Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E11: Back to Our Future

• Start Topic

Having just passed the one month milestone in their marriages, the husbands and wives open up further to their spouses by returning to their roots and sharing more about their pasts; the couples work to build a stronger future together.

Airs Wednesday September 14 at 8:00PM EDT.

I’m with the guys on the Morgan Binh thing.   She’s ridiculous / more than happy to talk smack to  the other cast members about him, but not willing for him to talk to different cast members about her.  Does she really think the other couples are telling each other what they said to another cast member? 

wonder how she felt about Binh saying he wasn’t happy with her either? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 21

Why are Stacia and Nate wearing matching outfits with Dr Pepper?

Morgan is a bitch.  She makes drama out of everything.  She’s wondering why Binh was going to Justin? Maybe because he’s terrified of her and all she does is talk over him when he tries to say anything.  She is a bully who likes to act as the victim. 

• Applause 4
  • Love 14

Does anyone feel like we missed some  important scenes in the Krysten - Mitch situation? We went from she’s all in, to he stepped all over her dream, to she’s basically done. 

Why is this first  time the couples have seen Dr. Pepper since before the wedding?  They  can’t have timely access to her because they are on the west coast? 

I’m no longer interested in seeing Morgan, Alexis or Justin on my screen. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 17

I really hate when they have them write a letter to themselves in the past, it’s mind numbing dribble. I’m about done too.

I hope Justin goes back to the farm and gets his dog back when things go belly up with Alexis. 
Morgan is an insufferable shrew. I don’t think Binh has enough experience to realize how awful she is. She acts like she’s always in ring and if she can’t use her fists, she’s using her loud mouth. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 21

I think Binh and Morgan could have used about 10 more hours of therapy.  Dr Pepper was unfairly way too hard on Binh and not even remotely hard enough on Morgan.  I think she knows they are doomed so why bother wasting her time.  Binh needs to go find himself a nice quiet smart Asian woman. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Katie111 said:

I think Binh and Morgan could have used about 10 more hours of therapy.  Dr Pepper was unfairly way too hard on Binh and not even remotely hard enough on Morgan.  I think she knows they are doomed so why bother wasting her time.  Binh needs to go find himself a nice quiet smart Asian woman. 

Morgan is wicked and I feel so bad for Binh, she is really doing a number on him..... I thought Dr Pepper was a compete waste off time with all of her couples interviews.

Edited by endure
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I live on the West coast the show hasn't started yet. Given the comments I don't think I need to watch tonight...

I called Morgan out last week as a self-fulling prophet of doom. Binh should demand additional hazard pay...

The episode was pretty good IMO, a few real touching heartfelt moments but def not from Morgan, thankfully there was very little of her..... less would be better.

Edited by endure
  • Love 3

I was shocked to hear Miguel say in NY, he was made fun of for being a Puerto Rican.  I would like to know where he used to reside, because according to the Census Bureau, from the late 1970s, Puerto Ricans was the second majority minority group in NYC. 

I wish someone would tell us what it was that Binh told Justin about Morgan. This is getting ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I almost exploded when Binh was groveling to Morgan in front of everyone. He took full blame for everything then proceeded to say he was in therapy to address his issues. All while Morgan smugly sat there, holier than thou. It didn’t even cross her mind that she herself is the one in DESPERATE need of therapy. Man, she brought so much emotional baggage into this relationship and she seems completely unaware of her off-putting, aggressive, manipulative behavior. And shame on Doc Pepper for not helping her recognize that she has placed herself on a pedestal of superiority and for not guiding her toward therapy herself. 

I still can’t get past the fact that her whole gripe is about him lying after she fully admitted to lying to production and then asked Binh to continue her lie and not tell anyone the truth. Talk about a hypocrite. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 11

I always find myself thinking Nate is sketchy and I make fun of his younger self's shady business dealings, but he frequently says things that make me want to stand up and applaud. In this episode, I loved how he called Morgan out on her sh!t by saying that he's always know Bihn to be cool, calm, and collected, so why is Morgan so hostile. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 21
42 minutes ago, Spectator said:

I almost exploded when Binh was groveling to Morgan in front of everyone. He took full blame for everything then proceeded to say he was in therapy to address his issues. All while Morgan smugly sat there, holier than thou. It didn’t even cross her mind that she herself is the one in DESPERATE need of therapy. Man, she brought so much emotional baggage into this relationship and she seems completely unaware of her off-putting, aggressive, manipulative behavior. And shame on Doc Pepper for not helping her recognize that she has placed herself on a pedestal of superiority and for not guiding her toward therapy herself. 

I still can’t get past the fact that her whole gripe is about him lying after she fully admitted to lying to production and then asked Binh to continue her lie and not tell anyone the truth. Talk about a hypocrite. 

I find it bizarre that she is a nurse, she seems to be extremely out of touch with people, just doesn’t seem like a good fit to me.

• Love 6

I didn't watch this episode very closely, probably because it was made up of so much awful:

• Binh groveling when he shouldn't have to
  • Binh looking so cowed
  • Alexis mocking Justin for liking to fly kites
  • floppy boob cleavage
  • the Girl Power posse
  • "Read your letter first so I can stomp on your vulnerability and perform another staged exit"
  • Morgan
  • Morgan
  • Morgan
  • Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Does anyone feel like we missed some  important scenes in the Krysten - Mitch situation? We went from she’s all in, to he stepped all over her dream, to she’s basically done. 

I felt that way about Alexis and Justin.  They went from scenes showing them having disagreements and Alexis looking basically done with him to telling Dr. Pepper that everything is going great.  Then they were back to looking strained and like Alexis is done with him.  I was like WHUH???  🤷‍♀️  This show is getting so inconsistent it's impossible to keep up with it or believe that any of it is for real.

1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

I was shocked to hear Miguel say in NY, he was made fun of for being a Puerto Rican.  I would like to know where he used to reside, because according to the Census Bureau, from the late 1970s, Puerto Ricans was the second majority minority group in NYC. 

Yeah, I had that reaction too.  Being from NYC that didn't square with my experience there at all.  Even years ago that didn't happen.  I know because I was there and paying attention.  I almost want to call BS on that.  Unless he was the lone Hispanic way out in some odd area of Queens, but even that wouldn't make any sense to me, especially for someone of his relatively young age.  

2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I wish someone would tell us what it was that Binh told Justin about Morgan. This is getting ridiculous. 

I don't like Morgan at all but I smell something rotten with this entire storyline.  She is SO over the top, out of context and made to look shrew-like that I almost can't believe she is for real.  Which is sending up my radar to think the show is making her look much worse by not divulging to the audience the ONE BIG DETAIL that would make her look even a little justified.  And that's precisely what Binh told Justin about Morgan.  If it was bad enough, she wouldn't be looking as bad right now.  And Binh wouldn't be so quick to accept blame and say he needs therapy to address his issues.  I feel like we are being BSed again by the show with this crap.  They have done this before.  This is their usual MO when they want to amp up the drama - they do it at someone's expense.  Also, why aren't Alexis and Justin being called on the carpet for blabbing all of this around?  Probably because the show loves it that they are causing drama by stirring the shit and giving away people's confidences.  Binh himself should be pissed off at both of them for leaking out what was told to Justin in confidence.  Pepper should have called them out for that but didn't.  Which also makes me suspicious.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4

So many interesting, thoughtful, sensitive, touching moments between the four couples tonight and all the comments are about a pair that have been done for a month who, thankfully, are getting very little air time?

I thought they did a good job of showing some real emotion and falling-in-love moments between Mitch & Krysten, Miguel & Lindy, and Nate and Stacia. It certainly filled out the personality and character of them, and even Justin and Alexis although she didn't come off very well as we got to know her better. But from what was shown tonight, I could actually see the first three couples working things out and staying married. They all seemed like good couples.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I thought this episode was better than most.  I felt Dr. Pepper did her homework on each couple and gave good advice.  Going back into each person's background helped me understand each of them better.  I actively disliked Nate and I can now see what Stasia might see in him.  Mitch seems to be making an effort with Krysten, although I can see him going back to his stubborn ways when the cameras leave.  Justin and Alexis both have individual issues that will sink this marriage. ( I could never give up my dog).  I love Miguel and Lindy and I enjoyed their sharing.  Poor Binh, and I thought pre-season that he would be the problem.  Send Morgan home.  That whole thing with reading Binh's letter first and her walking out was so bitchy.  

• Like 4
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Adeejay said:

NYC is diverse; it’s also pretty segregated. If he lived in & went to school in predominantly white circles, I could see it. I think he said NY, not NYC, so maybe he meant elsewhere (although when someone says they’re from New York, I think city).

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, endure said:

Morgan is wicked and I feel so bad for Binh, she is really doing a number on him..... I thought Dr Pepper was a compete waste off time with all of her couples interviews.

Yeah, she always is a waste of time.  And her only interest seems to be whether the marriage has been consumated, like that is all that matters.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

NYC is diverse; it’s also pretty segregated. If he lived in & went to school in predominantly white circles, I could see it. I think he said NY, not NYC, so maybe he meant elsewhere (although when someone says they’re from New York, I think city).

NY is not pretty segregated in my experience, unless you're talking about super rich areas in Manhattan or Brooklyn or certain small ethnic areas in the boroughs that might have stayed mostly white, but for someone in his age bracket that would have been much rarer than in my day and it wasn't that easy to find then.  And I think it would have been rare for Miguel to grow up in one of those areas.  I lived in what was considered a white neighborhood but even there there was a healthy population of Hispanics.  And you couldn't go to any public school without finding a healthy number of Hispanics even if they didn't live in your neighborhood.  If he grew up that privileged that he was only around white kids in school or his neighborhood I'm still calling BS on it, because that's decidedly NOT the MO of upper class white kids in NYC.  My husband, who grew up lower middle class in "The Heights" in Manhattan had many Hispanic friends (his best friend and best man at our wedding was Puerto Rican 41 years ago) and I had many Hispanics in my classes in school, even dated them, and NOBODY was picked on 50+ years ago for being Hispanic so I just don't buy it, sorry.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Yeah No said:

NY is not pretty segregated in my experience, unless you're talking about super rich areas in Manhattan or Brooklyn or certain small ethnic areas in the boroughs that might have stayed mostly white, but for someone in his age bracket that would have been much rarer than in my day and it wasn't that easy to find then.  And I think it would have been rare for Miguel to grow up in one of those areas.  I lived in what was considered a white neighborhood but even there there was a healthy population of Hispanics.  And you couldn't go to any public school without finding a healthy number of Hispanics even if they didn't live in your neighborhood.  If he grew up that privileged that he was only around white kids in school or his neighborhood I'm still calling BS on it, because that's decidedly NOT the MO of upper class white kids in NYC.  My husband, who grew up lower middle class in "The Heights" in Manhattan had many Hispanic friends (his best friend and best man at our wedding was Puerto Rican 41 years ago) and I had many Hispanics in my classes in school, even dated them, and NOBODY was picked on 50+ years ago for being Hispanic so I just don't buy it, sorry.

but that's YOUR experience, not his

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, cinsays said:

but that's YOUR experience, not his

I especially don't buy it from a very intelligent, well presented young man with no accent, no ethnic ways about him whatsoever.  I grew up at a time when if anyone was going to get picked on for their ethnicity that was it.  He grew up in more enlightened times so I'm still not buying it.  He may have been ultra sensitive to being "different" and equated that with being singled out but that's not being picked on for your ethnicity.  And I'm still having a hard time believing he wasn't around any other Hispanics unless he grew up very rich and isolated.  In which case I have less sympathy for him because most Hispanics don't grow up rich!  And P.S.  I have a LOT Of experience with NYC going back over 6 decades so I think I know enough about this to generalize beyond my own experience.  I have known MANY Hispanics from NYC and NONE of them ever said they were picked on for being Hispanic!

And besides, Miguel is a bit of a geek.  I can see him being picked on more for THAT than his ethnicity by far.  He may have assumed it was because of being Hispanic but he may have been wrong about that.  

Edited by Yeah No
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I don't like Morgan at all but I smell something rotten with this entire storyline.  She is SO over the top, out of context and made to look shrew-like that I almost can't believe she is for real.  Which is sending up my radar to think the show is making her look much worse by not divulging to the audience the ONE BIG DETAIL that would make her look even a little justified. 

Ahhhh, you might be on to something…. Production might be trying to teach her a lesson for lying to them by deliberately giving her a really bad edit.

it’s a pretty foolish move to lie to production when they are the ones who control the narrative and the spin. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I could see it. I think he said NY, not NYC, so maybe he meant elsewhere

He definitely said "New York" not "NYC" so he could have lived somewhere else in that huge state. Also, I tend to believe someone who recounts their experience with sexism, racism, colorism, ageism, etc until they give me a reason not to believe them. My experience and perception is not theirs. As a 60+ year old woman, I have experienced enough dismissal in business (and other) settings to know when the Good Ol' Boys Club is at play... so I believe Miguel when he shares his experience.

Do you think Morgan DMs Alyssa to talk about how such 2 wonderful women were so unfairly betrayed? As the saying goes, they can't use what you don't give them!

It was nice to see Stacia's second family and hear about her high school experience. Were they at the wedding?

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 10
43 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

And besides, Miguel is a bit of a geek.  I can see him being picked on more for THAT than his ethnicity by far.  He may have assumed it was because of being Hispanic but he may have been wrong about that.  

No one but Miguel is in a position to say why he was picked on. He’s the only one who’s  lived his life. I disagree that wealthy white New Yorker City-dwellers can’t be racist (go on IG and look up “Black at [any NYC private school, e.g. Brearley]”) and fervently disagree that growing up in the 90s means he couldn’t have experienced racism. I’m close to Miguel’s age, Black, and grew up in Philly, which is a majority minority city, and have a long list of racist experiences that I continue to add to, up to and including being called the N-word (the first time was when I was five). I’ve spent much of my adult life in NYC, and ditto, and my NYC family has stories that would curl your hair. NYC and other big cities are diverse, which mean you will encounter people of different races regularly, but that doesn’t mean you’ll treat them well.

4 hours ago, azprimadonna said:

Mitch seems to be making an effort with Krysten, although I can see him going back to his stubborn ways when the cameras leave.

I really go back and forth on Mitch. He was a complete asshole about that stupid shirt but he also displays a lot of emotional intelligence, and I thought his letter was sweet. I also completely agreed with him when he was like “talking to your friends is normal, wtf?”

I LOVED Nate calling Morgan on her shit, and I really hope the preview is accurate and the new expert is calling her vindictive, because she totally is. She’s really immature and nowhere near ready for marriage. She keeps saying Binh should have her back and I’m like, have your back about what? She’s committed to her anger, not the marriage. Binh should leave but she’s going to be the one to call it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9

OK fine, no one has to agree with me about Miguel but I prefer to rely on my own perceptions and opinions, which incidentally are usually later revealed to be correct when it comes to the people on this show.  I don't expect everyone to agree with me but I don't appreciate feeling ganged up on either for my opinions.  I would prefer being able to give an opinion and not feel constantly harangued for it.  It's especially hurtful because I have a lot of first hand knowledge and experience in this area.

• Hugs 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

OK fine, no one has to agree with me about Miguel but I prefer to rely on my own perceptions and opinions, which incidentally are usually later revealed to be correct when it comes to the people on this show.  I don't expect everyone to agree with me but I don't appreciate feeling ganged up on either for my opinions.  I would prefer being able to give an opinion and not feel constantly harangued for it.  It's especially hurtful because I have a lot of first hand knowledge and experience in this area.

You should always feel free to express yourself hear. He'll, you keep the threads going a lot of the time.

I would just encourage you to talk about your experiences but not push them on to others like Miguel.

It might actually be that Miguel felt ganged up on for one thing but it was really another.

Kids and people in general are also assholes so they can pick on you for anything. There is also the issue for some that you get picked on for not being ENOUGH. You are not black enough, not man enough, not Puerto Rican enough and that sucks just as much.

But his journey is his journey and I thinks that is what others are saying. Not yours, mine or ours.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

Do you think Morgan DMs Alyssa to talk about how such 2 wonderful women were so unfairly betrayed?

They probably just repeat “I’m a good fucking person!” “My husband should have my back!” over and over.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

You should always feel free to express yourself hear. He'll, you keep the threads going a lot of the time.

I would just encourage you to talk about your experiences but not push them on to others like Miguel.

It might actually be that Miguel felt ganged up on for one thing but it was really another.

Kids and people in general are also assholes so they can pick on you for anything. There is also the issue for some that you get picked on for not being ENOUGH. You are not black enough, not man enough, not Puerto Rican enough and that sucks just as much.

But his journey is his journey and I thinks that is what others are saying. Not yours, mine or ours.

People get picked on for what runners they wear or don't wear it's endless and it happens everywhere especially in schools, where you're either too cool or you're not.  Let's move on.

Edited by endure
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, azprimadonna said:

I thought this episode was better than most.  I felt Dr. Pepper did her homework on each couple and gave good advice.  Going back into each person's background helped me understand each of them better.  I actively disliked Nate and I can now see what Stasia might see in him.  Mitch seems to be making an effort with Krysten, although I can see him going back to his stubborn ways when the cameras leave.  Justin and Alexis both have individual issues that will sink this marriage. ( I could never give up my dog).  I love Miguel and Lindy and I enjoyed their sharing.  Poor Binh, and I thought pre-season that he would be the problem.  Send Morgan home.  That whole thing with reading Binh's letter first and her walking out was so bitchy.  

It seems they have to earn our trust too, I haven't any idea what Binh did to deserve such venom from Morgan but she never got over the first misstep or accept his apology and move on, he never gets a word in edgewise with her.  She needs someone to stand up to her and it's not him. I get the impression they are probably not even living together. I really don't like or trust how this show puts a bully or emotionally abusive person with the nicest people and they do it every season, it is intentional imo and  it's wrong.  I think Mitch is probably an OK guy but def set in his ways and not used to sharing his life - I hope he can stay committed, they have come a long way together.  I like Miguel & Lindy together and Stacia & Nate just not their 'power couple' image ~ whatever that is. But next episode they will all be fighting and breaking up lol.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

No one but Miguel is in a position to say why he was picked on. He’s the only one who’s  lived his life. I disagree that wealthy white New Yorker City-dwellers can’t be racist (go on IG and look up “Black at [any NYC private school, e.g. Brearley]”) and fervently disagree that growing up in the 90s means he couldn’t have experienced racism. I’m close to Miguel’s age, Black, and grew up in Philly, which is a majority minority city, and have a long list of racist experiences that I continue to add to, up to and including being called the N-word (the first time was when I was five). I’ve spent much of my adult life in NYC, and ditto, and my NYC family has stories that would curl your hair. NYC and other big cities are diverse, which mean you will encounter people of different races regularly, but that doesn’t mean you’ll treat them well.

New York is one of those special places where you can often predict someone's attitude toward other races by where they live.  Sorry to say but it is true.  

By the way Miguel's bios say he originally hails from Manhattan, NY.  Unless he grew up in a rich neighborhood on the upper East or West sides I would imagine he grew up in the heavily Hispanic Washington Heights made famous by the movie "In the Heights".  There are many rich snobs on the Upper East and even West sides of Manhattan and they will snub you for anything including not wearing the right clothes, so I would still find it hard to believe that the vast majority wouldn't be progressive about race.

I asked my husband to ask his Puerto Rican best friend, who he grew up with in Washington Heights, for his take on Miguel.  Would you believe he texted him and got a response right away?  He asked him how he felt about a PR guy of about 35 who grew up in Manhattan claiming he was bullied for being PR.  His immediate response was, "In Manhattan?  Oh, give me a break".  We doubled over laughing.  Anyway, I rest my case.

Whenever I look at Lindy, I'm expecting rainbows to shoot out of her ass.  She's just acts so.....twee and cutesy.   I still don't think Miguel is 100% into it even if they say Yes on Decision Day.

I hope Justin gets his dog back, and he and Binh take a bro trip together after this mess is over.  Mitch can come along, too, and he can dispose of the plastic and beer cans after they finish partying.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Why is this first  time the couples have seen Dr. Pepper since before the wedding?  They  can’t have timely access to her because they are on the west coast? 

I’m no longer interested in seeing Morgan, Alexis or Justin on my screen. 

The Kristyn and Mitch situation confuses me too because there are some episodes where she tells the camera that everything is so perfect and she's never connected with someone this easily and how amazing they are together.. and then the next episode, he is trying to wipe away her dreams and she has to give up so much of herself to be with him. They show snippets of things but the storytelling seems like it's missing a lot and it leaves me confused. 

Personally, I find Mitch unbearable. I care about the planet too but he seems to use it as a card to get out of things and he is way too much with it. 

I think the experts should step in instantly right after the wedding, before they even go on their honeymoons. Let the experts remind the contestants why they signed up for this and try to navigate them to not mess up before they inevitably mess up. Talk to the couples about what each of them needs to put into the marriage to make it work and how NOT to act from day 1. I don't understand why the experts step in after a month and everything goes awry. They wait too long.( By the way, it's not lost on me that the show and the experts want the drama which is why they wait so long to step in, but it's getting embarrassing how many failed marriages there are season after season that you'd think they'd want to salvage at least 1 or 2.

14 hours ago, endure said:

I tend to like Dr. Cal's therapy sessions with them the most out of the 3 of them. Dr. Pepper is useless and too easygoing with them and Dr. Viv has a constant smile that I just want to smack off her face . Cal doesn't always go hard enough on them but he at least rolls his eyes and lets them know how ridiculous they're being. I personally think Kevin Frazier should be the therapist each season because he tells them like it is.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

The Kristyn and Mitch situation confuses me too because there are some episodes where she tells the camera that everything is so perfect and she's never connected with someone this easily and how amazing they are together.. and then the next episode, he is trying to wipe away her dreams and she has to give up so much of herself to be with him. They show snippets of things but the storytelling seems like it's missing a lot and it leaves me confused. 

Personally, I find Mitch unbearable. I care about the planet too but he seems to use it as a card to get out of things and he is way too much with it. 

I think the experts should step in instantly right after the wedding, before they even go on their honeymoons. Let the experts remind the contestants why they signed up for this and try to navigate them to not mess up before they inevitably mess up. Talk to the couples about what each of them needs to put into the marriage to make it work and how NOT to act from day 1. I don't understand why the experts step in after a month and everything goes awry. They wait too long.( By the way, it's not lost on me that the show and the experts want the drama which is why they wait so long to step in, but it's getting embarrassing how many failed marriages there are season after season that you'd think they'd want to salvage at least 1 or 2.

I tend to like Dr. Cal's therapy sessions with them the most out of the 3 of them. Dr. Pepper is useless and too easygoing with them and Dr. Viv has a constant smile that I just want to smack off her face . Cal doesn't always go hard enough on them but he at least rolls his eyes and lets them know how ridiculous they're being. I personally think Kevin Frazier should be the therapist each season because he tells them like it is.

Binh should call it quits on Morgan. That ship has sailed unless he likes abuse.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Call me crazy, but I actually enjoyed this episode, which is unusual since by this point I'm checking out. I thought Miguel and Lindy were sweet with their "I love you" and "I said it first". I thought Nate and Stacia were sweet talking to Nate's dad, and Mitch's letter to himself was sad. When he said "my anger was just to hide the hurt" I totally felt like I understood him more. I liked Krysten acknowledging that she was still holding onto the anger from the honeymoon, but she was over it now. Morgan could use her as an example on working through anger.

Nate is making me a believer. I thought he was a total dog after that bachelor party, but he has some depth, and I like how calm he is even when he is upset at Stacia. He wins this episode for calling out Morgan in front of the group. Ok Bihn lied, but why is she so rage filled? Notice how she immediately calmed down when Nate stood up to her and called her out, but when it's just her and Bihn, she totally bullies him.

Regarding Miguel getting bullied, I think he said he wasn't Puerto Rican enough in NY, and he was too American when he went to PR, so he didn't feel like he fit in anywhere. I live in CA and I know Hispanic people that don't speak Spanish and are pretty Americanized and they most certainly get called out for it, so I could see that happening.

I am just FF through Justin and Alexis. They are a waste of time.

• Applause 1
  • Love 12

As Krysten and Mitch were talking to Dr. Pepper. Mitch's arm was up around Krysten's shoulders, as she was talking his arm disappeared and she was leaning so far towards Dr. Pepper like she couldn't get far enough away from Mitch. (Body Language)

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

New York is one of those special places where you can often predict someone's attitude toward other races by where they live.  Sorry to say but it is true.  

By the way Miguel's bios say he originally hails from Manhattan, NY.  Unless he grew up in a rich neighborhood on the upper East or West sides I would imagine he grew up in the heavily Hispanic Washington Heights made famous by the movie "In the Heights".  There are many rich snobs on the Upper East and even West sides of Manhattan and they will snub you for anything including not wearing the right clothes, so I would still find it hard to believe that the vast majority wouldn't be progressive about race.

I asked my husband to ask his Puerto Rican best friend, who he grew up with in Washington Heights, for his take on Miguel.  Would you believe he texted him and got a response right away?  He asked him how he felt about a PR guy of about 35 who grew up in Manhattan claiming he was bullied for being PR.  His immediate response was, "In Manhattan?  Oh, give me a break".  We doubled over laughing.  Anyway, I rest my case.

I wouldn’t want anyone to discount my lived experiences, so like @TeapotWakeen says, I believe Miguel about his.

2 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Regarding Miguel getting bullied, I think he said he wasn't Puerto Rican enough in NY, and he was too American when he went to PR, so he didn't feel like he fit in anywhere. I live in CA and I know Hispanic people that don't speak Spanish and are pretty Americanized and they most certainly get called out for it, so I could see that happening.

An ex of mine is from Puerto Rico and moved to NYC and said his relatives in PR would give him and his brother shit about being too Americanized. My best friend is first-generation Korean-American and doesn’t speak Korean and other Koreans and Korean-Americans have given her & her sibling a hard time for not speaking it, and her parents a hard time for not teaching them.

38 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

Agree about Pastor Cal. He really held Atlanta Chris’s feet to the fire. A good counselor will call you on your shit and force you to face it, and that doesn’t happen often enough with the other experts. The new Black expert who I think has replaced Dr. Viviana (I don’t know her name) seems to be pretty plain-spoken so maybe she’ll be a strong voice. Morgan has built this up in her head that she’s the victim and has zero concept of her role in any of this, and that’s not going to serve her well here or in any other relationship (romantic, platonic, professional) she has going forward.

• Applause 1
  • Love 6

I think Morgan has a lot of anger and is just looking for (imaginary) reasons to get upset.  In the wedding episode she was mad at Bihn for testing covid and she said she didn't really believe him and thought he made up a reason to not get married.  

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I think Morgan has a lot of anger and is just looking for (imaginary) reasons to get upset.  In the wedding episode she was mad at Bihn for testing covid and she said she didn't really believe him and thought he made up a reason to not get married.  

Did she?! I either forgot or missed that. He didn’t get COVID out of spite, my God.

I was so ready to dislike Binh because of his extreme cheapness, but I dislike Morgan way more - I like her the least out of the cast. She seems like a deeply unpleasant person. Again, I hope she’s very different at work because I wouldn’t want her taking care of me if that’s how she acts, stomping around with a chip on her shoulder.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

There is nothing missing between Krysten and Mitch. Literally everytime she says they have a perfect marriage she follows it up by complaining about him or his attitude. They were never a happy couple. I think Krysten has been so concerned with everyone being team Mitch that she overly sugar-coated their marriage before complaining. But, she has had these same complaints the whole time. On screen. She's just finally fed up.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I think Dr. P got it right when she called him self righteous.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

My observations:

-Krystin has a beautiful figure. I like that she is self-aware enough to realize that although it takes effort to make a marriage work, she may have gone a bit too far to accommodate Mitch, especially after he told her very early on he wasn't attracted.

-Mitch is so not my type. Must he use every situation to point out his self-righteous views on the environment (the "Green New Deal" t-shirt was a bit much)?

-I really think Binh might be a bit on the spectrum: his focused obsession on money; along with his profound evident confusion/befuddlement on Morgan being mad and how to communicate; his constant repetition of words while looking as if he really isn't aware of what he's saying (just like last week: "I talked behind her back and lied to her face," which was verbatim what SHE had said)

-Morgan is all about having the last word, having control, having the upper hand, being a victim. She has some issues. Her dramatic "I just don't feel comfortable reading my letter!" was not unexpected, but worthy of many eyerolls.

-just me, but I can't stand the constant "baby, baby, babe" stuff that Alexis and Justin do. Especially when they are arguing. "So BABE, just ask me if I'm upset, don't ask how I'm doing" (huh?); "you doing ok, babeh?" ecch. Also, Alexis sometimes talks circles about what she is expecting so I can understand why Justin so often has a blank look on his face.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Exactly!  Which is why Miguel would most likely have lived in the Bronx, Bushwick, Brooklyn or Spanish Harlem.  For whatever reason, there aren't too many Puerto Ricans in Queens and on Staten Island.  

It pains me to see the way Morgan treats Binh.  She has that poor guy cowed.  I wish they'd hold wide back, blabber mouth Alexis's feet to the fire.  She is the cause of all this.  Had it not been for Morgan and Binh, Justin and Alexis' relationship or lack thereof would have the one being scrutinized.  I hope he has the good sense to go and get his dog after they've part ways, because they will, sooner or later.  I can't help but wonder if Morgan would have been so hard on Binh if he were a Caucasian male.  Yeah, I went there.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Worst (eye-roll inducing) line from Alexis this week:

So, while paging through her scrap book, she points to a few pictures of her playing basketball as a kid and says…(drumroll please)….”MVP. Always.”

Seriously???? I guess in all of her perfect days in her perfect life she never learned that humility is an admirable and attractive trait. This woman’s ego knows no bounds. Uggggghhhhhh. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 6