Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E05: Week 5

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SassyCat said:

I liked Jessies talk with Rachel. It was basically... Well Rachel.. it is what it is and is unpredictable who is going to be the one who is the one for you. Make the best of all that you do have going on good here and who knows.. you might end up happy after all. We don’t know what anyone is going to say, do or feel,  so what exactly do you think we can do about it? 

Jesse has been a really pleasant surprise as a host. He shows empathy, he relates with the leads’ experiences, and he looks way better than any of the guys (and his younger self when he was the Bachelor.) 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 18
50 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

It's nice to hear R's rave review of the date with Aven, but she's said the same things every date. "Our connection is incredible, it was the perfect day(or evening), I think I'm falling for you," etc., to Zach, Tino, etc. Then the other guys to whom she has effused like this look hurt when they aren't chosen again. She seems phony or fickle. 

Ugh.  

Yes incredibly fickle, kind of like Clayton!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

I wonder how they will do hometowns. One person visits four families. So will each Bachelorette visit four families or will each Bachelorette visit two families for a total of four. They could have hometowns be two episodes.

Based on the number of guys left, it will probably be three guys each at the hometowns.  I am not getting a good feeling about Erich.  He seems to be going through the motions.  Wouldn't surprise me if he bails.  

• Love 1

Rachel doesn't want to do a group date, had cancelled cocktail parties. How can she be so shocked when some of the guys aren't ready or willing to compete for the chance to propose to her?  If she doesn't care enough to get to know them (but enough to make out),she can't expect undying devotion.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7

Maybe the guys aren’t into you because you’re such a debbie downer , Rachel . Holy moly I get it sucks to be rejected but you are rejecting people too . Sometimes the connection just isn’t there . How is hometowns in 2 weeks when she hardly has had any conversations with any of her guys ? She needs to stop feeling sorry for herself , at least on camera . Just have fun with the guys who do show up to the dates and want to be with you . How is canceling the dates going to get you engaged like you want to be ? 

Also , I’m only half way through the episode but I don’t like Tino . He gives me bad vibes for some reason .

Edited by Jax7917
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7

Rachel is a Pisces. No wonder! And No Offense. I don’t see how she’s going to last 8 more weeks or how I am for that matter   

When Logan was talking to gabby,  she kept saying yeah, yeah, yeah over and over in her breathy voice without even letting him finish his sentence. it’s been pretty boring without Rachel’s group date and cocktail party. 

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, kazza said:

Jesse has been a really pleasant surprise as a host. He shows empathy, he relates with the leads’ experiences, and he looks way better than any of the guys (and his younger self when he was the Bachelor.) 

I know he's happily married, but if I were Rachel or Gabby I'd be way more interested in Jesse than any of these contestants! I'm around the same age as a lot of these guys, but they all just seem like boys to me. I don't know if it's the way they dress or talk or just everything about them, but Jesse is literally the only one I find attractive, especially when speaking French 😂

• Love 10

Rachel felt so upset after being rejected by Logan, that she rejected 5 guys who were right there ready to go on  a date with her.  Couldn't she just focus on the five who are interested, instead of feeling sorry for herself?

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

They can’t be showing us everything.  It makes no sense at all!  Why is Rachel so heartbroken over Logan?  Surely they would have loved to show how she was ‘falling for him’ and then he dumps her for Gabby, but they barely had any interactions.  In the meantime, we see her hot and heavy with several of the other guys.  I wouldn’t have thought Logan leaving would be cause for the huge melt down we saw.

Edited by Real4real
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Yes he has always seemed so arrogant and uninterested. I have always gotten a jerk vibe from him. Yuk.

I love Nate,

Wonder if he could be a bachelor in training if he doesn’t get to the end?  He’s sweet and almost bashful.  Would be a nice change.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

This format has backfired big time. As soon as they had two women, it was setting them up for competition and some of the power shifted back to the men. At least Rachel and Gabby still seem to be tight.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Real4real said:

They can’t be showing us everything.  It makes no sense at all!  Why is Rachel so heartbroken over Logan?  Surely they would have loved to show how she was ‘falling for him’ and then he dumps her for Rachel, but they barely had any interactions.  In the meantime, we see her hot and heavy with several of the other guys.  I wouldn’t have thought Logan leaving would be cause for the huge melt down we saw.

I don’t think she was so rattled because it was Logan. I think she’s very image conscious, insecure and a bit high maintenance. It could have been any of the guys rejecting her and I think her reaction would have been the same. She comes across as very young. She is 26? I feel like I was much more mature at 26 but I didn’t live through a 2 year pandemic during my early 20s development so I’m sure that’s probably affected and stifled some of their personal growth. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Johnny seems nervous at the evening date. And embarrassed, too. 

"I am so happy right now," says Johnny with a clenched jaw.

Maybe it was the camera angle but also seemed  as though he wasn’t making eye contact with her 

• Love 8

I definitely recall a couple of weeks ago, when Jesse explained the rules for the girls’ separate journeys, he told the men that if you accept a rose from one woman, you will not be able to switch sides.

So this entire Logan thing feels producer-driven, even more so since Gabby “accepted” him and then gave him a rose. If she were as tight with Rachel as they’d said, why would she keep a guy whose presence would be a reminder to Rachel of being rejected?

That said, it feels to me like Rachel is sabotaging herself at every opportunity. It’s unpleasant to watch her and maybe to be around her.

Edited by Arkay
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Arkay said:

I definitely recall a couple of weeks ago, when Jesse explained the rules for the girls’ separate journeys, he told the men that if you accept a rose from one woman, you will not be able to switch sides.

So this entire Logan thing feels producer-driven, even more so since Gabby “accepted” him and then gave him a rose. If she were as tight with Rachel as they’d said, why would she keep a guy whose presence would be a reminder to Rachel of being rejected?

That said, it feels to me like Rachel is sabotaging herself at every opportunity. It’s unpleasant to watch her and maybe to be around her.

Rachel also kept Hayden after finding out that he insulted Gabby - so a lot of it probably is producer influenced.

• Love 2

The shitshow continues. Another date in a church? Couldn't production find a more appropriate setting? Gabby's slit up to there black skirt, bare midriff, and stiletto boots for a daytime walk through cobblestone streets? Just no. Logan's flip-flop and latest rose are clearly producer driven. I'd be shocked if he makes it to hometowns. Nate is getting a favorable edit. Seems to be auditioning to be the next Bachelor. I can't see either of these women ending up with any of these guys. No chemistry or potential longevity with any of them. R and G should both go home, date the locals, enjoy their Bachelorette money, and get on with their lives. 

Edited by Hpmec
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

I wonder how the guys who rejected Rachel's rose and went home felt when they heard Gabby say Logan was the only overlap the two had.

Thanks for your service Meatball. You can see yourself out.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Wasn’t it two of the three who rejected Gabby that Rachel gave roses to?  Hayden and the first guy who was polite about the rejection?  Although I think Hayden got a rose because there was no one else.  

• Love 2

Yes, when Rachel got to her final rose, her only choices were two guys who rejected Gabby and three guys who rejected her. Not counting when Meatball came a-grovelin' after.  Rachel basically had to choose between "rough around the edges" and "if you were the only Bachelorette, I would leave."

This was before we knew Hayden stole his dog's cancer duck.

• LOL 9
6 hours ago, Hpmec said:

The shitshow continues. Another date in a church? Couldn't production find a more appropriate setting? Gabby's slit up to there black skirt, bare midriff, and stiletto boots for a daytime walk through cobblestone streets? Just no. Logan's flip-flop and latest rose are clearly producer driven. I'd be shocked if he makes it to hometowns. Nate is getting a favorable edit. Seems to be auditioning to be the next Bachelor. I can't see either of these women ending up with any of these guys. No chemistry or potential longevity with any of them. R and G should both go home, date the locals, enjoy their Bachelorette money, and get on with their lives. 

I cannot remember how Gabby dressed for Claytons season, but her outfits are totally over the top. Rachel is acting just like Clayton, anyone who pulls her in for a kiss or expresses any interest is the one. she may be book smart but......some of Gabbys outfits make her look very hangry. 

• Applause 2

It still baffles me how much drama Logan's leaving provided for Rachel.  If I am recalling correctly, she apologized to him at the previous rose ceremony for not being able to spend any time with him/talk to him during the previous week.  So, she didn't even hardly know him or communicate with him during the time he was on her team.  And yet, she was so devastated by his leaving that she had to cancel a date with guys who were ready to interact with her.  In Belgium!  In Europe!  Let me reiterate-she gave up and opportunity to go out in Belgium with 5 guys!  Maybe she's not feeling any of her guys, but she should be feeling Belgium!

I turned in late so don't know what city they were in, that's why I'm referencing an entire country rather than just the city.

Edited by seacliffsal
to clarify why I'm referencing the country and not the city
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, gwen747 said:

This format has backfired big time. As soon as they had two women, it was setting them up for competition and some of the power shifted back to the men. At least Rachel and Gabby still seem to be tight.

This! I really noticed last night that unlike previous Bachelorettes, Gabby and Rachel are set up to be both best friends and competitors which has made both of them seem nervous and a little desperate. I have no doubt producers are whispering in Rachel’s ear, suggesting she should be so upset at another guy leaving. The guys all seem like they are there to be on TV and a lot of 25-26 year olds aren’t ready for marriage yet.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

Maybe it was the camera angle but also seemed  as though he wasn’t making eye contact with her 

I noticed that, too. He hardly looked at her.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

And yet, she was so devastated by his leaving that she had to cancel a date with guys who were ready to interact with her.  In Belgium!  In Europe!  Let me reiterate-she gave up and opportunity to go out in Belgium with 5 guys!  Maybe she's not feeling any of her guys, but she should be feeling Belgium!

Yes, so the guys all had to retreat to their rooms? Maybe they should have allowed the guys to explore on their own, it looked like they were going to visit a chocolate shop. Who knows? It doesn't seem fair to drag these guys to a far away land and then decide to not proceed with the date. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, SassyCat said:

I liked Jessies talk with Rachel. It was basically... Well Rachel.. it is what it is and is unpredictable who is going to be the one who is the one for you. Make the best of all that you do have going on good here and who knows.. you might end up happy after all. We don’t know what anyone is going to say, do or feel,  so what exactly do you think we can do about it? 

I really liked Jesse in that moment.  The way he drew on his own experience as the bachelor put him a cut above Chris Harrison as a host for the first time in my book.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, DEL901 said:

There were 5 guys on the aborted date and Aven, so that’s six if I’m counting correctly.   Home town dates are at final 4 so Rachel doesn’t have many more cuts to make.  

I never thought I would say this, but she is lucky she let Meatball come back--Meatball of all people!! She needed the cannon fodder. He didn't look half bad with his glasses on btw.

Edited by Alexander Pope
edited upon further thought
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I feel like this happens every season...but this season is a trainwreck. Yeah, Rachel's an insecure mess, but so is Gabby in a slightly more mature way. The whole format is set up to pit them against each other, despite the producers whole "girl power" spiel. Ugh.

15 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Rachel is a Pisces. No wonder! And No Offense. 

I resemble that, ha.

Either we're getting shorted on seeing more in depth conversations, or this season is particularly shallow. I'm tired of Rachel being rejected and wallowing and just wanting to kiss everyone, but I'm also tired of the bulk of Gabby's conversations with the men being about her mom issues, or her nodding incessantly and her baby voice. The conversation is an honest one, but it's gotten repetitive to watch. 

I like Aven, Zach, Nate, and Ethan, but the rest are meh.

And thanks producers, for making the episode last night all about Logan, the Bachelor.

I continue to like Jesse a lot. Chris wanted good TV, but I feel like Jesse can actually empathize with the leads.

Gabby had more chemistry with the Belgian man in the end credits than most of the other guys.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

I never thought I would say this, but she is lucky she let Meatball come back--Meatball of all people!! She needed the cannon fodder. He didn't look half bad with his glasses on btw.

He reminded me of Leonard on Big Bang Theory!  Agree--it was the first time I thought he actually looked OK!  Must have been the lighting!

• Useful 1

Am I the only one who was put off by Tino and his complaining that, because Rachel cancelled the date, he didn't "feel seen"?

I just thought, at that moment, he had no idea why she cancelled the date.  She could have had a death in the family, for all he knew.  He didn't even ask, he just started talking about himself, and why it upset him.

She should not have cancelled the date.  How ridiculous of her.  But Tino making it all about him, and then she pats him on the head and applauds his (most overused word) vulnerability.  

So what did Rachel do all day?  Sit around her ship cabin, eating crackers & watching reruns?  What a waste of a day.  In Belgium.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Am I the only one who was put off by Tino and his complaining that, because Rachel cancelled the date, he didn't "feel seen"?

I just thought, at that moment, he had no idea why she cancelled the date.  She could have had a death in the family, for all he knew.  He didn't even ask, he just started talking about himself, and why it upset him.

She should not have cancelled the date.  How ridiculous of her.  But Tino making it all about him, and then she pats him on the head and applauds his (most overused word) vulnerability.  

So what did Rachel do all day?  Sit around her ship cabin, eating crackers & watching reruns?  What a waste of a day.  In Belgium.

I was so annoyed with Rachel for cancelling the date that I thought Tino had a point, selfish as his way of putting it was.  But I agree, he should have asked first.

• Love 2

I hate when cocktail parties get cancelled, so you can imagine how I feel about Rachel cancelling a whole damn group date in the middle of Bruges. Rachel is really caught in a vicious cycle where she cries in her room about being rejected while not spending time with the guys who are still interested in her, which means they don't spend as much time with her so they might end up rejecting her because she wont spend time with them, and around and around. She cant sit there and sob over one mediocre guy saying he isn't into her that way when she has a whole pack of dudes waiting with baited breath to spend the day with her! If I was the guys I would be really annoyed. Getting rejected sucks, but couldn't she focus on the guys she already has so that they can all have fun? Rachel spends so much time crying and feeling sorry for herself, I feel like she hardly knows any of them. Rachel obviously has some massive self esteem issues, this season was the absolute worse season for her to be on. She needs constant validation and if she doesn't get it, she has a meltdown, so not a good person to share the title with someone else. 

Not that Gabby is a whole lot better, although she at least has never cancelled a group date and is usually engaged in her dates to start out, at least until she starts sobbing over her salad about her mom during every dinner. I really do feel bad for Gabby, she clearly has a TON of issues, but the only one of her guys she seems to be vibing with in any real way is Nayte. Every date ends the same way, Gabby gets super emotional about her issues and the guy of the night comforts her. Its really become a theme as the show has gone on, so many Bachelors/ettes are clearly not in the right headspace to be on a show like this, I always end up not so much hoping they find love so much as they find a therapist. 

This season's two Bachelorette format has been a complete mess. The only good things have been the great locations and Jessie, who has been a really good host. His talk with Rachel was really nice, he used his own experience on the show to very earnestly give her encouragement and advice. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8

It probably doesn't help that they always film the shows so close together. Let the future Bachelor / Bachelorette get emotionally devastated by a rejection (usually), plus the the chaos of filming for weeks, and then days / weeks later, cast them as the lead in the next go around.

How much time does a former contestant / future lead get to decompress before they have to prepare for filming again, with press, interviews, etc? Sounds like emotional whiplash.

I know they agree to it, but it sounds horrible.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Rachel wants unconditional, complete loyalty from these guys who barely even know her. "They should be there for me 100%!"

When she cancelled the group date I was done with her.  She is, I think, the most selfish person I have ever seen on this show.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I think the way Gabby is dressing is more like her normal style in real life so I’d rather she dressed like she would after the show than adhere to what’s expected of her by the show or anyone else. If she ends up picking a guy at the end of this, he should get the authentic version her including the wardrobe she’s comfortable in, her bobble head, her husky yeahs and all. And to me her outfits were not trashy but make a statement of how she wants to portray herself. Plus she’s got it so flaunt it. JMO

6 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

Make the best of all that you do have going on good here and who knows.. you might end up happy after all.

Most of the time, they don’t even end up with the one, so I’ve never understood the need for the theatrics especially this early when they’ve hardly had enough interaction to get to know the other person. Why does the show think this is appealing drama because it’s usually producer driven, it’s off-putting and not the way anyone would want to be portrayed. Just enjoy the show and have fun even if you don’t think the process is going to work for you to find your one, you’re making a lot of $ during and after the show, getting a free cool wardrobe and a 2 month vacation in beautiful locales and popularity. 

2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I didn’t like that either. I understand him wanting to be her rock in an exclusive relationship but he’s not made it there yet. He sounded like he would not be ok after watching her with other guys now that the show is airing and he’d be controlling and overly possessive in an exclusive relationship. Rachel already brought that up as a problem with her past relationship when her job-related away time became a hindrance.

“How much time does a former contestant / future lead get to decompress before they have to prepare for filming again, with press, interviews, etc? Sounds like emotional whiplash.”

Couldn’t get the quote in. 🤷🏻‍♀️I don’t think time to decompress worked out for Clare. It did for Arie though. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dizzyd said:

And to me her outfits were not trashy but make a statement of how she wants to portray herself. Plus she’s got it so flaunt it. JMO

I'm with you! She looked great last night, especially in that green dress. She looks very comfortable and confident (at least with her body, sadly not with her self worth). 

• Love 2

I like Gabbys personality more than I have most other previous  bachelorettes . She doesn’t storm off and sulk constantly and there’s no clear winner like other seasons where the bachelorette only focuses on one guy and it’s obvious who she chooses . She has annoying quirks like the constant “ yeahs “ followed by the bobble head but she is having fun with the process and isn’t all boring serious talk with the guys  . She seems to actually enjoy herself . 
Rachel on the other hand is either kissing the guy or crying . She seems like a sweet person but she needs to learn how to just let go and enjoy herself . Stop letting every little thing get to you ( for example , the guys not staring at her while they were on Gabby’s date .) 

Very unrelated but can someone , anyone cut off Erich’s mullet ? It’s so distracting from his overall look .

i think Jason and Aven are the only cute ones . I don’t find the guys this season appealing looks or personality wise .

Edited by Jax7917
  • Like 3

Rachel crying, miserable and now cancelling the group date to sit and wine over herself.  Gabby's reaction to hearing she didn't even do the group date was funny, she was shocked. 

Not sure why any of Rachel's guys stick it out. They should all be jumping off the ship. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, debbie311 said:

Rachel wants unconditional, complete loyalty from these guys who barely even know her. "They should be there for me 100%!"

When she cancelled the group date I was done with her.  She is, I think, the most selfish person I have ever seen on this show.

Last week she specifically said that as B'ette, "you're supposed to be the only thing these guys care about."  WTAF.

On 8/8/2022 at 8:39 PM, DEL901 said:

Cancelling a whole group date is ridiculous.   I can’t imagine how much “fun” the after party will be. 

This is the part that made no sense.  She cancelled the event where she could have been seeing all the sights and getting cheered up and distracted, and kept the event where she would be laser-focused on just the guys...the same guys that she didn't even want to see at all just a few hours earlier.

On 8/8/2022 at 9:00 PM, Tuneful said:

Chartreuse skinny jeans are not Logan's look. He looks like a fat Fancy Boy. 

I don't know what that type of faded jeans is called, where it's only faded in a narrower vertical area, but I have literally never seen any man wear them, only women.

6 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

But she started the cocktail party by explaining about Logan, so Tino did know the reason why, when he said what he did.  I was glad he did say something because although I wasn't wild about his choice of saying he didn't "feel seen", I do think that if I was one of the guys on the cancelled date, and after seeing her continually get so distraught over how it made her feel when guys she barely knows chose not to be with her anymore, I would start to feel really, really insignificant and unimportant to her....like, "Girlfriend has very few opportunities to see me, and here she is cancelling one of the few.  Guess I don't really mean that much to her."  And how can she not realize how they would feel at this type of cancellation, when it is basically the same type of rejection that she is having a major meltdown about.

21 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

Wonder if he could be a bachelor in training if he doesn’t get to the end?  He’s sweet and almost bashful.  Would be a nice change.

Speaking of bachelor in training, did anyone see Celebrity Family Feud on Sunday?  They had 2 couples on each team, plus one extra person.  One team had Michelle and Nayte (obviously filmed awhile ago), Serena and Joe, and then Rodney from Michelle's season.  The other team was Becca and Thomas, Mari and Kenny, and Mike from Hannah's season.  It got me to thinking that if none of the guys are stand-outs from this season, and so far to me that's the case, then maybe TPTB would be considering Mike or Rodney.

• Love 5

Gabby says she doesn't know who's going to surprise her, as they quick cut to a dockworker wearing a hardhat. They're going to start picking up random people they find along the way if the guys keep bailing on them. Excuse me, sir, how would you like a free vacation and a chance at love?

Oh, no! Logan is doing this NOW. They really are going to have to grab that guy in the hardhat! Oh, man, Rachel's crying that there hasn't been a single week where someone hasn't rejected her. I am assuming that's what's making her upset because Logan is not worth crying over. Is she saying now's the perfect time for them ALL to leave so she can say she didn't quit? Oof.

Ah, yes, the old Belgian tradition of chocolate...wrestling? Wait, did they just walk by the extreme chocolate wrestling but that's not what they're going to do?!?!? Heads are going to roll! Some producer will be fired on the spot for missing that group date opportunity. 

Jesse's doing a pretty good job of talking to Rachel. Harrison always came off as the somewhat smug uncle, but Jesse is empathetic and relating his own experience of not being the perfect Bachelor. Ok, this guy finally won me over as host. Harrison, who?

Have these guys just been wandering around Belgium aimlessly for hours?!? Aw. Now the dudes all feel rejected. This is going to turn into a death spiral of rejection. We can't even go wrestle to cheer up--as we learned last week that is a man's greatest joy in life--since the chocolate surely would have congealed by now.

Logan is actually going to shoot his shot with Gabby?!? Oh, hell no, bro. These two have taken Girl Code to blood oath levels. That was...not the reaction I expected at all from Gabby--or Rachel. Though, Rachel obviously said what she had to say and is still hoping Gabby will send him home.

Rachel made out with every guy left, and they all told her they're cool with her being moody, so she's all better now. But now the guys are all moping because they all thought they were getting the group rose for making her feel better and their "romantic moment."

Oh, yeah, Gabby is still on this show, too! Is Logan just going to show up at some point during this group date? How's she going to decide if she wants to keep him if she hasn't spent--and still isn't spending--any time with them?

I am am snorting over Rock, Paper, Scissors: Fish Slap. This is the funniest thing in Bachelor History.

Oh, here comes Logan! Gentleman, you all know what you need to do now...Rock, Paper, Scissors: Fish Slap to see whether Logan can stay. No, instead they're all playing Rachel's emotional spiraling game: If you took Logan back, that means you don't care about me the way I thought you did.

We now join Rachel's previously scheduled 1:1 date in progress. Um, did my recording cut something out? Speed it up, fellas! Rachel's nervous breakdown and Logan's flip-flopping took up too much time. Aven's bringing back the press-against-the-wall kiss (TM Ari and Emily). Aven is ridiculously handsome! Rachel needed this "win" of a solid, romantic date! Whew!

I thought Gabby's black number with the half-missing top, upside down peek-a-boo lace, asymmetrical skirt with buttons around every side and a waist-high slit, with thigh-high boots was...something. But this denim "cowboy tuxedo" is just as bad. The wardrobe dept must be like, we need to do something to keep Rachel's guys from fleeing to Gabby!* 

Johnny's sob story is untreated depression and crippling low self-esteem--I know I should see somebody but I don't. Well, come back after you do, bro. Gabby's like, fine with me.

*Um, wardrobe dept was saving it all up for Gabby's rose ceremony dress. I am a straight woman, but yowzaas!

Well, everyone knew Gabby was keeping Logan. However, I still don't understand why Rachel was forced to send someone home and now has one fewer contestant. How are they going to "match up" when it's time for 4 people for hometowns, etc.?

Wow! What an emotional roller coaster that preview was. Aw, everyone is in love with everyone...oh, never mind, everyone breaks both girl's hearts! Then you bring me back to life with Rock, Paper, Scissors: Fish Slap.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

This! I really noticed last night that unlike previous Bachelorettes, Gabby and Rachel are set up to be both best friends and competitors which has made both of them seem nervous and a little desperate. I have no doubt producers are whispering in Rachel’s ear, suggesting she should be so upset at another guy leaving. The guys all seem like they are there to be on TV and a lot of 25-26 year olds aren’t ready for marriage yet.

Honestly, I feel like we're watching Tinder and Bumble being acted out in real life. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 8/8/2022 at 9:01 PM, Lamb18 said:

I wonder how they will do hometowns. One person visits four families. So will each Bachelorette visit four families or will each Bachelorette visit two families for a total of four. They could have hometowns be two episodes.

I have a feeling we will see abbreviated mini versions of all the hometowns - sort of like how the footage of the dates and cocktail parties have been. 

• Love 1
On 8/8/2022 at 11:33 PM, gwen747 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing this format again but with better planning and a couple of extra episodes so the dates aren't so rushed.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes, so the guys all had to retreat to their rooms? Maybe they should have allowed the guys to explore on their own, it looked like they were going to visit a chocolate shop. Who knows? It doesn't seem fair to drag these guys to a far away land and then decide to not proceed with the date. 

Oh I so agree with this and I can't understand why they didn't let the guys do a tailored version of the date on their own! I can't get over how they blew off this entire planned activity! It was a big mistake on Rachel's part - as many of us have said it was insulting to the other men and made her look unstable on top of the scolding she threw at them after Gabby's fight date.
I could see her being upset if Zach or Tino wanted to switch sides - 2 men she had successful one-on-one dates with. But not someone she had barely any interaction with ... and when she has many good choices left.
On the Real Housewives shows, the ladies are required to attend events to preserve the integrity of the show. I think the producers/Jesse should have expected Rachel to attend this date as planned.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

This! I really noticed last night that unlike previous Bachelorettes, Gabby and Rachel are set up to be both best friends and competitors which has made both of them seem nervous and a little desperate. I have no doubt producers are whispering in Rachel’s ear, suggesting she should be so upset at another guy leaving. 

I think the girls handled dividing up the guys very well. It's the producers' meddling that is causing problems. Weren't there any other options for drama this season?

7 hours ago, rlc said:

I'm with you! She looked great last night, especially in that green dress. She looks very comfortable and confident (at least with her body, sadly not with her self worth). 

But this is what bothers me about the way she is dressing. She has a fantastic body but her lack of confidence in herself makes me think she's overcompensating by dressing so suggestively.
It wouldn't be so bad if some of her outfits were 'barely-there' but when they all are AND they also do not suit the occasion, it's too much IMHO.

5 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

But she started the cocktail party by explaining about Logan, so Tino did know the reason why, when he said what he did.  I was glad he did say something because although I wasn't wild about his choice of saying he didn't "feel seen", I do think that if I was one of the guys on the cancelled date, and after seeing her continually get so distraught over how it made her feel when guys she barely knows chose not to be with her anymore, I would start to feel really, really insignificant and unimportant to her....like, "Girlfriend has very few opportunities to see me, and here she is cancelling one of the few.  Guess I don't really mean that much to her." 

I appreciated Tino for speaking up although I agree it didn't come off quite right. I liked that he tried to make her understand that it was hurtful for him to see her cancel over someone she had not had nearly as much interaction with. And since Rachel had shown a great deal of interest in Tino I think he may believe he is a frontrunner. Sort of the way Rachel felt with Clayton. I expect Zach and Aven think they are frontrunners as well.
Rachel's journey is mimicking Claytons' and it's quite ironic.

5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Ah, yes, the old Belgian tradition of chocolate...wrestling? Wait, did they just walk by the extreme chocolate wrestling but that's not what they're going to do?!?!? Heads are going to roll! Some producer will be fired on the spot for missing that group date opportunity. 

Jesse's doing a pretty good job of talking to Rachel. Harrison always came off as the somewhat smug uncle, but Jesse is empathetic and relating his own experience of not being the perfect Bachelor.

I have to re-watch that part but I thought the chocolate wrestling might have been the plan for the cancelled group date??

Jesse is doing a great job and I'm looking forward to seeing how he does with Bach in Paradise next!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

I have to re-watch that part but I thought the chocolate wrestling might have been the plan for the cancelled group date??

Yeah, I’m sure it was, too. But I typed that part when they just moseyed by before we knew the date was canceled. It was like it was just some B-roll footage of the quaint neighborhood and, oh look, here’s some chocolate wrestling…and some pretty little shops over this way…

• LOL 2