Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E01: Everything Has Changed

Bort
  • Start Topic

After a long six months, Grey Sloan Memorial has reinstated its residency program. A group of talented and striving young interns has been recruited as the attending surgeons work to rebuild the program to its former glory. Meredith, still functioning as the interim chief, sees Nick for the first time since she rejected his offer to move to Minnesota. Meanwhile, Bailey tells Richard she is not ready to return to work; Levi works up the courage to break disappointing news to Jo, and things turn awkward when Link realizes he has met one of the interns already. With Amelia and Maggie’s help, the new doctors are thrown into their first day on the job dealing with injuries from a recent tornado.

Airdate: 6 October 2022

I will be honest....I totally forgot Owen and Teddy existed until they walked in at the end. 

Of the new interns I am liking Dr. Griffith and the one that Amelia said wasn't allowed to talk, who then got all hopeful for her patients. Undecided on the others.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Of the new interns I am liking Dr. Griffith and the one that Amelia said wasn't allowed to talk, who then got all hopeful for her patients. Undecided on the others.

Is Griffith the one that lied about having a brother to get the woman to donate her dead son's organs or the one that's Derek/Amelia's nephew? I'm not liking Jules, the one that slept with Link and then got weird with him about it afterword. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Is Griffith the one that lied about having a brother to get the woman to donate her dead son's organs or the one that's Derek/Amelia's nephew? I'm not liking Jules, the one that slept with Link and then got weird with him about it afterword. 

She's the one who was late and whose mother died giving birth to her at Grey-Sloane.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

She's the one who was late and whose mother died giving birth to her at Grey-Sloane.

I hope we don’t get some sort of backstory where Richard or Ellis was responsible for her death. 

Since we know Amelia’s nephew is there, I’m guessing we’ll get an appearance from his mother (although I’d prefer his grandmother instead). 

• Love 5
Just now, StaceyNotStacie said:

Since we know Amelia’s nephew is there, I’m guessing we’ll get an appearance from his mother (although I’d prefer his grandmother instead). 

The question becomes: which Shepherd is his mother? Kathleen, Liz or Nancy?

My guess right now is Liz, based off of Derek clearly spending enough time with Lucas to be considered his favourite nephew and Lucas quoting Derek's "It's a beautiful day to save lives." Derek seemed closer to Liz than to Kathleen or Nancy. Also, I know we may never get Neve Campbell again but one can dream.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

With Lucas being there we might get an answer to the question if any of the Shepherd's have a relationship with Meredith and Zola/Bailey/Ellis. Or if they even knew Amelia has a son. Surely Lucas' mother knows where her son is working and that he will interact with his aunt and (former) aunt-in-law.

47 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Jules (aka Dr. I Slept With an Attending Oops!) was...fairly bland, until she told Link "I don't want a relationship with you, dude, WTF?" She felt like a rehash of Meredith AND Izzie. 

It did amuse me.  I also appreciated Meredith telling Link she was in no position to judge, and that he should avoid elevators.  I also have to think the reference to Snow White was a nod to the role the actress played on Once Upon a Time, where I think she was Cinderella's stepsister?  Maybe?

50 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Schmitt being the Chief Resident, mostly because they're short staffed, is just so ridiculous. Schmitt killed a patient less than a year ago and he has ZERO leadership skills. He's gonna be a terrible Chief Resident. 

I rolled my eyes at Schmitt being Chief Resident.  I realize he is getting it by default, but to give an idea of how unqualified he is, just remember that I think Bailey was Chief Resident. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Meredith seemed to be more alive here than she's been in years. Ellen actually looked like she was acting! 

She’s giving it her all because she knows there’s an end in sight. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I liked it okay.  I'm interested in seeing how the new interns fare.  I did like the twist of having the nephew be one of them (at least it was a twist to me.  I don't know if it was already known by others who keep up with spoilers). 

The one part that I did raise my eyebrows a little at was when the new interns were allowed to go out and break the bad news to the relatives totally unsupervised.  It was obvious from their expressions that they had never had to do that before.  There was a whole big plotline in an earlier season where an intern (I forget who--it might have been Schmidt) screwed up the notification and Owen held a big training session so that they could learn how to break bad news.  Such as-- you never tell them that their loved one has 'passed on', 'moved on', 'is no longer with us'.  You have to use the word 'died'. You don't fall apart with the family, etc.  I would have been surprised if this had been real life there wouldn't have been other screwups made.

Edited by BooksRule
  • Like 5
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, BooksRule said:

The one part that I did raise my eyebrows a little at was when the new interns were allowed to go out and break the bad news to the relatives totally unsupervised.  It was obvious from their expressions that they had never had to do that before.  There was a whole big plotline in an earlier season where an intern (I forget who--it might have been Schmidt) screwed up the notification and Owen held a big training session so that they could learn how to break bad news.  Such as-- you never tell them that their loved one has 'passed on', 'moved on', 'is no longer with us'.  You have to use the word 'died'. You don't fall apart with the family, etc.  I would have been surprised if this had been real life there wouldn't have been other screwups made.

Yeah, I know the hospital is short staffed, but Amelia had to know that sending interns on their very first day to break the worst news to families should have been supervised in some way.

But I guess their answer to everything this season will be "they don't have enough staff so the interns had to do more on their own!"

• Like 4
  • Love 2

My take: it was alright. Not terrible, but it didn’t feel like “must-see tv”, either. The veteran cast seemed like guest stars (or in a few cases, cameos) in a pilot, and weren’t too successfully integrated with the new cast, imo. I thought only Amelia and Nick seemed to be future regulars in the cast. Everyone else from last year(s) was disposable and not really necessary for plot development. Meredith seemed like the MC/Cryptkeeper, in that she’s only needed to introduce and set the scene. Given that, it makes sense that Ellen Pompeo won’t necessarily be in all the episodes but continue to do voice overs. 

There were a lot of callbacks to MAGIC, seasons 1-3, which were okay but not enough to compel me to embrace the new direction and cast  (Stop trying make MAGIC happen!)

I loved Bokhee’s presence and line to the anesthesiologist. I also loved Bailey in braids (call back to The Time Warp episode where she was an intern, as well as that AU episode). Schmitt isn’t realistic as Chief Resident (by default). Owen and Teddy as the Bickersons were mildly amusing. (Let’s see if that storyline is further developed.) Everything else wasn’t terrible, and I don’t see any reason to hate watch as I did last season. I’ll give it a couple more shots. 

• Love 2

I missed the first few minutes of the show, so I’ll have to rewatch, especially Amelia’s scenes with her nephew. I’m  guessing none of the other interns know he’s a Shepherd, so that should be interesting to see when they find out. I’m wondering who will find out first and who will spill the beans. 

Did Richard know who he was?  He had an interesting look when the “beautiful day to save lives” comment was made. 

• Like 1

I liked it. The show was definitely in need of refreshment. Also, this new batch is likable enough. I remember hating most of the new interns when they would introduce them (don't get me started on the Mercy Westers, besides Jackson). Before, I felt that introducing new interns took away from the main characters, but now? They could use some back burner action. 

As far as Derek's sisters are concerned, wasn't Nancy the eldest? Nancy, then Kathleen, then Lizzy, then Derek, and Amelia was the youngest. Would it make more sense that he's Nancy's son? I don't know. I guess I'm in denial that Neve Campbell would have a son who is old enough.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ChicksDigScars said:

As far as Derek's sisters are concerned, wasn't Nancy the eldest? Nancy, then Kathleen, then Lizzy, then Derek, and Amelia was the youngest. Would it make more sense that he's Nancy's son? I don't know. I guess I'm in denial that Neve Campbell would have a son who is old enough.

Not necessarily. Now, the Grey's timeline is always SUPER wonky so this is all taken with a grain of salt, but any of Derek and Amelia's sisters could have a son who is the age where he'd be an intern. I imagine Lucas is about 25/26.

All the Shepherds right now are at least in their 50s, save for Amelia (who is at least early 40s by now, factoring in her late pregnancy but, again, wonky timeline stuff, she probably should be closer to 50 as well). Derek was late 40s when he died, and he died, at this point, ten years ago, Grey's timeline-wise (year timejump in season 11, and now eight-nine years since then). 

Nancy could definitely be Lucas' parent, but I think Kathleen or Liz are also likely to be candidates. They really have their pick on who Lucas' mother is. Liz is younger than Nancy/Kathleen, I'm pretty sure, but I think she's old enough to have had an adult son by now. 

We haven't seen Liz as a character in about ten years, but it's been about 11-12 years in-universe, given the weird time jumps. We don't know how old her kids were 12 years ago, but we know she had them. Neve Campbell is 49 herself, but if we assume Liz is around 50, that leaves Liz becoming a parent from at least the age of 25. 

Kathleen and Nancy are definite possibilities (I know Amy Acker is younger than Neve but Kathleen I believe is older), but my headcanon is that Liz is Lucas' mother, since Liz was closer to Derek than Kathleen/Nancy so it makes more sense to me that Liz would take her children to see Derek more often than Nancy/Kathleen ever did. I assume we'd just have a recast for Liz since I highly doubt Neve Campbell is ever returning, if this is the case.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Meredith seemed to be more alive here than she's been in years. Ellen actually looked like she was acting! 

For a six month time jump, they really wrapped up cliffhangers within minutes (Richard leaving, Teddy/Owen on the run, the residency program needing to be saved) and I'm not sure that's a great thing. 

Schmitt being the Chief Resident, mostly because they're short staffed, is just so ridiculous. Schmitt killed a patient less than a year ago and he has ZERO leadership skills. He's gonna be a terrible Chief Resident. 

Not much on anyone else, besides Owen needing a probationary attending, it seems, and Maggie/Winston....actually, I didn't catch an update with them.

I love her. (Meredith/Ellen) She is the reason I am still watching this show 100 years later.

So that off putting dude is Amelia and Derek's nephew? Ah ha! No wonder they cut him so much slack. Nepotism anyone? But hey - the actor is kind of cute. I can forgive cute people anything!

I didn't hate it. Seems the show has been on a LOOOOOONG hiatus so I was glad to have it back.

Ok so let me get this straight - The set-up was that Meredith and whatshisname-- Nick? - haven't seen one another for six months?

And wait! what! Owen and Teddy? went...where? Ugh! I forgot their very existence until --- like a bad penny -- they rolled on in!

I actually thought it was a funny take when Linc is freaking about new intern girl and she not only barely recognizes him-- she blows him of with the whole -- Dude! We do NOT nor we ever have had a "relationship" Haha! The look on his face was priceless!

Edited by taanja
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Honestly, after the last...three batches of interns, most of these ones seem somewhat competent. They definitely were working for an old Grey's school vibe, with how similar the new class is to MAGIC in various ways (with some updates/changes, of course), the return of the Basement, and even some old instrumentals (I know I definitely heard an instrumental of How To Save a Life when Meredith was introducing the new class in the surgical room). When's the last time we got some truly competent interns? Maybe Stephanie and Heather from Jo's class? 

I appreciate them not treating this class like a total joke and giving them some life. Even the mistakes many of them made here, they're mistakes Meredith and her class would have made. And that's the vibe they were going for...yet I didn't hate it. I should be more annoyed at the blatant rip-offs of season 1 to try to capture a semblance of the magic they went for back then. And, yes, this class will never capture that magic, but they made me more intrigued than any other attempts of a class. And we're on season 19, which means this show has been going on a LONG time, so if they've managed to do SOMETHING to impress me, that's pretty damn good. 

I even think I got their names down. Dr. Griffith (Simone, I think I remember from the pre-season release?) was the most intriguing and they gave her the most backstory so far. Plus, probably the most competent one there.

Mika (aka Dr. Please Shut Up) felt at first like a season 1 Alex but she seemed to morph into a kinder version of Alex. So at least they didn't just have her make dark humour jokes the entire time like they would have with Schmitt's class. 

Jules (aka Dr. I Slept With an Attending Oops!) was...fairly bland, until she told Link "I don't want a relationship with you, dude, WTF?" She felt like a rehash of Meredith AND Izzie. 

Lucas Adams (aka a Shepherd nephew! What a twist!) started off really off-putting but even before the reveal, he seemed to tone it down and figure out his shit. I guess he started as the George with making a crucial mistake day 1 that almost cost him his career, but adding the Shepherd aspect to this does put things in perspective (why Lucas grabbed Amelia like that at one point). And, if he's a Shepherd, you know he's going to excel in whatever specialty he chooses, since almost the entire family are in the medical field. 

And Dr. Kwan (aka Blue) is...well, I see him being a mini Cristina with the cutthroat behaviour. I do like Harry Shum Jr so I expect to at least not totally be turned off by his character so early on.

For a six month time jump, they really wrapped up cliffhangers within minutes (Richard leaving, Teddy/Owen on the run, the residency program needing to be saved) and I'm not sure that's a great thing. 

Not much on anyone else, besides Owen needing a probationary attending, it seems, and Maggie/Winston....actually, I didn't catch an update with them.

Overall, I mean, we're 19 seasons into Grey's. It's never gonna be like the early years but at least, for the first time since...god, I don't even know when, at least eight years, I feel somewhat excited and hopeful about the season. 

I agree, this wasn't a bad season intro. I think they realized they needed to go back and give the residents actual personalities and backstories in order for us to care.  

I think Lucas will be part George (the bumbling) and part Jackson Avery (high connected/nepotism baby). It will be interesting how they make this work.

I'm over Teddy/Owen. If they had never retruned, I would have been 100% okay with it.

Overall, decent job of wrapping up all the cliff hangers.

16 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I kind of assumed we would. Or at least that they were there.

Simone is too young for her death to be a result of Ellis mistake. Interns are 25/26, show is 19 seasons along, wonky timelines considered Ellis was either in Boston and/or already suffering from dementia. Either way she was no longer at Seattle Grace. There's a slim chance the writers could make Richard be involved, but when the show started he was Chef. Hopefully they don't have him have somehow been involved. It would be nice if that's the end of Simone's tragic backstory; that her mother died in child birth at this hospital.

Anyway, this was a decent season opener. 

• Love 3

Agree the interns have potential…the potential to be the focus of the show while Mer and the others slowly slide away….except Owen and Teddy.  They are like cockroaches and we’ll never be rid of them.  

And speaking of Owen and Teddy’s cliffhanger…and all the other cliffhangers, what was the point when they would all be successfully resolved with a brief explanation from those involved.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, kurtz said:
There were a lot of callbacks to MAGIC, seasons 1-3, which were okay but not enough to compel me to embrace the new direction and cast  (Stop trying make MAGIC happen!)

Hmm. The interns: 

Millan /Adams /Griffith /Yasuda /Kwan = MAGYK

Coincidence? I think not.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Milaxx said:

Simone is too young for her death to be a result of Ellis mistake. Interns are 25/26, show is 19 seasons along, wonky timelines considered Ellis was either in Boston and/or already suffering from dementia. Either way she was no longer at Seattle Grace. There's a slim chance the writers could make Richard be involved, but when the show started he was Chef. Hopefully they don't have him have somehow been involved. It would be nice if that's the end of Simone's tragic backstory; that her mother died in child birth at this hospital.

This show likes to play with time, so they certainly could make Richard involved somehow. Ellis seems less likely, since she isn't hear to react or be involved. Or maybe they'll have it be someone we've never heard of, who now works with Jo (since OB would make more sense to be involved in a childbirth case than a surgeon).

It just seemed like a set up for a future storyline. Otherwise it is a very specific tragic backstory. But maybe the writers will impress me.

1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

And speaking of Owen and Teddy’s cliffhanger…and all the other cliffhangers, what was the point when they would all be successfully resolved with a brief explanation from those involved.  

I think we are going to get stuck with a season of Owen having to be supervised as a doctor. I'm sure it will be painful, why would Meredith even hire him back?

• Love 1

I think I could really grow to like the new team of interns, but my worry is that the writers just can't. let. go. of some old characters so the new cast will get downsized quickly, both in terms of # of characters and in amount of screentime. I'm sad to see Owen/Teddy back, especially so soon. They had a perfect out to have them be gone the first part of the season, and to allow time for the new characters to grow and find a place. But nope, and a bummer that they didn't take advantage of that. I'd like to see more of Adams - I want to see how they take aspects of Derek (family relation), George (a bit bumbling), and Karev (early season attitude) and how those combine in a person and a doctor. I'm interested to see where they go with Millin, they had her paralleling Mer's story (sleeping with an attending the night before your first day), but I see her personality as much more Izzie. They've set them all up to be relatable enough without being direct copies, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Admittedly as a recovering Gleek I'm also stoked for Dr. Harry Shum Jr. :)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

This show likes to play with time, so they certainly could make Richard involved somehow. Ellis seems less likely, since she isn't hear to react or be involved. Or maybe they'll have it be someone we've never heard of, who now works with Jo (since OB would make more sense to be involved in a childbirth case than a surgeon).

Now that's a definite possibility. 

Spoiler

Especially since  Addison is scheduled to return. She and Derek were interns under Richard Weber.

• Love 6

So which of Derek and Amelia's sisters has the married name of Adams?  That was a pleasant surprise, actually.  I even rewound it because I thought Nick said Derek's line (hard to tell with masks on) but then I heard Amelia and Meredith.  I caught Richard's look on the rewind too - I'm guessing he doesn't know!  Nice twist.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Milaxx said:

I'm over Teddy/Owen. If they had never returned, I would have been 100% okay with it.

Oh hell, this. Sooooo much this. Sigh. 🙄

Otherwise, I'm satisfied. It's a comfy, familiar place to visit once a week for me, so it doesn't take much to make me happy!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Milaxx said:

It would be nice if that's the end of Simone's tragic backstory; that her mother died in child birth at this hospital.

It reminded me so much of a storyline they did on ER where Angela Bassett was the new ER Chief.  In that storyline, which was pretty well written, it turns out that her son had died in the ER years before (and they did a nice flashback episode later in the season showing what happened where a number of long departed characters returned).  She had taken the job in part to help exorcise her demons over that situation.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Wait, I'm confused. Which one is the Shepherd nephew? Was he the one who screwed up by telling the wrong parent their child was brain-dead? And spent the whole episode thinking he was getting fired? Or was he the one who kept razzing that guy through the whole episode?

I mostly liked this but I don't think I have a good grasp on who's who, so in that respect I don't think they did a very good job of introducing these characters or distinguishing them from one another.

Something I also don't get - the residency program was shut down for reasons too complicated to remember, and has now apparently been reinstated for other reasons I don't get. But from what I can tell there are no current residents, except for Schmitt, since all the other ones had to go find jobs elsewhere. So what's the point of having a chief resident if there are no other residents?

And Schmitt is still way too cringe, going on and on about the vagina. Good grief. I think the writers think this is endearing somehow, but it's not, it's just embarrassing and irritating.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Which one is the Shepherd nephew? Was he the one who screwed up by telling the wrong parent their child was brain-dead? And spent the whole episode thinking he was getting fired?

Yes (his name is Lucas).

Edited by ams1001
  • Useful 1
40 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Wait, I'm confused. Which one is the Shepherd nephew? Was he the one who screwed up by telling the wrong parent their child was brain-dead?

Lucas is the one who told the wrong parent.

Fun fact, the actor playing Lucas was Jake (aka Schmidt) love interest in the movie "There's Something about Harry."

• Useful 1
On 10/8/2022 at 12:35 PM, iMonrey said:

Something I also don't get - the residency program was shut down for reasons too complicated to remember, and has now apparently been reinstated for other reasons I don't get. But from what I can tell there are no current residents, except for Schmitt, since all the other ones had to go find jobs elsewhere. So what's the point of having a chief resident if there are no other residents?

Not exactly. The surgical residency program was shut down. That's how Schmidt got to stay, by switching to OB which apparently kept their residency program. The solution was a lot of upgrades in terms of tech and agreeing to take the bottom of the barrel residents. These are all doctors who would not have matched with any other program. So what is happening is Schmitt will transfer back to being a surgery resident and as the only senior surgery resident at the hospital, he will be chef resident over the misfits.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

It kept my interest but sometimes the dialogue is so contrived.  Like the intern who said she pictured the walls beige when her mother died giving birth but they are blue.  It’s not how people actually talk.  Nobody can just have normal answers.  They go into a heavily written monologues with so many ands.  And then the in your face wokeness monologue about climate change.  It wouldn’t bother me if it wasn’t so obvious.   

• Love 2

Schmitt got chubby. (not judging, just saying.) You know the hospital is down bad when he's the only choice for Chief Resident. How far the prestige of that title has fallen. 

Nick is still boring. Meredith is more interesting outside of that sorry excuse for a relationship. YMMV

Intern Simone's running-around-the-hospital schtick got old real fast. 

I don't hate that Lucas is a Shepherd. My guess is he's the son of either Nancy or Kathleen.

I like Jo's idea of black scrubs for OB in protest to what's happening with Roe v Wade and women's rights. 

With all of the aesthetic upgrades they've given the hospital throughout the years, couldn't they have given these new interns a place to convene and commiserate that isn't the basement? Call me a curmudgeon, but can't one thing be sacred and special and remain exclusive to MAGIC? 

This one episode was better than the entirety of season 18. Brownie points for that. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Nick is still boring. Meredith is more interesting outside of that sorry excuse for a relationship. YMMV

I like Jo's idea of black scrubs for OB in protest to what's happening with Roe v Wade and women's rights. 

I agree with your whole post, but mostly these two comments.  Two thumbs up.

• Like 1

I can understand why the show is pushing a new group of residents; when I saw Bailey, Owen and Teddy show up I thought "Oh no, not you again."  They definitely need new blood.

The problem is that I have got attached to new residents before (remember the vet who was a computer wizard?) and they disappeared we and ended up with Schmidt. As chief resident of all things. I remember when the chief resident had to be not only a good surgeon but also a good organizer. Even Helm would be better at the job. This show loves Schmidt far, far more than I do.

Of the new bunch I like Simone Griffiths and the Shepherd nephew (I think it's a very good idea to start with a new generation and Zola is still too young). Not impressed with Mika or Jules but they may grow on me. (A big NO to Linc/Jules.) One of the things I really hate is when doctors lie to patients so thumbs down on "Blue".

On 10/7/2022 at 8:38 AM, BooksRule said:

The one part that I did raise my eyebrows a little at was when the new interns were allowed to go out and break the bad news to the relatives totally unsupervised.  It was obvious from their expressions that they had never had to do that before.

The show has always treated surgical residents as people doing things far beyond what their abilities should be. Even in the pilot episode the new surgical interns were made responsible for keeping preemie quintuplets alive, as if the hospital had no paediatricians much less neonatologists.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

One of the things I really hate is when doctors lie to patients so thumbs down on "Blue".

I’m not going to be surprised if down the road we learn that he was really telling a true story about his brother to the mother, but was playing it off to Gilmore. Icy exterior/walls up like, perhaps an Alex type?:)

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I also really liked this and was afraid I'd come here to everyone saying how much they hated it. The interns were interesting, and the cases were moving (I teared up once or twice, which I don't think I did at all last season).

I did suspect that Blue was lying about his brother. I don't really have a problem with that sort of lie to a patient--it made her feel understood and also got her to consent to the organs. (It would be different if he'd said, for example, that her son's organs would be going to a young child when they weren't--well, I guess some may have been.)

And I groaned out loud when Owen and Teddy came walking in. I also wish they could have stayed away, at least for a bit. I don't look forward to seeing him being supervised for 6 months.

I don't even know what to say about Schmitt....

• Like 2

Im five minutes in and already annoyed with Bailey. She fucked off once things got tough so I don’t have much time for her coming back now to tell them everything they’re doing wrong. 

I don’t care for Maggie and Winston. I wish I did as Maggie has grown on me but as a couple they’re just such non entities. Winston just isn’t integrating as a character. He’s too dull.

I find Adams very hard to understand. He mumbles a lot.

Six months of not speaking is ridiculous. No respectable adults would do that. I think it’s pretty fucked up thst meredith would introduce nick to her kids, plan a move and then just cut him off with no explanation. As much as they keep trying to say she’s not Ellis all her actions prove otherwise.

There is no world where I would ever believe Schmidt is a competent surgeon let alone a chief resident.

Its nice that Amelia and Meredith are at a place where there’s a genuine closeness. 

Jules telling Linc she doesn’t want a relationship and has no interest usually means We’ll be treated to an entire season of will we won’t they. Christ. I’m glad he and Jo are back to normal though even though I wouldn’t be totally opposed to them getting together.

I normally hate Owen and Teddy but I’m kind of here for them as hateful spouses. I hate them when being serious but I do like them in comedy.

Overall I like the new characters. The show needed the injection of new characters and for some of the others to go into the background. 

Edited by Avabelle
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
On 10/7/2022 at 7:54 PM, Milaxx said:

Now that's a definite possibility. 

Hide contents

Especially since  Addison is scheduled to return. She and Derek were interns under Richard Weber.

Hello to this!!! I was gonna say but I didn't want to spoil! Haha! She is the person/character I thought of when that new intern recited her VERY specific backstory.

• Like 1
  • Love 2