Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Part V

• Start Topic

(edited)

I don’t know they did it, but despite what we’ve seen in Reva to date, I felt sadness when she fell to Vader…

…but did she?

What of — Owen — the boy — ?

Also, as much as I’ve mocked Hayden Christensen’s portrayal of Anakin over the years, it was great to see him again. Too bad Obi-Wan’s training seemed to consist mostly of saying “you’re really lacking, you’ll be better when you fix that.”

RIP Tala Durith.

Edited by tkc
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10

What an episode. Cannot believe we only have one episode left. It better be like 90 minutes long or something. I feel there is not enough time left to wrap everything up that needs to be. Or is this meant to be a legit series and not limited?

So glad Hayden got to appear in the flesh so to speak and not just strut around in Vader's costume.

I will never understand why bad guys never finish off their opponent and just walk away assuming they will die. As soon as Vader left and the Stormtroopers followed, I knew Reva would not be dying this episode. And while I kinda felt bad for her during the battle with Vader, I still want to see her die. I wonder if Kenobi is going to kill her to protect the Secret of the Children.

And yay! to Young Luke.

1 hour ago, tkc said:

RIP Tala Durith.

And your droid. What is it with me feeling emotion over something that has no emotion?

• Love 15
(edited)
2 hours ago, tkc said:

I don’t know they did it, but despite what we’ve seen in Reva to date, I felt sadness when she fell to Vader…

…but did she?

Also, as much as I’ve mocked Hayden Christensen’s portrayal of Anakin over the years, it was great to see him again. Too bad Obi-Wan’s training seemed to consist mostly of saying “you’re really lacking, you’ll be better when you fix that.”

RIP Tala Durith.

I wish we had gotten a Clone Wars flashback, but I was glad to see that there was a reason they hyped up bringing back Hayden, and maybe it's just Ewan and Hayden's happiness at getting to work together again bleeding through but there seemed to be genuine fondness and a deep bond between the two. 

Also the (Original) Grand Inquisitor had two stomachs and that's presumably how he survived, how the hell does Reva survive?

And nooooooo Tala!!!! I was hoping she'd survive 😭 😭😭 Her and Obi-Wan would have made such a cute couple! 

Edited by Cirien
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, tkc said:

Why didn’t Obi Wan just destroy that communicator that contained vital information, which didn’t need to be kept, since he knew Bail would take care of Luke. Why, instead, did he pass it onto the dude who was prone to accidentally leaking important information? Ugh.

I loved the flashback. Especially since they didn’t bother de-aging them, so it was just two dudes with wrinkles and bad wigs having a great time playing lightsaber together. I know that’s the show I signed up for.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

The fact that Obi-Wan couldn't answer Reva when she asks him if they want the same thing. If Obi-Wan truly wants to kill Anakin is heart-breaking to me. After all of this, he can't say that he wants to. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 10
34 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I loved the flashback. Especially since they didn’t bother de-aging them, so it was just two dudes with wrinkles and bad wigs having a great time playing lightsaber together. I know that’s the show I signed up for.

I agree so much!  I would love more of this. 

Agree also on Obi-Wan handing Faux Jedi the communicator/message device.  PLOT and no other reason.

Reva's backstory was pretty much telegraphed from the opening scene.  Curse your inevitable....turn to the light that I see coming for her.  If she were going to die, she would be dead now (bad buys gotta gloat and do dumb things) so she must keep the secret.   The show tries, with the ominous music and all, but we know what happens with Luke.   I was surprised she took on Vader this ep; figured it would be the final ep intead, so there was that at least.

Sorry to lose Tala and the droid.  I don't know why I was so sad at the droid too, even though I figured it was a goner.  At least Tala bad-assed her way out.

I enjoy the original Grand Inquisitor.  He's so smarmy, lol. 

Sometimes watching is an odd experience - you know Leia, Obi-Wan and Anakin/Vader will continue on, so the tension is in side characters the viewer may or may not care about and/or the interest in how the heroes will get out of their predicament. 

Mainly I go with flow, enjoy seeing Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan and shut my brain off.  I am curious as to how it will all wrap up.  I would like another season, esp if we have more Obi-Wan/Anakin flashbacks.   I watched Clone Wars but would love Ewan/Hayden together again.   I've only watched the prequel trilogy once (I had zero memory of Obi-Wan taking out Grevious until the "hello there" topic, heh) but don't want to have to watch to see the actors together, dammit.

We have seen consistency in the various mediums that Obi-Wan, though more than capable, has other methods besides the lightsaber against his enemies.  Oh and we got some beard stroking!

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, raven said:

Mainly I go with flow, enjoy seeing Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan and shut my brain off.  I am curious as to how it will all wrap up.  I would like another season, esp if we have more Obi-Wan/Anakin flashbacks.   I watched Clone Wars but would love Ewan/Hayden together again.   I've only watched the prequel trilogy once (I had zero memory of Obi-Wan taking out Grevious until the "hello there" topic, heh) but don't want to have to watch to see the actors together, dammit.

I don't care that when Obi Wan is a force ghost, he appears as Alec Guiness in canon. I will pay for 100 Disney+ subscriptions if the Ahsoka series is 80% Ahsoka being haunted by Anakin and Obi Wan's force ghosts.

Vader ripping a ship out of the sky and then battling Reva without a lightsaber was pretty cool. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I don't care that when Obi Wan is a force ghost, he appears as Alec Guiness in canon. I will pay for 100 Disney+ subscriptions if the Ahsoka series is 80% Ahsoka being haunted by Anakin and Obi Wan's force ghosts.

Vader ripping a ship out of the sky and then battling Reva without a lightsaber was pretty cool. 

Loved that Anakin/DV learned that from Obi Wan

What is with all of the outsourcing, Vader?  Your most hated enemy is trapped down there - march down with your troopers and handle the assault yourself!  Don't leave it in the hands of a subordinate who you know wants to kill you.

And speaking of Vader, he of all people should know what happens when you assume your opponent has a mortal wound and just walk away.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

And speaking of Vader, he of all people should know what happens when you assume your opponent has a mortal wound and just walk away.

On top of that, the Grand Inquisitor that Reva killed IN THE SAME WAY, has just revealed himself to still be alive, and said that his hunger for revenge kept him alive, which Reva has proven to have in spades. Y'all need to stop monologuing so much, and start chopping off some heads. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, raven said:

At least Tala bad-assed her way out.

To quote another sci-fi franchise, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't ya think? I wish they had explicitly called out that this pack of rebels had but a single grenade and Tala was carrying it. Otherwise it would have been a much shorter fight.

Of course, the same goes for the Empire, who had a giant gun working on the door but did not bother firing it through the door once it was open. And who also forgot their grenades. I guess Stormtroopers can't be trusted with area effect weaponry but there were at least a couple of elite troopers there.

We have also seen Star Destroyers parked in an atmosphere before so if Vader really didn't want them getting away he could have parked over top of the hangar.

1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

I liked that too. Vader has so little regard for Reva that he didn't even bother picking up a lightsaber until about three quarters of the way through the fight. But add me to the count of folks who don't understand why he left her alive.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Very nice seeing Hayden again. They have him so use him a bit and they did. It was good seeing Anakin again. Though Vader has moments in the suit where I felt Anakin in him. I liked the flashback with Reva even though I really don't like her character.  The weakest episode has definitely been Episode 4. I can't believe it is over already next week. 

• Love 5

Very good episode. Nice bounce back from last week’s ep which felt like the weakest episode so far. 

Finally got the answers about Reva and also now people can also stop complaining about canon and the GI. 

Nice use of the flashbacks to help tell the story and show how well Obi Wan and Anakin know each other. Also nice little reaffirmation that while he was able to beat a very shaken Obi Wan, when both are thinking clearly Obi Wan is still a step ahead of Anakin and that Anakin is still the Palawan aka learner. 

Really wondering what Reva is going to do with the information. 

Regarding leaving wounded people to die, apparently Obi Wan does learn this lesson because the ending of episode in Rebels with him and Maul has a whole new spin on it. At the time, it seemed he was showing compassion and staying with Maul in his final moments but now it’s clear he was just staying with him to make sure that SOB died and stayed dead. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Bill1978 said:

And your droid. What is it with me feeling emotion over something that has no emotion?

Edited by tkc
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Improvement from last episode but that wasn't exactly difficult accomplishment.

Flashback was nice and Ewan is still carrying this show and is only reason why I am still watching.

Did Empire ever produce someone even remotely competent during their reign? Only competent thing Empire did, was that Reva planned Leia's kidnapping to lure Obi-Wan(and then she screwed up when she left 3 guys to capture Obi-Wan). Now they are wasting time to blast the door when single cut from lightsaber is enough. Stormtroopers can't hit target and for some reason have to come on black point range to shoot someone. Tala destroyed door's mechanism but suddenly they can be opened when Obi-Wan need to surrender. Reva leaves Jedi Master with 2 stormtroopers behind closed with access to other refugees, what can go wrong. Also couldn't Obi-Wan cover their retreat with lightsaber instead of Tala?

Reva's plan to kill Vader was stupid(and how she didn't notice that Grand Inquisitor was still alive). I wonder if we aresupposed to root for Reva's redemption when she isn't better than other Siths/Inquisitors.

Tracker now also magically reprogram droids.

And what is that last 2 episode were below 40 minutes long?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Grimnar said:

Tracker now also magically reprogram droids.

Geez, they should have just left it at tracker. I could buy that LOLA had a built in tracking feature that Reva could exploit. That that little button she installed could also program LOLA to locate the controls for the hanger door and cut the cables is ridiculous. What kind of data link is that? Is there video streaming with someone manually controlling LOLA a million parsecs away?

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Sure enough, Tala dies after getting shot and sacrificing herself to save everyone else but, again, it's really because she's played by Indira Varma, and Indira Varma is not allowed to live for long on television.  She and Sean Bean need to star in a show together where each episode ends with both of them dying.

Nice getting a flashback of Obi-Wan and Anakin and letting Hayden Christensen get some face time.  I'm not going to do a reversal and say that he was a misunderstood legend during the prequels, but I do think we saw in these moments that Hayden was capable of more when he wasn't saddled by George Lucas' stiff direction and cringy at times dialogue.  Plus, you just got the sense that he and Ewan McGregor really do enjoy working together, so that was nice to see.  All in all, probably one of the best scenes in the series.

Sure enough, Reva really was one of those younglings at the temple, but was able to fake her death in order to escape Anakin's wrath (good thing he and the clone troopers didn't believe in the art of double-tapping, I guess.)  And her true motivation was actually trying to get close to Vader to kill him herself.  Which, naturally, ended up failing spectacularly.  Of course, you just know that Vader leaving her broken but still alive is going to backfire on the Empire.  Villains really do end up being their own worst enemies at times.

Also not too surprising that the Grand Inquisitor didn't die after-all, because he's got some Rebels to deal with after-all!

Heh, Haja Estree is back and thrown in with the gang now.  I know Kumail Nanjiani is an acquired taste, but I'm getting a kick out of him being in this universe (similar to Bill Burr on The Mandalorian.)

Yeah, Obi-Wan handing off the communication device with Bail's message and not making sure he got it back was pretty daft.  To be fair, a lot was going on, but that could have been avoided.  At least delete it, Kenobi!

Continue to like how the franchise shows how dangerous Darth Vader was in his prime.  Really an unstoppable force at times.

Curious to see how the finale will play out next week!

• Like 3
  • Love 6

The message Bail sent Obi-Wan was stupid him even mentioning children. Obi-Wan not taking better care of it was stupid as well. This is how Palpatine was able to play everyone all those years. We did have some dopes running around the galaxy lol.

• Applause 2
  • Love 3

I was worried about Tala dying last week, and sure enough, she sacrifices herself this week. I'm sad to lose her and her droid buddy, but at least they got to go out in a badass way. It was probably inevitable, so many of the main players in the show are guaranteed survival because we know they show up in later movies so any new characters are going to be in danger, but its still sad to see cool characters getting killed off. 

We get our reveal that many of us saw coming, that Reeva was a kid when Order 66 happened, and she has been doing all of this to get back at Vader for killing her friends and leaving her traumatized, the second part I admit I did not see coming. Of course, that plan doesn't exactly work out for her, at least for now, because this is Vader in his prime, when he was a real force of nature, grabbing planes out of the sky like its no thing. Then they decide to leave Reeva alive, which is just so on brand for the Empire. Kill perfectly loyal soldiers just because of a minor screw up or out of annoyance, and leave the super powered rebels and traitors alive to cause more problems for later.  

I love the High Inquisitor, I knew he would come back but I'm glad we get to see him before the show ends, what a delightfully smug bastard. 

I loved seeing the flashback to young Obi-Wan and Anakin, it really seems like Hayden Christensen and Ewan McGregor like working together, they have nice chemistry when they aren't being saddled with that terrible prequel dialogue. I also thought it fed nicely into Reeva asking Obi-Wan if he really wanted to kill Anakin or not, its really heartbreaking to see how their relationship has ended up being. Ewan did a great job showing the conflict all over his face, even after everything that has happened, he cant imagine wanting to kill Anakin. This is one of the reasons I was so excited about this show, Ewan getting to portray Obi-Wan at this time is great to see. 

I know that Kumail Nanjiani's brand of comedy isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoy him being here providing some comedy in what is a pretty serious show.  

• Like 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Bill1978 said:

Man that tore me up, Talla going out like a boss but, that darn Droid guarding her in death just had me bawling 😢

This was an excellent episode,  loved the AotC Flashback,  the parallel between that Obi-Wan/Anakin and Vader/Reva.

I said from the start she was one of the Younglings in Episode I and, I figured she'd be their version of Trilla but, it doesn't feel earned and, I really didn't care. I'm actually annoyed Vader left her alive.

Speaking of Vader that is a power move, worth of Starkiller. Seriously I got flashbacks and my hands cramped up just watching it. 😆

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ybrik said:

Also nice little reaffirmation that while he was able to beat a very shaken Obi Wan, when both are thinking clearly Obi Wan is still a step ahead of Anakin and that Anakin is still the Palawan aka learner. 

The other thing I enjoyed about that scene is that when Obi=Wan gets the drop on Anakin at the end, Obi-Wan is enthused because he's in instructor mode and it's a chance to make a point to Anakin.  Anakin, however, is pissed off and trying not to show it. 

7 hours ago, dwmarch said:

I liked that too. Vader has so little regard for Reva that he didn't even bother picking up a lightsaber until about three quarters of the way through the fight. But add me to the count of folks who don't understand why he left her alive.

I liked this as well.  The casual way he stopped her saber from spinning was pretty cool.    I'm hoping he left her alive because he foresaw something and that it's not just another plot hole/bad writing, of which this show has a lot, even for Star Wars.  Not that I care much, I'm enjoying it anyway. 

• Love 8

Of course Indira Varma's character died.  When Tala didnt bite it last episode I naively thought maybe she'll make it through this season, but nah.

I will say her heroic death and her droid friend protecting her to the bitter end moved me like nothing else in this show has.  I haven't managed to form an emotional connection with the show.

• Sad 8

Dammit show, giving me feels by opening with Anakin and Obi-Wan and then making me cry over a a droid's death! 

"Gimme a ladder!", "Do what she says!" Leia is the best!

I knew it was too good to last and we'd never get to keep Indira Varma.  

Vader pulling a ship out of the sky and then ripping it apart with the force was awesomely terrifying! 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, tkc said:

I did! I felt sorry for the lamp.  Out there all alone in a storm!, after years of giving light and warmth.  It wasn’t broken, just tossed out on the street for something new and shiny. So sad.  

sad about the faithful droid as well.  He was a good droid.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Grimnar said:

Now they are wasting time to blast the door when single cut from lightsaber is enough.

Yeah really, just cut open a freaking doorway!

5 hours ago, absnow54 said:

That that little button she installed could also program LOLA to locate the controls for the hanger door and cut the cables is ridiculous.

It was the special Eeeeeevil model restraining bolt.

• LOL 1

I think we’re supposed to conclude that Obi-Wan just knew that Vader would keep the (automated) ship from leaving, and then he would be so tuckered out that he wouldn’t be able to pull the real ship back.
I think.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I was worried about Tala dying last week, and sure enough, she sacrifices herself this week. I'm sad to lose her and her droid buddy, but at least they got to go out... 

like chumps

1. Hold grenade clearly visible to enemies so they can retreat
  2. Do not THROW it towards retreating enemies
  3. Inflict 0 damage on enemies
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
16 minutes ago, kay1864 said:

Except that article you quoted says that *is* Hayden in the Costume some of the time. Tom O Connell does the fight and stunt work, Dmitrious Bistrevsky does the full body shots and Hayden does the mid range and emotional stuff. You can see it's Hayden by the way his shoulders move 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, kay1864 said:

I think we’re supposed to conclude that Obi-Wan just knew that Vader would keep the (automated) ship from leaving...

Reva is all kinds of dumb... THAT was her opportunity to attack a distracted Vader... instead she ends up like Oliver Queen vs. Raz

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Cirien said:

Tom O Connell does the fight and stunt work, Dmitrious Bistrevsky does the full body shots and Hayden does the mid range and emotional stuff.

So not when walking, or when standing full body, or when fighting. Just when emoting, and only when shot from the waist up. Got it. 

“Not Hayden… not Hayden… not Hayden… Hayden!  Not Hayden…”

3 hours ago, paigow said:

THAT was her opportunity to attack a distracted Vader

And weakened! So yeah, dumb.

Edited by kay1864
  • Love 1
(edited)

Still the learner after all, Vader! Obi-Wan may not be able to beat him in a duel, but he still knows how to play him! His need for victory/revenge is still his biggest blind spot.

So good to see Hayden in the Anakin flashback!

Glad Haja came back, I like him.

I so called Reva being a former youngling. But the part I didn’t expect was her moving up in the Empire for the sole purpose of taking out Vader, not so much that she turned against her own kind, despite her understandable bitterness towards Obi-Wan. That makes her slightly more sympathetic, although (like Anakin) her need for revenge was so great she didn’t care about all the innocent people she helped kill. I wonder if Obi-Wan was playing her just to buy time; he couldn’t have really expected her to take him out. If so, then well played.

Man, Kylo Ren really was a little bitch compared to Vader. He Force-grabbed that decoy ship like it was nothing. And his fight with Reva was so effortless. And the Grand Inquisitor is alive after all, so people can stop griping about that.

Noooooo, Tala!!! RIP, you went out Rogue One-style.

Sure, Bail’s message was plot contrivance, but I’m going to allow it. Of course he’s be worried if he hasn’t heard from Obi-Wan, he’s a father for God’s sake and of course he’d feel obligated to look out for Luke if anything happened. And even though hand8ng the communicator to Haja was dumb, Obi-Wan wasn’t sure if he was coming back, it all depended on Reva. It’s natural not to think straight in hectic times.

Hope Obi-Wan gets his butt back to Tatooine, because what’s going to happen with Reva is anyone’s guess. Please let us get Force Ghost Qui-Gon in the finale!

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, kay1864 said:

I think we’re supposed to conclude that Obi-Wan just knew that Vader would keep the (automated) ship from leaving, and then he would be so tuckered out that he wouldn’t be able to pull the real ship back.
I think.

It would have been a lot smarter for the people just standing around waiting for the hanger to open (solved by a 10yo girl, BTW) to actually have gotten on the ship while waiting, so they could have taken off before Vader got there. But hey, this show doesn't do logic.

But timing apparently isn't anyone's strong point ... Reva. Yes, wait until Vader is just standing there, doing nothing.

And Vader, tsk tsk. Leaving enemies alive.

But you have to love the dimwit stormtroopers all standing outside the blast door, easy targets for say ... a grenade? No, wait - hold on to that, Tela, until later when you can't take out as many.

Sigh.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Ottis said:

It would have been a lot smarter for the people just standing around waiting for the hanger to open (solved by a 10yo girl, BTW) to actually have gotten on the ship while waiting, so they could have taken off before Vader got there. But hey, this show doesn't do logic.

But timing apparently isn't anyone's strong point ... Reva. Yes, wait until Vader is just standing there, doing nothing.

And Vader, tsk tsk. Leaving enemies alive.

But you have to love the dimwit stormtroopers all standing outside the blast door, easy targets for say ... a grenade? No, wait - hold on to that, Tela, until later when you can't take out as many.

Sigh.

Yep, just too much stupid for me to really enjoy this episode (or even the series). The only part of this episode I enjoyed was Anakin/Obi-Wan lightsaber training.  So heartwarming to see two actors so comfortable and warm with each other. 
Everything else was Somewhere between meh and  🙄 🤦‍♀️

• Love 3
16 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Why didn’t Obi Wan just destroy that communicator that contained vital information, which didn’t need to be kept, since he knew Bail would take care of Luke. 

I thought he kept it so that Bail could send future messages if needed. 

15 hours ago, Cirien said:

The fact that Obi-Wan couldn't answer Reva when she asks him if they want the same thing. If Obi-Wan truly wants to kill Anakin is heart-breaking to me. After all of this, he can't say that he wants to. 

It reminds of Return of the Jedi, when Luke thinks there's a chance that Vader might be able to return to the light from the dark side. 

15 hours ago, raven said:

Sometimes watching is an odd experience - you know Leia, Obi-Wan and Anakin/Vader will continue on, so the tension is in side characters the viewer may or may not care about and/or the interest in how the heroes will get out of their predicament. 

I would disagree because while we know some of the characters continue on, we don't know how. For fun at one point, I was reading a book on Fidel Castro and the Cuban Revolution. At the start of the book, I knew he was going to win, but I didn't know exactly how he was going to win. To me, this series is like that. I know which characters are going to survive and where they end up, but I don't know exactly how they are going to get there. I am interested in how the heroes will get out of thier predicament. 

13 hours ago, absnow54 said:

On top of that, the Grand Inquisitor that Reva killed IN THE SAME WAY, has just revealed himself to still be alive, and said that his hunger for revenge kept him alive, which Reva has proven to have in spades. Y'all need to stop monologuing so much, and start chopping off some heads. 

Clearly they have not read the Evil Overlord List. 

8 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Geez, they should have just left it at tracker. I could buy that LOLA had a built in tracking feature that Reva could exploit. That that little button she installed could also program LOLA to locate the controls for the hanger door and cut the cables is ridiculous. What kind of data link is that? Is there video streaming with someone manually controlling LOLA a million parsecs away?

I was going to post a version of this question. My understanding was that Reva attached a tracking device to LOLA, sort of like putting a Tile or an Apple AirTag on it. That to me made sense and I was more than willing to roll with it. They lost me when LOLA turned "evil," which raised all sorts of questions: What is LOLA? What can she do? Does she have useful or practical purpose? Is she more a toy that reacts to what the owner says and/or to motion? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:
14 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Y'all need to stop monologuing so much, and start chopping off some heads. 

Clearly they have not read the Evil Overlord List.

I thought that the Evil Overlord List requires monologuing?

5736B9A7-62D5-44C6-9532-1E15660B0966.jpeg

• LOL 4

I forgot to mention that the whole moment with Tala and the grenade gave me major Game of Thrones flashback to the episode The Door when the heroes were saved by a timely grenade denonated by a beloved secondary character. Seemed appropriate since the actress also has a connection to Game of Thrones.

• Love 3

I understand what is going with Obi-Wan's mission for Bail even less after this episode than I did before this episode. Why did Obi-Wan and Bail agree to no communication? Why does Bail have a way to communicate with Obi-Wan but not Obi-Wan with Bail? Or could Obi-Wan use the device to communicate with Bail, but just chose not to despite the moments he was on a spaceship in transit and away from any chance the Empire would overhear?

The show cannot make me care about Reva or worry about Luke. I have seen the future.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:
18 hours ago, Cirien said:

It reminds of Return of the Jedi, when Luke thinks there's a chance that Vader might be able to return to the light from the dark side. 

I think if Anakin still looked like Anakin and Obi-Wan had that to contend with it would be a lot more difficult for him and he would want to try and turn him back. Vader doesn't look like Anakin, Vader is a horrible mask and half-robotic suit who only wants revenge. Everyone focuses on Vader's redemption back to Anakin, but Obi-Wan literally did everything he could up to and including dying to protect the Skywalker kids.  I mean who the hell willingly goes to work in a non-unionized meat packing plant for years to watch over a kid who lives in a sand igloo raised by a snarky uncle? I know Obi-Wan loved Anakin, but he was there for the horrible turn to the darkside, he knows there's no coming back.  Did anyone else notice how incredibly long they had the padawan braid on Hayden in this episode? It's like he was the oldest padawan in history, no one wanted to promote this guy! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

Sorry but Reva has plot armour all over her. She survives being stabbed as a youngling, survives a thermal grenade, and then survives being stabbed through again? Rage or anger does not justify this survival. As a youngling she certainly didn’t have it.Here I can see the revenge stuff fuelling her anger to live, maybe if she had some medical help but she’s left alone. She should have died right there.  Qiu Gon is like “seriously”? 

Nice to see Hayden , but come on Disney spring some money for better de aging or at least better makeup/lighting/camera effects. 40 does not look 20.

Taila! Why did they kill her off. She was one of the best new characters. 
Vaders flaw is his arrogance etc. I said this when he let Kenobi go . He thought he could play with his food and now may not get another chance. 

Edited by rtms77
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

I understand what is going with Obi-Wan's mission for Bail even less after this episode than I did before this episode. Why did Obi-Wan and Bail agree to no communication? Why does Bail have a way to communicate with Obi-Wan but not Obi-Wan with Bail? Or could Obi-Wan use the device to communicate with Bail, but just chose not to despite the moments he was on a spaceship in transit and away from any chance the Empire would overhear?

Obi-Wan can contact Bail - he told us that he had done so immediately after rescuing Leia the first time, so Bail knows that Obi-Wan found Leia and is trying to get her home. He doesn't know what is taking so long, which is why he is freaking out that something has gone wrong and that Luke too may be in danger (which, ironically, is now true because of his freakout). They agreed to no communication because all communication is dangerous, carrying with it the risk of interception, the risk of that message falling into the wrong hands - as, indeed, has now happened. Reva getting hold of the message Bail sent (which Obi-Wan really should have deleted) is exactly why there shouldn't have been any communication at all. But it is hard to fault Bail for being agitated.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, sashabear21 said:

Did anyone else notice how incredibly long they had the padawan braid on Hayden in this episode? It's like he was the oldest padawan in history, no one wanted to promote this guy! 

To be fair, Obi Wan was a padawan until he was 28(ish) and Anakin became a Jedi knight during the Clone Wars when he was 20(ish)

I honestly think that for the light saber scene, the entire crew got really drunk and hacked up some bad Halloween wigs to stuff on them and dared the actors to do their favorite light saber stunts until they got enough footage. Still not complaining. I didn’t think anything could top Leia under a trench coat, but then this sweet gem got delivered. 

• LOL 5