Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E11: Back to Our Future

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah, I had that reaction too.  Being from NYC that didn't square with my experience there at all.  Even years ago that didn't happen.  I know because I was there and paying attention.  I almost want to call BS on that.  Unless he was the lone Hispanic way out in some odd area of Queens, but even that wouldn't make any sense to me, especially for someone of his relatively young age.  

I second that opinion.  I grew up in the Bronx, N.Y.C., moved to Westchester Country in 4th grade.  Then moved to CT when married.  In EACH setting, the Puerto Rican population was very integrated into every aspect of life that I recall.  In school, work and neighborhoods.

16 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Also, why aren't Alexis and Justin being called on the carpet for blabbing all of this around? 

THANK YOU!!  My thoughts EXACTLY!👏

• Applause 1

I think maybe Morgan told Binh something deeply personal, like she gave up a a baby for adoption, or she was molested as a child, or she was arrested once for shoplifting (totally making these up) and he went and told Justin and that is why she is so pissed.  Something that she did not want to get out either on TV or to the other couples (who could then tell the world on some podcast or whatever once the show was over).   That sucks the only explanation I can find for the amount of rage that she has.  If it was just a matter of them having an argument over who makes dinner tonight or some other silly thing and Binh running to Justin for advice about that, she wouldn’t (or at least shouldn’t) be so mad. 

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

What a bitch move. Morgan showed up knowing she wasn’t going to read her letter, tells Binh to go first and then walks out. Poor Binh looked so uncomfortable and nervous reading his and them gets that verbal slap in the face.  Wow!  

She did it to hurt him. She actually intentionally tried to hurt him & that's most problematic. They just went from bad to worse. Another nail in the coffin. Someone ask them what the hell they want, what their purpose is in continuing.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I think he said he wasn't Puerto Rican enough in NY, and he was too American when he went to PR,

8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

claiming he was bullied for being PR. 

"Not being Puerto Rican enough" ==/== "being Puerto Rican"

Anyways, I will admit to being pleasantly surprised that Lindy hasn't spiraled out of control yet... and kinda mad that I'm liking Nate after the "on your knees" early Morgan-level hatred I had for him. (Dabs eyes) I'm a good person, y'all!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Katie111 said:

I think maybe Morgan told Binh something deeply personal, like she gave up a a baby for adoption, or she was molested as a child, or she was arrested once for shoplifting (totally making these up) and he went and told Justin and that is why she is so pissed.  Something that she did not want to get out either on TV or to the other couples (who could then tell the world on some podcast or whatever once the show was over).   That sucks the only explanation I can find for the amount of rage that she has.  If it was just a matter of them having an argument over who makes dinner tonight or some other silly thing and Binh running to Justin for advice about that, she wouldn’t (or at least shouldn’t) be so mad. 

That would make sense except she told  all the couples that she would  have understood and been ok if Binh had just come to her and told her that he was frustrated and  had vented to Justin, and then told her what he had said. 
On the previous episode she accused Binh of lying to Justin about her.  She’s just inconsistent about whether it’s what he said or just the mere fact that he talked to Justin about her at all. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, shok said:

So many interesting, thoughtful, sensitive, touching moments between the four couples tonight and all the comments are about a pair that have been done for a month who, thankfully, are getting very little air time?

I thought they did a good job of showing some real emotion and falling-in-love moments between Mitch & Krysten, Miguel & Lindy, and Nate and Stacia. It certainly filled out the personality and character of them, and even Justin and Alexis although she didn't come off very well as we got to know her better. But from what was shown tonight, I could actually see the first three couples working things out and staying married. They all seemed like good couples.

I second this!

17 hours ago, azprimadonna said:

That whole thing with reading Binh's letter first and her walking out was so bitchy.  

And just like with throwing the roses on the ground, you can tell she thought she was oh-so-justified in doing it.

12 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

It was nice to see Stacia's second family and hear about her high school experience. Were they at the wedding?

It appears not, since Stacia was introducing them for the first time, not re-introducing.

10 hours ago, endure said:

I get the impression they are probably not even living together. 

Yes, she told the other wives that she had moved out.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I always find myself thinking Nate is sketchy and I make fun of his younger self's shady business dealings, but he frequently says things that make me want to stand up and applaud. In this episode, I loved how he called Morgan out on her sh!t by saying that he's always know Bihn to be cool, calm, and collected, so why is Morgan so hostile. 

Agree with this 100%. I watched him say that stuff to Morgan and kept thinking, when did this guy become the voice of reason?

Morgan is on her way to getting her BS in Victimology. She is a rotten person.

Edited by gwen747
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I was so ready to dislike Binh because of his extreme cheapness, but I dislike Morgan way more - I like her the least out of the cast. She seems like a deeply unpleasant person. Again, I hope she’s very different at work because I wouldn’t want her taking care of me if that’s how she acts, stomping around with a chip on her shoulder.

I was ready to loath Binh the minute he started demading Morgan turn off the lights and sit in the dark between 4 - 11 so they can save on electricity. Now I so totally feel sorry. I don't see any issue with him talking Justin. I agree that he should not have lied about talking to Justin whenever she ask - the "lies to her face" that are perturbing her so. But she should also be asking herself, why have I made it such that has to lie whenever he seeks a friend for advice?" She should be happy enough that Justin is invested enough to see suggestions from someone so he and fix the problem.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Morgan shows what the problem is with reacting the way she does. She may be totally justified in her anger, we most likely haven't seen everything that happened between she & Binh, but when people behave the way she does, then THEY look like the ones in the wrong.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I know Mitch and Krysten have moments where they seem to really like each other and get along, but I don't think they will stay married for any length of time even if they decide to on decision day. I think Krysten will always have that feeling that she has to change for him and his views are too extreme. And with Mitch, I don't think he's attracted to her and that really has nothing to do with her and everything to do with him. He signed up for this show and expected a drop dead gorgeous girl who also shouldn't have any hobbies besides talking about and saving the planet. When you are the type of person who has so many requirements, this isn't the situation for you. Besides, he's in his 40's and if I remember correctly, really had nothing serious with anyone before.. so there's a problem with him that he's not facing or owning up to. He doesn't seem like a bad guy but he most certainly has commitment issues and thinks if someone isn't his ideal standard of perfection, she's not the one for him.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

I think Krysten will always have that feeling that she has to change for him 

Remember back during the honeymoon when Mitch first said that he wasn't attracted, Krysten handled it calmly and basically said something to him like, "This is me, who I am, take it or leave it" and then she told the other wives something about how the power dynamic has changed and she is now the boss?  Clearly that's not how it played out in terms of how she chose to behave as the weeks went on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Demon slay his demons? Oh Binh. They should all be in therapy to work through their childhood traumas. Geez. 1st Nate, now Binh. I wonder who else will sign up. 🤔 Morgan needs to. Badly.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

Besides, he's in his 40's and if I remember correctly, really had nothing serious with anyone before.. so there's a problem with him that he's not facing or owning up to. He doesn't seem like a bad guy but he most certainly has commitment issues and thinks if someone isn't his ideal standard of perfection, she's not the one for him.

I agree that perhaps he and Krysten will remain "friends"; however, Mitch is 100% NOT MARRIAGE MATERIAL.

I think that Mitch is "married" to his "cause" and that's where his passion lies.  Regarding his expecting a "drop-dead gorgeous mate," I think that Krysten is attractive with a lovely figure and personality so there's that.....I think the most "gorgeous" encounter Mitch is likely to have is with some perfect piece of trash he's able to retrieve from his ongoing adventures in saving the planet.😄

Mitch reminds me, to an extent of New Orleans, Bennett, who, too had little regard for "material things" and basically lived a very primative lifestyle that he loved above marriage. 

I don't think Mitch will ever embrace the discipline and responsibilities required to function in a healthy marriage, especially where children are concerned.

• Love 5

Since he said he liked being an uncle, he obviously likes kids so I think he'd make a pretty good dad. 

I remember him saying his dream date was Jessica Biel, and it's probably because she has a great body.  Krysten has a nice body but she has a flat ass.

44 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

Mitch reminds me, to an extent of New Orleans, Bennett, who, too had little regard for "material things" and basically lived a very primative lifestyle that he loved above marriage. 

Bennett seemed to be more willing to compromise than Mitch. Bennett was willing to move for Amelia’s residency match (which IMO should have ruled out Amelia for the show - it’s unfair to a person to have to relocate for a stranger), and Amelia seemed more into quirk than materialism so they seemed like a good match.

I do think that both Bennett and Mitch need to be with people who are like them because their lifestyles are really specific. I’m not living in a tiny house or whatever Bennett lived in (didn’t he live in a shed or something?). Krysten is right that she’s been compromising a lot and I don’t think Mitch would. We saw him with that damn shirt. Like can you imagine how Mitch would react if you were like “can we just chill on the trash sorting for today?” Or if they had a bunch of kids and she wanted an SUV or minivan (gas guzzlers) to haul them around?

31 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Since [Mitch] said he liked being an uncle, he obviously likes kids so I think he'd make a pretty good dad. 

And his nieces did seem bonded to him. He also seems to really admire his own late dad, which I thought was sweet. I really vacillate on him.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Glad they included Justin & Alexis talking after the disastrous dinner so I saw them resolve it. I can't stand when they pick up with them doing something else & I'm left wondering what happened & if they're on good terms.

18 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't see any issue with him talking Justin.

But his wife does.

I agree that he should not have lied about talking to Justin whenever she ask - the "lies to her face" that are perturbing her so.

On the after-show, two and maybe all three of the guys said that Binh's lying was no bueno.  So it appears Morgan has some allies on that. 

But she should also be asking herself, why have I made it such that has to lie whenever he seeks a friend for advice?" She should be happy enough that Justin is invested enough to see suggestions from someone so he and fix the problem.

It's not whenever he seeks advice from a friend--it's when he seeks advice from a fellow castmember, which she specifically asked him not to do.  And I think it's based on the honeymoon incident, where Binh proved himself to be an unreliable narrator, and she didn't trust him not to get more shit wrong, and was trying to at least not have it happen again within the show's microcosm. 

Was there no one else on the planet Binh could talk to?  Like maybe somebody he's known for more than a couple of weeks, who he won't have to lie about talking to? 

I'm not one to yell "disrespect!" at the drop of a hat, but I do see disrespect when a husband knows that his wife doesn't want him to do something and he intentionally does it anyway, repeatedly, and lies about it to her every time.  Morgan's scorched earth approach isn't a good look, and I like to think I would be more moderate if Binh did to me what he did to her, but I would be really pissed off. 

Especially after he told her that when all the guys got together, he told them he wouldn't talk about Morgan's and his relationship out of respect for his wife.  He forgot to add the part about how this grandstanding gesture doesn't extend to talking to individuals.

Plus, none of this even addresses how indiscreet Justin was, letting Alexis listen to their conversations.  That makes two cast members who were hearing about their problems.  If I were Morgan, I'd be pissed about that, too., although in the end I'd see the silver lining in her spilling the beans.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Justin was a bad owner who picked bad "trainers." Oh well.

I don't really know anything about how Justin cared for Mya, apart from what we have seen. I will say that dogs who are dog aggressive cannot always be "fixed." Sometimes the best you can do for them is to find them homes where they will have only minimal and highly supervised contact with other dogs. It's possible that Mya really cannot live with another dog. I hope that she found a good home and is well cared for.

• Like 1
On 9/15/2022 at 5:26 PM, Katie111 said:

We’ve seen Morgan.   There’s no way on earth she told Bihn anything deeply personal. She has walls around her walls.  She seemed most mad that he lied about talking to Justin than whatever he may have said about her. 

On 9/15/2022 at 4:39 PM, pdlinda said:

I second that opinion.  I grew up in the Bronx, N.Y.C., moved to Westchester Country in 4th grade.  Then moved to CT when married.  In EACH setting, the Puerto Rican population was very integrated into every aspect of life that I recall.  In school, work and neighborhoods.

I grew up a fairly diverse city.   And I also experienced racism and was reminded of my Blackness.  I don’t get this argument that a PR in NYC would not have a similar experience.   You have to also take into consideration that he was a nerdy dude into dungeons and dragons, which may have meant he socializing in a less diverse group.   

• Like 4
  • Love 5
On 9/15/2022 at 6:05 PM, mythoughtis said:

On the previous episode she accused Binh of lying to Justin about her.  She’s just inconsistent about whether it’s what he said or just the mere fact that he talked to Justin about her at all. 

This is it in a nutshell when it comes to Morgan. She talks in circles. When she's mad because he lied, he apologizes, then she backtracks and claims it's because he talked to someone outside if their relationship. If she says she's mad because he talked to someone about their relationship, he apologizes, then she backtracks once again, and claims it's because he lied. 

She's exhausting.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

It's possible that Mya really cannot live with another dog. I hope that she found a good home and is well cared for.

I got the impression that Mya will be staying where she is and not going to anyone's house, since Alexis told Dr. Pepper that they recommended Justin not go to pick her up and, "She's going to be out there working on the farm."

• Like 1
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I got the impression that Mya will be staying where she is and not going to anyone's house, since Alexis told Dr. Pepper that they recommended Justin not go to pick her up and, "She's going to be out there working on the farm."

Which cracked me up because isn't that what parents tell the kids when they put the family dog to sleep?  They took him to live on a farm?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Lindz said:

Nice moment when Miguel told Lindy he loves her. However surface it appears to be. He's still uncomfortable to watch because he's not masculine. 😅

Would you please elaborate a bit on that impression you have of Miguel?  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 9/16/2022 at 10:30 AM, LuvMyShows said:

Remember back during the honeymoon when Mitch first said that he wasn't attracted, Krysten handled it calmly and basically said something to him like, "This is me, who I am, take it or leave it" and then she told the other wives something about how the power dynamic has changed and she is now the boss?  Clearly that's not how it played out in terms of how she chose to behave as the weeks went on.

Which is why I said back then that her "I'm the captain now!" Was mostly bluster to me.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Which cracked me up because isn't that what parents tell the kids when they put the family dog to sleep?  They took him to live on a farm?

That’s why I was worried - that Mya may be living in that same metaphorical farm…

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
On 9/15/2022 at 1:29 AM, Yeah No said:

I don't like Morgan at all but I smell something rotten with this entire storyline.  She is SO over the top, out of context and made to look shrew-like that I almost can't believe she is for real.  Which is sending up my radar to think the show is making her look much worse by not divulging to the audience the ONE BIG DETAIL that would make her look even a little justified.  And that's precisely what Binh told Justin about Morgan.  If it was bad enough, she wouldn't be looking as bad right now.  And Binh wouldn't be so quick to accept blame and say he needs therapy to address his issues.  I feel like we are being BSed again by the show with this crap.  They have done this before.  This is their usual MO when they want to amp up the drama - they do it at someone's expense.  Also, why aren't Alexis and Justin being called on the carpet for blabbing all of this around?  Probably because the show loves it that they are causing drama by stirring the shit and giving away people's confidences.  Binh himself should be pissed off at both of them for leaking out what was told to Justin in confidence.  Pepper should have called them out for that but didn't.  Which also makes me suspicious.

On 9/16/2022 at 5:28 AM, ByTor said:

Morgan shows what the problem is with reacting the way she does. She may be totally justified in her anger, we most likely haven't seen everything that happened between she & Binh, but when people behave the way she does, then THEY look like the ones in the wrong.

We need to get at least a clue about what Binh lied about and why Morgan feels so betrayed.

Keeping us in the dark just makes Morgan look crazy.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

We need to get at least a clue about what Binh lied about and why Morgan feels so betrayed.

Keeping us in the dark just makes Morgan look crazy.

On one hand I think the show is getting even with Morgan for lying about being finished with her BSN (just guessing, but something tells me there's a rule about being a student that would have disqualified her from being a cast member). But on the other, Nate did bring up her hostility, so maybe she is just a vindictive person. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Mitch pointed out that it’s normal to talk to the other cast mates since the experience is so unique. Morgan looks like a lunatic with her awful behavior.

Miguel is adorable. I hope Lindy keeps up her good behavior. She’s lucky to have him considering how lazy she is.

Nate and Stacia are shaping up to be a good couple.

Poor Justin. I don’t think Alexis is going to ever be happy with him.

Mitch seems fond of Krysten but something’s missing.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 9/18/2022 at 8:35 AM, ByTor said:

On one hand I think the show is getting even with Morgan for lying about being finished with her BSN (just guessing, but something tells me there's a rule about being a student that would have disqualified her from being a cast member). But on the other, Nate did bring up her hostility, so maybe she is just a vindictive person. 

Haven't there been other cast members that were going to school?

I would bet lying about her BSN is just one of many she's told all throughout her life.  She can't trust anyone because she can't be trusted.  No one is this paranoid unless they have a reason to be paranoid.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

👎Stacia messing with her hair while asking Nate's dad about raising him. & 👎 Nate's dad saying he tried to raise him not to cry. 😒😒 He looks downright elderly but damn, still hasn't evolved?

• Love 1

I'm even more ever Krysten. What nonsense is she talking? She doesn't want to make him happy anymore because she resents him? & WHOSE FAULT IS THAT??? How is she mad at him for her own choices??? How is she mad she's not getting what she wants when she didn't even ask??? I can't!

Late to the party but OMG Morgan makes my blood boil.  It is so uncomfortable watching her bulldoze over Bihn. I cannot take one more minute of her over the top accusations about how he betrays her over and over and how its all been about him and her dramatically dropping the flowers because she thinks she's such a badass and refusing to let him speak and just keeps up with her hysterics meanwhile she's sitting in the apartment talking trash about him to all the girls.  There is either a ton of missing context here or she's a complete phony, majorly damaged and 100% full of shit.  Still not one word about what he has actually said that betrays her so much.  I guess if the punishment fits the crime he must be a mass murderer.  And Bihn, please stop apologizing. You've screwed up and have owned it and apologized enough.  Its time to tell her to go to hell.  The fact of the matter is she confessed a lie to you, you repeated the lie to a "friend" Justin. So really she's the liar and yes you were wrong to repeat it  but SHES THE LIAR! SAY THAT OUT LOUD TO HER and then go find yourself a nice emotionally mature woman to have a calm and normal life with.  And Alexis you're full of shit too. You did this on purpose to drum up drama and then use your psychology class words to talk about it.  Love the rest of the couples. They all have issues, no one is perfect but they're mature enough to acknowledge them and work on it.  

• Applause 3
  • Love 3

I am still unclear about why all of the wives thought it was a great idea to go over to the husband's get together to confront Bihn.  Who initially brought up that idea?  It tells me a lot about whomever started the lynch mob-but I don't remember who it was.  It seems like Krysten was the last one to agree to go, but am foggy about the build up to that.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I am still unclear about why all of the wives thought it was a great idea to go over to the husband's get together to confront Bihn.  Who initially brought up that idea?  It tells me a lot about whomever started the lynch mob-but I don't remember who it was.  It seems like Krysten was the last one to agree to go, but am foggy about the build up to that.

The producers, most likely. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, lauralu said:

And Alexis you're full of shit too. You did this on purpose to drum up drama and then use your psychology class words to talk about it. 

THE DYNAMIC DUO:  ALEXIS and MORGAN!  Both self-absorbed "troublemakers" INTENT ON MAN SLAYING.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 9/19/2022 at 5:47 AM, Boo Boo said:

I would bet lying about her BSN is just one of many she's told all throughout her life. 

As an aside to your comment, I'm still curious about that massive tattoo she boldly displays with every clothing choice? 

It seems to be some sort of tribute to someone in a tropical setting???  I see it as some kind of life statement she's announcing to anyone interacting with her.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Binh might be a cheapskate, but I think he's a decent guy and hope he says NO on Decision Day--that is, if they even get that far.  He deserves better than being married to Morgan.  She's so proud of her "fighting" skills and it wouldn't surprise me if during an argument she punched a guy, who then tried to defend himself by pushing her away, and she wants him charged with assault.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Binh might be a cheapskate, but I think he's a decent guy and hope he says NO on Decision Day--that is, if they even get that far.  He deserves better than being married to Morgan.  She's so proud of her "fighting" skills and it wouldn't surprise me if during an argument she punched a guy, who then tried to defend himself by pushing her away, and she wants him charged with assault.

Binh is a cheapskate but for a good reason; he wants to be financially independent early in life and be able to spend time with his future wife and children. Good for him; I don't really have those powers of delayed gratification but I often wish that I did. And he doesn't seem to demand that his future wife totally share his thriftiness. 

I just don't like Morgan. I was fairly indifferent to her but started getting bad vibes when she automatically was suspicious that Binh faked COVID because he was getting cold feet about marrying a stranger. I think she has overblown her reaction to pretty much everything unless there is a whole lot that we haven't seen. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4