Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosts of Housewives Past: Jill Zarin, Alex, and the Rest

• Start Topic

On 1/17/2018 at 9:04 AM, AnnaL said:

RIP Bobby, he was a true gentleman and his love for Jill was glaring and strong. he was the best of JZ

With that being said and at the risk of being a total&^%ch I am just going to say it. 

I know Jill is a grieving widow, but somehow she has managed to make Bobby's passing all about her. I just can't support this. 

All the articles are about the Bravo crew filming (can't believe she was okay with this) , reconciling with Bethenny is the middle of the street, interview with People magazine about how Bobby would be happy that they buried if Jill and Bethenny reconcilied. WTF? 

On 1/17/2018 at 11:12 AM, sarivon said:

ITA with all this.  Jill will see an opportunity to either get back on Housewives or OMG try to get her own show about life as a new widow. If it wew anyone else I wouldn't think this but its Jill.

Of course she will try to use this to get back on.  She is a snake in the grass.  She is absolutely making Bobby's death ALL ABOUT HER!

On 1/17/2018 at 1:28 PM, ButterQueen said:

Please God No -----  Do Not Bring Jill Back --- !!!

PLEASE GOD!  I would like to "like" this post 1000 times!

• Love 11
On 1/29/2018 at 1:04 PM, heatherchandler said:

PLEASE GOD!  I would like to "like" this post 1000 times!

So someone (I say someone because Idon’t want to believe that Jill is planting PageSix articles with Bobby not yet cold in the ground) planted a real pro-Jill piece in PageSix about how she is being treated so poorly by Bravo.  They just ask her back on occasion when they should be bringing her back to the show.  Gag.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Maybe it's Susan Saunders planting these stories, heh

You old-timers out there will understand my joke 

DYING.  Remember when that whole thing blew up?  That was awesome.  I also remember that the whole Susan Sanders conversation got SHUT DOWN on televisionwithoutpity.  I figured Jill got to them.

I also wonder how Jill got it so that whenever I type in "J" into google, jillzarin.com auto-fills.  I have never been to her stupid website.  This has to be something she has paid Google for, and I am sure it is not cheap.  

• Love 14

Jill's "friends" told Page Six she's being treated badly by Bravo:

"Sources say Jill’s grown tired of making cameo appearances on the show without being offered an actual job.

We are told friends feel like the network is getting her for free without intending to make an offer — while Bravo uses the drama of her life but does not make her a cast member.

“It’s not about the money, it’s about the respect,” said a source close to Jill."

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/30/jill-zarin-tired-of-being-strung-along-by-bravo/

"The respect"?

Who is she? Don Corleone? (Then again...)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10

Appearances? I thought she's only appeared one time on the show since she was booted off.

Well you;re looking at her actual appearances, not the appearances in her head.  Much like my appearances on Broadway.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Appearances? I thought she's only appeared one time on the show since she was booted off.

Yea, LuAnn's wedding stuff, right? I don't recall seeing her any other time. 

Is she saying that she wouldn't actually show up for her friend if she didn't think Bravo was going to pay her/bring her back on the show? I mean, it seemed like a situation she would have just naturally been in, camera or no camera. But I guess I underestimate ol Jillzy. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, film noire said:

“It’s not about the money, it’s about the respect,” said a source 

Poor Jill. She's the Rodney Dangerfield of the Housewives. 

Is she trying to create sympathy among the fans with this or something, perhaps get them to start a movement to bring her back?  Good luck with that, Jill.

I wonder if any of the blogs that allow comments have reported on the Page Six article. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of sock puppets Jill created posters thoughtfully expressing how great it would be to have her back on the show. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Poor Jill. She's the Rodney Dangerfield of the Housewives. 

Is she trying to create sympathy among the fans with this or something, perhaps get them to start a movement to bring her back?  Good luck with that, Jill.

I wonder if any of the blogs that allow comments have reported on the Page Six article. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of sock puppets Jill created posters thoughtfully expressing how great it would be to have her back on the show. 

Yes! Everyone be on the lookout for names like Christine Christianson, Cathy Clark, Jennifer Johnson, Anne Anderson, etc.

Susan Saunders, pfft.  Her most overlooked crime in that thing was the tremendous lack of creativity she showed in coming up with an alias. 

• Love 10

She looks pretty skinny but it also looks to me like she hit the contour powder pretty damn hard which really  emphasizes the hollowness in her cheeks and eyes. I wonder if she meant to make herself look that way. Is that a recent picture? 

Her ex really is the biggest asshole on the planet.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

She looks pretty skinny but it also looks to me like she hit the contour powder pretty damn hard which really  emphasizes the hollowness in her cheeks and eyes. I wonder if she meant to make herself look that way. Is that a recent picture? 

Her ex really is the biggest asshole on the planet.

January 11, 2018 Article. I think the picture is from walking out of the court house.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, film noire said:

Jill's "friends" told Page Six she's being treated badly by Bravo:

"Sources say Jill’s grown tired of making cameo appearances on the show without being offered an actual job.

We are told friends feel like the network is getting her for free without intending to make an offer — while Bravo uses the drama of her life but does not make her a cast member.

“It’s not about the money, it’s about the respect,” said a source close to Jill."

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/30/jill-zarin-tired-of-being-strung-along-by-bravo/

"The respect"?

Who is she? Don Corleone? (Then again...)

Since she effed up her storyline with B, got caught taping her WWHL gig,  I am going with Fredo.

5 hours ago, Jel said:

Yes! Everyone be on the lookout for names like Christine Christianson, Cathy Clark, Jennifer Johnson, Anne Anderson, etc.

Susan Saunders, pfft.  Her most overlooked crime in that thing was the tremendous lack of creativity she showed in coming up with an alias. 

And not making her Amazon wishlist disappear.  MAN she was bad at that stuff!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Since she effed up her storyline with B, got caught taping her WWHL gig,  I am going with Fredo.

Lord help me, I love an apt Fredo reference. Poor Jill, she just can't  get out of her own way.

I want her back on this show more than I can express. 

• Love 9
Just now, Celia Rubenstein said:

Lord help me, I love an apt Fredo reference. Poor Jill, she just can't  get out of her own way.

I want her back on this show more than I can express. 

I am starting to want her back as well.  I never thought I would say that but adding her to the cast NOW certainly has potential.  

• Love 5

Well, she would be a refreshing element at this point. I think everyone's become just a little too self conscious and engineered in their approach to the show. It's lost its ...spontaneity, I guess is the word I'm looking for. 

Jill, being entirely unable to control herself,  would add some zest to the mix. 

I get the impression that people really don't want to see her come back though. But I think she would really cut through a lot of the BS nonsense that this show has devolved into being about. She's not afraid to call anybody out for anything. Ramona Luann Bethenny Sonja, what's her name the new chick ... they would all have their feet held to the fire by Jill. Because as fake and pretentious as Jill is, she's actually very authentic. Despite her efforts to the contrary - trying to come off as so grand - she's always who she really is. She just can't help it. 

That's her biggest problem but it's also her biggest gift. And it was always her greatest asset on this show.

• Love 14

I don't disagree with you, Celia, Jill is entertaining and no holds barred. But... honestly I just don't want to see another go around of Team Jill vs Team Whoever Jill is Pissed With. And I think ultimately that Jill getting back on the show would not be psychologically healthy for Jill at all. 

• Love 11

Well, she would be a refreshing element at this point.

I dunno. I really enjoyed season 9, I thought it was one of the best seasons we've had in years. I thought they had the right mix of women, so am rather glad it's basically the same group returning next season. Adding Jill to the mix might ruin that chemistry. Granted, there is no guarantee that they'll be able to recapture that special something that made season 9 so fun, but I'm hoping they do. Without Jill.

Of course, being it's season 10, I wouldn't put it past Andy and Bravo to add Jill back and try to market it somehow that way.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I dunno. I really enjoyed season 9, I thought it was one of the best seasons we've had in years and really enjoyed it. I thought they had the right mix of women, so am rather glad it's basically the same group returning next season. Adding Jill to the mix might ruin that chemistry. Granted, there is no guarantee that they'll be able to recapture that special something that made season 9 so fun, but I'm hoping they do. Without Jill.

Of course, being it's season 10, I wouldn't put it past Andy and Bravo to add Jill back and try to market it somehow that way.

If Jill is brought back it should be in the same capacity as last season. One cameo appearance.

Let her give Luann her sage advice like she did with Tom - if you love someone you should forgive them 1 time, 2 times, 3 times, whatever it takes. Luann regarding your drinking you should forgive yourself if you have 1 shot, 2 shots, 3 shots, whatever it takes to fall into the bushes,

• Love 6

Frankel on Jill:

"Of how things currently stand, Frankel tells PEOPLE Now, “We used to be friends, some things happened, her husband passed away. I went, I paid my respects. We are what we are."

"Everybody wants to make everything into something… Everything doesn’t have to be tied up in a perfect box,” she continuues. “I went to the funeral and I wish her the best. And that’s where it is.”

Frankel doesn’t anticipate a return to RHONY for her frenemy, saying, “Jill will probably not be coming back based on the different dynamic last year. Life must go on.”

http://people.com/tv/bethenny-frankel-jill-zarin-friendship-after-funeral/

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:52 AM, Rap541 said:

I don't disagree with you, Celia, Jill is entertaining and no holds barred. But... honestly I just don't want to see another go around of Team Jill vs Team Whoever Jill is Pissed With. And I think ultimately that Jill getting back on the show would not be psychologically healthy for Jill at all. 

I thought if B leaves Jill would make a good replacement but now I'm leaning towards your way of thinking. I like a crazy RH but they need to show some awareness in the off season and on social media like RHBH Rinna. But Jill seems to be more like RHNJ Siggy and may lose any sense of reality without Bobby's influence.

• Love 1
On 2/2/2018 at 10:30 AM, film noire said:

Frankel on Jill:

"Of how things currently stand, Frankel tells PEOPLE Now, “We used to be friends, some things happened, her husband passed away. I went, I paid my respects. We are what we are."

"Everybody wants to make everything into something… Everything doesn’t have to be tied up in a perfect box,” she continuues. “I went to the funeral and I wish her the best. And that’s where it is.”

Frankel doesn’t anticipate a return to RHONY for her frenemy, saying, “Jill will probably not be coming back based on the different dynamic last year. Life must go on.”

http://people.com/tv/bethenny-frankel-jill-zarin-friendship-after-funeral/

Nice of Bethenny to speak for Bravo and Jill.  There is a reality-Luann has carried the show the last two seasons.n  Last year's dynamic was Bethenny thinking the trip to Mexico was everything.  Last year's dynamic has nothing to do with next season-not the one they are filming but next year.  The entire franchise is getting long in the tooth and Bethenny Frankel is not at the helm.

• Love 7

Last year's dynamic has nothing to do with next season-not the one they are filming but next year.  The entire franchise is getting long in the tooth and Bethenny Frankel is not at the helm.

I agree but I am thinking that for a show getting long in the tooth, the way to refresh things isn't to bring back a housewife who was fired, for all intents and purposes, for causing off camera issues. There's a lot of reasons Jill shouldn't come back, but oddly enough, Bethenny not wanting it is likely to encourage the actual decision makers to consider it. Because this show isn't selling a lifestyle, its selling bitchy drama. Jill is always bitchy drama and Bethenny in play = massive bitchy drama. 

But for all that,  I think Jill would view an invite back as complete vindication that she was right, and that would make her difficult to control. At best.

If they really want to reset the dynamic, they should dump the entire cast and pick up younger women who are actually married. For a show theoretically about married women... are ANY of them currently married?

• Love 6
On 2/1/2018 at 2:39 PM, film noire said:

From the article:

"...Daniel Wainstein claims his brother, Michael, is attempting to prevent him from testifying in the divorce case.

Michael even went so far as to call 911 on his own brother, falsely claiming that Daniel was suicidal, the suit claims."

Jesus.

Michael really is a hall of fame worst Real Househusband candidate and this list includes a number of grifters, convicts, and physical abusers.

6 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

I thought if B leaves Jill would make a good replacement but now I'm leaning towards your way of thinking. I like a crazy RH but they need to show some awareness in the off season and on social media like RHBH Rinna. But Jill seems to be more like RHNJ Siggy and may lose any sense of reality without Bobby's influence.

Staying away is the healthiest thing Jill can do for herself, which is why I'm sure she'll be champing at the bit to come back. She needs to stay away.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I agree but I am thinking that for a show getting long in the tooth, the way to refresh things isn't to bring back a housewife who was fired, for all intents and purposes, for causing off camera issues. There's a lot of reasons Jill shouldn't come back, but oddly enough, Bethenny not wanting it is likely to encourage the actual decision makers to consider it. Because this show isn't selling a lifestyle, its selling bitchy drama. Jill is always bitchy drama and Bethenny in play = massive bitchy drama. 

But for all that,  I think Jill would view an invite back as complete vindication that she was right, and that would make her difficult to control. At best.

If they really want to reset the dynamic, they should dump the entire cast and pick up younger women who are actually married. For a show theoretically about married women... are ANY of them currently married?

I don't think Jill is looking for vindication as much as she as she just wants back in.  Reclaiming her time.  I would not be surprised if they don't have conversations between Ramona, Kelly and Luann about visiting Bobby or even one with Bethenny acknowledging Bobby and her respect for him.  All the aforementioned had contact with Bobby before his death (Bethenny's was a gift basket) but the other three actually visited him in the hospital.  People want some sort of depth and these shows are all beginning to lack any type of depth.  For most of the cast they are close to "The Golden Girls" age (when the show was filming) than "Sex and the City" (when the show was filming).    

The most compelling thing Jill has to offer is she would certainly be the ballast for the women to reflect on the reality of cutting living people out of their lives.  My guess the rub would be Jill would be too sympathetic.  Granted there are two other widows-Carole 20 years ago, with a record of her dating Russ and Adam, Dorinda six years ago, with John.  They just haven't had a RH whose husband died with an intact marriage and the viewers knowing him with mostly positive feelings.   

I agree with you about the lack of Housewives on this franchise.  At the end of the last season;s Reunion, they were all quite smug about being in relationships (Carole's of course being the healthiest-according to Carole)  and less than six months later Dorinda is the only with her relationship with John.  It use to be about being moms and wives.  Now we have two childless women, two whose children we never see and very brief glimpses of Ramona, Dorinda and Luann's adult children.  Not saying they need a husband to make their life complete but it would be nice to see something more than just a bunch of women arguing or promoting their business. The more successful franchises tend to have a better mix. (Atlanta, OC, Beverly Hills and New Jersey.) 

• Love 7

My guess the rub would be Jill would be too sympathetic.

My guess is Jill would squander any of that within 3 episodes.

People want some sort of depth and these shows are all beginning to lack any type of depth

Depth has never really been the selling point of any of these shows. It's always been about the superficial. And Jill isn't exactly all that much deeper than most of the other women. Occasionally you might get a poignant moment or episode here and there, but it's always been about a bunch of "rich" women living their lives...

Granted there are two other widows-Carole 20 years ago, with a record of her dating Russ and Adam, Dorinda six years ago, with John. 

I dunno, I think people can still be sympathetic to Carole and Dorinda and what they have lost, even if their husbands didn't pass away yesterday.

Not sure what their dating record has to do with people sympathizing with them.

The more successful franchises tend to have a better mix. (Atlanta, OC, Beverly Hills and New Jersey.) 

It depends on how one defines successful. Most people seemed to enjoy the last season of NYC. Most also criticized OC and New Jersey as being boring, and Atlanta doesn't seem to be getting much better word of mouth this season.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, BBHN said:

Depth has never really been the selling point of any of these shows. It's always been about the superficial. And Jill isn't exactly all that much deeper than most of the other women. Occasionally you might get a poignant moment or episode here and there, but it's always been about a bunch of "rich" women living their lives...

I dunno, I think people can still be sympathetic to Carole and Dorinda and what they have lost, even if their husbands didn't pass away yesterday.

It depends on how one defines successful. Most people seemed to enjoy the last season of NYC. Most also criticized OC and New Jersey as being boring, and Atlanta doesn't seem to be getting much better word of mouth this season.

How ape shit would Jill go, if Bravo offers FOH status to her sister Lisa Wexler?

• Love 9
9 hours ago, BBHN said:

I'll define successful franchises-the ones with the highest ratings.  NY is behind the Atlanta, OC, BH and NJ franchises in ratings.  Although they might have surpassed NJ this season.  So viewers liking in one viewer's opinion is not define success, ratings do and NY has been lacking since Season 5 when the producers had their massive housecleaning.    I don't see NY being cancelled anytime soon but they are not a ratings success compared to most of the other franchises.

The point of going into something deeper-not necessarily darker is the women become more relatable to the viewers.  My point in mentioning the other widows and the time passed of their husbands is they have moved on.  Bravo has spent time with the two widows remembering their husbands.  I think those moments have always been well received by viewers.  Viewers go tot actually see and experience Bobby and the relationship between Jill and Bobby.  SO the idea of seeing someone without her husband might be of interest to viewers.  

To me, Jill's mistake would be trying to make more of Bethenny's gestures.  We saw glimpses of her at the dinner with Bobby, Tom, Luann and Dorinda and her desperation.  Jill has friends on the show in Luann, Ramona and Dorinda, leave Bethenny alone.  Enjoy what you have.  I think she might even know Tinsley Mortimer. She doesn't need Bethenny blessing to return.  My original comment was about addressing the group dynamic.  To me it sounded a little like Bethenny liked being top dog and being the one to dictate the dynamic..   Ramona, Luann and Dorit all have a relationship with Jill and have history. Ramona always being the exception as to it being positive, I think they would welcome a toned down Jill back.  Jill is someone they actually have contact with in the off season.  Bethenny stays busy and sees Carole.

• Love 5
On 2/5/2018 at 4:00 AM, zoeysmom said:

I'll define successful franchises-the ones with the highest ratings.  NY is behind the Atlanta, OC, BH and NJ franchises in ratings.  Although they might have surpassed NJ this season.  So viewers liking in one viewer's opinion is not define success, ratings do and NY has been lacking since Season 5 when the producers had their massive housecleaning.    I don't see NY being cancelled anytime soon but they are not a ratings success compared to most of the other franchises.

The point of going into something deeper-not necessarily darker is the women become more relatable to the viewers.  My point in mentioning the other widows and the time passed of their husbands is they have moved on.  Bravo has spent time with the two widows remembering their husbands.  I think those moments have always been well received by viewers.  Viewers go tot actually see and experience Bobby and the relationship between Jill and Bobby.  SO the idea of seeing someone without her husband might be of interest to viewers.  

To me, Jill's mistake would be trying to make more of Bethenny's gestures.  We saw glimpses of her at the dinner with Bobby, Tom, Luann and Dorinda and her desperation.  Jill has friends on the show in Luann, Ramona and Dorinda, leave Bethenny alone.  Enjoy what you have.  I think she might even know Tinsley Mortimer. She doesn't need Bethenny blessing to return.  My original comment was about addressing the group dynamic.  To me it sounded a little like Bethenny liked being top dog and being the one to dictate the dynamic..   Ramona, Luann and Dorit all have a relationship with Jill and have history. Ramona always being the exception as to it being positive, I think they would welcome a toned down Jill back.  Jill is someone they actually have contact with in the off season.  Bethenny stays busy and sees Carole.

I think the problem is that Jill sees herself as a connector.  She mentioned that in Season 1.  She connects people to other people and enjoys having powerful connections. Whether or not you like Bethenny, you have to admit that she is the most successful RHNY housewife. Jill lost that connection (and bragging right) and it probably irritates the living daylights out of her.  That’s why she won’t let the Bethenny thing go—besides it being the key (in her opinion) to her return to RHNY, she wants that connection to a powerful/famous person back. 

• Love 6
On 2/6/2018 at 1:54 AM, diadochokinesis said:

I think the problem is that Jill sees herself as a connector.  She mentioned that in Season 1.  She connects people to other people and enjoys having powerful connections. Whether or not you like Bethenny, you have to admit that she is the most successful RHNY housewife. Jill lost that connection (and bragging right) and it probably irritates the living daylights out of her.  That’s why she won’t let the Bethenny thing go—besides it being the key (in her opinion) to her return to RHNY, she wants that connection to a powerful/famous person back. 

That is who Jill was- the show doesn't need a connector any longer because the women of attained their own fame through the show.  Bethenny is the most financially successful RH, and probably the least successful RH in terms of relationships with men.  All the other women past and present have had long term marriages/relationships. 

Jill kind of drives me nuts because she is so social media hungry, but I honestly believe she wanted to sit down and talk to Bethenny (outside the Reunion) and hash things out but Jill was to busy trying to win on social media.  When it finally occurred to her she was a petty, superficial woman, (I think complaining about the photo of Giggy and not one of Ginger in the WWHL clubhouse was probably the best example of petty) and that not all RH are given every opportunity she probably started to get a clue.  The franchise has branched out into so many different shows and spin-offs and over 100 RH (past and present), it has to have finally settled with Jill they aren't all hers for the asking or taking.  

I think Jill just wants back in-or maybe not. I am guessing she will be terribly lonely after the passing of Bobby.  I think Jill in the end just wanted acknowledgment and resolution with Bethenny.  She has it.  I don't see it going any further unless Jill returns to the show. Bethenny has a way of distancing herself from the others on the show.  First it was Alex, then Luann, then Sonja and finally Ramona.  She just doesn't need them. From the beginning Jill miscalculated their relationship.  Jill thought she was riding tandem with Bethenny, when in fact Jill was just another cog in Bethenny wheel towards success. As a self-proclaimed connector, Jill has never gotten the fact that people who like being connected tend to move along and not carry their connector.  Jill never got it and with each of Bethenny's successes she just got more ridiculous and more vindictive.  

Ultimately, Bravo will review this season and the reaction and see if it is in the best interest of the show to have Jill return.  There really isn't a downside to it as Jill does deliver-not necessarily in a positive way, but she is the one people love to hate.  If I had to wager a guess what would keep Jill from returning it would be her making some grandiose salary demands and/or some sort of control of the show's narrative as it applies to her.  The thing about Jill is her personal life is pretty much a snore.  Unlike Sonja, Ramona, Luann, Tinsley she doesn't get drunk and stupid or have some questionable sexual situations.

• Love 4

and probably the least successful RH in terms of relationships with men.

Brandi just saw that and laughed. As did Kenya. And Porsha cried about it.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 5

I think Jill just wants back in-or maybe not. I am guessing she will be terribly lonely after the passing of Bobby. 

I think she wanted back in even when Bobby was alive.

Bethenny has a way of distancing herself from the others on the show.  First it was Alex, then Luann, then Sonja and finally Ramona

I'm not sure if she or Alex was responsible for them being distant now. She and Luann were arguably never that close. And given how much back and forth has gone on between B and with both Sonja and Ramona, who could blame here if she wanted ti distance herself from them?

From the beginning Jill miscalculated their relationship.  Jill thought she was riding tandem with Bethenny, when in fact Jill was just another cog in Bethenny wheel towards success.

Actually, I always saw it as Jill seeing Bethenny as her sidekick. And as Bethenny not only became more successful financially but also arguably became the breakout star of the this version of the franchise, Jill just couldn't deal with the idea of her "sidekick" outshining her.

Jill has never gotten the fact that people who like being connected tend to move along and not carry their connector. 

That is far from true.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 5

I’m also rewatching Scary Island.  That was some good television.  I wanted to mention that I loved it when Jill and Bobby show up on the island and Bethany is talking to Bobby and she says she didn’t want to put Bobby in the middle.  Then Bobby says “I wouldn’t have been in the middle”.  He did love and support Jill unconditionally.  She will indeed struggle without him.

Jill’s arrogance shined through during the ridiculous shaking debacle in the skimpy skating dress.  I don’t want Jill back on Rhnyc and I can’t see her fitting in with the current crew.  Thank goodness they got rid of Kelly a season or so later, she is a crazy nut job.  Glad some others are rewatching with me.  Hope you have a great V-Day tomorrow!

• Love 4

I missed the Scary Island episode earlier but I've seen it several times before.  The thing is, it just never gets old!  It is disturbing but has so many amusing parts that keep it watchable time after time.  

Seeing Bobby makes me sad!!  RIP!!!   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

I’m also rewatching Scary Island.  That was some good television.  I wanted to mention that I loved it when Jill and Bobby show up on the island and Bethany is talking to Bobby and she says she didn’t want to put Bobby in the middle.  Then Bobby says “I wouldn’t have been in the middle”.  He did love and support Jill unconditionally.  She will indeed struggle without him.

Jill’s arrogance shined through during the ridiculous shaking debacle in the skimpy skating dress.  I don’t want Jill back on Rhnyc and I can’t see her fitting in with the current crew.  Thank goodness they got rid of Kelly a season or so later, she is a crazy nut job.  Glad some others are rewatching with me.  Hope you have a great V-Day tomorrow!

Bobby was a very good husband and very sage.  Jill was also a devoted wife to Bobby.   They were a couple, something we see very little of on this show.

Jill is already involved in the current crew.  Jill regularly and continuously has socialized with Dorinda, Luann, Kelly and off and on with Ramona.  There is nothing funnier than Jill face planting in the skating dress.    

Harkening back to the Scary Island episode Ramona going nuts on the yacht spotting their next venue the island house will never get old.  The good old days when it was more about the luxury and less about who got the best room.

• Love 15

Harkening back to the Scary Island episode Ramona going nuts on the yacht spotting their next venue the island house will never get old.  

That house!  Right after the show first aired, my sister and I looked it up ... you could rent it for $10,000 a week.  We actually briefly considered it--we could get 4 friends and/or couples and it would be less than $1800 per room for a week.  

I think the price is double that now.

Damn, if I ever have a destination wedding, that will be the place!

• Love 7