Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Wine Im-pairing

• Start Topic

Kyle gets friendly with someone on board, potentially putting his job on the line; during a deck dispute about the slide, Jason has some unkind words for Storm; Natasha tries to impress the guests with an elaborate wine pairing.

Bravo Airdate: 08/29/2022

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Peacock Premium.  You can comment on the episode once it is live there.  Anyone waiting for the Bravo airing, be aware there will be early comments on the episode - so don't enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

Not a whole lot has happened in the last couple of episodes. I'd like to see each set of charter guests going somewhere different so I could get in some vicarious sight-seeing rather than see Kyle flirting with a guest. 

Dinner service was snakebit from the get-go. If the clients want a multi-course/around the world dinner, you really shouldn't  serve it as a buffet (Dave). But if you serve it as a buffet the way the chef said he wanted to do, you can't have a wine pairing. (Tasha). In this particular case, I think Natasha is more to blame in this case than Dave, and she's quickly becoming my least favorite person on the crew. When Sandy asked if she'd interrupted something, Natasha tried to throw Dave under the bus. 

FWIW, I think Dave was trying to tell her earlier that he was willing to work together professionally, both on and off the boat, but I think she wanted him to say "All is forgiven. We will continue to be the very best of friends and I'll never harbor any ill feelings toward you because you're just so darn wonderful." Anything else, that would put some responsibility on her, would be negativity. 

(If her ex told her to pound sand, I would totally expect her to cry about it to Dave.)

Edited by rur
to add some snark
  • Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • Love 13

Kyle is over the top with flirting with the guests. This isn’t a hook-up show.  Well, not a show where guests are brought onboard so the crew can drool over them as if they’re desserts in a case. No, Kyle, YOU are not being professional. Gay or not, you’re gross. 

The Dave and Tash thing…. Good grief Tash, give the guy a break. You just want more drama because drama = air time. Both of you, just do your work and leave it at that. 

I really am losing patience with this crew.  So many of them are so unprofessional. At this point I only like Mzi and Courtney. 

The episode is only half over and it’s just not enjoyable. 😑

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 14
42 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Dave!!!  Get over her.  She's toxic.

He wants to.  He wants to be over her.  Told her that he deserves better than her.

Jason wants to be heard, not dismissed, just given orders to carry out, no input wanted.  Storm is too preoccupied with just getting tasks done as quickly and easily as possible.  He's not thinking about managing and or motivating the people he supervises.

Like he said, he's faking it as he goes along.

But Jason has an attitude too.  Mzi and Courtney are not impressed about him skippering smaller boats, not relevant to this job.

Kyle is probably being encouraged to be unprofessional.  Better TV to have him saying  things like "you look great, what creams are you using to look so young" and so on.  Just openly act like a thirst trap.  As opposed to being professional and subdued.

Tasha is just reading the notes that the vendor gave her.  Looked like the guests were taking a couple of sips of each wine and they had a lot of glasses of different wines next to their plates.

Guests didn't care about tasting wines or wine pairing.  This is another hare-brained producer idea so that Natasha and the stews stumble over this and there can be friction with Dave, who wanted to do buffet.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Lamima said:

Why couldn't they set food up buffet style and pair the wines behind each plate of food so they could take what they wanted. I am a red wine gal so I'd prob just take those. 

I think this would have been a good idea.

I was bothered by the fact that the guests were being given rather large glasses of wine* while being served small portions of food. That's part of what screwed up the timing, IMO.  People wanting to enjoy a dinner aren't going to chug seven glasses of wine.  

*I'm not sure whether to blame Natasha for this, or Bravo, who might have been hoping to get the guests sloppy drunk.

• Love 4

Does anyone else think the guy Kyle was flirting with is out of his league? Kyle is just not that attractive. He has an oddly shaped head and he's just sort of doughy overall. When the guest in question and his friends were (shown to be) discussing Kyle they said "he's sweet." That's . . . not how you describe someone you're interested in getting with.

Natasha continues to be unprofessional but that doesn't mean Dave isn't a dick. I'm not sure he does deserve better than her, because someone who does wouldn't say that to that person. He's been shown to be confrontational and a bully. 

I want to know how exactly we're seeing all these texts that everyone (Natasha especially) is sending. Are the crew members required to pair their phones with production so they can chyron these text messages? Or are they recreating them after the fact? Or are they making them up?

Guests didn't care about tasting wines or wine pairing.  This is another hare-brained producer idea so that Natasha and the stews stumble over this and there can be friction with Dave, who wanted to do buffet.

Agreed. One of the guests even said "all the wines taste the same to me." These weren't connoisseurs. 

Sandy is looking rough this season. I hate the way she fawns all over Courtney like she did with Malia, too.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Does anyone else think the guy Kyle was flirting with is out of his league? Kyle is just not that attractive. He has an oddly shaped head and he's just sort of doughy overall. When the guest in question and his friends were (shown to be) discussing Kyle they said "he's sweet." That's . . . not how you describe someone you're interested in getting with.

Natasha continues to be unprofessional but that doesn't mean Dave isn't a dick. I'm not sure he does deserve better than her, because someone who does wouldn't say that to that person. He's been shown to be confrontational and a bully. 

I want to know how exactly we're seeing all these texts that everyone (Natasha especially) is sending. Are the crew members required to pair their phones with production so they can chyron these text messages? Or are they recreating them after the fact? Or are they making them up?

Yeah the guest and Kyle may be playing along.  Presumably what Kyle is doing would not be okay in a regular charter, especially sitting down with them to have a drink, even if it's just a Red Bull.

We really don't know about whether they are pulling her texts in real time or they re-create them.  Or just copy them if Natasha and the boyfriend were just exchanging inanities in all those texts.

• Love 4

Tasha gave a master class in manipulation and gaslighting when she was speaking privately to Dave.

I did not remember that Courtney is such a skilled deck hand.  Is she more experienced than Storm?

I'm embarrassed for Kyle, acting like an unprofessional idiot over the guest.

I cannot understand a word that comes out of Natalya's mouth, as least when she's yelling or speaking rapidly. She's weird.

I think the texting on these shows is completely fake, images and content.

I somehow seem to recall that a young Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip were posted to Malta - before she was queen - and loved it. I can see why.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

English is the official language in Malta (though the place has a lot of Italian and Middle Eastern influences).

Kind of stands out in the Mediterranean with a tie back to England.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Does anyone else think the guy Kyle was flirting with is out of his league? Kyle is just not that attractive. He has an oddly shaped head and he's just sort of doughy overall.

Agreed but I find his aggressive sexual comments even less attractive. He thinks he is cute but I find him off-putting.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 10

Like dolphins in a row and like the numbered teeth in your head, these comments are in the order of the show broadcast…

At the preference sheet meeting, and after reading a list of things the guests want – especially their food wants – Captain Queeg beams “This is going to be an exciting charter!”  Dave, who understands what the guests want and how much work is involved, unenthusiastically responds, “Yeah.”  Hilarious. 

Natasha and Dave are having a conversation that seems to be to be staged completely.  Captain Queeg walks in and asks “Am I interrupting something?”  Yes, Queeg, you are – as directed by the show.  Let’s not fool ourselves here.  I’m perfectly willing to believe there was a relationship between Dave and Natasha that didn’t work out.  But is the season so boring you have to base the whole thing on it so far?  There’s no reason to insert Queeg into this situation other than to find some excuse to give her camera time.  Clearly her leadership/Captain skills are not sufficient.

Queeg micromanages the waterslide delivery.  Hilarious.  Perhaps if she spent more time not hitting things…

Mzi:  “Courtney is 100% a better tender driver than I am.”  Close – she’s a 100% better deck hand than you are.

The tour of the Woke Boat was interesting, in that it showed this boat is sterile and has no character whatsoever.  It was clearly designed to be easily disinfected.

Kyle – sorry mate, but you are at least 10 years older and 2 stone heavier than any of the guests who might be interested. 

I’m not sure whom I’m least interested in this episode – Dave, Natasha, or Kyle.

Next week – will anyone be able to stay awake to see what happens next?  Stay tuned…

• Applause 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

Kyle – sorry mate, but you are at least 10 years older and 2 stone heavier than any of the guests who might be interested. 

And Kyle pleassseeee stop with the sex comments. They are a cross between an 8th grade dance and senior prom and aren't that witty.

• Like 4
  • Love 10

I can't stand Natasha (who feeds off Dave and then acts all "who me?" when called on it) and Natalya (who thinks she is way hotter than she really is).  But what irks me most is having to turn on subtitles when each them speaks.

The fact that Sandy had to tell deck crew not to drape the inflatable slide over the lifeboats tells you everything you need to know about how inept these crews are on BD.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

And Kyle pleassseeee stop with the sex comments. They are a cross between an 8th grade dance and senior prom and aren't that witty.

IKR!  He said he was most likely going to get fired this charter due to his lust for the young tall guy.    Taking his break with the guest is a big no no and it looks bad on the whole crew.  And everything other thing out of his mouth has to do with sex.  Who does that?  Is that a thing now?  I think it was Hannah that ended up having a fling with a guest, but she waited until their cruise was over.  I think she did text him while on the boat I can't remember exactly.

But he will not lose his job.  For all we know, this is producer driven so all will be overlooked and forgiven.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

To be fair, the guest in question said he was 37. I don't think Kyle is that old. I don't know how much 2 stone is but Kyle is definitely kind of lumpy.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sandy, Captain Jason, from Down Under would have been down there helping to move the slide and not micromanaging from above.  When she was talking to Storm, in the cockpit, about something, her hair looked like a hot mess express. I know it's windy there, but the other women keep their hair in control.  She also would have said something to a bosun and made him/her put it up, tie it back.  I've never noticed her looking that rough before.  Says the woman who's hair is usually in a sloppy pony, but isn't on international tv.

I'm totally over Tash and her treatment of Dave this episode.  Also, I'm not a wine snob, only really like sweet kinds and so that wine pairing would have been meh.  Give me a diet dew any day instead.  Food looked delish though.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4

This season is getting old.  I’m sick of Tasha and Dave.  I’m doubly sick of not understanding much of what they say.  It’s not just the accent, it’s the mumbling in a quiet voice.  Annoying. 
I also can’t understand Natalya much of the time and her weird tantrum while on the night out was just….weird. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Meowwww said:

This season is getting old.  I’m sick of Tasha and Dave.  I’m doubly sick of not understanding much of what they say.  It’s not just the accent, it’s the mumbling in a quiet voice.  Annoying. 
I also can’t understand Natalya much of the time and her weird tantrum while on the night out was just….weird. 

I don't know if you are familiar with the podcast "Watch What Crappens," but they recap Below Deck Med and they have a running gag that the dialog between Dave and Tasha resembles one of those Merchant Ivory  movies from back in the day.  They do a hilarious send up of Tasha ("Are ya tired, Dev?"). It's worth checking out if you enjoy humor.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 8/22/2022 at 9:59 AM, rur said:

Not a whole lot has happened in the last couple of episodes. I'd like to see each set of charter guests going somewhere different so I could get in some vicarious sight-seeing rather than see Kyle flirting with a guest. 

Dinner service was snakebit from the get-go. If the clients want a multi-course/around the world dinner, you really shouldn't  serve it as a buffet (Dave). But if you serve it as a buffet the way the chef said he wanted to do, you can't have a wine pairing. (Tasha). In this particular case, I think Natasha is more to blame in this case than Dave, and she's quickly becoming my least favorite person on the crew. When Sandy asked if she'd interrupted something, Natasha tried to throw Dave under the bus. 

FWIW, I think Dave was trying to tell her earlier that he was willing to work together professionally, both on and off the boat, but I think she wanted him to say "All is forgiven. We will continue to be the very best of friends and I'll never harbor any ill feelings toward you because you're just so darn wonderful." Anything else, that would put some responsibility on her, would be negativity. 

(If her ex told her to pound sand, I would totally expect her to cry about it to Dave.)

She’s a huge narcissist, in her eyes it’s all about her, she has truly shown who she is.  I’m glad Dave sees that, at least I hope he does.

• Love 7
On 8/23/2022 at 5:13 PM, Emmeline said:

Kyle is making this episode so uncomfortable.  When Jason was on WWHL a few weeks ago he acted like an arrogant ass.  

Kyle has been making the whole season uncomfortable and also Natasha and sometimes David.  Jason is not a team player is he?

• Like 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I don't know if you are familiar with the podcast "Watch What Crappens," but they recap Below Deck Med and they have a running gag that the dialog between Dave and Tasha resembles one of those Merchant Ivory  movies from back in the day.  They do a hilarious send up of Tasha ("Are ya tired, Dev?"). It's worth checking out if you enjoy humor.

LOVE "Whatch What Crappens"!   I still can't tell the difference between Natasha and Natalya.  More Mzi and Courtney less everyone else!

As far as Kyle goes...enh I don't mind flirting, it's a fun way to pass the time but I thought him taking his break with the guests was unprofessional.  I'm not being a prude and if they wanna exchange numbers and start something off the boat that's great but IDK it just didn't seem right while he was working.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Natasha is lucky that the guests loved Dave's food when she insisted of going ahead with the wine pairing when she knew it would mess his up.  It didn't look like the guest really were into that.  They didn't request a wine pairing with this meal on their preference sheet.  Honestly I think she did it on purpose to irritate Dave.  Dave should have had a "Ben" moment and say we are not doing the wine tasting.  It's his menu and it wasn't a preference request.  I am waiting for the episode that she is called out - at least I hope there is one.

• Applause 2
  • Love 5

I feel like Natasha really enjoys keeping the Dave drama going. Dave basically told her that he would be professional but was done with her emotionally. Of course she just sat there wanting more and more, like some kind of emotional vampire. I think she’s extremely manipulative, and Dave is certainly no prize, either.

The wine-tasting thing was a bad idea. No one there seemed particularly fascinated with wine, and it just slowed things down, especially with those over-full glasses of wine Natasha was pouring.

I like Kyle. He may not be gorgeous, but he’s okay-looking. I can see a rich guy on vacation flirting with him. Why not? A vacation romance is fun, and part of the allure is you know you’re never going to see each other again.

I really wanted to like Jason, but I’m giving up. Telling your boss to fuck off and ignoring his orders should get you dismissed. Also, he did tie that line wrong; Storm was right, it was supposed to give. Jason seems like the kind of guy who thinks he can do no wrong, and that would be obnoxious even if he was right.

• Like 3
  • Love 6
On 8/22/2022 at 9:40 PM, aghst said:
On 8/22/2022 at 8:50 PM, PaperTree said:

Dave!!!  Get over her.  She's toxic.

He wants to.  He wants to be over her.  Told her that he deserves better than her.

Yikes.  

Dave is still 1000% aggressive male fragility in his interactions with Nat; I don't care WTF she's trying to figure out with her BF, Dave's acting like an asshole and being an asshole.  There's no excuse for that kind of pathetic behavior IMO.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 3

I agree that the wine pairing was unnecessary, particularly since it wasn't something the guests requested (or indicated a love for fine wines!)  They did, however, request a multi course around-the-world themed dinner, which does not equal a buffet.  In fact, I was wondering how Dave was going to be able to progress from one course to the next with a common thread amongst all those international flavors, and yet his plan was to put them all together on the table at once- kind of like a Vegas international buffet!  It was a good thing the guests enjoyed the dinner and raved about the food.  Crisis averted! 😉

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Blindfox said:

I feel like Natasha really enjoys keeping the Dave drama going. Dave basically told her that he would be professional but was done with her emotionally. Of course she just sat there wanting more and more, like some kind of emotional vampire. I think she’s extremely manipulative, and Dave is certainly no prize, either.

The wine-tasting thing was a bad idea. No one there seemed particularly fascinated with wine, and it just slowed things down, especially with those over-full glasses of wine Natasha was pouring.

I like Kyle. He may not be gorgeous, but he’s okay-looking. I can see a rich guy on vacation flirting with him. Why not? A vacation romance is fun, and part of the allure is you know you’re never going to see each other again.

I really wanted to like Jason, but I’m giving up. Telling your boss to fuck off and ignoring his orders should get you dismissed. Also, he did tie that line wrong; Storm was right, it was supposed to give. Jason seems like the kind of guy who thinks he can do no wrong, and that would be obnoxious even if he was right.

Yes to so much of this. Natasha likes the drama, and the wine tasting was a fail. That is something I would not expect on a yacht. 

Jason, yes, I wondered why we didn't see more of him. Having to use a knife to cut that line, that had to be a huge safety hazard.  You should be able to pull to untie that knot. We do that with horses so if they freak out (which horses do) you can untie them fast without injuring you or the horse. The arrogance after too, like he knew that was how to tie the knot. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, nokat said:

Jason, yes, I wondered why we didn't see more of him. Having to use a knife to cut that line, that had to be a huge safety hazard.  You should be able to pull to untie that knot. We do that with horses so if they freak out (which horses do) you can untie them fast without injuring you or the horse. The arrogance after too, like he knew that was how to tie the knot. 

I feel like Jason is spiraling because the other 3 deckies are hitting it off so well and Storm is not recognizing what Jason can bring to the team.  Jason feels like he has skills that aren't being used and Storm is talking down to him.  I think most of this self destructive thinking comes from his arrogance and negative self talk.  He should have never responded to Storm in that way and needs to apologize.  Storm also needs to be more of a mentor, yet I can see that he is stressed about his new position, too.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I feel like Jason is spiraling because the other 3 deckies are hitting it off so well and Storm is not recognizing what Jason can bring to the team.  Jason feels like he has skills that aren't being used and Storm is talking down to him.  I think most of this self destructive thinking comes from his arrogance and negative self talk.  He should have never responded to Storm in that way and needs to apologize.  Storm also needs to be more of a mentor, yet I can see that he is stressed about his new position, too.

All this is what I feel like as far as also with Kyle and his flirting and even with that stupid wine-tasting.  Children, all of them, as if they've never had to work with any other people in their whole lives.  While we are on different sides in the Natasha/Dave imbroglio, if they had acted like adults for their jobs - actually talking to each other LIKE adults and figuring something out for that meal - it would have been perfectly normal.  There is NO WAY that all the other charter boats in this industry are run in this argumentative shitheaded manner, and it's a bit frustrating that things going to shit is the only way that people think entertainment works.  

AGH!  Sorry, rant over.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 2
  • Love 7

Jason was wrong to tell Storm to fuck off, but

Storm is a terrible boss running around and whining about it to anybody who would listen.  Very poor management.  He should have STFU, talked to Jason later privately, maybe with the Captain, idk, not sure about that.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Shauna said:

Did Courtney get new teeth since the last time we saw her on a boat?

You might have it right, there’s def something different about her look, I thought maybe she lost weight especially her face 🙂

Sandy has no idea how to manage her crew. She tells Natasha her service is impeccable- is it? Then she compliments the chef. I get you need to build up your team but she should have told them that fucking their coworkers is very unprofessional and disgusting when they are stuck on the boat for weeks on end.
Kyle is very unprofessional but I think he is going for more camera time. He seems to want the attention. The guest went along with it but I doubt he found Kyle attractive. 
Natasha had to run back to the ex for more attention since Dave’s attention turned ugly. How do you get back together without seeing the person? Especially if she cheated on the dude. I wonder if that’s fake too. 
I wish Storm had grabbed Jason by his man bun and tossed him overboard when he told him to F off. He’s not only unprofessional and combative, he doesn’t have the personality for this show. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, endure said:

You might have it right, there’s def something different about her look, I thought maybe she lost weight especially her face 🙂

Her mouth looks weird.  Awkward.  It is a very rare person who gets veneers and looks normal.  Not a fan.  Of fake teeth, that is.

• Love 2
On 8/30/2022 at 8:52 AM, Blindfox said:

You know how some women and maybe guys too ~ never really let go of a relationship, i think Nat is probably like that, we now see her getting back with her previous boyfriend so likely she is and she seems very emotionally needy.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, endure said:

i think Nat is probably like that, we now see her getting back with her previous boyfriend so likely she is and she seems very emotionally needy.

That's an understatement😎

If the ex is watching this season, he should be quietly packing his essentials and formulating an escape plan.

• Like 1
  • Love 3