Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E07: Week 7

• Start Topic

Bachelorette Hometown visits tonight!
Episode Summary:

"Gabby and Rachel simultaneously visit their beaus' hometowns; knowing a proposal may be right around the corner, each woman sets off on their cross-country adventure hoping that meeting the men's families will open the door to a confession of love."

Since the show never provided us with the opportunity to put names to faces, here are the cheat-sheets I made last week to help us get through this evening:

1Bachelorette-Rachel2.thumb.jpg.0ca679ebdaa718184bb96096cffe6cf0.jpg

1Bachelorette-Gabby.thumb.jpg.dd5e8e565876901edec04d743a33cf6b.jpg

Also in case anyone is interested here are the original 2 teams of 9 men Gabby and Rachel took to Europe (chart courtesy of Bachelor Data):

1bach.thumb.jpg.6f1259a7d07e7d608b18e03f0573b475.jpg

Here's to hoping we won't be subjected to too much whining and wailing this evening!🤣

Edited by Melonie77
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

New Orleans passes Gabby's vibe check. Let's see whether Gabby passes Jason's parents' vibe check...

Edited to add: The vibes are way off with that excuse for "dancing." Yikes!!!

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 5

Off to New Orleans - Gabby and Jason. And she gives him the bachelor handshake!

They should go to Cafe du Monde and have some beignets.

Gabby will give beads if the guy will flash her. "Ain't happen'!" the guy says. She tossed him beads anyway.

• Love 3

Dad is pro Gabby. He says he wants to be Jason's best man at the wedding.

Oh, it's beignets! No frosting, just powdered sugar. And wouldn't you know it Gabby wore a dark outfit! That powdered sugar will land all over as she takes a bite.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

So, they are going to fit 7 hometown dates in one episode?

I saw something online yesterday about there being two episodes for hometowns but when I looked for tonight's summary it appeared as if next week will be MTA. I guess we'll have to keep an eye out in case they add a Tuesday episode. It seems crazy to try to do 7 HTs in one night.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Melonie77 said:

Here's to hoping we won't be subjected to too much whining and wailing this evening!🤣

There’s probably going to be an overdose of it. Both Jason’s parents already joined in the cry fest. 

I’m not feeling Jason and Gabby, no chemistry. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Kiss my mutt said:

If you keep having to adjust your dress because it’s scooching up your thighs, find another dress.
I still don’t have a sense of who these guys are, especially Jason. I can’t even give an opinion of him. 

Yea, we haven't heard much from him even though he's been on a one on one. He seems very quiet.

Oh no the Mom is a crier too? She and Gabby will get along...🙃

• Love 2

If you keep having to adjust your dress because it’s scooching up your thighs, find another dress.
I still don’t have a sense of who these guys are, especially Jason. I can’t even give an opinion of him. 

I didn't even know there was a Jason until I saw @Melonie77's cheat sheet. 🤷‍♀️ I recognize Johnny by his '90s haircut--but I can't recall either of them ever speaking.  Maybe that's because she was all Nate--until suddenly she wasn't. I guess that makes me Team Erich by default. I at least have a better idea of Rachel's guys.

• Love 4

This has got to be the most honest and realistic response from Jason. I like him but not for Gabby. He’s too quiet though to lead a season. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 8

Jason’s mom is given me Elvira vibes. This should be interesting. 
Can Jason open his eyes all the way?

I've been noticing his eyes since the beginning....he always looks stoned to me. Perhaps he has a prescription?😁

2 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

There’s probably going to be an overdose of it. Both Jason’s parents already joined in the cry fest. 

Oh gosh I just said the same thing! We're never going to escape the tears!

Why is Jason saying he wanted to leave at the beginning of the show?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

In a twist never before seen in Bachelor History, the contestant can't imagine getting engaged, and the mother is crying that he'll miss his chance at true love!

But this is the bachelorette not big brother. Bachelor franchise trademark is most dramatic ending ever. 

• Love 1
Just now, dizzyd said:

But this is the bachelorette not big brother. Bachelor franchise trademark is most dramatic ending ever. 

Harrison would always say "for the first time in Bachelor History" along with the "Most Dramatic Finale [in Bachelor History]." That bitch must have trademarked those phrases because they don't say them anymore.  

• LOL 8
10 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Oh oh, Jason can't see himself engaged right now! Oh oh incoming downer, forecast - a shower of tears. Even Mom cries.

Did this happen already and I didn’t notice?  It is possible as I half watch the show.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Melonie77 said:

Bachelorette Hometown visits tonight!
Episode Summary:

"Gabby and Rachel simultaneously visit their beaus' hometowns; knowing a proposal may be right around the corner, each woman sets off on their cross-country adventure hoping that meeting the men's families will open the door to a confession of love."

Since the show never provided us with the opportunity to put names to faces, here are the cheat-sheets I made last week to help us get through this evening:

1Bachelorette-Rachel2.thumb.jpg.0ca679ebdaa718184bb96096cffe6cf0.jpg

1Bachelorette-Gabby.thumb.jpg.dd5e8e565876901edec04d743a33cf6b.jpg

Also in case anyone is interested here are the original 2 teams of 9 men Gabby and Rachel took to Europe (chart courtesy of Bachelor Data):

1bach.thumb.jpg.6f1259a7d07e7d608b18e03f0573b475.jpg

This is so helpful!  I already messed up and thought Jason was Erich, lol.

• Love 2

I really like Zach.
I hope I'm not imagining it but I think he is a cut above the usual guys that we've seen on the show in recent years. He's sweet and articulate and cute. And if Rachel does not choose him I hope to see him as the next bachelor....along with his uncle Pat!

• Love 10

"You'll go to the most romantic places on earth, and you'll fall in love with a monkey." Will a spunky monkey steal the Bachelorette's heart, or will her heart be agape for an ape? Tune in next week to find out whom she goes bananas for!

planet of the apes GIF

Edited by JenE4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

I really like Zach.
I hope I'm not imagining it but I think he is a cut above the usual guys that we've seen on the show in recent years. He's sweet and articulate and cute. And if Rachel does not choose him I hope to see him as the next bachelor....along with his uncle Pat!

I agree.  He’d be a great bachelor, but I think Nate is the front runner.  

• Sad 2
  • Love 1

I think Jason is a natural introvert-- something that is definitely not a characteristic of most reality TV contestants. He's probably been out of his comfort zone throughout (at least as compared to others), so he's not going to project a strong personality or style on air. Given his career, he's probably a numbers guy, so again, not likely to be the life of the party. I predict it may not ultimately work for him...

• Love 2

Gabby is definitely sharing more of her bod to the families than us necessary. She also clearly likes his lifestyle better than Jason. 

Is this a 3h episode? No way they get 7 HTs in 2h. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 2

Oh, no! Gabby is 2:2 for guys who can't imagine possibly getting engaged at the end of this. Come on #3... But, I guess this is what happens when she ditches the guy who comes as a ready-made family because he comes with a ready-made family. Wait, as I was typing this, was Gabby just saying she's so glad she's with a guy who sees their future at the end of this?! Uh, girl, we've got some bad news for you...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

Jason isn't ready, and neither is Johnny. They're not seeing Gabby as wife material. Oops. Can she get Nate back?

Erich had better hit it out of the park or Gabby’s ending up alone 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

This is to be expected since all parties have had even less almost half the time of a regular season and they’ve had hardly any time to get to know each other well what with all the canceled dates and cocktail parties.

Doesn’t Tyler have a shop on the boardwalk?

• Like 2
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I love Zach’s family.  So normal, even with a famous uncle.  

Clearly she won’t be choosing him.   (Not a spoiler…just knowledge of how this show works)

Yea I agree. I think she has the hots for Tino and she'll end up choosing him when Zach would be the better choice. Oh well, he can do better than Rachel!

I just checked Zach's job - he's a tech executive so he must make a decent living. He's only 25 and seems mature for his age. 

• Love 9