Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Jen, Lisa and Whitney unite to address their issues with Heather, but only Lisa finds common ground with Heather; Meredith copes with past family trauma; the husbands meet up for a BBQ.

Once again, MORE salty things have happened in the offseason.  Until they are mentioned in an episode, do not discuss them in the episode threads.  Spoilery conversations about particular housewives should happen in their individual threads or the media thread.

Has this cast really become so dysfunctional that the show had to bring in a whole B-squad of people (in addition to the husbands) just so each cast member has someone to talk to because they can't stand to be in scenes with each other? Because that's how it seems.

Also, I'm hoping that someone can explain to me why it is that Heather and Lisa were fine at the beginning of the season, but after a few episodes were suddenly feuding about something that happened at last season's reunion. Did they start taping this season before last's reunion?

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Steph J said:

Has this cast really become so dysfunctional that the show had to bring in a whole B-squad of people (in addition to the husbands) just so each cast member has someone to talk to because they can't stand to be in scenes with each other? Because that's how it seems.

Also, I'm hoping that someone can explain to me why it is that Heather and Lisa were fine at the beginning of the season, but after a few episodes were suddenly feuding about something that happened at last season's reunion. Did they start taping this season before last's reunion?

I think they started taping either right before or right after the reunion, hopefully to catch Jen Shah’s trail.

They definitely brought in a lot of “filler” people to this episode and season.

It feels like the season started with things the viewer doesn’t know about showing up on screen, thus leading to my confusion.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

My favorite part of this episode was the guys get together. Lisa and Meredith’s husbands talked and man hugged it out, done. Then they all offered support to Coach Shah. Too bad the wives can’t be mature enough to work through their stuff like the guys. 
So are the three new women ‘friends of’ now, they are getting a lot of air time. I guess they had to add more fights (Jen vs Dana and Angie) to this show to keep it going? 

• Love 3

Boring episode, I guess I don’t pay attention enough because I can’t remember any of the new ppl that keep showing up.

I don’t give a fuck about the choir lol what a stupid storyline.

Shut up Whitney.

Jen just keeps raging on and on. Just stop yelling and shut up pls. No one believes you are innocent either.

Didn’t we just see them go skiing? Boring lol.

The cliffhanger preview with Heather’s black eye? I bet it’s nothing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Coach Shahs get together seemed like a nice time for the guys but they were just acting. Seth wanted more remorse from John but John didn’t care. He only brought up what the ladies recently said about Lisa. They both looked very uncomfortable and then lied to Coach Shah that they were better.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, ninjago said:

I’m in love with these guys at the BBQ.  They were all so sweet and hugged each other!

I was in love with the barbecue - that brisket looked delicious!!!  

I'm sorry - I cannot stand to look at Whitney's husband for more than a minute - he always looks very flushed, like his blood pressure is at a dangerous level, plus, his smarmy grin creeps me out - he just seems very untrustworthy.  Meredith's husband always looks like he needs a good bath and washing, even when he's IN the tub (blech!!!).  Lisa's husband, John, and Coach Shah are the only two I "sort of" like.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

The awkward acting between the men was so cringey! Now, They’re doing the ‘let’s move over here with the camera to talk’ thing!? Gross. Stop it. 

Was the choir really singing 2 feet away from Heather and Lisa’s one on one? Lol Come on, producers! You have to at least Try to make this stuff seem a little real.

And I’m with Heather, what is Whitney’s glitch? It seems like Heather’s taken aback that Whitney is using her for a storyline. That’s why Heather ‘runs away’ She’s stopping the camera time Whitney’s getting from making her look like a terrible friend.  I don’t blame her. Nothing she says is good enough to make Whitney come down off the cross. 

When Jen’s not raging or stealing from people, she seems almost fun. Her talking heads anyway…maybe someone’s scripting them for her, too. 

New people are ‘eh.’ Danna? Is the most naturally pretty, seems she’s had the least fillers done lol

• Like 2
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I think they started taping either right before or right after the reunion, hopefully to catch Jen Shah’s trail.

They definitely brought in a lot of “filler” people to this episode and season.

It feels like the season started with things the viewer doesn’t know about showing up on screen, thus leading to my confusion.

The three "friends" were brought to replace Jen because her trial was up in March (during filming, but was postponed), and her future was uncertain, and Mary, and Jennie who were fired. We might see any of them as HWs next season- this was a try out. The two Angies even had talking heads in the previous episode.

Also, what happens off screen and on social media is utilized on many shows currently for a storyline (see Beverly Hills, Potomac). 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Shoulderpads are not for Jen. Her neck is too short and they make it look completely nonexistent.

My favorite part of this episode was the guys get together. Lisa and Meredith’s husbands talked and man hugged it out, done.

Despite the hug, I did not feel like Lisa's husband was done with it -- in his mind, at least. But yeah, it seems like he's more than OK with just kind of blowing it off and hanging out with the guys, which I assume is what you meant.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

I was kind of disappointed with the barbecue. I was expecting men standing around a grill, holding beverages and bonding while cooking meat over an open flame, not a catered barbecue. The food did look REALLY good, just not what comes to mind when I hear about men having a barbecue. Don't call it a barbecue if your just having the guys over for food.  Is Harry Hamlin really the only HW person that knows how to grill? 

Was I the only one asking "Who is Dannah?" when they captioned her husband?

Seth's acting was horrible. He was obviously told to have that discussion with John. Agree with @njbchlover that he always looks like he needs a good scrubbing down.  

• Like 1
  • Love 7
45 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I think I have this straight:

Whitney told everyone that there were rumors that Lisa gives BJs for Jazz tickets, and that she heard it from Angie H, with Heather standing next to her, and that Heather heard it too.

Meredith is mad at Lisa for what she said about her on her hot mic rant last season so she let it be known that there are rumors about Lisa doing favors to get investors in her companies, amongst other things. But wants it known she never said "for Jazz tickets"

Heather says she had heard rumors about Lisa, admits having discussed them with Whitney, but has no recollection of Angie H telling the Jazz ticket story. Whitney is mad at Heather for not backing up her story. Heather is mad at Whitney for not believing her.

Heather lied about the timing of a text from Lisa about her father, Lisa called her out for it on social media. Heather is mad at Lisa because now her family is mad at her for getting them involved in her HW drama. As much as she's annoyed at Lisa, she won't lie for Whitney about the rumors.

Angie H denies ever spreading the rumor, but admits that her fat f**king elf-on-a-shelf husband opened a fake IG account to slam Lisa because he was upset about things said about Angie on social media, and named it Shah Exposed. She and her husband are amongst the thirstiest people to grace the HW franchises.

Jen is LIVID about the IG account even though nothing was posted about her, and wants an apology from Angie and her fat f**king elf-on-a-shelf husband.

Lisa, somehow, is friends with Whitney. She wants to be friends with Heather, but Heather is still mad at Lisa for the end result of something she herself initiated by lying. She wants an apology from Angie H & her fat f**king elf-on-a-shelf husband for the IG account posts, but that all gets lost in Jen hysterics. 

FUN FACT: If you accidentally leave the t out of Whitney, it spells whiney.

Great recap!

Angie H. claimed she didn't remember discussing Lisa offering favors for Jazz tickets. Whitney said she heard her, Heather said she didn't. 

Jen and her husband were really angry about a Finsta which had their name, but didn't "expose", or even mention them!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I checked, and the first reunion episode of S2 aired on February 24th, 2022. Reunions tape about a month before these days. The current season started filming in February, so the women taped the reunion when filming for the new season was about to start. This is regarding the Heather lie about Lisa sending a text after her father died. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Thanks 3
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I was kind of disappointed with the barbecue. I was expecting men standing around a grill, holding beverages and bonding while cooking meat over an open flame, not a catered barbecue. The food did look REALLY good, just not what comes to mind when I hear about men having a barbecue. Don't call it a barbecue if your just having the guys over for food.  Is Harry Hamlin really the only HW person that knows how to grill? 

Was I the only one asking "Who is Dannah?" when they captioned her husband?

Seth's acting was horrible. He was obviously told to have that discussion with John. Agree with @njbchlover that he always looks like he needs a good scrubbing down.  

I saw her and still had no idea who she was until she told us she is a busy mother of 2, 8, 10(?) just trying to sell some houses, get in a work out and keep her Joe Gorga looking husband happy, it's hard and she is determined to make it all work, she is every woman, hear her roar.

Also, the amount of beverages in Lisa/Not Lisa's (I gave up trying to figure out which one is Lisa a long time ago), fridge is amazing and alarming but not one cracker for the cheese?

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Meredith's husband always looks like he needs a good bath and washing, even when he's IN the tub (blech!!!).  Lisa's husband, John, and Coach Shah are the only two I "sort of" like.

And now, no matter how serious he is trying to be, I can't stop thinking about his "taint" 😫

3 hours ago, Pi237 said:

The awkward acting between the men was so cringey! Now, They’re doing the ‘let’s move over here with the camera to talk’ thing!? Gross. Stop it.

I know!  It's annoying.  I liked that Lisa's husband barely played along with Seth.

As I say every week, I hate the Marks family.  Maybe the daughter is okay; maybe I just think that because she's wisely stayed away from most of filming.  If I'm not mistaken, the first episode of this show or two were Meredith doing the social rounds, telling everyone that she "wasn't going to talk about" the rumors she has heard about Lisa.  Watching her deny it now, using very fine lines, just makes her look like a big fat liar.  And her new storyline - nice, Meredith - got a suicidal teen?  Let's get him on tv ASAP!

36 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Does anyone else think if the show wasn't so scripted that the women would be more like the men...and hug it out...or would how they act still be like this?

I think they'd be hanging out with their real friends.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Also, what happens off screen and on social media is utilized on many shows currently for a storyline (see Beverly Hills, Potomac). 

Yes and IMO it’s making those shows unwatchable. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

No. I think it's her nephew.

It was Meredith's nephew.

5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I would assume drinkin bleach would kill you, burn your esophagus beyond repair, tear up your intestines, etc...but he is doing well and going to therapy now? How is that possible?

I thought the same. How could drinking a large bottle (that's what Meredith said) of bleach wouldn't seriously injure or kill you? 

And yes, a lot of the show is rehearsed, and not interesting amymore.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Love 3

Jen, prison or no prison…..she gotta go!!!! I can’t handle the 0-100 screaming, crying and yelling  anymore. 

I know it’s unpopular but I’m gross y’all, I find Seth’s humorous personality and unkempt look attractive  you can judge me, I judge myself too

While I have sympathy for Whitney, at some point common sense has to takes over. She needs to stop beating a dead horse by repeating the same thing over and over ,maybe she’s not smart enough to change her reproach to try and make her point but it’s becoming repetitive and annoying like Chinese water torture.  

Lisa is okay I guess except for her constant use of the word “like”  try counting when she talks, its ridiculous 

Heather and Meredith are the only one I can relate to on this franchise. probably doesn’t say much about me 

Great, two Angie’s, one  wasn’t enough?

i like Danna, don’t know why, she seems chill enough.  

SLC needs a major revamping with the cast and storylines. this whole she’s fighting with this one and friends with that that one, then she’s friends with that one and on the outs with this one again.   And always over some dumb s#*t, it’s tiring! hell I’d rather watch a show about the husbands at this point  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The hat on Jen during the talking heads is awful. The Angie that is filming with her at the pool is trying too hard and not just her Gucci bag with the Not Fake on it. I don’t get this constant kissing of Jen Shahs ass. 
Merediths nephew may have agreed to be part of her story and might even think he’s bringing mental health awareness to people struggling but these shows aren’t the place for this type of subject. Garbage whore and suicide awareness just don’t mesh. 
I hope that was the last we see of the choir. 
I would be livid if someone posted my family members obituary to “clear their name.” Lisa could have met with Heather off camera and Heather probably would announce that they worked it out.Instead viewers have to endure these horrible conversations. 
I need a break from Whiney and her voice. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, princelina said:

And her new storyline - nice, Meredith - got a suicidal teen?  Let's get him on tv ASAP!

Very stupid to put that vulnerable suicidal young man on reality TV. "Helping others" my ass.  Meredith's sister wants Bravo's checks.

Heather is clearly trying to prevent Whitney from taping with Heather while honoring her Bravo contract. I'm thinking something major happened off-camera. Or maybe it's nothing more than Heather doesn't believe Whitney's trauma story (about a mutual family member?) and cuts her off to punish her.

Whose idea was that broke-ass pitiful "choir?" We were hooting as they tried to practice with Heather and Whitney screeching six feet away. With the choir director's dramatic faces, it was like an SNL comedy sketch.

Did Bravo interns produce this season as they rushed to finish before Jen headed to the hoosegow? Because all the scenes are clumsy and transparent.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 6

Whitney was explaining during skiing why she was mad at Heather and I still didn't get it but I appreciate @SweetieDarling's recap! Now it all does make some sense.

Meredith and her sister don't look alike but sound alike.

Jenn and that fucking bullhorn. I can't stand her and if Danna wants to call her out, I'm here for it. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

Whitney was explaining during skiing why she was mad at Heather and I still didn't get it but I appreciate @SweetieDarling's recap! Now it all does make some sense.

Meredith and her sister don't look alike but sound alike.

Jenn and that fucking bullhorn. I can't stand her and if Danna wants to call her out, I'm here for it. 

My head was spinning after the last episodes trying to keep track. It's like everyone is mad at everyone else. I forgot Whitney being mad at Heather for not reaching out after Justin got fired even though Heather had no way of knowing that had occurred.

I think it's harder to sit down and try to figure out who still gets along with each other.

Has Meredith filmed much with the others? She, her droning vocal fry, and strange fashion sense have taken on an attitude of superiority. I assume, after Seth's attempted confrontation with John, that she's still upset with Lisa, but have no idea where she stands with any of the others.

I'm still baffled by Lisa & Whitney's friendship after Whit's accusations.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 11/16/2022 at 8:11 PM, CSunshine76 said:

Why does Meredith’s fridge have drinks only (and lots of them!), yet no food? And it was in the kitchen, not a garage fridge. Yep, that’s my takeaway from this episode! 

I know!  This was literally the only part of the episode I watched twice, actually pausing the video to get a better look.  I really can't figure it out.  (I spent far too much mental energy wondering where their food is kept, if they eat at home, etc. 😂)

• Wink 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Lots of examples this episode of Heather “not remembering” fights/conversations with video evidence of both the altercation/interaction and Heather saying she didn’t recall what was said or even that a fight occurred in some instances. One example, pushing Whitney out of her home a day or two before choir practice. Thus, we can only assume that she was there for the “blowies for Jazz floor seats” reveal.

i, too, was mesmerized and perplexed by Meredith’s massive fridge filled to the brim with single-serving beverage bottles. The only thing she had to feed her family was bean salad made with canned beans. She has every variety of Perrier cold and ready to drink, but only canned foods and one red onion. It was the strangest thing—let’s all eat a bowl full of white bean salad “as a snack.”

And not only that, but the way she berated her mentally fragile and suicidal nephew for spilling a little of the bean juice out of the can while opening it! Jeez! Maybe I’m sensitive because my own kid has been going through a lot emotionally/mentally this past year, but the last thing someone who is already doubting their self-worth in this world needs to hear is how useless they are and their help made things worse. Jeez, Meredith! 

• Love 7
On 11/17/2022 at 9:42 PM, skyedeveraux said:

SLC needs a major revamping with the cast and storylines. this whole she’s fighting with this one and friends with that that one, then she’s friends with that one and on the outs with this one again.   And always over some dumb s#*t, it’s tiring! hell I’d rather watch a show about the husbands at this point  

They're making it worse by dragging all these "friends of" people that we don't know anything about which makes us not give a damn about them. With no background on them who cares? Of all the franchises this one has the strangest group of women and their husbands are just as strange. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
On 11/18/2022 at 11:13 AM, SweetieDarling said:

My head was spinning after the last episodes trying to keep track. It's like everyone is mad at everyone else. I forgot Whitney being mad at Heather for not reaching out after Justin got fired even though Heather had no way of knowing that had occurred.

I think it's harder to sit down and try to figure out who still gets along with each other.

Has Meredith filmed much with the others? She, her droning vocal fry, and strange fashion sense have taken on an attitude of superiority. I assume, after Seth's attempted confrontation with John, that she's still upset with Lisa, but have no idea where she stands with any of the others.

I'm still baffled by Lisa & Whitney's friendship after Whit's accusations.

It is a bizarre "friendship" of convenience.

Like the friends of the HWs, for example Angie K., who want so badly to be on the show they are willing to do anything, support and flatter Jen, and even get verbally abused in the choir scene by her. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Love 3

Too many new people at once. I was like who the hell is who? Bad enough we have to endure Angie H. and her weird hubby who makes fake online accounts. Now we have these new ladies which includes another Angie no less, and are subjected to their new hubbies too, which was even more confusing. 😏

• Love 4
On 11/19/2022 at 8:01 AM, JenE4 said:

Lots of examples this episode of Heather “not remembering” fights/conversations with video evidence of both the altercation/interaction and Heather saying she didn’t recall what was said or even that a fight occurred in some instances. One example, pushing Whitney out of her home a day or two before choir practice. Thus, we can only assume that she was there for the “blowies for Jazz floor seats” reveal.

Yes, I picked up on that,  too.  Maybe Heather doesn't want to admit things because she wants to continue to be THE fan favorite of SLC.  I really like Heather, but the memory lapses seem sus.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Does anyone else find the way Meredith speaks to be odd? Her intonations and other vocal characteristics... any speech therapists here who could articulate this better than me?  Something about it just seems weird to me. 

Yes, she has the oddest way of speaking.  It's a combo of vocal fry, over-enunciating, with a bonus head tilt, and.....something else.  Yes, weird.

I, too, noticed her fridge full of drinks but nothing to eat except that sad little canned bean salad.

Re:  Heather.  That's a strange situation.  On the one hand, Heather is the only HW who has a truly successful business, pre-HW, and she's not using HW fame to build her business (lookin' at you, Lisa Barlow).  Heather is one busy lady, adding a new location, sending one daughter off to college, still having another one at home.  So it's possible that she forgets things here or there that aren't top of mind.

But to forget entire conversations, entire incidents, is just off to me.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Re:  Heather.  That's a strange situation.  On the one hand, Heather is the only HW who has a truly successful business, pre-HW, and she's not using HW fame to build her business (lookin' at you, Lisa Barlow).  

We don't hear very much about Meredith's businesses either.  Maybe she's successful enough that she doesn't need to advertise via Bravo or have to share with them as a result? I do wonder if she came on the show primarily to promote Brooksie's fashions.  

31 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Yes, she has the oddest way of speaking.  It's a combo of vocal fry, over-enunciating, with a bonus head tilt, and.....something else.  Yes, weird.

Throw the shoulder play into the mix.  When she's not swinging them she's holding them at strange and uncomfortable looking angles.  

On 11/17/2022 at 11:54 AM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Does anyone else think if the show wasn't so scripted that the women would be more like the men...and hug it out...or would how they act still be like this?

I think they wouldn't be in any of these situations because they would probably not be hanging out or even know one another in real life. I doubt 

1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Maybe Heather doesn't want to admit things because she wants to continue to be THE fan favorite of SLC.

I think that ship began to sail during the first season reunion and has continued on it's way since then.  

On 11/16/2022 at 10:05 PM, Steph J said:

That and I'm guessing that filming season three so quickly to get in on Jen's at the time anticipated trial didn't give them enough time to find new people to add to the cast under normal casting constraints.  

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 11/20/2022 at 12:54 PM, ichbin said:

Throw the shoulder play into the mix.  When she's not swinging them she's holding them at strange and uncomfortable looking angles.  

On 11/17/2022 at 11:54 AM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Yes! You guys nailed it. She’s so odd!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 11/19/2022 at 6:30 PM, ChristmasJones said:

Does anyone else find the way Meredith speaks to be odd? Her intonations and other vocal characteristics... any speech therapists here who could articulate this better than me?  Something about it just seems weird to me. 

On Friends, when Phoebe went to meet Mike's wealthy parents, she talked like Meredith.  It's like she's trying to talk like a stereotype of a rich person 😄

• Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, princelina said:

With all that photoshopping or filters or whatever it's called?  It sure is! 😉

lol I wondered if someone would say something about that pic not being the most natural. I don't know if there's photoshop but noticed the heavier makeup. What can I say, I love glamour. I still think Meredith is strikingly beautiful and the prettiest gal on the show. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

lol I wondered if someone would say something about that pic not being the most natural. I don't know if there's photoshop but noticed the heavier makeup. What can I say, I love glamour. I still think Meredith is strikingly beautiful and the prettiest gal on the show. 

The photoshop giveaway is when the eyes start looking like they could belong to an animal in a Disney cartoon 😄. Plus we see her on tv every week and she doesn't look like that!  But I agree with you that she's the most attractive woman on this franchise.  I just really dislike her and her family so much that I can't appreciate it!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, princelina said:

The photoshop giveaway is when the eyes start looking like they could belong to an animal in a Disney cartoon 😄. Plus we see her on tv every week and she doesn't look like that!  But I agree with you that she's the most attractive woman on this franchise.  I just really dislike her and her family so much that I can't appreciate it!

I hated the way Seth talked about Whitney's body last season. Brooksy doesn't bother me so much since he is a child! ;)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1