Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E05: Week 5

• Start Topic

I liked Jessies talk with Rachel. It was basically... Well Rachel.. it is what it is and is unpredictable who is going to be the one who is the one for you. Make the best of all that you do have going on good here and who knows.. you might end up happy after all. We don’t know what anyone is going to say, do or feel,  so what exactly do you think we can do about it? 

• Applause 1
  • Love 12

I would lose my patience with Rachel.  She keeps cancelling everything to feel sorry for herself.  She sends guys home because she likes other guys more.  But a guy can't like someone (Gabby) more than her.  

• Applause 3
  • Love 17

I wish they would stop canceling events! Dumping the group date was a bad decision for the participants as well as viewers. 

Even Gabby is shocked Rachel didn't go on the group date. She punishes the other guys because her ego couldn't handle the rejection of someone she barely knows.

I'm actually surprised the producers allowed this cancelation. 

• Like 1
  • Love 18

I have a feeling Ethan is going to walk the plank tonight (that is not a spoiler since I have no idea), which is too bad. He seems cute and sweet. Has ANY Asian man gotten this far in the competition, yet we know absolutely nothing about him?

1 minute ago, Melonie77 said:

I'm actually surprised the producers allowed this cancelation. 

You gotta feel for the vendors, restaurants, and whatever else who were excited for their chance to be on TV.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

You gotta feel for the vendors, restaurants, and whatever else who were excited for their chance to be on TV.

Yes, it wasn't a professional choice.

I'm surprised Rachel isn't concerned that she is turning her other guys off.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

That looked like a bowl of chocolate ice cream next to a waffle.

However, putting whipped cream in your mouth straight from the whipped cream machine looked insanitary.

If I was a parent, I wouldn't like a strange man picking up my kid and running with him.

Curly-haired guy looks like he has a U-neck instead of a V-neck.

• Love 5

Highlight of the season:

Rachel is suffering a crisis of self-esteem. Her men keep leaving her! Is something wrong with her? Is she that unloved? She walks into the cocktail party with some trepidation...

Rachel: DOES ANYONE ELSE WANT TO F**KIN' LEAVE??

Crisis averted...

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Everything with Rachel is I, I, I, me, me, me, and high-maintenance. I find her unwatchable. She didn't have even the miminal class to say to the group, "It was hard to choose.  You are all great." 

Gabby is more genuine, I think, although my jaw dropped at the outfit she chose for touring for the day. It's for late night at a club, not for walking on cobblestones, taking boat and carriage rides, eating messy food, etc. Morticia Addams of S&M. And WTH with some of them (including Gabby) opening their yaps under the whipped cream machine in a public restaurant, so they could pig out and spill it on themselves, etc.? Were they drunk? Way to act like The Ugly American. So crude and unsanitary.  Speaking of which, was this filmed during COVID? If so you'd never know it. Sucking face with all those different people...gross.  

Chartreuse skinny jeans are not Logan's look. He looks like a fat Fancy Boy. 

Tino has a potty mouth. Nothing like going "Oh f***" when the other group of guys start walking in (what is this, the Sharks and the Jets?). Among other times.   

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Logan hopping from Rachel to Gabby is like Aaron Rodgers going from Green Bay to the Vikings.

I wonder how they will do hometowns. One person visits four families. So will each Bachelorette visit four families or will each Bachelorette visit two families for a total of four. They could have hometowns be two episodes.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

If I was a parent, I wouldn't like a strange man picking up my kid and running with him.

Yeah, I was thinking that too.  Not good judgement…. I wonder if he is like that with his kid’s friends?   

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I don't see how any of Rachel's guys will want to be standing at the end, possibly engaged (no spoilers, just opinion).  She is over dramatic and cancels opportunities to get to know them.  Canceling cocktail parties (previous episodes) and group dates means limiting interactions and opportunities to get to know each other.  I hope her guys were able to tour the city on their own even though the date was officially cancelled (if so, they probably had a much better time!).

Total disrespect by Gabby and her guys to eat whipped cream (which looked amazing) directly from the machine.  The shop probably had to totally clean/disinfect it before using it after they left).  Like others, I couldn't believe how Gabby dressed for that group date.  

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Fish face slapping is a small step up from armpit sniffing. So glad they have traveled all the way to Europe for these special dates!🤣

The boat ride was nice as well as the waffle shop (although I agree w/others that the mouths under the whipped cream spigot was not cool).
But playing soccer with a group of boys and slapping fish? Are the producers forced to schedule simple activities due to the double bachelorette situation?

I didn't like Gabby's outfits for either date.

Edited by Melonie77
  • Love 2

Rachel seems to be saying the same assurances to every guy. And I don’t even think she’s a player, she actually believes it with everyone who shows an interest in her. In a way it’s good that she’s giving each guy 100% so it will be interesting to see the reasons for her cuts coz til now she’s mainly cut guys who’ve rejected her.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Wasn’t he another one who initially waffled?

Yes he has always seemed so arrogant and uninterested. I have always gotten a jerk vibe from him. Yuk.

14 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Good--Nate gets the rose.

Fixed that for you.

I love Nate,

• Love 4

It's nice to hear R's rave review of the date with Aven, but she says same things every date. "Our connection is incredible, it was the perfect day(or evening), I think I'm falling for you," etc., to Zach, Tino, etc. Then the other guys to whom she has effused like this look hurt when they aren't chosen again. She seems phony or fickle. 

Ugh.  

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Rachel seems to be saying the same assurances to every guy. And I don’t even think she’s a player, she actually believes it with everyone who shows an interest in her. In a way it’s good that she’s giving each guy 100% so it will be interesting to see the reasons for her cuts coz til now she’s mainly cut guys who’ve rejected her.

There were 5 guys on the aborted date and Aven, so that’s six if I’m counting correctly.   Home town dates are at final 4 so Rachel doesn’t have many more cuts to make.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Didn’t gabby promise she wasn’t going to do the bachelor handshake? Liar!

Is it a thing to have dinner dates near the altar of European churches?

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 2

This guy who's got the one-on-one with Gabby really looks "over the moon" as he tell us with a straight face.

I wonder if Gabby would like that guy behind the table at the brewery to join her group. 

That guy is not wearing a Speedo. OK, it's Johnny, finally heard his name.

Wouldn't you feel sticky after being in a bath of beer?

• LOL 2

Could Gabby cover up a little, just once? I'm sick of the exhibitionism. Does she ever wear an outfit that is not all cut-out/plunge or doesn't look like she put on lingerie and forgot to finish dressing? Well, except a coat when cold rain was pouring down.   

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Is this a record?  Episode 5 and neither Bachelorette, that I can recall, has said that they know their future husband is in the room or that they can see themselves falling in love with multiple, or any, men?

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Is this a record?  Episode 5 and neither Bachelorette, that I can recall, has said that they know their future husband is in the room or that they can see themselves falling in love with multiple, or any, men?

One or both might say it tonight!

Logan needs to wear socks with his suit.

I hope Logan is roseless tonight.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

It's nice to hear R's rave review of the date with Aven, but she's said the same things every date. "Our connection is incredible, it was the perfect day(or evening), I think I'm falling for you," etc., to Zach, Tino, etc. Then the other guys to whom she has effused like this look hurt when they aren't chosen again. She seems phony or fickle. 

I was thinking the same thing - she seems like a phony when speaking to the men. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I wonder if Rachel even needs to send anyone home with one less guy.

Good question. They each lost 2 last week and were down to 7 men per girl until Logan went to Gabby's group.

I wonder if it was planned to send two home from each group again tonight? If so Rachel only has to let one go.

I do not like how Rachel ends every sentence on an up note. 

• Love 3

Aw, Meatball is going home. I guess he'll stop by Jimmy John's on his way home.

Rats, I was hoping Gabby would kick Logan to the curb. She could have given Mario a rose. He's nice.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Those tulips sure are pretty! 

I'm going to Amsterdam, too, next month, but I'll only be changing planes there.

So Logan does turn out to be a bad guy after all. Not surprised. 

The end is the best part.

• Love 1

Oh I feel so bad for Mario and Michael. They looked really nervous and stressed during the wait for Gabby to call the last name.

And now the coming attractions show something else goes down with Logan!

And they show how there will be more endless crying and whining yet to come. Sigh.

• Love 1