise to any of us, though. 

There’s one thing I’d add to this. I don’t think he was ever crazy about any of the first three. Then he finally got the fourth wife, was was hot, well, an FLDS hot.  So he just wanted only her. 

1 minute ago, MsMalin said:

The only way Janelle children CAN talk about him is behind his back because he is never there to say it to his face.

It's not all beer and skittels. Am I the only one who never heard that saying before?

Kodyvirus  keeps saying the kids don't call him. Um, can't he call them?

I’ve actually heard the beer and Skittles saying. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I think we're seeing how plural marriage doesn't work unless the women are all self-effacing martyrs that will always defer to their breast-beating throwback-patriarch of a husband.  And Christine and Janelle might have ben willing to do that while they were getting something out of the relationship, but as they have matured and become more exposed to non-plural society they have become more willing to stand up for their needs and not bow to his "authorit-eye" at their own expense.  And as he has basically pulled away from them and toward Robyn he has given them all good reason to do so.   And true to his narcissistic nature this only makes him beat his breast, cry victim and blame everyone for not showing him "respect".  The more some of the wives stand up for their needs, the worse he gets and the more he reveals his true ugly self.  

Both he and Robyn are liars, spinning everything to make themselves look like the victims here.  It's everyone else's fault, they wanted to "work things out", it's everyone else that was making that impossible.  Yeah, but that would mean everyone else has to accept that Robyn is the only wife Kody REALLY wants and he is basically done with everyone else.  Neither of them can look in the mirror and see just exactly how they caused all of this.  If they did they would have to accept some of the blame for the situation and neither of them is willing to do that.  So they continue to make Christine and Janelle feel to blame and then act like they weren't blaming them when they call them out on it.  Robyn and Kody are liars caught in their own lies but unable to even see how they're caught dead-to-rights.  It's on camera, even the audience with the little glimpse we get into this sees it as plain as day.  

I think Meri is playing the long-game with Kody.  She thinks that if she sits there and doesn't desert him like Christine and Janelle he will start to value her more for her loyalty.  Actually that kind of strategy might work with a narcissist because they tend to show favor to those that are loyal to them through thick and thin.  But my question is "why?"  What could she possibly think is attractive about him now after he's shown himself to be a selfish, patriarchal narcissist?  Is that who she really wants to be with?  I still can't figure her out.  I think she may be locked in this pathetic cycle where she can't feel valuable without his approval.  I really don't know, it perplexes me.  I keep wondering if there isn't another selfish, more materialistic reason Meri is sticking around.

I don’t think the long game will work. Kody is 100% revolted by Meri and wants her to go. He even said Meri is the one being loyal and he wants nothing to do with her. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 4
  • Love 9
48 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I don’t think the long game will work. Kody is 100% revolted by Meri and wants her to go. He even said Meri is the one being loyal and he wants nothing to do with her. 

Meri is kicking herself in the ass now. If she didn't agree to divorce Kody and didn't get catfished she'd be this 🤏🏽 close to being the last one standing.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

All he sacrificed TRYING to love her and she up and leaves his sacrificial hide.  What DO these thankless women want from him?   Oh, woe is the Kotex kidney bean. 

And yet, plural marriage is HARD for men. It's not all beer and skittles. Of course not, you don't even DRINK beer. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

He has to do EVERYTHING. "To SAVE you!"

Funny how whenever I heard him talk about the Covid rules, he always said, "I have to protect myself."

Put a sock in it, douchecanoe.

• Like 3
  • Love 12

Is Robyn going to try and turn Meri asking Kody for a break into, they all pushed him at me?

And if they all pushed Kody at her, how could she not know there was trouble?

Which is it Robyn?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I will admit I might have screamed when Robyn said something about if nobody wanted to be in the family  she "needed to know". Who died and made her the boss? Meri and Janelle let that one go and I don't understand it.

Why does Janelle put up with the inequity? Rhetorical question actually since she's been doing it for decades but she evidently reached her limit this year and good for her. And Christine leaving might have inspired her more.

This train wreck is coming to an end I think and that's a very good thing.

• Like 7
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I will admit I might have screamed when Robyn said something about if nobody wanted to be in the family  she "needed to know". Who died and made her the boss? Meri and Janelle let that one go and I don't understand it.

Maybe they let it go because it was so bizarre that they didn't pay it any attention. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

The only way Janelle children CAN talk about him is behind his back because he is never there to say it to his face.

It's not all beer and skittels. Am I the only one who never heard that saying before?

Kodyvirus  keeps saying the kids don't call him. Um, can't he call them?

I guess we just don’t understand.
Kody is the king and kings don’t call their subjects. Subjects beg and plead for the king’s attention. Their refusal to do this infuriates him and his queen so of course he is justified in dishing out whatever abuse he feels is necessary.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I loved Robyn’s nonverbal - a really big swallow, eyes flitting everywhere while slowing nodding after Meri said  “Robyn, you know where I stand. I’m still here…blah, blah, blah.”  You know Robyn was thinking “Crap, Meri - he doesn’t want YOU to stay! My question was for Janelle!”

It’s true, by then there really wasn’t anyone left to consider except Janelle. And now we know how/when that turned out. Teehee!

• Like 5
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Robyn is a good example of the saying "play stupid games, win stupid prizes."  She now has Kody all to herself and she has to put up with his horrible antics forever with no respite from the other wives.  Imagine the act she has to put on all the time to prevent him from exploding. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Robyn is a good example of the saying "play stupid games, win stupid prizes."  She now has Kody all to herself and she has to put up with his horrible antics forever with no respite from the other wives.  Imagine the act she has to put on all the time to prevent him from exploding. 

Eh, I don't know. Without a wife's arm up his puppet hole, I really don't think Kody has an independent thought.

• Like 6
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, KateHearts said:

And what was the reference to "alcoholic families" he used twice?

I think that's a reference to how Janelle handles conflict.  In an earlier season one of them said that Janelle and Kody never talked about their issues.  Instead they didn't talk about it and went on as if everything was okay until the issue was forgotten about.  There were all those therapy sessions with Meri too where Janelle said her usual reaction to conflict and aggression was to retreat.  So rather than taking his share of the responsibility for this relationship dynamic Kody makes a disparaging disrespectful comment to Janelle.  He could have sat Janelle down at any point in their long relationship and calmly and respectfully talked out their differences.  He could have taken the lead.  He blathers on about respect, but respect is a two way street.  He has shown no respect to Janelle when she has voiced any opinion that differed from his and he has openly mocked her in the talking heads.  In season 16 (yes folks I'm almost caught up) Janelle is trying to talk to Kody about not kicking Garrison and Gabriel out of HER house and in the talking head Kody's first response is "Blah, blah, blah, blah".  Great model of how to be respectful there Kody.....NOT.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

It is interesting that Kody doesn't like that Christine is bringing kids to Flagstaff so that they can see the family.

It is shocking that he doesn't like the idea that they would stay in a neutral place. He wants them at his house (meaning Robyn's house).

But at least Meri acknowledges that she would do the same thing that Janelle is doing--spending the holidays with her children.

• Yes, Meri did acknowledge that, but did she say if she was going to spend the holidays with Leon? They didn't even discuss if Leon was coming for the holidays. 
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

They don’t need Robyn trying to be the chairman in the meeting 

But, but ... Robyn is the donkey turning the wheel, making her the great communicator. Kody made her the boss of the meeting so he can just erupt periodically with nonsensical crazy crap.

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1