Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Paging Dr. Nipples

• Start Topic

The wait is finally over for the tired deck team as they welcome the arrival of new deckhand Barnaby. However, the interior are still understaffed as they’re given the most challenging guests yet. Gary jumps to the rescue as an empty neighboring boat drags into another boat nearby. In the galley, Marcos shines again as he caters to the demanding guests with ease, but his crew worries that he’s burning himself out. With their relentless requests and endless complaints, the guests fully push Daisy to the edge.

Airdate: 05.09.2022

There is usually a week off between the 1st and 2nd half of the B.D. seasons.  And I love Summer House so YAY a marathon of the episodes is ok in my book ❤️

Besides I need a break from thirsty, tired ass Ashley 🤢

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

How am I supposed to start my week appropriately without the drunken hijinks of BD?  

I could text you after my weekly Tuesday Night Supper Club, referred to as the TNSC, every Tuesday I have a friend over for an elaborate dinner and we drink a bottle of Prosecco, hilarity ensues and a lot of giggling but no hooking up and no weird mind games either.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I could text you after my weekly Tuesday Night Supper Club, referred to as the TNSC, every Tuesday I have a friend over for an elaborate dinner and we drink a bottle of Prosecco, hilarity ensues and a lot of giggling but no hooking up and no weird mind games either.

Thanks, Betty -- you're a pal! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I wonder if the Bravo folks that bungled the N word debacle in the last BD season is frantically trying to figure out what to do about the (attempted?) rape of Gary before airing further episodes.

• Useful 1
On 5/4/2022 at 10:51 AM, lcarolynl said:

I wonder if the Bravo folks that bungled the N word debacle in the last BD season is frantically trying to figure out what to do about the (attempted?) rape of Gary before airing further episodes.

Good point. Men would never be allowed to aggressively and sexually pursue a coworker. Ashley puts her needs above everyone else and cant grasp how inappropriate she is.

workmate

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I’m trying to think if this is the fastest I’ve hated guests - Bloody Mary with SHRIMP (repeated every time Daisy repeated the order) and bacon.   Go away.

These charter guests may be in a tie with Chuck and whatever her name was for the worst guests ever.  

Even the non-primary guests seem like entitled assholes.  

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

These charter guests may be in a tie with Chuck and whatever her name was for the worst guests ever.  

Even the non-primary guests seem like entitled assholes.  

OMG!!..They are ALL horrible!! No respect for ANY of them because they have NO respect for other humans!

Having said that...I love Marcos!! He cracks me up...and he is an awesome chef!!!!

• Love 17

“Gary jumps to the rescue as an empty neighbouring boat drags into another boat nearby”……..did this happen, or was I snoozing during the episode.  Horrid entitled guests and imagine eating those huge rich dinners at 11pm ish 😧

• Love 11
1 minute ago, endure said:

“Gary jumps to the rescue as an empty neighbouring boat drags into another boat nearby”……..did this happen, or was I snoozing during the episode.  Horrid entitled guests and imagine eating those huge rich dinners at 11pm ish 😧

I sure didn't see it!!!

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, endure said:

I wonder if this is the description for next week's episode.  This week, there was no rescue and Daisy was the one frazzled with all the service demands.  (Absolutely ridiculous, over the top demands.  Most wealthy people have more class and manners than that, as do most humans in general). Marcos was doing lots of elaborate meals with little sleep, but held up well, up to the end of this episode.

I am living for all the work Ashley has to do, now that she has driven off Gabriela. It sounds like Daisy was trying to put a stop to her whining about ranks again in the previews for next week.  I REALLY hope this means that the new stew is assigned above Ashley.  And, of course, Gary will be attracted to her.  You made your bed, Ashley, now lie in it!

• Love 14
9 hours ago, endure said:

“Gary jumps to the rescue as an empty neighbouring boat drags into another boat nearby”……..did this happen, or was I snoozing during the episode.  

I just checked the Bravo site again, and the description is totally different.  🙄  Updated first post.

ETA: Not enough caffeine when I posted; yeah, still the reference to rescuing a boat that didn't happen.  Ok Bravo.  Thanks for nothing. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I'm going to play devil's advocate for once and pretend this is all real. The guests should feel entitled to have whatever drinks they want. There are only six of them. If they went into a bar, they would expect the bartender to make them whatever kind of drinks they want. A bartender has to make drinks for more than six people, too. And this is several notches higher than a bar. It's a luxury yacht they (theoretically) paid a lot of money to charter. It's not their fault they're down a stew, either. 

That one guy who kept insisting on that weird drink with grape juice finally got what he wanted and liked it. They also liked the food. So it's not as if they're complaining about the stuff they get, they just want what they want. And if they want to have dinner late, that should be their prerogative too. Maybe they're night owls. 

Now granted, I can see they definitely lack class and are kind of obnoxious, but they really aren't asking for anything they shouldn't be entitled to in that situation. 

On another note, why didn't they get Highly Competent Barnaby from the start, instead of Tom? Clearly Bravo hires incompetent people just for the drama. And since someone has to be the designated screw-up, I guess it's Kelsie's turn. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 14
55 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

On another note, why didn't they get Highly Competent Barnaby from the start, instead of Tom? Clearly Bravo hires incompetent people just for the drama. And since someone has to be the designated screw-up, I guess it's Kelsie's turn. 

Yeah she's been way too competent & sensible up to now.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I'm going to play devil's advocate for once and pretend this is all real. The guests should feel entitled to have whatever drinks they want. There are only six of them. If they went into a bar, they would expect the bartender to make them whatever kind of drinks they want. A bartender has to make drinks for more than six people, too. And this is several notches higher than a bar. It's a luxury yacht they (theoretically) paid a lot of money to charter. It's not their fault they're down a stew, either. 

I agree with this.  But their drinks but wow most of them had special orders that even a bartender would need time to put together.  Daisy has other things she does for the guests not just drinks.  The guests knew they were being demanding and made a comment that Daisy needed more help.  She did tell them they were a stew down.  IF he had been a decent human being, he would have backed off on the rapid-fire requests and cut her some slack.  They still would have had a high level experience, just not being dicks about it.  They knew they were being dicks.  

And yes Marcos food looks phenomenal.  Dr. Nipples offered him a "steady" job to cook for them.  That was insulating to Marcos.

• Love 14

Not only is the boat down a stew, the other stew is spending hours steaming clothes for the guests so she can't help Daisy with the drinks.

Barnaby seems like a reasonable addition to the crew - but will Ashley jump her interest from Gary to him?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Can you imagine going to Dr. Nichol’s practice with the vision of her in the nipple baring suit in your mind?  I wouldn’t care how good an injector she is, that was just classless.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

That one guy who kept insisting on that weird drink with grape juice finally got what he wanted and liked it. They also liked the food. So it's not as if they're complaining about the stuff they get, they just want what they want. And if they want to have dinner late, that should be their prerogative too. Maybe they're night owls. 

Now granted, I can see they definitely lack class and are kind of obnoxious, but they really aren't asking for anything they shouldn't be entitled to in that situation. 

All good points however that send a drink back because it's starting to get warm is a bit much (it's getting warm because you're drinking too slow).  It's rude and wasteful.  And it keeps Daisy constantly making drinks when she could be doing other stuff.  The squaking about the size of the shrimp and the bacon was rude as well. 

The guests were very complimentary on the food and they did say thank you when they finally did get their drinks.  And they did seem to realize the pressure it was putting on Daisy.  I can kinda see both sides--they guests want what they want and they shouldn't have to suffer because there's only 2 stews.  

BTW--I kinda loved seeing Ashley stuck steaming all the clothes.  She's such an unlikeable person I was kinda hoping one of the charter guests would start yelling at her *evil laugh*

Barnaby is a cutie pie and seems to be a hard worker which means we won't see him hardly any ala Kelsie and everything will be focused on dried up, thirsty ass Ashley 😡

Edited by Dirtybubble
forgot something
  • Love 13

The guests were purposefully acting like entitled assholes. I mean, who has all of their clothes unpacked & steamed when it's only a two night charter and the same clothes will then be crammed back into into suitcases?  Also, it's not what they were ordering for drinks, it's the way they were ordering them. Throwing money at Daisy?  Totally no class, new money, etc.

I like Barnaby and found his sailing background interesting. Agree that I wish he'd have been cast initially vs. Tom.

Ashley just has no shame. I loved the previews of Daisy schooling her on stripes and calling her jealous. I hope the new stew has more experience and gets all the male attention.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, NaughtyKitty said:

I was shocked (well, not really) when Ashley made the comment about having sex with Gary to the new DH.  Wow.

Ashley is clearly hedging her bets.  If she doesn't get another shot with Gary and/or the new stew catches Barnaby's interest, she wants to make sure that Barnaby knows her vajayjay is open for business.  I expect her to announce during their night out following this horrendous charter that she's horny.  Everyone except Barnaby has heard it at least two or three times by now; got to add him to the club.

These charter guests are vile.  I wouldn't think it would help Dr. Nipples' reputation for her to be so drunk that not only her boob is falling out of her top but she admits that the entire first day on the boat is a blur and she doesn't recall any of Marcos' amazing dinner.

Honestly, should Daisy be surprised that she's going to be exhausted and not getting enough sleep?  Even with the most easygoing guests, having only two stews is guaranteeing exhaustion on the interior side.  I feel badly for Marcos, as these 11 pm dinners mean he gets very little sleep.  

I guess since Barnaby is very competent, Gary has to find fault with Kelsie? 

• Love 9
(edited)

I was surprised by the description of Barnaby (by the other guys) as "very good looking." Not in my book. I did NOT understand the "jesus hair" comment, but I also don't like his hair.

And did he *really* teach Obama to wind sail or whatever it was?

TBH I would expect a yacht to have enough lounge chairs for everyone! (The guests were still jerks)

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I was surprised by the description of Barnaby (by the other guys) as "very good looking." Not in my book. I did NOT understand the "jesus hair" comment, but I also don't like his hair.

And did he *really* teach Obama to wind sail or whatever it was?

I'm sure he did, as well as anyone else he named off.  He would look like a fool if he randomly named off rich and famous people when he actually didn't teach them water sports.  I'm thinking he must have wanted to be on tv, or why would he leave such a cool job to shammy a sailboat?  So far, I like him as a deckie.  He seems to have more sense than most and I hope that will keep him away from Ashley's grasp when Gary inevitably falls for the new stew.  Of course, none of them seem to have sense when it comes to the hook ups.  They ignore cuties like Colin and Gabi in favor of Gary and Ashley.  Ugh.

• Love 7

I said this before but who spends Tens of thousands of dollars  to charter a luxury yacht just to stay plastered to the point of being black out drunk and most likely horribly hung over. I miss the days when they could go sight seeing around the beautiful scenery.

As far as bartenders being able to make and serve drinks to lot of patrons the bartenders are not cleaning cabins and bathrooms, serving 3 meals a day and cleaning up after each meal, doing laundry and keeping the interior of the boat clean all on a few hours of sleep a night. If I had been Daisy I would have have said get me off this damn boat. 

• Love 12

Well, this was quite the ep!

Obnoxious, entitled guests, new competent stew, and Kelsie lost a pin overboard! Such incomptence. Fire her immediately and replace her!! Or she can make it up to Gary horizontally.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

Grape juice is nothing but sugar. 

sure it's high in sugar (all juice is), but Daisy was ADDING sugar to juiced grapes. I don't think that's correct.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Jobiska said:

Barnaby looks like the love child of Chef Ben and...maybe Timothee Chalamet?

I agree. And I don't think that adds up to "really good looking" ! (Though Chalamet is ok)

• Love 2

I love the title of this thread. Dr. Nipples deserves it by insisting that the crew address her as "Dr" when everyone else goes by their first name.

I understand that people want what they want in terms of drinks, but to me this group was beyond obnoxious. Definitely new money. I've known truly wealthy people and they don't act that way. The people who always have to order fancy or complicated drinks are often Try Hards.  I'd rather take a cheap vacation with a bunch of happy, contented friends than have to spend more than five minutes with some of these people. Ug. My husband has a friend who kind of acts that way and I was getting PTSD just watching this group.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Grape juice is nothing but sugar.   37grams of carbohydrate in 8 fluid ounces.  That drink sounded disgusting- vodka, grape juice, and Sprite

As someone who loves grapes, they are little sugar cubes with some fiber. The drink was equal amounts of grape juice (I'm assuming white juice), vodka, and ginger ale. Sure, I'll ask for this when I find out there is no grape juice. If you are so locked in to one drink, I think I'd worry that you aren't enjoying alternatives. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, NaughtyKitty said:

I was shocked (well, not really) when Ashley made the comment about having sex with Gary to the new DH.  Wow.

Ashley was telling everyone, like it was a proud accomplishment. "I gave him a BJ. He pretends he doesn't remember, but everyone is obsessed with me!" The new deckhand had to hear about it straight from the whorses's mouth.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3

The people who always have to order fancy or complicated drinks are often Try Hards.

Agree  X1000. In my experience the wealthiest people order simple (but expensive) drinks. Think g&t in the summer, with the best gin, single malt scotch in the winter very well aged,  and very good wine at dinner. Source: former in-laws who would rather drink water than a convoluted/complicated mixed drink. ( We did have Campari and soda while in Italy, and, Ouzo while in Greece.)

• Love 7

Barnaby seems like a reasonable addition to the crew - but will Ashley jump her interest from Gary to him?

Man, my respect for Barnaby will plummet if he so much as looks at Ashley.

They ignore cuties like Colin and Gabi in favor of Gary and Ashley.  

I'm pretty sure Colin has a steady girlfriend, and unlike some crew members I could mention, doesn't cheat on her.

As far as bartenders being able to make and serve drinks to lot of patrons the bartenders are not cleaning cabins and bathrooms, serving 3 meals a day and cleaning up after each meal, doing laundry and keeping the interior of the boat clean all on a few hours of sleep a night.

While that's true, it still doesn't make the yacht guests unreasonable to expect the drinks to keep flowing. This isn't a surprise to anyone who works on a yacht, we've seen it on most every charter, on all three BD iterations. Some groups drink more than others but the interior crew has to be prepared to keep those drinks coming. They need to keep those guests happy if they want a big tip, it doesn't really matter how obnoxious they are.

The squawking about the size of the shrimp and the bacon was rude as well. 

Granted, that's a little too specific. I've never heard of a Bloody Mary with jump shrimp and bacon in it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Agree  X1000. In my experience the wealthiest people order simple (but expensive) drinks. Think g&t in the summer, with the best gin, single malt scotch in the winter very well aged,  and very good wine at dinner. Source: former in-laws who would rather drink water than a convoluted/complicated mixed drink. ( We did have Campari and soda while in Italy, and, Ouzo while in Greece.)

Possibly cocktails were made for cheaper alcohol. You add a lot of juices, liquors, bitters, and you don't notice you're drinking what amounts to moonshine.  That vodka could have been Smirnoff in that drink and he wouldn't have noticed. Someone asked for ice cubes in their wine. The horror.

What I would want is a wine paired with each course, but he's a chef not a sommelier. I would want to taste every course and not forget I ate it.

• Love 3

Possibly cocktails were made for cheaper alcohol. You add a lot of juices, liquors, bitters, and you don't notice you're drinking what amounts to moonshine. 

Good point. Also, inexperienced drinkers go for something which is sweet and fruity to mask the taste of alcohol.  Those nouveau riche guests lacked experience in a lot of things - such as acting like decent human beings.

• Love 10

I love the title of this thread. Dr. Nipples deserves it by insisting that the crew address her as "Dr" when everyone else goes by their first name.

I guess if you're on good terms with her you may use her first name, Areola.

Vodka with grapejuice??? *gag* Now, White rum with grape juice sounds pretty good...

• LOL 12
  • Love 1