Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E07: Week 7

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

Oh no, it's Tino. He creeps me out. She should choose Zach, but she's been on the Tino Train from the beginning. 

I hope she doesn’t choose Zach.  He deserves better.  

And weird editing. Gabby’s hometowns are done, but Rachel still has Aven. 

• Love 2

Who wears a giant trench coat to a theme park?  That was so ODD!  And underneath she was wearing a long skirt or dress. The stylists this season have been HORRIBLE.  

These women know nothing about these men.  The only thing they say is “family is really important to them” and that’s why we have this great connection.   That and they had an “instant connection”.  

I do like Gabby and Erich together.  He seems like a nice guy. 

• Love 5
Just now, dizzyd said:

There’s confidence and then there’s smug Tino. I just don’t like him but I don’t have to. 

If this were FBoy Island, I'd guess FBoy for Tino.

(Public Service announcement: For those who don't have HBO MAX, it is SO WORTH IT to pay for one month just to watch FBoy Island. It's created by Elon Gale who was a long-time Bachelor producer.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
Just now, DEL901 said:

I can’t believe another family member is questioning the timeframe.  This isn’t season 1 or 2.  They should all be well aware of how this works and the timeline.  

Yeah, really, why agree to participate in their son's experience if they are so against it? Is this just another way of torturing us with endless Rachel sobbing?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

Tino's parents aren't buying what Rachel is selling.  Her father told her that he wants him to fall for the right person.  Which tells me he doesn't think Rachel is the right person.  

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

(Public Service announcement: For those who don't have HBO MAX, it is SO WORTH IT to pay for one month just to watch FBoy Island. It's created by Elon Gale who was a long-time Bachelor producer.)

I have HBO Max. Thanks for the recommendation. I wasn't sure if I should check it out. Will definitely do so now.

• Applause 2
  • Love 1

It's like the producers decided there had to be a family that would question the process. They drew straws and Tino's family got the straw for being the designated family to question the process.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

That's the show everyone has been saying Nate should go on next! I haven't seen it but Nate is being called a Fboy on social media and I'm hoping Fleiss will find someone else for Bachelor.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

How do you go into these meetings with family without more than mere platitudes. Rachel says “his positive outlook on life” and you can see Tino’s dad visibly roll his eyes. Like say something specific to Tino’s personality. Hell it would have been better to say he is a bit hotheaded and has shown jealousy but that they’ve been able to work through that - and she loves that he has that passion. Oh he’s so positive and caring. His dad is probably thinking no he’s an impatient little douchebag who complains all the time. 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Amy Beth said:

I always like the skepticism expressed by Bach parents until I remember that if they REALLY didn’t support their child being on the show, they would decline to appear on camera.

Like Melissa Rycroft’s parents and Rachel’s dad.  It was especially sweet when Melissa’s parents flew out tonLA every single week to support her on DWTS. 

• Love 2

Aven's hometown looks like a crazy time.

In two weeks I'll be in Sweden!

I hadn't cried until I saw the In Memoriam. It's been almost a year since my dad died so this kind of brought things back to me.

• Hugs 16
  • Love 3

After all that Rachel and Tino tell each other they're falling in love with each other?!? Well, you better elope, because I have 0% doubt Tino's Dad is going to object to your wedding! It got to the point where the dad was obnoxious. Go ahead and tell your kid that you're worried about him rushing in, but there's no reason for them to be so cruel to Rachel to the extent that they laugh when she thanks them for being welcoming because they know they were the fuck not in the slightest bit.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

Based on their behavior, I believe Tino's parents have been down this road with him before.  He is probably the type that falls in love easily and has probably gotten his heart broken a few times.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Aven's hometown looks like a crazy time.

In two weeks I'll be in Sweden!

I hadn't cried until I saw the In Memoriam. It's been almost a year since my dad died so this kind of brought things back to me.

Same. Especially when the Dad was talking about the icu nurses.  Bless them.

• Love 6

I’m only half way through the episode but it’s ridiculous to think that any of these people would be ready to be engaged . Other seasons seem very fast but this one in particular is insane . None of them know each other or have spent time with the girls alone for longer than a few hours tops . I didn’t really mind the double bachelorette season like others seemed to but I will say that it’s much harder to root for any of these couples when they hardly get time together . If Any engagement happens , it  will be called off quickly . 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, JenE4 said:

There's no reason for them to be so cruel to Rachel...

Agree. On the one hand, my parents got engaged 6 weeks after they met and were married over 50 years. On the other, we all know how it is to see someone we care for fall in love and get serious about someone they don't know well. Rather than try to scare Rachel off by almost-menacing behavior (and debates she cannot handle), I would have told each of them privately to enjoy it but take their time, and date off the series for a year before considering an engagement and asking  my blessing. Tino has a solid career and is into charity work, but he is also a hothead, vain, and WAY overconfident.  

Tino's Dad was not at all how I pictured him. Strangely, Tino didn't look like his parents, Little brother Mateo was cute. His Mom did look rough, at least she could have gotten her hair done. I don't know whether the part of the "rough" could be sun damage. 

Re Tyler: I went into the kitchen to do something as the dumping sobfest started and when I came back 10 minutes later it was just starting to wrap. Talk about prolonging the agony. Tyler's cute but looks about 21. R should have put on her big-girl shoes and gone to their party, saying pleasant things about Tyler but also that she is still dating several guys.  It was ungracious and self-centered of her but why am I not surprised. 

Re Gabby: That was a strange segment with Jason. Jason had talked about the importance of therapy. He seemed very tense around his Dad in the park. (Ditto Johnny with his Dad,) Jason's a sensitive type who's not much fun. His mother could be Daryl Hannah's twin (the brunette DH, e.g., in "A Walk To Remember"), and her crying over everything was strange. I feel like the house was a rental for the episode, it didn't look lived-in to me. Gabby's black-and-white dress up to her butt was totally wrong for meeting the  parents. Tug the back down, tug the front; tug the back down, repeat. I don't even want to contemplate how to sit down in it. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Final thoughts:

I feel absolutely awful for Erich and his family. I felt intrusive even watching that and I just feel so bad for all of them. I hope Gabby genuinely loves Erich because that is a tough situation for everyone involved. 

Johnny and Jason seem like nice enough guys but clearly don't want to get engaged and just see Gabby as a fun chick to hang out with. I hope she's not super invested in either of them.

I felt bad for Tyler but I can understand why Rachel didn't want to go through with meeting his family and lying to them. She has no poker face at all, all her emotions are clear at all times. There's no way she would have been able to fool his family and if that were my son or brother, I'd rather the girl didn't fake it and lie to us. I do hope production bought them dinner or something, though. Tyler is cute and will be a huge hit if he goes on Paradise. 

Zach is the one I would choose, I liked his family and I like his voice. He just seems the most normal, which means he's too good for this show and should run away. 

I don't mind Tino, but he is definitely immature. I can absolutely appreciate their skepticism, but his parents were just rude, in my opinion. 

• Love 9

I've never liked Tino, and tonight confirmed why.  Smug one, isn't he.

And won't that be a fun Xmas with that family.  Wow.

Tino's mother looks like she's been rode hard & put up wet.  Having to live with that man all these years has done a number on her.  Rachel, take note:  here's your future.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I also felt intrusive toward Erich’s family.  The pain in his mother’s face was unbearable.  And then to have cameras there for this dumb show ….

He does seem like a good guy, though, and if they are together, I hope they are happy.

• Love 10
Just now, Thumper said:

I also felt intrusive toward Erich’s family.  The pain in his mother’s face was unbearable.  And then to have cameras there for this dumb show ….

He does seem like a good guy, though, and if they are together, I hope they are happy.

My cable went out during this part of the show. Did Erich know his father's condition when he left to film? I'm not trying to throw shade, but if my dad was facing his final days, I could never have left his side. Or even my dog, for that matter, Hayden.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7

I was mistaken about hometowns being 2 episodes (with the exception of Aven's visit). It's the Fantasy Suites that are going to run for 2 nights. I just found this info.......

According to Reality Steve here is how the rest of the season's episodes will play out:
The Men Tell All special (+Aven's hometown) — Monday, Aug. 29
Episode 8: Fantasy Suites — Monday, Sept. 5
Episode 9: Fantasy Suites — Tuesday, Sept. 13
Episode 10: Finale — Tuesday, Sept. 20  /  The After The Final Rose live special — Tuesday, Sept. 20

Bach in Paradise starts 9/27 and I'm assuming will be on Tuesdays every week.
I'm not sure why bachelorette is on Tuesday night for two weeks. DWTS starts on Monday 9/19 but it will be streaming on Disney and not on ABC. Maybe football will start airing on Monday?

• Useful 3
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Tyler is SMILING while she's crying!! How is he not "reading the room"?! Wow! Somehow he thinks she's crying out of her deep love or something?? He's telling her he loves her!! She's crying and looks like she's about to vomit and pass out! This is a red flag that he can't read emotions.

Yeah, he's definitely lacking intuition and the ability to read his audience.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Well this is the weirdest Bachelor parental meeting eva!

🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩

Lenny’s family from Meredith’s season and Desiree’s from Sean’s season would like to have a word. That visit is not  even in the top 20. Lol

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

No one has mentioned it, and maybe it's because many of those posting here are way younger than me, but Jason's mom looks a lot like an actress named Katherine Ross who had major roles in The Graduate and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid back in the 60's. That said, I couldn't picture her with his dad at all. And, what was all the crying about when he said he wasn't ready to propose? Jeez, he barely knows the girl. He was just being sensible -- a rare attribute on this show.

Rachel lost whatever remnant of good will was left with me when she crapped out on Tyler. His whole family was sitting there excitedly waiting to meet her, and she just flat out dumped him mid date. That was a shitty thing to do. He and his family did not deserve to be left hanging like that. The woman has zero social skills. 

And for those who said Tino's mom looks "rough," I agree.  She knew she was going to be on tv. Why not visit the hair salon in advance and put on some makeup? I don't even like Tino, but I was embarrassed for him.

Poor Aven. He's sort of an afterthought. Has to share his hometown with Men Tell All. That doesn't bode well for him.

Pretty clear that Gabby is into Erich and Rachel seems to want Tino, but she should never let Zach get away. He's the best guy to come along on this shitshow in a long while. And it doesn't hurt that he has a relatively normal family with a well known uncle as a bonus. 

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Hpmec said:

Poor Aven. He's sort of an afterthought. Has to share his hometown with Men Tell All. That doesn't bode well for him.

I'm hopety-hope-hoping they are saving Aven's hometown so they had more time to edit and will show us some of his actual personality before announcing he's the next Bachelor instead of Nate.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

Rachel is a spoiled brat. When she's not canceling cocktail parties and group dates because some guys aren't into her, she's pulling the plug on a family meet and greet because the guy likes her too much? She's exhausting.

My exact thought was, "Suck it up - it's one night out of your life!"

PERSPECTIVE!!

• Love 5

It amazes me that the families do not ever understand how this works (or production convinces them to act like they don't know how it works).  A proposal/engagement on this show is not legally binding, just like it isn't in real life.  If only they had access to a former lead who did not marry the final person -- someone like Jesse Palmer, just to pick a random name. Or ask Becca, who's currently on her third engagement from this franchise.

Or did Becca and Thomas get married already? I can't keep up because I don't care. Congrats, Wells!

If they would just remember a Bachelor Engagement is an agreement to date for an unspecified time -- maybe just one weekend -- maybe Tino's parents would not have been compelled to be a bunch of rancid cloacas.

Extra points for some clips with Rachel talking to Kronk tho.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5