Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

I missed it.  What has Erika been charged with?

Nothing but she is facing "many [civil] many lawsuits."  So plenty of legal issues.  

5 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Oh gosh we'll have to agree to disagree on Garcelle's outfit as I found it to be just awful. It looked like a Halloween costume to me. I was in my late teens/early 20's during the disco era and managed to hit a number of clubs at the time. I remember the period well and her look was too exaggerated. Plus her dress doesn't look like a disco outfit especially with that collar. The lace collar reminds me of young girls' dresses from that time period. I'm surprised none of the ladies thought of wearing an iconic Diane von Furstenberg type wrap dress! Vintage ones can be found and modern ones are still in style. I remember the BH ladies doing a much better job at other themed events.

I'm with you @Melonie77.  I think Garcelle's costume captured the 70's but not the disco part.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I'm with you @Melonie77.  I think Garcelle's costume captured the 70's but not the disco part.  

LOL! Her 'groovy' outfit looked like it came straight out of the Brady Bunch!
She borrowed both her wig and collar from Jan.

Untitled2.jpg.9d8fbad8d5453866b4a3f0fd9b4e5a90.jpg

Edited by Melonie77
Added pic of Jan Brady
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I believe that the table fabric is made up of two sided sequins, one side gold and one side black.  The "blotches" are the black sequins, the decorator dispersed them throughout to keep with the black and gold theme. (You just swipe the sequins in the opposite direction to get the contrasting color.)  To me, it looks a little Las Vegas-y (fitting for PK?) and the U- shaped tables were a choice.  Did you notice that Dorit, PK, Kyle and Mau were seated at the head of the table?  

OK thanks, that makes sense. But the table cloth is still hideous!
The splotches are not distributed nicely, vary too much in size and look like they were just randomly barfed across the table.🤮
I bet they were affected by the guests touching or brushing up against them too.

• Love 8
On 8/17/2022 at 10:46 PM, njbchlover said:

I agree!!!  I spent a LOT of time at discos and clubs in the late 70's/early 80's, and these women really didn't do the theme justice.  They all spent more time and effort on their hairstyles - or at least their glam squads did.

I really thought we would have seen Kyle wearing her roller skates to the party.  She was actually pretty good at skating, and that disco skating was such a huge part of that era.

The hair was all wrong. All of them. Dorit's outfit didn't speak 70's disco. Didn't any of these women watch Saturday night Live?

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 8/18/2022 at 3:37 AM, RoseAllDay said:

Waiting for Phoenix to give Mommy one good PUSH…

I’m getting vintage OC vibes with this disco party. Is Kelly Dodd invited?

Who? 

It was you!

Who?

You! It was you!

Who?

Why are you guys so keen on the Aspen trip? I mean, several of you said something like, 'oh, the Aspen trip!'. Is something supposed to happen during that trip that was shown in the preview of the season and I missed it? 

I think Crystal's outfit was the best in the disco, she looked gorgeous. And Sutton's hair and make-up was beautiful. 

Garcelle was amazing, as always.

Edited by Glama
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

So once again they spend all day in hair, makeup and putting on fancy clothes just to entertain each other. They sho ain't entertaining me.

I feel vaguely depressed after watching an episode. Any episode. They are so jaded and lackluster. Rinna can't muster anything more than Performance Grief and baring her fangs. Erika, the one who is supposed to be the scandalous draw, is too stupid to do anything more than play discount blow-up sex doll. Take away the expensive 24/7 glam squad (and plastic surgeon), and there's nothing to see.  Kyle is unbelievably predictable and tiresome. Diana is reptilian. I can't overlook that Dorit and PK are grifters.

If I never see Kyle, Rinna or Erika again, I wouldn't even notice.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
23 hours ago, Emmeline said:  

Making so many negative remarks about Homeless Not Toothless is starting to really make me angry.  These women should by ashamed to be making fun of a charity that helps individuals that are in pain with serious dental needs and no resources to have it resolved.  

No one was making fun of the work of the charity. They were making fun of the name because it’s perhaps the worst name for a charity ever. I actually find the name offensive because it almost minimizes the homelessness. It’s like saying, “well they may be homeless but at least they’re not toothless.” The homelessness is a far worse condition than being toothless. Hopefully, upon watching and reading some of the reactions to the name, they will rename it. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12

If Rinna is really off the rails with her grief why doesn't anyone suggest grief therapy, I mean if it is really affecting her behavior and she becomes unglued and focuses her rage on another person...just saying. I know none of her tears are real but if the cast is calling out Crystal who is actively getting help for her issue why not make Rinna get help.  

If Garcelle or Sutton were to tell Rinna to get therapy all hell would break loose, Erika would say it is none of their business but Erika felt free to tell Crystal to get help, you know what I mean.

Maybe at the reunion Sutton can give Rinna a bunny.

• Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, laprin said:

I’ve found it refreshing that Kathy doesn’t constantly talk about her money or private jet or her latest designer purse. She doesn’t dress herself in labels and then constantly tell us she’s wearing those labels. In this way, I’ve found her less pretentious than a lot of the other ladies. Because she’s friends with Crystal, she didn’t feel the need to be formal. If I walk into one of my girlfriends’ homes and was hungry, I would be quite comfortable asking to be fed. If it was an acquaintance, it would be a different situation. 

When I go to a friend's house I usually bring something to eat and drink for me and my friend, however, there have been many times where I arrive empty-handed and I either ask for snacks or I just open their fridge and help myself, and my friends do the same at my house, so I didn't feel any type of way when I saw that. I'm sure if Crystal went to Kathy's house Kathy would have "the lady" or her butler ready to accommodate Crystal. 

The FF5 never disappoint in their predictability, they saw how chummy Kathy was with Garcelle and that translated into another common enemy. I'm sure Kathy behaved horribly in Aspen but Lisa's social media campaign against her was disgusting and pure and utter trash, Dorit and Erika all of a sudden snapping at her because Kathy said "homeless and toothless" was way out of proportion considering ALL OF THEM couldn't get the name right. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 15
23 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Kathy is that older relative you avoid sitting next to at family gatherings (especially in public) because they don’t know how to whisper, and whenever there’s a group discussion going on-they always pull you out of it by grabbing your arm, leaning in way too close, and saying  something inappropriate or mean about someone who can obviously hear them..and you’re left sitting there like a hostage-not wanting to embarrass them cuz they’re an older relative and you’re taught to show them respect-but you also don’t want to look like you share their opinion.....wow, that was very specific, but if you know-you know. 

Kyle was ready to cut a bitch to get the perfect picture of herself at the 70s party. These women Live for getting their pictures taken. It’s sad and amusing. 

Erika brought a knife to Garcelle’s gunfight. She needs the group to stick up for her because she’s out of her league. Garcelle won’t be intimated by her scary voice threats. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Ita. She is the comic relief and is secure enough that she doesn’t have to get down in the mud with her sister and the other snakes. I think the show is just kind of an occasional fun thing for her so she’s not desperate to keep her diamond  unlike Kyle Rhinna and Erika , who are either needing constant attention or the paycheck

And I see no problem with telling a friend you’re hungry and asking for some crackers. I think that Kathy and Crystal are actually friends not just tv friends. 

Yeah - I thought it was one of the more normal interactions. I think Crystal and Kathy knew each other before the show.

I don't find it strange if I visit a real friend to mention that I am hungry and ask if they have something that would be no trouble to get from the pantry like crackers. And then the basket was there which contained cheeses and so they asked if she would also like some cheese. And also not strange if someone offers you something to drink to ask for Coke. I have a good friend and when she comes over she will ask for a Coke - do people actually not have friends that they are casual with like this? I didn't get any sense of entitlement from Kathy in that particular interaction but just the normal interaction of actual friends - and her advice was spot on.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I love that Paris didn’t post a pic with Kyle in it!

Dang, her mother and aunt must be on really bad terms. 

Agree with the above that when you're actually good friends with someone, you should be comfortable asking for a snack or something to drink. Kathy didn't ask Crystal to cook a meal for her. My friends are I are good about having stuff already out so no one is hungry or thirsty, but if one of us forgot, true friends are comfortable asking imo. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Hey now, Rinna made lots of money selling those Depends! 

It's been a minute.  Isn't it time for a new product launch by Rinna?  Since she did so well with Depends, she could start her own line of adult diapers and call them "Rinna Rescues."

• LOL 14
4 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

It's been a minute.  Isn't it time for a new product launch by Rinna?  Since she did so well with Depends, she could start her own line of adult diapers and call them "Rinna Rescues."

Maybe a his and hers version of the "Oh No, I Shit Myself?"

Did we even know what Rinna Beauty products she was launching at that Disco Inferior Party?  

• LOL 11

I feel like I am being subjected to some kind of rewriting of history as far as Rinna and her mother.

In one of the early seasons Rinna went to visit her parents with her two girls and it was mentioned that they hadn't seen each other in several years. I think for whatever reason Rinna decided that Lois was a good storyline (even before the super storyline of her death) and so she used Lois's popularity periodically and Lois was enough of a ham and wanted to be more in her daughter's life so she was happy to play the party. 

As I recall Rinna released a lipstick with her mother's name right after the mother died.

Also - at least my experience and those of my friends with aging parents, is that it is very common to move parents close to you when they really get on in years and especially after the death of a spouse. Even if a parent is not mentally declining, the level of administrative stuff becomes difficult to handle at a distance. Yes arguably the parent might have a social structure in their old location but the reality is that at a certain point, they need some help. My father was extremely sharp until the end but when he started experiencing more complicated medical issues, I went along on appointments and it was good to having working relationships with his doctors so that I could get information as well as their having the ability to be honest with me regarding quality of life decisions towards the end.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8

I am a frequent watcher of all kinds of terrible reality television, and I think I can say with authority that Lisa Rinna is the absolute worst! And this is a world that includes the likes of Kathryn Dennis, Vicki Gunvalson and Thomas Ravenel. 

Coming from a place of love??? What the actual f*ck? How Garcelle doesn't completely lose her sh&t on this woman is beyond me. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, amarante said:

Also - at least my experience and those of my friends with aging parents, is that it is very common to move parents close to you when they really get on in years and especially after the death of a spouse. Even if a parent is not mentally declining, the level of administrative stuff becomes difficult to handle at a distance. Yes arguably the parent might have a social structure in their old location but the reality is that at a certain point, they need some help. My father was extremely sharp until the end but when he started experiencing more complicated medical issues, I went along on appointments and it was good to having working relationships with his doctors so that I could get information as well as their having the ability to be honest with me regarding quality of life decisions towards the end.

Doesn't she have a sister who was diong that? I got the impression it was just a situation where the sister was the one close-bye who was dealing with all of that and Rinna was the sibling who just visited whenever. If there was anything major going on all the siblings should be involved, but we never heard about that that I remember.

I think that part's totally normal, but it's always annoying when the sibling who isn't the caretaker winds up getting the grief spotlight, especially without centering the sibling that was really there doing the day to day.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Mar said:

Hmmm… no mention of Aunt Kyle…

5E0814BF-39C2-4014-BD41-DA0D70900933.thumb.jpeg.9dfb2427e4d5bb0c1d7269baee7acb32.jpeg

And notice who Paris does mention....the four nicer housewives and none of the bully team!🤣

37 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Paris has approached Bravo about being a BH housewife. Bravo may love to set her and Kathy against Smug Kyle.

Oh I think that would be fun! The show could use some younger blood and I find the Richards / Hilton families interesting. As vile as Kyle can be I still would not want to see her go. I would however love to see Erica, Lisa and Dorit reduced to friends of the HWs and Diana disappear as a one and done. I wonder if LVP would ever consider coming back? And what about Camille?

• Love 6
Just now, sistermagpie said:

Doesn't she have a sister who was diong that? I got the impression it was just a situation where the sister was the one close-bye who was dealing with all of that and Rinna was the sibling who just visited whenever. If there was anything major going on all the siblings should be involved, but we never heard about that that I remember.

I think that part's totally normal, but it's always annoying when the sibling who isn't the caretaker winds up getting the grief spotlight, especially without centering the sibling that was really there doing the day to day.

Perhaps you are right in terms of the sister taking charge - Rinna would certainly take the air out of any family dynamic.

I do think that Rinna is milking her grief for her story line. She wasn't that involved with her mother and so it is hard to believe that she is suddenly *missing* her.

Of course she could be experiencing some kind of regrets over missed opportunity but that scene last week when she was faking crying was a real turn off. That just seemed like the epitome of melodramatic bad soap opera acting. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • Love 4
Just now, amarante said:

Perhaps you are right in terms of the sister taking charge - Rinna would certainly take the air out of any family dynamic.

I do think that Rinna is milking her grief for her story line. She wasn't that involved with her mother and so it is hard to believe that she is suddenly *missing* her.

Of course she could be experiencing some kind of regrets over missed opportunity but that scene last week when she was faking crying was a real turn off. That just seemed like the epitome of melodramatic bad soap opera acting. 

I agree. And I know we're not seeing everything on the show, but like you'd still think from watching it she was the only daughter, or the one most involved with her. I bet her sister isn't picking fights with people and calling it grief processing.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Mar said:

And from Kathy Hilton…looks like some family troubles, no doubt RHBH and Aspen trip related…

7B26CAD0-1037-48A9-BE26-4807EB040055.thumb.jpeg.3de8476bf89813bd6ff1dd228da6fdf9.jpeg

What did the previews show about Aspen? I hope any potential disagreements don't mean Kathy won't be around anymore.😢

• Love 3
Just now, sistermagpie said:

I agree. And I know we're not seeing everything on the show, but like you'd still think from watching it she was the only daughter, or the one most involved with her. I bet her sister isn't picking fights with people and calling it grief processing.

Being of an age when my parents are dead and my closest friends and relatives have also experienced the death of parents, all I can say is that none of us have used grief as a way of justifying awful hostile behavior to others and excusing it because we were triggered.

Obviously people process grief differently but Rinna's grief seems completely inauthentic. 

Of course Rinna is an vile person as she has demonstrated throughout her seasons so perhaps it is like someone who is a "mean" drunk who suddenly spews racist stuff or physically attacks people. Being drunk doesn't cause that behavior - it only removes the inhibiting factors. People who aren't angry and hostile or bigoted don't suddenly become so when drunk. Similarly people who aren't angry don't become so when grieving.

• Applause 5
  • Love 7

Well, with regards to Kathy and Aspen

Spoiler

It seems from what I understand, she may have said aome problematic things

Edited by Hiyo
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I think this is one of the reasons why I like Sutton.  I have that same problem.  In my head, I can come up with a quick, calm but snappy retort to someone who has said something that pissed me off.  Somehow, those words get all mixed up between my brain and my mouth, and they never comes out right, or just sound bitchy and immature, so I am more apt to just keep my mouth shut and not say anything.  

Garcelle is the epitome of an excellent debater.  She stays calm, she lays out the facts and she has the burn comments ready for when she needs them.  And, she's confident in those comments - something that I feel Sutton may be lacking (same as me).  

Either way, Garcelle is Housewife legend in my opinion.

YES to this whole post! I am like Sutton as well and just can't have good comebacks in an argument. I wish I was more like Garcelle and agree she is a HW legend, I love her!

• Applause 1
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, amarante said:

Obviously people process grief differently but Rinna's grief seems completely inauthentic. 

Cause she is trying to excuse behavior that predates her “grief” …

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Paris has approached Bravo about being a BH housewife. Bravo may love to set her and Kathy against Smug Kyle.

I get the feeling that Kathy is not into fighting and confrontation hence the wacky persona. She stepped away from that role briefly last week when visiting Crystal and giving her excellent, caring and supportive advice. I felt that we were seeing the real Kathy in those moments.

• Like 4
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Glama said:

Who? 

It was you!

Who?

You! It was you!

Who?

Why are you guys so keen on the Aspen trip? I mean, several of you said something like, 'oh, the Aspen trip!'. Is something supposed to happen during that trip that was shown in the preview of the season and I missed it? 

I think Crystal's outfit was the best in the disco, she looked gorgeous. And Sutton's hair and make-up was beautiful. 

Garcelle was amazing, as always.

Quoting myself to answer my own question about Kathy and Aspen: I googled her name and Aspen and found a trailer for that trip! Can't wait to see those eps!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 8/17/2022 at 9:16 PM, SnarkAttack said:

What was it that Erika said about Crystal, to get help and move on or something?  How ignorant.

Yeah she said "I want her to move on and be done with it."  Her eating disorder!

friends-phoebe.gif

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
On 8/18/2022 at 12:51 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

My husband is Mexican and we must have limes at every meal (not to mention beverages).  I always know, no matter what I cook, it will be bathed in lime juice and salsa and wrapped in a tortilla.  Good times.  😉

Lol, some of us Asians do this too!

I skipped the last 10 episodes or so.  What happened with the Dorit robbery? Is she over it or does she still bring it up?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Wink 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, amarante said:

IIRC, didn't Rinna have a half sister(?) that lived in the same town as Lois and did the heavy lifting of caring for aging parents?  That's probably how the box of stuff Rinna received got to her, the sister probably sent it.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, Mother of Odin said:

The hair was all wrong. All of them. Dorit's outfit didn't speak 70's disco. Didn't any of these women watch Saturday night Live?

Or... Saturday Night Fever?

Edited by QQQQ
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

So another episode, another rage blackout for me every time Rinna opens her mouth.  She is friggin' unbelievable, with the sudden screaming/accusing she does, mostly directed at Sutton or Garcelle.  As Garcelle said, it could not be more obvious how the FF5 treat those not in that group.  And now, after saying "I'm lit...I'm soooo lit!" approximately 430 times in the first half of the season Erika's acting like Garcelle pulled that "Erika has a drinking problem" out of her ass as some sort of way to "get" her.  Jesus Christ, these women are toxic and Garcelle is so much better than them. 

Other thoughts:

--Kyle continues to be a shit-stirrer and it's ironic/gaslighting to claim it's Sutton whose the guilty party of that.

--Rinna's lips are so disfigured that she has to snake a straw into the corner of her mouth. 

--I know he's goofy, but I like Rob--he seems really supportive of Crystal.

--So I guess for the rest of the season any time Rinna blows up at someone she's going to follow that with "you all have to deal with this because this is me working thru my grief."  Spare me.

--LOL that Kyle is telling Sutton to tone down the jewelry and purses on her dates when she struts around advertising her Birkins every chance she gets.  Also, hahahahaha at the pic of Kim with the Different Strokes cast as Kyle talked about hanging out with them. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 12
17 hours ago, Mar said:

Hmmm… no mention of Aunt Kyle…

5E0814BF-39C2-4014-BD41-DA0D70900933.thumb.jpeg.9dfb2427e4d5bb0c1d7269baee7acb32.jpeg

I think if you rebooted RHOBH with these four women, they could go back to lifestyle porn and real parties. 

None of the fake bickering and real bullying.

I would watch a show with just these four.

10 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

IIRC, didn't Rinna have a half sister(?) that lived in the same town as Lois and did the heavy lifting of caring for aging parents?  

Thank you! I remember this too. I'm confident Rinna's sister was the primary caretaker of their parents.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Surrealist said:

Thank you! I remember this too. I'm confident Rinna's sister was the primary caretaker of their parents.

I can just see that sister now watching Rinna do her dramatics on the TV and that sister screaming at the TV, "Oh shut up Rinna!"

• Like 2
  • LOL 5