Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Courtside Conundrum

• Start Topic

Whitney shares information about her childhood with the group; Meredith and Lisa have a short-lived clemency; Heather calls out Meredith on her superiority complex; Jen hosts a party in honour of Meredith but chaos ensues.

Airdate: 10.12.2022

Once again, MORE salty things have happened in the offseason.  Until they are mentioned in an episode, do not discuss them in the episode threads.  Spoilery conversations about particular housewives should happen in their individual threads or the media thread.

• Love 1
Just now, FlyingEgret said:

I guess I am old - all I could think of during the Bike & Booze ride was how was Kevin going to get all that sticky alcohol off the ride before the next "party"

I know, so rude of those women, also, what is the point of ruining their (awful) outfits? Cheap booze in a can is not good for leather.  

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Lisa: I won’t be a pain in the ass.

Meredith: How dare you? I once had a hemorrhoid.

Lisa: I’m sorry for my verbal diarrhea.

Jen: How dare you! Her son Brooks who I mocked for possibly being gay because he said he saw my vagina and it was gross once had diarrhea at it was really traumatic for Meredith.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

Meredith looked more like her old self after the glam session. 

I'm sick and tired of sprinter vans. And party bikes (they are becoming a Bravo/HW staple- see NJ HWs in Nashville). And Whitney's stripper poles. And "friends" who ask other friends to get (psychological) help. And Bravo lingerie parties. 

This cannot be Whitney's real voice. 

Lisa's Dior Gaucho collection boots! 

Jen and her glam squad. She didn't learn anything. 

I don't want to hear the words "authentic" and "authenticly" anymore.

Marriage is off limits? Since when? This is a RH show! 

Courtside (seats) to the Jazz is not like courtside to the Lakers! 

And I didn't even watch the RH BH reunion yet!

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Heather’s snooty imitation of Meredith was great.  That’s all I got. Yawned through this one. Oh wait, I did laugh when Jen realized it stopped being about her, so she started screeching “My husband! my kids!” Lmao 

• LOL 18
  • Love 6

Maybe it’s just me or I’m getting burned out on these type of shows but I’m having a hard time watching these HW’s, when they fight, they REALLY fight, and it’s vicious. Hard to watch and not entertaining. 

• Like 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

This cannot be Whitney's real voice.

You have to listen to how the Watch What Crappens guys do Whitney’s voice. During tonight’s episode I was literally laughing out loud thinking about it. I cannot wait to hear how they parody Heather doing Meredith’s voice. 

• LOL 5

Meredith and the 4 minutes comment cracked me up a bit.

Loved Heather calling Meredith condescending and a superior bitch tho.

The party bike seemed really lame because it seemed so out of place and they were just wasting booze. It did not seem like anyone was actually having fun lol.

Lisa is ridiculous and oblivious and prob phony I’m sure but I’m not minding her really lol. Her rant wasn’t great but can we move on.

I don’t think Meredith knows what spreading rumours means lol.

Whitney is being so fake and stupid with the rumour stuff. She is trying to take back what she said and like it’s not her fault but she could’ve just not said anything lol. She’s working overtime to somehow switch the narrative. She was the one with specifics and she needs to shut the fuck up. She’s really annoying actually.

Lisa bangs for Jazz tickets? Really? Lol so weird  couldn’t she just try buying some lol.

Oh Jen shut it about fighting for freedom.

• Love 11

I’m trying to watch this show but keep finding anything else more interesting - googling the weather in SLC (all months), organizing book shelves, swiffering floors, trying out my new bamboo squatty potty. Really, anything.

Edited by nexxie
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Maybe it’s just me or I’m getting burned out on these type of shows but I’m having a hard time watching these HW’s, when they fight, they REALLY fight, and it’s vicious. Hard to watch and not entertaining. 

That's interesting. I feel the opposite. Since none of these women are fascinating or display much depth as they act out a version of themselves, the format – the heavy drinking, materialism, and jockeying for position – lends itself to battle. 

Real Housewifing is a bloodsport, so I say, let em fight. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6

Feel like I'm alone here, but I found this episode SO entertaining. The riding a party trolley through Scottsdale of all places and throwing wine on each other, the cooking steaks and salmon in lingerie (loved Heather always bringing it back to the food, as I would have), the crazy shifts of who was yelling at who! It was a lot of fun after a pretty boring RHOBH reunion. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Heather’s snooty imitation of Meredith was great.  That’s all I got. Yawned through this one. Oh wait, I did laugh when Jen realized it stopped being about her, so she started screeching “My husband! my kids!” Lmao 

That WAS pretty funny.  I probably would have worn what Lisa did for that jacked up lingerie party.  WHY do these shows do stupid inorganic things like this?  I am kind of over Whitney's sexpot schtik.  I am not sure how long it will take for the vision of Jenn pouring booze into Whitney's vag out of my head.  I know of no woman who actually acts like these women or really any woman on a HW show.  

• Love 12
15 hours ago, Marley said:

The party bike seemed really lame because it seemed so out of place and they were just wasting booze. It did not seem like anyone was actually having fun lol.

Whitney is being so fake and stupid with the rumour stuff. She is trying to take back what she said and like it’s not her fault but she could’ve just not said anything lol. She’s working overtime to somehow switch the narrative. She was the one with specifics and she needs to shut the fuck up. She’s really annoying actually.

I agree, the party bus looked lame and they were all like "wooooooooo!!!! woooooooo hooooooooo!!!!!" and I was not buying that they were having a good time at all.  Then of course Whitney has to climb up like a weirdo and hang down like a bat, while flashing everyone.

She is the most annoying.  I can't remember if I used to like her.  She acts so weirdly sexual, she is acting out inappropriately, in a sexual way, and overdoing the baby voice.  That is pretty typical for a child of sexual abuse.  I do feel for her, of course, but she needs help not to be on a reality show.

Jen: ALL I HAVE IS MY HUSBAND AND KIDS!  I LITERALLY HAVE HAD EVERYTHING TAKEN FROM ME!

(except her glam squad apparently)

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
23 hours ago, rlc said:

You have to listen to how the Watch What Crappens guys do Whitney’s voice. During tonight’s episode I was literally laughing out loud thinking about it. I cannot wait to hear how they parody Heather doing Meredith’s voice. 

I think Whitney was doing a parody of Ronnie and Ben doing a parody of her voice.  Sounded like it to me.  I also think she was high on something besides alcohol.

• Love 5
On 10/12/2022 at 10:17 PM, Pi237 said:

I busted out laughing during this. Jenn suddenly remembered "I'm a victim!". Notice her eyes were completely dry. 

Heather can be so hilarious but I hated that during the whole Whitney/Lisa/Meredith kerfuffle, she kept whispering to Jenn "this trip was supposed to be for you and now it's about this". God forbid they talk about anything else besides Jenn and her faux innocence. 

21 hours ago, Panda Bear said:

Feel like I'm alone here, but I found this episode SO entertaining. The riding a party trolley through Scottsdale of all places and throwing wine on each other, the cooking steaks and salmon in lingerie (loved Heather always bringing it back to the food, as I would have), the crazy shifts of who was yelling at who! It was a lot of fun after a pretty boring RHOBH reunion. 

I was very entertained as well. I live in Phoenix and have gone to Scottsdale many times and seen those party bikes. It's mostly bachelorette parties. I also liked that they cooked themselves. Whitney was outside cooking the steaks on the grill then got mad and went inside to tell Lisa. The whole time I kept thinking "she didn't leave the steaks on the grill did she??" That's all I was worried about lol.

So the whole fight between Whitney and Heather was because Whitney claimed that she and Heather both heard a statement from Angie but Heather is claiming she didn't hear it. Alrighty then.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, MaggieG said:

So the whole fight between Whitney and Heather was because Whitney claimed that she and Heather both heard a statement from Angie but Heather is claiming she didn't hear it. Alrighty then.

Yes, it doesn't make any sense that Heather got so worked up over that, or that Whitney was doubling down, insisting that Heather had heard the statement. Was it the alcohol interfering with common sense or was it staged?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Can’t these women have a tracksuit party? I’m tired of seeing them close to naked. Whitney was ridiculous with the dramatics confessing to Lisa that they had gossiped about her marriage. It’s not that deep. Is this why her and Heather fall out? Had to laugh at Jen getting her meltdown in. They all need acting classes.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Can’t these women have a tracksuit party? I’m tired of seeing them close to naked. Whitney was ridiculous with the dramatics confessing to Lisa that they had gossiped about her marriage. It’s not that deep. Is this why her and Heather fall out? Had to laugh at Jen getting her meltdown in. They all need acting classes.

As long as they aren't Brooks Marks'. 

Actually, now that I think about it, I'd rather watch them model Brooks' tracksuits than see them in lingerie. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

As long as they aren't Brooks Marks'. 

Actually, now that I think about it, I'd rather watch them model Brooks' tracksuits than see them in lingerie. 

LOL.  When an episode makes us crave seeing a Brooks Marks tracksuit, you know things have gone too far!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13
11 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I also liked that they cooked themselves. Whitney was outside cooking the steaks on the grill then got mad and went inside to tell Lisa. The whole time I kept thinking "she didn't leave the steaks on the grill did she??" That's all I was worried about lol.

Same!  I was very concerned about those steaks.  And a little bit in awe of Meredith splitting hairs so accurately about what she’d gossiped about and what she hadn’t.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, janiema said:

Why can’t Meredith stand up straight? Or sit straight?

Yes, I wondered if she does it when she's nervous or what, but she's constantly tilting her face to one side. 

I do think Meredith is one of the prettiest women in the franchise. Did she ever model or act or do pageants? Or just a strikingly beautiful "regular" rich lady from Utah?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Yes, I wondered if she does it when she's nervous or what, but she's constantly tilting her face to one side. 

I do think Meredith is one of the prettiest women in the franchise. Did she ever model or act or do pageants? Or just a strikingly beautiful "regular" rich lady from Utah?

I just checked. She was a model. She has an undergraduate degree in Fine Arts, and graduate degrees in law, and business from Northwestern University (she is from Chicago). She also studied at the Gemological Institute of America- she is a jewelry designer.

• Useful 5
21 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Yes, it doesn't make any sense that Heather got so worked up over that, or that Whitney was doubling down, insisting that Heather had heard the statement. Was it the alcohol interfering with common sense or was it staged?

This is a good question. There were a couple of moments in the drama where I thought Whitney might be trying to stifle a laugh.

• Love 4
On 10/13/2022 at 2:07 AM, SemiCharmedLife said:

I'm not a fan of the lingerie parties.  Even though I don't care for Lisa Barlow, I appreciated her pjs.  I don't think I could be comfortable hanging out with my friends in skimpy underwear.

Yeah that's where they lose me the most.  I love to go to a cool house with friends and eat and drink and sight see and hang by the pool all day - then we shower and have dinner in clean clothes.  Lingerie?  Or overdone dressy outfits with stilettos?  Hair and makeup teams?  Not fun at all.

On 10/14/2022 at 1:43 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

Yes! 😂

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Seems like the ladies got their parties mixed up and brought out the Garbage Trash Whore for the bike ride! It was bad enough that they were throwing drinks all at each other—but Jen poured her entire drink up Whitney’s skirt! Whitney must have been leaking boxed rose for hours. And then somehow they expected us to believe that the horse riding event was after that but they were perfectly dry and unstained? 

I’m glad the producers showed the clip of Whitney telling Meredith about   Lisa fucking that one specific vendor to get the coveted Utah Jazz floor seats. Because otherwise I would have believed Whitney that Meredith was spreading the rumors. Meredith was definitely swanning around telling everyone she’s “heard things”—but Whitney was the one who said, I heard the same thing, and here’s the name of a specific vendor she fucked and exactly what she was rewarded with. So for Whitney to be playing the role of Lisa Rinna trying to get Meredith to “own it” without saying outright to Lisa first that I said XYZ was all kinds of fucked up. Then she was mad at Heather for not agreeing that she heard it, too—in the middle of a loud stadium—was a really strange deflection. So you’re trying to call out Meredith for saying something, while simultaneously calling out Heather for not saying something—and then I guess whatever you said you get a pass on because trauma. Okaaaay. Every show has an obvious producer’s patsy tasked with bringing up the storylines. It’s obviously Whitney on this series.

But let’s switch gears to the Greek Chorus member of the show: Heather is really hilarious in her talking heads, from her impersonation of Meredith saying Lisa needs therapy to her shock and awe that someone would “give a blowie” for Utah Jazz seats—which would be understandable if they were Lakers courtside seats—with a candid confession that she would for a burger, so who is she to judge. Honorable mention to Meredith for wearing a I ❤️ New York hat, as an homage to allegedly being the Garbage Whore who fucked half of New York City.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 11

Lisa obviously watched the RHOC episode where the group was in Bali and Tamra dramatically ran away from the table vowing, "You'll never see me again!" (wishful thinking) Tamra's departure, like Lisa's, also included the fake crying. /eyeroll

Whitney needs to back away from the booze and get some serious therapy for her issues. Looking at her badly sunburned, over-inflated boobs, maybe me wince. Don't these women know about sunscreen? You'd think after all them money they spend on procedures, they'd know better.

Heather for MVP!

So far, this season has been really boring with the poorly manufactured drama. Why were they celebrating Jen's pending incarceration? I thought most of the ladies were on the outs with her. I'd actually rather see episodes focused on Jen's upcoming trial, etc. (even though we know how things end up). That's more interesting than the trite Lisa/Meredith feud and Whitney's problems. I am not suggesting that her trauma isn't real; she needs to get serious professional help if she isn't already and it's just not discussed on camera. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I don’t get the lingerie themed party either. I wish I had more friends into Halloween or into theming, but I am good not hanging out in bras and panties.

They could have at least invited that stripper that was on RHOA, the one that um, had a particular talent.  

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It is not for the faint at heart...be prepared to clutch your pearls.  Sadly I cannot remember his name but safe to say famous exotic dancers probably have not made it to SLC

His dancer name was Bolo.

• Like 2
On 10/13/2022 at 9:46 PM, nexxie said:

I’m trying to watch this show but keep finding anything else more interesting - googling the weather in SLC (all months), organizing book shelves, swiffering floors, trying out my new bamboo squatty potty. Really, anything.

Never thought I’d see anyone refer to a Squatty Potty on a Ho-wife thread! 😆 (love mine, which is a clear Perspex!)

On topic: actually I can’t rouse one thought that hasn’t already been mentioned….that’s how snoozy it was. 😴

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/18/2022 at 1:13 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

Never thought I’d see anyone refer to a Squatty Potty on a Ho-wife thread! 😆 (love mine, which is a clear Perspex!)

On topic: actually I can’t rouse one thought that hasn’t already been mentioned….that’s how snoozy it was. 😴

Not even on RONY? Ramona could use one!

• LOL 3

I tried. I really tried. But just can’t with this show. This episode is far as I’m going to get. Can’t even bring myself to read the comments here.

It’s like these women watched every episode of every season of every iteration of RH and are acting accordingly to how they think they should interact. Emphasis on acting. 

The storyline is phantom BJ’s for Jazz tickets like it’s a federal crime and nebulous abuse allegations from what’s her name? While the indicted (no spoilers!) stealing from Granny Jen Shah is sitting there and they’re acting like nothing happened there?

What we really need are the “ladies” from Potomac (need to catch up on last several seasons), Atlanta (same) or even NY (also haven’t watched in awhile - but give them a few drinks and watch them go) to deal with Ms Shah.

• Fire 1
  • Love 2
On 10/13/2022 at 3:53 PM, heatherchandler said:

She is the most annoying.  I can't remember if I used to like her.  She acts so weirdly sexual, she is acting out inappropriately, in a sexual way, and overdoing the baby voice.  That is pretty typical for a child of sexual abuse.  I do feel for her, of course, but she needs help not to be on a reality show.

Except didn’t it come out at some point that her abuse was verbal? She certainly makes it seem all this time it was more but then eventually clarifies herself. Not that any abuse should be overlooked or accepted, especially towards a child, but I’m getting a little sick of this show exploiting such serious issues trying to come up with more interesting storylines. 

That said Whitney really needs to grow up. She is perpetually stuck as a slutty 18yr old girl. And it’s not entertaining at all. 

Meredith clearly isn’t cut out for reality tv and should take her condescending self off my tv. Could you imagine being her children and what bullshit lectures they’ve grown up with. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, hottesthw said:

Meredith clearly isn’t cut out for reality tv and should take her condescending self off my tv. Could you imagine being her children and what bullshit lectures they’ve grown up with. 

Meredith's definitely an asshole, but I think her kids grew up more with overdone and unwarranted affirmations (Oh Brooksie, I love how you wrote your name on that tape and put it on your sweatpants!  You should be a designer!) 😈

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
13 hours ago, hottesthw said:

Except didn’t it come out at some point that her abuse was verbal? She certainly makes it seem all this time it was more but then eventually clarifies herself. Not that any abuse should be overlooked or accepted, especially towards a child, but I’m getting a little sick of this show exploiting such serious issues trying to come up with more interesting storylines. 

That said Whitney really needs to grow up. She is perpetually stuck as a slutty 18yr old girl. And it’s not entertaining at all. 

Yes, the abuse was verbal, and we were not offered any revelations after that. I don't doubt she will be asked in the reunion. This was her main storyline, and it fizzled. 

• Like 2