Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Arrivederci

• Start Topic

Portia is nuts. If she thought Jack was going to kill her why would she wait until she was on a quiet street, alone with him IN HIS CAR to confront him. Surely if she was going to confront him it would be in the very public street where he couldn’t potentially hurt her. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Basically, it was a happy, upbeat ending for nearly everyone, other than the mass murder on the yacht and Tanya's death.

Valentina has gotten herself pretty much together, and initially was polite to Giuseppe and Salvatore in giving them bad news, and only acted with rage when they started resisting and arguing. Her anger was appropriate, I thought, and I applauded her.

Mia gets a job as the singer/piano player. Lucia got all those Euros.

Portia and Albie got played, but it worked out ok and they learned lessons and may get together. 

Ethan and Harper seem to have worked things out, by hook or by crook.

Domenic now has a chance with his ex-wife.

Edited by Pike Ludwell
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

This is amazing, @SnazzyDaisy! I can appreciate little details like this, if this is indeed Mike White foreshadowing Tanya's death as early as Ep3.

One quibble though - she didn't get blown up. She doinked her head  on the way down. LOL!

Meh:
Blown up / blowed up / head doinked 
TomAto / tomAHto / splat

😁

BCB6F5C2-EE71-4EDF-B757-5DDF1607964A.thumb.jpeg.cf8b5dca3d81584b8c9da419d8628681.jpeg

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 3
15 minutes ago, Milburn Stone said:

Interesting! So in your theory, Greg has nothing to do with the plot.

That would make sense with Quentin's utterly uncomprehending look to Tanya. "Greg? You're going on about Greg again?" (Dies.)

But how would Quentin suddenly run into a windfall of money (as Jack was alluding) if the only plan is to kill Tanya without  involving her husband (the person who is actually going to come into money when his wife dies)?

That's why I was thinking the con is to get Tanya to "invest" into restoring these old villas, when Quentin brought it up that it's rather sad there's only few people like him and his friends that care about restoring old buildings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Milburn Stone said:

Interesting! So in your theory, Greg has nothing to do with the plot.

That would make sense with Quentin's utterly uncomprehending look to Tanya. "Greg? You're going on about Greg again?" (Dies.)

I think Greg was definitely involved, but he's not, you know, the mob. Hopefully, cuz I hate Greg, the mob goes after HIM if he gets Tanya's money. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, luna1122again said:

I think she's just terrified. I would be. Jack pretty much let her know the mafia is behind whatever was going on, told her not to go to the hotel, dropped her near the airport, where I assume she went immediately. She tried to call Tanya. When she was unable to reach her, she assumed the worst, and that was pretty much verified when Albie told her about the bodies in the ocean and the yacht. 

I was a 20 year old idiot once too, but if I thought the mob might be after me, and was advised to get out of town ASAP, I'm going, no matter what has happened to the boss who had always treated me like shit. The very last thing I'd be worried about at that point was the stupid job. 

You think she knows the dead body is Tanya?  I didn't get that sense at all.  

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, dmc said:

You think she knows the dead body is Tanya?  I didn't get that sense at all.  

It was my impression that she definitely suspected it, or that she was one of the bodies on the yacht, when Albie mentioned it. I could be wrong. So much was left up to interpretation. 

• Like 5
  • Love 9
Just now, luna1122again said:

It was my impression that she definitely suspected it, or that she was one of the bodies on the yacht, when Albie mentioned it. I could be wrong. So much was left up to interpretation. 

Yes.  I couldn’t tell if Harper really kissed Cameron, my thought was she lied to get Ethan to leave her alone.  And if Ethan cheated with Daphne.  Also where is Greg? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Milburn Stone said:

So in your theory, Greg has nothing to do with the plot.

Hell no. I think Greg is definitely involved. Just smart enough to not do the dirty work.

I think this will all get swept under the rug by the police. Tanya's fingerprints are on the gun. The captain will testify she was a nut, and the presence of a mafiosa will make the police turn away from the case. Bad for the tourist business, isolated incident, damned foreigners.

• Like 2
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, dmc said:

Yes.  I couldn’t tell if Harper really kissed Cameron, my thought was she lied to get Ethan to leave her alone.  And if Ethan cheated with Daphne.  Also where is Greg? 

I tend to think Cameron kissed Harper, that Ethan and Daphne did something of a sexual nature, and yes, where the hell is Greg? Of all the things that weren't spelled out for us, I really wish we'd seen him again, to get some context and confirmation. 

• Love 5

Saw this on Reddit, must be lines I missed, probably when Tanya was talking on the phone to Portia while she was on the yacht.

"These gays are trying to kill me."

"So they can decorate their house or whatever."

Portia grabbed Jack's phone when he announced he was going to take a shit and then drive her to Taormina.

What guy doesn't take his phone to the shitter?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, luna1122again said:

and yes, where the hell is Greg?

Recalling Tanya musing in an earlier episode that maybe she should have her marriage annulled, possibly she actually did contact her lawyer and started the annulment proceedings.
Then, maybe Greg hears of all the deaths, assumes the Mafia is cleaning house, and gleefully agrees to the annulment in exchange for the lawyer providing him with an untraceable name change and perhaps a few hundred thousand settlement.
Don't ask me who then inherits Tanya's billions unless you want another paragraph.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Wouldn’t it be hilarious if there were no murder plot? If the entire plan was just to manipulate her into donating millions? The only proof we really have comes from the Brit, who was completely deranged. Maybe the gays lied to him to keep him as a sex toy…or maybe once Portia confronted him he decided to play along and convinced her to go home to get her out of the way. The picture could have been an unfortunate coincidence. Not a theory, just spitballing and having fun. 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I think whether Ethan and Daphne hooked up is open to interpretation but I choose to believe that they didn't. I think Cameron's wife flirting with him was enough for Ethan. He just needed to know he could screw Cameron over if he wanted to. I also thought Cameron pulling up a chair at dinner after Ethan's and his fight just that afternoon was like, wow. Really, dude? I can't even tell from Ethan's side if he still considers Cameron his friend. I hope not.

I thought that it was that guy thing where one guy can't respect the other until they physically fight it out. Cameron thought Ethan was a wuss when he was able to snag all the women Ethan had his eye on. When Ethan actually physically attacked him, it was like, finally, he's a "man." I don't condone, in fact, I hate it, but a lot of guys think that way.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, aghst said:

Portia grabbed Jack's phone when he announced he was going to take a shit and then drive her to Taormina.

What guy doesn't take his phone to the shitter?

Yes. Jack announcing he was going to take a crap and then leaving his phone like that seemed like he was already not happy to continue his "job" of isolating Portia from Tanya. I think Portia asking if she was being "kidnapped" kind of woke him up to what he was doing and what was still being done to him, despite the little luxuries, and that he wanted to free Portia while having some shred of plausible deniability. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

But I don't think Greg was Quentin's lover or he would have mentioned that when talking about Steve.

My feeling is that Greg and Quentin were lovers and still loved each other. I believe Quentin was the one Greg was talking to on the phone at the beginning of the season. There was no Steve. Quentin hesitated ever so slightly when Tanya asked him who was in the photo, then he lied and said Steve. Of course it was Greg.

Greg wanted her money. Maybe he targeted her from the start (S1). I always did find his interest in her to be suspect. And maybe he has always maintained contact with Quentin (Quentin lied to Tanya about his love for the cowboy being unrequited.) 

But I'm fuzzy on the plan. Why did Quentin arrange for Tanya to have sex with Niccoló? And what was with the red light in the bedroom, seemingly recording the encounter? Seems that was for evidence of Tanya's infidelity, and yet it sure seemed from Niccoló's black bag that violence was intended. 

Some here have said that it was ridiculous that Tanya's lawyers would put the clause in there re infidelity, but I can easily see Greg sweet-talking her and Tanya completely believing in his honesty and good intent.

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It was entirely too convenient for Tanya to find that photo and entirely too convenient for Quentin to leave it for her to find in the very spot he had arranged for her to have her tryst with Niccolo. I know a lot of people have tried to hand-wave that by saying "Oh, well, he forgot it was there, honest mistake," but if he's still involved with Greg and plotting with him to have his wife murdered then we're expected to believe he's a cunning mastermind and a blithering idiot at the same time. And he was entirely too calm about it when she pointed it out to him.

I'm not hand-waving, but I have no problem believing that Quentin just wouldn't think about that photo. The dresser was full of pictures of Quentin's friends/family/lovers. I don't see him as a cunning mastermind. He's charming and manipulative and just knows how to play people. I doubt he went over every detail beforehand as if he were in Oceans 11.

2 hours ago, ichbin said:

They are also two of the most despicable characters of this season.  Totally self-involved  schemers and users.

Yeah, I couldn't stand either Lucia or Mia. I thought both were terrible people. So of course they got what they wanted.

Something else I wondered about was when Cameron gave Lucia the money he owed her. I think we were supposed to suspect that he wasn't as rich as he pretended to be, and so he didn't have the cash to pay her. So I wondered if his paying her was to show us that yes he is rich, he wasn't after Ethan's money (except to get him to invest). 

• Like 6
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

But I don't think Greg was Quentin's lover or he would have mentioned that when talking about Steve.

Why would he have admitted that to her then? He--along with Greg-- was actively lying to her to either set her up or kill her or both. There is no Steve, "Steve" is Greg. 

• Like 5
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, luna1122again said:

I tend to think Cameron kissed Harper, that Ethan and Daphne did something of a sexual nature, and yes, where the hell is Greg? Of all the things that weren't spelled out for us, I really wish we'd seen him again, to get some context and confirmation. 

Yes.  Maybe next season we will see Greg with meet a new wife he plans to murder at a new hotel.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I'm not hand-waving, but I have no problem believing that Quentin just wouldn't think about that photo. The dresser was full of pictures of Quentin's friends/family/lovers. I don't see him as a cunning mastermind. He's charming and manipulative and just knows how to play people. I doubt he went over every detail beforehand as if he were in Oceans 11.

I was a little confused, and the party was filmed very disjointedly. Tanya said she was just wandering around the palazzo when she found the photograph, and that it was in Quentin's bedroom -- which makes sense. Was Nicolo seducing Tanya in Quentin's bedroom?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

So lessons that were learned -

Portia: Get a better job

Albie: Don't hand $50K of daddy's money to a hooker who's pretending to like you to get daddy's money

Tanya: (in retrospect) Don't try jumping 20 feet off a yacht onto a smaller boat, hold the captain at gunpoint and just make him drive you to shore

Harper & Ethan: Might as well love each other or someone else will  ??? 

24 minutes ago, dmc said:

Yes.  Maybe next season we will see Greg with meet a new wife he plans to murder at a new hotel.

Since Tanya is dead, won't he just get her money anyway? 

I don't think he counted on his gay lover dying too though. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Now that the entire season is done and we have the benefit of hindsight of who these characters are, these are my preferences on the hotel guest who ended up dead:

1. Ethan - Harper needs to be free from him. For me, he turned out to be the worst character among all hotel guests.

2. Portia - she's her own true crime episode with the way she dealt with Jack, she's really lucky she ended up alive when her boss didn't make it.

3. Albie - like his father said, such an easy mark. Good thing Lucia only wanted him for his money, not his life.

4. Tanya - maybe Mike White is right and it's time to finish her story.

I don't have quite strong feelings for the others so I guess they can live. I guess the only want I don't want to die that way was Bert, since it would be so tragic for an old man to drown in the Ionian Sea when he went to Sicily for a homecoming, that he didn't quite get.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

The fates of the characters are also probably determined by the availability of these actors.

Some like Coolidge are big names and may not have wanted to do more seasons.

Same with Hollander, who probably has a lot of offers for parts.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Off the wall theory just for fun:  maybe Quentin had kept track of Greg all along because of young unrequited love but pretends it's just friendship.  So he subtly gets Greg interested in Sicily.  If he's a long term stalker, maybe he knows Greg is having an affair with another woman.  So he takes advantage of Greg's absence to get Tanya alone and tries to (again subtly) get her to donate $$$.  When that doesn't work, brings in the gigalo to get blackmail footage.  But the overall plan is to kidnap Tanya for ransom.  The ropes and duct tape seem more in that direction.  Once they have her alone, they can either have her arrange a ransom or contact Greg and threaten him with exposure for his affair if he doesn't arrange the ransom.

Somehow I feel that kidnapping and ransom is an old tradition in that part of the world.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsR said:

Hell no. I think Greg is definitely involved. Just smart enough to not do the dirty work.

So, in your earlier post, you posited that if Quentin had been able to get Tanya to fund the upkeep of the palace, he wouldn't have had to kill her. Assuming he planned to share the money with Greg, I guess the two of them were willing to split $50 million or so, rather than $500 million. (Even a duped Tanya wouldn't have handed Quentin her entire fortune.) Not counting the mafia's share. Wow, Greg settles cheap!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

I was a little confused, and the party was filmed very disjointedly. Tanya said she was just wandering around the palazzo when she found the photograph, and that it was in Quentin's bedroom -- which makes sense. Was Nicolo seducing Tanya in Quentin's bedroom?

Also, I've seen Gosford Park at least 7 or 8 times, and I will always think of Tom Hollander as the jam eater.

1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

Something else I wondered about was when Cameron gave Lucia the money he owed her. I think we were supposed to suspect that he wasn't as rich as he pretended to be, and so he didn't have the cash to pay her. So I wondered if his paying her was to show us that yes he is rich, he wasn't after Ethan's money (except to get him to invest). 

To me Cameron came across like the oblivious rich person to whom that amount of money is so trivial that he just couldn’t be bothered to deal with it in a timely manner and it didn’t even cross his mind that to Lucia it was a lot of money. Also sleazy enough to think the services were already rendered so why bother paying up.

1 minute ago, CatWarmer said:

Off the wall theory just for fun:  maybe Quentin had kept track of Greg all along because of young unrequited love but pretends it's just friendship.  So he subtly gets Greg interested in Sicily.  If he's a long term stalker, maybe he knows Greg is having an affair with another woman.  So he takes advantage of Greg's absence to get Tanya alone and tries to (again subtly) get her to donate $$$.  When that doesn't work, brings in the gigalo to get blackmail footage.  But the overall plan is to kidnap Tanya for ransom.  The ropes and duct tape seem more in that direction.  Once they have her alone, they can either have her arrange a ransom or contact Greg and threaten him with exposure for his affair if he doesn't arrange the ransom.

Somehow I feel that kidnapping and ransom is an old tradition in that part of the world.

Interesting theory. Of course that would also mean Quentin doesn’t know that Greg isn’t really the one who could come up with the money!

Personally, I still wish the dead body had been Greg’s. He was pretty contemptuous of Tanya.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, luna1122again said:

Why would he have admitted that to her then? He--along with Greg-- was actively lying to her to either set her up or kill her or both. There is no Steve, "Steve" is Greg. 

I know Steve is Greg but why talk about the "Cowboy" (Steve/Greg) at all?  In talking about his Cowboy, he made sure to mention that it was an unrequited/platonic (iirc) relationship but he could always call and Quentin would do anything for him. 

Not once did he reveal that the Cowboy he was talking about was Greg so there'd be no reason to lie about the nature of that relationship. In fact, it looks like he was very honest about how much Steve/Greg means to him in that it looks like he planned to kill Tanya for him.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Wouldn’t it be hilarious if there were no murder plot? If the entire plan was just to manipulate her into donating millions? The only proof we really have comes from the Brit, who was completely deranged. Maybe the gays lied to him to keep him as a sex toy…or maybe one Portia confronted him he decided to play along and convinced her to go home to get her out of the way. The picture could have been an unfortunate coincidence. Not a theory, just spitballing and having fun. 

It’s interesting to see it that way, that this was all in Tanya’s head and her paranoia turned into overdrive because she heard Greg talk to someone else and then she saw his photo in Quentin’s villa.

But I think if it really was just that, Quentin would have pushed Tanya into having her join them into “restoring” old villas, while laundering her money as they get it. But Quentin didn’t do that. And the fact that towards the end of the night, he kept on pushing Tanya that it’s time to go with Niccolo, alone, would make anyone think, even Tanya that he’s up to no good.

It would have been much better for his cause had he continued to butter up Tanya more. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

But I think if it really was just that, Quentin would have pushed Tanya into having her join them into “restoring” old villas, while laundering her money as they get it. But Quentin didn’t do that. And the fact that towards the end of the night, he kept on pushing Tanya that it’s time to go with Niccolo, alone, would make anyone think, even Tanya that he’s up to no good.

It would have been much better for his cause had he continued to butter up Tanya more. 

I know Tanya was a dim bulb, but I kept thinking she might offer to fund a restoration and propose a partnership as a last-ditch effort to save herself. Like something that might appear to them to be a plausible, alternate way of taking advantage of her besides murdering her. If the coke-fueled party, opera & orchestrated sex with the hitman wasn’t part of a larger plan, it must have been a little bit based in guilt - their idea of a perfect evening before they off her - which would make me think they might be open to other avenues to get ahold of her money. If she had suggested meeting in the morning to open an account for them so they can fund the arts or something, would that have bought her some time? 

ETA: I wouldn’t have expected Portia to do anything other that what she did in the end. I’d assume I couldn’t exactly call 9-1-1 on the mafia in Sicily, and she was justifiably worried about her own safety. It was bizarre and gross how casually she got past the murder of her boss, though, considering how anxious she had been to warn her. She had to have known the body was Tanya’s…how many yachts would be docked near the hotel? And the delivery of “she’s not exactly answering her phone” was a tell.

Edited by RedInk
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

Palazzo, not piazza.

I really wanted Harper to tell Ethan off when he kept insisting she was lying while expecting her to believe him despite the condom wrapper. What a hypocrite!

I also really want someone out there to start a band named Tanya and the High-end Gays!

I have a running list of band names, and High End Gays is on it. My current band didn't go for it, though. :(

• Wink 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Some like Coolidge are big names and may not have wanted to do more seasons.

Why wouldn't they?  Look where they film:  the FOUR SEASONS in Hawaii and Sicily!  Beats a soundstage in Queens.  And next season, it appears to be a luxury resort in the South Pacific.

And there are only 6 or 7 episodes and you don't have to carry the entire show.

That would seem to be an ideal situation for any actor.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Why wouldn't they?  Look where they film:  the FOUR SEASONS in Hawaii and Sicily!  Beats a soundstage in Queens.  And next season, it appears to be a luxury resort in the South Pacific.

And there are only 6 or 7 episodes and you don't have to carry the entire show.

That would seem to be an ideal situation for any actor.  

And there's nothing to prevent the timeline of Season 3 from taking place before Season 1. (I really hope we don't see Tanya again, though.)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MrWhyt said:

its Tanya, she's dead, deceased, passed on, shuffled off this mortal coil, joined the choir invisible, pining for the fjords. She is an Ex-Heiress

Actually, the only reason I was confused was because another poster insisted that “Tanya” was back for a Series 3 according to the media (I moaned about ‘spoilers’ then and he replied it wasn’t a spoiler since it was openly asserted in the media).  So in my mind perhaps Tanya could have been ‘saved’ somehow, even if turned into a bit of a ludicrous cliffhanger for the next series.  Annoying.  Realise it’s best to keep away from these forums and just enjoy the film/tv myself without interjections and spoilers.  Next time I will.

I still think it was a good series - as I said great acting from so many, interesting scripts, and the music track was fabulous.  

Edited by DawnGame
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I still think those are his kids.  I really don't believe she was saying those were her trainers kids, just that she has her fun but stays in her terrible marriage FOR the kids. 

One review of the finale felt that they may not be Cameron’s kids based on the scene in which he did not seem interested in talking to them in the hotel room while he was flossing.  I am not sure I agree with that but it could mean something.

9 minutes ago, Dminches said:

One review of the finale felt that they may not be Cameron’s kids based on the scene in which he did not seem interested in talking to them in the hotel room while he was flossing.  I am not sure I agree with that but it could mean something.

I don’t think Daphne would have kids with someone who isn’t her husband. Hee kids would be her leverage if he ever wanted to leave or if She decided to kick him out. Having kids with her pt just wouldn’t be smart and she’s clearly a smart woman.

Edited by Avabelle
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, DawnGame said:

Actually, the only reason I was confused was because another poster insisted that “Tanya” was back for a Series 3 according to the media (I moaned about ‘spoilers’ then and he replied it wasn’t a spoiler since it was openly asserted in the media).  So in my mind perhaps Tanya could have been ‘saved’ somehow, even if turned into a bit of a ludicrous cliffhanger for the next series.  Annoying.  Realise it’s best to keep away from these forums and just enjoy the film/tv myself without interjections and spoilers.  Next time I will.

For what it's worth, it seems that there's a good chunk of the WL fanbase who also couldn't believe it was Tanya. So Jennifer Coolidge herself put the rumors to rest:

https://ew.com/tv/jennifer-coolidge-white-lotus-season-2-finale-ending-tanyas-death/

• Thanks 7
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

My point was I could see this elaborate plot if Greg intended to be with Quentin and was invested in the Piazza but if he was just looking for someone to kill her for pay, a lone hit man would be a safer choice than a large group of people ( including Jack and the boat captain), all of whom would know about the killing and would expect something in return.

You're assuming Quentin has the connections for an actual hitman. 

Everything we saw on screen leads me to believe that Niccolò was exactly what Quentin said he was: Quentin's drug dealer / gigolo, and that Quentin hired him to do the actual killing because a) nobody in Quentin's group had the balls to actually do the deed, and b) he was the only actual criminal they actually knew.

Jack's talk of dangerous people Portia shouldn't mess with was just that... talk. They're just a bunch of broke patrician expats playing at being criminal masterminds in a Patricia Highsmith novel.

When you think about it, all the holes people on this threat have been poking in Greg & Quentin's scheme are actually good writing. None of these people is a career criminal, so of course their plans is riddled with problems that might get them caught.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

For what it's worth, it seems that there's a good chunk of the WL fanbase who also couldn't believe it was Tanya. So Jennifer Coolidge herself put the rumors to rest:

https://ew.com/tv/jennifer-coolidge-white-lotus-season-2-finale-ending-tanyas-death/

Enjoyed that interview, thanks. She’s a pretty cool actress, just kinda “different”, which is refreshing from usual stereotypes.  Mike White’s characterisation too of course.

Edited by DawnGame
  • Love 3

One thing I missed is that one of the gays didn't want to go on the yacht going back to Taormina because he didn't want to be part of the plot to kill her.

That was Matteo and Quentin said something about Matteo being broken up about having to say bye to Tanya before they left his palazzo.

So Matteo was never down with the plan to kill Tanya or maybe had last-second misgivings.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I'm glad I waited to watch this all in one sitting. I didn't care for it enough to come back week after week. This show just doesn't quite hook me but it wasn't bad.

Lucia had the most lucrative 3 days ever. I can't tell whether Albie thought there was a "life after White Lotus" with Lucia or he just wanted to screw over his dad for 50K euros or some combination of both.

Portia may have had a much safer time with Albie, but man, does she have a story for the grandkids. Albie didn't end up too bad. He got to canoodle with a cute Sicilian girl and get Portia's number in the end.

Wasn't expecting the ending on the yacht, very anticlimactic.

Ethan and Daphne... ummm... they had sex, right?

20 minutes ago, DawnGame said:

Enjoyed that interview, thanks. She’s a pretty cool actress, just kinda “different”, which is refreshing from usual stereotypes.  Mike White’s characterisation too of course.

I've seen her face all the time but what were her big roles for which she's best known?

• LOL 1
21 hours ago, slowpoked said:

Well, I’ll say this - Portia and Albie do deserve each other. They’re both dim bulbs.

I like Albie!   Hated Portia because she so insensitive and uncaring about Albie’s feelings when she hung all over the hot guy. Too stupid to see a good guy right in front of her.  She does not deserve him.  

21 hours ago, Samsnee said:

If Ethan is using what he learned by watching porn, then he is absolutely horrible at sex. 

Albie screwed himself over. Only a complete idiot thinks a hooker isn’t trying to pull one over on him. 

Albie knew it wasn’t a pimp threat.  He said to his father that she should have a chance at a better life.  And maybe she’ll come to LA to visit at some point.  And maybe she will after she tires of that life. 

• Love 1

A thought about Mike White's writing  -  it seems like he does tie up some storylines, even happily for some characters, but leaves others dangling on purpose to let the audience fill in the blanks with their own assumptions and imaginations. Obviously, looking at all the comments under each episode thread, we don't disappoint!  I don't know if I would consider that brilliant writing or lazy writing.  I do feel played, much like White's characters, especially with the lack of some closure about Tanya, her  money, the gays and Greg.

• Like 4
  • Love 6