Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E07: Week 7

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

I really like Zach.
I hope I'm not imagining it but I think he is a cut above the usual guys that we've seen on the show in recent years. He's sweet and articulate and cute. And if Rachel does not choose him I hope to see him as the next bachelor....along with his uncle Pat!

You’re not imagining it - or else I am too. Zach actually has a personality. (Wasn’t he the one who suggested Rachel let out a primal screen to destress?) He looks like he’d be a catch in real life, too. For that reason I don’t want to see him as The Bachelor and get drawn into that vortex.

There is zero chance Johnny is looking for a wife. Jason looks about as excited to be on the show as he’d be waiting for his order at Panera. 

For the 3rd or 4th episode now I’m pretty much only looking forward to the Jesse spots. Slim pickings today.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Just read that Erich's father passed away a few weeks ago (so, a few months after his hometown date was filmed). So sad. 

Gabby's adorable but I'd be mortified to meet anyone's parents in the outfits she's worn so far. 

Am I the only one who likes Rachel? I prefer her group of guys too. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • Love 2

Oh this is painful, he’s not reading the signs. I’m just glad she’s cutting him before meeting his parents. Damn, he’s got to tell the parents. 😬

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Johnny's family appears to be loaded.  Not that it should swing her decision one way or another.  See Arie.  

I just read that Johnny is a realtor…and 25.   25!!!

• Love 1

Tyler is SMILING while she's crying!! How is he not "reading the room"?! Wow! Somehow he thinks she's crying out of her deep love or something?? He's telling her he loves her!! She's crying and looks like she's about to vomit and pass out! This is a red flag that he can't read emotions.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Oh, no! Gabby is 2:2 for guys who can't imagine possibly getting engaged at the end of this. Come on #3... But, I guess this is what happens when she ditches the guy who comes as a ready-made family because he comes with a ready-made family. Wait, as I was typing this, was Gabby just saying she's so glad she's with a guy who sees their future at the end of this?! Uh, girl, we've got some bad news for you...

I don't know if she actually spent more time with the other men and it ended up on the cutting room floor with the producers quest to make Nate the next bachelor, but I don't know why she spent so much time with Nate if she couldn't see herself being an instant mother. Now Gabby barely knows her final 3. I don't remember her interactions with Johnny at all. Erich is the only one she has a chance with.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

This can't be for real. There's no way Tyler can't see this blowing up in his face. Buy a clue, dude.

Remember Ashley H and Ben.  She tried to stop him from going down on one knee and was clearly upset, but he refused to listen and then got mad when she turned him down. Sometimes they just get in their own heads.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

This can't be for real. There's no way Tyler can't see this blowing up in his face. Buy a clue, dude.

Maybe he thinks he is auditioning for the Bachelor?🤣

I do feel bad for the dude. And he is cute!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Oh no, I don't want to see his family's reactions. But at least he can sit and cry with them and get some comfort right away, instead of being stranded in the desert or by the ocean or in a forest.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Tyler is SMILING while she's crying!! How is he not "reading the room"?! Wow! Somehow he thinks she's crying out of her deep love or something?? He's telling her he loves her!! She's crying and looks like she's about to vomit and pass out! This is a red flag that he can't read emotions.

Maybe he's confused because CRYING is Rachel's normal every day emotion?🙃

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Rachel was wrong for that.  In the history of this franchise, I would bet good money that just about every Lead had a family they didn't want to meet, knowing how they felt. But they put on their big girl/boy pants and did what they had to do.  I am sure Tyler's family went to great lengths for this meeting.  The least she could have done was break bread with them.  

Edited by Adeejay
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Adeejay said:

Rachel was wrong for that.  In the history of this franchise, I would bet good money that the just about every Lead had a family they didn't want to meet, knowing how they felt. But they put on their big girl/boy pants and did what they had to do.  I am sure Tyler's family went to great lengths for this meeting.  The least she could have done was break bread with them.  

Agreed.  She could have gone and put a smile on her face and then explained to them that this was a difficult process and other guys are still in the picture blah, blah, and then cut him at the next rose and he wouldn't have had to face his family alone.  

• Like 1
  • Love 8
Just now, Adeejay said:

Rachel was wrong for that.  In the history of this franchise, I would bet good money that the just about every Lead had a family they didn't want to meet, knowing how they felt. But they put on their big girl/boy pants and did what they had to do.  I am sure Tyler's family went to great lengths for this meeting.  The least she could have done was break bread with them.  

That's exactly what I was thinking.  All the expense to travel to New Jersey, and who knows what sort of set-up the family might have prepared. And I'm sure they were excited about the meeting. This whole show has been frustrating this way. Every time things aren't "perfect" the women cancel everything so they can sulk in their rooms, or otherwise not take part in the show. Very entitled and spoiled behavior.  

• Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 13

I’m going to cry now and join the cry fest. Sad to hear he passed before this even airs. I’m glad he got to meet her and now I’m rooting for them to make it. And he rides a bike 👍 There I go being right reasons again  😢

Edited by dizzyd
  • Sad 4
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Omg, Gabby is actually fully covered for the last HT. 

At long last, she shows some respect. So she does know the difference. Or one of the PAs does. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I’m going to cry now and join the cry fest. Sad to hear he passed before this even airs. I’m glad he got to meet her and now I’m rooting for them to make it. There I go being right reasons ago 😢

I didn’t know he passed . So sad. Having a cry fest.

• Sad 3
8 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Rachel was wrong for that.  In the history of this franchise, I would bet good money that just about every Lead had a family they didn't want to meet, knowing how they felt. But they put on their big girl/boy pants and did what they had to do.  I am sure Tyler's family went to great lengths for this meeting.  The least she could have done was break bread with them.  

Rachel is a spoiled brat. When she's not canceling cocktail parties and group dates because some guys aren't into her, she's pulling the plug on a family meet and greet because the guy likes her too much? She's exhausting.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 12

Poor Erich's dad. Gabby can understand the situation with his dad as an ICU nurse. ICU nurses are pretty great as my mom, dad and brother have spent considerable time in the ICU during the past two years.

Erich's mom looks kind of like an older Gabby.

Can't make fun of this date.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Agreed.  She could have gone and put a smile on her face and then explained to them that this was a difficult process and other guys are still in the picture blah, blah, and then cut him at the next rose and he wouldn't have had to face his family alone.  

Agree

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, MadeleineElster said:

That's exactly what I was thinking.  All the expense to travel to New Jersey, and who knows what sort of set-up the family might have prepared. And I'm sure they were excited about the meeting. This whole show has been frustrating this way. Every time things aren't "perfect" the women cancel everything so they can sulk in their rooms, or otherwise not take part in the show. Very entitled and spoiled behavior.  

Yes!  I am so tired of this.  Just do the process.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

I can see Erich and Gabby's grandpas being buddies. I forgot that Gabby was an ICU nurse (I think--or some type of nurse) until Erich's dad mentioned the respect for her job. I think these two have some good connections. OOh! UNTIL Erich's mom saying "We don't give up on each other..." and all of this jazz about not quitting on each other and not leaving each other. Yikes, lady, do you know what happened with Gabby and her mother?!? Hopefully Gabby is viewing this as I'd have a mother(-in-law) who will always be there for me--and not like rubbing it in about your broken home.

• Love 4

Erich is a nice looking guy and seems nice too. We're finally seeing more of what he's all about. That's very sad about his father.

I agree with everyone about Rachel - she should have gone to meet Tyler's parents. The producers have been too lenient with Rachel allowing her to cancel events left and right. It has hurt the show and I don't understand their reasoning behind it. They had a crew waiting there. Why would they allow her to waste their money? It was selfish and inconsiderate of Rachel to put Tyler through that. He's the only bach ever to get dumped in the middle of a hometown and she left him to go home and explain to his parents what happened. I'm sure they went to a lot of trouble to prepare including making themselves and their home presentable for the cameras. I really  don't care for Rachel. And she doesn't seem intelligent enough to be a pilot.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10

Erich must come from money, because Bedminster, NJ is a wealthy enclave.  A former US President currently resides there.  I am sorry to hear about his dad.  Losing a parent is one of the most painful things in this life.  From the moment Erich stepped out of the limo, I knew he would have been the recipient of my final rose.  That man is hot.  

• Love 4

I missed where Erich's hometown is. Where is this taking place?

From @Adeejay: Erich must come from money, because Bedminster, NJ is a wealthy enclave.  A former US President currently resides there.  I am sorry to hear about his dad.  Losing a parent is one of the most painful things in this life.  From the moment Erich stepped out of the limo, I knew he would have been the recipient of my final rose.  That man is hot.  

You answered my question before I asked it!

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Ok who else here cried? 

I admit it! Every once in a while this show turns me into a Right Reasons viewer and I totally buy into the Love Journey. This is one of these times. Gabby and Erich 4ever (or at least 6-8 months)!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

The restaurant she and Erich she went to reminded me of the Alchemist and Barrister in Princeton, NJ, so I was wondering if he was in Princeton or at least New Jersey.

They were in Bedminster, NJ.

• Love 2

I’m happy to see Gabby connecting with Erich - especially with the other two having doubts. I don’t think Gabby is serious about Johnny though - she’s just having fun with him. He’s too young for her. 

• Love 3