Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 8/1/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Like I suspected this is the company that published Elisabeth's book

WaterBrook Mission

WaterBrook publishes books that inspire readers to find rich, spiritual purpose in their daily lives. We seek creative approaches and innovative messages that draw on the Bible, experiential learning, story, and practical guidance to help readers thrive as they follow Jesus amid the complexities and opportunities of life today.

Also, that book was published in February 21. A year and a half ago.  It was marked down a lot on Amazon.  

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Yeah, this is where Elisabeth has changed.  In the past she would shriek hysterically about issues on which she disagreed.  Now she remains calm and has her talking points well rehearsed (complete with visual aids), but is just as sanctimonious.  The increasing influence of the Christian right into politics has made her even more arrogant.  Her inability to listen to others' opinions is infuriating.  When she was shaking her head and saying no to Whoopi's reasonable rebuttal I so wanted to punch her face.  Take your Bible, dish towel, and post-its and go home, Elisabeth.  We aren't interested in your brand of fanaticism.  

She was always a wretched human being.  As mentioned above her comments about children needing health insurance, comparing people wanting  marriage equality to wanting to marry your toaster and let's not forget her implying Michelle Obama was not "fresh".  But you are right @Haleth she is riding high thinking her team is winning.   As for that whole thing of when they go low we go high.  Fuck that.  I hope karma hits her and hits her hard. 

And when Whoopi was introducing her she said Elisabeth left in 2013.  She neglected to mention she was told to leave.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

When she was shaking her head and saying no to Whoopi's reasonable rebuttal I so wanted to punch her face.  Take your Bible, dish towel, and post-its and go home, Elisabeth.  We aren't interested in your brand of fanaticism.  

Haleth, I agree with EVERYTHING you wrote!  Her insincere, "I love you's" inserted after someone tries to disagree with her makes me want to run on the stage and SLAP THE SHIT out of her.  And she's raising three children!  (I'm in Arizona, so I can't very well run on anyone's stage.)  That dish towel was the last straw!  

She'd better watch herself around Whoopi.  That woman can hold a grudge.

If Bitsy has even ONE close friend, I bet they try to out-HOLY each other moment by moment.

• Like 1
  • Love 10

Should we take bets on when Elisabeth will be invited back?  I'd guess it would be over the dead bodies of Whoopi, Joy, and Sunny.

If these were the old "Bill Geddie" days, she definitly created SPARKS, so she'd be back next week. She made Bill SPARK too (the only rason she lasted ten years)!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I am/was verklempt when Ana spoke.  Glad to know she sees how viewers really like her contribution whenever she graces the table.  Alyssa gave a thoughtful statement too.  Hopefully she will continue to be a moderating voice.

• Like 5
  • Love 9

Having two ostensibly conservative voices will be good. I really want to consider and digest conservative perspectives. Ana has demonstrated that she is balanced, fair and energetic -- and most of all intelligent. Alyssa has demonstrated that she is balanced. Elizabeth honestly lacks intelligence (remember "desperacy" ?) and Megan's presence was an out and out mistake and only contributed negativity. So with both Ana and Alyssa officially on board, here's to an intelligent and informed discussion of the day's events that advance our thinking and quality of our lives.

In different matters, if Whoopi is dyslexic (as she admitted today) how is she able to recommend summer reading books as she did last week? I am not being snarky, but honestly want to know. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, FaginZorro said:

In different matters, if Whoopi is dyslexic (as she admitted today) how is she able to recommend summer reading books as she did last week? I am not being snarky, but honestly want to know. 

She's talked at length about how she listens to audio books.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, FaginZorro said:

I too am dyslexic and a very active reader. It slows me down but not as much as people might imagine who don't know someone who is dyslexic. That being said Whoopi has been a champion of Audible / Audio Books for ages

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I think they finally made her "official co-host" to shutdown the media trying to push misinformation about the show that she's been passed over or whatever. She probably still will only be there Monday's and Friday's. I loved her back when she started on the show as contributor in 2015. Lately, she's been getting on my nerves a little with the weird attitude she has towards Joy, but I do still like her. Joy correcting her pronunciation of Teta was probably just her getting back at Ana for doing the same thing to her all the time, heh.

As for Alyssa--I don't like her, of course, but she's not going to ruin the show for me like McCain did. We all have our different tolerance levels, for me how I'd rank the people who've been in that "role" based on Easiest to Tolerate to Unbearable, it would be Ana > Paula > Abby > Elisabeth > Candace > Alyssa > Jedidiah > McCain. Those last two were the worst and Alyssa isn't at their level for me. *shrug* YMMV. I leave Nicolle off the list because my opinion on her time at The View was complicated; I like her as a personality on her own more most of those others, but with Whoopi she was horrible. So Alyssa was an "eh, fine" choice as far as being neither a plus nor a minus to the show in that way, I guess? Thankfully she doesn't shout or scream, I can't stand that.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

So, is Anna full time Monday through Friday or just Monday or Friday or just filling in when needed?  I did not catch that part. A table of 6 cohosts would be a bit crowded. 

4 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Whoopi really got her ass kissed today.  The other cohosts are probably used to it, but, I think Sara was subtly telling Jo Koy a few times that enough is enough.

A very sweet ass kisisng 🙂.   Whether people like her in her role on the View, she is a legend to many.    Sarah knows this and swapped seats with Jo to let him have his moment.   

• Like 9
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, js9548 said:

So, is Anna full time Monday through Friday or just Monday or Friday or just filling in when needed?  I did not catch that part. A table of 6 cohosts would be a bit crowded. 

Articles I'm reading say she'll be there Monday instead of Joy, Friday instead of Whoopi, and then filling in other days as people are out as well. 

• Useful 3
20 minutes ago, Tammy12 said:

Articles I'm reading say she'll be there Monday instead of Joy, Friday instead of Whoopi, and then filling in other days as people are out as well. 

So Joy and Whoopi each get a three day weekend?  Of course Joy will be off on Mondays when they talk about everything that happens over the weekend.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 7
9 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

So Joy and Whoopi each get a three day weekend?  Of course Joy will be off on Mondays when they talk about everything that happens over the weekend.

Joy is pushing 80, she deserves a three day weekend, and only having to deal with Whoop for 3 days.

• Love 19

What did I learn so far? That the US has the greatest legal system in the world, cuz MURICA that's why. While it is certainly much better than Russia's and some other countries we could all name the best in the world is on the same level as the idiot yesterday telling us that football was the most diverse sport ever.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Tammy12 said:
1 hour ago, FaginZorro said:

I too am dyslexic and a very active reader. It slows me down but not as much as people might imagine who don't know someone who is dyslexic. That being said Whoopi has been a champion of Audible / Audio Books for ages

Right!  Whoopi has said often that she prefers to NOT read books.  When presenting her choices for the summer reading list, she added that they're available on audiobooks.  She does a lot of "reading" in her motorhome /bus...she won't drive and she won't read.

Edited by Back Atcha
2 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Joy is pushing 80, she deserves a three day weekend, and only having to deal with Whoop for 3 days.

HOORAY, SugarBaker!  I'm 82 and can barely handle Whoopi for the 42 minutes/5 days a week I (usually) watch the show.  IMAGINE being in their make-up room...in the meetings before the show, and THEN the show.  Whoopi is A LOT!

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Right!  Whoopi has said often that she prefers to NOT read books.  When presenting her choices for the summer reading list, she added that they're available on audiobooks.  She does a lot of "reading" in her motorhome /bus...she won't drive and she won't read.

Because she is dyslexic.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Well, I hate that Joy will be off Monday's. When Whoopi stopped appearing on Friday's, it was a RELIEF because she'd got to be so unbearable after Rosie and Paula. That became the best day of the week. But a day without Joy is a Fast Forward Day.

I'd much rather Joy, Sara, Sunny, and Alyssa alternate the day off. I mean, if it's Joy who wants a three day weekend, I'd say good for her. But if it's the show making that decision, they're morons. Sara, Sunny, and Alyssa are much more expendable than the other three as far as who the viewers tune in for, let's be real here.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Well, I hate that Joy will be off Monday's

But a day without Joy is a Fast Forward Day.

I mean, if it's Joy who wants a three day weekend, I'd say good for her

Yes.  If Joy wants three day weekends then yes she deserves it.  But I am going to miss her on Mondays.  

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Because she is dyslexic.

My answer was to previous comments that mentioned "dyslexia."  Here's the thread.

58 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:
2 hours ago, Tammy12 said:
2 hours ago, FaginZorro said:

2 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Yes.  If Joy wants three day weekends then yes she deserves it.  But I am going to miss her on Mondays.  

I guess part of me wonders if it's her decision so much as others considering she was mysteriously absent the first half of this season pretty often whenever the conservative try-outs would be trying out as if to make it "easy" for them... And with Teta favoring people like Alyssa, Stephanie, and Lindsey among the people who auditioned on top of having coddled McCain back when, well...

I don't think her age is evidence Joy "needs" a day off. The View isn't hard labor.... Sunny's probably the only one who has to do much prep beforehand because of her legal notes. I feel the same about Joy being off Monday's as I would if if/whenever she retired: I wouldn't care if she's off as long as it's her decision. Barbara Walters got pushed out at ABC because she became too difficult for people there (at least that was my read on the situation although they'd never say it), since she was sort of a micromanaging type and her age took a toll on her ability to control everything as well as she once did, imo. If anything, Joy is more coherent and much less difficult towards people at the show than Whoopi in the present, much less when compared to Barbara at the time Barbara left, so I don't think Joy's age should mean anything in that regard.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Interesting that the Monday/Friday schedule is one that Anna's been doing for the past few weeks.   Guess she needed to try it out before agreeing to it?   Or there may some other behind the scenes stuff going on.

Joy this season has been a little different.   She was more relaxed and able to speak her mind with MM gone, but at the same time more cranky (for lack of better word) across the board.   

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

That’s good.  Joy deserves the extra tine off. 

• Love 1

I always thought Ana was an "official co-host" just there on Fridays. What do I know???

Now all six in of them in the opening. Will there be enough space on the mugs for six???

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 2

I don’t follow Megugh on any social platforms, so, I probably won’t know if she does this, but, I’m waiting for her to announce that it took 2 new cohosts to replace her.

• LOL 9
7 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

What did I learn so far? That the US has the greatest legal system in the world, cuz MURICA that's why.

But, Welshman, Sunny told us she's familiar with the legal systems because she has traveled all over the world!  I don't know when Americans will quit bragging and comparing our systems to those of other countries--when most of us know NOTHING about other countries.  Because I have no clue, I'll ask:  Sunny, is Denmark's legal system substandard to the USA?

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, howiveaddict said:
7 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

That’s good.  Joy deserves the extra tine off. 

And that would work well for Ana too--leaving midweek free.  Flying to NYC from Miami that often is gonna get MIGHTY irritating.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Rightside said:

I always thought Ana was an "official co-host" just there on Fridays. What do I know???

Now all six in of them in the opening. Will there be enough space on the mugs for six???

Yeah, it kinda surprised me too because I also thought Ana was already "official" just not full-time. I know some of the recent articles seemed to imply that she was passed over for Alyssa so maybe that's why they included her in the "ceremony". I never had the impression, and still don't, that Ana wanted the gig full-time.

Unless Joy actually wants to go to a 4 day, long weekend week (and who wouldn't) more power to her. And I do hope it was HER choice, because she has certainly earned it and they better not be fucking with her now. Although I did hear she just signed a new contract.

Actually, I would rather see Ana and Alyssa split their days but in any case it's nice for everyone to have a spare body if anyone needs to take a day or two off. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just finished watching today's show, and I thought the opening sequence with the Drone shots of behind the scenes was very Cool!  Always fun to see the back-stage hurry & scurry before a show begins...

• Love 2

Yikers. Elizabeth's book looked like it was for preschoolers. Helped her writing it were her much older kids that evidently can write. And play football. Seriously? Chalk and flashlight not included? 

Wish Sunny had asked her regarding the most diverse sport ever what her take was on Kaepernick... 

And the post-it's were slice and dice told you so to her fans.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Should we take bets on when Elisabeth will be invited back?  I'd guess it would be over the dead bodies of Whoopi, Joy, and Sunny.

Hopefully they won't have her on again until the View's 50th Anniversary year. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

So yesterday was moving day so I didnt get to see the show.  Lemme get this right, Ana will be there on Mons and Fris and Joy is going to a 4 day/wk schedule?  Given her age I can see why she'd want to cut back a bit, but Ana is willing to spend more time in NY?  Good for us!  And, of course, Alyssa is the new 5 day/wk cohost.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

So yesterday was moving day so I didnt get to see the show.  Lemme get this right, Ana will be there on Mons and Fris and Joy is going to a 4 day/wk schedule?  Given her age I can see why she'd want to cut back a bit, but Ana is willing to spend more time in NY?  Good for us!  And, of course, Alyssa is the new 5 day/wk cohost.

So Mondays will be Whoopi, Sara, Sunny, Ana and Alyssa.  Then Tuesday - Thursday it's Whoopi, Joy, Sara, Sunny and Alyssa.  And Friday it's Joy, Sara, Sunny, Ana and Alyssa.  So Ana is in NYC Fridays and Mondays. Does she fly home for the weekend?  Does she fly home after Monday's show and then flies back later in the week for Friday's show?  

9 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Just finished watching today's show, and I thought the opening sequence with the Drone shots of behind the scenes was very Cool!  Always fun to see the back-stage hurry & scurry before a show begins...

I had the opposite reaction.  I thought why are they wasting our time with this.

9 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

Yeah, it kinda surprised me too because I also thought Ana was already "official" just not full-time. I know some of the recent articles seemed to imply that she was passed over for Alyssa so maybe that's why they included her in the "ceremony". I never had the impression, and still don't, that Ana wanted the gig full-time.

I think Ana might have felt taken for granted.  And I can't say that I blame her.  Sunny wrote in her book how slighted she felt when there was no announcement about her becoming a permanent cohost.  The View seems to pick and choose which cohosts get big welcome to the show announcements and which cohosts get the big farewell shows. Or in the case of some, don't let the door hit you on your way out. 

I had no idea who Jo Koy was before this show but Jesus was he way too much extra.  I understand Whoopi is his idol but that hero worship was just too much.  

• Love 2

Ana's comment after Joy's story about the dogs is why she's getting on my nerves lately. I liked her because, tbh, she reminded me of Joy, actually--despite their political differences--in that she could let things go, not take anything too seriously, have fun. But lately she's been morphing into Sunny--not able to let /anything/ go, making petty comments every time Joy speaks, sometimes days later about something nobody in the world gives a shit about, jeez. If you hate being there so bad, feel free to leave any time.

• Sad 1

o Mondays will be Whoopi, Sara, Sunny, Ana and Alyssa.  Then Tuesday - Thursday it's Whoopi, Joy, Sara, Sunny and Alyssa.  And Friday it's Joy, Sara, Sunny, Ana and Alyssa.  So Ana is in NYC Fridays and Mondays. Does she fly home for the weekend?  Does she fly home after Monday's show and then flies back later in the week for Friday's show?  

Anna did say when she was introduced that sometimes she is on the plane 4 times in one week. I guess that means back and forth twice. 

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Ana's comment after Joy's story about the dogs is why she's getting on my nerves lately. I liked her because, tbh, she reminded me of Joy, actually--despite their political differences--in that she could let things go, not take anything too seriously, have fun. But lately she's been morphing into Sunny--not able to let /anything/ go, making petty comments every time Joy speaks, sometimes days later about something nobody in the world gives a shit about, jeez. If you hate being there so bad, feel free to leave any time.

I didn't watch the View when Ana first started appearing. I only saw her after Meghan joined the show.  I've always thought Ana seemed nice because Meghan was just so awful.  But there have been flashes of Ana not being so nice.  She would flash her claws at Meghan which Meghan deserved but like @TheGreenKnight said she now seems to not like Joy as much.  

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, geekburger said:

Flashback Friday made one final Season 25 appearance when they talked about Nepo Babies. Welcome back Megan!

after all of the whining MM did about the View after she left, I was really hoping someone would have been petty enough to call her out by name!

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I didn't watch the View when Ana first started appearing. I only saw her after Meghan joined the show.  I've always thought Ana seemed nice because Meghan was just so awful.  But there have been flashes of Ana not being so nice.  She would flash her claws at Meghan which Meghan deserved but like @TheGreenKnight said she now seems to not like Joy as much.  

Oh, yeah, she was mean to McCain, but I felt McCain started that exchange and Ana finished it. The only thing I know of that Joy's done to Ana is a few months back when Whoopi was out filming Joy went to commercial without letting her speak on a topic once because they'd run out of time. As if she's the only one that's happened to before--and she's still carrying that grudge. Get a grip.

1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

As if she's the only one that's happened to before--and she's still carrying that grudge. Get a grip.

Remember yesterday when Whoopi said something like nothing at the table is personal and Joy agreed with her?  I thought yeah right.  There have been so many grudges held between cohosts. over the years.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Ana may have been snippy with Joy after the dog story because Joy interrupted Ana to tell it.

Having watched the show myself, I know that wasn't the case. Ana had already stopped talking before Joy started telling the story. Ana's an asshole.

• Love 1