Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 8/1/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Aug. 1 – Kal Penn (author, “You Can’t Be Serious”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Aug. 2 – Bob Odenkirk (“Better Call Saul”)

Wednesday, Aug. 3 – Elisabeth Hasselbeck guest co-hosts; Diego Luna (“Andor”)

Thursday, Aug. 4 – Jo Koy (“Easter Sunday”)

Friday, Aug. 5 – Kevin Bacon (“City on a Hill”); Take a rare view behind the scenes as season 25 draws to a close

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Seeing Kal Penn's name on Monday reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Stewie and Brian discuss Kal having a penpal in the California Penitentiary, ending with, "You've never heard of Kal Penn's penpal Ken in the Cal Penn?"

• LOL 8

When the show first started, I was about to roll my eyes so hard because it looked like they were about to make Will Smith their first topic again, lol. Thankfully, they gave the first segment to something that actually matters.

Pretty good discussion. Joy's right that McCarthy, McConnell, DeSantis, and so on are more focused on antagonizing veterans, women, LGBT, threatening to ban birth control, etc. than they are kitchen table issues, but they're seldom held to the same standard.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Joy's right that McCarthy, McConnell, DeSantis, and so on are more focused on antagonizing veterans, women, LGBT, threatening to ban birth control, etc. than they are kitchen table issues, but they're seldom held to the same standard

They focus on things that will fire up their base.  Fear is all they have to offer.  

• Applause 5
  • Love 11
On 7/29/2022 at 3:57 PM, jrollins289 said:

It would not surprise me if they formally annouce alyssa as new cohost on Monday I know they said later in August, but it would make sense if they did it next week. 

They just put a promo on thier twitter page saying they will accounce the new co host on Thursday 8/4. So most likely alyssa will make her co host debut on thursday 😕😕

• Useful 2

Joy was really enjoying herself today and she was really fired up annoying Whoopie with her constant interruptions lol. Only Joy could get away with doing that, if Sunny had done that Whoopie would have been fit to be tied.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Does Ana have investments in drag queen shows or appearances? It seemed odd how focused she was on that topic. It also sounded as though she was saying that there's some issue with parents who want to take their kids to drag queen shows. Perhaps I misunderstood because I was doing something else at the time, but I thought that the issue with drag queens wasn't that parents could take their kids to these shows, but that the drag queens came to the school as part of a book reading (or some other activity). The difference is that in one case the parents have a choice, and in the other case, there's no choice because the performers are coming to the school.

Again, with the Will Smith "apology". Does anyone other than Whoopi think that was "heartfelt"? Why does Ana not take Chris Rock's "victim" comment for what it is, instead of making it sound like Chris Rock is somehow at fault here? The only person who seemed to kind of understand the "victim" comment was Sara and even she glossed over the point. IMO the point of the comment was that there is a tendency lately for people to seek sympathy because they are so "victimized" even if they brought some of their problems on themselves. I think it definitely was a joke about Smith (who still hasn't offered a sincere apology).  There are real victims in this world, but I don't think Will Smith is one. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Does Ana have investments in drag queen shows or appearances? It seemed odd how focused she was on that topic. It also sounded as though she was saying that there's some issue with parents who want to take their kids to drag queen shows. Perhaps I misunderstood because I was doing something else at the time, but I thought that the issue with drag queens wasn't that parents could take their kids to these shows, but that the drag queens came to the school as part of a book reading (or some other activity). The difference is that in one case the parents have a choice, and in the other case, there's no choice because the performers are coming to the school.

No, drag queens are not going to schools for book readings. Some local libraries around the country have hosted drag queen storytimes, and parents choose to bring their kids to them. In Ana's case, I believe she's referring to a drag brunch spot in Miami that is being targeted by Ron DeSantis. Again, if parents choose to bring their kids to an all-ages drag show, it's their choice, not the government's. DeSantis is a huge hypocrite regarding parental rights. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, boochay8888 said:

My $.02 regarding the Will Smith apology. Chris Rock is under no obligation to accept any apology, especially one as insincere as the one given. My guess, within the next couple of weeks Will is going to announce some kind of project and is only offering the apology to garner favorable press. Chris Rock is not the bad guy here. I think the ladies forget that fact.

Will's movie Emancipation was supposed to be released this year and other offers are in limbo.  Conventional wisdom on various sites think the apology was to ease his work back into circulation as early as 2223. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
46 minutes ago, Mldyold said:

Conventional wisdom on various sites think the apology was to ease his work back into circulation as early as 2223. 

Wow, that’s a long grudge!  😄 (Sorry)

• LOL 7
11 hours ago, Rightside said:

So get ready for endless "when I was in the Trump admin" next season

And it will fit right in with every else's "tag line" such as Joy's "so what, who cares"....which btw she said several times today!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

And it will fit right in with every else's "tag line" such as Joy's "so what, who cares"....which btw she said several times today!

And Sonny's "I was a former federal prosecutor" and Whoopi's "Here's the thing..."

Does Sarah have a catchphrase?  I don't think so because the other ladies don't let her talk!😏

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Has Whoopi observed Sunny being a terrible mom or something because her comment during the segment where Sunny was talking about her daughter running in the junior Olympics (something along the lines of "I'm considering running away from this conversation") was just really rude.  I get that she might not care for Sunny that much but to make a shady comment when Sunny was obviously very proud of Paloma was just mean.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Snapdragon said:

I get that she might not care for Sunny that much but to make a shady comment when Sunny was obviously very proud of Paloma was just mean. 

I hope THIS isn't too snarky (but this IS supposed to be a snarky group).  Paloma Hostin beat "her personal best" in the 800 meter race, but we didn't hear if she beat any other runners.  If Paloma had come in even THIRD, we would have heard plenty.  Was she in any other events?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So…no show today?

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Yes, there was a show "out here" at their usual time - 9:00 a.m. Mountain.

I only asked because I hadn't seen any comments about today's show.

Maybe some stations are covering news* and delaying "The View"??

*U.S. Drone Strike Kills Ayman al-Zawahri, Top Qaeda Leader AND Primary Elections.

4 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

Has Whoopi observed Sunny being a terrible mom or something because her comment during the segment where Sunny was talking about her daughter running in the junior Olympics (something along the lines of "I'm considering running away from this conversation") was just really rude.  I get that she might not care for Sunny that much but to make a shady comment when Sunny was obviously very proud of Paloma was just mean.  

Nah, I think that was just Whoopi being Whoopi the Master of Transitions.

S: "Have any of you run before?"

J and S: "no"

W: "I'm on the verge of running right now. Well be right back."

<commercial break>

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4

During discussion of the man that got seven years in prison because of the January 6 insurrection, Sunny was very vocal about her feelings toward him and I believe she even expressed that he should have gotten 20+ years, as the prosecution had requested.

Yes we all agree...bad man, but my point is a different one:

Sunny was a prosecutor. She's all about making criminals pay. However, I remember years ago she made the comment that if, hypothetically, Gabriel ever called her because he killed somebody, she'd help him hide the body. I know this was said during a "fun and lively" segment years ago, but I do think it is how she truly feels. Hypocritical much? 

• Love 3

Does Elisabeth not know there are plenty of kids in orphanages and foster homes that no one is adopting?  She’s talking about hooking up people with unwanted pregnancies with people looking to adopt.  Where are those people for the kids that are already here?

I don’t think Sunny has said a word today.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

The Rabid Chipmunk aka Hasselblech is back spewing her garbage & I remember why I hated that little witch!!!

No offense, Sara, but what is it with the blondes on this show?!!! Does light hair automatically guarantee a rude, loud, shrill obnoxious woman for whom religion is like a tractor beam and she just can't look away, TALK about anything else or THINK about anything else?!!!

• Love 1

I'd forgotten Joy had an ectopic pregnancy at one time. I'm glad she brought it up today because, despite what Elisabeth would like to believe, women with ectopic pregancies will be affected by these abortion bans. It's too bad Whoopi felt restrained by the need to be polite because she's only there for one day, I'd have loved if Whoopi had felt free to say what she really thinks. Thankfully, the others don't feel that restrained going by this second segment.

This "correction" post-commercial with Joy, please... If it's an embryo and no longer an egg, and life begins at conception, then it would still be "murder" according to Elisabeth's logic. So, yes, it is relevant to the conversation she began--and it highlights what nonsense that kind of inflammatory language is.

Go Sara! I'm glad someone was there to give the other side as far as Christians go--not all of us Christians are like Elisabeth, with her judgmental spiel. And I loved Sunny bursting the bubble at the end of the topic, after the whole discussion had been about what the Bible says as if we're living in a theocratic state, by wondering why what the Bible says should have relevance to what the law is in a country where there's supposed to be freedom of religion.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Tammy12 said:

Is the timing of this appearance to remind us that tomorrow's host announcement could be worse? 😂

I just said this to my husband.  That's EXACTLY what this is.  Lol. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

not all of us Christians are like Elisabeth, with her judgmental spiel.

As much as I despised Meghan she rarely brought up religion. On the other hand Elisabeth would almost daily say "as a Christian".  That drove me up a wall.  

39 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She is insufferable. And now smug. 

And that was the other thing that drove me up a wall.  She was always so fucking smug.  As if she had any reason to be.  She was a reality show loser who married a bench warming QB.  I will always be convinced she was only hired because Geddie had the hots for her.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10