Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E07: Week 7

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, PBnJay said:

Gabby meets the parents while the parents meet Gabby's ass.

My dread is the bachelor handshake. I wonder if every season they get bonuses on that :::gag:::

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Gabby is definitely sharing more of her bod to the families than us necessary. She also clearly likes his lifestyle better than Jason. 

Is this a 3h episode? No way they get 7 HTs in 2h. 

I dont understand the less than modest clothing to meet the family. I know were in modern times, but since were okd fashioned enough to bring flowers, why not at least wear a sweater around that outfit 🤣

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, PBnJay said:

Guessing Tino was the frontrunner and production seeded his family to spew doubts (and make Rachel cry) because, drama.

And those tears prodded on by cruel producer questions. So i see these girls cry a lot, but i wonder how much they are led to it.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Lenny’s family from Meredith’s season and Desiree’s from Sean’s season would like to have a word. That visit is not  even in the top 20. Lol

Omg. Lanny and his mom. He was sooooo cute but she scared meredith off, i would have run screaming from her 🤣🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think Rachel did a good thing by not pretending to Tyler ‘s family. I’m sure they would rather not meet her then get invested in her only to be told she sent their son home after the date. I like both Rachel and Gabby but I’ve always liked Rachel a bit more because she seems very down to earth. Tino’s parents were awful and they should blame him for being on the show if they don’t like the concept.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

I was mistaken about hometowns being 2 episodes (with the exception of Aven's visit). It's the Fantasy Suites that are going to run for 2 nights. I just found this info.......

According to Reality Steve here is how the rest of the season's episodes will play out:
The Men Tell All special (+Aven's hometown) — Monday, Aug. 29
Episode 8: Fantasy Suites — Monday, Sept. 5
Episode 9: Fantasy Suites — Tuesday, Sept. 13
Episode 10: Finale — Tuesday, Sept. 20  /  The After The Final Rose live special — Tuesday, Sept. 20

Bach in Paradise starts 9/27 and I'm assuming will be on Tuesdays every week.
I'm not sure why bachelorette is on Tuesday night for two weeks. DWTS starts on Monday 9/19 but it will be streaming on Disney and not on ABC. Maybe football will start airing on Monday?

Monday Night Football should begin on September 12.

• Thanks 1

And yet another cryfest.  Really, Gabby?  Doing the Bachelor Handshake in that first dress?  I hope she had underwear otherwise everyone withing 100 feet would have a view of everything.  Just like Johnny's dad, I couldn't look away from her breasts in that top during that home visit.  And, just stop with the head nodding-that alone would drive me crazy.  Oh, and I noticed that Rachel has started doing the head bob-especially noticeable when she was breaking up with Tyler.

I just laughed when Rachel was explaining how she was able to get the men during dates (cancelled), cocktail parties (cancelled), and just spending time together (when?).  Both leads really don't know these final men.

Did anyone else catch during the airplane viewing date that Rachel pointed out a plane and said that's like the plane she flies?  It was a small plane (maybe even a propeller plane) so all of this talk about being an airline pilot is just that-talk.  According to this statement, she may be a pilot, but it's a small plane pilot and if she flies professionally it is most likely just sightseeing flights (yes, it's still impressive that she's a pilot, but the show may be making it seem more than it is [really?  this show making something seem like more than it is?]).

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

And yet another cryfest.  Really, Gabby?  Doing the Bachelor Handshake in that first dress?  I hope she had underwear otherwise everyone withing 100 feet would have a view of everything.  Just like Johnny's dad, I couldn't look away from her breasts in that top during that home visit.  And, just stop with the head nodding-that alone would drive me crazy.  Oh, and I noticed that Rachel has started doing the head bob-especially noticeable when she was breaking up with Tyler.

I just laughed when Rachel was explaining how she was able to get the men during dates (cancelled), cocktail parties (cancelled), and just spending time together (when?).  Both leads really don't know these final men.

Did anyone else catch during the airplane viewing date that Rachel pointed out a plane and said that's like the plane she flies?  It was a small plane (maybe even a propeller plane) so all of this talk about being an airline pilot is just that-talk.  According to this statement, she may be a pilot, but it's a small plane pilot and if she flies professionally it is most likely just sightseeing flights (yes, it's still impressive that she's a pilot, but the show may be making it seem more than it is [really?  this show making something seem like more than it is?]).

I caught that too. I hope Rachel flies a puddle jumper, because I don't even want to consider the possibility that she could be piloting any plane I might be unfortunate enough to enter. She's a basket case.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I understand why Rachel cancelled Tyler's family visit.  It seemed like she was overwhelmed by meeting just his friends/coworkers.  Then he told her he loved her.  I bet she had no idea how strongly Tyler felt about her.  She started to feel guilty and didn't want to face his family.  She knew she would be lying to them.  I just think the show should have stopped it then and never filmed Tyler's family waiting at home.  They could have just told them off camera and saved everyone from the disappointment.  But the show wants drama.  

Tino's dad seemed like he was from a different family.  He was just this tiny man that was disgusted with everything.  Tino tried saying they liked Rachel.  But Rachel knew they did not like her.  They did not even try to hide it.  But they seemed to forget their son also went on this crazy show.   

The fact Gabby wore proper clothes to meet Erich's family said a lot.  She was serious about him and making a good impression.  She went to the other family visits dressed like she just wanted to look sexy and didn't really care what they thought of her.  

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I know I'm old and clueless, but I'd love to know where Gabby even shops for her wardrobe. Is there some modern day Frederick's of Hollywood that I'm unaware of? She certainly has the body to pull it off, but I can't imagine she just finds this stuff in your typical department store or boutique.

• LOL 4
14 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Wow, the editing crew sure got that video put together fast! Especially since the hot tub date was just a few days before the events in this episode.

it amazes me how 50% of her relationship with Zach, minimal as it has been, involves reminiscing and watching themselves on video.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

it amazes me how 50% of her relationship with Zach, minimal as it has been, involves reminiscing and watching themselves on video.

Still more of a relationship that she had with Tyler who didn’t even get a 1-1 date.   Tyler’s a nice young guy.  I hope he finds someone who deserves him and his lovely family.   

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I am definitely in the minority on this forum, but I like Gabby, and have no issue with how she dresses. She's young. It is 2022- not the Victorian era. She is clearly comfortable- you don't see her crossing her arms or pulling on her clothes. She's confident- and that is the only critic that matters. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Rachel was wrong for that.  In the history of this franchise, I would bet good money that just about every Lead had a family they didn't want to meet, knowing how they felt. But they put on their big girl/boy pants and did what they had to do.  I am sure Tyler's family went to great lengths for this meeting.  The least she could have done was break bread with them.  

I get that in some ways she was being kind--why get his hopes up?  but if you factor in her earlier cancelling of a group date because of that ass Logan, my verdict is that she is immature and self-involved.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Hpmec said:

And for those who said Tino's mom looks "rough," I agree.  She knew she was going to be on tv. Why not visit the hair salon in advance and put on some makeup?

Maybe she did and that's as good as it gets?

51 minutes ago, rlc said:

She is clearly comfortable- you don't see her crossing her arms or pulling on her clothes.

Except we got to see close ups of her tugging at all sides of the bottom of her little black dress to try to keep her ass covered. So there's that. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

Tino's parents have no class. His father is a real tool, his mom looked like she was jonesing for a cig the whole time. I guess they don't know how the Bachelorette works. 

His father could have expressed his concerns without being so rude to Rachel. Here's what should have been said:

Rachel: If you hate it so much, why did you allow Tino to be on the show?

Dad: Tino's a grown up, he makes his own decisions. 

Rachel: Hmmm, yeah...

• Applause 7
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

4 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

I caught that too. I hope Rachel flies a puddle jumper, because I don't even want to consider the possibility that she could be piloting any plane I might be unfortunate enough to enter. She's a basket case.

I’m pretty sure that during Clayton’s season Rachel was billed as a flight instructor, and I could have sworn that it was via a flight simulator, so not even in a plane. However, I might be making that part up because I once knew a guy who did exactly that—and he just knew how to set up the simulator, didn’t even fly himself. But I do think she was upgraded from flight instructor to “pilot.” They even had one family joking last night that they only invited her there so they can teach them all how to fly. I do not think she works for a major airline, or production would have been all over filming her in her uniform a la “Pilot Pete” or Jake  from back in the day.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Hahah I also noticed Rachel’s head bobbing and constant “ yeahs” while she was breaking up with Tyler . Seems Gabbys rubbed off on her . 

I like Gabby and think she’s a good bachelorette . She’s confident ( in some areas ) , sweet and has a good attitude with the guys . She’s not cocky like Andi or Clare but she’s comfortable with who she is and doesn’t yell at the men like previous bachelorettes . 

I don’t like Rachel as a bachelorette . I’m sure she’s lovely as a person and friend but I hate her voice and she comes off very fake with the way she speaks ( not saying she is fake but her conversations just come off very rehearsed and she uptalks way too much .) I think Tino’s dad was an asshole but he was looking for a more non - rehearsed answer to his “ what do you know and like about Tino “ question . She gave the typical “ he’s family oriented and we just connected as soon as we met “ speech that they all give . 
I also can’t stand the fact that she is incapable of having a conversation without kissing after every other word . Last week one of the guys said he wanted to talk and she’s like “ we can talk later “ and grabbed him to plant one on him . I half expect her to pull Jesse in for kisses whenever she sees him . 

Edited by Jax7917
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Off to New Orleans - Gabby and Jason. And she gives him the bachelor handshake!

They should go to Cafe du Monde and have some beignets.

If I were in New Orleans, I'd totally want to go to Villalobos Rescue.  But being that Pitbulls & Parolees is not on ABC, I guess that wasn't going to happen.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Wow, Tino’s dad was just not buying into this. Like she said, he sounded like he hoped to never see her again. 

You have to wonder if Rachel's dad, Big Tony,  wanted to kick Tino's dad's little butt.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

My cable went out during this part of the show. Did Erich know his father's condition when he left to film? I'm not trying to throw shade, but if my dad was facing his final days, I could never have left his side. Or even my dog, for that matter, Hayden.

I hesitate to even say anything here, but I feel like I have to defend Erich. I think it's a pretty complicated situation. As one of the many people who has experienced a parent with cancer, sometimes you just don't know because nobody knows and their best guess is "we really don't know" or "we'll try this and do a scan in three months and then we'll see." Although Erich did say the cancer was terminal, many times you will know that and still have no idea what about of time you are looking at--it could be years. And from what Erich said, this might not be the first time they've been told something similar only for things to turn around in a more positive way. I did not get the impression that Erich, or anyone in his family, really, thought that Allan had so little time left, but I DID get the impression that Erich's father is very much someone who believes in living life and seizing opportunities and that he likely would have encouraged Erich to pursue this and not wanted to be a reason he didn't. 

I think it was very clear from watching this hometown that Erich adores his dad and I'm sure every part of it what happened has been devastating to him. I don't know that questioning whether he should have been away to begin with is productive. 

Finally, on a completely different note, I really like Zach and think it's a shame that Rachel seems so set on Tino. Although in the end maybe it's not such a shame for Zach.

Edited by Jillibean
Missing an h
  • Hugs 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

I would not want to be on a plane that Rachel is flying, I would be nervous that she would force us to land halfway through the trip to cry. On the one hand, I can see why Rachel didn't want to see Tyler's family if she didn't feel the right way about him so that they don't get their hopes up. On the other, I think it was a bad call, I am so tired of Rachel canceling everything so that she can cry and sulk, its exhausting. She cries when guys don't like her enough, she cries when they like her too much, its like she can never be happy. Couldn't she just suck it up to meet the family and let Tyler down easy at the next rose ceremony? I am sure that countless people have known going into home towns that they weren't going to keep the person who's families they're meeting, and while its probably rough, the show went on. At least it would mean that poor sweet Tyler didn't have to go home alone to his family to tell them that he just got dumped on national TV. Its such a waste of time and money for everyone involved, all so that Rachel can cry again. 

I did feel bad for Rachel when she was stuck with Tino's family though, his dad was flat out rude to her. I usually appreciate when parents are skeptical of this whole process, but he went beyond skeptical to mean. Rachel has been into Tino since day one, but I am not a fan, he always seems fake to me. 

It feels so weird that its already home towns, I feel like hardly any of the guys have a major connection with either lady, both of them even commented on how they don't fully feel like they know some of the guys who's families they are supposed to meet. I feel like a broken record, but I hope they never do this double date format again, its made this season so busy I haven't gotten a chance to really get to know anyone or get invested. 

Erich and his family was so sad, his dad seemed like a great guy. I like Erich and I think of the remaining guys he and Gabby have the best connection, the others are nice enough but are still mostly in "just having fun" mode while she and Erich really seem to be building something, at least as much as you can on this show. The ending card for his dad was really nice. 

As for Gabby's clothes, I highly doubt she picks any of her clothes out herself or that this is even what her real wardrobe is like. Its presumably a stylist. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

As for Gabby's clothes, I highly doubt she picks any of her clothes out herself or that this is even what her real wardrobe is like. Its presumably a stylist. 

I don't know -- with only a couple of exceptions, Gabby's style was smokin' on Clayton's season too, and they don't get the full stylist treatment AND have to bring their own clothes. Early on this season, I thought Gabby's makeup was a mess compared to last, but it seems they have mostly figured it out.

Rachel's style is a mess, though.  She wasn't really a style standout last season, but I don't think the stylists this season know what to do with a short, curvy woman. That outfit she had bike riding through tulips with Zach looked painful.

• Love 5

I was left wondering if Tino's dad thought the Bachelorette experience was akin to living in a fairy tale.  I wish they had gotten more footage of him using that phrase.

I have preferred Rachel to Gabby for most of this season, but I'm kind of running out of excuses for her extreme emotional reactions to things that are well known parts of the "journey".  The only way I can cut her some slack on the way she dumped Tyler is that she is doing her best to not do what Clayton did to her -- provide false hope or make exaggerated declarations of love.  I think both she and Gabby have been very careful about what they say to their guys for that very reason.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I would not want to be on a plane that Rachel is flying, I would be nervous that she would force us to land halfway through the trip to cry. On the one hand, I can see why Rachel didn't want to see Tyler's family if she didn't feel the right way about him so that they don't get their hopes up. On the other, I think it was a bad call, I am so tired of Rachel canceling everything so that she can cry and sulk, its exhausting. She cries when guys don't like her enough, she cries when they like her too much, its like she can never be happy. Couldn't she just suck it up to meet the family and let Tyler down easy at the next rose ceremony? I am sure that countless people have known going into home towns that they weren't going to keep the person who's families they're meeting, and while its probably rough, the show went on. At least it would mean that poor sweet Tyler didn't have to go home alone to his family to tell them that he just got dumped on national TV. Its such a waste of time and money for everyone involved, all so that Rachel can cry again. 

I did feel bad for Rachel when she was stuck with Tino's family though, his dad was flat out rude to her. I usually appreciate when parents are skeptical of this whole process, but he went beyond skeptical to mean. Rachel has been into Tino since day one, but I am not a fan, he always seems fake to me. 

It feels so weird that its already home towns, I feel like hardly any of the guys have a major connection with either lady, both of them even commented on how they don't fully feel like they know some of the guys who's families they are supposed to meet. I feel like a broken record, but I hope they never do this double date format again, its made this season so busy I haven't gotten a chance to really get to know anyone or get invested. 

Erich and his family was so sad, his dad seemed like a great guy. I like Erich and I think of the remaining guys he and Gabby have the best connection, the others are nice enough but are still mostly in "just having fun" mode while she and Erich really seem to be building something, at least as much as you can on this show. The ending card for his dad was really nice. 

This episode was the first one where i really liked him. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I bet there’s an interesting story how Jason’s parents split. He doesn’t seem to take after either of them. I think his mom might have read my palm when I was in NO.  

I'm laughing at the image of 'Elvira' the mystic reading your palm! The Dad seems a lot older than the Mom. On re-watch I think Jason looks a lot like his Dad around the eyes and mouth.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Honestly I normally feel like these “dates” are such BS as are the contestants, but I was really moved by Eric and Gabby’s day with his family. Holy moly his dad is dying, his mom is caretaking, and they are an inspirational family. I never think people are there for “the right reasons”. None of them, families included. But, after that visit I was blown away. Wow, that is the picture of commitment and love and support and everything you want from marriage (the good and the tough). Wow! Finally something real on the bachelorette ❤️

• Love 10
17 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

I was mistaken about hometowns being 2 episodes (with the exception of Aven's visit). It's the Fantasy Suites that are going to run for 2 nights. I just found this info.......

According to Reality Steve here is how the rest of the season's episodes will play out:
The Men Tell All special (+Aven's hometown) — Monday, Aug. 29
Episode 8: Fantasy Suites — Monday, Sept. 5
Episode 9: Fantasy Suites — Tuesday, Sept. 13
Episode 10: Finale — Tuesday, Sept. 20  /  The After The Final Rose live special — Tuesday, Sept. 20

Bach in Paradise starts 9/27 and I'm assuming will be on Tuesdays every week.
I'm not sure why bachelorette is on Tuesday night for two weeks. DWTS starts on Monday 9/19 but it will be streaming on Disney and not on ABC. Maybe football will start airing on Monday?

Probably football.

Our Atlanta station decided to broadcast the Falcons pre-season game in lieu of the Bachelorette last night.
I least I have Hulu so I could watch today.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 3

Rachel shouldn't have given Tyler a rose last week, if she couldn't even make it through the hometown date. She's such a bad cast as Bachelorette. Selfish, spoiled,  a brat leaving him to deal with his family alone. Then she's going to whine about Tyler's family hating her for being logical?

Tino's dad calling out the time they spent together in the 5 weeks wasn't wrong and calling her out on this is the 2nd go around LOL This season with the 2 Bachelorettes has made the time even shrunk further. The mother wasn't wrong this is a bubble. Parents should be skeptical instead of fake. 

As someone whose father passed of terminal cancer too, the second I saw him sitting on the sofa when they walked in I got tears in my eyes because I just remember by dad looking so similar. Erich leaving and bringing the cameras in had to be hard on them all, I really am glad Gabby got to meet his dad and hope he's at the end and if not, he's the new Bachelor.

• Hugs 13
  • Love 2

I don’t see Rachel as selfish and most of the bachelors and bachelorettes are doing a second time around, they all come from a previous season. I’m sure some women could convincingly lie and say she was falling in love with their son but I respect her for not getting up his/their hopes. Every year we complain about the leads telling the family they are all in when they clearly are not.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

Tino looks just like Blake from Becca’s season to me . 

His parents were brutal . You know who wouldn’t have been brutal to you Rachel ? Tyler’s family 😆

hopefully Tino doesnt end up at Stagecoach

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, Jillibean said:

I did not get the impression that Erich, or anyone in his family, really, thought that Allan had so little time left, but I DID get the impression that Erich's father is very much someone who believes in living life and seizing opportunities and that he likely would have encouraged Erich to pursue this and not wanted to be a reason he didn't. 

I think there's also a factor of Allan hoping that Erich will find lasting love before he dies so that he can see his son happy and settled like that, and Erich wanting his dad to have that. Hopefully that doesn't mean he's rushing into something that's not right. (And while this franchise seems like poor odds in the sense that you have all these other guys trying to get the lead to fall for them, it's great odds in the sense that if you make it to the end and the Bachelorette picks you, you will get an engagement out of it. IRL most people are obviously not getting engaged in a matter of weeks.)

In other words, color me unsurprised that the guy with a dying father is trying to get a serious relationship started as quickly as possible.

I didn't mind Rachel not playing along and getting Tyler's family's hopes up. They seemed like a nice family, and this way they don't have to wonder if they said or did something wrong. I think four hometown visits are ridiculous anyway.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Tyler is cute as hell. But their "date" consisted of him excitedly showing her the amusement park he worked at and introducing her to everyone else who worked there. I'm sure Rachel had a moment where she realized she was on a date with a teenager. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Tyler is cute as hell. But their "date" consisted of him excitedly showing her the amusement park he worked at and introducing her to everyone else who worked there. I'm sure Rachel had a moment where she realized she was on a date with a teenager. 

I also wondered if ahe realized that she would probably have to drive him to his parents’ house because he wasn’t old enough to get a driver’s license.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I think there's also a factor of Allan hoping that Erich will find lasting love before he dies so that he can see his son happy and settled like that, and Erich wanting his dad to have that. Hopefully that doesn't mean he's rushing into something that's not right. (And while this franchise seems like poor odds in the sense that you have all these other guys trying to get the lead to fall for them, it's great odds in the sense that if you make it to the end and the Bachelorette picks you, you will get an engagement out of it. IRL most people are obviously not getting engaged in a matter of weeks.)

In other words, color me unsurprised that the guy with a dying father is trying to get a serious relationship started as quickly as possible.

I didn't mind Rachel not playing along and getting Tyler's family's hopes up. They seemed like a nice family, and this way they don't have to wonder if they said or did something wrong. I think four hometown visits are ridiculous anyway.

I find the hometown visits to be monotonous and unnecessary . It’s really the same dialogue , different people every season . And I agree that we don’t need to see it 4 times or in this case , 7. I think hometowns should just be the final 2 because let’s face it , it’s obvious that the lead is never confused over being in love with 4 people . They might have feelings for 2 but 4 is a huge stretch . 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Yes it was a propeller plane!🤣 Maybe she flies a crop duster!!!

17 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

I too hope she doesn't work for any airline. I can't imagine her in the cockpit of a commercial jet.

14 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I’m pretty sure that during Clayton’s season Rachel was billed as a flight instructor, and I could have sworn that it was via a flight simulator, so not even in a plane. However, I might be making that part up because I once knew a guy who did exactly that—and he just knew how to set up the simulator, didn’t even fly himself. But I do think she was upgraded from flight instructor to “pilot.” They even had one family joking last night that they only invited her there so they can teach them all how to fly. I do not think she works for a major airline, or production would have been all over filming her in her uniform a la “Pilot Pete” or Jake  from back in the day.

It was Uncle Pat who was joking with her about flying. I think she flies small planes and is an instructor but I find the thought of her teaching anyone to fly almost as scary as the thought of her flying for an airline.
I agree that the show would have built up her 'pilot' history if there was any to exploit. I noticed she hasn't talked about flying very much on either show. They made flying a part of the season for the other two pilots.🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I find the hometown visits to be monotonous and unnecessary . It’s really the same dialogue , different people every season . And I agree that we don’t need to see it 4 times or in this case , 7. I think hometowns should just be the final 2 because let’s face it , it’s obvious that the lead is never confused over being in love with 4 people . They might have feelings for 2 but 4 is a huge stretch . 

Agree. 2 makes way more sense than four, particularly in this season.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Yes it was a propeller plane!🤣 Maybe she flies a crop duster!!!

I too hope she doesn't work for any airline. I can't imagine her in the cockpit of a commercial jet.

It was Uncle Pat who was joking with her about flying. I think she flies small planes and is an instructor but I find the thought of her teaching anyone to fly almost as scary as the thought of her flying for an airline.
I agree that the show would have built up her 'pilot' history if there was any to exploit. I noticed she hasn't talked about flying very much on either show. They made flying a part of the season for the other two pilots.🤷🏻‍♀️

On the first episode this season, they showed Rachel taxiing up to meet Gabby in a small prop plane.  They didn't show her actually flying the plane.  I assume it was for show.  I doubt that a plane that small has the range to go all the way from Florida to California.

I am under the impression that she flies and instructs on Cessna type planes. She has never mentioned flying jets.  She is a pilot, but she is not going to be flying for Delta anytime soon. Edited to add that there are height requirements for some pilot positions.  In the Navy, you have to be at least 5-4 to fly an airplane. There are probably similar things with some airlines.  A lot of airline pilots are very tall.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, nittany cougar said:

On the first episode this season, they showed Rachel taxiing up to meet Gabby in a small prop plane.  They didn't show her actually flying the plane.  I assume it was for show.  I doubt that a plane that small has the range to go all the way from Florida to California.

I am under the impression that she flies and instructs on Cessna type planes. She has never mentioned flying jets.  She is a pilot, but she is not going to be flying for Delta anytime soon.

Whew!  Feeling relieved as Delta is the airline I most use...

On one of the early episodes they showed her in a pilot's uniform (but without a jacket), so they were trying to make an impression without outright stating a falsehood about her being a pilot for an airline.

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Whew!  Feeling relieved as Delta is the airline I most use...

On one of the early episodes they showed her in a pilot's uniform (but without a jacket), so they were trying to make an impression without outright stating a falsehood about her being a pilot for an airline.

The also called her a flying student at the beginning of Clayton's season. So maybe she instructs/flies the single-engines now but is learning to fly the jets for later.

If she were only flying Cessnas forever, her dad wouldn't have asked Clayton about her job taking her to Europe for a year.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

The also called her a flying student at the beginning of Clayton's season. So maybe she instructs/flies the single-engines now but is learning to fly the jets for later.

If she were only flying Cessnas forever, her dad wouldn't have asked Clayton about her job taking her to Europe for a year.

Oh no, don't tell us that please!😱 I'll never board another plane again until I check to see who the pilot is first!
I can just imagine Rachel 'canceling' navigating the plane in mid flight due to the need for a good long sob over how her co-pilot asked to be reassigned.
Or she'll become totally obsessed with whining over how the passengers ignored her as she walked through the plane, and fly it right into the side of a mountain.
Please let Rachel just be a crop duster. Or better yet, the person who sets up the flight simulator at aviation school.🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

((ALL IMHO)) I may be in the smallest minority, but I like both of these ladies -- though I don't think they're great Bachelorettes.

Rachel seems really sweet. She does lead with her emotions, which send you over the top in stressful times. We've seen this time and again. On the plus side, she may get really high highs to set off the low lows. I don't think there's anything wrong with being like that, though I think she would do best with someone more even-keeled.

She's also not dumb or weak. There have been some times this season and last where she's shown some steel and a solid sense of humor. Only flashes, since that's not her role and she's not as extemporaneous as Gabby, but it's all there.

The problem is that this show is designed to make people like her go crazy.  Allow production to manipulate your emotions, and they will come at you like an energetic dog going at a new chew toy. Rachel is playing into their hands, and she's paying for it.

Gabby definitely has better defense mechanisms. She leads with a wicked sense of humor and lets her dingbat persona mask a sharp mind. We've seen what she's like when she's angry, and it's impressive.  

Unfortunately, Gabby seems to be burying some deep self-esteem issues. This is also irresistible to production. While they're not going to make her think she's ugly or dumb, they are tickling the "unworthy" button.

Of course, we're all assembling all our opinions from a heavily edited show. I might be totally off.

In both cases, they are coming off as messy leads, just like everyone else recently not named Tayshia. Despite that, I think they're both really good people. Watching Gabby interact with Erich's family showed a level of empathy that impressed me.

Unfortunately for them, I think their best match is each other. I don't think they'll go that way, but I can dream...

These last few episodes are going to be ugly. 

Just now, Melonie77 said:

Oh no, don't tell us that please!😱 I'll never board another plane again until I check to see who the pilot is first!
I can just imagine Rachel 'canceling' navigating the plane in mid flight due to the need for a good long sob over how her co-pilot asked to be reassigned.
Or she'll become totally obsessed with whining over how the passengers ignored her as she walked through the plane, and fly it right into the side of a mountain.
Please let Rachel just be a crop duster. Or better yet, the person who sets up the flight simulator at aviation school.🤣

You may have already boarded a plane with Pilot Pete at the helm :)  You survived a pilot having to get his mom's approval to taxi, so there's nothing Rachel can do that you can't handle!

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

@phlebas
I agree both girls are messy leads. But I do like Gabby and believe she is a good person. I think she may actually find a good match in Erich and hope it works out for them.
I'm not crazy about Rachel though and think she is too self-centered. I did however really feel for her when she was ambushed and attacked by Tino's vile father who appears to be an ugly man both inside and out. I don't know how she could choose this guy after that experience w/ his malicious father. Sometimes its true that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I'm hoping she chooses Aven instead of Tino.
I don't think she is letting her mind do the picking for her though! As many others have said, she doesn't talk to the guys that much and would rather just kiss them.🤪

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, phlebas said:

You may have already boarded a plane with Pilot Pete at the helm :)  You survived a pilot having to get his mom's approval to taxi, so there's nothing Rachel can do that you can't handle!

Ha ha! Although I'd prefer to fly with neither, I'd rather board a plane flown by Pilot Pete than Whiney Rachel!🤣
At least the Bach producers trusted Peter enough to allow him to fly with dates on the show.

• Love 2