Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: The Tell

• Start Topic

(edited)

Well when Teddy said that he was going to fuck Oliver I didn't know that he had already done it. Do you think that Teddy knows that he is ....... I like where the writers are taking this.

Also regarding Cara - forgot her name on the show. She had the Son of Sam card in her purse later that night but I thought she was an innocent blonde earlier. Does that mean that Oliver was correct or did she just switch cards and lie about that too?

GN all.

Edited by sjankis630
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

She likely switched the cards and lied about it, so she’s still suspicious.

My goodness with this show and episode-ending bombshells. Poor Oliver.

Edited by twoods
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love 5

Nooooooo. Poor Oliver. Obviously something would come from the DNA test, but that sucks for them.

I took the Son of Sam card to mean she was the killer and stole a Beautiful Blonde card when one of the other players was eliminated.

I was confused by the changing outfits during the game. Why were they going back-and-forth between the 1970’s and present day? 

How can they live there thinking a killer is roaming the passageways, has access to their apartments, and is spying on them.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
53 minutes ago, sjankis630 said:

Well when Teddy said that he was going to fuck Oliver I didn't know that he had already done it. Do you think that Teddy knows that he is ....... I like where the writers are taking this.

Also regarding Cara - forgot her name on the show. She had the Son of Sam card in her purse later that night but I thought she was an innocent blonde earlier. Does that mean that Oliver was correct or did she just swipe the card?

GN all.

I think she had the Son of Sam card all along, and picked the other one up somehow as another lie.

Charles, really???  Jan tried to murder you…rather gleefully, I might add, and you’re giving her a minute of your time?  Or was that whole scene…hopefully…a dream/fantasy sequence?  (Except, he did visit her after that and take her the blueberry bagels.)

So Teddy is likely Will’s father?  Poor Oliver!  I had a feeling they were foreshadowing this with all of Oliver’s talk about family, and Will and Henry working on a family tree project.

Was the “Great.  Half of Ivan’s list is in Russian.”, after Mabel grabbed the ticket at the restaurant some sort of missed clue?  What was written in Russian there?

Edited by CraftyHazel
Second though.
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I figured there was going to be a paternity reveal when Oliver's son mentioned a DNA test (and who would take one of those for school?)  Plus, all the talk of blood and Oliver's grandson inherited the DNA. 

One thing that struck me as odd, though, is that Oliver called out Teddy's tell of being exceptionally quiet the night they flashed back too.  But there's no reason why that night should make Teddy more nervous.  Oliver's son looked to be sixish which would mean the affair had been going on years already. 

I didn't love this episode as much. It was still fun to watch.  I enjoyed being in the presence of these people.  I thought the 70s recreation and flashbacks were fun--good casting on young Oliver.  But I felt too much was telegraphed and spelled out. 

So I still found it enjoyable.  I just didn't find it as sharp.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 5
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Oliver called out Teddy's tell of being exceptionally quiet the night they flashed back too.  But there's no reason why that night should make Teddy more nervous.

I think Teddy was giving off his tell because he was nervous that he was the Son of Sam and didn't want to be found out.

I didn't realize how far Oliver and Teddy go back. They had the young Teddy hanging with Oliver back when they were teens.

• Love 2

All the talk of family got me suspicious and as soon as Will mentioned the ancestry test, I figured it was going to end with the reveal that Oliver wasn't his biological father.  Didn't see it being Teddy though.  I wonder if he at least suspects it, because that could explain part of his smugness over claiming he would find a way to "fuck Oliver."  Poor Oliver though.  I can understand his initial shock and reaction, but I do hope he continues to be there for Will and his grandson, because even if they don't share DNA, they really are a family now.

So, it looks like it is Alice's turn to be the prime suspect.  There are certainly a lot of red flags going on with her, but it could go either way, I guess.  Safe to say though that she is good at keeping secrets and even flat-out lying.  But I would have to see Mabel have her heart broken when this is all said and done.

Speaking of questionable relationships, Charles is really falling for Jan again?  Charles, buddy!  I get the physical aspects were apparently very good and I get that your lonely, but one would think the whole "Murder someone and try to kill you as well" thing might be a bit of a dealbreaker, pal.  Amy Ryan is having a ball with all of this.

Mabel might not agree with me, but I kind of want to hear more of Charles and Oliver explaining the Iran-Contra affair.  Hell, I'd watch a series of those two recapping the historical events they witnessed and lived through!

• Like 2
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, twoods said:

She likely switched the cards and lied about it, so she’s still suspicious.

Suspicious, but not the killer.

1 hour ago, Kiddvideo said:

I was confused by the changing outfits during the game. Why were they going back-and-forth between the 1970’s and present day?

It was a stylistic choice.  Oliver in his element, and it was the Son of Sam game.

2 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Mabel might not agree with me, but I kind of want to hear more of Charles and Oliver explaining the Iran-Contra affair.  Hell, I'd watch a series of those two recapping the historical events they witnessed and lived through!

With Mabel reacting, that's key.  The more we could get of these 3 together, the merrier.  SNL, let all 3 host an episode.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

Oh shit, poor Oliver. Not only is Will not his, but based on how old Will is in the flashback, the affair was likely going on for years. I wonder if Teddy knows he's Will's biological father.

I still don't trust Alice. She had the Son of Sam card in her bag, so she probably somehow swiped a "blonde" card from one of the other players when no one was looking. If she'll lie about her history, who knows what else she'll lie about. Even if she has nothing to do with the murder, I still think she has something to do with the painting.

Figures that whoever Bunny had lunch with was facing away from the security camera, but they are connected to the matchbook found in Mabel's apartment. Plus we now know how they got into Mabel's place. But did the killer really force Bunny into the secret passageway and up into Mabel's apartment, then stab her there? All to frame Mabel, I guess, but it seems like a lot of work.

Oh, Charles, no. Don't get sucked back into something with Jan!

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I thought that maybe Oliver was cheating at the Son of Sam game, they did show him doing all those fancy card tricks. It would be easy to palm the Son of Sam Killer Card and give it to the person you want to be the killer. Oliver might have been doing it to make everybody think that he is really clever or to see if anybody would notice that he is cheating.

I don't understand why Charles was punished and had to sit out when Mabel thought he was the Son of Sam Killer, it seems like Mabel should have also been punished for guessing wrong.

I was going to call out Mabel for having furniture in her apartment during the party, but she didn't, a lot of the guests were sitting on the floor. I also thought Mabel didn't have any walls, so I am surprised that Alice went somewhere that the other guests couldn't see her.

1 hour ago, Kiddvideo said:

Mabel's apartment doesn't have any furniture or fancy furnishings, even the walls are unfinished, visually boring from a TV standpoint. This is all Oliver, the stage director, living inside of his head. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, sjankis630 said:

So true. My far fetched idea is that Teddy has some connection to the school and called them to assign the DNA project to the students knowing that it would confirm that he was Will's dad.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Oliver and Mabel distrusted Jan, or rather, disliked her, until she got stabbed. She went to that extreme to take suspicion off of her. It's possible that Alice is the killer, even with the big "accusation and denial" scene.  

Poor Oliver, if the DNA test is true. And judging by the looks passing between Oliver's wife and Teddy in the flashback, well, it sure seems that way. Loved how the show took us back to Oliver's college days and Teddy was right there with him. The depth in this show! 

Okay, I stayed up late, watched episode 5, and now I have to wait a whole 7 days for the next episode. Wah!

• Like 5
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I figured there was going to be a paternity reveal when Oliver's son mentioned a DNA test (and who would take one of those for school?)  Plus, all the talk of blood and Oliver's grandson inherited the DNA. 

Oliver loves Dimas dip because he survived on it... Does Will love it? That would be the tell...

• Like 1
6 hours ago, phalange said:

Figures that whoever Bunny had lunch with was facing away from the security camera, but they are connected to the matchbook found in Mabel's apartment. Plus we now know how they got into Mabel's place. But did the killer really force Bunny into the secret passageway and up into Mabel's apartment, then stab her there? All to frame Mabel, I guess, but it seems like a lot of work.

Not necessarily. The killer just had to "walk" Bunny across the hall into Mabel's apartment, kill Bunny, then exit via the passageway.

5 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I thought that maybe Oliver was cheating at the Son of Sam game, they did show him doing all those fancy card tricks.

Oooo. Good point! Maybe Oliver deliberately gave Alice the Son of Sam card.

1 hour ago, grandmabegum said:

My far fetched idea is that Teddy has some connection to the school and called them to assign the DNA project to the students knowing that it would confirm that he was Will's dad.

That's a pretty dark theory for this show, but then again, Teddy was even darker and threatening last episode.
But I would prefer that Teddy also somehow intercepted Will's DNA test and altered to appear to be half Greek. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

But I would prefer that Teddy also somehow intercepted Will's DNA test and altered to appear to be half Greek. 

Yeah, rewatching it's a Science Fair project, so it was Will and Henry's choice. So Teddy would have somehow planted the seed to choose DNA. (Pun 1OO% intended], then tampered with the results. He couldn't mess with the actual sample as it had the mom's DNA.

Or Oliver is actually Greek and that's why he loves them dips.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

Huh. Could someone whispering/mumbling "secret passage" sound like "fourteen Savage"? I have terrible auditory processing, and I'm going back and forth on if "secret" could really be mistaken for "fourteen."

It does look like Alice/Delevingne is the prime suspect at the moment. Jan was pretty obvious last season but I (and, IIRC, a lot of people) thought she was a red herring because it was underwhelming that the murderer would be that obvious so early in the season (and we're already halfway through this season). I think this show's "surprises" tend to revolve around everything else happening in the building rather than the actual murder case, but Alice would be so underwhelming in her obviousness.

I will say, though, that when Jan asked Charles, "Is someone staying close to you?" I immediately thought of Lucy. I think the show cutting straight to Alice is a misdirect (and hopefully not a giant anvil). ...and was Bunny's "14 Savage" possibly referring to Lucy?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
19 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Maybe Teddy's dad and Oliver's mom knocked boots back in the day?

Only Game Of Thrones In The Building.... Charles & Bunny are semi-siblings....as are Teddy & Oliver???

Alice is working for Jan... Iran-Contra was mentioned for a reason....

• LOL 3
(edited)

All of this talk of parents and family made me worried about that DNA test right away, poor Oliver. Those looks between Teddy and Oliver's wife certainly looked like they had something to hide, but it would be wild if it actually turned out that Oliver really is Will's biological father and Oliver and Teddy are the ones actually related. Long lost brothers? They certainly seem to go way back. 

Another great episode, more clues are being dropped every week, we just have to separate the red herrings from the real leads. I loved the flashbacks to Oliver in his element back in the 70s and then him breaking out the Son of Sam game again now, with everyone being in 70s attire as they play until he starts to accuse Alice. Mabel looked great in her 70s sparkles and the use of Psycho Killer was perfect, both because its a total jam, and because the song got big at the same time as Son of Sam was terrorizing New York, forever linking the serial killer with the song, with several people at the time talking about the creepy coincidence, basically giving Son of Sam a theme song during his rampage.

Its Alice's turn to take the accusation spotlight, understandably as she's been my number one suspect since we met her, and while she seems to have been passed over for now, that Son of Sam card she hid sure does seem suspicious. The person Bunny was talking with looked like a man from the back, but it could possibly been a woman wearing a bulky coat. 

Don't listen to her Mabel, your sweaters are adorable. Also, don't listen to Jan, Charles, you might be lonely but loneliness is better than Jan. She tried to murder you! No matter hoe well she plays the bassoon! 

If they get tired of their murder podcast, the gang should consider a podcast where Charles and Oliver talk about world events they remember while Mabel reacts. "It was worse than Watergate, but less interesting."

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 3
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Also, don't listen to Jan, Charles, you might be lonely but loneliness is better than Jan. She tried to murder you! No matter hoe well she plays the bassoon! 

I'm hardcore trying to convince myself that Charles firmly believes Jan knows something and it playing along with her fantasy relationship to get her to give him information. Things are gonna get ugly if she asks for a conjugal visit.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

On second thought ...what if the killer is Marv (Mark?), the fan who cleans mold out of the Arconia using the not-secret passages? He told Bunny he didn't trust women in positions of power, and she refused to let him sell podcast merchandise in the courtyard (early in 2x3, before she met with the matchbook-taking presumed-killer at the restaurant). A fan who is monetizing merchandise would want the podcast to continue, which would be in line with Nina's goals to monetize the Arconia and do away with old bylaws. And he obviously knows how to navigate the passageways and would have "inside" knowledge from possible spying.

Super strange the fans were at the restaurant in this episode, right?

Edited by dovegrey
Added some clarity to the speculation + strikethroughing an inaccurate statement
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, dovegrey said:

On second thought ...what if the killer is Marv (Mark?), the fan who cleans mold out of the Arconia using the not-secret passages? He told Bunny he didn't trust women in positions of power, and she refused to let him sell podcast merchandise in the courtyard (early in 2x3, before she met with the matchbook-taking presumed-killer at the restaurant). A fan who is monetizing merchandise would want the podcast to continue.

Super strange the fans were at the restaurant in this episode, right?

One of the reviewers I read also has Marv on his suspect list, mostly because we found out he has, or has had, access to the Arconia.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
Just now, cardigirl said:

One of the reviewers I read also has Marv on his suspect list, mostly because we found out he has, or has had, access to the Arconia.

He looked pretty upset/indignant in 2x3 after Bunny told him off. And a camera shot lingered on him after Bunny walked away. Maybe...

• Fire 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, dovegrey said:

On second thought ...what if the killer is Marv (Mark?), the fan who cleans mold out of the Arconia using the not-secret passages? He told Bunny he didn't trust women in positions of power, and she refused to let him sell podcast merchandise in the courtyard (early in 2x3, before she met with the matchbook-taking presumed-killer at the restaurant).

I could be wrong, but I think the timeline is messed up. She meets with the mystery dinner the day before her death and the courtyard confrontation happens the day of her death.

Not ruling him out cause he could have been arguing with Bunny about something else and the courtyard pushed him over teh edge.

Edited by grandmabegum
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, grandmabegum said:

I could be wrong, but I think the timeline is messed up. She meets with the mystery dinner the day before her death and the courtyard confrontation happens the day of her death.

Not ruling him out cause he could have been arguing with Bunny about something else and the courtyard pushed him over teh edge.

Ah, no, you're right. I remembered the diner scene with her, Ivan, and Oliver/Will coming after the courtyard and completely spaced that she met with Matchbook the day before. Bah.

But since Marv said he did mold removal for the building in this episode, he and Bunny must have known each other in at least a business capacity. Maybe they met about his work, and then Marv was enraged that Bunny outright dismissed him as if she didn't even know him the next day.

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, dovegrey said:

But since Marv said he did mold removal for the building in this episode, he and Bunny must have known each other in at least a business capacity. Maybe they met about his work, and then Marv was enraged that Bunny outright dismissed him as if she didn't even know him the next day.

Absolutely. He could have come to her about a raise or something and gets angry when she won't let him sell the merch for some extra income. Or she could have brushed him off about something and told him to take it up with Nina.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

When the camera zoomed in for us to see the crumpled Son of Sam card in Alice's bag, I was so sure it was going to be a matchbook like the one found in the passage to Mabel's apartment. 
But it wasn't.
Still. That was a pointed zoom into her bag at the Son of Sam card.👀
And now Alice has admitted to not really having an art background and being a pants-on-fire lying liar.
So maybe:

1. Alice has lunch with Bunny to discuss buying the painting, but Bunny says no, perhaps because Bunny sold the original long ago (perhaps with a forgery included in the price?) to cover her expenses, but Bunny doesn't tell Alice it's a fake.
  2. Next day Alice comes to Bunny's apartment to try again to get the painting and stabs Bunny when things go wrong (not sure about the details here)
  3. Bunny tries to get to help in Mabel's apartment
  4. Alice follows her into Mabel's apartment
  5. More stabbing
  6. Bunny knocks the knife away, and Alice grabs a knitting needle and stabs again
  7. Alice hears Mabel coming back and hides in the grate (with the knife),
    discovering it's a secret passage and escapes
  8. Lucy hears/sees enough of this to text Charles to get out of the building.

Or, it could be Marv.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

And now Alice has admitted to not really having an art background and being a pants-on-fire lying liar.

1. Lucy hears/sees enough of this to text Charles to get out of the building.

Alice reminds me of Anna Delvey LOL. Just cooler, kinda. I hope it's not her. It's been obvious since the first episode.

It couldn't be Lucy who texted, as Lucy wouldn't have been an unknown number on Charles' phone, and she wouldn't have had Oliver's number. For Charles, the text would have come up "Lucy." Unless she has a burner phone.

They wouldn't have the fans' phone numbers as contacts, though (probably)... But, really, that text and the immediate SWAT response is still a big mystery to me. Who sends a full SWAT team for a stabbing?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Still. That was a pointed zoom into her bag at the Son of Sam card.👀

This just makes me curious cause there's a theory that she and Mabel switched cards. But what if she just happened to get her hands on a blonde card another way. This would mean that she was lying to Mabel again. Perhaps Alice was hired by someone (looking at you Cinda] to break up the podcast crew?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, dovegrey said:

It couldn't be Lucy who texted, as Lucy wouldn't have been an unknown number on Charles' phone, and she wouldn't have had Oliver's number. For Charles, the text would have come up "Lucy." Unless she has a burner phone

Maybe Alice dropped her phone while escaping and Lucy used hers?  
But then how would she know Oliver’s number? 
🤔

12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Yeah, no school would order it. They know this happens. Plus, they're expensive.

12 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

So, it looks like it is Alice's turn to be the prime suspect.  There are certainly a lot of red flags going on with her, but it could go either way, I guess.  Safe to say though that she is good at keeping secrets and even flat-out lying.  But I would have to see Mabel have her heart broken when this is all said and done.

Speaking of questionable relationships, Charles is really falling for Jan again?  Charles, buddy!  I get the physical aspects were apparently very good and I get that your lonely, but one would think the whole "Murder someone and try to kill you as well" thing might be a bit of a dealbreaker, pal.  Amy Ryan is having a ball with all of this.

The "speaking of" is maybe the point there, if both Mabel and Oliver are drawn to people they shouldn't trust despite having trust issues. They can probably see the danger with each other but think they themselves will be fine.

4 hours ago, dovegrey said:

I will say, though, that when Jan asked Charles, "Is someone staying close to you?" I immediately thought of Lucy. I think the show cutting straight to Alice is a misdirect (and hopefully not a giant anvil). ...and was Bunny's "14 Savage" possibly referring to Lucy?

Or Emma. Lucy has been relatively open about being there for some unknown reason, but part of it seems to be that she's worried about Charles. We also have a real flashback of her making a video when someone, presumably the murderer or at least someone involved, stumbled into the passageway and didn't see her there. And she heard shouting. I don't think Lucy is meant to be a sociopath who could fake the scenes she's had with Charles while secretly setting them all up and murdering Bunny.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, sjankis630 said:

Also regarding Cara - forgot her name on the show. She had the Son of Sam card in her purse later that night but I thought she was an innocent blonde earlier. Does that mean that Oliver was correct or did she just switch cards and lie about that too?

I don't recall ever actually seeing her card at all.  It's really a pretty good misdirect.  Oliver pegged her as Son of Sam (and exposed her as not what she seems), so she admits to her made up background and when she was done, everyone has forgotten about the game.  This sort of furthers my theory that Alice is involved in some sort of art fraud possibly connected to Rose Cooper, but I'm still not sure about her being the killer.

"Iran-Contra, it's more important than Watergate, just not as interesting"  Only this should could make a debate about Iran Contra funny.  And Mabel considers Oliver's love of dip a crime against nutrition.  What did Teddy say, about one day Oliver will reach into the dip and come out with a handful of fuck? I think the day has arrived.  I wonder if Teddy knows that Will is his?

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, ajsnaves said:

Whose apartment did Ivan leave the money filled envelope outside of?

Presumably Ivan was leaving it at Bunny's, right?
If so, her apartment was diagonally across from Oliver, which means Oliver, Bunny, and Mabel were on the same floor. 
But I may be wrong.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Presumably Ivan was leaving it at Bunny's, right?
If so, her apartment was diagonally across from Oliver, which means Oliver, Bunny, and Mabel were on the same floor. 
But I may be wrong.

Oliver lives on 10. Mabel and Bunny live(d) on 12. Was Oliver at Mabel’s when it happened? Edited to Wonder: why put it under a dead person’s door?

Edited by dovegrey
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Lugal said:

I don't recall ever actually seeing her card at all.

You could see she had the Son of Sam one when there were three people left:

Capture.PNG.e1ae4322de4108e1e340bb068a8b9b28.PNG

But at the end she shoved a Blonde at Oliver.

Capture.PNG.e06a66016a13040edf8a298d08451658.PNG

Here's what the back of the cards looks like, so hers was definitely Son of Sam turned around to face the screen (I assume on purpose). Not sure when she made the switch/where she was hiding the Blonde card. People on Reddit think Mabel switched cards with her last-minute, and I rewatched a few times and saw one point where she possibly could have, but I don't think she actually did.

Capture.PNG.486f2eb6607e860427b50ab51fba2db4.PNG

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
24 minutes ago, Cranberry said:

You could see she had the Son of Sam one when there were three people left:

Capture.PNG.e1ae4322de4108e1e340bb068a8b9b28.PNG

But at the end she shoved a Blonde at Oliver.

Capture.PNG.e06a66016a13040edf8a298d08451658.PNG

Here's what the back of the cards looks like, so hers was definitely Son of Sam turned around to face the screen (I assume on purpose). Not sure when she made the switch/where she was hiding the Blonde card. People on Reddit think Mabel switched cards with her last-minute, and I rewatched a few times and saw one point where she possibly could have, but I don't think she actually did.

Capture.PNG.486f2eb6607e860427b50ab51fba2db4.PNG

Interesting, I need to re-watch.  But she if any good at slight of hand, she could have just taken two cards knowing that only one of them would be the Son of Sam.

• Love 4

Oliver handed out the cards; he didn't let anyone draw their own! It did look like he pulled Alice's from the bottom of the deck and everyone else's from the top. He even hands her the card using his left hand, while he hands everyone else their card with his right hand.

• Useful 12
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Lugal said:

Interesting, I need to re-watch.  But she if any good at slight of hand, she could have just taken two cards knowing that only one of them would be the Son of Sam.

I assume she had to grab it from a killed player. In order to make sure someone gets the Son of Sam card you would have to match the number of cards to the number of players, not deal from the whole deck. So if she drew 2 Oliver would have known.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dovegrey said:

Oliver lives on 10. Mabel and Bunny live(d) on 12. Was Oliver at Mabel’s when it happened?

I'm pretty sure Oliver was leaving Mabel's apartment after the party when he saw Ivan put the money back under Bunny's door.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I don't understand why Charles was punished and had to sit out when Mabel thought he was the Son of Sam Killer, it seems like Mabel should have also been punished for guessing wrong.

The basic premise of the game is to have the killer and everyone else. The killer chooses a victim during the "blackout," then everyone votes on who it could be going with majority vote. If they pick the killer, the game is over and the killer loses. If they're wrong, the person voted is out. And you keep playing rounds, until either you pick the killer or the killer is the last one standing.

There's different versions, Mafia is a popular one where there's other roles like doctor or detective. During the "overnight" portion where the narrator has the killer secretly pick a victim, they can have the doctor pick one person to save, and the detective gets to pick one person they think is the killer while the narrator confirms or denies. This would give the detective the chance to sway everyone else one way or another during the vote.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

I took the Son of Sam card to mean she was the killer and stole a Beautiful Blonde card when one of the other players was eliminated.

I didn't think that was too smart because Mabel knew she wasn't the Son of Sam herself, so she had to play the whole room to deflect. 

11 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

"It was worse than Watergate, but less interesting."

I don't know who came up with that line, but it's absolutely brilliant. 

I never heard of that game, and it sounds absolutely amazing. Why don't people have parties like the 70s anymore? Even the "present day 70s" were so much fun. 

I don't think Alice is the killer, but knowing something about the painting might be in play. 
I also don't think Oliver planted the card because of the v/o with the son. And Alice did have the tell which Mabel confirmed. 

• Love 2

This has been my least favorite episode this season.  One, there was a lot of Alice, which isn't good because Cara D is a terrible actress and the character is just annoying.  I'm kinda hoping that she's not the murderer and instead gets killed off very soon.  Two, the second they showed Will putting together the family tree while narrating about how sometimes people have secrets they don't even know about, I knew it was going to turn out that he wasn't Oliver's son.  They weren't subtle about it at all, which is pretty bad writing since that was supposed to be the big reveal at the end of the episode.  Three, Jan and Charles.  Just..why? 

Hopefully next week is better.  

• Like 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
20 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Not verbatim, but what I remember is Oliver gave some explanation about how he was stuck under a bridge surround by vigilantes. It. was. odd.

Edited by grandmabegum