Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: Great Ex-pectations

• Start Topic

After a tumultuous year, the Charleston crew is back and ready for a fresh start. Kathryn throws herself a 30th birthday party to celebrate another decade and a clean slate with a new man by her side, but not everyone in the group is ready to accept her olive branch. As Shep and Taylor continue to play house, Austen is ready to move on from Madison with a new love interest. Craig focuses on his thriving pillow empire and exclusive relationship from the summer, but a former flame might cause his life to unravel.

Original air date 2022.06.23

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

I went onto bravotv.com and you can watch the first 5 minutes of season 1. There is also another clip about 2 minutes with Kathryn and Naomi. 

I watched it with both sound on and sound off. It’s better without sound. Kathryn’s lipstick … 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

I just watched the Kathryn/Naomie clip from the premiere. When hasn't Kathryn blamed everything on hard times in her life? That's no excuse for starting terrible rumors and trying to bring others down because she feels so terrible about herself (and needs the Bravo paycheck). Nice freakin Juul. I used to feel bad for her but not anymore. Run Chleb. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
On 6/22/2022 at 11:02 AM, Thisgirllovespasta said:

Yes!!! The bottom of her face was so stained from her lipstick. Wonder what she was doing,,,, 🤣

Yes! And with all the money these Southern Charmers have, why can't Katherine afford smudge proof, stain proof, bj proof lipstick. Did she buy it at Dollar General?

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

Is Kathryn drinking again?  

She really looks like a hot mess!!!  Can't ANYONE in the friggin' room tell her about that lipstick smeared all over her face?  Not even her boyfriend?  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don’t recall Naomie and Craig having some great love of the ages, like Naomie was saying. They never even seemed to get along. 

Kathryn is pathetic. 

Edited by MinorL
  • Love 23
(edited)

I’m confused. Madison LeCroy is now with John Pringle? When did Madison break up with former baseball player, Alex Rodriguez? Austen Kroll is now with newcomer, Olivia Flowers? Shep Rose is with newcomer, Taylor Green? Craig Conover appears to be with both Naomie Olindo and Paige DeSorbo. Kathryn Dennis is with newcomer, Chleb Ravenall? Don’t be shocked if Ciara Miller(Summer House) appears on this show just for more drama. I’m just trying to put together a roster of this drama spectacle.

Edited by APK
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Chleb seems like a nice guy.  Kathryn looked good at the beginning and I had hopes for her,  but at the end her makeup was all smeared.  (And yes, someone should have told her.). I’m still not sure what set her off, but I do recall some argument — with Naomi?

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
(edited)
40 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

She really looks like a hot mess!!!  Can't ANYONE in the friggin' room tell her about that lipstick smeared all over her face?  Not even her boyfriend?  

She sure sounds...medicated.

She lost custody of her children. Thomas made a lot of allegations (which is unusually rich for a fella with a drug conviction) but among them were claims of neglect.

Also, not really a spoiler but 

Spoiler

the boyfriend wised up and split.

31 minutes ago, MinorL said:

I don’t recall Naomie and Craig having some great love of the ages, like Naomie was saying. They never even seemed to get along. 

They were really loved up at the beginning during her first appearances. I think this may have been bc they started long-distance (I also think Naomie really, really liked the opportunity to be on TV). But that second season they were unbearable to watch. Craig started acting like an idiot to everyone, and he'd just jump on Naomie any time she voiced any kind of objection. But at the same time Naomie was addressing him with complete disgust.

I think it's a lot of physical attraction, but I also think Craig was way more into Naomie than Paige. 

Edited by chick binewski
  • Like 2
  • Love 10
(edited)
46 minutes ago, APK said:

I hope Naomie stops the cosmetic surgery. She’s beginning to loose her natural good looks.

It’s almost like Jennifer Grey where her face is unrecognizable. Naomie always complained about Craig’s lack of ambition so of course now that he is successful and her doctor beau turned out to be a cheater she is suddenly interested again.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 1
  • Love 22

Metul, the tool, cheated on Naomi so she runs back home with her tail between her legs, and all of a sudden she finds Craig so attractive and great?  Really, girl.  She showed such disdain for Craig, and thought she wouldn't EVER get better than Metul.  Too bad, so sad but I don't feel sorry for her.   I'm glad that Craig moved on from her, I always thought he was more into her than the other way around and she was a real shrew.

I guess Katherine's big hopes and dreams of starting off a new decade with love and good will toward men, got busted all to hell by her mean drunk behavior.  She's determined to sabotage herself every chance she gets.  Yeah, Caleb is too good for her.

It was funny how Whitney poured the vodka on the floor to sanitize it and then took a big slug from the bottle.  He should let the dogs stay longer outside, he can't shit on demand and neither can they.  He was funny though. 

• Like 4
  • Love 18
43 minutes ago, Babyfoot said:

Thanks for this.  I obviously don’t pay enough attention, as he explained what the fight was all about! (Fights make me anxious!  And yet I watch so many of these Bravo shows …).   I also learned that Katherine’s boyfriend’s name is pronounced Caleb even though it’s spelled Chleb or Chelb  or something like that.

• Love 6

Austen is such a loser.

Shep is still the same loser who will always live off his family’s money. Him thinking Craig is acting like he’s hot shit with success is funny because Shep will prob never have any success. I mean do I wish my family was rich? Probably lol.

Who cares if Craig hooked up with Naomi in Vegas. If he wasn’t exclusive with Paige and was honest with Paige and now he’s decided to be exclusive with Paige why should it be a problem. 

Austen and Madison? Austen and Olivia? Austen and anyone? Who fucking cares lol. Austen is such trash.

Craig over Shep and Austen any day lol.

Kathryn continues to be total trash. I doubt she was only drunk. Bitch was on something else. She should be embarrassed of herself.

Leva was being annoying.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

I also thought Kathryn Dennis was older than 30 years of age. Kathryn will be 31 years of age in August of 2022. Thomas Ravenel will be 60 years of age in August of 2022. I had no idea Thomas and Kathryn’s relationship was arranged, however that appears to be the situation. Why would any girl want to date such an older guy? I can understand a 6 to 8 year age gap but 29! That’s just strange.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Shannah Banana said:

Metul, the tool, cheated on Naomi so she runs back home with her tail between her legs, and all of a sudden she finds Craig so attractive and great?  Really, girl.  She showed such disdain for Craig, and thought she wouldn't EVER get better than Metul.  Too bad, so sad but I don't feel sorry for her.   I'm glad that Craig moved on from her, I always thought he was more into her than the other way around and she was a real shrew.

I guess Katherine's big hopes and dreams of starting off a new decade with love and good will toward men, got busted all to hell by her mean drunk behavior.  She's determined to sabotage herself every chance she gets.  Yeah, Caleb is too good for her.

It was funny how Whitney poured the vodka on the floor to sanitize it and then took a big slug from the bottle.  He should let the dogs stay longer outside, he can't shit on demand and neither can they.  He was funny though. 

Did Whitney put the shit in the kitchen trash can?  That’s gonna smell.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Did Whitney put the shit in the kitchen trash can?  That’s gonna smell.

Yes. We can tell Whitney hasn’t got the first clue about keeping a clean home. That was terrible news concerning(butler) Michael. I hope Michael makes progress recovering from his stroke, however his age may set his recovery time back.

• Sad 3
  • Love 18

I forgot this was on until it was 1/2 over. Kathryn comes to her party trashed and barely able to speak. She was either drunk or heavily medicated or both.  Bravo throws her a birthday party and then she storms out leaving her  guests confused. Nothing has changed with Kathryn. She is a washed up pathetic person at 30.   Caleb seems like a nice man. I hope he doesn't waste too much time on Kathryn. He kept giving her looks like WTF is wrong with you. Oh Caleb you will find out. 

Shep is still jealous of Craig. 

I don't know what Naomi has done to her face. I almost didn't recognize her at first.  

• Like 5
  • Love 15
(edited)

Not entirely hopeful here.  Everyone seems worse.

I initially thought that scene with Kathryn losing her damned mind had to be fake.  No one can be that crazy and completely ignorant of how they look doing the same thing over and over.  Or she just knows what's expected and collecting the checks?  Also, WhoTF has custody of her kids now?  (EDIT: I guess Thomas - yikes)  And that poor boyfriend dude (I guess they are now broken up).  She must be some kind of seriously AWESOME lay, or something.  More sympathetically, she started on the show at what, 19?  Reality TV probably ruined this poor girl's life and brain.

I don't know what's up with Craig and Naomi, but Bravo seems to be trying to turn it into a thing which I really don't think it is.  Paige's previewed "don't hang out with an ex" also seemed pretty half-hearted and scripted.  I'm always hoping for healthy, normal breakups.  Craig's always walking a line between normal and gross, and just being around the other dudes makes him gross, even when he's hating on them.

Whitney is just an unbelievable piece of garbage.  Everyone can love up on Patricia all they want, but a lot of that's gotta be on her. 

The quartet of Shep, Austin, Pringle, and Whitney is just a cavalcade of mediocre white men failing upwards.

New characters were new, and uninteresting so far, although it's early.

I really miss Cameron and Chelsea.

I wonder if BRAVO has ever considered a reality show with friends who actually liked each other?

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 3
  • Love 10

I tuned in for a few minutes  and I honestly don’t think I have the amount of energy it would take to make myself watch another season.   I dislike Katherine, Craig and Shep so much….i find nothing entertaining about them.  I may just come here and read the updates.  

• Love 6

Good on Craig for recognizing Shep & Austen are more frenemies/co-workers than actual friends. Shep's never been supportive and Austen is like a black cloud. 

Happy to see Pringle back, did I miss that he was dating Madison?  I thought they arrived separately?

Oh Kathryn, I really wish she would stop burning every single bridge. And get a stylist.

I hoped that the cast (more than just Shep & Kathryn) would remember how nasty Naomi was on the way out and not quickly welcome her back with open arms. Oh, and she must've used the same plastic surgeon as Gia Giudice, they have the same nose.

naomi.png

gia2.png

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, APK said:

I’m confused. Madison LeCroy is now with John Pringle? When did Madison break up with former baseball player, Alex Rodriguez? Austen Kroll is now with newcomer, Olivia Flowers? Shep Rose is with newcomer, Taylor Green? Craig Conover appears to be with both Naomie Olindo and Paige DeSorbo. Kathryn Dennis is with newcomer, Chleb Ravenall? Don’t be shocked if Ciara Miller(Summer House) appears on this show just for more drama. I’m just trying to put together a roster of this drama spectacle.

I’m also confused.  Did I miss something?  Last I saw Madison and Austin were in love.  Now, why was Austin crying in one scene about Madison?  Was there a break- up and when?

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 2

I love that this show is back.  So, now that Naomi was cheated on, I hope Craig will not take her back and has learned his lesson.  I also love that he made it big with his new store and career.  Katherine is still Katherine.  She over did it with all the facial work for her age.  Just because you have the money, doesn’t mean you should get your face chopped up.  Why didn’t Cameron come back?  I know the media was disgusted of her whining about taking care of the baby, like it was such a hardship.  Dani looks like she needs a good meal and some therapy.  Loved the boys on Watch what Crappens with Andy.  They all love being in New York City.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I’m also confused.  Did I miss something?  Last I saw Madison and Austin were in love.  Now, why was Austin crying in one scene about Madison?  Was there a break- up and when?

Drama, drama and more drama. Craig owns a clothing store and law practice, while Naomie owns a restaurant. Shep Rose and the other members of the cast live off their inheritance and Bravo TV money. How in the world would the majority of these people maintain professional employment away from this TV show?

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I love that this show is back.  So, now that Naomi was cheated on, I hope Craig will not take her back and has learned his lesson.  I also love that he made it big with his new store and career.  Katherine is still Katherine.  She over did it with all the facial work for her age.  Just because you have the money, doesn’t mean you should get your face chopped up.  Why didn’t Cameron come back?  I know the media was disgusted of her whining about taking care of the baby, like it was such a hardship.  Dani looks like she needs a good meal and some therapy.  Loved the boys on Watch what Crappens with Andy.  They all love being in New York City.

I believe Kathryn started a nasty rumor about Cameran’s husband being a cheater. That could be the reason Cameran elected to depart the show. I agree. Cameran hasn’t really embraced motherhood and maybe she wants a divorce. Cameran is at least 9 years younger than her husband.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Lassus said:

I initially thought that scene with Kathryn losing her damned mind had to be fake.  No one can be that crazy and completely ignorant of how they look doing the same thing over and over.  Or she just knows what's expected and collecting the checks?  Also, WhoTF has custody of her kids now?  (EDIT: I guess Thomas - yikes)  And that poor boyfriend dude (I guess they are now broken up).  She must be some kind of seriously AWESOME lay, or something.  More sympathetically, she started on the show at what, 19?  Reality TV probably ruined this poor girl's life and brain.

I don't know what's up with Craig and Naomi, but Bravo seems to be trying to turn it into a thing which I really don't think it is.  Paige's previewed "don't hang out with an ex" also seemed pretty half-hearted and scripted.  I'm always hoping for healthy, normal breakups.  Craig's always walking a line between normal and gross, and just being around the other dudes makes him gross, even when he's hating on them.

Whitney is just an unbelievable piece of garbage.  Everyone can love up on Patricia all they want, but a lot of that's gotta be on her. 

The quartet of Shep, Austin, Pringle, and Whitney is just a cavalcade of mediocre white men failing upwards.

I wonder if BRAVO has ever considered a reality show with friends who actually liked each other?

I think this actually started that way. It was one if the things I liked about it. Except Kayhryn, of course, she wasn't a friend, but the original cast seemed like they really were.

Edited by chlban
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

They were vile to each other at the reunion, and the last couple of episodes of last season, which I watched yesterday before the Premiere. Madison is a nasty piece of work but Austen is a complete waste of space. Chelsea lost me when she started seeing him. I get that Craig is really handsome and Shep has significant family money, but Austen? Why?

Edited by chlban
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, chlban said:

They were vile to each other at the reunion, and the last couple of episodes of last season, which I watched yesterday before the Premiere. 

I believe these people only associate with each other when filming this show or crossover appearances on other shows. Guys! Put your socks on! At the reunion; most of them were wearing dress shoes and no socks. I believe that looks trashy.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lassus said:

1 hour ago, snarts said:

Good on Craig for recognizing Shep & Austen are more frenemies/co-workers than actual friends. Shep's never been supportive and Austen is like a black cloud. 

Happy to see Pringle back, did I miss that he was dating Madison?  I thought they arrived separately?

Oh Kathryn, I really wish she would stop burning every single bridge. And get a stylist.

I hoped that the cast (more than just Shep & Kathryn) would remember how nasty Naomi was on the way out and not quickly welcome her back with open arms. Oh, and she must've used the same plastic surgeon as Gia Giudice, they have the same nose.

8 minutes ago, APK said:

I believe Kathryn started a nasty rumor about Cameran’s husband being a cheater. That could be the reason Cameran elected to depart the show. I agree. Cameran hasn’t really embraced motherhood and maybe she wants a divorce. Cameran is at least 9 years younger than her husband.

I do think the show is missing Cameran as the narrator. I know shes vilified in some groups but I thought she was the one person who was completely candid rather than gossip-y about Kathryn - she clearly stated Kathryn brought undeserved chaos to every event and she didnt want to be a part of it. And she did warm up to her when Kathryn showed some restraint during S5 & 6. Kathryn paid her back by repeating the affair rumor after Cameran left the show. Cameran's also doing well with her career and seems fairly protective of her husband, imo.

Pringle is not dating Madison - she's engaged to some dude named Brett. Pringle was demoted and seemed to be standing around the party looking for someone to talk to. 

I find Craig pretty much on the same level as Shep & Austen. They're all a bunch of dirty stay-outs who continue to inexplicably find women to sleep with them, then they drink more and pick on each other. Craig has actually said out loud that he is the Golden Boy of Bravo. 

I do think there is something between Naomie & Craig, but Naomie hurt Craig's ego, Naomie wants to be on TV, and Craig didn't want to be exclusive with Paige until he realized it would get him on three different Bravo shows.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, njbchlover said:

She was clearly altered.

• Sad 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Some may want to watch/re-watch last season. Austen/Madison broke up and we had to watch the ensuing drama play out all season. Cameran (& Chelsea) weren't in it, as they both left after season 6.

1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Dani looks like she needs a good meal and some therapy. 

Danni?  Was she at the party & I missed her?  Thought I read she also left the show after last season, and she's no longer listed as a cast member.  Also, Marcie Hobbs????

Edited by snarts
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, Marley said:

Sorry not trying to be mean but I thought Kathryn was way past 30 years old.

She plays to mid-forties.  I was also surprised that She(m)p was only 42.  Seems a looong 9 years.

5 minutes ago, snarts said:

Some may want to watch/re-watch last season. Austen/Madison broke up and we had to watch the ensuing drama play out all season. Cameran (& Chelsea) weren't in it, as they both left after season 6.

Danni?  Was she at the party & I missed her?  Thought I read she also left the show after last season, and she's no longer listed as a cast member.  Also, Marcie Hobbs????

Dani is painfully thin.  Looks like The Great Katsby lost about 40lbs between filming scenes and filming sit-downs.  Adderallaboutthetown.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, APK said:

I believe these people only associate with each other when filming this show or crossover appearances on other shows. Guys! Put your socks on! At the reunion; most of them were wearing dress shoes and no socks. I believe that looks trashy.

You would think it would be smelly  too, especially in a warmer part of the country.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, APK said:

That sockless thing is a SOUTHERN thing but it looks like it's taken off around the country now.  It's kinda gross, imho.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She plays to mid-forties.  I was also surprised that She(m)p was only 42.  Seems a looong 9 years.

Dani is painfully thin.  Looks like The Great Katsby lost about 40lbs between filming scenes and filming sit-downs.  Adderallaboutthetown.

I need to know why Kathryn is allowed to break Bravo's continuity rule. They would not allow VPR Katie to change her hair bc they already started taping and she was stuck with that color that filmed as orange. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Kathryn face is bloated and she put on alot of weight. She lost custody because of her substance abuse. Looks like she's right back on it. 

Austen's new girlfriend looks just like Madison without the lip injections. Who needed to see her parents? Too soon for that. 

BRAVO should have never let Naomi back on the show. She trashed the show and everyone on it when she left thinking she was so above it all because she bagged a doctor. A cheating doctor. 

Leva was put in the background after being front and center and so woke last season. Her and Naomi's friend is annoying AF. 

Craig is right about one thing. Shep has always treated him like crap and Austen is a little gossip. That makes two things I guess. 

Pringle is useless and still looks like he needs a shower. 

Patricia has not trained her dogs. My dog never, ever shits or pisses in the house. Why? Because we trained him not to!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10

I honestly didn't recognize Naomi.  Lip injections and so skinny she looks like she'll snap in half, to the point where her head seems disproportionately-sized.  It's a shame, because I always thought she was so attractive.

I was never a Leva fan - she really left a bad taste in my mouth last season - so I'm not thrilled that she's back.

Why is Madison still around?

I guess I was one of the few that had hopes for Katherine - she was so level-headed and grounded during the Ashley season, and then came the slide.  I still want better for her, because she is so young.  I hope she turns it around.

And I'm ashamed to admit that I always thought her boyfriend's name was pronounced "shleb."

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Patricia has not trained her dogs. My dog never, ever shits or pisses in the house. Why? Because we trained him not to!

Did you train the old age out of them?  😉

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Axie said:

Shep has always been an ass but the older he gets, the more pronounced his assholery becomes. 

Has he also had plastic surgery?  His face looks different.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1