Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 8/1/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

As much as I despised Meghan she rarely brought up religion. On the other hand Elisabeth would almost daily say "as a Christian".  That drove me up a wall. 

McCain was worse than Elisabeth to me though. She used the same language, "infanticide" and all that. They're both vile, but McCain was so much worse, imo.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

McCain was worse than Elisabeth to me though. She used the same language, "infanticide" and all that. They're both vile, but McCain was so much worse, imo.

With regards to abortion yes Meghan was absolutely obnoxious about it.  But Elisabeth would bring God into every discussion.  Between her Sherri I had my fill of Jesus talk. 

• Love 11

Watching yesterday's episode, and Sara said 92% of the people of Afghanistan are food insecure, and she thinks it's because we don't have a military presence there anymore. I agree with Sara that it is horrific, but the people there are starving due to US sanctions. I would explain more, but don't want to get OT. 

• Love 5

As if the abortion topic wasn't enough, then they had to bring up EH's other favorite topic, FOOTBALL. When they started the show by letting her get in a big plug for her stupid children's book, (flashlight not included!) I knew it was downhill from there.

And yes, THANK GOD that's over. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12

Elisabeth made a point of arguing with one of the ladies (Joy?) by saying something was God’s will. Pretty arrogant of her to be the person who speaks for God. Who does she think she is?

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Elisabeth made a point of arguing with one of the ladies (Joy?) by saying something was God’s will. Pretty arrogant of her to be the person who speaks for God. Who does she think she is?

She was always like that.  Star Jones was a Christian and she was much more tolerable.  

10 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Her brand of Christianity is why people are leaving the church.  I'm right and you're wrong and going to hell, just doesn't appeal to a lot of people.   

I'm an atheist and when someone tells me I'm going to hell I always say cool at least I will be with my peeps.  

I do believe it's a brand for Elisabeth.  That is what made her different.  She was awful when she was a co host but reading these comments it seems she has gotten even worse.  

• Love 14

You could not pay me to watch a show with Hasselbeck on it. Regarding who is worse-McCain or Hasselbeck? I can tell you this, I would not spit on either of them if they were on fire. I agree with those who said they did this so we would not take the Amy Farrah Meg Griffin thing so hard. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 9

How is American football the most diverse sport ever when it's only played in 1 country when there are a load of sports played in almost every country in the world? Maybe god told her it was so. This woman is so full of shit, every word out of her mouth is just wrong & she just seems so hateful.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 12

I haven’t been on this site in a while. Have been watching, just keeping under the radar.

Until today.  Was EH really on for 10 years?  I guess I was able to take it being so much younger.  Back in those days I used to wear out the FF button.  Rabid chipmunk!  Perfect nick for her!  

Glad this was a one and done.  So long for good little annoying chipmunk.  You were and still are so tiresome.  😖🥺

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

How is American football the most diverse sport ever when it's only played in 1 country when there are a load of sports played in almost every country in the world? Maybe god told her it was so. This woman is so full of shit, every word out of her mouth is just wrong & she just seems so hateful.

She probably meant most diverse American sport. 

I forgot how obnoxious Elisabeth was. Was she as “God happy” back then as she was today? She was pretty much CCB 2.0. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

EH has been on for 5 minutes, has mentioned God 873,000 times.  Make her go away!

OMG!!  I had enough of her within the first minute!  She’s even worse now than she was when I’m the show.  And she still covers all of her awfulness wit that veneer of “sweetness” which makes it even worse.  And no Elisabeth, there aren’t tons of non profits out there “wrapping their arms around” pregnant women and women who’ve been forced to have a baby. Maybe until the birth to make sure you have that baby but not so much after.  I didn’t know it was possible to find someone worse than MM…but somehow she is.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'd forgotten Joy had an ectopic pregnancy at one time. I'm glad she brought it up today because, despite what Elisabeth would like to believe, women with ectopic pregancies will be affected by these abortion bans. It's too bad Whoopi felt restrained by the need to be polite because she's only there for one day, I'd have loved if Whoopi had felt free to say what she really thinks. Thankfully, the others don't feel that restrained going by this second segment.

This "correction" post-commercial with Joy, please... If it's an embryo and no longer an egg, and life begins at conception, then it would still be "murder" according to Elisabeth's logic. So, yes, it is relevant to the conversation she began--and it highlights what nonsense that kind of inflammatory language is.

Go Sara! I'm glad someone was there to give the other side as far as Christians go--not all of us Christians are like Elisabeth, with her judgmental spiel. And I loved Sunny bursting the bubble at the end of the topic, after the whole discussion had been about what the Bible says as if we're living in a theocratic state, by wondering why what the Bible says should have relevance to what the law is in a country where there's supposed to be freedom of religion.

And these Christians are picking and choosing, as always.  Isn’t there a lawsuit in FL brought by Orthodox Jews saying the anti abortion laws interfere with their religion?  So the Torah (aka for Christians the Old Testament, more or less) clearly approves.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

I missed a lot of the Elisabeth years, but..... wow.... she's a real piece of work.   I was fine with her views on the abortion topic.  Respect her right to her opinion.   But the tea towel and post it notes crossed the line to just plain obnoxious.   Just because you say it with it with a smile, doesn't make it any less hateful and judgmental.   Loved how the ladies (other than Sunny) basically ignored her post it note stunt and changed the subject.   Her brand of Christianity is why people are leaving the church.  I'm right and you're wrong and going to hell, just doesn't appeal to a lot of people.   

Yes, I respect her right to an opinion, problem is she (and those of her ilk) doesn't respect any differing opinions, much less their right to choose what's best for them. Call social services to help you! There will be people waiting in line to adopt your baby! Yeah, tell that to all the kids in foster care waiting to be adopted.

As far as her brand of Christianity, I'm right and you're wrong and you're going to hell, I put up with enough of that with my late Pentecostal grandmother. To the point that we finally told her if she kept it up, she wouldn't be included in family gatherings anymore, because who wants to hear how they're not saved and they're going to hell during a nice Thanksgiving dinner. *smh*

• Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

By the sound of things my blood pressure will be way up if I watch this when it's on at west coast time.

I’m on the west coast but taped it so I can ff through her worst stuff.  

2 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Tuned in just in time for the football conversation ("You're against the most diverse sport ever!!!!") and the Post-it routine. I'd forgotten just how tedious Elisabeth was.

The post its were horrible…her smug face!  Wish sunny had been a bit louder with her counter attack!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, CynicalGirl said:

Call social services to help you! There will be people waiting in line to adopt your baby! Yeah, tell that to all the kids in foster care waiting to be adopted.

And...tell that to all those babies who aren't cute, perfect, healthy, white, etc.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

Football is the most diverse sport?  She must mean the true football (which Americans call soccer).  Professional teams are filled with players from the entire world, unlike American football in which the vast majority of the players are American. Heck, you don't even need to be a fan of the sport - an episode of Ted Lasso would illustrate my argument!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

She probably meant most diverse American sport. 

I doubt if it is the "most diverse" statistically.  Maybe Elisabeth understands that there are MANY teams, MANY players, MANY coaches, and all those underlings that make games happen.  She has thousands of people to count--even including the housekeeping and maintenance staffs to come up with her diversity numbers.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

And...tell that to all those babies who aren't cute, perfect, healthy, white, etc.

That is so true.  Years ago we tried to adopt.  The wait list for a healthy white infant was years and years long, and there was no assurance that you would end up with a baby.  On the other hand, if you wanted to adopt an African American baby or a baby with special needs, they could work with you immediately.  There was that much difference.

I'd forgotten how much I can't stand Elisabeth.  She is so damned smug and sure of herself.  I doubt she can ever see an issue from a different point of view or - gasp - admit that she might be wrong. When she announced on social media that she was going on The View, she asked people to "Pray for Me." Of course it was meant to be tongue in cheek, and of course she got plenty of sympathy.  If she needs prayers, why did she agree to go on the show, if it is THAT awful.  Oh, I forgot.  She wanted to plug her new book about kids writing on walls.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

I doubt if it is the "most diverse" statistically.  Maybe Elisabeth understands that there are MANY teams, MANY players, MANY coaches, and all those underlings that make games happen.  She has thousands of people to count--even including the housekeeping and maintenance staffs to come up with her diversity numbers.

She means her husband and kids have a black friend because they played football.   Apparently their social circle, school, church, etc.  isn't very diverse if you have to rely on football for diversity.   

2 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

Yes, I respect her right to an opinion, problem is she (and those of her ilk) doesn't respect any differing opinions, much less their right to choose what's best for them. Call social services to help you! There will be people waiting in line to adopt your baby! Yeah, tell that to all the kids in foster care waiting to be adopted.

According to her the reason those kids are in foster care is because it's ran by the government.   As if there is something preventing those non-profits who are wrapping their arms around pregnant women (and their healthy white babies) from also wrapping their arms around mothers who are unable to care for their disabled child or older children

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

OMG!!  I had enough of her within the first minute!  She’s even worse now than she was when I’m the show.  And she still covers all of her awfulness wit that veneer of “sweetness” which makes it even worse.  And no Elisabeth, there aren’t tons of non profits out there “wrapping their arms around” pregnant women and women who’ve been forced to have a baby. Maybe until the birth to make sure you have that baby but not so much after.  I didn’t know it was possible to find someone worse than MM…but somehow she is.  

If the non-profit has "wrapped their arms around" the pregnant woman while she was pregant and she decided to give the baby up for adoption, who is going to help her at that point.  A woman can't give birth on Tuesday and back to her "before pregnancy" life on Wednesday.  What if she has post-partum depression? She's going to be bleeding and have hormone fluctuations for a while. But those organizations got the baby born and that's all they care about.  We know those organizations only want the woman to be pregnant but they don't really care about the woman.  I'm a Christian but Elisabeth could make me an atheist easily because I want nothing to do with her God.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

The post its were horrible…her smug face!  Wish sunny had been a bit louder with her counter attack!

For me, it immediately made me think of that old SNL skit of her back when, where she was bringing out papers she'd printed off. Hard to believe, going on 15 years later, and that skit still has her down to a T!

• Mind Blown 2
6 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

You could not pay me to watch a show with Hasselbeck on it. Regarding who is worse-McCain or Hasselbeck? I can tell you this, I would not spit on either of them if they were on fire. I agree with those who said they did this so we would not take the Amy Farrah Meg Griffin thing so hard. 

I also thought that this was a tactical move before announcing the replacement the next day.  From the sounds of it Hasselbeck delivered the "Praise Be" performance. 🤢

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Does Elisabeth not know there are plenty of kids in orphanages and foster homes that no one is adopting?  She’s talking about hooking up people with unwanted pregnancies with people looking to adopt.  Where are those people for the kids that are already here?

8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I don’t think Sunny has said a word today.

She did.  She said that "because I'm a Cath-o-lic, I believe abortion is murder."  For some reason the word "murder" makes me shudder--when associated with the physical and emotional turmoil of the pregnant women.  I'd bet there are Cath-o-lic rules/guidelines/commandments that Sunny breaks ALL THE TIME--that her children DEFINITELY break.  Why doesn't she bring up those...and defend herself?

I was a devout Catholic for 25 years (well...I don't know how "devout a newborn to 7-8yrs old could have been).  There were mortal sins that were somehow changed to venial in the 1960s.  There were rules that were declared null and void.  "Because I'm a Catholic," and her church told her that's "murder," shouldn't be Sunny's reasoning for being anti-abortion.  She needs to speak for herself; let her OWN CONSCIENCE guide her.  That's what her church also teaches.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 8/1/2022 at 10:31 AM, KittyQ said:

It also sounded as though she was saying that there's some issue with parents who want to take their kids to drag queen shows.

It was also "major news" here in Arizona when a Trump-backed candidate for governor began to rant about drag queen local storytimes.  THEN we learned (and saw the pictures on the TV news) that the same candidate had a party where her 5yr old daughter attended...and a drag queen was the guest of honor.

• Mind Blown 4
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Axie said:

Didn’t Whoopie say something nice about Paloma at the end of the show?

I think it was a feeble attempt at righting a perceived* wrong ... just as (today) all of Smugabeth's, "I love you's."  For me, from her, they're equal to, "Bless your heart."

*Maybe Sunny got a "hurt" look on her face...or maybe the control room suggested to Whoopi there might be some backlash.

• Love 1

Elisabeth has become such a caricature of herself - "God, grace, hearts, grace, God, hearts, prayer, God, grace, hearts, football, hearts, grace, God, God" ad nauseam. Okay, we got it, you're a devout Christian. Also still very judgmental and sanctimonious. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10

So until today, I thought Elisabeth's husband was a professional baseball player.  Oh well.  And what was that nonsense with the post-it notes?  I mean, I find it annoying when Joy randomly inserts Trump into conversations (which she seems to do less the further we get from his presidency, thankfully) but Elisabeth took that behavior and turned it to eleven!  The fact that she attended the morning meeting, then took the time to hunt down post-it notes and write out multiple messages is just beyond nuts.  And when you're a guest no less!  

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

Elisabeth has become such a caricature of herself - "God, grace, hearts, grace, God, hearts, prayer, God, grace, hearts, football, hearts, grace, God, God" ad nauseam. Okay, we got it, you're a devout Christian. Also still very judgmental and sanctimonious. 

Same as she ever was.

When Whoopi was talking about choice and Elisabeth tried to interrupt by saying no I was so hoping Whoopi would have said girl please stop talking. 

And yes the post its and dish towel or whatever the fuck it was just so cringe.  As @thejuicersaid Elisabeth has become a caricature.  It was like an unfunny SNL skit.   She couldn't talk about one thing without bringing God into it.  She must be a joy to sit next to on a plane.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I'm not sure how I stood that shrill, fingernails on a blackboard  voice back when Hasselback was on the show. As others have so skillfully pointed out, she hasn't changed. God, book for children talking to God, prayer, abortion is murder, God has plan for everyone, prayer, my husband the football player, my kids play football , God, prayer, dig at Biden administration, God...

CTE? That must be God's plan. Woman dying  in childbirth? God's plan. Ten year old rape victim having to give birth? It's all God's plan, don't you know?

Her sanctimonious, holier than thou creepiness is worse than ever.

Edited by Kenz
  • Applause 6
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, TheView said:

Elisabeth makes Alyssa look a million times better 

I was definitely NOT A FAN of Alyssa on her first couple of "auditions,"...but I saw how composed she was when involved with the January 6 Hearings--how she remembers and presents facts...giving her own testimony, and acting as a commentator a few times during the hearings...I am impressed.  I lean WAY-WAY-WAY the other way from her politically, but am willing to give her a fair chance on The View--after seeing what could have been.  It's sad that our "old" View has become politics-politics-politics.  

• Like 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Kenz said:

I'm not sure how I stood that shrill, fingernails on a blackboard  voice back when Hasselback was on the show.

That screechy chimpunk voice...so sweet and po-hahaha-sitive, talking a mile a minute to make sure no one else can get a word in.

2 hours ago, Kenz said:

CTE? That must be God's plan.

It's too bad no one had the GUTS to pose that question.  Not to worry, though, all the "technology" advances in equipment and training have made sure the sport is no longer dangerous for children and other living creatures. If we could comb news articles for every big city and little burg for 2021, there are probably too many stories about permanent injuries (some severe, some fatal) to high school FOOTBALL players.

And, hey!  Hasn't Sunny presented herself as IN CHARGE OF ALL THINGS FAMILY?  If she was so against her son's playing football, how did those arguments go?  What was the atmosphere when she lost?  And for how long?

11 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

As if the abortion topic wasn't enough, then they had to bring up EH's other favorite topic, FOOTBALL. When they started the show by letting her get in a big plug for her stupid children's book, (flashlight not included!) I knew it was downhill from there.

And yes, THANK GOD that's over. 

And, hopefully, we can wait ANOTHER twenty-five years until she's back.   (I'm 82 so I don't have to see it.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4

Well I knew here in the west coast it was going to be bad when I get that reminder bell from YouTube and it’s titled Elizabeth can shove it.   My question is how does a good Christian woman like herself say when way back when the discussion was about poor underprivileged children not having insurance and her response was where are the parents?

Then when gay marriage was a topic she said why can’t we just marry our toasters? 
Today she’s going to give us all links to help women, teens children so many resources for them with unwanted pregnancies,while her party closes down Planned Parenthood. 
I had the same tubal pregnancy burst happen to me and as Joy.  I was lucky I went into shock in the OBYN office and he had his nurse drive me with seat back to the nearby hospital where I got 2 units of blood and surgery.  The  doctor wanted to tie my tubes (5th pregnancy 2 living children 2nd husband ). The hospital wouldn’t allow it. 
Elizabeth do me a favor and GET OFF MY PORCH AND MY TV. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

My question is how does a good Christian woman like herself say when way back when the discussion was about poor underprivileged children not having insurance and her response was where are the parents?

Then when gay marriage was a topic she said why can’t we just marry our toasters? 

Yeah, this is where Elisabeth has changed.  In the past she would shriek hysterically about issues on which she disagreed.  Now she remains calm and has her talking points well rehearsed (complete with visual aids), but is just as sanctimonious.  The increasing influence of the Christian right into politics has made her even more arrogant.  Her inability to listen to others' opinions is infuriating.  When she was shaking her head and saying no to Whoopi's reasonable rebuttal I so wanted to punch her face.  Take your Bible, dish towel, and post-its and go home, Elisabeth.  We aren't interested in your brand of fanaticism.  

• Fire 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 8