Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Part V

• Start Topic

I can’t help but watch those flashback scenes and think they would have made the perfect introduction to their characters in AOTC. Like after it is suggested that Padme be guarded by a friend instead of specifically naming Obi Wan and Anakin, they cut to them sparring with each other. They show so much of their dynamic in such a little amount of time.

The message was a bad idea by Bail but as others have stated the last he heard they were supposed to be on their way at least a day or two ago. Now he has to assume things have gone wrong and that it is two dangerous for Obi Wan to communicate or even try to get to Alderaan. I think Bail sees this as letting Obi Wan know to stay hidden as long as needed to keep Leia safe and is assuring Obi Wan that Luke will be taken care of. 

So I am wondering now how all this is going to end? He is on a ship with no good hyperdrive being chased by Vader. He needs to get Leia back to Alderaan. Then there is Reva with the information bout Luke so he has to get to her before she gets to Luke. This all needs to be done in one more episode. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

The message Bail sent Obi-Wan was stupid him even mentioning children. Obi-Wan not taking better care of it was stupid as well. This is how Palpatine was able to play everyone all those years. We did have some dopes running around the galaxy lol.

this. The minute we saw the message, I thought Bail had horrible security protocol. He didn't need to say Tatooine or Owen's name. Just "l'll go to the place and help out you know." Ben obviously knows where etc. Loose lips sink ships people!

• Like 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ybrik said:

I can’t help but watch those flashback scenes and think they would have made the perfect introduction to their characters in AOTC. Like after it is suggested that Padme be guarded by a friend instead of specifically naming Obi Wan and Anakin, they cut to them sparring with each other. They show so much of their dynamic in such a little amount of time.

The message was a bad idea by Bail but as others have stated the last he heard they were supposed to be on their way at least a day or two ago. Now he has to assume things have gone wrong and that it is two dangerous for Obi Wan to communicate or even try to get to Alderaan. I think Bail sees this as letting Obi Wan know to stay hidden as long as needed to keep Leia safe and is assuring Obi Wan that Luke will be taken care of. 

So I am wondering now how all this is going to end? He is on a ship with no good hyperdrive being chased by Vader. He needs to get Leia back to Alderaan. Then there is Reva with the information bout Luke so he has to get to her before she gets to Luke. This all needs to be done in one more episode. 

Waaaaaait  a second. Wasn't the whole reason that Padme's ship had to land on Tatooine because they had a damaged hyperdrive? 

And with the whole theory that's going around on twitter that the episodes are paralleling Episodes 1-VI, and given that Episode VI starts on Tatooine could we a return to Tatooine for not just Reva, to get Luke but also for Leia? 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I thought Bail had horrible security protocol

If they do this right, in my fanwanking mind, Bail learns a lesson about secrecy which leads him to some spy skills and down the path of the Rebellion. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

So, there is only one episode left. Unfortunately, like with pretty much every Star Wars thing I ever watched, I often feel like there is the promise of an interesting show or movie and character development, and then I walk away, unsatisfied and vaguely disappointed. This one is not much different. It all feels so padded because the plot is so paper thin and full of gargantuan holes.

The editing in the locations is weird. I didn't understand how they have a big hole in the ceiling and Darth Vader couldn't just fly in there. Why walk through a long tunnel to get to Obi-Wan? Why even put Obi-Wan there? Why were they standing around instead of waiting in the space ship other than go add some drama while taking me out of it all while I wonder why they don't wait IN the ship so they don't waste time they don't have? Where did the second ship come from? Was there even room for it? 

I would have loved to see Hayden Christiansen do something more than a fight scene where we see his face, but again, I'm walking away fairly empty. I often get what they're going for but the follow-through is just so very lacking. And this was a good episode compared to the rest.

The scene where Obi-Wan finds out what Reva is all about was excellent. Finally, Moses Ingram got something to do and she didn't disappoint.

Ewan McGregor's acting is wonderful but it sticks out like a sore thumb among most of this mediocrity, weird editing, weird direction, weird character decisions. And then nostalgia has to stand in for engaging plot lines and characters. And Darth Vader's breathing.

I guess this won't make me a Star Wars fan either. I started with the Clone Wars but it's pretty much a kids show and the promised character development is again, paper thin. Not for me.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 6/15/2022 at 2:16 AM, Bill1978 said:

And your droid. What is it with me feeling emotion over something that has no emotion?

Some of the Star Wars droids have more personality than the actual actors ;-p IG-11, K2S-O, BB8, R2D2, L3-37 come to mind. RIP Ned-B!

On 6/15/2022 at 12:37 AM, tkc said:

Too bad Obi-Wan’s training seemed to consist mostly of saying “you’re really lacking, you’ll be better when you fix that.”

If you are watching this, obviously you have D+. In one of Disney Gallery round table discussions of The Mandalorian, Dave Filoni has a very interesting take on why Obi-Wan taking over Anakin's training after the death of Qui-Gon Jinn was disastrous. He basically says that Anakin lost his father figure when Qui-Gon died, and Obi-Wan was more like an older brother. You can really see that in that flashback. His almost flippant "you're still a padawan" kiss off just serves to fuel Anakin's frustration.

That fight between Reva and DV was everything!!!!! He was so calm just working her over - he barely moved! So badass!!!!! And coupled with the flashbacks to Obi-Wan teaching him use the force that way - perfection. I do feel bad that Obi-Wan basically manipulated her into attacking DV in that moment when I don't think she would have tried right then without him goading her into it, but I don't think it would matter in the long run when DV knew who she was anyway. She was never going to get him. DV absolutely ripping that ship to shreds with the Force was epic. Love, love, loved it!!!!

How dumb was Jimmy Smits in that message? Why even mention Luke at all? How about "I need an update. Call me back." Geez - he's a politician! Be more sly when you are relaying top secret messages! Also, if you are trying to make a quick getaway - why not load everyone  into the ship instead of all of them just hovering in the cave until the last minute? But this is just quibbling - I really loved this episode. This show is really killing it with the light saber duels!

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

How dumb was Jimmy Smits in that message? Why even mention Luke at all? How about "I need an update. Call me back." Geez - he's a politician! Be more sly when you are relaying top secret messages!

I'm surprised he didn't refer to "the boy" as "Luke Skywalker" to knock Reva out from the plot anvil when she uncovered the message.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

My idea that Reva should have already found Luke while looking for Obi-Wan by searching back through his contacts may have been overkill, but now that we know that Vader was her real quarry all along, I repeat my assertion. If you're trying to take down someone that powerful, you need every weapon you can get, so you'd want to know absolutely everything about him to find any possible weakness. If she'd done some research around his origins, she could have learned that he'd been a slave and that his mother is a likely emotional trigger, and if she'd done that research, she'd have already found Owen (and known who he was when she did talk to him) and therefore Luke -- and wouldn't the knowledge of Vader's son, that Vader doesn't even know about, be a useful weapon? Of course, we already know that whatever she plans to do with Bail's voice mail, Vader doesn't learn about Luke's existence until he blows up the Death Star, and we know that Vader lives until the end of Return of the Jedi, so we know she won't be successful, but I feel like it doesn't fit her character for her not to already have all this info.

But this is an issue with trying to fit new stories into the existing continuity when both past and future events have already been ordained. It's hard to make this story work if she knows because that makes it more likely for Vader to find out, and we already know that Vader doesn't find out.

The knowledge of who has to survive this show and who is more of a question mark was more of a dread than a relief this week, since we know Vader lives, so we know he had to beat Reva. Not that I'm on Team Reva, but when it comes to Vader I have to side with her, and she did get a rather raw deal. I was shuddering when she talked about hiding among the bodies of her friends, since that sort of thing has happened so recently in the real world (and thus the content warning at the beginning). The scene between Reva and Obi-Wan was absolutely gripping.

2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

In one of Disney Gallery round table discussions of The Mandalorian, Dave Filoni has a very interesting take on why Obi-Wan taking over Anakin's training after the death of Qui-Gon Jinn was disastrous. He basically says that Anakin lost his father figure when Qui-Gon died, and Obi-Wan was more like an older brother. You can really see that in that flashback. His almost flippant "you're still a padawan" kiss off just serves to fuel Anakin's frustration.

I've always felt like it was unfair to stick Obi-Wan with Anakin. It was controversial even for Qui-Gon to take Anakin on. They had serious reservations about Anakin. He had so much power but no discipline, and he was starting training so late that he hadn't grown up with the Jedi mindset, and then they had a guy right out of his own training take him on. I'm not sure Obi-Wan stood a chance. They were close enough in age to be more like brothers than truly like a mentor and pupil, and I'm not sure Anakin ever really fully respected Obi-Wan as a master. As we saw in the flashback here, there was always an element of rivalry there that I don't think would have existed between Anakin and Qui-Gon if Qui-Gon had lived. The Jedi Council maybe should have assigned a more senior Jedi to tag team the training. Let Obi-Wan handle a lot of the day-to-day stuff, but also have a more senior authority figure there for guidance.

• Love 10

I recognize the holes/silliness, but I'm still having a great time. Bummed that there's only one episode left, but I'm excited to see how it all resolves.

I loved Leia walking around all, "I am a princess of Alderaan, so you get me a ladder when I tell you to get me a ladder!"

That Anakin-Obi-Wan sparring flashback was everything, and I liked how the scene was woven throughout the episode. Anakin was mostly tiresome for me in the prequels, but here, I'm finally feeling the relationship he and Obi-Wan used to have and why, regardless of everything he's done, Obi-Wan doesn't want to commit to having to kill him.

Oh man, this episode was Darth Vader in his PRIME! First dragging a whole-ass ship out of the sky, then dueling Reva WITHOUT a light saber for the brunt of their fight. For me, that scene definitely surpasses Rogue One and the fight with Obi-Wan in episode 3 as the most Evil Badass Vader moment in the franchise.

Tala!! And Ned-B!! No! How does Star Wars get me every time?

We were all speculating about it earlier, but god, Reva's talk with Obi-Wan about Order 66, and the flashback, was so disturbing. Especially when she talked about thinking at first that Anakin was there to help them, and having to lie down beside her friends' bodies and play dead. I totally get why Disney Plus added the disclaimer at the start of the episode.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

I don't understand why the Star Wars PTB feel the need to kill off an awesome new character like Tala after only a few episodes?  IMO Star Wars has a problem with going to the same well of characters for the last 40 years. One of the few times where they seem to have taken a chance on new blood was when they introduced Mando and Grogu - and look how well that has worked out.  That got new people into Star Wars, people like me, who quite frankly don't give a rat's ass about the various old time characters unless it's in relation to Grogu or Mando. I hadn't been able to care much about anybody here until I liked Tala so much rightaway. And she is gone already.  It boggles my mind how inbred this universe is and couple that with the racist and plain nasty streak in this fandom - it makes you want to run for the hills.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

Those last scenes with Vader taking down the ship and fighting Reva were just really, really fun to watch. Ned-B shielding Tala was such a sweet moment. Wasn't super attached to Tala, I liked her but figured it was only a matter of time before she died and she went out like a boss. Very enjoyable episode.

• Applause 2
  • Love 3
On 6/15/2022 at 2:33 AM, paigow said:

If there were 2 ships in the hangar all this time, why were all those people still there????

This.

Plus, why were they not all loaded up on the ships, ready to leave instead of standing around until the last minute?

On 6/15/2022 at 12:16 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Sure enough, Tala dies after getting shot and sacrificing herself to save everyone else but, again, it's really because she's played by Indira Varma, and Indira Varma is not allowed to live for long on television.  She and Sean Bean need to star in a show together where each episode ends with both of them dying.

Make it a Highlander type drama cutting across many time periods. I'd watch it.

• Love 6

Vader tearing apart that ship was awesome! He was cool in his a calm fight with Reva. I love how for most of it he wasn't even using a lightsabre.

So Reva was the youngling like most of us guessed. I figured she was but couldn't figure out why she hated Obi Wan. So she blames him for Anakin becomig Vader. I liked that he knew from the beginning she was youngling and had the Grand Inquisitor with him. I am surprised Vader didn't finish her off. 

Obi Wan is getting closer to the Jedi he was. I love his duel with Anakin in the flashback.  That was how Anakin fought.  

I love Leia. She doesn't ask or volunteer to help just get a ladder.

Thank you show for having a character admit they couldn't fit in the shaft. It happens all the time in TV and Movieland even though no one builds a shaft big enough to fit a grown man or woman.

Happy to see Haja back. Hated to see Tala go. She was so cool.

I wonder what everything was that was written on the walls.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Hated to see Tala go. She was so cool.

I really wanted to see her mentor Leia in a future Leia Organa series, centering around Leia's rise to both the Imperial Senate and as a rebel leader.

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I really wanted to see her mentor Leia in a future Leia Organa series, centering around Leia's rise to both the Imperial Senate and as a rebel leader.

Me too. That would have been great.

• Love 4
On 6/15/2022 at 8:02 PM, kay1864 said:

So not when walking, or when standing full body, or when fighting. Just when emoting, and only when shot from the waist up. Got it. 

“Not Hayden… not Hayden… not Hayden… Hayden!  Not Hayden…”

And weakened! So yeah, dumb.

Weakened how

4 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I wouldn't mind the further/future adventures of young Leia. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

He was cool in his a calm fight with Reva. I love how for most of it he wasn't even using a lightsabre.

That was maybe my favorite moment with Darth Vader. He barely even moved. Just his wrists and hands! And when Reva fired up that double sided whirling light saber and he just calmly took it from her - WHAT! And then broke it in half and gave it back to her! WHAT! So boss!

7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I wonder what everything was that was written on the walls.  

If you are really interested, I follow Nerdist on social media and they break down what the writing is. But I am sure there is no shortage of fan sites that do that as well.....

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

That was maybe my favorite moment with Darth Vader. He barely even moved. Just his wrists and hands! And when Reva fired up that double sided whirling light saber and he just calmly took it from her - WHAT! And then broke it in half and gave it back to her! WHAT! So boss!

Me too. It was so awesome.

If you are really interested, I follow Nerdist on social media and they break down what the writing is. But I am sure there is no shortage of fan sites that do that as well.....

I'll check it out. Thanks.

Order 66 missed a literal boatload of Jedis... based on the giant box of laser swords...

These Jedi must have watched a version of Shawshank Redemption because they were compelled to sign their names on walls at every stop on the Underground Railroad...

• Love 1
On 6/15/2022 at 9:10 AM, dwmarch said:

To quote another sci-fi franchise, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't ya think? I wish they had explicitly called out that this pack of rebels had but a single grenade and Tala was carrying it. Otherwise it would have been a much shorter fight.

Of course, the same goes for the Empire, who had a giant gun working on the door but did not bother firing it through the door once it was open. And who also forgot their grenades. I guess Stormtroopers can't be trusted with area effect weaponry but there were at least a couple of elite troopers there.

I suspect the Imperials didn't use grenades or their big gun because they were dealing with force sensitive people actually. Obi-Wan was deflecting their blaster shots back at them imagine what he could do with a grenade. Plus a big chunk of the rest of the group could be force sensitive as well.

Besides would you actually trust Storm Troopers with grenades? They are liable to drop on on their foot and take out half their own platoon.

I suspect that's why Tala held on to hers too so Reva couldn't redirect it at Obi-Wan. She was also clearly aiming to take out the tunnel itself not just a couple troopers. That's why she held it up so it would be closer to the ceiling. I also suspect she carried the grenade less for attacking and more as a failsafe in case they tried to take her as a prisoner. 

• Love 6

Really dumb of Reva to think that she can kill Vader by striking him with a lightsaber behind his back.  This guy can feel force movements and has Spider sense.  Come on now.

And how can she not be dead if she had a lightsaber stuck right through her?  I guess the Grand Inquisitor is alive, so who knows.  

Vader being able to pull down the spaceship and then just rip it open with the force was impressive.  

Sad there is only one episode left.  Seems like a lot to wrap up in just one show.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

If nothing else, this series has demonstrated that Hayden Christensen is a good actor when he has competent direction and dialogue to work with. I’m very pleased to see that. And he seems happy to be there. 

• Like 3
  • Love 10

Vader fighting just using the force was the coolest Star Wars thing I have seen in a long time.

On 6/15/2022 at 7:35 PM, kay1864 said:

Yeah really, just cut open a freaking doorway!

Why did they even have to land. Destroy the whole base from orbit and your good to go. We know in Star wars they can remotely tell if a place has any life signs.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Destroy the whole base from orbit and your good to go. We know in Star wars they can remotely tell if a place has any life signs.

Princess Ripley Prime Directive...

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I was getting a little rankled at first in the Kenobi/pre-chopped Anakin duel scene because the only canon I'm firm on is that Anakin could never beat Kenobi even during the Face-Off episode of Clone Wars. And then Kenobi beats him without a saber! It was cool to see Vader do the same thing, but it also reinforced that Vader was always Kenobi's bitch. 

It's kind of laughable that Reva thought she had a shot against Vader. I mean it's not like he's going to be training any of them. The Grand Inquisitor lost to a much greener Kanan who had minimal training at best. I could wave around a saber when literally only three other people had them, and she certainly isn't really learning the ways of the Force from anyone. If Vader thought she had reasonable potential, he'd be grooming her as an apprentice. 

I'm not letting Kenobi off the hook, the 'training' was never much more than a promise to Qui-Gon, and Kenobi wasn't in any position to actually do the mentoring part of training. To be fair, they both were Palpatine's bitches running around ragged across the galaxy to fight a meaningless war. On the other hand, I still think Kenobi should have argued harder to promote Anakin to Master. 

Lots of interesting material to ponder in this episode. We also got a proto-rebels shoot out and hack the breaker to open the door and get out of there escape. 

I do like the show being subtle about Kenobi being manipulative. I thought he did feel bad Reva had to be there when Anakin killed all the kids, but he used her straight up right after that to get him and Leia away. Reminds me of 'from a certain point of view.' 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I do like the show being subtle about Kenobi being manipulative. I thought he did feel bad Reva had to be there when Anakin killed all the kids, but he used her straight up right after that to get him and Leia away. Reminds me of 'from a certain point of view.' 

Well, in fairness, Reva’s past does not excuse her actions. She didn’t care how many innocent people she helped capture and murder it took to rise in the ranks and get close enough to Vader. She’s become who she despises. So I don’t have a huge problem with Obi-Wan taking advantage of that: if he hadn’t, Leia and everyone else would be dead.

• Love 9
(edited)

Reva also *didn't* want him there to help her take down Anakin/Vader. She didn't trust that he could make the call to end him. She placed him in the bunker (un)secured precisely so that he could flee. I think it was always her plan that she would be standing alone to (in her mind) make the killing blow. 

Edited by Cirien
  • Love 3

Oh for sure. She even snarled at him "I didn't need anyone's help to get here and don't need yours now". Kenobi got that though and leveraged her arrogance against her. "He'll be so fixed on me he won't even see you coming." Let her believe that he wouldn't be able to finish Vader off, whether he could or not. 

• Love 4
On 6/15/2022 at 4:35 PM, kay1864 said:

It was the special Eeeeeevil model restraining bolt.

A59EF02B-8051-46DB-B89D-D6CD57D2E027.jpeg.444c7d6475beaaf5fcf23c7384cf1721.jpeg

On 6/16/2022 at 11:22 AM, Ilovepie said:

I do feel bad that Obi-Wan basically manipulated her into attacking DV in that moment

She would have had more of a chance if she (1) kept quiet and (2) just ignited her saber into Vader’s head. Instead she yelled and swung at him. Of course he’s got plot armor and also way more Force power than her, but still.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 6/25/2022 at 11:48 AM, arc said:

She would have had more of a chance if she (1) kept quiet and (2) just ignited her saber into Vader’s head. Instead she yelled and swung at him. Of course he’s got plot armor and also way more Force power than her, but still.

She has been playing the long game, but Obi-Wan tapped into her emotions. I think that unsettled her and put her off her game. I don't think it's plot armor in this instance - he's way more powerful than her, and knew who she was, plus, he had the Grand Inquisitor to tell him she was a traitor. Even without Obi-Wan, I think her time with the Inquisitors was numbered......

• Love 1

This episode was alright but the contrivances and predictability make it less enjoyable.  It's ridiculous that Obi-wan would be so careless with that transmission with sensitive information on it and that Reva would pick it up.  Not to mention that tracker on Lola and Leia somehow knowing how to fix the wires.  

I was disappointed they killed off Tala.  If there had been a second season, she's the one I would have been interested in seeing again. 

Yet they had Darth Vader and the Grand Inquisitor leaving Reva alive.  Her backstory does not excuse all the cruel acts she committed to get close enough to Darth Vader to kill him.  I still don't like her and she should have died instead of Tala, but no, Reva is considered more interesting because she's morally grey.

I did like the flashback between Obi-wan and Anakin, if only to see the actors working together, not the tired "parallels" they tried to draw with the present-day situation.  The best part of this show was getting these actors back.  I wish they could have created a story which could have showcased that more.  An alternate timeline storyline would have been more interesting.  We knew Reva wouldn't have killed/destroyed Darth.

I wonder what they have planned for the final episode.

• Like 2
On 6/25/2022 at 12:48 PM, arc said:

A59EF02B-8051-46DB-B89D-D6CD57D2E027.jpeg.444c7d6475beaaf5fcf23c7384cf1721.jpeg

She never had a chance against Vader. But she could have at least gone for a surprise attack. 

I'm liking the show, although it's very frustrating for me because it's so Disneyfied and the writing is pretty bad. I will always love Obi-Wan (and Ewan's performance of him is always so lovely, complex, and moving), but this story has been so uneven thus far, and this episode as well. The plot holes were bigger than Star Destroyers!

But I know we're not supposed to care, because look how cute Leia is, and how brave! I do love her but I kind of hate what they're doing with Leia here. I'm just annoyed at how transparent it is. For some reason, I found Grogu a lot less pandering, oddly enough. Leia just feels forced to me here.

Poor Indira. She's so beautiful and talented, so I always love seeing her when she's cast in things, but sure enough, she got Beaned. Or Indiraed, since it always happens to her characters.

On 6/15/2022 at 7:10 AM, dwmarch said:

I liked that too. Vader has so little regard for Reva that he didn't even bother picking up a lightsaber until about three quarters of the way through the fight. But add me to the count of folks who don't understand why he left her alive.

Because the writers needed him to. Seriously, there's zero other reason. We've seen Vader casually kill plenty of people so his "I will leave you alive to suffer" just rang so fricking false to me.

On 6/15/2022 at 7:18 AM, ShadowHunter said:

Very nice seeing Hayden again. They have him so use him a bit and they did. It was good seeing Anakin again. Though Vader has moments in the suit where I felt Anakin in him. 

I was happy to see Hayden again, and thought he did a nice job in the scene with Obi-Wan (and to echo @thuganomics85, the warmth between the two actors is really lovely and instantly palpable). I always felt sad that he was so eviscerated for the prequels because I thought he did as well as anyone could do, and he had a nice genuinely conflicted, complex energy. He was able to communicate an underlying darkness very easily.

Unfortunately, he was also (visibly) badly directed and working with some absolutely terrible dialogue. Seriously, no actor could save that "sand" conversation. Meryl Streep couldn't have saved it. But Hayden had done some nice work in other things, so the fact that Star Wars seemed to drive him away from acting entirely was really sad to me. It's nice to see him back.

On 6/15/2022 at 12:16 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Heh, Haja Estree is back and thrown in with the gang now.  I know Kumail Nanjiani is an acquired taste, but I'm getting a kick out of him being in this universe (similar to Bill Burr on The Mandalorian.)

I like Kumail in this, but then again, I always like him. He brings a nice combination of humor and gravitas here -- I just wish he was in it more.

On 6/15/2022 at 2:08 PM, tennisgurl said:

I loved seeing the flashback to young Obi-Wan and Anakin, it really seems like Hayden Christensen and Ewan McGregor like working together, they have nice chemistry when they aren't being saddled with that terrible prequel dialogue. I also thought it fed nicely into Reeva asking Obi-Wan if he really wanted to kill Anakin or not, its really heartbreaking to see how their relationship has ended up being. Ewan did a great job showing the conflict all over his face, even after everything that has happened, he cant imagine wanting to kill Anakin. This is one of the reasons I was so excited about this show, Ewan getting to portray Obi-Wan at this time is great to see. 

I know that Kumail Nanjiani's brand of comedy isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoy him being here providing some comedy in what is a pretty serious show.  

Ditto to all of the above. And because Ewan is SUCH a great actor, we really do feel that sadness and despair at how far Anakin has fallen.

On 6/15/2022 at 3:15 PM, magdalene said:

I will say her heroic death and her droid friend protecting her to the bitter end moved me like nothing else in this show has.  I haven't managed to form an emotional connection with the show.

I felt exactly the same. I was extra-bummed because I was totally shipping Tala and Obi-Wan (WHY WON'T THEY LET HIM KISS ANYONE DAMMIT), but I also absolutely knew she was gonna be toast. But that scene (and her droid) was really moving.

I hope Indira and Ewan get to act in something else together, where he's allowed to kiss her and she won't expire moments after.

On 6/15/2022 at 8:01 AM, tkc said:

This totally suckered me and was BRILLIANT. I did feel bad for the poor lamp! I anthropomorphize everything! Do not get me started on the TOY STORY movies.

On 6/15/2022 at 4:47 PM, paigow said:

like chumps

1. Hold grenade clearly visible to enemies so they can retreat
  2. Do not THROW it towards retreating enemies
  3. Inflict 0 damage on enemies

This irritated me so much! It was so damn STUPID! It was one of several moments in this episode that had me rolling my eyes and yelling at the screen. I was extra-irritated because I was so genuinely moved for poor Tala. But SHEESH.

On 6/15/2022 at 9:09 PM, kay1864 said:

I thought that the Evil Overlord List requires monologuing?

5736B9A7-62D5-44C6-9532-1E15660B0966.jpeg

Nope! In fact, he will NOT monologue:

6. I will not gloat over my enemies' predicament before killing them.

7. When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll say, "No." and shoot him. No, on second thought I'll shoot him then say "No."

• Like 1
  • Love 3